PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: Melo is the Most Unguardable player; Knicks Might Win Title

NewYorkNoPicks
12-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Kobe when speaking to Stephen A Smith today. Cant find a link at the moment

Hank
12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Kobe the Stringbean is dumb on the court and off it

Legends66NBA7
12-12-2012, 07:07 PM
This interview ?:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8739627&categoryid=2378529

Nick Young
12-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Modestbe:bowdown:

9erempiree
12-12-2012, 07:17 PM
This interview ?:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8739627&categoryid=2378529

He didn't say that in the interview.

The OP may be using the interview as an excuse to prop up Melo since the interview is the biggest thing going in basketball right now. So he took the time to say that Kobe said this.

Legends66NBA7
12-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I listened to the interview the first time and I didn't even remember Bryant bringing up the Anthony or the Knicks.

I'm listening to it again and I'm not finding it.

9erempiree
12-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I listened to the interview the first time and I didn't even remember Bryant bringing up the Anthony or the Knicks.

I'm listening to it again and I'm not finding it.

you won't find it. The interview was about Kobe and the Lakers.

Steven @ss is not going to ask about Melo.

He was trying to pry everything about the Lakers out of Kobe. He would not waste questions.

Mr. Incredible
12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
The same Melo who has been out of the 1st round once?

DuMa
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
how fitting that a chucker likes another chucker's game

chazzy
12-12-2012, 07:33 PM
The world needs haters right

Calabis
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM

Damn so the dude that ain't that quick/best hops and Mr athletic is the best offensive player to the GOD of ISH....hmmm....sounds like younger Kobe when he said Old ass Reggie Miller was his nemesis...but hey those guys can't play with these uber athletes of today...oh wait Kobe can though:roll:

Patrick Chewing
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Kobe the Stringbean is dumb on the court and off it

You're scared aren't you??

Rubio2Gasol
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
He is the most ungardable scorer.

Kews1
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Hes obviously talking about Feb Melo :no:

NewYorkNoPicks
12-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Knicks forum on RealGM has the link

BEAST Griffin
12-13-2012, 03:22 AM
The world needs haters right

And sycophants.

White Mamba
12-13-2012, 03:50 AM
SAS said on first take that kobe talked about Melo, but I didn't found it.

jebron-i
12-13-2012, 04:09 AM
SAS said on first take that kobe talked about Melo, but I didn't found it.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/30617/kobe-melo-is-the-toughest-cover-in-nba

White Mamba
12-13-2012, 04:17 AM
ty jebron-i.

The_Yearning
12-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Damn so the dude that ain't that quick/best hops and Mr athletic is the best offensive player to the GOD of ISH....hmmm....sounds like younger Kobe when he said Old ass Reggie Miller was his nemesis...but hey those guys can't play with these uber athletes of today...oh wait Kobe can though:roll:

Learn to write coherently.

Human Error
02-21-2013, 09:23 AM
:facepalm

Human Error
03-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Nice analysis by Kobe, a ballhog recognizing a fellow ballhog. :applause:

NumberSix
03-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Kobe's basketball IQ exposed

willds09
03-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Hey Kobe iz right :applause:

longtime lurker
03-23-2013, 03:23 AM
Why are Heat fans constantly butt hurt?

Y2Gezee
03-23-2013, 04:05 AM
Why are Heat fans constantly butt hurt?

Sad isn't it.

Lame people trying to create a narrative without even thinking. Kobe said nothing wrong. Melo doesn't have Westbrook or Wade or Bosh walking onto the court with him, and when they're healthy they're still getting it done.

If you think that doesn't matter...you're retarded.

Tking714
03-23-2013, 05:25 AM
This is common Knowledge.

alleykat
03-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Kd on a bad day > melo.....

Tking714
03-23-2013, 05:59 AM

KD is a chump in the post

Clutch
03-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Nice analysis by Kobe, a ballhog recognizing a fellow ballhog. :applause:
:oldlol:

shady6121
03-23-2013, 06:08 AM

Durant is trash without the free throws.

retaxis
04-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Wilds who is better as a player lebron or melo

retaxis
04-28-2013, 09:11 AM
lebron iz tha better athlete and passer, i give him that.
So why you talking like Melo>>>>Lebron?

You think Melo going to dominate Lebron if they meet in the playoffs again ?

Nick Young
04-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Melo deserves a ring, he has skills and works hard on his game, he's a better role model for kids growing up today then ref manufactured steroids "superstars" like those on the Heat and D12.

Magic 32
04-28-2013, 09:36 AM

Or as I like to call them, guy's who take the half-court shot.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/963723/thumbs/h-MIAMI-HEAT-FAN-HITS-75K-HALFCOURT-SHOT-348x516.jpg

chosen_wun
04-28-2013, 09:37 AM
KD, like Melo, impacts games by scoring...and as we saw yesterday, HIGH volume scoring. (13/30)

that's how Durant and Melo impact games, scoring and drawing defenders.

Kobe is likeminded. Which is why he doesn't see the hassle of stopping LeBron. You can't stop LeBron by stopping his scoring, thats just one dimension to his game.

Magic 32
04-28-2013, 09:41 AM
You can't stop LeBron by stopping his scoring, thats just one dimension to his game.

Choking is another dimension.:applause:

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 09:43 AM

The Knicks look much better than Miami and are as talented when you look at their squad now that they are healthy. One session with THE GOAT and Melo is playing GOAT like ball... Mj may not now how to manage a bball team but he is still the best BBALL mind out there... :rockon:

OldSkoolball#52
04-28-2013, 09:45 AM

If you notice, the two young "stars" Kobe is always quick to praise are Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook. It seems like those are the two dudes he likes to think of as proteges.

What do Kobe, Melo, and Westbrook have in common? They're all selfish, unreliable efficiency, "hero shot" players. Kobe knows those guys are just basically junior versions of him, so he wants to prop up guys that play that style and make it sound like thats how you should play. Especially cause he knows those two are no threat to his legacy.

He typically doesn't ever hype up guys like Lebron, Durant, Wade, Paul, etc. or other guys that play the right way and can actually be argued to be better than Kobe because of it. Sure, if someone asks him about Lebron he'll say something respectful, but the guys he goes out of his way to praise have always been Melo and Westbrook. He's trying to give credit to those who play the same overrated, self-centered, low-IQ type of basketball he does.

STATUTORY
04-28-2013, 09:45 AM
The Knicks look much better than Miami and are as talented when you look at their squad now that they are healthy. One session with THE GOAT and Melo is playing GOAT like ball... Mj may not now how to manage a bball team but he is still the best BBALL mind out there... :rockon:

y u emotionally hedging? we all kno u a lebron stan at heart

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 09:47 AM
KD, like Melo, impacts games by scoring...and as we saw yesterday, HIGH volume scoring. (13/30)

that's how Durant and Melo impact games, scoring and drawing defenders.

Kobe is likeminded. Which is why he doesn't see the hassle of stopping LeBron. You can't stop LeBron by stopping his scoring, thats just one dimension to his game.

I agree but the Knicks will present match up problems for the Heat. Chandler was instrumental in beating the Heat in 11 and this Knick team reminds me of that Dallas team... Kidd at point with two other pg that can play pick and roll. Smith is looking better than ever , kMART AND CHANDLER are great on defense and Melo is looking like Dirk ala 2011..

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
If you notice, the two young "stars" Kobe is always quick to praise are Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook. It seems like those are the two dudes he likes to think of as proteges.

What do Kobe, Melo, and Westbrook have in common? They're all selfish, unreliable efficiency, "hero shot" players. Kobe knows those guys are just basically junior versions of him, so he wants to prop up guys that play that style and make it sound like thats how you should play. Especially cause he knows those two are no threat to his legacy.

He typically doesn't ever hype up guys like Lebron, Durant, Wade, Paul, etc. or other guys that play the right way and can actually be argued to be better than Kobe because of it. Sure, if someone asks him about Lebron he'll say something respectful, but the guys he goes out of his way to praise have always been Melo and Westbrook. He's trying to give credit to those who play the same overrated, self-centered, low-IQ type of basketball he does.

ouch for the Kobestansss... I don't think Carmelo or Westbrook is a junior vs of Kobe though.. Carmelo is his superior at this point and Westbrook is on his level.. :rockon:

OldSkoolball#52
04-28-2013, 10:03 AM
ouch for the Kobestansss... I don't think Carmelo or Westbrook is a junior vs of Kobe though.. Carmelo is his superior at this point and Westbrook is on his level.. :rockon:

I agree that Carmelo and Westbrook are definitely better now. Becuase of Kobe's extreme selfishness throughout his career, which dwarfs that of Melo and Westbrook, you could argue both of those two are more useful now overall than Kobe ever was.

But I'm just sayin, in the typical fans' mind, there's no way Melo or Westbrook are an actual threat to Kobe's legacy. Therefore he doesn't have a problem giving them dap. He rarely is complimentary of guys he knows are gonna surpass him in terms of talent and legacy.

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 10:04 AM
y u emotionally hedging? we all kno u a lebron stan at heart

So The pots calling the kettle black... LOL .. Kobe stans like yourself emotionally hedge from the start of the season by DISSING EVERY PLAYER KOBE PLAYS WITH... EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS TRUE...:roll:

Would I take any Lebron team over your Lakers? fcuk yea... :oldlol:

I live in new york and would love to see either one of the NY teams win a title.. I would prefer it be Brooklyn but I would also love to see NY...:kobe:

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 10:06 AM
I agree that Carmelo and Westbrook are definitely better now. Becuase of Kobe's extreme selfishness throughout his career, which dwarfs that of Melo and Westbrook, you could argue both of those two are more useful now overall than Kobe ever was.

But I'm just sayin, in the typical fans' mind, there's no way Melo or Westbrook are an actual threat to Kobe's legacy. Therefore he doesn't have a problem giving them dap. He rarely is complimentary of guys he knows are gonna surpass him in terms of talent and legacy.

Totally agree. Kobe is an all time top ten player.. He has a chance to get down to 5th best ever if he keeps playing.

STATUTORY
04-28-2013, 10:10 AM
So The pots calling the kettle black... LOL .. Kobe stans like yourself emotionally hedge from the start of the season by DISSING EVERY PLAYER KOBE PLAYS WITH... EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS TRUE...:roll:

Would I take any Lebron team over your Lakers? fcuk yea... :oldlol:

I live in new york and would love to see either one of the NY teams win a title.. I would prefer it be Brooklyn but I would also love to see NY...:kobe:

I live in nyc too so Knicks also the team I back. They are also the only team capable of beating Heat now.

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 10:17 AM
I live in nyc too so Knicks also the team I back. They are also the only team capable of beating Heat now.

U sure ur not a KOBESTAN? LOL

If Amare can play 15-20 minutes a game the Knicks would have a ridiculous team..

KIDD, RAYMOND FELTON ,PRIG
SMITH JR SHUMPERT
MELO NOVAK
MARTIN AMARE
CHANDLER

That is as good as it gets in the NBA at this moment... I think thE kNICKS can out muscle the Heat with Melo ,Martin and Chandler VS lebron, Bosh , haslem..

The only thing that will hurt the Knicks is the Love that Lebron and Wade get vs Melo and any other Knick player..

It's A VC3!!!
04-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Even as a nets fan the Knicks are the 2011 mavericks 2.0. I'm still not going to fully judge them against the weak Celtics but they have possibly the best ball movement out of any nba team in the nba and their defense is great. My retarded nets should be at least 2-2 but they want to give up a 14 point lead in three minutes. Dumb idiots.

STATUTORY
04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
U sure ur not a KOBESTAN? LOL

If Amare can play 15-20 minutes a game the Knicks would have a ridiculous team..

KIDD, RAYMOND FELTON ,PRIG
SMITH JR SHUMPERT
MELO NOVAK
MARTIN AMARE
CHANDLER

That is as good as it gets in the NBA at this moment... I think thE kNICKS can out muscle the Heat with Melo ,Martin and Chandler VS lebron, Bosh , haslem..

The only thing that will hurt the Knicks is the Love that Lebron and Wade get vs Melo and any other Knick player..

you can have a favorite player and a different team because of regional ties. I mean I'm in my mid 20s so it's not like the knicks have given me much to cheer for since I was like 10. If shumpert was even close to what he was last year than I think it's a wrap cause iman last year could have locked down current wade easy.

I don't know why Knicks are getting dismissed so much. it's weird that a nyc team isn't getting the hype it deserves.

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 10:39 AM
you can have a favorite player and a different team because of regional ties. I mean I'm in my mid 20s so it's not like the knicks have given me much to cheer for since I was like 10. If shumpert was even close to what he was last year than I think it's a wrap cause iman last year could have locked down current wade easy.

I don't know why Knicks are getting dismissed so much. it's weird that a nyc team isn't getting the hype it deserves.

I was in my teens when MJ played vs The Knicks in the early Nineties and man was that exciting to watch.. Since then I have not seen tough nosed bball like that in the NBA.. My fav player was always Petrovich from the Nets but I always rooted for the Knicks when they played anyone but the Nets.. I went to the Nets vs Laker finals in 02 at the Meadowlands.. And I stopped watching BBALL when Petro passed and THEN MJ retired and I had less reason to watch.. I had never been an MJ fan until his first comeback.. When he came back and hit Starks for 55 I wasn't mad.. I was happy he was back.. You have to appreciate greatness and that is why I always write that Kobe is one of the best ever.. Though I hate the darn Lakers...:roll:

I remember the 92 playoffs and the KNicks stunning the bulls in game one of their playoff match.. The Bulls were happy to be facing the Knicks instead of the Pistons but boy were they in for a surprise when the series started..

HAVE A GOOD ONE.. It is too nice outside to hang at home...

NBASTATMAN
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Even as a nets fan the Knicks are the 2011 mavericks 2.0. I'm still not going to fully judge them against the weak Celtics but they have possibly the best ball movement out of any nba team in the nba and their defense is great. My retarded nets should be at least 2-2 but they want to give up a 14 point lead in three minutes. Dumb idiots.

TOTALLY AGREE.. :cheers:

longtime lurker
04-28-2013, 11:09 AM

Or maybe he just sees the talent that guys like Melo and Westbrook have and gives them the props they deserve instead of hating like your typical messageboard nerd :confusedshrug: I mean it's not JR Smith that he's talking about. And he's very complimentary to a lot of different players but hey that wouldn't fit your agenda now would it

stevieming
04-28-2013, 11:20 AM

damn thats pretty astute right there.

OldSkoolball#52
04-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Kobe's basketball IQ exposed

:lol

pauk
04-28-2013, 02:07 PM
For a legendary chucker to like the biggest chucker today isnt a surprise. No pun intended, they both are great, but you know, they both have similar mindsets offensively... and unlike Kobe he cant even pass the ball that well...

As far as who really is the most unguardable... i think you know the real answer to that Kobe...

ILLsmak
04-28-2013, 02:09 PM
The same Melo who has been out of the 1st round once?

Soon to be twice, eh?

-Smak

dh144498
04-28-2013, 02:20 PM
For a legendary chucker to like the biggest chucker today isnt a surprise. No pun intended, they both are great, but you know, they both have similar mindsets offensively... and unlike Kobe he cant even pass the ball that well...

As far as who really is the most unguardable... i think you know the real answer to that Kobe...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2183379/kobereturns.gif

so unguardable.

STATUTORY
04-28-2013, 02:23 PM

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lebron_choking.JPG

unguardable? I know you like to live in make believe world of aging lions and giraffes but in real life Lebron has been stopped many times.

Hoopz2332
05-02-2013, 05:21 AM
:coleman:

Bandito
05-02-2013, 08:08 AM

As far as who really is the most unguardable... i think you know the real answer to that Kobe...2010 Celtics and 2011 Mavericks say hi!

kNicKz
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
As far as who really is the most unguardable...

38 year old kidd shut him down :roll: