PDA

View Full Version : Lakers wont make the playoffs with Mike D'Antoni as a coach.

Mr. Jabbar
12-13-2012, 09:52 PM
You can bookmark this thread.

What a horrible, horrible coach hiring.

TheeBeast
12-13-2012, 09:53 PM
They will

Heilige
12-13-2012, 09:54 PM

Didn't you see Kobe's interview with SAS? Kobe feels confident they can succeed.

maybeshewill13
12-13-2012, 09:54 PM
:roll: This season rules :applause:

konex
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I think MDA is an assclown but the talent on this team is awful after the top 4...

Mr. Incredible
12-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Poor Kobe.

Mr. Jabbar
12-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I think MDA is an assclown but the talent on this team is awful after the top 4...

Seriously though, some coaches make average players look good and scrubs look avergae. Dantoni makes average look bad, and scrub look d-league. Not even with Brown we suffered these humiliations, Dantoni makes Brown look like Phil Jackson ...

DMV2
12-13-2012, 10:17 PM
D'Antoni should be banned from ever coaching in the NBA.

Cavs: 54 at halftime
Jazz: 60 at halftime
Thunder: 67 at halftime

Tonight, Knicks got 70 at halftime.

This is pathetic on so many levels.

asdf1990
12-13-2012, 10:19 PM
D'Antoni should be banned from ever coaching in the NBA.

Cavs: 54 at halftime
Jazz: 60 at halftime
Thunder: 67 at halftime

Tonight, Knicks got 70 at halftime.

This is pathetic on so many levels.

You're starting to piss him off he practiced defense for 30 minutes

The-Legend-24
12-13-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't know how the knicks got 70 at halftime, the Lakers practiced defense for 30 minutes.. :roll: :facepalm

brandonislegend
12-13-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't know how the knicks got 70 at halftime, the Lakers practiced defense for 30 minutes.. :roll: :facepalm

Where did he say this? is there a video? I would like to see him say that dumb shit :roll:

ihoopallday
12-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't think anyone thought the Lakers would struggle this bad. I'm kinda starting to feel bad for y'all.

The-Legend-24
12-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Where did he say this? is there a video? I would like to see him say that dumb shit :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wNLLynHuW4

We worked for half an hour on it... :oldlol:

swi7ch
12-13-2012, 10:26 PM
They should bring back Mike Brown as defensive coordinator. Let MDA handle the offense.

Fudge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3faRkTf1qes

0:48 mark.

:oldlol:

rhythmic
They won't make the playoffs if they're missing 2 of their stars for the entire season as a very top heavy team.

Duhon, Morris, Ebanks, MWP, Hill and Jamison just won't cut it.

2010splash
12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Time for D'Antoni to go. The Lakers blow. Their pure talent (when 100% healthy) cannot be matched by any team besides the Heat, but man do they suck on the court.

And Nash/Gasol will help offensively, but not defensively.

Dictator
12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Fck Dantoni.

knickswin
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't think anyone thought the Lakers would struggle this bad. I'm kinda starting to feel bad for y'all.

I have some sympathy because Knicks were kind of the same thing last year and it was AWFUL

DMV2
12-13-2012, 10:29 PM
They won't make the playoffs if they're missing 2 of their stars for the entire season as a very top heavy team.

Those guys aren't even the main problem. Defense is the problem! And Nash won't even be a factor in that department. :oldlol:

Noof
12-13-2012, 10:34 PM
#FreeBernie

The-Legend-24
12-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Even when Mike Brown was coach we weren't getting blown out every game.

TheBigVeto
12-13-2012, 10:57 PM

:roll:

Come on, if Kobe is so great then they will make the playoffs regardless of coach.

This is not on the coach. This is on Kobe.

Troutfisch
12-13-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3faRkTf1qes

0:48 mark.

:oldlol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Equation/gregg-popovich-approved.gif

KOBE143
12-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Fire him!! He's worse than Mike Brown..

gilalizard
12-13-2012, 11:24 PM
30 minutes?

I take shits longer than that.

longtime lurker
12-13-2012, 11:26 PM
I'll tell you this much if Mike Brown can make the playoffs Mike D'Antoni can make the playoffs. Grated they'll be a 8th seed but hey baby steps

Collie
12-13-2012, 11:37 PM
To be honest, I don't think they'd do much better with any other coach. It's not just MDA, look at the team. After Kobe , Dwight and maybe Metta, the rest are either scrubs or way past their prime.

Sharmer
12-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Fair to say that under Mike Brown their record would be better, at least they were playing defense.

TheBigVeto
12-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Fair to say that under Mike Brown their record would be better, at least they were playing defense.

And yet he got the death stare...

It's all Kobe's fault. If he didn't do the death stare, the Lakers would still be playing defense.

DatAsh
12-14-2012, 02:51 AM

Metta and Jamison are better than anyone the Heat had outside of the big 3 their first year together, and they still made the finals; also, remember that they started out 9-8. I still think we need to give this team more time before making final judgement. I'd be very, very surprised if this team didn't make the playoffs.

They're not all healthy right now, but when they are, with Kobe, Howard, Gasol, Nash, Metta, Meeks, Jamison, and Hill, they're arguably the most talented team not only in the league, but in recent history. Unfortunately, winning basketball isn't always about talent. It's more about maximizing that talent, building chemistry, and working as a team. This team still needs more time to gel.

stephanieg
12-14-2012, 02:59 AM
The Onion nailed it early. (http://www.theonion.com/articles/cool-new-lakers-coach-doesnt-make-team-play-defens,30433/)

ihoopallday
12-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Metta and Jamison are better than anyone the Heat had outside of the big 3 their first year together, and they still made the finals; also, remember that they started out 9-8. I still think we need to give this team more time before making final judgement. I'd be very, very surprised if this team didn't make the playoffs.

They're not all healthy right now, but when they are, with Kobe, Howard, Gasol, Nash, Metta, Meeks, Jamison, and Hill, they're arguably the most talented team not only in the league, but in recent history. Unfortunately, winning basketball isn't always about talent. It's more about maximizing that talent, building chemistry, and working as a team. This team still needs more time to gel.

The main difference in this situation is Miami's big three were all in their primes. Lakers isn't. Also, Wade was willing to take a back seat to LeBron. Do you think Kobe will do that once their team is 100%?

Whoah10115
12-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Artest sucks. He isn't better than any good player. He's genuinely ass. Don't let decent moments and decent games blind it. He's a shitty player, even when he does something good.

Whoah10115
12-14-2012, 03:49 AM
The Lakers will make the playoffs with D'Antoni.

thesage
12-14-2012, 04:14 AM
personally, i see a shift in the metagame to having more tankier champions. theres been a recent change of rushing spell vamp items for longer sustain. this leads to a better laning phase, especially before the first back. this leads to either a tier 3 item for first buy or even boots+2 dorans (for middle). even the new masteries are changing the game. ap carries are experimenting with 9-0-21 for all of the great bonuses that also contribute to an amazing early laning phase. with points into pickpocketing and starting gold, middle's can start with more than 3 pots, and even wards. even with the new introduction of the crystalline flask as a startable item, middles have been farming the shit out of early game. im not sure, does anyone think that this is a good shift for the game? or will it just make teamfights more epic? let me know guys!

The-Legend-24
12-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Kobe played another 45 minutes, wtf is D'Antoni thinking playing him so much? Does he not know that Kobe is 34?

And lol @ J.Hill only playing 3 minutes. C'mon man. :oldlol:

Doranku
12-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Kobe played another 45 minutes, wtf is D'Antoni thinking playing him so much? Does he not know that Kobe is 34?

What other options does he have? A tired, worn down Kobe in the playoffs is better than no playoffs at all which is where the Lakers are headed now. Imagine if Kobe was only playing 35 minutes a game. They'd be losing every night by 40.

The-Legend-24
12-14-2012, 05:55 AM
What other options does he have? A tired, worn down Kobe in the playoffs is better than no playoffs at all which is where the Lakers are headed now. Imagine if Kobe was only playing 35 minutes a game. They'd be losing every night by 40.
I guess you're right, but still.. :oldlol:

DMV2
12-14-2012, 07:41 AM

That's D'Antoni rotation for ya. He's willing to run every starter down to the ground in the regular season just to score 110 points per game. :oldlol:

There's an option of playing defense so you wouldn't need Kobe's scoring so much to keep up.

I've seen the shitty Jazz 10th-12th men bench outperform their starters numerous times last year and the years before. They just knew how to play collectively as a unit.

That's what the Lakers need to do. But knowing how D'Antoni works, there's absolutely no chance of anybody beyond the 8th man ever getting more than 10+ mins in a game.

strifed169
12-14-2012, 08:13 AM
its pretty hilarious to watch the scape goat shift from person to person

if any fanbase deserved such misery, its this team

Clutch
12-14-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't know why some people think Steve Nash will turn things around.
Their main problem is defense and he's not really a defensive juggernaut.

And D'Antoni's system will never work with this team. He wants his 38 years old point guard,34 years old shooting guard,33 years old small forward,32 years old power forward who can't shoot threes and his 6'11 center who can't even shoot free throws to run up and down the court for 40 minutes and launch a huge amount of threes while playing no defense at all.
Sounds like a good plan :oldlol:

longtime lurker
12-14-2012, 08:56 AM

I don't know actually coach defense or rest his starters when the game is out of hand.

White Mamba
12-14-2012, 09:02 AM

no reason to Kobe to be on the court down by 26 points, its stupid let him rest especially on a B2B. now he is risking the Wizards game too.

IamRAMBO24
12-14-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't know why you guys are blaming the coach when Kobe DICTATES the offense. Even with Brown, Kobe was the facilitator.

Screw me once (Brown), shame on you.

Screw me twice (D'antonio), shame on me.

Team leader's responsibility: chemistry, mentor, getting teammates inolved in the offense, vision, purpose, drive, etc.

I would say Kobe's role on the Lakers is more important than the coach since he holds so much weight.

If you don't like the direction of the team, don't blame the coach, blame Kobe. He controls the organization.

swi7ch
12-14-2012, 09:24 AM
I have them somewhere around the 4th to 6th seed and going out in the 2nd round.

HorryIsMyMVP
12-14-2012, 09:35 AM
no reason to Kobe to be on the court down by 26 points, its stupid let him rest especially on a B2B. now he is risking the Wizards game too.
they cut it to 6 at one point with 2 minutes left and the Knicks got 3 offensive rebounds in a row. Jason Kidd had more rebounds then Dwight Howard:confusedshrug: .

All Net
12-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Without Nash and Pau yeah I agree. This team has zero depth.

poido123
12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Yes they will.

Nashty
12-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes, they will. They just have to wait for Nash to come back, and let him run the show, he will instantly make them best offensive team in the league, and their defense isn't anything worse then it was on those 60+ wins Suns teams.

senelcoolidge
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM
The lakers wanted a big name..so they went after D'Antoni when they couldn't get P. Jackson. You could see a mile away that this was not going to be a good fit. The lakers are an old team..D'Antoni runs a fast paced run and gun style offense. They would have done much better going after a lesser known coach that would fit their roster..no they have to go after a big name. So this is what they get. They deserve this.

GreatHILL
12-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, they will. They just have to wait for Nash to come back, and let him run the show, he will instantly make them best offensive team in the league, and their defense isn't anything worse then it was on those 60+ wins Suns teams.

do you realize that nash is fuccin 40 years old and injured?

BlueandGold
12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
At this point it's not really even about the offensive system. Many of Mike's players including Kobe, dwight and nash have all said that Mike is trying to learn a different way to coach this group and that d'antoni himself said that "this would be a learning process" for him. What worries me now is that d'antoni might not be able to coach any type of system other than his 7 secs or less just because he doesn't know how.

stephen A has a nice little story about how a certain suns player raised his hand and asked how the 2006 suns was going to guard the spurs pick'n'roll and d'antoni literally said "i don't know but we can figure itout in game".. pretty much saying he was going to wing his defensive adjustments in game.. i mean what kind of coach does things like that?

Himan12
12-14-2012, 04:52 PM
I thought defense/depth/system were their problems so why are some people's hopes being placed on nash? Sure the offense will be more efficient and flow better but that still doesnt solve their bench/depth problems, someone's free throw shooting, the type of system they are playing in, and most importantly the ineptitude of their coach.

I'm not so sure if they will miss the playoffs but I do agree with the OP about their coach being awful.

Nashty
12-15-2012, 08:31 AM
do you realize that nash is fuccin 40 years old and injured?

Last season he was 38 and that didn't bother him to average 13 points, 11 assists on 53% shooting, and lead that weak Suns team to 33-33 record, and 8th best offensive team. The only thing I fear is that all these years he remained healthy because of Suns medical staff, and that Lakers medical staff can't keep him healthy.

Sharmer
12-15-2012, 08:33 AM
With Nash back and healthy, they will make the playoffs.

JBrizzy
12-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I would be shocked if that team can't get their stuff together in time for the playoffs. They'll be okay after they get a winning streak up. They were overconfident. They thought they were gonna be the best, but then they back it up.

I will gladly eat my hat if they don't.

Eat Like A Bosh
12-15-2012, 03:10 PM
As mediocore as they are right now, I bet the Lakers do make the playoffs though. They are way too talented to be this bad. Wait till Pau and Nash come back. Better get all your jokes in and make fun of em now, because you won't get to later on.

IGotACoolStory
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I bet the Lakers win a round. Maybe even two, depending on the matchup.

Still will be an underachieving season.

Mr. Jabbar
01-12-2013, 03:30 PM
called it early december :applause:

d.bball.guy
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
This Laker team would easily make it to the playoffs if Pringles knows what he is doing. I knew it was a risky move picking Pringles to coach this team because we all know he will misuse players, just like Potato Head.

15yearmagicfan
01-12-2013, 09:55 PM
You were dead on right... they are really bad!

They need to change it up and go inside-out with Dwight to have any chance. This 'attempt' to run and gun with a 40 year old kobe and 48 year old steve nash just aint gonna happen or it would have happened already. Kobe is just wasting the year by killing himself to put up 30+ a night to attempt to get a sub .500 team Doesn't he already know how that story will end?

Cali Syndicate
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
winning 45 games might even be a stretch. :hammerhead:

MetsPackers
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
OP is a ******

That is a completely unbiased opinion

OP is a flaming homo; no bias here

Mr. Jabbar
01-13-2013, 03:28 AM
OP is a ******

That is a completely unbiased opinion

OP is a flaming homo; no bias here

Im just a good judge of character. For example: you're a moron. I didn't need to look at the whole D'Antoni curriculum to see the guy completely lacks any character, incompatible with coaching the Lakers franchise and Kobe Bryant himself. That goes beyond his limited basketball-related skills. This team needs a coach they can respect more than anything, someone who can grab the team by the balls, even a shitty coach whos players believe in him will play some kind of organized ball.

Do you people believe a team with a clown coach, a clown center on a contract year, the softest pf in the game, borderline liability headcase sf, a 40 year old soft pg and a bunch grade "A" proven losers SCRUBS was gonna cut it? They're all lost, they don't know where to search for answers, they look at the coach, they look at kobe, but no one looks at themselves, they lack substance more than anything. Run some friken psychological tests before hiring players and coaches, sports are half mental ffs sake.

White Mamba
01-13-2013, 11:01 AM

:applause:

Mr. Jabbar
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
<----- First Laker fan to call it early december :banana:

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Jabbar the prophet :bowdown:

I honestly can't understand how Bickerstaff had this team playing the best stretch of basketball this season while 2 former coach of the years can't figure it out.