PDA

View Full Version : remember when people said dwight howard was better than kobe bryant?

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:23 AM
:lol

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Yea I remember when people were right, kind of rare though.

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Yea I remember when people were right, kind of rare though.

so you're saying they were right in saying dwight is better?

howards the 3rd best player on the lakers lol

kobe and nash are so much better at making plays. howard is just a defender who catches a lob a few times a game lol

ron artest is gaining on that 3rd most important laker title right now lol

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:30 AM
so you're saying they were right in saying dwight is better?

Yea.

Basketball is beyond scoring but I wouldn't expect a Kobe fan to know considering how Kobe just stands there and guards the opposing team's worst defender just so he can conserve energy to hoist up stupid shots on the other end.

Dwight impacts the game on all facets, defense, rebounding, scoring, etc. Kobe does not anymore. He is past his prime and just a one-dimensional player.

SpecialQue
12-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I remember. Those dumbasses! :lol

longtime lurker
12-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Yea.

Basketball is beyond scoring but I wouldn't expect a Kobe fan to know considering how Kobe just stands there and guards the opposing team's worst defender just so he can conserve energy to hoist up stupid shots on the other end.

Dwight impacts the game on all facets, defense, rebounding, scoring, etc. Kobe does not anymore. He is past his prime and just a one-dimensional player.

:roll: :roll: :roll: my God you're stupid. I see that you haven't watched a single Lakers game this year.

I<3NBA
12-26-2012, 01:35 AM
yeah, that was before the injury. i remember that.

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Yea.

you do realise the lakers have been one of the worst defensive teams this year right? howard doesnt communicate on defense like garnett does. he doesnt help his team mates. he just goes for wild blocks all the time and doesnt think about his own man half the time.

his defense is good. but the lakers arnt a defensive team. theyre a straight up offensive unit with an offensive coach

how on earth could howard be better for the team than the 2-3 guys creating all the shots for themselves and others

howard cant dribble, he cant shoot, he cant pass... he has limited offensive moves

hes overrated. always has been. he's a good defensive role player.

kobe, nash and metta run the lakers

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:37 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: my God you're stupid. I see that you haven't watched a single Lakers game this year.
Sample size is weak, the comparison for the past two years hasn't even been close. Dwight was better and by a lot. Dwight is not even 100% recovered from the injury and he still makes more of an impact than Kobe does. Enough said, when Dwight is 100%, the debate won't even be close and Kobe fans will start to root against Dwight again.

Heavincent
12-26-2012, 01:38 AM
I think only a few people truly believed that.

Howard is playing the sidekick role and he knows it.

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:38 AM
you do realise the lakers have been one of the worst defensive teams this year right? howard doesnt communicate on defense like garnett does. he doesnt help his team mates. he just goes for wild blocks all the time and doesnt think about his own man half the time.

his defense is good. but the lakers arnt a defensive team. theyre a straight up offensive unit with an offensive coach

how on earth could howard be better for the team than the 2-3 guys creating all the shots for themselves and others

howard cant dribble, he cant shoot, he cant pass... he has limited offensive moves

hes overrated. always has been. he's a good defensive role player.

kobe, nash and metta run the lakers
lol at this.

Lakers defense has been trash because of their perimeter defenders specifically this one guy named Kobe. Kobe guards the opposing team's worst offensive player and he still gets owned, he is that bad on defense these days.

Again, I like how you ignore every facet of the game except scoring, I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that that's the only thing Kobe is good at. :rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:39 AM
give howard the ball and tell him to go the work

what happens

sweet f*ck all

he is entirely dependent on others to make him look good on offense

he's a joke

offense isnt just the ability to score btw. howard cant pass either. he cant even catch the ball lol

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:41 AM
give howard the ball and tell him to go the work

what happens

sweet f*ck all

he is entirely dependent on others to make him look good on offense

he's a joke

offense isnt just the ability to score btw. howard cant pass either. he cant even catch the ball lol
So a guy that has averaged 20-25 ppg in the last 5 years can't score and can't catch the ball? What should I expect from him when he can?

BallsOut
12-26-2012, 01:42 AM
Remember when RocketGreatness went on suicide watch the moment Kobe stepped on Yao's foot and ended his career? Apparently he still hasn't moved on from that incident.

Remember when RocketGreatness wasn't a troll? Oh wait, he was always a troll. :lol

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:43 AM
trade howard in the offseason for a ton of role players. fill the bench top to bottom

move gasol to center. put metta at pf ( go with the new wave of sf's playing pf, ala durant, melo, lebron )

gasol finally gets to be an offensive post player again

bring in athletic role players to work with nash on p'n'r

and just like gortat. he can make a bum look like a god. so why pay another big man 20 mill anyway

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:44 AM
trade howard in the offseason for a ton of role players. fill the bench top to bottom

move gasol to center. put metta at pf ( go with the new wave of sf's playing pf, ala durant, melo, lebron )

gasol finally gets to be an offensive post player again

bring in athletic role players to work with nash on p'n'r

and just like gortat. he can make a bum look like a god. so why pay another big man 20 mill anyway
He's a FA in the off-season, let him walk if you want him to go. Of course only Kobe fans want that because they want Kobe to be the alpha on the team, when in reality Kobe can't carry anymore.

Heavincent
12-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Howard is pretty much a supremely athletic version of Kwame Brown.

- Can't catch or handle the ball for crap.
- Lack of basic fundamentals (Dwight's athleticism helps him out a lot while Kwame has the athleticism of a turtle)

I know it sounds ridiculous, but Dwight honestly has no grasp on a lot of basic fundamentals. His foot work is sloppy as shit, he can't catch or handle the ball, he has like 2 post moves, and his FT shooting is piss poor. He's the one "superstar" that relies almost solely on athleticism. And lets not forget how incredibly weak of an era it is for centers. Put Howard in the 90's and he'd get shit on.

longtime lurker
12-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Sample size is weak, the comparison for the past two years hasn't even been close. Dwight was better and by a lot. Dwight is not even 100% recovered from the injury and he still makes more of an impact than Kobe does. Enough said, when Dwight is 100%, the debate won't even be close and Kobe fans will start to root against Dwight again.

Whatever you say chief. :roll: serious question though.....

Why so butthurt?

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:48 AM
He's a FA in the off-season, let him walk if you want him to go. Of course only Kobe fans want that because they want Kobe to be the alpha on the team, when in reality Kobe can't carry anymore.

lol da fuq hes averaging 30/5/5 on 47%/39%/87%

hes doing just fine as the main player. the only way a top dog can get respect is if others do their job.

since when do we blame kobe for putting up legendary stats instead of guys like gasol or the bench for underperforming?

only guys really stepping up this year are kobe and metta.

howards a shell of what he once was too... and that small headed clown already had allot of holes in his game before his regression

longtime lurker
12-26-2012, 01:49 AM

I'm seriously trying to figure out how you're still in green bars.

kennethgriffin
how can anyone hate on kobe this year. hes having his 3rd or 4th best season in his entire career lol

:oldlol:

howard and gasol are having their worst

Heavincent
I'm seriously trying to figure out how you're still in green bars.

He reps himself with all of his alts.

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:50 AM
lol da fuq hes averaging 30/5/5 on 47%/39%/87%

hes doing just fine as the main player. the only way a top dog can get respect is if others do their job.

since when do we blame kobe for putting up legendary stats instead of guys like gasol or the bench for underperforming?

only guys really stepping up this year are kobe and metta.

howards a shell of what he once was too... and that small headed clown already had allot of holes in his game before his regression
best player and they are .500, or does being .500 only work against Dwight, but not Kobe?

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:52 AM
best player and they are .500, or does being .500 only work against Dwight, but not Kobe?

so you blame the guy whos playing great and not the guys who are having their worst seasons ever?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:biggums:

its kobes fault.

30 points on great efficiency is not good enough!

5 reb and 5 ast isnt enough for a sg either!

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:54 AM
so you blame the guy whos playing great and not the guys who are having their worst seasons ever?

You said Lakers defense has been trash, main reason for that is Kobe. He guards the team's worst defender and he still gets owned. He might be the worst defender in the league.

Kobe puts up empty stats, Lakers will go as far as Dwight takes them. Go ahead and let walk out of LA. I would love to see that happen. :oldlol:

ihoopallday
12-26-2012, 01:54 AM
The two are teammates. Who cares which one is better. They all have one common goal which is to win a championship.

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:55 AM
kobe scores 30 on 50%

makes all 10 ft's

howard scores 15 on 50%

but misses 10 out of 15 ft's

lakers lose by 5

its kobes fault!

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 01:56 AM
kobe scores 30 on 50%

makes all 10 ft's

howard scores 15 on 50%

but misses 10 out of 15 ft's

lakers lose by 5

its kobes fault!
Kobe gives up 30 points on the other end. Dwight gives up 10 points on the other end.

Kobe's net points = 0
Dwight's net points = 5

Dwight wins

Next.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 01:56 AM
What is the point of banning someone only to let him come back every few days?

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:57 AM
its kobes fault howard only has 15 points and not 25 points!

howard missed 10 free throws... but its still kobes fault yo!

those free throws dont count as shots. so he only had the ball 10 times instead of the 20 times we saw on tv

:roll:

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 01:59 AM
lol@ kobe gives up 30ppg

metta guards the other teams big scorers

kobe plays as a roaming passing lane steal guy off of a role player most of the time these days

like today... melo dropped nearly all 34 points on metta lol

hows that kobes fault?

KG215
12-26-2012, 01:59 AM
What is the point of banning someone only to let him come back every few days?
Especially when all of their posts are about one player and they make essentially the exact same thread over and over again.

KG215
12-26-2012, 02:01 AM
lol@ kobe gives up 30ppg

kobe plays as a roaming passing lane steal guy off of a role player most of the time these days

hows that kobes fault?

Didn't Kobe guard J.R. Smith a lot? And didn't J.R. Smith have 25 points?

StateOfMind12
lol@ kobe gives up 30ppg

hows that kobes fault?

I was just giving you an example of how Dwight is better. He plays better defense and has superior net points.

Who cares if Kobe plays better offense when he is a defensive liability and just gives up easy buckets such as transition buckets because he doesn't hustle?

longtime lurker
He reps himself with all of his alts.

What a sad sad poster this guy is. I read his posts and I can tell that even he doesn't believe the bullshit he writes.

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Especially when all of their posts are about one player and they make essentially the exact same thread over and over again.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/frewfr-1.png

Mr. Jabbar
12-26-2012, 02:03 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 02:07 AM
I was just giving you an example of how Dwight is better. He plays better defense and has superior net points.

Who cares if Kobe plays better offense when he is a defensive liability and just gives up easy buckets such as transition buckets because he doesn't hustle?

howards better defense on a team that doesnt win with defense is not more valuable than a better offensive player on a team that wins with better offense

kobe doesnt hurt the lakers defensively because he rarely guards the other teams top scorers anyway anymore

and he isnt that bad. when he chooses to he can defend great players on key possessions

and besides... the big man position is garbage. so dwights man to man defense is barely even needed...

IMO perimeter defenders are more important these days since the top scorers are pg's and sf's

how often does howard get a block on a penitrating guard or sf anyway? like 1-2 times a game if lucky?

KG215
12-26-2012, 02:08 AM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/frewfr-1.png
What I said wasn't sarcastic. It's 100% truth. You do nothing but post about Kobe and every single thread you make is essentially identical to the previous thread you made.

But I'm glad you went out of your way and took the time to make that for me.

StateOfMind12
12-26-2012, 02:08 AM
howards better defense on a team that doesnt win with defense is not more valuable than a better offensive player on a team that wins with better offense

kobe doesnt hurt the lakers defensively because he rarely guards the other teams top scorers anyway anymore

and he isnt that bad. when he chooses to he can defend great players on key possessions

and besides... the big man position is garbage. so dwights man to man defense is barely even needed...

IMO perimeter defenders are more important these days since the top scorers are pg's and sf's

how often does howard get a block on a penitrating guard or sf anyway? like 1-2 times a game if lucky?
Howard impacts the game more, gives up less points, and less points than he scores. Kobe? Not so much.

Deal with it, kid.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 02:09 AM

I wasn't even talking about OP. I've had him blocked so long I can't even remember when I didn't.

ihoopallday
12-26-2012, 02:11 AM
OP should be banned from making threads.

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 02:12 AM
What I said wasn't sarcastic. It's 100% truth. You do nothing but post about Kobe and every single thread you make is essentially identical to the previous thread you made.

But I'm glad you went out of your way and took the time to make that for me.

you might be worthless to some on ISH... but to me you're worth atleast 15 seconds of my time to coppy and paste a picture to photobucket

:cheers:

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 02:13 AM
I wasn't even talking about OP. I've had him blocked so long I can't even remember when I didn't.

you post replys to blocked user threads?

:hammerhead:

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Howard impacts the game more, gives up less points, and less points than he scores. Kobe? Not so much.

Deal with it, kid.

remember when kobe beat howard in the 2009 finals and won finals mvp.. then howard quit and ran to the lakers so he could become the 2nd fiddle

deal with it kid

ihoopallday
12-26-2012, 02:19 AM
remember when kobe beat howard in the 2009 finals and won finals mvp.. then howard quit and ran to the lakers so he could become the 2nd fiddle

deal with it kid

You're dissing a player on your team to make Kobe look good. Pathetic.

kennethgriffin
12-26-2012, 02:22 AM
You're dissing a player on your team to make Kobe look good. Pathetic.

kobe doesnt need my help to look good

howard needs the help

i aint givin him a minute of my time though

Mr. Jabbar
12-26-2012, 02:25 AM
People that say Dwight impacts the game more than kobe are out of their minds, never touched a bball in their lives or straight out trolling. I know RG (stateofmind) meets the latter 2 criterias.

SyRyanYang
12-26-2012, 02:56 AM
I don't like Dwight, never liked him before. But now that he's on my favorite I'll try to be supportive. He's not in his best physical condition right now so I'll cut him some slack. We ain't winning sh1t with a half-injured Dwight.

TheeBeast
12-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Dwight owns the defensive end of the floor, while Kobe owns the offense (now it's shared with Nash)

They're in two different worlds out there and offensive stats don't tell the whole story, they're more equally as important to the team than most expect. Kobe scores and does his allround work, while Dwight gives the team energy muscle inside presence confidence and a reason to leave our shooters wide open.

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Yea.

Dwight was 'dominant' in the East against guys like Al Horford and Andrea Bargnani. He was 'dominant' when the entire offensive system and roster was built around him to cover up his flaws.

On Team USA he has always sucked and looked clueless.

On the lakers he looks so incompetant offensively I'd feel better giving it in to Anthony Davis than Dwight Howard.

9erempiree
12-26-2012, 06:11 AM
You cannot count on Howard to get you a bucket.

For those saying otherwise are either Kobe haters or never even watched a Lakers game.

If they have been following the Lakers, like the claim they do, they are closet Laker fans.

Pick your poison.

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Dwight owns the defensive end of the floor, while Kobe owns the offense (now it's shared with Nash)

They're in two different worlds out there and offensive stats don't tell the whole story, they're more equally as important to the team than most expect. Kobe scores and does his allround work, while Dwight gives the team energy muscle inside presence confidence and a reason to leave our shooters wide open.
No. If Dwight is such a defensive beast, why are nobodys like Craig Smith and Carl Landry going to work against him every night?

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2012, 06:24 AM
**** outta here RG

http://x28.xanga.com/760c236402432157718880/w118230939.gif

ZenMaster
12-26-2012, 07:36 AM
No. If Dwight is such a defensive beast, why are nobodys like Craig Smith and Carl Landry going to work against him every night?

You're talking stupid shit, go back and watch the last game vs the Warriors, Golden State only made big runs when Dwight was on the bench.

He's the best defender on the Lakers by quite a bit.

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 07:40 AM
You're talking stupid shit, go back and watch the last game vs the Warriors, Golden State only made big runs when Dwight was on the bench.

I'm talking shit, and yet the reality is Craig Smith of the rockets went off against Howard for 20/10 while shutting him down on defense.

ZenMaster
12-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm talking shit, and yet the reality is Craig Smith of the rockets went off against Howard for 20/10 while shutting him down on defense.

That's a nice little example you have there that you can hang on to because it serves the purpose of your trolling.

Meanwhile he's the best defender in LA, and that's comming back from major surgery and still getting better.

Doranku
12-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Yea.

-30/5/5
-one-dimensional

Pick one, bipolar f@ggot.

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 08:11 AM
That's a nice little example you have there that you can hang on to because it serves the purpose of your trolling.

Meanwhile he's the best defender in LA, and that's comming back from major surgery and still getting better.
Another example:
Perkins, the worst starting center in the NBA, shuts Dwight down with single coverage.

Anderson Varejao does spin moves around him like he's not even there.

Rysio
12-26-2012, 08:28 AM
only boxscore watchers actually thought that dwight was on kobe's level. when will people learn that no one is on mamba's level? :no:

STATUTORY
12-26-2012, 08:54 AM

Doesn't excuse his ineptitude on offense, bobbling passes clogging up lanes, no post move for a score.

He's a glorified Tyson chandler that thinks he's shaq.

La Frescobaldi
12-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I am a big Dwight fan. He helped his team get to the Finals and has been awesome but more than that he carried the torch of true NBA hoops through the nightmare storm of Jordan wannabes (and no, I'm not talking about Bryant, at all).

D12 is a true center and he can never get enough respect for keeping the flame alive.

ZenMaster
12-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Doesn't excuse his ineptitude on offense, bobbling passes clogging up lanes, no post move for a score.

He's a glorified Tyson chandler that thinks he's shaq.

Clogging up lanes? He's a center, he's supposed to be close to the basket and he does a lot of weakside work. He's still one of the best catch and finish players in the league and has the 5th highest FG% because of it.

He's an unselfish offensive player, if he thought he was Shaq he'd be complaining about not enough shots, and he's not doing that.
He knows his role is to be a pickn'roll big who sets good screens with the occasional post up while primarily focusing on defense, that's winning center play in 2013 NBA.

Sure he could be a better offensive player, and he has looked a lot better in most facets since Nash came back, he had 3 big crunch time assist vs Golden State.

And just like Howard could be a better offensive player Kobe could be a better defensive player. He's looked about as bad on defense as Dwight has on offense.

Dwight's problem isn't that he can't score in the post like Shaq, it's that he picks up stupid fouls when he gets frustrated.

And this whole discussion between "Laker fans" is retarded, doesn't matter who's better than Dwight or Kobe because they play on the same team. Only thing that matters is that they can't win a championship without either one.

I'm not saying Dwight is better than Kobe or the other way around so far this season, but you guys are talking about Dwight like he's a scrub which can't be true because Lakers play way better when he's on the court than not.

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I am a big Dwight fan. He helped his team get to the Finals and has been awesome but more than that he carried the torch of true NBA hoops through the nightmare storm of Jordan wannabes (and no, I'm not talking about Bryant, at all).

D12 is a true center and he can never get enough respect for keeping the flame alive.

WHAT THE F*CK?

Dwight Howard has no footwork, no post game, can't pass and can't shoot freethrows.

He hasn't won shit but goes around making stupid comedy videos instead of working on his horrible offensive game or freethrow shooting in the gym.

He brags and makes youtube vids about his offseason training with Hakeem, and yet Hakeem has given interviews stating that Dwight is not doing any of the things he taught him.

Steve Nash one of the GOAT freethrow shooters tries to give D12 advice for freethrows and he completely ignores and dismisses it.

He doesn't play like an old school center and he's a horrible example for all kids growing up watching him and seeing him voted in as allstar starter every year.

Even JaVale Mcgee has better footwork and post moves than D12.

Marc Gasol is a better example of an old school center kids should look up to. Tough, allaround skilled, hard worker, old school style game, elite post work+a ton of post moves, solid defense and doesn't take plays off.

D12 is sending the message that to be a good center in the NBA you don't need to work hard or have skill or anything, all you need to do is jump high.

To Dwight's credit he is elite in defending pick and rolls and has a good intimidation factor in the paint. But he should be treated like Ben Wallace offensively and only given the ball when wideopen.

La Frescobaldi
12-26-2012, 09:44 AM
WHAT THE F*CK?

Dwight Howard has no footwork, no post game, can't pass and can't shoot freethrows.

He hasn't won shit but goes around making stupid comedy videos instead of working on his horrible offensive game or freethrow shooting in the gym.

He brags and makes youtube vids about his offseason training with Hakeem, and yet Hakeem has given interviews stating that Dwight is not doing any of the things he taught him.

Steve Nash one of the GOAT freethrow shooters tries to give D12 advice for freethrows and he completely ignores and dismisses it.

He doesn't play like an old school center and he's a horrible example for all kids growing up watching him and seeing him voted in as allstar starter every year.

Marc Gasol is a better example of an old school center kids should look up to. Tough, allaround skilled, hard worker, old school style game, elite post work+a ton of post moves, solid defense and doesn't take plays off.

D12 is sending the message that to be a good center in the NBA you don't need to work hard or have skill or anything, all you need to do is jump high.

To Dwight's credit he is elite in defending pick and rolls and has a good intimidation factor in the paint. But he should be treated like Ben Wallace offensively and only given the ball when wideopen.

I don't agree, except about M Gasol but we can still have a great day!!

well, Dwight can't shoot FT it is true

Rubio2Gasol
12-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Nah man. There are a range of Power Forwards, and Power Forwards come centers who carried that torch more than he did.

ZenMaster
12-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't agree, except about M Gasol but we can still have a great day!!

well, Dwight can't shoot FT it is true

Switch Dwights name with Deandre Jordan and his post sounds a lot more plausible.

STATUTORY
12-26-2012, 09:50 AM
WHAT THE F*CK?

the only thing old school about dwight is dat headband he's sporting

guy's already being passed by young up and coming centers around the league.

Guys like Marc Gasol, asik, greg monroe, andre drummond, all gonna make us forget about the dwight howard "era" of center pretty damn soon

SilkkTheShocker
12-26-2012, 10:02 AM
It doesn't matter what the OP thinks. The Lakers aren't winning s.hit with no bench, a s.hit coach, and an aging roster. Not to mention Steve Nash teams don't make the Finals.

La Frescobaldi
12-26-2012, 10:04 AM
the only thing old school about dwight is dat headband he's sporting

guy's already being passed by young up and coming centers around the league.

Guys like Marc Gasol, asik, greg monroe, andre drummond, all gonna make us forget about the dwight howard "era" of center pretty damn soon

yeah - I hope this is totally true.

I like centers and paintball and this era of 3 forwards needs to end like last week

Vertical-24
12-26-2012, 10:17 AM
So a guy that has averaged 20-25 ppg in the last 5 years can't score and can't catch the ball? What should I expect from him when he can?

Well for one, Dwight never averaged 20-25ppg, more like 20-22. Those are great numbers and I'm a big Dwight fan, but lets not act like he's an offensive juggernaut. He isn't. That's not his game, and while he can "convert", lets not act like he's Tim Duncan or Shaq. He can't pass out of doubles very well, he doesn't protect the ball as well as he should, his range of post moves is EXTREMELY limited, his FT shooting is terrible (though we have been seeing improvements, and Shaq still won while in the same predicament), and he relies mostly on sheer power to score when he does score.

Dwight was brought in to anchor the defense and while he's not doing a terrible job, lets not act like he turned us into some elite defensive team. Kobe has been more of an impact player for LA than Dwight has been. He's been the better player, and he's 34. One dimensional? Averaging 30/5/5 in your 17th season is ONE DIMENSIONAL? Get Out. :facepalm

Extempo
12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
"I still think a lot of guys got a lot of good looks," Nash said after the Warriors game (via the Los Angeles Times). "We'll find a natural balance, but Kobe's going to take the most shots. He's our best player and a great scorer, and the ball should be in his hands or should be finding him for shots."

When Steve Nash says it, accept it and move on. Y'all Kobe haters are nobodies, what you think don't matter because your opinions are always biased and blinded with hate, so your opinions are worthless. There's a reason no one is putting a microphone in front of you to know your opinion, its because no one cares.

Nash plays with both Kobe and Howard, so no bias there. And oh...he's a f-ing professional basketball player and 2x MVP of the league. He knows what he's talking about. Kobe haters stop embarrassing yourselves here.

poido123
12-26-2012, 11:34 AM
When Steve Nash says it, accept it and move on. Y'all Kobe haters are nobodies, what you think don't matter because your opinions are always biased and blinded with hate, so your opinions are worthless. There's a reason no one is putting a microphone in front of you to know your opinion, its because no one cares.

Nash plays with both Kobe and Howard, so no bias there. And oh...he's a f-ing professional basketball player and 2x MVP of the league. He knows what he's talking about. Kobe haters stop embarrassing yourselves here.

Dude, shutup. Your barking is annoying as hell.

pnyozzzoo
12-26-2012, 11:50 AM
He's hurt, may never be the same again.

That said, He was in a system that maximize his talent. pump up as much stat as he could. Now he is no longer in a system like that. There is no way he can go back to 23/14. But once he is healthy his defense will be still fearsome.

nathanjizzle
12-26-2012, 12:52 PM
remember when people were saying dwight howard was the real 2011 mvp.:roll:

Heavincent
12-26-2012, 12:53 PM
remember when people were saying dwight howard was the real 2011 mvp.:roll:

elementally morale
12-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Dude, shutup. Your barking is annoying as hell.

As if the Kobe bashers barking wasn't just as annoying. Basically there are three types of them:

1) Insecure Jordan fans

2) Young kids who tend to think they somehow will mature sooner if they become 'real fans' of the game via having 'different' opinions

3) Smarter than average but still pretty low-IQ people who, while 'opposing sheep-mentality and group-think' can't recognize that going out of their way hating on a player 24/7 makes them sheep just as well, singing to the choir of a different group.

If you don't like a player, don't watch him play or at least don't spend your precious time thinking and posting of the person all day long. Time is running out on all of us, we have much less than we think we do. It doesn't make any sense spending out time on things we don't like -- if we can choose not to. Of course, most people enjoy being in the state of permanent hate. But none of you are becoming any more mature and intelligent or any less sheep-like via hate. It's not even hate. It's pretending 'objectivity' or pretending 'hate'.

Pretty damn funny from another perspective.

Dictator
12-26-2012, 01:28 PM
:lol at the thread and stateofmind.

Dwight's weaknesses are so glaringly big and easy to exploit.

Too many tos, clogging the offensive lanes, stupid fouls, no post moves, bad freethrow shooting, and occasionally giving up on defense for a large amount of time.

Whoah10115
12-26-2012, 02:28 PM

These people here are stupid.

Like Shaq, who isn't here, is stupid...everyone wants Dwight to do this and to do that.."I wasn't a great rebounder" blah blah...aren't defense and rebounding the most important thing for a center, in general? Dwight Howard is as true a defense anchor as there's been. The guy is a great player, in this era or any other.

The guy actually has TERRIFIC footwork and if people actually watch it wouldn't be debatable. He also has great turns and spins and finishes supremely well with either hand. That little sweeping hook shot has been money a few years now. He doesn't just bulldoze or pick up offensive rebounds or just get easy buckets...there's a reason he shoots that high a percentage and scores that many points, despite not getting the ball as much as he should.

But people are going to whine. And they don't know what they're talking about. It's a shame.

Heavincent
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
The guy actually has TERRIFIC footwork and if people actually watch it wouldn't be debatable.

Are you ****ing kidding me? This dude travels and shuffles his feet more than anybody. Just like yesterday, when he had an open dunk but he got happy feet and literally took 5 steps and got called for a travel :oldlol:

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 02:36 PM
These people here are stupid.

Like Shaq, who isn't here, is stupid...everyone wants Dwight to do this and to do that.."I wasn't a great rebounder" blah blah...aren't defense and rebounding the most important thing for a center, in general? Dwight Howard is as true a defense anchor as there's been. The guy is a great player, in this era or any other.

The guy actually has TERRIFIC footwork and if people actually watch it wouldn't be debatable. He also has great turns and spins and finishes supremely well with either hand. That little sweeping hook shot has been money a few years now. He doesn't just bulldoze or pick up offensive rebounds or just get easy buckets...there's a reason he shoots that high a percentage and scores that many points, despite not getting the ball as much as he should.

But people are going to whine. And they don't know what they're talking about. It's a shame.
You don't understand anything about basketball.

Compared to Dwight offensively, Patrick Ewing is Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Dwight has shitty footwork, he always brings the ball too low which leads to him getting swiped all the time, and his touch with both hands is horrible which leads to him clanking tons of open hook shots.

How can you actually watch Dwight Howard and claim that he has good footwork and low post game?

heyhey
12-26-2012, 02:36 PM
The guy actually has TERRIFIC footwork and if people actually watch it wouldn't be debatable.

Are you talking about Shaq or Dwight?

if dwight then :roll: :roll:

Dwight has uncoordinated feet, yesterday on that play where he had a breakaway dunk he struggled to set his feet and traveled in order to take off for the dunk

he's ok with anything mechanical where he can just put to memory and use. But anything involving improvisation or adjustment, he's not natural enough to pull off

tpols
12-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Dwight footwork isn't that bad.. It's his shooting mentality/style that makes him mediocre in the post. He lacks touch and tries to deliberately throw the ball through the hoop. Everything is all power.. No smoothness or finesse. He's gotta mix it up. If he could just let a little of gasols softness rub off on him and combine it with his power spins and drop steps he'd be unstoppable.

Nick Young
12-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Dwight footwork isn't that bad.. It's his shooting mentality/style that makes him mediocre in the post. He lacks touch and tries to deliberately throw the ball through the hoop. Everything is all power.. No smoothness or finesse. He's gotta mix it up. If he could just let a little of gasols softness rub off on him and combine it with his power spins and drop steps he'd be unstoppable.
His footwork is really really bad. Why are there some people defending it? :facepalm

Good footwork is someone like Luis Scola. He is undersized and unathletic but is often able to get easy baskets and high percentage shots for himself with his great fundamental footwork.

elementally morale
12-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Whoah10115

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ravi4YtUTxo

tpols
12-26-2012, 02:43 PM
His footwork is really really bad. Why are there some people defending it? :facepalm
Idk.. I think the problem is his lack of finesse as a ball player especially with his hands. He doesn't shoot with his whole body. He tries to muscle it in even from ten out. You can't really fix it I guess. He doesn't move with any flexibility. It's all explosiveness. Dwight needs to mix it up and change the pace if he wants to dupe guys in the post.. Or he can just continue to recover from his surgery and start man handling everyone again, and that's probably more likely.

Rubio2Gasol
12-26-2012, 02:50 PM
His footwork is fine, I might even say it's exceptional...it's everything that follows his footwork that's a problem. He's too rigid coming up, his shooting motion is too horizontal.

It's way too easy to deny him on the block (almost KD easy) and he does seem to have issues catching the ball.

You give him the momentum the pick and roll creates and it makes it easier for him to catch and either get to the rim or make a move but he's not a guy who is ever going to be good at just catching an entry pass and going to work.

On defense - He covers more ground with a step than any other center so he protects the lane, but his choices on pick and roll defense are questionable and he doesn't direct his defense like a true defensive anchor.

He's a great defensive player but the consensus best defensive player in the league is a bit stupid.