PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin is better than Felton

BMOGEFan
12-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Should have just paid the man his 7m a year average.

Mirko Cro Cop
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
5/19

:facepalm

AirTupac
12-25-2012, 07:28 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/r0r2ow.jpg

fiddy
no

Batz
Give the man a break! He was playing through a sprained right pinkie ffs! What a warrior! :applause:

Teanett
12-25-2012, 07:30 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/r0r2ow.jpg

brilliant play by nash.
scores on the first two possessions and has felton in chuck mode.
mind games by the master. game over.

Rowe
12-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Should have just paid the man his 7m a year average.
Better stats for 1/2 the price.

Give me Felton.

He has a big problem wanting to take every open jumpshot or drive every lane but he's still the Knicks best PG since Marbury and I can handle his poor shot selection.

The Nets
12-25-2012, 07:36 PM
One game...
:sleeping

Teanett
12-25-2012, 07:39 PM

Give me Felton.

He has a big problem wanting to take every open jumpshot or drive every lane but he's still the Knicks best PG since Marbury and I can handle his poor shot selection.

no way, felton's chucking and non-existing d is going to bite the knicks in the ass.

BMOGEFan
12-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Give me Felton.

Another box score reader huh...

go watch the games.

Did you see how felton ruins the flow of the offense?

Did you see how felton played defense, or lack thereof.

iDunk
12-25-2012, 08:01 PM
LOL, dude's playing through two bruised hands & now a sprained pinky. Lin's a bitch & overpaid.

DMV2
12-25-2012, 08:58 PM
One game...
:sleeping
2-0, both blow outs

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400277898
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278071

knickballer
12-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Tough to go against MacDaddy Nash, Felton went down like a freshman at prom today.

Rowe
12-25-2012, 09:15 PM
no way, felton's chucking and non-existing d is going to bite the knicks in the ass.
Thats where Shump comes in when he gets healthy.

Or did you forget?

We're not relying at all on Felton to do all that he has done to start this season, and he will settle into a role that will make it easier to pull him out if he has games like this.

heyhey
12-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I think lin is the better player and will be for many years. But Felton is the better fit for the knicks

Lin didn't jive chemistry wise with guys like Smith and maybe even Melo. It's melo's team and you want players that complement him both on and off the court.

I think the situation worked out pretty well for both sides. Don't understand why there's a contingent of knicks fans that seem hellbent on seeing Lin fail

1987_Lakers
12-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Lin to me seems to have better court vision, but Felton has him beat in almost every other category. Let's not forget Felton is playing with a couple of injuries to his hand right now.

Shepseskaf
12-25-2012, 11:02 PM
I think the situation worked out pretty well for both sides. Don't understand why there's a contingent of knicks fans that seem hellbent on seeing Lin fail
Try reading the OP. Notice who's making all the Felton-Lin threads. Its not Knicks fans. Its Lin fanboys who create them every time their hero has a decent game.

BlitzForce
12-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Lin to me seems to have better court vision, but Felton has him beat in almost every other category. Let's not forget Felton is playing with a couple of injuries to his hand right now.

Poor Felton hasn't been able to fap in a while :violin: :dancin

BMOGEFan
12-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Try reading the OP. Notice who's making all the Felton-Lin threads. Its not Knicks fans. Its Lin fanboys who create them every time their hero has a decent game.

you tool. I'm a laker fan. I'm not even a lin fanboy.

If you look at the time when the post was originally created, it was before lin went off.

It was when felton had a shitty game.

StateOfMind12
12-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Felton is a better shooter and that's it. Then again I'm talking to ISH posters.

http://i52.tinypic.com/wt93ic.jpg

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 12:09 AM
you tool. I'm a laker fan. I'm not even a lin fanboy.

If you look at the time when the post was originally created, it was before lin went off.

It was when felton had a shitty game.
STFU. So, Felton has a bad game, and that means the Knicks should have kept Lin?

Know what you're talking about before you post, and try to make sense.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 12:12 AM
STFU. So, Felton has a bad game, and that means the Knicks should have kept Lin?

To be fair, Felton has had more than a bad game...I understand not re-signing Lin, due to the way he went about his contract...but I certainly would prefer to have Lin.

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Lin is better than Felton, but Knicks made the right move signing Felton since he pretty much accepted a rookie contract.

Knicks are still trying to go after CP3 IMO because Melo and CP3 are butt-buddies.

knickscity
12-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Records is all I care about.

Felton is the starter on a team with one of the best records in the league, so far.

That's really all that matters.

There were quite a few pg's better than Derek Fisher too.

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 12:17 AM
To be fair, Felton has had more than a bad game...I understand not re-signing Lin, due to the way he went about his contract...but I certainly would prefer to have Lin.
The bottom line is that Felton's skillset is as more of a true pg than Lin's. That's what Felton needs to get back to, rather than engaging in one-on-one duels and trying to outscore people.

The Knicks need a true pg, not a combo guard with a high usage rate.

Lin is definitely playing better of late, but he wouldn't mesh with this current Knicks roster. Felton is a better fit, but just needs to play his proper role.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 12:20 AM
The bottom line is that Felton's skillset is as more of a true pg than Lin's. That's what Felton needs to get back to, rather than engaging in one-on-one duels and trying to outscore people.

The Knicks need a true pg, not a combo guard with a high usage rate.

Lin is definitely playing better of late, but he wouldn't mesh with this current Knicks roster. Felton is a better fit, but just needs to play his proper role.

The Knicks have the truest of PG's. Lin would be fine. I think Lin would mesh. It's the Melo combination that I'd be worried about.

knickscity
12-26-2012, 12:23 AM
The Knicks have the truest of PG's. Lin would be fine. I think Lin would mesh. It's the Melo combination that I'd be worried about.
So if he would have issues with a player having an MVP type season that should tell you alot.

I have no issue with Lin, but he didn't fit here, the players all made that known.

Even his future mentor said it.

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 12:25 AM
That's the problem. Lin needs the ball in his hands too much, and it was taking away from Melo's game.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 12:27 AM
So if he would have issues with a player having an MVP type season that should tell you alot.

I have no issue with Lin, but he didn't fit here, the players all made that known.

Even his future mentor said it.

Who made that known?

Lin had no problem fitting well with Anthony...the worry was Anthony with Lin...just cuz Anthony is better doesn't mean it the relationship should be a one way street.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 12:28 AM
That's the problem. Lin needs the ball in his hands too much, and it was taking away from Melo's game.

I'm not saying I'm sure it would work as well with Lin...but if I could have Lin for Felton right now, then I would.

knickscity
12-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Who made that known?

Lin had no problem fitting well with Anthony...the worry was Anthony with Lin...just cuz Anthony is better doesn't mean it the relationship should be a one way street.
Everyone on the team at that time made it known, and looking at the way the team is built is completely around Melo, thus the season he is having.

I hope you're not suggesting melo defer to Lin?

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm not saying I'm sure it would work as well with Lin...but if I could have Lin for Felton right now, then I would.
Lin simply wouldn't work in NY -- for a variety of reasons. Things like this are determined by more than just a player's skills on paper.

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Some of you guys have short term memory issues.

Lin was doin fine with melo and even amare back when he was with the Knicks. People only thought he wasn't doing so good because his numbers were down from Linsanity but that was to be expected.

But go back and look at his game log. His stats were fine. The Knicks weren't winning but that Knicks team was barely playing together at the same time due to various injuries and jr smith had just joined them.

Lin is a good point guard. I think he would have been fine in New York. He isn't the shooter Felton is but he's a way better passer and facilitator and he gets to the rim at will which means defenses have to collapse more. How did Novak have so many wide open threes?

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Some of you guys have short term memory issues.
Apparently, so have you. Did you miss the comments that were made about Lin from the Knicks locker room?

It wouldn't have worked.

TheAesirsFinest
12-26-2012, 12:37 AM
There's really no need to beat a dead horse. Both teams are looking great (despite the Knicks' current dip); let's just focus on the future.

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Apparently, so have you. Did you miss the comments that were made about Lin from the Knicks locker room?

It wouldn't have worked.

What comments? I haven't heard anything negative about Lin from the Knicks.

If you're referring to them saying Felton is a better fit...WTF do you expect them to say? That they miss Lin?

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 12:45 AM

If you're referring to them saying Felton is a better fit...WTF do you expect them to say? That they miss Lin?
Do some research, dude. I don't have the time to find links for you. And no, I'm not referring to anything involving Felton.

knickscity
12-26-2012, 12:46 AM

From players directly talking about his contract(Melo, Amare), to endorsing Nash before free agency began (Amare), to the guy who benefited most justifying the response (Novak) to one player saying his presence would be a problem in the locker room(JR).

To even Tyson stating Lin wasn't ready.

Even his "mentor" admitting he was a work in progress.

There was too much chatter, he wasn't gonna do well here, not with this group.

Scoooter
12-26-2012, 12:49 AM
JR was trashing Lin's contract before he had even signed it. The Knicks are all class, as far as organizations go.

InfiniteBaskets
12-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Felton's playing similar to how Lin was playing after Melo and Amare came back last season. In the sense that he's working off the pick and roll with Chandler all the time and looking to either shoot or lob to Chandler. It's not his fault that nobody else on the Lakers helped from the perimeter to leave Melo/Novak/JR open from 3.

The Lakers and Dwight Howard especially did a good job on defending the pick and roll with the threat of the lob. When you have two guys being able to stop the pick and roll without committing from the weakside, then the Knicks' main gameplan is useless and they have to resort to Iso Anthony or Iso JR Smith + defense and transition baskets which wasn't enough to get them the win today.

I don't think Jeremy Lin would've have made that much of a difference had he played in Felton's place.

pnyozzzoo
12-26-2012, 12:56 AM
From players directly talking about his contract(Melo, Amare), to endorsing Nash before free agency began (Amare), to the guy who benefited most justifying the response (Novak) to one player saying his presence would be a problem in the locker room(JR).

To even Tyson stating Lin wasn't ready.

Even his "mentor" admitting he was a work in progress.

There was too much chatter, he wasn't gonna do well here, not with this group.
But you you think about it, all those Comments happen after Knicks refuse to give him an offer and ask him to get his own and match, and houston gives one they are not gonna swallow.

What do you expect Knicks player to say when they know Dolan not gonna match his offer(by dodging rocket offer sheet in Vegas hotel and play hide and seek, buying time to find an alt oh I remember) They are knicks players they gonna say stuff for their team, their future teammates and not their ex teammate.

I thought Chandler Kidd and Novak was politically correct, Melo slip the word Ridiculous and later he try to clear it up and say their friends and he means the hoopla not the money. And JR, well Jr says whatever he wants to say.

I mean its just standard political stuff when an ex player is gone, except this one has too much media attention.

pnyozzzoo
12-26-2012, 01:02 AM
I don't think Jeremy Lin would've have made that much of a difference had he played in Felton's place.

I agree, Knicks went all in on built a Melo team (as it should) the team is doing great but it relies on a very fragile chemistry and 2 key components, Hard defense and lots 3, if one of the 2 is missing its gonna be a long night.

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Do some research, dude. I don't have the time to find links for you. And no, I'm not referring to anything involving Felton.

For future reference, the next time you make references to comments made by players the onus is on YOU to cite the references.

Anyways, it doesn't change a thing. Knicks members were just saying the "right" to say or talking about his big contract.

If Lin had remained in NY everyone from top to bottom would be singing his praises talking about he is a pivotal piece of their team, etc etc.

People can say whatever but actions speak louder than words and Lin was playing well with everyone on the knicks until he went out with injury.

yeaaaman
12-26-2012, 01:38 AM
All I know is Lin seems like he's starting to figure out playing with harden. He's strung together some real solid games.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 02:02 AM
But you you think about it, all those Comments happen after Knicks refuse to give him an offer and ask him to get his own and match, and houston gives one they are not gonna swallow.

What do you expect Knicks player to say when they know Dolan not gonna match his offer(by dodging rocket offer sheet in Vegas hotel and play hide and seek, buying time to find an alt oh I remember) They are knicks players they gonna say stuff for their team, their future teammates and not their ex teammate.

I thought Chandler Kidd and Novak was politically correct, Melo slip the word Ridiculous and later he try to clear it up and say their friends and he means the hoopla not the money. And JR, well Jr says whatever he wants to say.

I mean its just standard political stuff when an ex player is gone, except this one has too much media attention.

I agree with this, completely.

With that said, I can see how Lin might not have fit well...but like I said, if I could just plug him in for Felton right now...

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 07:08 AM
For future reference, the next time you make references to comments made by players the onus is on YOU to cite the references.
Actually, in this case the onus is on you, as a supposedly informed poster, to try and get your facts straight in a given situation.

You stated that you hadn't "heard anything negative about Lin from the Knicks". There were a number of negative things said about him that played out very prominently in the media and were discussed in several threads. It was common knowledge to anyone following the story, so in the future step your game up and don't wait for other people to fill you in.

Teanett
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
why wouldnt lin fit with the knicks?
his record with woodson/melo/amar'e last year was pretty good, 18-7 i think?

and yes he would've made a difference. he wouldnt take 19 mostly bad shots with melo and jr on the floor.

novak hasnt gotten any looks lately. why? because good bigs like noah and chandler dont respect his drives.
lin is much better at attacking the rim and finishing in traffic.

niko
12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
why wouldnt lin fit with the knicks?
his record with woodson/melo/amar'e last year was pretty good, 18-7 i think?

and yes he would've made a difference. he wouldnt take 19 mostly bad shots with melo and jr on the floor.

novak hasnt gotten any looks lately. why? because good bigs like noah and chandler dont respect his drives.
lin is much better at attacking the rim and finishing in traffic.
Lin wouldn't fit, he needs a free flowing offense. He doesn't set up people well to start their own offense, he sets up cutters well, and spot shooters, but he looked lost trying to get Melo in his offensive position. The Knicks don't want to run, Lin needs to play quickly. He also wants the ball in his hands more. Basically, do you look at the Knicks and think Melo, JR and Kidd having the ball less would offset a Lin upgrade over Felton? I don't.

The Rockets offense and the Knicks offense are completely different.

Teanett
12-26-2012, 12:22 PM

The Rockets offense and the Knicks offense are completely different.
:biggums:
bah. bullshit.
what did felton say after they lost to the rockets... "we got a taste of our own medicine."

what was linsanity? d'antoni's system: spread the floor, high pick'nroll with three shooters.
what does woodson play? spread the floor, high pick'n'roll with three shooters or work through melo.
what do the rockets play? spread the floor, high pick'n'roll or work through harden.
i think you are stupid.
i think you know nothing about basketball.

spiegel
12-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Lin>>>>Felton

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Actually, in this case the onus is on you, as a supposedly informed poster, to try and get your facts straight in a given situation.

You stated that you hadn't "heard anything negative about Lin from the Knicks". There were a number of negative things said about him that played out very prominently in the media and were discussed in several threads. It was common knowledge to anyone following the story, so in the future step your game up and don't wait for other people to fill you in.

And STILL you choose to cherry pick your comments.

See...YOU base your arguments on some politically correct words spoken after a player had already left an organization. *I*, on the other hand, choose to go with actual evidence. Evidence showing that Lin put up good numbers with relatively the same Knicks team, even though said Knicks team was playing HORRIBLY prior to Lin's emergence and was probably not even going to make the playoffs.

So let's recap:

You - "so and so" said "so and so"
Me - Actual games played.

But, I'm sure you'll just reply with more uncited, unquoted, and unverifiable BS about how the Knicks fan of the month for December put up a youtube video stating how Lin wasn't a good fit and you'll rest your entire argument on that.

SCREWstonRockets
12-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Lin doesn't fit with the Knicks because Melo's ego doesn't mesh well with Lin. Lin getting all the love and attention was messing with Melo's game.

niko
12-26-2012, 12:42 PM
bah. bullshit.
what did felton say after they lost to the rockets... "we got a taste of our own medicine."

what was linsanity? d'antoni's system: spread the floor, high pick'nroll with three shooters.
what does woodson play? spread the floor, high pick'n'roll with three shooters or work through melo.
what do the rockets play? spread the floor, high pick'n'roll or work through harden.
i think you are stupid.
Wow you are super butthurt. Lin is playing well, in a system that is at a fast pace and looks nothing like what the Knicks are doing. Melo and Harden's games are totally different. And we are playing a two pg system that has Felton playing with Kidd.

Basically we look good, everything is running fine, and Felton is the anti Lin and you want Lin. That makes no ****ing sense.

I'm in no way arguing Lin is not bettter, i think he is watching him lately. But he was a shitty fit. Do you think all the Knicks are not unhappy he left for no reason?

niko
12-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Knicks look like a much better team this year without Lin than with Lin. We are more cohesive, have better chemistry, and better ball movement. I can't believe people want to argue we need Lin back. Why? He's just fine in Houston, and i hate to break it to everyone HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE IN NY. He doesn't like the pressure, he doesn't like the attention, he doesn't like fitting into what Woodson wanted him to do.

:D Lin: IM SO HAPPY IN HOUSTON. AND I GOT MORE MONEY! YAH!
:cry: BUTTHURT FANS - HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED! EVIL KNICKS! HE'S NOT GETTING ENOUGH ATTENTION SO I CAN LIVE THROUGH HIM!

Teanett
12-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow you are super butthurt. Lin is playing well, in a system that is at a fast pace and looks nothing like what the Knicks are doing. Melo and Harden's games are totally different. And we are playing a two pg system that has Felton playing with Kidd.

Basically we look good, everything is running fine, and Felton is the anti Lin and you want Lin. That makes no ****ing sense.

I'm in no way arguing Lin is not bettter, i think he is watching him lately. But he was a shitty fit. Do you think all the Knicks are not unhappy he left for no reason?

hahaha.
two point guard system? hahaha.
there's two point guards but only one is playing point guard. the other on is a spot up shooter.

melo and harden are totally different? hahaha.
sure but one thing is the same; you give them the ball and they'll either score or create for their teammates.
hahaha.
you think lin cant give melo the ball? ahahahaha.

who invented steve novak?

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 12:51 PM
:wtf:
Knicks look like a much better team this year without Lin than with Lin. We are more cohesive, have better chemistry, and better ball movement. I can't believe people want to argue we need Lin back. Why? He's just fine in Houston, and i hate to break it to everyone HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE IN NY. He doesn't like the pressure, he doesn't like the attention, he doesn't like fitting into what Woodson wanted him to do.

:D Lin: IM SO HAPPY IN HOUSTON. AND I GOT MORE MONEY! YAH!
:cry: BUTTHURT FANS - HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED! EVIL KNICKS! HE'S NOT GETTING ENOUGH ATTENTION SO I CAN LIVE THROUGH HIM!

Knicks ARE playing better now...but I think it has to do more with Amare being out than the Lin vs Felton argument. Melo is the difference this year, plus JR Smith is finding his role (remember he barely joined in the Knicks in the middle of Lin's emergence earlier this year).

My argument, and I think others as well, is that you could swap Lin with Felton and the Knicks would be as effective, not less.

Let's see how well the Knicks play when Amare comes back and he's clogging the post with Melo, not boxing his man out and playing matador defense.

niko
12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
:wtf:

Knicks ARE playing better now...but I think it has to do more with Amare being out than the Lin vs Felton argument. Melo is the difference this year, plus JR Smith is finding his role (remember he barely joined in the Knicks in the middle of Lin's emergence earlier this year).

My argument, and I think others as well, is that you could swap Lin with Felton and the Knicks would be as effective, not less.

Let's see how well the Knicks play when Amare comes back and he's clogging the post with Melo, not boxing his man out and playing matador defense.
Nothing about Lin's game last year or this makes me agree with that. He needs the ball to much. That['s not a criticism, that's just factual. The Knicks game is predicated on the guards giving the ball up to others to create and everyone start the ball moving, not creating themselves. For all of Felton's faults he doesn't need the ball as much as Lin. And he's a better defender. We would also be weaking a defensive position. And when Kidd takes over late, Lin would be in the "i'm standing here wondering what to do" role that was killing him early on.

People can't seem to grasp (even Felton supporters) that the Knicks are better without Lin due to fit, not talent.

spiegel
12-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Lin is happy in Houston and we are glad he came back and Knicks are happy with there team. Time to move on. Gees this is getting tiersom

STATUTORY
12-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Nothing about Lin's game last year or this makes me agree with that. He needs the ball to much. That['s not a criticism, that's just factual. The Knicks game is predicated on the guards giving the ball up to others to create and everyone start the ball moving, not creating themselves. For all of Felton's faults he doesn't need the ball as much as Lin. And he's a better defender. We would also be weaking a defensive position. And when Kidd takes over late, Lin would be in the "i'm standing here wondering what to do" role that was killing him early on.

People can't seem to grasp (even Felton supporters) that the Knicks are better without Lin due to fit, not talent.

I don't think that's true. none of the advanced defensive stats bear that out. and felton takes a lot of shots and play hero ball way too much so he's not exactly what you describe him to be.

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
And STILL you choose to cherry pick your comments.

See...YOU base your arguments on some politically correct words spoken after a player had already left an organization. *I*, on the other hand, choose to go with actual evidence. Evidence showing that Lin put up good numbers with relatively the same Knicks team, even though said Knicks team was playing HORRIBLY prior to Lin's emergence and was probably not even going to make the playoffs.

So let's recap:

You - "so and so" said "so and so"
Me - Actual games played.

But, I'm sure you'll just reply with more uncited, unquoted, and unverifiable BS about how the Knicks fan of the month for December put up a youtube video stating how Lin wasn't a good fit and you'll rest your entire argument on that.

New personal posting policy. Ignore idiots.

Teanett
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
N For all of Felton's faults he doesn't need the ball as much as Lin. And he's a better defender.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 01:05 PM

New personal posting policy. Ignore idiots.

Why do that? You'd miss out on all those wonderful conversations you have with yourself.

Shepseskaf
12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think that's true. none of the advanced defensive stats bear that out. and felton takes a lot of shots and play hero ball way too much so he's not exactly what you describe him to be.
Stats don't always tell the true story. Lin has definitely improved his on-the-ball defense, but he still has trouble staying in front of very quick guards. Felton has more lateral quickness.

No argument that Felton has to play better. He's taking way too many shots and his decision-making -- especilly down the stretch -- hasn't been the best.

All that being said, he's still a better fit for the Knicks than Lin.

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Stats don't always tell the true story. Lin has definitely improved his on-the-ball defense, but he still has trouble staying in front of very quick guards. Felton has more lateral quickness.

No argument that Felton has to play better. He's taking way too many shots and his decision-making -- especilly down the stretch -- hasn't been the best.

All that being said, he's still a better fit for the Knicks than Lin.

Stats don't always tell the whole story...but random dudes in a locker room DO!

shoops
12-26-2012, 01:12 PM
While I personally kind of suspect Lin might've had locker issues with someone like JR who was annoyed at his contract, I'm not really too sold on Lin as being a worse fit than Felton, considering the level of upheaval the Knicks roster underwent, there are just too many changes/factors for any certainty, though the changes were obviously positive on the whole. Amare out, having Kidd and Brewer and other vets, etc etc. That said I don't really think Felton is a bad fit for the Knicks or anything, but I don't think Lin would fare worse on the Knicks considering that he played decent when Melo came back.

heyhey
12-26-2012, 01:21 PM
While I personally kind of suspect Lin might've had locker issues with someone like JR who was annoyed at his contract, I'm not really too sold on Lin as being a worse fit than Felton, considering the level of upheaval the Knicks roster underwent, there are just too many changes/factors for any certainty, though the changes were obviously positive on the whole. Amare out, having Kidd and Brewer and other vets, etc etc. That said I don't really think Felton is a bad fit for the Knicks or anything, but I don't think Lin would fare worse on the Knicks considering that he played decent when Melo came back.

fit is about more than just the action on the court. It seemed to me from the comments of the knicks players that there was some resentment to Lin and definite compatibility issues. So better for both parties to end that relationship.

I think the main reason for Knicks resurgence this year is an attitude change from Melo and JR more than anything else, who knows if they would be putting in that extra effort if they were indeed disgruntled with Lin's contract

shoops
12-26-2012, 01:29 PM
fit is about more than just the action on the court. It seemed to me from the comments of the knicks players that there was some resentment to Lin and definite compatibility issues. So better for both parties to end that relationship.

I think the main reason for Knicks resurgence this year is an attitude change from Melo and JR more than anything else, who knows if they would be putting in that extra effort if they were indeed disgruntled with Lin's contract
Yeah but it felt like really only JR seemed to take issue with it, the odd man on the team with a larger ego and small contract. Melo was probably more uncomfortable by added pressure on him by the media, but as for the contract, he's making plenty of bank and it's unlikely he would've really cared. Dunno... It's all over now anyways I guess. Melo is certainly playing with a better attitude this season though.

niko
12-26-2012, 01:39 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You're just trolling or one of these people who gets a hard on because Lin's asian if you disagree with either of those posts, sorry...

pnyozzzoo
12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah but it felt like really only JR seemed to take issue with it, the odd man on the team with a larger ego and small contract. Melo was probably more uncomfortable by added pressure on him by the media, but as for the contract, he's making plenty of bank and it's unlikely he would've really cared. Dunno... It's all over now anyways I guess. Melo is certainly playing with a better attitude this season though.
JR fcuked himself over into the situation signing what 4 years 1+mil per year deal. With his talent of course that's a terrible contract.

But he does not have a brain, so that's that. If he does have a brain then he prob not only having a better contract than Lin. but also can be a healthier Ginobili.

And he blames that on Lin, damn talking about brain-dead.

Teanett
12-26-2012, 01:44 PM
You're just trolling or one of these people who gets a hard on because Lin's asian if you disagree with either of those posts, sorry...

no way man.
watch them play. felton has the ball all the time and doesnt play d for shit.
he always loses his matchup.
felton averages 16.4 field goal attempts a game and you want to tell me he doesnt need the ball in his hands???

fukk outta here b!tch!

niko
12-26-2012, 01:44 PM
no way man.
watch them play. felton has the ball all the time and doesnt play d for shit.
he always loses his matchup.
felton averages 16.4 field goal attempts a game and you want to tell me he doesnt need the ball in his hands???

fukk outta here b!tch!
You're just trolling, i didn't realize that was your MO.

KungFuJoe
12-26-2012, 01:53 PM

While his approach is questionable, I agree with most of what he's saying.

Felton is highly inefficient, not that great a defender, and his impact is very low. The Knicks do well regardless of how he plays. Also, he's shown that he cares more about himself than the team, as when he put the Lin match up as his highest priority in their last game.

He is a better jump shooter and a bit more "stable"...and I'm not sure that stability is even a good thing. For all of Lin's mistakes, he is a highly energetic player and a big IMPACT player. When Lin does well, the Rockets win. They are undefeated when he scores 16 or more points (except for the Spurs game when Harden was out and they still ALMOST won) The Knicks win/lose regardless of how Felton plays.

GMAC
12-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Lin is pretty much better than Felton in every aspect of the game. The biggest difference is that Felton has been in the league for eight years and Lin has around 50 starts under his belt. After starting off well this season, Felton has slowly regressed to his mean. You know what you're going to get with Felton.

Lin has only been getting better and better. Any Knick fan who thinks the team is better off without Lin is just butthurt or delusional. Or both.

plUto or bUst
12-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I think Felton's impact on the Knicks is a little overstated. I think they would do fine without Felton. Melo and JR would get more shots and Kidd and Prigioni would probably take more playmaking responsibilities (passing the ball to Melo, occasional pick and roll), which they are more than capable of.

Knicks would be more screwed if they lose Kidd. Kidd is the stabilizing influence on the team.

FKAri
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Felton's a better fit cuz of his shooting and off the ball ability. But I enjoy watching Lin more plus I've always felt he was a better player than Felton. Though at the start of this season I was questioning that.

Teanett
12-26-2012, 02:44 PM

says someone who states felton doesnt need the ball like lin...

watch the games man. lin and harden have a play where they do the p'n'r, defenders switch, harden has a mismatch, lin gives harden the ball and gets the fukk outta there.... super simple, effective basketball.
why can't felton do that with melo? :confusedshrug:
could it be because he's a chucker and thinks he's better than he is?

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 03:55 PM
bah. bullshit.

i think you are stupid.

Comments like this are making you sound very stupid and delusional. Knick fans may be a little ridiculous in the way they've discarded Lin (and it's happened) but posts like this...now he doesn't know anything about basketball? You've being very basic so I wouldn't go there.

Teanett
12-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Comments like this are making you sound very stupid and delusional. Knick fans may be a little ridiculous in the way they've discarded Lin (and it's happened) but posts like this...now he doesn't know anything about basketball? You've being very basic so I wouldn't go there.

ah yes, you two are fukkbuddies or what?
concentrate on the basketball content of her posts, it's totally wrong.
you can get my point when you watch the games and the even stats say the same.
but if she has to base her argeument on a hypothetical hogwash term like "fit" without tactical or statistical basis, she sounds like an opinionated little girl.

2LeTTeRS
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
JR fcuked himself over into the situation signing what 4 years 1+mil per year deal. With his talent of course that's a terrible contract.

But he does not have a brain, so that's that. If he does have a brain then he prob not only having a better contract than Lin. but also can be a healthier Ginobili.

And he blames that on Lin, damn talking about brain-dead.

What are you talking about? JR Smith signed a contract this summer that pays him $2,806,452 this season and allows him to be a free agent in July or receive $2,932,742 from the Knicks. Not sure where you got that he signed a cotnract that is "4 years 1+mil per."

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
ah yes, you two are fukkbuddies or what?
concentrate on the basketball content of her posts, it's totally wrong.
you can get my point when you watch the games and the even stats say the same.
but if she has to base her argeument on a hypothetical hogwash term like "fit" without tactical or statistical basis, she sounds like an opinionated little girl.

I mean, you're resorting to calling him "her". I agree with a decent amount of your points and I think niko is wrong in his Lin perspective. I think Lin would be the better solution, long-term, for this team...but I also don't know that the team would have started out as strong with Lin, or that they would have had a long-term without the way they started.

But you're resorting to "you don't know basketball" the second he disagrees with you. You're making some basic points, but the offenses are not at all similar. I think Lin would be more than capable -as a basketball player- to play in this system, as Jason Kidd is on the team...but that point right there calls into question you acting like "fit" doesn't apply in sports. It absolutely does. For better or worse, it has a place and teams can do well or not based on fit. If you don't recognize that (and that's up to you if you do) then you wouldn't know basketball.

Now, I figure you must get that. Whether or not you want to acknowledge it is up to you. I'm not like most Knick fans. I'm not jumping for joy at the start and drawing conclusions on that basis. I'm jumping for joy with the team tho. I can still look back and wonder if Lin would work and I can think that -at least if he joined now- it would work. That, in basketball terms, he fits on this team, considering Jason Kidd is there...I also think that a healthy Shumpert would give the Knicks a legitimate basis for Jeremy Lin coming off the bench for Jason Kidd and working with Prigioni. That's what I was hoping for. Shumpert is not healthy tho and that hurts...regardless, your posts have been more exaggerated than the Knick fans who shrug off Jeremy.

upside24
12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Felton has a tendency to pound the ball way too much and take too many shots even though his pick and roll with Tyson is great.

Kidd needs to tell him to chill out and move the ball around instead of wasting all of the clock dribbling around like he is Steve Nash.

Lin may be better than Felton since in the last 4 games he has really improved his play. Though in the Chicago game last night the defense was atrocious.

Rubio2Gasol
12-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Main difference is that D Antoni was adamant that Melo should play pick and roll at the top of the key when and if they work him in. No post ups, no angled isos.

Basically no room for Melo to be Melo.

Harden is still playing his own game.

Apart from that Houton is running much much more than New York does, and that was also a problem under D Antoni.

R.I.P
12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Felton has a tendency to pound the ball way too much and take too many shots even though his pick and roll with Tyson is great.

Kidd needs to tell him to chill out and move the ball around instead of wasting all of the clock dribbling around like he is Steve Nash.

Lin may be better than Felton since in the last 4 games he has really improved his play. Though in the Chicago game last night the defense was atrocious.

But Woody already told him to keep shooting :facepalm

Teanett
12-27-2012, 02:13 AM
But you're resorting to "you don't know basketball" the second he disagrees with you. You're making some basic points, but the offenses are not at all similar. I think Lin would be more than capable -as a basketball player- to play in this system, as Jason Kidd is on the team...but that point right there calls into question you acting like "fit" doesn't apply in sports. It absolutely does. For better or worse, it has a place and teams can do well or not based on fit. If you don't recognize that (and that's up to you if you do) then you wouldn't know basketball.

i'm not saying "fit" doesnt apply in sports.
i'm saying wether or not felton is a better "fit" than lin is complete assumption.
the woodson/lin/melo/amare combo went 8-1.
i don't have to assume that lin can play with melo and chandler. i've seen it. we've all fukkin seen it.
felton's a better fit niko's ass.

Teanett
12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
hopefully this finger injury is the cause of raymond's recent shitty play and he can return to his strong play of november.
but one thing i don't get: if you got a hurt hand, why do you keep chucking?