PDA

View Full Version : "If I wanted to, I could lead the league in scoring, but that's not my job here" -LBJ

Hoiids
12-22-2012, 03:33 PM
"He could average 37 points a game, realistically I think," -Spoelstra.

"I'm shooting 54 percent from the field right now, so if I shoot 54 percent at 25 shots a game? Pff, that's like ... doing my math ... that's 27 points right there. That's without shooting free throws and shooting 42 percent from the 3-point line." "I could do it if I wanted to"

I like the confidence

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Maybe he could - but he still wouldn't be as renowned a scorer like KD and Kobe are.

chazzy
12-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Try taking 7 more shots per game and not having your FG% drop at all :lol

SwayDizzle
12-22-2012, 03:39 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

LoneyROY7
12-22-2012, 03:39 PM
:facepalm

If Tyson Chandler took 25 shots a game he would average 35 ppg, not counting FTs and 3-pointers...right, LeBron?

:coleman:

IGotACoolStory
12-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Daniel Orton would average 36 ppg on 36 minutes at 100% if just given the time.

Because that's how stats work. amirite?

Blue&Orange
12-22-2012, 03:46 PM

"I'm shooting 54 percent from the field right now, so if I shoot 54 percent at 25 shots a game? Pff, that's like ... doing my math ... that's 27 points right there. That's without shooting free throws and shooting 42 percent from the 3-point line." "I could do it if I wanted to"

I like the confidence
lol Lebron. This guy is the biggest stat whore in the history of the NBA. He cherry picks his shots like nobody else, hence people complaining he is passive at times. He isn't being passive, he is just looking ways to increase his stats.

I would love to watch Lebron trying to average 37ppg.

LoneyROY7
12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/310120/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

Doranku
12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Damn, Bron tunnel visions his stats and misinterprets context just like his stans do. :roll:

SpecialQue
12-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't like Lebron, but I do like that he has a chip on his shoulder. If people are still riding him even after that amazing last season he had, then he has every right to put these tards in their place.

Rysio
12-22-2012, 03:51 PM
he's a stat padder so he knows if he takes more shots his fg% gonna go down if he knew he could keep same % he would already do it.

bdreason
12-22-2012, 03:53 PM
He could average 35ppg on ~50%.

He already averaged 31ppg on 48% on a team with no 2nd option.

Kyon
12-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Are we gonna act like he hasn't already lead the league in scoring during his career? It's not like this is some 20ppg scorer extrapolating his stats out. This guy is one of the all time greats, and has averaged around 30ppg in multiple seasons, more than either Kobe or Durant are averaging currently.

I<3NBA
i like that he knows what his job is - winning. unlike Kobe, who thinks his job is only to break scoring records :lol

Rubio2Gasol

If Tyson Chandler took 25 shots a game he would average 35 ppg, not counting FTs and 3-pointers...right, LeBron?

:roll:

Zedja
12-22-2012, 04:07 PM
i like that he knows what his job is - winning. unlike Kobe, who thinks his job is only to break scoring records :lol
Kobe has 5 rings. I think he's done a good amount of winning in his career.

StacksOnDeck
12-22-2012, 04:18 PM

Yes, a 5x champion thinks his job is to break records. :rolleyes:

heyhey
12-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Kobe should respond with something like I know I can lead the league in PER but my job is to win multiple championsips

andgar923
12-22-2012, 04:21 PM

I like the confidence

He could easily, specially now with an improved post game. His patience and decision making has also improved, he now forces the defense to adjust to him instead of the other way around.

LJJ
12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
He's having a career year so far in terms of FG%, rebounding per game and turnovers per game.

It's quite impressive without the "I could score more if I wanted to" bs talk.. Shame he has to go around and make idiotic statements like this to validate his ego.

All Net
12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
He certainly could like Durant could..

DMV2
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
He probably could but his FG% would drop above 5-6% (yes, around 45%). Seriously, it would because his game would be too predictable and he doesn't have even offensive sets to keep the defense guessing.

His court vision and passing ability is what makes his offense great. Defenders have to pick their poison; him or teammates.

secund2nun
12-22-2012, 04:40 PM
He could lead the league in scoring if he wanted. If he took 7 more shots per game his fg% might drop a little, but it would still easily be above 50%.

As a 21 year old in his 3rd season he averaged 31.4 ppg on 23 shots per game (48% fg) and that was when he had much less experience, a much worse shooting game, and a much worse post game. Even back then had he took 2 more shots per game, he would have averaged about 34 ppg (he averaged 1.37 points per shot that season).----31.4+ (2*1.37)= 34.14 ppg

If he were to take 25 shots today with his higher fg% as a result of his much improved post and shooting game, he would surpass 34 ppg.

dynasty1978
12-22-2012, 04:43 PM
If there is one guy that's aware of his stats, it's Lebron.

If there is <3 seconds at the end of a quarter, better believe Lebron is holding on to the ball...gotta preserve that FG%.

steve
12-22-2012, 04:44 PM
He probably could but his FG% would drop above 5-6% (yes, around 45%). Seriously, it would because his game would be too predictable and he doesn't have even offensive sets to keep the defense guessing

There's no real evidence that his shooting percentage would drop that much. He averaged over 31 points per game on 23 shots and shot 48%, this is when he was 21 (in fact, outside of his rookie season, he's never dropped below 47%). At 28, he's a much better shooter and has a much more varied arsenal at his disposal. Some other things people need to keep in mind, he's not attacking the rim as much as he has in the past (his free throw attempts per36 are significantly lower than his career average and the lowest since his rookie season) and his usage percentage is the lowest since his rookie season. All of this and he's still fifth in the league in scoring (and why people forget that he's actually led the league scoring before is kind of baffling).

If he was on a team where it was necessary for him to shoot more (or shoot in range of 25 shots a game), his field goal and three point percentage would most likely drop, but not by that much. Not only that though, he'd be going to rim to the rim more and getting into the lane, which means that his rate of foul shots would probably go up from just under 6 a game (where they are now) to well over 10 a game (which is about where they were when he was taking 20 shots a game).

Outside of his rookie season and his time with Miami, when he needed to take more shots with Cleveland (and averaging 21 shots a game, he's averaging slightly less than 19 with Miami), he was averaging 29 points per game, which if we're paying attention, would put him a half point behind the league lead right now.

DirtySanchez
12-22-2012, 04:46 PM
LeBron and ESPN are freaking annoying.

lilbeastnani
12-22-2012, 04:46 PM
:oldlol: :cheers:

LikeABosh
12-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Great comparison. Lebron and Tyson are totally on the same level offensively :oldlol: .

Rysio
12-22-2012, 04:59 PM
He could lead the league in scoring if he wanted. If he took 7 more shots per game his fg% might drop a little, but it would still easily be above 50%.

As a 21 year old in his 3rd season he averaged 31.4 ppg on 23 shots per game (48% fg) and that was when he had much less experience, a much worse shooting game, and a much worse post game. Even back then had he took 2 more shots per game, he would have averaged about 34 ppg (he averaged 1.37 points per shot that season).----31.4+ (2*1.37)= 34.14 ppg

If he were to take 25 shots today with his higher fg% as a result of his much improved post and shooting game, he would surpass 34 ppg.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm back then lebrick took it to the rim almost every possession. he will never be able to do that again and his jumper still lebrick status when defended tightly.

SacJB Shady
12-22-2012, 05:09 PM

only won 2 as the number one option

White Mamba
12-22-2012, 05:12 PM
try shoot better than 67% from the line:applause:

dunksby
12-22-2012, 05:12 PM
He takes more shots than Durant...

Sarcastic
12-22-2012, 05:15 PM
37 ppg? :lol :lol :lol

There are 2 human beings that ever did that. Wilt and Jordan. That's it. Lebron is not nearly the scorer that those guys were.

Heavincent
12-22-2012, 05:17 PM

The guy who has 5 rings doesn't know that his job is to win?

Nice logic you got there.

Zedja
12-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Still a ring no matter how you look at it.

jlip
12-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm not quite seeing the problem here. Maybe his fg% would drop slightly, but Lebron could definitely do what he has already done before, and that is lead the league in scoring. That's not debatable because again, he has already proven he could do it. Also he has led the playoffs in scoring twice in his career including last season. Because his style of scoring is not "pretty" or aesthetically appealing (i.e. jumpers, fancy footwork, etc.) I honestly think that Lebron is one of the most underrated scorers ever. He is in his 10th season and currently is #3 all time in career scoring average only behind MJ and Wilt. In terms of playoff averages he is 4th all time behind only MJ, Iverson, and West. To think that a player with that type of scoring resume' couldn't easily lead the league in scoring by simply jacking up a couple of more shots a game is ridiculous.

ripthekik
12-22-2012, 05:49 PM
lol Lebron. This guy is the biggest stat whore in the history of the NBA. He cherry picks his shots like nobody else, hence people complaining he is passive at times. He isn't being passive, he is just looking ways to increase his stats.

:applause:

wtf is bron up to now :facepalm
just can't keep his mouth shut

ihoopallday
12-22-2012, 05:52 PM
:lol I think it was the Heat vs. Wolves game the other night I was watching. Anyways Bron gets the ball at mid court wide open with like 2 seconds left and just holds it. Dude does be watching that FG%.

CeltsGarlic
12-22-2012, 05:54 PM
I ,actually ,would love to see him try.

Pacers4ever
12-22-2012, 05:56 PM

Guess he cherry picked his way into winning a championship :facepalm How was he cherry picking in game 6 against the celtics? Most of lebrons point are unassisted.

FKAri
12-22-2012, 06:01 PM
He got the math right!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrq3v8ChnL1qa9ns8.png

LEFT4DEAD
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
He could lead this league in scoring easily. But Im not sure about 37 ppg, since he is more of an all around player. If he'd really try, he could average smt like 31/9/8 on high percentages.

(e)
12-22-2012, 06:08 PM
He probably could if that was his main concern. But he wouldn't get 7 assists a game if he was just trying to score. Likely wouldn't shoot the same percentage, and Miami probably wouldn't win as many games.

Of course, other guys like Kobe, Durant, Melo, Rose, Dwill, CP, ect could lead the league in scoring if that was their main goal.

madmax
12-22-2012, 06:11 PM

even that is questionable...plenty of people claim Gasol and Fisher carried this chucker to them rings

TMT
12-22-2012, 06:15 PM
The one year he isn't at the top of the MVP discussion he starts coming out and making excuses like this. Seems more like whining to me than anything else. Shut up, Lebron. You went to Miami to win championships, stop whining because guys like Melo and Durant are more of the topic of discussion this season.

Hoiids
12-22-2012, 06:18 PM
The one year he isn't at the top of the MVP discussion he starts coming out and making excuses like this. Seems more like whining to me than anything else. Shut up, Lebron. You went to Miami to win championships, stop whining because guys like Melo and Durant are more of the topic of discussion this season.

He was asked this by a reporter, and answered truthfully.
smh

Pacers4ever
12-22-2012, 06:20 PM
context

pauk
12-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Ofcourse, i think everybody knows deep down inside Lebron could lead the league in scoring any season if he wanted... Lebron just wants to win... offensively he can dominate the game with his passing or scoring..

9erempiree
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM

I like the confidence
Sounds like a guy that is very aware of his stats and I think he tries not to shoot much so he can keep his percentages up and so he can rack up those assists and rebounds.

What are you suppose to do Lebron?

If you are not there to lead the league in scoring than why are you leading your team in scoring?

He is protecting his stats because the more you shoot the more your percentage will drop. He wants to get to a certain percentage and chills.

Lebron23
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Post with your real account TMT. Miami are the best team in the Eastern Confererence, and they are the defending NBA Champion.

TMT
12-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I think most would agree there's underlying sourness in his answer. He could have gone a whole different direction with it and just been a class act. :confusedshrug:

New World Order
12-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I think most would agree there's underlying sourness in his answer. He could have gone a whole different direction with it and just been a class act. :confusedshrug:

Honestly, I am not a LeBron fan and fail to see this "sourness." Carry on.

TMT
12-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Post with your real account TMT. Miami are the best team in the Eastern Confererence, and they are the defending NBA Champion.

:biggums: Only have one, my dude. You sound sour.

pauk
12-22-2012, 06:27 PM

The interviewer/media asked him about that.... and he gave the answer... an honest one and a very true one imo... its not his job to think "score first/score only", it could be, but they need more jobs from him offensively because he CAN bring more jobs offensively (pointguard duties) that does impact the game... if they needed mostly scoring from him or if he couldnt dominate the game with his passing and was strictly a scorer (Kobe, Durant, Carmelo), then let me just say Lebron would average many many more points a game...

I remember he gave the same answer last year and the year before that when the media guy asked something about why he is not leading the league in scoring and why his PPG is down or something...... its a stupid question... but oh well...

Pacers4ever
12-22-2012, 06:34 PM
it depends if you're one of those dumbasses that read texts and picture it more than what it really is.

Spaulding
12-22-2012, 06:40 PM
He's right.

What's the problem people?

pauk
12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
The media guys always keep asking that stupid question year after year... why cant they get it? Yes Lebron has nasty scoring ability, he could lead the league in PPG if he wanted to, but that means he would have to bottleneck the rest of his game offensively (he can dominate the game with his passing/vision) he is a point-forward for gods sake... he is more closer to something like Magic rather than Jordan, not entirely like Magic, but his role, mindset & game offensively is more closer to Magic or even Bird (another guy that could dominate the game with his passing) rather than Jordan/Kobe...

Y2Gezee
12-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Bonafide stat whore

IGOTGAME
12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
He's right.

This. Don't see the issue, he is just telling the truth.

Pointguard
12-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm not quite seeing the problem here. Maybe his fg% would drop slightly, but Lebron could definitely do what he has already done before, and that is lead the league in scoring. That's not debatable because again, he has already proven he could do it. Also he has led the playoffs in scoring twice in his career including last season. Because his style of scoring is not "pretty" or aesthetically appealing (i.e. jumpers, fancy footwork, etc.) I honestly think that Lebron is one of the most underrated scorers ever. He is in his 10th season and currently is #3 all time in career scoring average only behind MJ and Wilt. In terms of playoff averages he is 4th all time behind only MJ, Iverson, and West. To think that a player with that type of scoring resume' couldn't easily lead the league in scoring by simply jacking up a couple of more shots a game is ridiculous.

While having more of a semblance to Magic than Jordan. Rarely ever will you see Lebron have a scorer's mentality for three quarters and most of the time its only two quarters. If Lebron had it the whole game I think he leads the league.

kNicKz
12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Lebron is a douchebag

remember when he got rocked by dirk in the finals? or Duncan?

"You all have to go back to your lives, I'm rich and awesome so it doesn't even matter"

:roll: :roll:

good for TV, no doubt

blablabla
12-22-2012, 07:49 PM

goat scorer

pauk
12-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Lebron is a douchebag

"You all have to go back to your lives, I'm rich and awesome so it doesn't even matter"

good for TV, no doubt

Um no, he didnt say it exactly like that or mean it like that.... he said & meant that at the end of the day people have to go back and worry about their own lives, which was an answer in the context/topic being the criticism recieved his 1st year with Miami... nonchalant, but unfortunately true...

TheeBeast
12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyone in the NBA could average 37 a game

especially with a coach stupid enough to let them

gilalizard
12-22-2012, 08:40 PM
He's definitely leading in fouls not being called against him.

And he doesn't even have to try for that. The refs just give that to him. NO EFFORT INVOLVED.

I<3NBA
12-23-2012, 12:39 AM
he stopped trying to win after the 5th :lol now he's just all about them records. kobe's a loser now. a real loser.

DaSeba5
12-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Lebron is a douchebag

good for TV, no doubt

lol wut?

stallionaire
12-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Lebron is a douchebag

good for TV, no doubt

He never said that.

He simply said that the people who spit the hatred against him have their own lives to deal with and how they feel is inconsequential to what he does. Most sobering moment in sports. He told fans to **** off in the most polite and smart way ever.

Ignorant LeBron haters spun his quote as saying that they have shit lives and that they're poor.

Dan Gilbert felt amazing the night the Mavs won, but realistically the next morning he woke up to having a son with a terminal disease and a ruined franchise.

I loved that he said it, and I love it even more that the quote still pisses people off to this day.

Ne 1
12-23-2012, 12:49 AM

Irrelevant. He's still a 5x champion, and anyway his 2001 and 2002 rings were on par with the production of a 1 option.

Most importantly though is that "rings as the number one option" is a faux category. It's not even a real category, yet people throw it out as if it's a statistical category. Does anyone outside of ISH and similar websites comprised of a tiny fraction of hardcore elitist fans care about this? This is a rhetorical question. No one does. Rings are rings. Walk into the local sports bar tonight and ask everyone how many rings Kobe, or for that matter Magic or Kareem have. 5, 4, 5 and 6. It's hilarious how elitist fans obsess over a fictional category that is based on subjective factors and is irrelevant.

PistonsFan#21
12-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Is there any links to Lebron actually saying that? :confusedshrug:

stallionaire
12-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Is there any links to Lebron actually saying that? :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcoD8JU_oo

tmacattack33
12-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Irrelevant. He's still a 5x champion, and anyway his 2001 and 2002 rings were on par with the production of a 1 option.

Most importantly though is that "rings as the number one option" is a faux category. It's not even a real category, yet people throw it out as if it's a statistical category. Does anyone outside of ISH and similar websites comprised of a tiny fraction of hardcore elitist fans care about this? This is a rhetorical question. No one does. Rings are rings. Walk into the local sports bar tonight and ask everyone how many rings Kobe, or for that matter Magic or Kareem have. 5, 4, 5 and 6. It's hilarious how elitist fans obsess over a fictional category that is based on subjective factors and is irrelevant.

What casual fans think has no bearing on anything. If they think player x is better, I'm going with player y

Ne 1
12-23-2012, 01:03 AM
btw LeBron shoots a high FG% because the vast majority of his points comes from dunks, lay-ups, close runners or spot up threes. He can't shoot past 15 feet and his free throw shooting isn't the best.

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 01:04 AM
He never said that.

He simply said that the people who spit the hatred against him have their own lives to deal with and how they feel is inconsequential to what he does. Most sobering moment in sports. He told fans to **** off in the most polite and smart way ever.

Ignorant LeBron haters spun his quote as saying that they have shit lives and that they're poor.

Dan Gilbert felt amazing the night the Mavs won, but realistically the next morning he woke up to having a son with a terminal disease and a ruined franchise.

I loved that he said it, and I love it even more that the quote still pisses people off to this day.

So telling fans to **** off makes him not a douchebag? ...

Just2McFly
12-23-2012, 01:07 AM
He's right.

this

PistonsFan#21
12-23-2012, 01:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcoD8JU_oo

thanks but i was talking about a link for the OP`s post of Lebron saying: "I'm shooting 54 percent from the field right now, so if I shoot 54 percent at 25 shots a game? Pff, that's like ... doing my math ... that's 27 points right there. That's without shooting free throws and shooting 42 percent from the 3-point line." "I could do it if I wanted to"

Money 23
12-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Surprised LeBron got that math right off the top of the dome. Well done.

And I think he's right, it's a testament to him being the best player in the game that he can dominate all facets of the game, and still be an elite scorer without that being his focus.

I think if he did go hard on that end of the floor and tried to score more in a more aggressive attitude and mind set akin to game 6 of the ECF v.s. Boston, then THAT guy is possibly the best player I've ever seen.

Ne 1
12-23-2012, 02:24 AM
try shoot better than 67% from the line:applause:

Yeah, he could actually average 30 without breaking a sweat if he could hit his goddamn free throws. LeBron knows he doesn't have the jumper to put up those kind of shots without it drastically affecting his efficiency.

kkb_12
12-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Sure he can lead the league is scoring - he did it in the past when he was lesser player than he is today. 37 points average ? The most one player scored while winning championship was Jordan at 32.6

BMOGEFan
12-23-2012, 03:34 AM
He could have also not join up with 3 superstars at the time and conspire with them during the season to make a super team.

But he didn't and instead, he wanted to make a team that he predicted would win 8 rings.

TheCorporation
12-23-2012, 06:06 AM
:lol :lol

BoutPractice
12-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Of course he could (after all he already did), but everyone knows it so it's almost weird he would feel the need to point it out.

raid09
12-23-2012, 08:18 AM

I guess I missed that season when Chandler led the league in scoring with over 30 a game on solid %.

bluechox2
12-23-2012, 08:25 AM
translation: just cus im not averaging 30 a game, i hope no one will forget about my other stats instead of just looking at league leaders in scoring for mvp voting

2swift4u
12-23-2012, 12:32 PM
translation: just cus im not averaging 30 a game, i hope no one will forget about my other stats instead of just looking at league leaders in scoring for mvp voting

And I think he's right to point this out, since everybody seems to be freaking out about Melo's scoring and some even say he's better than Lebron. Lebron could easily score 30 points every night but he doesn't want to because he can actually see his team mates on the floor and distribute the ball rather then just shooting a ton of jumpers like Melo!

TheFastOne
12-23-2012, 01:50 PM
And I think he's right to point this out, since everybody seems to be freaking out about Melo's scoring and some even say he's better than Lebron. Lebron could easily score 30 points every night but he doesn't want to because he can actually see his team mates on the floor and distribute the ball rather then just shooting a ton of jumpers like Melo!
Now you make it look like Melo is just a jumpshooter. He's more.

And I think Lebron is one of two in the league who could get a triple-double at will, together with Rondo. Lebron is clearly the alpha-dog in the league now.

Jailblazers7
12-23-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about this quote. It's true...:confusedshrug:

clayton
12-23-2012, 02:38 PM
If LeBron has the guts to take 41 shots like Kobe, he'll get more than a measly 34 points.

miggyme1
12-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Regardless if u shoot 50 percent or not. If u cant at least score 30 points off 25 shots u trash.especially with the way lebron play. Should average 10 free throws a game!

Half of 25 is 13 shots made. Dats 26 points
Lets say u go 10 for 25. Dats 20 points plus the free throws is 30

BlueandGold
12-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Daniel Orton would average 36 ppg on 36 minutes at 100% if just given the time.

Because that's how stats work. amirite?
/thread

Lebron23
12-23-2012, 03:35 PM
LMAO at the clown who compared Daniel Orton to LeBron.

BuffaloBill
12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
If Lebron scored more, his assists and FG% would drop big time.

BuffaloBill
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/310120/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

Biggest douchebag in the NBA

NLZ
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
He could average 35ppg on ~50%.

He already averaged 31ppg on 48% on a team with no 2nd option.
He could average 35 ppg on 50%... what? You're saying he's as good of a scorer as MJ? Because those were his stats.

LBJ on an elite team is a 25-27 PPG scorer (with a higher FG %). On a lesser team where he has to do more he's a 28-30 PPG scorer on 46-49%. These aren't my opinions, these are things that have actually happened...

DMV2
12-23-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't doubt that he can back up his statement but I don't see the point of making a statement like that if you're not gonna do it.

Similar to his "I could play in the NFL" or something to that content, which I'm sure he can but why say something you won't even try to do?

Jailblazers7
12-23-2012, 03:49 PM
If Lebron scored more, his assists and FG% would drop big time.

He average 30 ppg and 7 apg (better than his 6.something now) with Cleveland.

Lebron could average 30-31 on 48% with 7 apg if he needed to.

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't doubt that he can back up his statement but I don't see the point of making a statement like that if you're not gonna do it.

Similar to his "I could play in the NFL" or something to that content, which I'm sure he can but why say something you won't even try to do?

I also think it's stupid saying things like this but superstars are arrogant, nothing new :confusedshrug:

BuffaloBill
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
He average 30 ppg and 7 apg (better than his 6.something now) with Cleveland.

Lebron could average 30-31 on 48% with 7 apg if he needed to.

But he's shooting like 54% right now though.

His quoted implied that he could score 37 points on 54%

DirtySanchez
12-23-2012, 04:18 PM
In all pro sports. Dude should just STFU.

9erempiree
12-23-2012, 04:43 PM
LBJ on an elite team is a 25-27 PPG scorer (with a higher FG %). On a lesser team where he has to do more he's a 28-30 PPG scorer on 46-49%. These aren't my opinions, these are things that have actually happened...

basically this.

Jailblazers7
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
But he's shooting like 54% right now though.

His quoted implied that he could score 37 points on 54%

He did 30/48% when he was younger so I don't think its that big a stretch to think that he could average in the low 30's on 51%ish now that he is older and more skilled. Of course its just a hypothetical but I'm not going to get all up in arms acting like its the most absurd thing.

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Things that actually happened are also his improved jumper and midrange game which you're not taking into account if you're comparing Lebron from 2-3 years back... And much better shot selection, especially cutting all those stupid 3's and heat checks...

LeBird
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
While having more of a semblance to Magic than Jordan. Rarely ever will you see Lebron have a scorer's mentality for three quarters and most of the time its only two quarters. If Lebron had it the whole game I think he leads the league.

Precisely. If he really had that mentality - wanting to be the scoring leader every season - he could do it pretty comfortably.

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Like how can people deny that he is a douchebag? Splashing gatorade into the stands? Chucking his clothes at the ballboys? Making a TV special and having a huge lavish event about him switching teams? Wearing shirts that say "check my stats" and "earned not given" ??? Some players I love to watch but can admit that they are complete tools off the court

RedBlackAttack
12-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Precisely. If he really had that mentality - wanting to be the scoring leader every season - he could do it pretty comfortably.
Wait... So, James is the only player in the league who could increase his scoring totals if he put his sole focus on it? This whole conversation assumes every other player in the league would stay as they are right now and only James' mindset would change. What if Durant put his only focus on scoring more points? I'm quite confident he could.

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 05:50 PM
This is where the "stat padding" discussion comes in. I believe that term is thrown around way too much on here. I don't think anyone in the league is a "stat padder" because winning is the goal, but by the accepted definition of "stat padding", wouldn't Lebron be stat padding every game he plays in by dishing out assists for double and triple doubles when he could just score in many of those instances?

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Wait... So, James is the only player in the league who could increase his scoring totals if he put his sole focus on it? This whole conversation assumes every other player in the league would stay as they are right now and only James' mindset would change. What if Durant put his only focus on scoring more points? I'm quite confident he could.

You're right, but it seems like out of the top 5 scorers in the league Lebron is focusing on scoring the least while still keeping up with them scoring wise.

9erempiree
12-23-2012, 05:56 PM
This is where the "stat padding" discussion comes in. I believe that term is thrown around way too much on here. I don't think anyone in the league is a "stat padder" because winning is the goal, but by the accepted definition of "stat padding", wouldn't Lebron be stat padding every game he plays in by dishing out assists for double and triple doubles when he could just score in many of those instances?

That is what I was saying but I don't expect Lebron fans to understand.

Wouldn't Lebron be detrimental to his team if he's not shooting more. The man even mentioned his FG% so shouldn't he shoot more because he thinks his FG% will stay constant all the way through the game no matter how many shots he takes.

:oldlol:

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Excatly.

Especially since in basketball scoring is generally much more important than passing. Best scorer in the league will always be ahead of best passer.

So if Lebron is such a ''stat whore'' why isn't he forcing to score more since scoring is much more popular and important than passing to an ordinary bball fan?

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I just think that many of the people who call guys like Kevin Love stat padders violate the very same logic by praising stars that dish assists when they clearly could have scored and do other things to stuff the sheet. I don't think there's anything wrong with engaging yourself in all aspects of the game but a lot of lebron fans go against their own logic by calling dudes stat padders

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
scoring is much more popular and important than passing to an ordinary bball fan

According to who? you?

Lebron's entire image is being the "complete" player that does everything well. Will people remember scorers like Tmac and Iverson over Lebron? You don't have to answer that

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 06:23 PM
According to who? you?

Lebron's entire image is being the "complete" player that does everything well. Will people remember scorers like Tmac and Iverson over Lebron? You don't have to answer that

No, I can easily answer this.

Will people remember passer like Rondo over Iverson and Tmac?

Lebron or Magic can't be compared to Tmac and Iverson in context you are implying because they are/were both also pretty good scorers. They will give you 20-8-8 easily on any given night, hell even 25-8-8 or more. And that's pretty close to those 30 points which Tmac or Iverson would average.

Answer me this, who will people remember more player A averaging 12 assists and 10 points per game, or player B averaging 30 points and 2-3 assists per game?

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Will people remember passer like Rondo over Iverson and Tmac?

Yes? Rondo won a championship with his passing skills. Iverson and Mcgrady's skills got them early retirement and broken bodies.

Lebron or Magic can't be compared to Tmac and Iverson because they are/were both also pretty good scorers. They will give you 20-8-8 easily on any given night, hell even 25-8-8 or more. And that's pretty close to those 30 points which Tmac or Iverson would average.

So after comparing them to prolific scorers, you now are saying that they can't be compared to players with multiple scoring titles? Are we going to pretend that Iverson didn't average double doubles in multiple playoff series while still being primarily a scorer??

Answer me this, who will people remember more player A averaging 12 assists and 10 points per game, or player B averaging 30 points and 2-3 assists per game?

A.... It's 2012 not 1997. Having full stats like that is the future of the game and fans eat up the whole "double double" shtick now more than ever. But now they just call players they dislike with similar stats to players they support "stat padders", and that is what I am pointing out in my posts

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
A.... It's 2012 not 1997. Having full stats like that is the future of the game and fans eat up the whole "double double" shtick now more than ever. But now they just call players they dislike with similar stats to players they support "stat padders", and that is what I am pointing out in my posts

I completely agree with you. I think there was a misunderstanding, maybe cuz English is my 2nd language.

Like I said in one of the posts above, scoring may be more important than being a complete player to an ordinary bball fan who watches NBA games here and there, not fans like me and you who probably watch more than just one game per day and then even use their free time to discuss about it on ISH :facepalm :lol

And all I was trying to say is that if Lebron is such a stat padder why wouldn't he force to score more since scoring is more attractive to ordinary fans(which are always in majority) than being an overall complete player.

And you're also right about being a triple double threat every night being a fashion nowadays and even Durant is trying to improve in that regard very hardly but Lebron entered the league in times when the best scorers like Bryant, Tmac, Iverson, Shaq,.... were face of the NBA and even then Lebron was trying to be a triple double threat every night and not focusing on scoring only.

Lebron23
12-23-2012, 06:58 PM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/kobe-bryant-24.jpg

35 yrs.old ballhog.

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah i think you did misread me. I don't think Lebron is a stat padder in any way. I was just questioning the contradictory logic of people that throw that word around all the time about guys like carmelo, durant, and love. (you are not one of them)

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 07:00 PM

35 yrs.old ballhog.

Kobe is VERY high in the douche rankings

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah i think you did misread me. I don't think Lebron is a stat padder in any way. I was just questioning the contradictory logic of people that throw that word around all the time about guys like carmelo, durant, and love. (you are not one of them)

:cheers:

Another thing which pisses me off is that after Lebron won the ring some Lebron fans discredit Carmelo or Durant with a phrase ''call me when they win something'' which was soo commonly used for Lebron 2,3 or 4 years back :facepalm

LBJ 23
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes? Rondo won a championship with his passing skills. Iverson and Mcgrady's skills got them early retirement and broken bodies.

Even though we are in agreement now I have to answer this.

Rondo did win a championship with his passing skills, but this passing skills could connect to players like Pierce, Allen and KG who(as a trio) even in their older years are miles better than anything Iverson or Mcgrady had.

kNicKz
12-23-2012, 07:31 PM
:cheers:

Another thing which pisses me off is that after Lebron won the ring some Lebron fans discredit Carmelo or Durant with a phrase ''call me when they win something'' which was soo commonly used for Lebron 2,3 or 4 years back :facepalm

Yep haha, when Lebron won his chip a good amount of the fanbase went from being obsessed with stats to show why hes better to just this "We run shit" attitude. "When Lebron loses it's because he wanted to". "Lebron COULD lead the league in scoring if he wanted to". I don't think Lebron wanted to lose in the finals twice lol

Even though we are in agreement now I have to answer this.

Rondo did win a championship with his passing skills, but this passing skills could connect to players like Pierce, Allen and KG who(as a trio) even in their older years are miles better than anything Iverson or Mcgrady had.

All widely praised players in history had pretty solid teams on the low. Some not on the low

http://sportsguru101.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/party-heat.jpg

Put a prime T-mac or Iverson on a top team from that era (pistons, lakers, etc.) and they'd probably be a lot higher in people's ranks

Jailblazers7
12-23-2012, 09:23 PM

35 yrs.old ballhog.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/demarcus-e1352691506460.jpg

^the real biggest douche in the league

Ikill
12-23-2012, 09:47 PM
A lot of players could lead the league in scoring if they took enough shots but he also implied that he could maintain his efficiency while scoring more. From what ive seen this this year Lebron hasn't had too much trouble getting his 25 points. I do think he could take 2-3 more shots and maintain his efficiency anything more than that it probably drops.

selrahc
12-23-2012, 09:59 PM
and Kobe could lead the league in assists if he wanted to... so what?

Borat
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Lebron could average 40 a game IMO.
He would lose alot, but he has the stamina to do so.
Jordan and prime Kobe could to in todays league.

Borat
12-23-2012, 10:15 PM
and Kobe could lead the league in assists if he wanted to... so what?

No he couldnt average 13 apg.
Child please.

Maybe 9 or 10 though.

Asukal
12-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Everybody knows Lebron is a statwhore so what? :roll:

LeBird
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM

You missed the point. The frothing in your mouth perhaps blocked your view to read the post.

Lebron could be the scoring leader if he wanted to be, because he has the tools technically and physically to do it. That means regardless if player x improved his scoring, Lebron could still do it moreso. He is the best offensive threat in the league, if and when he wants to be.

You're right, but it seems like out of the top 5 scorers in the league Lebron is focusing on scoring the least while still keeping up with them scoring wise.

Yes, this. Lebron is #3 on the all-time list for scoring averages. And he rarely gives the impression that he is even pushing himself.

DMV2
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
I also think it's stupid saying things like this but superstars are arrogant, nothing new :confusedshrug:
Yeah, but many who are arrogant actually act on it. Some successful, some not so successful. But LeBron doesn't try to make an attempt to his claims.

ShaqAttack3234
12-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Not only could Lebron lead the league in scoring, he has actually led the league in scoring....in 2008. He's always been among the scoring leaders. He finished 3rd in scoring back in 2005 behind Iverson and Kobe, and 3rd again in 2006 behind Kobe and Iverson. Finished 2nd in 2009 behind Wade, and barely missed another scoring title in 2010 finishing just 0.4 ppg behind Durant. In the first year of the big 3, he finished second to Durant again, and 3rd last year behind Durant and Kobe. And in the last 4 seasons, Lebron has been finishing 2nd or 3rd in scoring while leading teams that win about 60 games every season.

If Lebron or any of the other top players really set out to see what kind of numbers they could put up, they'd be off the charts. Lebron probably could average 35 if it was his goal, or I think this version of Lebron could actually average a triple double. He's not going to playing the best style he can for his team, which is what almost every star does. I mean if Kobe had just focused on averaging 40 per game, he may have been able to.

STATUTORY
12-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Not only could Lebron lead the league in scoring, he has actually led the league in scoring....in 2008. He's always been among the scoring leaders. He finished 3rd in scoring back in 2005 behind Iverson and Kobe, and 3rd again in 2006 behind Kobe and Iverson. Finished 2nd in 2009 behind Wade, and barely missed another scoring title in 2010 finishing just 0.4 ppg behind Durant. In the first year of the big 3, he finished second to Durant again, and 3rd last year behind Durant and Kobe.

If Lebron or any of the other top players really set out to see what kind of numbers they could put up, they'd be off the charts. Lebron probably could average 35 if it was his goal, or I think this version of Lebron could actually average a triple double. He's not going to playing the best style he can for his team, which is what almost every star does. I mean if Kobe had just focused on averaging 40 per game, he may have been able to.

This is a popular misconception

Lebron doesn't have the type of game to be a prolific scorer. He's great at taking what the defense gives him but don't have the extra gear to take what's not there. That's why there's low ceiling to his PPG totals as well as his single game records. He probably can score 35 if he puts his mind to it but those extra points would cost him a significant price in term of his efficiency because it would unnatural for him to hoist up those shots and that's not part of his game.

Kobe is the type of player that can average 30, 35, 40, 45 etc ppg without any real difference in term of his efficiency. Lebron is the type of player with severe diminishing marginal utility per shot and his efficiency would plummet if he were to do that.

BuffaloBill
12-24-2012, 12:08 PM

35 yrs.old ballhog.

Nah, I'd actually hang out with Kobe. He seems like a pretty down to earth kind of guy off the court.

ShaqAttack3234
12-24-2012, 12:48 PM
This is a popular misconception

Lebron doesn't have the type of game to be a prolific scorer. He's great at taking what the defense gives him but don't have the extra gear to take what's not there. That's why there's low ceiling to his PPG totals as well as his single game records. He probably can score 35 if he puts his mind to it but those extra points would cost him a significant price in term of his efficiency because it would unnatural for him to hoist up those shots and that's not part of his game.

Kobe is the type of player that can average 30, 35, 40, 45 etc ppg without any real difference in term of his efficiency. Lebron is the type of player with severe diminishing marginal utility per shot and his efficiency would plummet if he were to do that.

I agree to some extent, and think Kobe is capable of scoring more than Lebron. I made no claims about Lebron's efficiency, but if a player of either of their ability changed their focus and went outside their team's offense more to see how much they could score, the sky would pretty much be the limit. Here are a bunch of stretches, and not arbitrary stretches either, 20 games either to start or finish the season.

Lebron's final 20 games(2006) 33.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 3.2 TO, 1.6 spg, 49.1 FG%, 23.8 FGA, 42.8 mpg
Jordan's 1st 20 games(1987) 39 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.7 apg, 3 TO, 2.7 spg, 1.8 bpg, 47.6 FG%, 30.5 FGA, 41.2 mpg
Kobe's final 20 games(2007) 38.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 4.6 apg, 2.8 TO, 1.4 spg, 46.7 FG%, 28.6 FGA, 43.4 mpg
Jordan's final 20 games(1988) 37.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 5 apg, 3.3 TO, 2.9 spg, 1.5 bpg, 55.3 FG%, 25.9 FGA, 41.2 mpg
Shaq's final 20 games(2000) 35.8 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 3.7 apg, 3 TO, 2 bpg, 60.4 FG%, 24.3 FGA, 40.7 mpg
T-Mac's final 20 games(2003) 34.7 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.3 apg, 2.9 TO, 1.8 spg, 26.7 FG%, 25 FGA, 37.4 mpg
Iverson's 1st 20 games(2006) 34.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 7.6 apg, 2.9 TO, 2 spg, 44.9 FG%, 25.9 FGA, 43.7 mpg
Iverson's final 20 games(2002) 33.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 5.3 apg, 4 TO, 3.3 spg, 40.1 FG%, 28.7 FGA, 43.3 mpg
Wade's final 20 games(2009) 33.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 7.7 apg, 3.3 TO, 2.2 spg, 1.1 bpg, 50.2 FG%, 23.1 FGA, 39.6 mpg

And none of these are the scenario I'm even talking about. In not one of these cases did their efficiency or all around numbers really change. If they wanted to sacrifice some of that to just see how much they could score, I'm pretty sure all of them could average 35+.

Actually, in Kobe's case, that crazy stretch to end 2007 started when Phil told him to shoot more, and over the 17 games remaining, he averaged 40.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 4.4 apg, 2.8 TO, 1.5 spg, 47.3 FG%, 29.8 FGA, 44.1 mpg. In Wade's case, he actually put up better numbers for a longer stretch. In the 27 games after the Jermaine O'Neal/Shawn Marion trade, he averaged 33.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 8.3 apg, 3.4 TO, 2.3 spg, 1.2 bpg, 51.4 FG%, 23.1 FGA, 39.7 mpg. With T-Mac, he sustained the 35 ppg for longer as well, it was after the Mike Miller for Drew Gooden and Gordan Giricek trade. He averaged 34.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 6 apg, 3 TO, 1.7 spg, 46.8 FG%, 24.7 FGA, 38.4 mpg over the 26 games remaining after the trade.

When players reach this level, their numbers depend more on their team's offense and their teammates.

Pointguard
12-24-2012, 01:16 PM
An interesting subplot could be behind Lebron saying this. Lebron did say that LA did his former coach wrong - he even said he wold speak about it later. I guess he did second guess it and left it alone. But the statements could be loaded. I bet you he has a big game against LA.

28renyoy
12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
If lebron and durant both wanted to win the scoring title, lebron would finish 2nd and it would probably be by 2+ pointa

upside24
12-24-2012, 03:17 PM
If lebron and durant both wanted to win the scoring title, lebron would finish 2nd and it would probably be by 2+ pointa
It would be closer than 2+ points.

LeBron has never been just a scorer, so we don't know what kind of numbers he would put up with that mindset.

Durant is the better scorer IMO, but if both players decided to have a shootout for the title it would be closer than you think.

Micku
12-24-2012, 04:46 PM
I think he could increase his scoring if he wants to, obviously. He has better skills than he does in Cleveland, so he has better ways to score. His percentage may go down, but 29.7 ppg on 50% shooting in Cleveland, and even then it felt like he could score more if he wanted to. He also average 31.4 on 48% shooting in his third year without the improve skills he has now.

Since he is with Wade, Bosh, and shooters like Ray, Battier and etc, doubles come less and he could take his man one on one and drive.

He could lead the league in scoring assuming if that's not Durant's goal too. Both of them are effective and efficient scorers. But I always thought that LeBron was really one of those players who could score a lot more if he wanted to and put his mind into it.

Overdrive
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
I think he could score more, but there's a certain cap to his scoring, which is below prime Kobe's and current Durant's. He hasn't got any reliable midrange or 3pt jumper, which would be important when his driving or postgame doesn't work. I think 33-36 is the maximum he can score throughout a season and still make the playoffs(even as a topseed). He could force 40+ but so can most top talent, but it'd be for the detriment of the team.

Money 23
12-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I think he could score more, but there's a certain cap to his scoring, which is below prime Kobe's and current Durant's.
I don't think that's true AT ALL.

Durant is in his 6th season. By all means, Durant has started the MEAT of his prime. By this point in his career (akin to Durant) LeBron already had more 50 point games, and a higher career in game scoring high.

All while being a player substantially less focused on scoring than Durant, or Kobe. And being a better play maker, passer, and more team oriented player than either of these individuals.

LeBron had a few games where he could've went off, self indulged and scored in the 60's, maybe even 70's or 80's. Depending on HOW selfish he wanted to be. But he's right, his mentality doesn't allow him to be that excessive.

Hell, if Tony Delk, Tracy Murray and Andre Miller can score 50 on hot nights, and David Robinson could score 71 against a 2006-esque Toronto Raptors, crappy Clippers team in 1995.

You don't think LeBron could? I remember a game in 2010 where he has like 30 in a quarter v.s. the Knicks, in maybe the first quarter, then barely shot the rest of the game. And he was playing D'Antoni's run and gun, no defense playing Knicks. He could've easily got 60 that game had he been focused on it.

Prime Kobe has 2 scoring titles
LeBron has 1 scoring title ... what's the huge difference?

Mind you, Kobe's two scoring titles came when the league was at it's absolute worst in terms of softness and change in officiating to make a spike in perimeter players PPG numbers.

LeBron's scoring title when the league settled down on the no touch rules. Which is more impressive?

He hasn't got any reliable midrange or 3pt jumper
LeBron's mid range game is substantially weaker than MJ and Kobe's ... obviously, those are two of the best mid range players of all-time.

But his 3 ball is just as good as either of theirs, and it's just as streaky. When they're hot, they're hot.

LeBron has been nailing them this year, because the defense is begging him to launch threes instead of driving, finishing, or creating for others. Which ultimately doing that instead of shooting jumpers makes him a more dominant offensive weapon.

Eat Like A Bosh
12-24-2012, 09:54 PM
LeBron definitely could compete for the scoring title. Remember he won a scoring title in 2008. If he really starts a shootout with Durant, it'll be a sight to see. I still predict Durant to win by half a point, but it'll be close.

LeBron would definitely average over 30 with 25+ shots, but naturally his efficiency, which has been his selling point so far in Miami would decrease.

28renyoy
12-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Durant is currently averaging 27.9 ppg on 17.3 FGA
LeBron is currently averaging 25.4 ppg on 18.3 FGA

Durant's averaging 2.5 more ppg on 1.0 less FGA

/thread

Pointguard
12-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Durant is currently averaging 27.9 ppg on 17.3 FGA
LeBron is currently averaging 25.4 ppg on 18.3 FGA

Durant's averaging 2.5 more ppg on 1.0 less FGA

/thread

If you watch the games Lebron actually gets fouled more than Durant does but Durant shoots 3 more free throws per game (Mello gets fouled more than Lebron). Lebron is currently shooting better from three point land and the field than Durant. Good argument to make for the debate though.

28renyoy
12-24-2012, 11:40 PM
If you watch the games Lebron actually gets fouled more than Durant does but Durant shoots 3 more free throws per game (Mello gets fouled more than Lebron). Lebron is currently shooting better from three point land and the field than Durant. Good argument to make for the debate though.

Durant is shooting 51% in the half court, LeBron's at 48%. Unless you think his transition baskets are going to magically go up by 3X what they are now, there is no reason to assume he could score more than Durant. And yes, Durant averages more FTA while being a MUCH better FT shooter. As for 3 point shooting, that's ridiculous. LeBron's a career 33% 3 point shooter, don't even compare him to Durant.

Pointguard
12-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Durant is shooting 51% in the half court, LeBron's at 48%. Unless you think his transition baskets are going to magically go up by 3X what they are now, there is no reason to assume he could score more than Durant. And yes, Durant averages more FTA while being a MUCH better FT shooter. As for 3 point shooting, that's ridiculous. LeBron's a career 33% 3 point shooter, don't even compare him to Durant.

I am most definitely comparing him to Durant this year because that the example you used.

If we are talking this year, and you were, we are talking this year. So yeah, Lebron is shooting the 3 point shot better - its a fact (not debatable) and they make practically the same amount per game. The reason Lebron shoots the three so well is that he doesn't force the issue - Durant is more of a pure shooter - I'll give you that but, Lebron's judgement, of making/creating the right play is among the best in the game. Lebron is relaxed now and his play reflects a clearer head and even better judgement as well as his shot being more accurate.

If Lebron forced the issue to score more, he would be driving the ball or taking it in the paint anyway. It would force the refs to make more calls as well. Because Wade and Bosh have been way off their game teams have really only focused on Lebron and he hasn't really pushed the issue. Lebron could punish PF on the block. Durant has one limitation on him scoring 32 or 33 points per game and its his build - its possible that durability could come into play - I guarantee you he won't be playing defense like he has been later in the year. Kobe has great stamina but if he gets fouled a lot his game will falll off like it did last year and his efficiency noticeable suffers. Lebron is definitely less likely to have a durability issue - cept that he is currently carrying his team more than Durant and playing defense with his feet demands more energy.

Vragrant
12-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I distinctly remember Lebron saying this in the 09'-'10 season as well

Lakers Legend#32
12-25-2012, 12:49 AM
LBJ attempting to be humble. Everyone see through it.

bluechox2
06-11-2016, 12:57 AM
sure aint...getting rocked at the rim

kamil
06-11-2016, 01:00 AM

Lemme update that for you:

http://i68.tinypic.com/24bs27a.jpg

game3524
06-11-2016, 01:04 AM
Lebron has always been overrated as a scorer. I know his TS%, FG%, eFG% etc. are other worldly at his peak. But he has never been a natural gifted scorer like Durant, Melo, or Kobe.

This is why I laughed when his stans were saying he could do what Kobe did in 2006 and any rational basketball fan knows that there is no chance and hell he could do that for 82 games.:oldlol: