PDA

View Full Version : Lets try and get one thing straight about Kobe...

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
...he is as good as he has EVER been.... sure he cant do athletic things like when he was 18, but his skillset, IQ and work ethic allows his age to not bottleneck him. He is not 40-50 for gods sake, he is 34... he is still athletic enough to use his all his tools as productively & efficiently as he ever could.... infact, he is playing more efficient than ever so far, certainly shooting wise... thats more of an improvement rather than decrease...

Am i wrong?

tmacattack33
12-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Eh, he's been great but not better than his prime.

He's not nearly as good as he once was on defense.

And offensively, he's turning the ball over more than ever. And from what I've seen, a lot of them are him trying to drive and then getting stripped. In the past he had the speed to blow by people to the rim.

His distance shooting is better than ever. And surprisingly, his layups and conversions on drives (floaters, running hook shots, etc) have been better than ever too.

I'd say he's playing very well, not quite as good as his prime though when he was a great defender.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Mentally, Kobe is at the peak of his abilities. Dude has mastered the game as far as skillsets go. I'm not sure that makes up for more (lost) athleticism, though.

He simply brought more impact to his teams by being able to play on both ends, consistently, at a HIGH level.

red1
12-16-2012, 11:11 PM
offensively sure but he obviously doesn't put in as much effort on d

Just2McFly
12-16-2012, 11:12 PM
The way he is playing this year is amazing, no doubt about that at all. He's beating guys who were toddlers when he was drafted off the dribble like it's nothing. His body is breaking down, he's not god, but this is shaping up to be a crazy offensive season for him and his defense is getting better.

TheMarkMadsen
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
He makes playing at 34 look like its easy.

the longevity is crazy and it really makes you wonder how long he can sustain this level of play.

when you're in your 17th season in the league, have 5 titles & 2mvp's and NOW you're playing some of the best ball of your career :bowdown:

people will really begin to appreciate the longevity when when see the stars of today begin to break down around 30.

hopefully Lebron is paying attention and will continue to work on his game so that he can still be extremely effective when he's in his mid 30's.

:applause: @ a Lebron fan giving Kobe some respect

i think 20 + years from now people will look back and be amazed at how we had 2 true legends such as Kobe & Lebron playing in this era

IGotACoolStory
He's aged like MJ.

I don't see how that's surprising considering they are built similarly and he modeled his game after His Airness.

Heavincent
He was clearly better from 01 to 08. More athletic ability and was a better defender.

What he's doing right now is obviously impressive though.

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Not nearly as good as he once was on defense.

And offensively, he's turning the ball over more than ever. And from what I've seen, a lot of them are him trying to drive and then getting stripped. In the past he had the speed to blow by people to the rim.

His distance shooting is better than ever. And surprisingly, his layups and conversions on drives (floaters, running hook shots, etc) have been better than ever too.

I'd say he's playing very well, not quite as good as his prime though when he was a great defender.

Ah yea, defense... i agree somewhat, i mean compared to last 2-3 seasons its really not much different to be honest, thats just my opinion.... in spurts he can still do his lock down defense today... but being somewhat worse defensively (all due to athleticism) didnt stop him from being overall/allround better, which is what i am talking about... his defense i think was best 00-04 somewhere, after that it was kindof up and down, but like i said it didnt stop him from being overall/allround at his best....

He may have been a better defender for example in 2001, but was that Kobe an overall/allround better player than today? I personally dont think so...

From an individual player & production standpoint Kobe was at his best around 2006 (07? 08?) would we agree? Thats the Kobe i am comparing todays Kobe to, defensively its not that hell of a difference and offensively he is still doing that exact same job, only less shots... but more accuracy... at a league leading ~30 PPG...

Rubio2Gasol
12-16-2012, 11:24 PM
...he is as good as he has EVER been.... sure he cant do athletic things like when he was 18, but his skillset, IQ and work ethic allows his age to not bottleneck him. He is not 40-50 for gods sake, he is 34... he is still athletic enough to use his all his tools as productively & efficiently as he ever could.... infact, he is playing more efficient than ever so far, certainly shooting wise... thats more of an improvement rather than decrease...

Am i wrong?

He is not even close to what he was in 01-10

Within that there are fluctuations and nuances. He was a different player in 01 (much more fun to watch) than he was in his prime.

But he was around the same level throughout when healthy.

Remix
12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Ah yea, defense... i agree somewhat, i mean compared to last 2-3 seasons its really not much different to be honest, thats just my opinion.... in spurts he can still do his lock down defense today... but being somewhat worse defensively (all due to athleticism) didnt stop him from being overall/allround better, which is what i am talking about... his defense i think was best 00-04 somewhere, after that it was kindof up and down, but like i said it didnt stop him from being overall/allround at his best....

He may have been a better defender for example in 2001, but was that Kobe an overall/allround better player than today? I personally dont think so...

From an individual player & production standpoint Kobe was at his best around 2006 (07? 08?) would we agree? Thats the Kobe i am comparing todays Kobe to, defensively its not that hell of a difference and offensively he is still doing that exact same job, only less shots... but more accuracy... at a league leading ~30 PPG...
I agree with this. The problem is that his supporting cast was trash, so he was forced to chuck a lot, which makes it hard to compare eras. Until, 05, with Shaq, Kobe got more open looks because he didn't receive as much attention from the defense. Would have been nice from 05-07 to see how good he could of played had he not got the ball on every possession. His distribution and defense would have been better if he had a legit #2.

Heavincent
12-16-2012, 11:27 PM
If Kobe was really playing the best ball of his career, he would be the best player in the league.

He's still top 3, but he's not the clear cut best like he was at his absolute peak (06-08).

Indian guy
12-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I would say he's currently at his most athletic since the 2008 season, when he was only 29. I don't know what happened, but it's ridiculous how well he's suddenly moving.

red1
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
I would say he's currently at his most athletic since the 2008 season, when he was only 29. I don't know what happened, but it's ridiculous how well he's suddenly moving.
human growth herbs

red1
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
If Kobe was really playing the best ball of his career, he would be the best player in the league.

He's still top 3, but he's not the clear cut best like he was at his absolute peak (06-08).
GET EM PAUK

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:31 PM
My point is that for a guy with that work ethic, will & skillset age is just a number, for now at least.... he is still young enough to use all he has at his best... i dont think we will see a LEGIT decline in a couple of years... and Kobe keeps proving it...

I am no huge fan of Kobe, but even i can see it... he is to me as good as he has ever been... so yea shoot me :P

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM

It's tough though. I agree w/ Pauk in the sense that he's playing smarter than ever. Yeah, he might not be as athletic or as good on defense, but on offense? Putting the ball in the hoop? Guy is killing it. Murking dudes damn near half his age.

It'd be interesting to see what Kobe would have done w/ a solid team around him around his peak (2006-2008; '08 if Bynum were healthy or playing anywhere like he did last season).

Having said all that, we really gotta chill and see if he can sustain this consistency. We're not even 30 games into this season. :oldlol:

TheAesirsFinest
12-16-2012, 11:34 PM
:applause: @ a Lebron fan giving Kobe some respect

Now, I may be paranoid, but I feel as if this is another instance of pauk's back-handed compliments :oldlol:

"Kobe's currently as good as he's ever been" -> "this year is equivalent to peak Kobe" -> "Kobe's peak wasn't that impressive"

Mentally, Kobe is at the peak of his abilities. Dude has mastered the game as far as skillsets go. I'm not sure that makes up for more (lost) athleticism, though.

He simply brought more impact to his teams by being able to play on both ends, consistently, at a HIGH level.

Agreed, especially with the bolded part. The array of offensive moves combined with the footwork and fundamentals he uses to score is mind-boggling.

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:34 PM

He's still top 3, but he's not the clear cut best like he was at his absolute peak (06-08) .

This is how team accomplishments/success is overrated and incredibly stupid when used as #1 priority to measure a players individual talent/skill.... i hope you can see it one day...

Kobe is doing his thing, as well as almost anything he could do before.... the rest is completely out of his hands (supporting cast), it is a team game remember?

KOBE143
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
So in that case Kobe >>>> LeBron.. Am I right?

Heavincent
12-16-2012, 11:38 PM
My point is that for a guy with that work ethic, will & skillset age is just a number, for now at least.... he is still young enough to use all he has at his best... i dont think we will see a LEGIT decline in a couple of years... and Kobe keeps proving it...

I am no huge fan of Kobe, but even i can see it... he is to me as good as he has ever been... so yea shoot me :P

Sure, but he had that skillset from 01-08 when he had ridiculous athletic ability. Sure, he's added moves to his arsenal, but he was always among the most skilled and fundamentally sound players in the league.

Heavincent
12-16-2012, 11:41 PM
This is how team accomplishments/success is overrated and incredibly stupid when used as #1 priority to measure a players individual talent/skill.... i hope you can see it one day...

Kobe is doing his thing, as well as almost anything he could do before.... the rest is completely out of his hands (supporting cast), it is a team game remember?

You're missing the point. I didn't say anything about rings or winning (see above post).

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:42 PM
So in that case Kobe >>>> LeBron.. Am I right?

Nah, Lebron is overall better than he (Lebron) ever was.... and has just completed to prove it where he couldnt before...

But Kobe sure is still that guy, if it wasnt for Durant he would still be top 2 for me...

The-Legend-24
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
As other people have mentioned he's not the same defensively, can't blow by people like he used too, and he can't take over a game like he used too. But, what he's doing now after 17 years is crazy.

Jacks3
12-16-2012, 11:44 PM
03 Kobe would be widely regarded as arguably the best in the game if he played today.

Current Kobe is merely top 5.

Not even close. He's a below-average defender at this point and his ball-handling/pay-making has also seen a sharp decline. Can't really penetrate and dish the way he once could.

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
You're missing the point. I didn't say anything about rings or winning (see above post).

Lets face it, the only significant difference between this Kobe and that Kobe (2008 for example).... is team success aka. better/more complementary/more chemistry etc. supporting cast.... do you really think if this Kobe today went back in time to 2008 and replaced that 2008 Kobe and would not be able to do what he did in 2008 with THAT supporting? Do you really think 2008 Kobe would today make his team NOT be in this hole they are in? How come? Would that 2008 Kobe average something better than 30-5-5 @ career high percentages.... like a 40 point triple double and all-time best defense, hence boosting the success of this team today? No my friend, Kobe is still... Kobe... the most significant difference being supporting cast...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Ahhh, so there was an agenda. Good catch, AesirsFinest. :oldlol:

pauk
12-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Ahhh, so there was an agenda. Good catch, AesirsFinest. :oldlol:

I always do have an agenda to some people being a "Lebron stan"... :rolleyes: i guess its like kindof mindboggling to some people to see somebody actually be just an honest, logical, reasonable true basketball fan that appreciates great basketball from all players & teams.... making it hard to believe someone could appreciate both Kobe AND Lebron in this day and age for example....

Which is kindof sad... if more people actually had this "agenda" this would be a much better place to with pleasure discuss basketball & share basketball knowledge...

You go ahead and choose sides... Kobe or Lebron... ill stick to both, double the fun... you have no idea what you are missing out on...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-17-2012, 12:01 AM
I always do have an agenda to some people... :rolleyes: i guess its like kindof mindboggling to some people to see somebody actually be just an honest, logical, reasonable true basketball fan that appreciates great basketball from all players & teams.... making it hard to believe someone could appreciate both Kobe AND Lebron in this day and age for example....

Which is kindof sad... if more people actually had this "agenda" this would be a much better place to with pleasure discuss basketball & share basketball knowledge...

Lets face it, the only significant difference between this Kobe and that Kobe (2008 for example).... is team success aka. better/more complementary/more chemistry etc.

That doesn't sound logical. It sounds lazy and disingenuous. People have already pointed out to you that Kobe is less athletic, isn't as explosive, doesn't defend as well and turns the ball over at a higher rate. So no, "team success" isn't the only difference .... unless you have an agenda.

Rubio2Gasol
12-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Kobe in 01 did what you outlined tho lol.

NattyPButter
12-17-2012, 12:07 AM
what pisses me off is the media keep talking to him about retiring. Why should he retire if he's still one of the best in the league and can put up 20+ a game? Let him beat all those records that's set because they won't hold with this generation of talent. Lebron, Durant, and maybe even Melo will get 30000 before their careers are over.

Miller for 3
12-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Obvious agenda is obvious. Too bad your plan backfired Pauk. Kobe at 34 > current peak Lebron.

Better get all 8 of your accounts in here to do some damage control. I haven't seen you use DumaSix or RRR3 much lately, are you tired of pretending to be them?

Yao Ming's Foot
12-17-2012, 12:20 AM
This is what happens when your entire knowledge of basketball is the vague moniker of "production" aka win shares and PER.

No, at age 34 Kobe Bryant is not better than he ever was simply because his winshares per 48 is higher than ever. :facepalm

pauk
12-17-2012, 12:22 AM
That doesn't sound logical. It sounds lazy and disingenuous. People have already pointed out to you that Kobe is less athletic, isn't as explosive, doesn't defend as well and turns the ball over at a higher rate. So no, "team success" isn't the only difference .... unless you have an agenda.

...those were opinions and i have pointed out my version of opinions that are just as much logical, same opinions which were pointed out/supported by other posters in this thread aswell.... which i guess you didnt read or comprehend... or did you miss everything?

Again... look... i fully understand that Kobe is worse defensively compared to when his defense was at his best, but i personally dont think there is any difference to Kobes defense compared to last year or the year before that..... i think he is overall/allround actually better than last 2 years, at least factually HE IS.... and compared to like lets say Kobes defense in 2006 i dont see any SIGNIFICANT difference either, it was a better... but not really that significant as some of you here try to intend..... and athletically he is in my opinion the most athletic ive seen him since 2008-09 (Indian Guy thinks so to), he went afterall thru many/more nagging injuries during that time... he looks to me more fluid, moves better, more healthy... and he sure plays like it...

PS: What would any type of agenda here be anyways? What would be the intention that would favore ME? Can you explain? Do you know how silly that sounds? The only "agenda" what i am saying & meaning in this thread makes me only look like more closer to a Kobe stan than anything else... which also in reality is wrong, i am just being an honest simple basketball fan basing my opinion on a huge NBA/basketball addiction and views of all basketball games ive seen from Kobe since 1996.......... stop with that nonsense... and stick to the topic...

pauk
12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
This is what happens when your entire knowledge of basketball is the vague moniker of "production" aka win shares and PER.

No, at age 34 Kobe Bryant is not better than he ever was simply because his winshares per 48 is higher than ever. :facepalm

Where did i say that Kobe is better than he ever was?
Where did i base this specific knowledge & assessment on win shares and PER?
Where did i say that Kobe is better than he ever was simply because of winshares per 48?

and most importantly, where did you lose your mind?

elementally morale
12-17-2012, 12:27 AM
As an individual offensive player he is not even close to 2006-08 Kobe. As a defensive player he is nowhere near 2001-2004 Kobe. As a team player he is better.

Impact wise? He may just be as good as he ever was. As a pure individual player? As good as he is, he is just a shelll of his former self.

pauk
12-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Obvious agenda is obvious. Too bad your plan backfired Pauk. Kobe at 34 > current peak Lebron.

Better get all 8 of your accounts in here to do some damage control. I haven't seen you use DumaSix or RRR3 much lately, are you tired of pretending to be them?

Please stop derailing my threads with your ignorance and YOUR AGENDA:
Lebrick sucks, he is the most overrated player ever, he is a pansy

You are a horrible poster, you bring nothing to this forum, every single post of yours consist of bashing Lebron or bashing someone who doesnt hate Lebron based on YOUR agenda (Kobetardism)... cant believe i dont have you on my ignore list... well, you finally deserved it...

Shame, considering you are just the only other guy besides me having Reggie Miller as your favorite player on ISH... thought a fan with such an acquired taste wouldnt be such an immature douchebag...

Negged & Good riddance..

Yao Ming's Foot
12-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Where did i say that Kobe is better than he ever was?
Where did i base this specific knowledge & assessment on win shares and PER?
Where did i say that Kobe is better than he ever was simply because of winshares per 48?

and most importantly, where did you lose your mind?

If its not measured in a box score it goes over your head. Efficiency and production doesn't translate to winning championships. Compare Heat Lebron and Cavs Lebron's efficiency and production. :confusedshrug:

pauk
12-17-2012, 12:41 AM
As an individual offensive player he is not even close to 2006-08 Kobe. As a defensive player he is nowhere near 2001-2004 Kobe. As a team player he is better.

Impact wise? He may just be as good as he ever was. As a pure individual player? As good as he is, he is just a shelll of his former self.

Please, i beg you... help me see why... because after watching almost every game of Kobe i have a difficult time to see this assumed huge "not even close" difference you see compared to Kobe in 2006-2008... except for the supporting cast and the result THAT brought.... i must have missed something?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-17-2012, 12:41 AM
...those were opinions and i have pointed out my version of opinions that are just as much logical, same opinions which were pointed out/supported by other posters in this thread aswell.... which i guess you didnt read or comprehend... or did you miss everything?

But you just said there was no difference in Kobe's game circa 2006-08 and this years version. That is wrong.

2006 and 2008 Kobe played elite defense ... or close to. 2007 is the season you're thinking of. He was shoddy that year (pretty much the same as he is now).

Again... look... i fully understand that Kobe is worse defensively compared to when his defense was at his best, but i personally dont think there is any difference to Kobes defense compared to last year or the year before that..... i think he is overall/allround actually better than last 2 years

2 years ago wasn't Kobe's peak.

Again, there was a major difference in his defense. Just look at the number of blocks, steals he had. Not close.

athletically he is in my opinion the most athletic ive seen him since 2008-09 (Indian Guy thinks so to)

But nowhere near as athletic as he was in 2006...or 2001-2003 for that matter.

What would any type of agenda here be anyways?

That Kobe is playing at his peak, which is "nowhere near Lebron" and about as good for a top 5 player in this league.

TBH, I'm not sure if you have an agenda or not. I don't really care. The way you express yourself makes it look as if it's a back-handed compliment.

elementally morale
12-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Please, i beg you... help me see why...

Watch some footage of 2006 Kobe. Take a closer look at the 50 ppg streak, the 62 in 3 qrts, etc. He was totally out of this world offensively for a few years. He is not capable of doing that any more. On a hot night, he may score 50. With insane amount of luck, even 60, maybe. Once a season. But not with relative ease like he used to.

In 2006 he gave you the impression he could go for 20-25 points any quarter. That's no longer the case.

Now as for the good of the team, this version may be more valuable. But he is not nearly as good as he once was. And on the defensive end... forget about it.

amfirst
12-17-2012, 01:50 AM
I think it has to do with the offense. The triangle he had to move slower.

Money 23
12-17-2012, 02:19 AM
It's not just that, either. But you're absolutely right. Kobe's skills obviously still make him a top five player in the game. He doesn't have NEAR the impact on defense he once did, nor the explosion, athleticism, etc but that's not the end of it or the most important difference.

Kobe no longer has that extra gear to just take over a game or GAMES anymore, and flat out will his team to victory the way the legends, and the way he used to do in his prime. Thus indicative of their record.

So in some cases even his impressive scoring numbers come up to a very hollow experience as a fan, or actual on court impact.

It is flat out disingenuous for pauk to act as if this current 34 year old Kobe is even remotely close to prime / peak Kobe: 2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008. The agenda is abundantly clear from this guy, at all times. There is no subtlety.

:oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
12-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Kobe would take over a game by himself and drop 20 in the 4th to seal the deal in his athletic prime. He had more impact on games. Now he balances more and achieves similar numbers but he cannot take over at a certain moment like he did in the past.

Lets not talk about D. Its not that hes a bad defender now, which he slightly is, but he doesnt try there to focus energy on the scoring playmaking. Needs to chose how he uses energy now.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-17-2012, 03:09 AM
He's still able to produce statisically at a high level. His defense obviously isn't what it was at his peak. I also think that prime Kobe's explosiveness made him much tougher to guard. He didn't have to work nearly as hard to get his buckets back then. Dude was unstoppable. Now he's just damn near unstoppable.

Either way, what he's doing right now on those old, high mileage legs is unbelievable.

LEFT4DEAD
12-17-2012, 03:28 AM

Wait a minute. So you are saying a player who was never really no.1 in this league, not even in his prime, would suddenly be the best with top 3 talent of all times Lebron, potential top 10 ever Durant, and Anthony who is beasting like never before. Im not buying that weak sh!t, sorry.

Mr. Jabbar
12-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Wait a minute. So you are saying a player who was never really no.1 in this league, not even in his prime, would suddenly be the best with top 3 talent of all times Lebron, potential top 10 ever Durant, and Anthony who is beasting like never before. Im not buying that weak sh!t, sorry.

someone ban this clown already :facepalm

LEFT4DEAD
12-17-2012, 03:53 AM
someone ban this clown already :facepalm
:roll: :roll:

M.Bustly15A5RU8
12-17-2012, 04:01 AM

http://home.comcast.net/~johnrhoward/duncan.jpg

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/l/lebron_james-12912.jpg

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Kevin+Garnett+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Boston+G53SReD mH-Yl.jpg

http://img.discountpostersale.com/posters/PFSAAHO18001/1/Dwyane-Wade---06-Ring-Ceremony.jpg

:lol :roll: :oldlol: :lol :roll:

M.Bustly15A5RU8
12-17-2012, 04:12 AM

Ignore him. One of the biggest Kobe jockers and pretends to be a Nets fan.

bdreason
12-17-2012, 04:18 AM
He was better a few years ago. There is that time in a players career, just before they lose that step, where they are at a perfect combination of athleticism and skill. For Kobe that was around 2007 in my opinion.

White Mamba
12-17-2012, 06:16 AM

You are wrong here, the best Kobe won't let the Lakers lose 14 before win 30, yes he can put great stats but he can't control games the way he used to.

last night was the first time this season that I felt Kobe controlled the game, made a good play to kill the opponent momentum.

he can still kill teams but he is not the same killer anymore.

prime Kobe will have a better team record, period.

ILLsmak
12-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Nah, Lebron is overall better than he (Lebron) ever was.... and has just completed to prove it where he couldnt before...

But Kobe sure is still that guy, if it wasnt for Durant he would still be top 2 for me...

wat?

-Smak

SacJB Shady
12-17-2012, 07:08 AM
When you lose some of your athleticism you tend to take more calculated shots. Or look at Jason Kidd, he developed into a 3 point shooter because he had to. Kobe is not taking the wild shots as much and because of that he is taking smarter shots, only increasing his field goal percentage. Back in the day he knew he could get shots up whenever he wanted to so he would try to look extra fancy. Now he is just doing the basics and it's working.

TheeBeast
12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
wat?

-Smak

He means that Lebron is at his peak, never been as good as he is right now

STATUTORY
12-17-2012, 08:53 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:facepalm

Heavincent
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM

:roll:

Purch
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Am i wrong?

Yes. He couldn't even get past ****ing Randy Foye off the dribble, that's not the Kobe I know who used to light up the Jazz in the playoffs. Look past stats and actually watch a game for once.

KenneBell
12-17-2012, 10:48 AM
06-08 Kobe could easily put up 32-35ppg in the same role and offense Kobe is in now. Just my opinion.

He doesn't have the same stamina, athleticism, and energy to do play on both sides of the ball like he did back then. That's normal.

People like to argue that '96 or '97 MJ was as good as he was in the first three peat but its just not the same.

Rubio2Gasol
12-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Shamed Christie at every corner, these days the likes of Sefalosha can do a job on him.

White Mamba
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Shamed Christie at every corner, these days the likes of Sefalosha can do a job on him.

You mean Doug christie?

I agree.

ralph_i_el
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Am i wrong?

defense not part of the game?
nobody is denying that kobe is filling it up efficiently

BlueandGold
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
For all the people complaining about Kobe's effort on D.. I would rather Kobe save his energy during the regular and use all that's in the tank in the postseason then him to wear himself out like brown did with Bryant last season.

Also his TO issues can also be somewhat explained by both his age, coach and adjusting into a new offensive system.

DatAsh
12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
This is the best I've ever seen Kobe play offensively, but it's also the worst I've ever seen him play defensively.