PDA

View Full Version : Who are trade deadline candidates?

DStebb716
12-13-2012, 08:19 PM
You've got the normal names like Tyreke Evans and Monta Ellis, but who else will draw a lot of speculation and potentially be traded?

Brandon Jennings will likely draw a lot of speculation if Milwaukee isn't committed to paying him.
I do think one of Millsap and Jefferson get moved out of Utah.

SCdac
12-13-2012, 08:24 PM
DeJuan Blair is one of the cheapest contracts in SA, and he's in a contract year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's wearing a different jersey sooner than later. Not because fans don't like him, but the FO questions his effort to stay in shape and he's not one of Pop's favorites.

DStebb716
Does a Danny Granger for Monta Ellis deal make sense? Milwaukee has to pack in another player, but that'd be the base of it.

TheMarkMadsen
Brandon Jennings.

Has he stated whether he will resign or not?

Levity
12-13-2012, 08:25 PM
calderon. isnt he an expirer?

PyrrhusX
12-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Gortat mabye. I also see Al/Millsap moving somewhere new ... I pray every ngiht that Perk goes to a new team.

Kews1
12-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Leandro Barbosa, Avery Bradley

One or two of these guys will definitely be gone, who needs this many guards seriously. I put my money on Courtney and Barbosa

DStebb716
12-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Brandon Jennings.

Has he stated whether he will resign or not?

No. He has said it's in his agents hands and that he would like to return, but that's the garbage talk they all go with. He has said he'll look at bigger markets.

(I think that if Jennings hits RFA he gets a big offer from Dallas so they can create a Mayo/Jennings backcourt).

Fudge
12-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping Perkins will be in the conversation. Depends on how well they're doing at that point.

DuMa
12-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Milsap

Whoah10115
12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I could see Popovich moving some combination of Blair and Neal for a better backup PG. They have plenty of shoot-first combo guards. And they have Blair as a stretch 4, along with Splitter and Blair...maybe they could move guys out and bring in a PF.

Does a Danny Granger for Monta Ellis deal make sense? Milwaukee has to pack in another player, but that'd be the base of it.

Random...and you know what, it ain't bad. I'd rather move Jennings, but either one could do well in Indiana. Hill is a combo guard anyway. He could be one with either of those two.

qrich
12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Clippers might be looking into moving Bledsoe if the right offer comes along.

Also Odom as an expiring contract if he continues to stink it up, possibly in return for a two year contract another team might not want (Marion?)

DStebb716
12-13-2012, 08:36 PM

Also Odom as an expiring contract if he continues to stink it up, possibly in return for a two year contract another team might not want (Marion?)

They should trade Odom to New Orleans. I don't care what for, it'd just be funny to see it come full circle like that.

SCdac
12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I could see Popovich moving some combination of Blair and Neal for a better backup PG. They have plenty of shoot-first combo guards. And they have Blair as a stretch 4, along with Splitter and Blair...maybe they could move guys out and bring in a PF.

I'm assuming you meant Bonner? I'd like to see Bonner moved more than anybody on the Spurs. Spurs have Nando De Colo and Corey Joseph as decent back up PG prospects (both of them are more true PG's than Neal or Green). For a small market team that won't go over the lux tax they're good pieces.

Whoah10115
12-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm assuming you meant Bonner? I'd like to see Bonner moved more than anybody on the Spurs. Spurs have Nando De Colo and Corey Joseph as decent back up PG prospects (both of them are more true PG's than Neal or Green). For a small market team that won't go over the lux tax they're good pieces.

Yeah that's what I meant...Pop seems to love him tho.

outbreak
12-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Redick will be a target

lilgodfather1
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Varejao if the price is right,shall be shipped out.

DStebb716
12-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Monta Ellis for Al Jefferson?
Monta Ellis for Marcin Gortat and a protected pick?

qrich
12-13-2012, 09:36 PM
They should trade Odom to New Orleans. I don't care what for, it'd just be funny to see it come full circle like that.

For Hornets first and Eric Gordon :bowdown:

Zodiac
12-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Smoove, Jefferson, Petrolol

outbreak
12-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Trade him for some sodas and basketball equipment. Someone in baseball got traded for baseball bats back in the day

irondarts
12-13-2012, 10:14 PM

You think the Mavs would take Odom back? :oldlol: :oldlol:

irondarts
12-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Also, I don't think the Hawks are going to trade Josh Smith. I think he's going to re-sign long term in Atlanta.

KDthunderup
12-13-2012, 10:16 PM
DeJuan Blair is one of the cheapest contracts in SA, and he's in a contract year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's wearing a different jersey sooner than later. Not because fans don't like him, but the FO questions his effort to stay in shape and he's not one of Pop's favorites.
Haven't kept track of Blair for a while, how are his knees going?

webberz0044
12-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Pau Gasol
Metta World
Chris Duhon
Jodie Meeks
Devin Ebanks
Robert Sacre
Darius Morris
Earl Clark

Xiao Yao You
12-13-2012, 10:40 PM

It will have to be a trade they can't turn down. I think they'd rather keep them and try to sign one in the off-season. If they trade one and the other gets seriously overpaid than they get neither. Raja Bell and either Watson or Tinsley hopefully will go. Maybe Marvin Williams?

swi7ch
12-13-2012, 10:43 PM
<--- See avatar.

Bcogswell
12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
You can add Bargnani and Calderon to the list. :oldlol:

DStebb716
12-13-2012, 11:05 PM
It will have to be a trade they can't turn down. I think they'd rather keep them and try to sign one in the off-season. If they trade one and the other gets seriously overpaid than they get neither. Raja Bell and either Watson or Tinsley hopefully will go. Maybe Marvin Williams?

Well they would trade one and commit to signing the other. That's the idea. They would be stupid to keep both beyond the deadline and lose one for nothing. At least if you trade one you get something while improving the chances of keeping the other.
Obviously have to be a very good deal, but it obviously still has to be a good deal.

DukeDelonte13
12-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Varejao if the price is right,shall be shipped out.

I think he remains a cav. There are so many pros to keeping him on the team that their asking price is going to really really high.

Xiao Yao You
12-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Well they would trade one and commit to signing the other. That's the idea. They would be stupid to keep both beyond the deadline and lose one for nothing. At least if you trade one you get something while improving the chances of keeping the other.
Obviously have to be a very good deal, but it obviously still has to be a good deal.

But if the one that they keep gets an outrageous offer they lose both or overpay for 1. Better chance of keeping one if they don't trade either and more the Jazz's MO though with a new GM that could change. They should have traded Boozer when Millsap put up comparable numbers but they let him go to free agency hoping to keep him.

You aren't losing them for nothing either. You get cap space to resign the other guys you want to keep and go after FA's and prepare to pay Favors and Hayward and Kanter(maybe Burks?). Can make a sign and trade like they did with Boozer for a TPE( or other assets) which they unwisely used to get Jefferson in the first place.

It could be stupid to make a trade just to make it when they are in the heat of a playoff race too. I think Jefferson needs to go regardless and the sooner the better but the FO certainly doesn't feel that way.

OmniStrife
12-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Gortat, Beasley and Shannon Brown could be traded.
I want C. Lee...

I'd give all 3 for Courtney.

andremiller07
12-14-2012, 09:04 AM
I want C. Lee...

Is Gortat still unhappy in the Suns? I've seen a lot of short sighted Kings fans who have ran out of patience with Cousins (I am not one) mentioning deals to swap the 2 with others included.

poido123
12-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Redick will be a target

Oh how I'd love the Bulls to get him...

However I'm not sure that will be enough to be a solid contender.Rose does need some help and a solid 2nd scoring option, Deng is too inconsistent at that(Boozer was supposed to be but yeah).

bagelred
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Jose Calderon
Al Jefferson
Anderson Verajao - if team makes huge offer, Cavs should grab it
Jared Jeffries - I think Lakers get him:lol D'Antoni loves him
Andrea Bargnani - but I doubt Raptors actually move him

Whoah10115
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
I want C. Lee...

The Celtics would jump at that.

DStebb716
12-14-2012, 12:44 PM
But if the one that they keep gets an outrageous offer they lose both or overpay for 1. Better chance of keeping one if they don't trade either and more the Jazz's MO though with a new GM that could change. They should have traded Boozer when Millsap put up comparable numbers but they let him go to free agency hoping to keep him.

You aren't losing them for nothing either. You get cap space to resign the other guys you want to keep and go after FA's and prepare to pay Favors and Hayward and Kanter(maybe Burks?). Can make a sign and trade like they did with Boozer for a TPE( or other assets) which they unwisely used to get Jefferson in the first place.

It could be stupid to make a trade just to make it when they are in the heat of a playoff race too. I think Jefferson needs to go regardless and the sooner the better but the FO certainly doesn't feel that way.

There is nobody that's going to cost much to resign on the team worth letting those guys go so you have money. Heyward won't cost very much at all. Kanter has done nothing yet so if he gets a bogus offer in the future they'll let him walk. Burks still hasn't done much.

chips93
12-14-2012, 12:57 PM
You've got the normal names like Tyreke Evans and Monta Ellis, but who else will draw a lot of speculation and potentially be traded?

Brandon Jennings will likely draw a lot of speculation if Milwaukee isn't committed to paying him.

evans and jennings are both restricted this summer, so i dont see why they get traded. sacramento/milwaukee can both just match the offers this summer if they wanna keep them

agree on utah, its pretty surprising to me that they still have both millsap and jefferson, considering they have two promising young bigs waiting on the bench for their time.

i love andy to death, but hes 30 years old, the cavs are at least a few years away from serious contention, and he has way more value to a contender. if we can get a couple nice young players, and or draft picks, id like to see grant pull the trigger.

Xiao Yao You
12-14-2012, 01:07 PM
There is nobody that's going to cost much to resign on the team worth letting those guys go so you have money. Heyward won't cost very much at all. Kanter has done nothing yet so if he gets a bogus offer in the future they'll let him walk. Burks still hasn't done much.

Mo , Millsap, Jefferson( and possibly Marvin) will be free agents that will command some money not to mention other teams free agents that they might go after. Heyward and Favors will get big extensions next summer or get big money as restricted free agents the next summer. Kanter will be able to show what he's got next year if not sooner. Burks who knows?

its pretty surprising to me that they still have both millsap and jefferson, considering they have two promising young bigs waiting on the bench for their time.

Not surprising. They've never been about tanking. They are trying to compete.

kshutts1
12-14-2012, 04:23 PM
I see Al Harrington going to the Lakers. He would be a good option in D'Antoni's offense, and should come cheaply.

Al Jefferson will likely be moved. Fairly certain he's an expiring contract, and he's pretty talented, and Utah has a full front court.

Tyreke Evans should be moved... to the Bulls, for Deng. Obviously other salaries would have to be in play from Sacramento's end, but those should be the major pieces.

Calderon, as many have mentioned... too good to sit on the bench.

Derrick Williams. I think this is the year he's finally traded, though the main complicating factor is that with all his DNPs, his value has dropped through the floor. Might make more sense to hold on to him and just get him some court time to boost his value...

poido123
12-14-2012, 07:35 PM
I see Al Harrington going to the Lakers. He would be a good option in D'Antoni's offense, and should come cheaply.

Al Jefferson will likely be moved. Fairly certain he's an expiring contract, and he's pretty talented, and Utah has a full front court.

Tyreke Evans should be moved... to the Bulls, for Deng. Obviously other salaries would have to be in play from Sacramento's end, but those should be the major pieces.

Calderon, as many have mentioned... too good to sit on the bench.

Derrick Williams. I think this is the year he's finally traded, though the main complicating factor is that with all his DNPs, his value has dropped through the floor. Might make more sense to hold on to him and just get him some court time to boost his value...

We'll take Jimmer and Reke for Deng...Even though Deng isnt that good, he is still very important to the bulls team. Rose Noah Deng is the core.

andremiller07
12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
We'll take Jimmer and Reke for Deng...Even though Deng isnt that good, he is still very important to the bulls team. Rose Noah Deng is the core.

Tyreke Evans needs to have the ball to be effective if him and Rose are on the floor at the same time hes going to suck. Evans best basketball is when hes playing PG so this in fact would be crap for both teams, Deng would suffer on the Kings since hes not as good shot creator as Tyreke and there are no other real shot creators on the perimeter.

The only good thing about this trade would be I no longer have to look at Jimmer on defense.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
The Celtics would jump at that.

Ainge would have to call Phoenix back after he recovered from drowning in his own semen.

In my eyes everyone on the Celtics is available minus Rondo Garnett and Pierce. Maybe Bradley, unless a really good centre came along...

poido123
12-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Tyreke Evans needs to have the ball to be effective if him and Rose are on the floor at the same time hes going to suck. Evans best basketball is when hes playing PG so this in fact would be crap for both teams, Deng would suffer on the Kings since hes not as good shot creator as Tyreke and there are no other real shot creators on the perimeter.

The only good thing about this trade would be I no longer have to look at Jimmer on defense.

Very good points. I would prefer to get Reddick for the team, but it would have to be a player who doesn't need the ball to be effective and can create their own shot, any suggestions? Someone like JR smith without the volatility would of been perfect. Next year Boozer is likely to be amnestied and we have Nikola Mirotic heading over here either next year or year after and he is good. Think of another Dirk Nowitzki, yes Mirotic has that talent.

andremiller07
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Very good points. I would prefer to get Reddick for the team, but it would have to be a player who doesn't need the ball to be effective and can create their own shot, any suggestions? Someone like JR smith without the volatility would of been perfect. Next year Boozer is likely to be amnestied and we have Nikola Mirotic heading over here either next year or year after and he is good. Think of another Dirk Nowitzki, yes Mirotic has that talent.

Even though hes struggled this year the Bulls imo should have a look at Marcus Thornton (yeah a little undersized) hes a far better athlete than anyone on the roster not named Rose or Gibson and hes a lights out shooter when in form. Imo hes a far bigger upgrade over Marco and Reddick and the Kings are not using him effeicently althought im not saying trade Deng for Thornton straight up.

kshutts1
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Bulls have one player on their roster that can create his own shot -- Derrick Rose. It's a kiss of death. Bulls need another shot creator, and that's where Evans comes in.

Thunder -- Westbrook, Durant
Heat -- Wade, Lebron
Spurs -- Parker, Manu

Last I checked, those were three of the most successful teams in the league, and all three of them have 2 relatively ball-dominant players. I fail to see why Evans and Rose couldn't co-exist. The biggest downfall to trading Deng for Evans is the loss in shooting (Deng is a better shooter), but in terms of "needing the ball" the Bulls would be fine.

On a side note, though, I LOVE Thornton. Always have. Would really like to see him on Bulls or Lakers.

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
evans and jennings are both restricted this summer, so i dont see why they get traded. sacramento/milwaukee can both just match the offers this summer if they wanna keep them

If Sacramento wanted Tyreke, they would've signed him by now. The relationship is sour and not working. It won't going forward. He'll get a bigger offer than they're willing to match in free agency.

Jennings will get a max offer in free agency, Milwaukee won't match that.

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Mo , Millsap, Jefferson( and possibly Marvin) will be free agents that will command some money not to mention other teams free agents that they might go after. Heyward and Favors will get big extensions next summer or get big money as restricted free agents the next summer. Kanter will be able to show what he's got next year if not sooner. Burks who knows?

They won't worry about keeping Mo if he gets any big offers. Can't say Millsap and Jefferson here because I'm saying they'll get rid of one for multiple pieces so they don't have to pay both. Marvin isn't going to command any huge chunk, and if he does they'll just let him go.
Favors won't get big money until he performs. Heyward isn't getting "big" money.

el gringos
12-15-2012, 04:13 PM
If Sacramento wanted Tyreke, they would've signed him by now. The relationship is sour and not working. It won't going forward. He'll get a bigger offer than they're willing to match in free agency.

Jennings will get a max offer in free agency, Milwaukee won't match that.
Jennings won't get a max offer. Should be below Jrue holidays deal- well but so should Lawson's deal, so who knows? Maybe you're right, but I just don't see another team signing him to a deal over 10ish per year and I would think Milwaukee would go there

Cali Syndicate
12-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Bulls have one player on their roster that can create his own shot -- Derrick Rose. It's a kiss of death. Bulls need another shot creator, and that's where Evans comes in.

Thunder -- Westbrook, Durant
Heat -- Wade, Lebron
Spurs -- Parker, Manu

Last I checked, those were three of the most successful teams in the league, and all three of them have 2 relatively ball-dominant players. I fail to see why Evans and Rose couldn't co-exist. The biggest downfall to trading Deng for Evans is the loss in shooting (Deng is a better shooter), but in terms of "needing the ball" the Bulls would be fine.

On a side note, though, I LOVE Thornton. Always have. Would really like to see him on Bulls or Lakers.

The biggest downfall in losing Deng would be his defense

andremiller07
12-15-2012, 07:28 PM
The biggest downfall in losing Deng would be his defense

Tyreke is as good defender if not better when healthy, hes been a monster on D this year when put on the oppositions best player.

Kews1
12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I want C. Lee...

I wish you were the GM at the Suns :bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
12-15-2012, 08:17 PM
They won't worry about keeping Mo if he gets any big offers. Can't say Millsap and Jefferson here because I'm saying they'll get rid of one for multiple pieces so they don't have to pay both.

O'Conner loves Mo so he could be back and they might overpay to it as they've done in the past. They can't pay Millsap and Jefferson. They might if they could but they can't if they want to pay their young guys in the next few years.

Marvin isn't going to command any huge chunk, and if he does they'll just let him go.

They should get rid of him if they can. Demarre is comparable and a lot cheaper.

Favors won't get big money until he performs. Heyward isn't getting "big" money.

You haven't been paying attention. Look what guys have got in the past based on potential. Chandler got his money and he's certainly comparable at this stage. Batum got his money and he's not the player Hayward is.

Myth
12-15-2012, 08:17 PM
For Portland, I'd say JJ Hickson just because he is on a 1 year contract and has proved himself to be valuable. Most of the other guys Portland either would not want to trade at all, or nobody would want to trade for at all.

ConanRulesNBC
12-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Leandro Barbosa, Avery Bradley

One or two of these guys will definitely be gone, who needs this many guards seriously. I put my money on Courtney and Barbosa

They'd be fools to get rid of Terry, Lee and Bradley.

Bandito
12-15-2012, 08:43 PM
No. He has said it's in his agents hands and that he would like to return, but that's the garbage talk they all go with. He has said he'll look at bigger markets.

(I think that if Jennings hits RFA he gets a big offer from Dallas so they can create a Mayo/Jennings backcourt).
Mayo/Jenning and Dirk with a 2 big time rebounders/ defenders in the post could be great in this team. If they stay with Brand and add some solid players in the post this team could surprise next year. Too bad Odom didn't pan out...he could've been one of those big post players.

Kews1
12-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Lee hasnt been playing especially well IMO, as soon as Avery is back hes expendable, but i agree that Terry and Avery shouldn't be going anywhere.

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Once Bradley is back Lee should be the odd man out. They should package him with Bass or something to get a better big like Gortat.

Rondo/Terry should play together.
Bradley/Barbosa should be the second string.

Whoah10115
12-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Once Bradley is back Lee should be the odd man out. They should package him with Bass or something to get a better big like Gortat.

Rondo/Terry should play together.
Bradley/Barbosa should be the second string.

Terry should not play with Rondo. And he should be used as a 6th man. Bradley would make more sense as the starter...unless they start Lee, which I'm good with.

Honestly, Rivers should be playing Barbosa. Barbosa looks as Barbosa as ever. Very few bench guys can give what he can. And he's on a nothing contract. If GM's were good at their jobs they would look for him.

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Jennings won't get a max offer. Should be below Jrue holidays deal- well but so should Lawson's deal, so who knows? Maybe you're right, but I just don't see another team signing him to a deal over 10ish per year and I would think Milwaukee would go there

I think he'll get a max or very close to it. He's only getting better and still VERY young. A guy you can market, as well. It only takes one desperate team (see: Phoenix Suns giving the injury prone Eric Gordon a max offer).

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:20 PM
O'Conner loves Mo so he could be back and they might overpay to it as they've done in the past. They can't pay Millsap and Jefferson. They might if they could but they can't if they want to pay their young guys in the next few years.

They should get rid of him if they can. Demarre is comparable and a lot cheaper.

Demarre is terrible. Can't play defense or offense. But they could definitely find somebody easily comparable to Marvin for cheaper either way.

ProfessorMurder
12-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Terry should not play with Rondo. And he should be used as a 6th man. Bradley would make more sense as the starter...unless they start Lee, which I'm good with.

Honestly, Rivers should be playing Barbosa. Barbosa looks as Barbosa as ever. Very few bench guys can give what he can. And he's on a nothing contract. If GM's were good at their jobs they would look for him.

You're right, I spaced and put Terry as a starter. Rondo should be with Bradley, and Terry with Barbosa. Most of the bench production would be Terry Barbosa and Green, with Sully and Wilcox.

Barbosa is so good, but Doc just doesn't seem to want to play him. He's one of the few guys on the team that can create his own shot, and he's still one of the fastest guys in the league.

I'm just so sick of the lack of rebounding. Get anyone that wants to gobble up boards. Any kind of Reggie Evans guy would be great, offense is a plus.

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 12:11 AM
You're right, I spaced and put Terry as a starter. Rondo should be with Bradley, and Terry with Barbosa. Most of the bench production would be Terry Barbosa and Green, with Sully and Wilcox.

Barbosa is so good, but Doc just doesn't seem to want to play him. He's one of the few guys on the team that can create his own shot, and he's still one of the fastest guys in the league.

I'm just so sick of the lack of rebounding. Get anyone that wants to gobble up boards. Any kind of Reggie Evans guy would be great, offense is a plus.

You guys could have gone after him. He might be the best rebounder in the NBA.

I made a list of guys the Celtics should go after...Nene (maybe even Okafor), Gortat, Favors/Kanter (longshot but hey), Varejao, Chuck Hayes...as much as I hate him, but I could see the value in Humphries...just cuz he'd rebound. But if I'm Boston I also want a center hybrid or at least a deep low-post defender.

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I think he'll get a max or very close to it. He's only getting better and still VERY young. A guy you can market, as well. It only takes one desperate team (see: Phoenix Suns giving the injury prone Eric Gordon a max offer).

He's talented but I don't know if he's really a PG. Shoot-first or not, I just don't know if he's a PG.

andremiller07
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM

I made a list of guys the Celtics should go after...Nene (maybe even Okafor), Gortat, Favors/Kanter (longshot but hey), Varejao, Chuck Hayes...as much as I hate him, but I could see the value in Humphries...just cuz he'd rebound. But if I'm Boston I also want a center hybrid or at least a deep low-post defender.

DeMarcus Cousins imo is the answer to both Boston and OKC, the Kings organisation and fans (other than me) it seems have pretty much turned on him and want him out, now is the time to get him at his cheapest (earning 3mil a season)if I were those teams. OKC can give up Lamb and a draft pick and Boston can give up something they got a lot of pieces.

ProfessorMurder
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM

I'd love a trade for Gortat or Varejao. Versatile enough to play the 4 or 5 with KG, run the floor, and defend. I was hoping they'd sign Hayes or Evans during the off season, but that didn't happen.

ProfessorMurder
12-16-2012, 12:16 AM
DeMarcus Cousins imo is the answer to both Boston and OKC, the Kings organisation and fans (other than me) it seems have pretty much turned on him and want him out, now is the time to get him at his cheapest (earning 3mil a season)if I were those teams. OKC can give up Lamb and a draft pick and Boston can give up something they got a lot of pieces.

I'd get such a boner if Boston somehow got Cuz. He and Rondo have a Kentucky connection, and he'd benefit by playing with KG.

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 12:18 AM

I'd love a trade for Gortat or Varejao. Versatile enough to play the 4 or 5 with KG, run the floor, and defend. I was hoping they'd sign Hayes or Evans during the off season, but that didn't happen.

If Sacramento are really stupid enough to trade DeMarcus Cousins then the Celtics should go after him. What a huge pickup.

andremiller07
12-16-2012, 12:20 AM
If Sacramento are really stupid enough to trade DeMarcus Cousins then the Celtics should go after him. What a huge pickup.

If you listen to the Kings radio and read all the things people write everything points to him being thrown out. The Kings have said they have done "everything" to help him and its not worked which kinda means they have reached the end of the road.

ProfessorMurder
12-16-2012, 12:24 AM
If you listen to the Kings radio and read all the things people write everything points to him being thrown out. The Kings have said they have done "everything" to help him and its not worked which kinda means they have reached the end of the road.

If I were them I'd get rid of Tyreke. Maybe try to package him with Salmons and see if someone would bite. Let Brooks and Thornton play.

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 01:27 AM

Cousins would instantly be good on the Celtics.

Xiao Yao You
12-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Demarre is terrible. Can't play defense or offense. But they could definitely find somebody easily comparable to Marvin for cheaper either way.

He's been great. They play better with him in the line-up that's for sure.

LosBulls
12-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Wouldn't go well for both teams. There was a lot of bad blood between those two teams last season and Monta and Granger were both big parts of it.

Foster5k
12-16-2012, 09:58 AM
:oldlol:

Kings would be remarkably stupid to trade Cousins.

andremiller07
12-16-2012, 10:07 AM
:oldlol:

Kings would be remarkably stupid to trade Cousins.

I 1000% agree but if you have seen the bullcrap flying at him from within and out of the organisation I wouldn't be suprised. I want to see him do well in Sac town but the bs towards him has really got out of control (some deserved but not to his extent).

DStebb716
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Wouldn't go well for both teams. There was a lot of bad blood between those two teams last season and Monta and Granger were both big parts of it.

They're professionals, they'd all get over it. Plenty of teams acquire players that have had beef with their current players. If it makes their team better, they don't care. The players always make up.

Derka
12-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I have to think Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass are on the block if a suitable big man can be gotten for the Celtics.