PDA

View Full Version : Durant is playing on another level

28renyoy
12-17-2012, 06:31 AM
His numbers over the past month, Nov 14-Dec 14

29.9 ppg 7.3 rpg 4.4 apg 1.7 bpg 1.4 spg 2.9 to/g 68.3 TS% 53.3 FG% 47.5 3P% 90.3 FT% 14-2 record

:bowdown:

Figlo
12-17-2012, 06:34 AM
ok

ScarSymmetry
12-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Ban pls?

Rubio2Gasol
12-17-2012, 06:46 AM
You bolded the most meaningless parts.

asdf1990
12-17-2012, 06:48 AM
No he isn't

Bigsmoke
12-17-2012, 06:51 AM
LeBron couldn't put up those numbers? :lol

ILLsmak
12-17-2012, 06:58 AM
LeBron couldn't put up those numbers? :lol

not from the FT and 3 point line.

-Smak

dunksby
12-17-2012, 07:06 AM

-Smak
:lebronamazed: :lebroncry:

red1
12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
godly shooting, especially from 3

red1
12-17-2012, 07:24 AM

-Smak

shoot 60% from the line, still the best player in the game
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/darali_starscream/B3%20Stuff/james_4.jpg

plowking
12-17-2012, 09:52 AM

-Smak

He was basically shooting that clip from the 3 point line for the whole season before the Wizards game where he took 2 bailout 3's with the clock winding down.

NLZ
12-17-2012, 09:53 AM
His numbers over the past month, Nov 14-Dec 14

29.9 ppg 7.3 rpg 4.4 apg 1.7 bpg 1.4 spg 2.9 to/g 68.3 TS% 53.3 FG% 47.5 3P% 90.3 FT% 14-2 record

:bowdown:
Yeah, Durant is really growing into a very solid player.

andremiller07
12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
If Durrant was a warcraft character he would be level 90 and everyone else would be stuck on 89 or below!

STATUTORY
12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
durant's game is too bland and generic to be remembered as an all time great doe

he's like a cheeser in a vid game just doing the samething over and over again. he needs to develop a gimmick to propel himself into the top 15 all time when it's all said and done

there's no dramatic tension in watching him play. if he can do what he's doing but at the same time make the audience feel like he's on verge of failing then he's got something.

heavensdevil
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
durant's game is too bland and generic to be remembered as an all time great doe

he's like a cheeser in a vid game just doing the samething over and over again. he needs to develop a gimmick to propel himself into the top 15 all time when it's all said and done

there's no dramatic tension in watching him play. if he can do what he's doing but at the same time make the audience feel like he's on verge of failing then he's got something.

:facepalm

Indian guy
12-17-2012, 10:05 AM
He's again the best player in the league, IMO. There was no doubt last year, and while LeBron's much better this season compared to last, Durant's taken his game to even bigger heights. With his improved passing, his game doesn't have a weakness anymore, and he's just so ridiculously dominant as a scorer. OKC is comfortably the best offense in the league this season.

STATUTORY
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM

it's the art of theater man

he's gotta dial back the automaticness to bring the audience in. allow them to connect.

it's a science.

All Net
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
It's crazy how much Durant keeps improving..same with Ibaka too. OKC are going to be winning titles in the next 1-3 years I reckon...not sure who can beat them in the next 2 years when other elite teams players get older.

PyrrhusX
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM

:biggums:

:facepalm :facepalm

dannywpt
12-17-2012, 11:37 AM

:cry:

fpliii
12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
amazing player...he's like the evolutionary version of George Gervin (taller, more range, better rebounding, better defense)

as of today, I have him winning the MVP

Umad101
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
amazing player...he's like the evolutionary version of George Gervin (taller, more range, better rebounding, better defense)

as of today, I have him winning the MVP
Sorry that belongs to melo so far

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM

And yet Tim Duncan is generally considered a top ten player, and there was nothing exciting or even unique about his game.

Nothing you say above will have any bearing on how Durant is viewed when its all said and done.

fpliii
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Sorry that belongs to melo so far

bro I live in the NYC area and watch every Knicks game...Melo is playing at a top 5 level for the first time in his career but he's not even the most impactful player on his team (Chandler is, and it's not close)

the award is Durant's to lose at the moment, and Melo is a distant second IMO

dunksby
12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Durant is just too good :bowdown:

STATUTORY
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
And yet Tim Duncan is generally considered a top ten player, and there was nothing exciting or even unique about his game.

Nothing you say above will have any bearing on how Durant is viewed when its all said and done.

Duncan started rocking that "bank shot" to characterize his play. that's very much his schtick.

Durant need something like that or else he's just gonna be remembered for flailing his arms for calls.

Eric Cartman
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
This "Durant" guy seems pretty good, please tell more about him.

LBJ 23
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Duncan started rocking that "bank shot" to characterize his play. that's very much his schtick.

Durant need something like that or else he's just gonna be remembered for flailing his arms for calls.

You're stupid :facepalm

longhornfan1234
12-17-2012, 03:08 PM
59% of his points are created for him :lol. GOATbrook is the real man on the team.

maybeshewill13
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
OP a nice guy

lilgodfather1
12-17-2012, 05:48 PM
What I take away from all of this is Durant is a good shooter, and as good of a passer as a C during hot streaks. Cool didn't know those two things looking at his whole career...

Cali Syndicate
12-17-2012, 06:06 PM

You want to know what characterization Durant showcases?

His dominance.

Plus the fact that he's 6'10 and can pull up virtually anywhere on the court is pretty damn amazing.

Cali Syndicate
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM
59% of his points are created for him :lol. GOATbrook is the real man on the team.

So do you think that's because Durant isn't capable of creating for himself or that he knows how to utilize his strengths for the betterment of the team?

Durant's a phenomenal off the ball scorer, RW is a far better ball handler and slasher. Shame on you for trying to knock him cause he plays team ball.

Connor B
12-17-2012, 06:10 PM

This is literally one of the most retarded things I have ever read.

KG215
12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Plus the fact that he's 6'10 and can pull up virtually anywhere on the court is pretty damn amazing.
This. He's a very unique player when you consider his height and length. How many 6'10" players in NBA history have had his dribbling, driving and finishing, AND shooting ability (from anywhere on the court)? He's got a really quick first step (for a guy his size), insane length in a 6'10" frame, a smoother jumper, and has now added a small blend of Dirk-esque shots from the post to his game. If/when he gets stronger and further refines his post game, to go along with his automatic jumper and ability to beat his man off the bounce and finish at and above the rim, we're going to be witnessing one of the most unique players in NBA history.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Durant is a real chucker.

He's barely averaging 2 assist per game for his career. He has somewhat raised that this year.:oldlol:

He has a career high in 4 assist per game this year. Damn comical and people like to say he's playing out of this world.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
This. He's a very unique player when you consider his height and length. How many 6'10" players in NBA history have had his dribbling, driving and finishing, AND shooting ability (from anywhere on the court)? He's got a really quick first step (for a guy his size), insane length in a 6'10" frame, a smoother jumper, and has now added a small blend of Dirk-esque shots from the post to his game. If/when he gets stronger and further refines his post game, to go along with his automatic jumper and ability to beat his man off the bounce and finish at and above the rim, we're going to be witnessing one of the most unique players in NBA history.

He needs to work on his lack of playmaking ability and getting teammates involved.

dannywpt
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM

You are a real retard. :cheers:

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
So do you think that's because Durant isn't capable of creating for himself or that he knows how to utilize his strengths for the betterment of the team?

Durant's a phenomenal off the ball scorer, RW is a far better ball handler and slasher. Shame on you for trying to knock him cause he plays team ball.

2 assists per game for his career.

All he has to do is find the open man on doubles.

STATUTORY
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM

he's a cookie cutter superstar. he's gonna be the most obscure answer to a NBA trivial question in about 20 years

adrian dantley type

unless he develops some kind of signature

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
You are a real retard. :cheers:

i know you love yourself some daddy long legs but chill with the name calling.

KG215
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM

He's barely averaging 2 assist per game for his career. He has somewhat raised that this year.:oldlol:

He has a career high in 4 assist per game this year. Damn comical and people like to say he's playing out of this world.
He's on the verge of having a second season more efficient than Kobe has ever had in his 17 year career, and he's still just 24 years old. It's scary to think he could have even more efficient seasons in the future after he refines his postgame and starts taking more shots closer to the basket.

Durant's current TS% is .586 and his career eFG% is .509. Not bad for a "chucker."

KG215
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
he's a cookie cutter superstar. he's gonna be the most obscure answer to a NBA trivial question in about 20 years

adrian dantley type

unless he develops some kind of signature
Whatever you say. You clearly know what you're talking about.

DatAsh
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Durant is a special player. He may very well go down as one of the top 2 scorers in NBA history, right up there with Jordan. 28ppg on 65% is truly incredible; hopefully he keeps it up.

dannywpt
12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
i know you love yourself some daddy long legs but chill with the name calling.

Sorry, I thought you wanted me to do so. You know, because of your obvious trolling.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
He's on the verge of having a second season more efficient than Kobe has ever had in his 17 year career, and he's still just 24 years old. It's scary to think he could have even more efficient seasons in the future after he refines his postgame and starts taking more shots closer to the basket.

Durant's current TS% is .586 and his career eFG% is .509. Not bad for a "chucker."

He lacks play making ability. If he gets cold during games, he's a non-factor.

I know he's a good shooter but Durant is an individual comparison to teams that live by the 3 and die by the 3.

He can't do anything else but score.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Also, let's admit he's pretty lucky to have Westbrook on the team. I think without RW most teams would double Durant or let Durant get his and make the rest of the team beat you.

Unfortunately with his lack of play making ability, the team would not go very far.

KG215
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Now it makes sense. Now I know you haven't watched a single OKC game this year.

I know he's a good shooter but Durant is an individual comparison to teams that live by the 3 and die by the 3.
Yeah....except he's not.

If that's all he can do, then he has to be the most impactful scorer in the history of the league since he's been the best player on a team that made the WCF two years ago, the Finals last year, has had two 50 win seasons since 2010 (would've been three if it wasn't for the lockout last year), and a team who's off to a 19-4 start this year.

Really speaks to just how damn good of a scorer he is, I guess, if that's all he can do yet his team has won a lot of games in the last 3+ seasons.

Fudge
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Now it makes sense. Now I know you haven't watched a single OKC game this year.

Yeah....except he's not.

If that's all he can do, then he has to be the most impactful scorer in the history of the league since he's been the best player on a team that made the WCF two years ago, the Finals last year, has had two 50 win seasons since 2010 (would've been three if it wasn't for the lockout last year), and a team who's off to a 19-4 start this year.

Really speaks to just how damn good of a scorer he is, I guess, if that's all he can do yet his team has won a lot of games in the last 3+ seasons.

Never said he wasn't a great scorer. He is indeed one but his teams won't win anything.

Always the brides maid but never the bride.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
2 career assists per game is not playmaking unless we should start using hockey assists.

Next thing you guys are going to tell me is that he makes the correct plays to lead up to a bucket.

I am not saying Durant sucks or he's not a great scorer because he is a great scorer and doesn't suck but for a guy that supposedly playing at this great level, his play making ability is lacking.

KG215
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Never said he wasn't a great scorer. He is indeed one but his teams won't win anything.

Can I borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it?

DatAsh
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM

I get the feeling that you bash any and every player who could in any way be seen as a threat to Bryant's legacy.

Fudge
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Papaya Petee
12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Mehh, LeBron and D-Wade put up better numbers for a whole season before.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I get the feeling that you bash any and every player who could in any way be seen as a threat to Bryant's legacy.

First of all this is not about Bryant.

2nd of all nobody is threatening Kobe's legacy. He's a once in a lifetime player and done spectacular things in this league like those before him. Super hero-like things.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Durant is a cookie cutter star in this league. He's bland, not very imaginative and not very creative when it comes to playmaking.

Sure the stats look good and numbers look good but very generic.

You actually have to have a style to your game and artistry to elevate you past those numbers. A lot of guys can score but he doesn't have that "wow" factor.

MJ- hangs in the air, spins and scores.

Kobe- fade away 3, baseline up and unders, spin moves off the glass dunks.

Kareem- sick sky hook and amazing ability for his size.

Wilt- freak of nature, incredible feats....etc...etc....

Magic- eyes behind his head.

Like I said, nobody is affecting Kobe's legacy, not soon and certainly not Kevin Durant.

All Net
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Can I borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it?

Why are you even responding?

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Why are you even responding?

I think he knows that I am right and he is trying to convince me otherwise.

Fudge
12-17-2012, 07:00 PM

First of all this is not about Bryant.

2nd of all nobody is threatening Kobe's legacy. He's a once in a lifetime player and done spectacular things in this league like those before him. Super hero-like things.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Durant is a cookie cutter star in this league. He's bland, not very imaginative and not very creative when it comes to playmaking.

Sure the stats look good and numbers look good but very generic.

You actually have to have a style to your game and artistry to elevate you past those numbers. A lot of guys can score but he doesn't have that "wow" factor.

MJ- hangs in the air, spins and scores.

Kobe- fade away 3, baseline up and unders, spin moves off the glass dunks.

Wilt- freak of nature, incredible feats....etc...etc....

Magic- eyes behind his head.

Like I said, nobody is affecting Kobe's legacy, not soon and certainly not Kevin Durant.
:roll: :roll:

Duncan says hello.

Kareem- sick sky hook and amazing ability for his size.
:oldlol:

This is a "style" of your game now? How can you not say this about Durant as well then? Or are you just an idiot? I'll take the latter.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
:roll: :roll:

Duncan says hello.

:oldlol:

This is a "style" of your game now? How can you not say this about Durant as well then? Or are you just an idiot? I'll take the latter.
Duncan is very generic in my opinion. Great player but not exciting enough to catapult him to the very top. He's on the bottom of my list because of this. It's not about numbers and rings. You have to factor in popularity, creativeness and "It" factor.

Wilt had it. MJ had it. Kobe has it. Magic has it. Guys that were/are very polarizing to their respective generation. Doing things on the basketball court that we can only imagine.

Kareem's size and ability is amazing for a guy that's 7 feet plus. Durant is not a 7 footer nor does he have the athletic ability like Kareem on defense. Kareem stopped freaks such as Wilt. We talking about Kareem Abdul Jabbar here.

DatAsh
12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
You have to factor in popularity, creativeness and "It" factor.

If your goal is to determine who the best basketball player is, these things should have very little to no relevance.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Durant with decent game so far tonight.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Durant with 4 assists so far in the game.

About to end soon.

The man needs to work on that play making ability.

Especially with 2 assists for his career average.