PDA

View Full Version : Why are "scrubs" thriving with the Clippers?

Clippersfan86
12-17-2012, 11:15 PM
For December Odom is averaging 8.5 rebounds with 3 straight 10+ rebound games. He's also putting up 6 ppg and 2 apg to go with VERY good defensive during this win streak. He's been so good defensively to close out games that DJ has been spending 4th quarters on the bench like predicted by some.

Barnes is averaging 10 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1.5 apg and a block off the bench in the second best year of his career. He's been the Clippers best defensive player so far along with Bledsoe.

Jamal Crawford while on a bit of a slump the last few games is having one of the best years of his career at 32 years old.

Even other budget signings like Turiaf and Hollins have been huge in games this year. Everybody for the most part was sure all of these guys were washed up scrubs that were done. So my question is do you still believe these guys are scrubs and bad signings?

Crazy thing is Odom is just starting to get into shape. He's going to be huge in the playoffs. 10 straight wins now largely due to these "scrubs".

b0bab0i
12-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Calm down!

We gotta wait to see how they do in playoffs.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Calm down!

We gotta wait to see how they do in playoffs.

People didn't say they would fold in playoffs. They said they were scrubs, cancers, bad contracts, washed up etc. Yet they make up the best bench in the league. They deserve props and even people admitting they were being overly critical.

TMT
12-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Chemistry is a big factor. It seems you just have guys that are happy to be there and ecstatic to be playing together, essentially rejuvenating guys' careers like Barnes and Odom.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Oh Clippers now have the 2 seed in the west, thanks OKC. We will catch you guys next week :cheers:

outbreak
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Agenda thread much?

Odom shouldn't be a scrub, everyone knows he has talent and he's been a disgrace since Dallas but there's still a shot at him getting in shape or adjusting to playing heavier.
Barnes has always been an underrated clean up guy.
Crawfords had 20ppg seasons hasn't he? That's hardly a complete scrub?
The only guy you mention who is a scrub is Hollins but even he showed he can contribute last year with the celtics.
Do we really need a thread on this?

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I miss Odom and Barnes. The Lakers could use them this year.

Odom and Barnes will always be remembered as Lakers.

Go Lakers!

Clippersfan86
12-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Chemistry is a big factor. It seems you just have guys that are happy to be there and ecstatic to be playing together, essentially rejuvenating guys' careers like Barnes and Odom.

I said that would be the difference before and was called a blind homer. People don't understand how valuable chemistry is (look at the Lakers right now). The family environment the Clips have brings them together. Yesterday most of the team went to the Movies together. Always hanging out off the court and it pays off. Their chemistry reminds me of the 00's Kings.

NuggetsFan
12-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Oh Clippers now have the 2 seed in the west, thanks OKC. We will catch you guys next week :cheers:

Except the Thunder just beat the Spurs tonight, while the Clippers beat the Pistons. Clippers are on a 10 game win streak but oh wait, Thunder are on an 11 game streak too :oldlol:

I think you need to settle down but you already know this :lol

Levity
im really glad to see odom coming back to form, but correct me if im wrong... hes only had one 10+ rebounding game this season. where is this 3 straight nights coming from?

9erempiree
That's why I'm so pissed with Lakers front office. They let a lot of these guys go and they go to the Clippers. It's like playing for the Lakers with less pressure.

This will be an ongoing trend, as you will see former Laker players going to the Clips.

Once you play in L.A. you won't want to go anywhere else.

Fiasco
12-17-2012, 11:31 PM
We don't need a thread, man.

TMT
12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I said that would be the difference before and was called a blind homer. People don't understand how valuable chemistry is (look at the Lakers right now). The family environment the Clips have brings them together. Yesterday most of the team went to the Movies together. Always hanging out off the court and it pays off. Their chemistry reminds me of the 00's Kings.

I understand where you're coming from, brother. Last year my Spurs team was constantly doing off the court activities together and were really tight, and it showed by a deep playoff run. Chemistry is really underrated and I'm not just talking about when they are on the floor, I'm talking all the time.

IGotACoolStory
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
lol.

Your interpretation of scrubs and mine are completely different. All you did was point to proven veterans. Except maybe Hollins, but he's playing like a scrub so...

Clippersfan86
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
im really glad to see odom coming back to form, but correct me if im wrong... hes only had one 10+ rebounding game this season. where is this 3 straight nights coming from?

He had 11vs Dallas last week and 11 tonight. He's averaging 10 over his last 3 is what I think I saw, my bad. Either way much improved.

9erempiree
12-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Chemistry is good for a team but if the team has a wide gap from it's youngest players to oldest, there will be a problem. There is only so much these guys want to do together.

Clippersfan86
12-17-2012, 11:36 PM
lol.

Your interpretation of scrubs and mine are completely different. All you did was point to proven veterans. Except maybe Hollins, but he's playing like a scrub so...

Then why was most of ISH saying these guys are done? Nobody wanted Odom or Barnes after last year,and people thought Crawford was washed up too. I can dig up threads if you need me too but people will bitch about it.

brandonislegend
12-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Holy **** you make the worst threads

http://www.nba.com/media/act_chris_paul.jpg

LamarOdom
Odom got two games with double digit rebounds, finally he's getting back to shape he's gonna be huge for the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
I understand where you're coming from, brother. Last year my Spurs team was constantly doing off the court activities together and were really tight, and it showed by a deep playoff run. Chemistry is really underrated and I'm not just talking about when they are on the floor, I'm talking all the time.

Yup. Other day Barnes almost got in a fight to protect CP3 at a party. These guys are a family. I agree Spurs are a great example.

selrahc
12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
they have a good point guard

andremiller07
12-18-2012, 02:10 AM
they have a good point guard

Thats pretty much it, as well as Billups and yeah no way Matt Barnes is a scrub, while Odom is probably just mentally checking back into reailty and coming back into him old self. They are a well constructed team

LakersForlife
12-18-2012, 02:31 AM
lakers reject gonna choke on playoffs i hope they face LAlakers.LAL will give them some lessons

RazorBaLade
12-18-2012, 02:40 AM
theyre still scrubs

will regress to the mean eventually

Xiao Yao You
12-18-2012, 07:36 AM

Do we really need a thread on this?

It's the Clipps. Can't have enough threads on them.

Once you play in L.A. you won't want to go anywhere else.

I guess. I lived in Southern Cal. No desire to go back to that hell hole.

He had 11vs Dallas last week and 11 tonight. He's averaging 10 over his last 3 is what I think I saw, my bad. Either way much improved.

Doing what he's been expected to do the past 2 seasons. Wow! :facepalm

joeyjoejoe
12-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Lakers wont be teaching clips anythin, i believe lakers will bounce back and make the playoffs but prob gona get bounced in the first clips are now the kings of la

Sharmer
12-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Odom got the tools to be productive, if he's motivated.

Clippersfan86
12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
It's the Clipps. Can't have enough threads on them.

I guess. I lived in Southern Cal. No desire to go back to that hell hole.

Doing what he's been expected to do the past 2 seasons. Wow! :facepalm

Which you expected him to fail miserably at and laughed at him just a month ago. Fast forward almost two months into the season and the Clippers bench reigns supreme over the league carrying the team while the starters rest the 4th and the Jazz bench is where to be found?

niko
12-18-2012, 10:26 AM
For December Odom is averaging 8.5 rebounds with 3 straight 10+ rebound games. He's also putting up 6 ppg and 2 apg to go with VERY good defensive during this win streak. He's been so good defensively to close out games that DJ has been spending 4th quarters on the bench like predicted by some.

Barnes is averaging 10 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.5 spg, 1.5 apg and a block off the bench in the second best year of his career. He's been the Clippers best defensive player so far along with Bledsoe.

Jamal Crawford while on a bit of a slump the last few games is having one of the best years of his career at 32 years old.

Even other budget signings like Turiaf and Hollins have been huge in games this year. Everybody for the most part was sure all of these guys were washed up scrubs that were done. So my question is do you still believe these guys are scrubs and bad signings?

Crazy thing is Odom is just starting to get into shape. He's going to be huge in the playoffs. 10 straight wins now largely due to these "scrubs".

Crawford is far from a scrub. He's a diva. He must like his role. If he does, he passes, he plays with energy, his shot looks nice. If he doesn't he is listless and will just kill you. Odom is similar. I think Paul and Billups set a good tone the other players like.

Clifton
12-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Everybody for the most part was sure all of these guys were washed up scrubs that were done.
Who?

Everyone I know has since before the season started considered this Clippers team to be glutted with a totally unreasonable amount of talent from top to bottom. I mean they have guys like Grant Hill and Lamar Odom and Jamal Crawford and Matt Barnes on their *bench*. All of these guys were prominent players on very good teams not long ago. Who ever said they were "scrubs"? They have really big names who are barely cracking their roster they're so stacked. And on top of that they have two all-stars, one of whom is a top-4 player, and a good center. And as an afterthought, they have a former finals MVP at the 2.

UtahJazzFan88
12-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't consider Barnes, Crawford, and Odom if he's somewhat in shape to be scrubs.

Turiaf & Hollins I would say have been scrubs on other teams

Ol Dirty Bastard
12-18-2012, 11:03 AM
OH
Me
Oh
My

this thread is too much

Go Clipps!

Xiao Yao You
12-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Which you expected him to fail miserably at and laughed at him just a month ago. Fast forward almost two months into the season and the Clippers bench reigns supreme over the league carrying the team while the starters rest the 4th and the Jazz bench is where to be found?

I never said he would fail. I said he had to prove he wasn't just a big fat ass which he still does despite his huge 3 game run of hitting the boads like the good old days! The Jazz are 13 deep as I said all along. They are about right where I'd expect without a superstar and a road heavy schedule.

ChuckOakley
12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Since these players aren't scrubs and you know they are not, what is the point of this thread?

If you want to call out specific posters feel free.. PM them though and don't waste the board's space.

Last I checked most fans and GM's thought the Clippers had one of the best benches in the league.

shaunliv
12-18-2012, 02:04 PM
I miss Odom and Barnes. The Lakers could use them this year.

Odom and Barnes will always be remembered as Lakers.

Go Lakers!

Who both STARTED their careers as Clippers!:rockon:

coin24
12-18-2012, 02:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :facepalm :facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM

you like to talk about your scrub team dont you? nobody gives a rat's a$$....lol...

you come to this forum...nobody is talking about your scrub team...so you get attention by making threads like this...typical....attention seeking person

Clifton
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Turiaf
Ain't no scrub. Anyone would take Turiaf as a third or fourth big. He's the consummate seventh man in the way Derek Fisher is. He can get 2/3 in 15 minutes and still have a big impact on a game.

Face it, this team is so stacked that its number 1 problem is that it's too stacked.

SpecialQue
12-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Once again, calm down a bit on Barnes. Either that, or prepare yourself for disappointment later in the season.

jdm_dc_fan
12-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Ryan hot garbage hollins is contributing in LA?:roll:

MiseryCityTexas
12-18-2012, 04:31 PM
i read that a barnes scored 21 points on some box score and immediately thought it was harrison. pretty shocked to find out that it was matt too. happy for the clippers/ ex-laker role players.

MiseryCityTexas
12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Ryan hot garbage hollins is contributing in LA?:roll:

almost anybody with hops, or any type of atletic ability for that matter can thrive in lob city. hollins is gonna get his just by jumping in the air in transition.

Salazaar
12-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Why scrubs? They are all good players... Geez, on ISH everyone who isn't a superstar is immediately considered a scrub :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Why scrubs? They are all good players... Geez, on ISH everyone who isn't a superstar is immediately considered a scrub :facepalm:

What's better is hearing these same people backpeddle and say "What are you talking about? It was obvious these guys could play". It's like well then why the fu** were you talking sh** about the signings and these players just two months ago :biggums: ??

flipogb
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
be prepared for Barnes and his disappearing act in the playoffs, the rest of the bench guys will be good tho

coin24
12-18-2012, 07:12 PM
What's better is hearing these same people backpeddle and say "What are you talking about? It was obvious these guys could play". It's like well then why the fu** were you talking sh** about the signings and these players just two months ago :biggums: ??

Why do you take every single comment about the clippers so seriously?
You're still salty over people ranking the nuggets highly in the offseason, as the clippers didn't get all the attention:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-18-2012, 07:20 PM
CF86 going h@m. :roll:

He's right in a away tho. These guys who were considered 'washed up', 'done' and 'useless' have definitely been implemented into the system nicely. They've been HUGE for us. At the same time, "scrubs" have been thriving off the Clippers. They gotta send a message to NOH who have been a thorn in their ass.

Funnyfuka
12-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Once again, calm down a bit on Barnes. Either that, or prepare yourself for disappointment later in the season.
exactly, he usually completely disapears mid season.

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2013, 04:45 PM

cazy thing is Odom will always be a mental midget :applause:

CF86, come back :(