PDA

View Full Version : 12/23/12 - Utah Jazz (14-13) @ Miami Heat (17-6)

Lebron23
12-22-2012, 05:17 PM
http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/670_heatvsjazz_120302.jpg

Utah Jazz (14-13) @ Miami Heat (17-6)

8:30 pm

American Airlines Arena

http://2unes.net/news/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/15eb9_nba_g_jazz_d1_576.jpg

http://www.nba.com/heat/photos/600_anthonywadejamesbosh_120104.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

Jazz

Mo Williams
Randy Foye
Marvin Williams
Paul Millsap
Al Jefferson

HEAT

Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Shane Battier
Udonis Haslem

EnoughSaid
12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Gritty and tough team to play. Always a challenge. Would like to see Miami keep up that defense they've been playing and shut down Utah though.

TMT
12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
no more Cavs gamethreads ******?

:facepalm

All aboard the bandwagon!

UtahJazzFan88
12-22-2012, 06:10 PM
105-93 Heat win.

Lebron23
12-22-2012, 06:18 PM
This is actually my first game thread of this season.

Mr. Incredible
12-22-2012, 07:58 PM
No Bosh tonight.

All Net
12-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Jazz need to pound it inside all the time now with Battier at PF and haslem at C

pauk
12-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Jazz need to pound it inside all the time now with Battier at PF and haslem at C
:banghead:

All Net
12-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Why not start Pittman?

Hoiids
12-22-2012, 08:36 PM
No Bosh tonight.

Hopefully that means a lot more minutes for Joel tonight.
When Cole and Joel play together the defense is dominant

pauk
12-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Yea, Anthony definitely needs to get in there at C... he is 6'9 but super strong, quick and hustles.. at PF defensively Lebron would actually be best

pauk
12-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Yep, Lebron at PF... and no Anthony at C

pauk
12-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Damn, whatever happened to Haslems midrange shooting? He used to be money there all the time once upon a time

Purch
12-22-2012, 08:55 PM
:pimp:

Graviton
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
These Jazz announcers are amazing, not only are they fair and professional, but both also have a classy, relaxing voice that doesn't annoy the shit out of you.

Hey Jazz fans, who are these Godly commentators?

plowking
12-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Bron Bron gonna get 20 rebounds tonight. Wade needs to turn up the scoring tonight with Bosh out.

Purch
12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
These Jazz announcers are amazing, not only are they fair and professional, but both also have a classy, relaxing voice that doesn't annoy the shit out of you.

Matt Harpering and Bowler

Indian guy
12-22-2012, 09:05 PM
LeBron's refusal to take end-of-qtr shots at times is just sad. He just drove and passed it to Joel Anthony, who was standing 15 feet away from the basket and was forced into throwing an ugly hook.

plowking
12-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Great defense by Joel. How are they gonna call that a foul? Dude went straight up.

Purch
12-22-2012, 09:09 PM
I hate the way Mo is playing

pauk
12-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Anthony has to be the worst offensive player in the NBA, like... really.. missing even entirely open layups/buckets very often

plowking
12-22-2012, 09:11 PM
LeBron's refusal to take end-of-qtr shots at times is just sad. He just drove and passed it to Joel Anthony, who was standing 15 feet away from the basket and was forced into throwing an ugly hook.

Where the hell did this bullshit notion about Lebron come about from?

Even when he was on the Cavs and I hated him, hes the player I feared most with the quarter closing out. He always seemed to make end of quarter shots.

I guess if people on here keep repeating shit everyone starts to believe it.

pauk
12-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Go Wade!

UtahJazzFan88
12-22-2012, 09:16 PM

Not sure if your serious or not, because a lot of people say they (mostly Harping) are huge homers. :lol

But yeah it's Craig Bolerjack who's calls football games on FOX/FX and has done NFL games on CBS & Harpring.

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Wade looking good in every aspect :applause:

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Wade looking good in every aspect :applause:
and looking like the GOAT

Graviton
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Where the hell did this bullshit notion about Lebron come about from?

Even when he was on the Cavs and I hated him, hes the player I feared most with the quarter closing out. He always seemed to make end of quarter shots.

I guess if people on here keep repeating shit everyone starts to believe it.
That's so ironic coming from you. :lol

Anyway, Cole still playing that awesome defense, but cold as hell from 3 atm.

plowking
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
That's so ironic coming from you. :lol

Anyway, Cole still playing that awesome defense, but cold as hell from 3 atm.

I'm not sure I know who you are, or what I did to hurt your feelings, but what agenda do I push on here?

pauk
12-22-2012, 09:29 PM
jesus ***ing christ Lebrons FTs this season... never seen it this bad

Graviton
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH LEBRON'S FREE THROWS?

This is frustrating, his PPG would be at 27 if he wasn't so damn bad at them, not to mention even better PER and TS%.

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
jesus ***ing christ Lebrons FTs this season... never seen it this bad
Samsung commercial curse

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Haslem just went in on millsap

pauk
12-22-2012, 09:38 PM
WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH LEBRON'S FREE THROWS?

This is frustrating, his PPG would be at 27 if he wasn't so damn bad at them, not to mention even better PER and TS%.

Yep, have no idea.. he probably practiced FTs to little this offseason and/or doesnt focus on it enough.... well this sure will, i hope he shoots even ***ing worse so he gets pissed of and locks himself in the gym, no sleep, no nothing, just chucking FTs 24-7... FT shooting is his only legit weakness right now

Graviton
12-22-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure I know who you are, or what I did to hurt your feelings, but what agenda do I push on here?
Lol you sound like Liam Neeson, "I am not sure who you are or what you want, but I will find you and I will kill you".

The other day you wrongly accused D Rose of being a "shitty" defender then I refuted your point with actual facts and data. You didn't really hurt my feelings, you are just really stubborn with your opinions, some of which aren't grounded in reality. Though we agree on a lot of things, we disagree on few others, I don't think you are agenda driven at all.

plowking
12-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Lol you sound like Liam Neeson, "I am not sure who you are or what you want, but I will find you and I will kill you".

The other day you wrongly accused D Rose of being a "shitty" defender then I refuted your point with actual facts and data. You didn't really hurt my feelings, you are just really stubborn with your opinions, some of which aren't grounded in reality. Though we agree on a lot of things, we disagree on few others, I don't think you are agenda driven at all.

You didn't provide any facts, nor data. I don't think I saw any numbers or statistical proof from you. I did however mention to you that the Bulls were better with their back up point guard rather than Rose defensively. And it was by quite a margin.

I'm not really fussed. I find it hilarious how its common trend to say a superstar has gotten better over the years, even though in some cases he hasn't. That's the case with Rose IMO, and the numbers do back it up.
Melo seems to be the only superstar of recent memory that hasn't gotten that pass.

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Battier with that stroke :bowdown:

Graviton
12-22-2012, 09:58 PM
You didn't provide any facts, nor data. I don't think I saw any numbers or statistical proof from you. I did however mention to you that the Bulls were better with their back up point guard rather than Rose defensively. And it was by quite a margin.

I'm not really fussed. I find it hilarious how its common trend to say a superstar has gotten better over the years, even though in some cases he hasn't. That's the case with Rose IMO, and the numbers do back it up.
Melo seems to be the only superstar of recent memory that hasn't gotten that pass.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/656564-derrick-roses-dismal-defense-dismissing-disparaging-drivel

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/rose-dwarfs-other-improvements-with-defense/

You sure are correct, numbers sure back up Rose being a better defender. And Mr. Genius, you ever think Bulls were better with Watson because he usually played vs opposing BENCHES along with better defenders like Gibson/Asik?

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 10:06 PM
heat defense has been swell ever since our rematch with the wiz.

pauk
12-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Come on Haslem

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:09 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/656564-derrick-roses-dismal-defense-dismissing-disparaging-drivel

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/rose-dwarfs-other-improvements-with-defense/

You sure are correct, numbers sure back up Rose being a better defender. And Mr. Genius, you ever think Bulls were better with Watson because he usually played vs opposing BENCHES along with better defenders like Gibson/Asik?

The article takes in assumptions that no one really believes. Noah being the only reason Bulls are an elite defensive team? No one thinks that. Yes, Noah was injured, then you had Asik step into his role, who is just as good defensively.

Of course hes great on isolations. Who's going to want to drive when you have the best rotating big men in the league? :oldlol:
Then using defensive rating as some sort of merit? I'm pretty sure Boozer had one of the best defensive ratings too. :oldlol:

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Incredible how good Lebron is. Having a pretty average/below average game and hes still shooting 50%, and almost has a triple double. I've never seen a player fill up his stats so easily since Shaq/Robinson in their primes.

pauk
12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
joel freakin anthony :banghead:

but oh well, he got defense

Screamingdoom
12-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Lebron's teammates so often fumble the passes given to them.

Graviton
12-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Of course hes great on isolations. Who's going to want to drive when you have the best rotating big men in the league? :oldlol:
Then using defensive rating as some sort of merit? I'm pretty sure Boozer had one of the best defensive ratings too. :oldlol:
Oh what a shock, you are proven wrong and unsurprisingly you deflect the real evidence with bullshit. I am sure in isolation situations Rose is guarding a scrub, not like teams give the ball to their best player on isos. Oh and his great numbers defending the ball handler on pick n roll and spot up shooters is also just Bulls D right?

I wonder if you use the same excuse on Rondo/Westbrook? Them having great defensive bigs like KG/Ibaka. I guess not. Can't believe I took a bandwagoner from Australia seriously. Just limit yourself to yout flavors of the month, you obviously don't pay attention to any other team.

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh what a shock, you are proven wrong and unsurprisingly you deflect the real evidence with bullshit. I am sure in isolation situations Rose is guarding a scrub, not like teams give the ball to their best player on isos. Oh and his great numbers defending the ball handler on pick n roll and spot up shooters is also just Bulls D right?

I wonder if you use the same excuse on Rondo/Westbrook? Them having great defensive bigs like KG/Ibaka. I guess not. Can't believe I took a bandwagoner from Australia seriously. Just limit yourself to yout flavors of the month, you obviously don't pay attention to any other team.

Yeah, you got me. I'm a bandwagoner. Oh well.

pauk
12-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Meanwhile... Plowking vs Graviton

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z273/sporker05/gif/popcorn.gif

Graviton
12-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Yeah, you got me. I'm a bandwagoner. Oh well.
It's ok, in time you may appreciate the shitty hard working teams.

DaSeba5
12-22-2012, 10:29 PM
The Heat's defense is back. This is the Miami Heat basketball I've missed.

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:31 PM
It's ok, in time you may appreciate the shitty hard working teams.

Hell no. I'm not even sure I'm a Heat fan yet. I'm waiting to see who gets in the finals before I start seriously supporting anyone. Last season I was a Heat fan though.

PJR
12-22-2012, 10:32 PM
The Heat's defense is back. This is the Miami Heat basketball I've missed.

This. :applause:

Graviton
12-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Meanwhile... Plowking vs Graviton

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z273/sporker05/gif/popcorn.gif
I am more pissed he is a 49ers bandwagoner lol, I actually live in San Fran and having him as a "fan" is a disgrace.

In a few years he gonna be BARCELONA|OKC|FALCONS fan.

BTW Pauk, what do you think about this? As a rational "numbers" guy do you ignore all the advanced statistics favoring Rose and label him as a "shitty" defender? I am sure you can give a better argument for or against that notion.

Graviton
12-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Lebron with back-to-back turnovers? That must be 1st for the season.

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:41 PM
I am more pissed he is a 49ers bandwagoner lol, I actually live in San Fran and having him as a "fan" is a disgrace.

In a few years he gonna be BARCELONA|OKC|FALCONS fan.

BTW Pauk, what do you think about this? As a rational "numbers" guy do you ignore all the advanced statistics favoring Rose and label him as a "shitty" defender? I am sure you can give a better argument for or against that notion.

Tell me more about myself. :oldlol:

Disgrace? You've had one conversation with me over the net and you're this emotional. :oldlol:

If you must know, I have family in San Fran, one of the few American cities I've visited. Chelsea I support due to my dad having worked in London.

And the Heat I've liked since forever.

But keep being emotional over the teams I support. :oldlol: Like I'm not allowed to choose. :oldlol:

pauk
12-22-2012, 10:44 PM
"Which player would you start a franchise with"

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Carmelo

Guess who wins by Jazz nation? Carmelo :roll:

DaSeba5
12-22-2012, 10:46 PM
The Heat are playing lights out right now. Perfectly leading up to the showdown with OKC on Christmas.

Human Error
12-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I hope the Jazz trade Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap for a better distributor / perimeter defense. Tandem of Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors are the obvious future in the paint and you always have to look for a way to sell high, once they get to play bigger minutes the value of Jefferson and Millsap will decrease.

Graviton
12-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Tell me more about myself. :oldlol:

Disgrace? You've had one conversation with me over the net and you're this emotional. :oldlol:

If you must know, I have family in San Fran, one of the few American cities I've visited. Chelsea I support due to my dad having worked in London.

And the Heat I've liked since forever.

But keep being emotional over the teams I support. :oldlol: Like I'm not allowed to choose. :oldlol:
Choosing one of the best teams in every sport seems bandwagony, even if you are not. Do you support any average/below-average teams by any chance? I am sure you may have a family relative or distant cousin that has worked in Washington or visited New York. :oldlol:

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:49 PM
How the hell is Lebron gonna have a career year in 3pt shooting and then shoot like ass from the free throw line. I remember being irked by Wade's FT shooting over the years, but these last two seasons he seems to have found some consistency.

pauk
12-22-2012, 10:51 PM
How the hell is Lebron gonna have a career year in 3pt shooting and then shoot like ass from the free throw line. I remember being irked by Wade's FT shooting over the years, but these last two seasons he seems to have found some consistency.

Shit dont make sense indeed, he is shooting very well from anywhere else... but, there are very many games to go, his FT% might balance itself, he always was a inconsistant FT shooter, one month he can go 90%, the next 60% and so on

plowking
12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Choosing one of the best teams in every sport seems bandwagony, even if you are not. Do you support any average/below-average teams by any chance? I am sure you may have a family relative or distant cousin that has worked in Washington or visited New York. :oldlol:

Chelsea were a middle of the table team when I started supporting them back in the 90's. Admittedly the 49ers were good when I started supporting them, but I only started watching football seriously 2 or 3 seasons ago. Can't even remember the Heat being good or bad when I started supporting them since I was too young.

Both my rugby and Aussie Rules Football teams are doing terribly over here not making the playoffs/finals, if that makes you feel any better? :oldlol:

Graviton
12-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Lebron woulda had the trip-dub with Bosh. Joel "Perkins'd" multiple wide open shots, not to mention he went for some rebounds Lebron could have gotten. Chris usually lets Bron grab the board while he crosses halfcourt.

Last 2 games Lebron had a near triple double with little effort, one game he sat for the 4th. This one he was passive in the first half.

PJR
There's not two players I'd want on my team more, going into a playoff series, than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

And they both play for the Heat. Feelsgoodman.

DaSeba5
Chelsea were a middle of the table team when I started supporting them back in the 90's. Admittedly the 49ers were good when I started supporting them, but I only started watching football seriously 2 or 3 seasons ago. Can't even remember the Heat being good or bad when I started supporting them since I was too young.

Both my rugby and Aussie Rules Football teams are doing terribly over here not making the playoffs/finals, if that makes you feel any better? :oldlol:

2-3 years ago the Niners were average and needed to fire Singletary, which they did and now they are SB contenders. They've had the talent the last couple of years to win a SB, they just needed consistent QB play and a good HC.

And the Heat have been consistently good for most of their history, making the playoffs most of the time. Not always championship contenders, but always a good defensive playoff team.

zizozain
Chelsea
49ers
Heat

:roll:

plowking
12-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Chelsea
49ers
Heat

Whats sad is, you've been following me and stalking me on here for about 4 years and now you're pretending to be clueless and act like I'm a bandwagon fan. :roll: :roll: :roll:

EDIT: Its even funnier coming from a non American "Lakers" fan.

UtahJazzFan88
12-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Just like I thought, Heat win with ease. Utah is stuck fiddling in mediocrity now for years to come, yay.

DaSeba5
12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Unless you became a Heat fan 2 years ago, then you aren't a bandwagon fan.

And unless you became a Niners fan when they hired Harbaugh, you aren't a bandwagon fan.

Faptastrophe
12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Just like I thought, Heat win with ease. Utah is stuck fiddling in mediocrity now for years to come, yay.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpzbojfGTU1qjvn2d.gif

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Chelsea
49ers
Heat

I believe he has been a heat fan for a while now even since he joined here by I wouldn't be talking if I were you :lol

AlonzoGOAT
12-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Unless you became a Heat fan 2 years ago, then you aren't a bandwagon fan.

And unless you became a Niners fan when they hired Harbaugh, you aren't a bandwagon fan.
Tomorrow the passing game could be ugly no bess again and injured hartline :cry:

Graviton
12-22-2012, 11:05 PM

Well then, sorry to have misjudged you.

I was a huge soccer nut, watched 02 World Cup when Brazil owned everyone with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Carlos and one other star veteran. Used to love Juventus, Roma, Arsenal with Henry, Totti. Started supporting Chelsea because of Lombard and the Russian owner I knew would not be cheap. But haven't watched much soccer for 5-7 years, ever since I discovered basketball I dropped soccer. Football/Baseball is obviously 49ers/Giants for me, Warriors when they move to San Francisco maybe.

plowking
12-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Well then, sorry to have misjudged you.

I was a huge soccer nut, watched 02 World Cup when Brazil owned everyone with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Carlos and one other star veteran. Used to love Juventus, Roma, Arsenal with Henry, Totti. Started supporting Chelsea because of Lombard and the Russian owner I knew would not be cheap. But haven't watched much soccer for 5-7 years, ever since I discovered basketball I dropped soccer. Football/Baseball is obviously 49ers/Giants for me, Warriors when they move to San Francisco maybe.

I'm a bigger soccer fan than basketball. Catch every Chelsea game. Not so the case with the Heat games, though catch a good 50 odd in a season. Even football now I'll catch a good 10-12 games of the season for the 49ers, since its on TV over here far more often than Heat games. They broadcast nearly every teams game here for the NFL.

Graviton
12-22-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm a bigger soccer fan than basketball. Catch every Chelsea game. Not so the case with the Heat games, though catch a good 50 odd in a season. Even football now I'll catch a good 10-12 games of the season for the 49ers, since its on TV over here far more often than Heat games. They broadcast nearly every teams game here for the NFL.
Soccer is damn boring to me after getting used to excitement of Basketball. Like I will watch my dad jump up after every "almost" goal and after 90 minutes it will be 0-0 lol. Soccer has like 10+ "missed dunk" type of moments that leave you disappointed. And I hate the fact individual impact is so small, no matter how bad an NBA team is, Lebron will get them to the playoffs, in soccer good players can't carry 10 people.

b4uc.23
12-22-2012, 11:32 PM
105-93 Heat win.

good call :rockon:

Hank
12-23-2012, 12:29 AM
There's not two players I'd want on my team more, going into a playoff series, than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

And they both play for the Heat. Feelsgoodman.

:pimp:

Hoopz2332
12-23-2012, 02:40 AM
30/9/7 55% fg on in 36 mins while coasting for Bron.

And it was just an average game for him, scary:oldlol:

All Net
12-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Miami's D looking like the championship level D again.

Xiao Yao You
12-23-2012, 08:59 AM
I hope the Jazz trade Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap for a better distributor / perimeter defense. Tandem of Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors are the obvious future in the paint and you always have to look for a way to sell high, once they get to play bigger minutes the value of Jefferson and Millsap will decrease.

Who is the distibutor going to distribute to? Favors certainly hasn't shown much offensive prowess yet.

That remains to be seen. They need some star power. Rather they have that in any of their young guys or can get it we'll found out.

30/9/7 55% fg on in 36 mins while coasting for Bron.

And it was just an average game for him, scary:oldlol:

Considering the Jazz suck defensively and on the road it's not that scary.