PDA

View Full Version : Batman/Kyrie Irving needs a Robin BAD

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:41 PM
I really want to see him stick around in Cleveland. I know it's going to be tough to lure anything special to Cleveland, but I'd really like to see him succeed. The dude works hard and performs each night for a bad team.

http://i47.tinypic.com/v8otxc.png

(Edit: Since so many of you have your panties in a bunch, there is potential that the Robin is already on the team in Tristan Thompson or Dion Waiters. He's also very young. I mainly made this thread because RIGHT NOW nobody is at a Robin level and that mask makes him look like Batman...)

RedBlackAttack
12-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Are we just going to dismiss the fact that four of the team's best six players are in either their first or second seasons? His Robin may already be on the roster.

Sarcastic
12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200501/05/images/LeBron-Jamesp.jpg

Al Thornton
12-15-2012, 10:46 PM
op needs to stop making terrible threads across his various accounts BAD

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:52 PM
op needs to stop making terrible threads across his various accounts BAD

:facepalm

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Are we just going to dismiss the fact that four of the team's best six players are in either their first or second seasons? His Robin may already be on the roster.

Dion Waiters is the only one that has a chance to be a "Robin" type.

Al Thornton
12-15-2012, 10:53 PM
:facepalm

pretty please?

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:56 PM
pretty please?

Where did that even come from?

RedBlackAttack
12-15-2012, 10:56 PM
And maybe he will be. We don't know, which is the point.

DStebb716
12-15-2012, 10:58 PM
And maybe he will be. We don't know, which is the point.

Just saying it should happen soon. He's too good to waste any years.

d.bball.guy
12-15-2012, 11:03 PM
http://widget.uproxx.com/b/52/http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kobe-bryant-black-mask.jpg

Kyrie for Steve Blake? Yes, please.

RedBlackAttack
12-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Just saying it should happen soon. He's too good to waste any years.
He's only in his second season. :oldlol: Guy is 20-years old. People are so damned impatient these days. There was a time when a franchise was given the opportunity and the time to build around a superstar talent.

Hell, OKC was terrible in Durant's second year.

As great as Kyrie is, he is still learning the game himself. This is a very young roster figuring out how to work together. Give it some time. It is THE youngest composite roster in the entire NBA.

DukeDelonte13
12-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Dion will be that robin. If Zeller/TT turn about to be decent NBA starters then the future bodes well.

HylianNightmare
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM

thompson could be, maybe i'm just hopeful....alonzo gee too

It's A VC3!!!
12-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Dwight Howard next year and LeBron in 2014. This Cavs team is decent but never healthy. They have a ton of young pieces but can't use Kyrie's young dominant years being a lottery team. It would be better to have a taste of the playoffs sooner rather than later.

NattyPButter
12-16-2012, 12:26 AM
thompson could be, maybe i'm just hopeful....alonzo gee too
I don't know about Gee...I think he shoots the team out of games. Today he made a crap ton of mistakes.

inclinerator
12-16-2012, 12:35 AM
anderson varejao

Dictator
12-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Irving, Lebron, and Dwight.

sixer6ad
12-16-2012, 05:50 AM
He's only in his second season. :oldlol: Guy is 20-years old. People are so damned impatient these days. There was a time when a franchise was given the opportunity and the time to build around a superstar talent.

Hell, OKC was terrible in Durant's second year.

As great as Kyrie is, he is still learning the game himself. This is a very young roster figuring out how to work together. Give it some time. It is THE youngest composite roster in the entire NBA.

RedBlack - I'm with you, but dude's got a point. My Lord, we better get after things with this young fella or it's going to be Decision #2. Just hoping we've learned our lesson. We tried to hope that Larry Hughes and Antawn Jamison and Wally Scerbiak and Mo Williams were the 2nd fiddle. As we now now, LBJ was looking at players like DWade and Chris Bosh. LBJ was not f-ing around. Will we make the same mistake twice and not get another superstar here? I think that's all the question is asking? And in terms of surrounding cast, we got CJ Miles and John Leurer this off-season. I'm scared, because Tristan Thompson is the #4 pick in the draft who can't shoot or dribble.

I'm with you, but that same question - Will he (Kyrie) stay? is going to start surfacing before too long with the lineups we keep putting on the floor.

bdreason
12-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Should have drafted Drummond.

chocolatethunder
12-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I really want to see him stick around in Cleveland. I know it's going to be tough to lure anything special to Cleveland, but I'd really like to see him succeed. The dude works hard and performs each night for a bad team.

http://i47.tinypic.com/v8otxc.png
If this dude were white you'd be calling his stats empty and saying that he's not a winner. But yeah, he works hard and performs every night for a bad team. 2

DStebb716
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
If this dude were white you'd be calling his stats empty and saying that he's not a winner. But yeah, he works hard and performs every night for a bad team. 2

It's different when you're playing at such a high level in year two. The only guys that are white that get mentioned as having empty stats are David Lee and Kevin Love. Both have been in the league for a while and have won nothing. Maybe if Kyrie keeps playing like this in a couple years and they suck then he;ll be talked about as having empty stats.

Meticode
12-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Should have drafted Drummond.
No thanks.

Meticode
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Of course Irving needs help though, who doesn't? But it's his second season in the NBA. Waiters has shown a little promise, we have to see how he develops.

LikeABosh
12-16-2012, 02:00 PM
What happened to Dion "Next D Wade" Waiters?

DStebb716
12-16-2012, 02:00 PM

He has played very well. He has just been injured. I still think he turns out to at least be a very good scorer.

Meticode
12-16-2012, 02:03 PM
He's he had ankle sprain or something the last 5-6 games. He's turned out decent. Inconsistent, but expected as a rookie. The talent is there, it's just if he's going to put the work in or not to improve. He's great at getting to the basket and finishing, he's shown flashes of being able to shoot the lights out of the arena. Just has to put the work in.

TheBigVeto
12-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Well maybe if Lebron comes back he can be one...

But seriously, Varejao can be one. I mean he killed Dwight Howard.

Patrick Chewing
12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Kyrie's gonna take his talents elsewhere one day

Whoah10115
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Kyrie's gonna take his talents elsewhere one day

Maybe...but what are you basing this on?

chocolatethunder
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
It's different when you're playing at such a high level in year two. The only guys that are white that get mentioned as having empty stats are David Lee and Kevin Love. Both have been in the league for a while and have won nothing. Maybe if Kyrie keeps playing like this in a couple years and they suck then he;ll be talked about as having empty stats.
No it's not different. It's different if you're not black. When you're black "the front office isn't giving him any help" and all this bs. When you're white it's "he has empty stats". It's total bullshit. Kevin Love had three good seasons, that's it. He was decent his first two years and then developed into a stud. Please someone here tell me how Minnesota is a great team and Love has somehow failed to win w a good team. I don't even like Love or Minnesota but damn this is ridiculous.

Segatti
12-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Lebron will be back in Cleveland soon. Then:

http://i55.tinypic.com/20zzo5g.jpg

TheAesirsFinest
12-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Lebron will be back in Cleveland soon. Then:

That is an incredibly well-made gif. Damn.

chazzy
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
That is an incredibly well-made gif. Damn.
Phong :bowdown: RIP

DStebb716
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
No it's not different. It's different if you're not black. When you're black "the front office isn't giving him any help" and all this bs. When you're white it's "he has empty stats". It's total bullshit. Kevin Love had three good seasons, that's it. He was decent his first two years and then developed into a stud. Please someone here tell me how Minnesota is a great team and Love has somehow failed to win w a good team. I don't even like Love or Minnesota but damn this is ridiculous.

Give me one black player in recent years that people said he needed more players instead of saying his stats are empty.

RedBlackAttack
12-17-2012, 01:41 AM
RedBlack - I'm with you, but dude's got a point. My Lord, we better get after things with this young fella or it's going to be Decision #2. Just hoping we've learned our lesson. We tried to hope that Larry Hughes and Antawn Jamison and Wally Scerbiak and Mo Williams were the 2nd fiddle. As we now now, LBJ was looking at players like DWade and Chris Bosh. LBJ was not f-ing around. Will we make the same mistake twice and not get another superstar here? I think that's all the question is asking? And in terms of surrounding cast, we got CJ Miles and John Leurer this off-season. I'm scared, because Tristan Thompson is the #4 pick in the draft who can't shoot or dribble.

I'm with you, but that same question - Will he (Kyrie) stay? is going to start surfacing before too long with the lineups we keep putting on the floor.

You can't run scared of things like this as an organization. That is, in large part, what led to the teams during the James' years being very good, but not quite championship caliber. Instead of a conventional build, those seven years with James were fear-laden rush jobs... and it showed.

When you are afraid of a star player leaving, you do things like overpay for marginal talent (Hughes, Marshall, Jones, Williams), destroy your cap space and trade away draft picks for short-term fixes (Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Shaq, Jamison, etc). And, all of those moves whose sole reason was to "contend now" out of fear that a guy is going to leave... And he ended up leaving anyway.

You simply cannot allow a kid to dictate how your team is built. There is no rushing this thing. We are only a couple years out from a total tear down and rebuild. This thing takes time if you are going to do it right. If Kyrie doesn't understand that (I have no reason to think he doesn't understand it, btw), then he wasn't the right guy for the situation.

Yes, he's a very good player already. He needs to understand that this team is very young... the youngest in the entire NBA... And not every player can acclimate to the NBA as quickly as he did. As for Tristan, he is playing as well or better than the other options that people were talking about with that pick (Kanter, Valanciunas, etc). Hindsight is 20/20, as always.

I think the rebuild has actually gone very well thus far. No one expected this team to compete for the playoffs this year. There is no reason to start freaking out.

d.bball.guy
12-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Phong :bowdown: RIP
:cry: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GOAT LeBron hater