PDA

View Full Version : "Dwight Howard is basically Kosta Koufos" - NBA insider in league personnel

heyhey
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM
"If you dropped in from another planet and had no idea who the players were, you would never know that Dwight Howard was one of the best players."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/howard-381800-season-one.html

brutal. dwight getting shatted on :lol

Heavincent
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
I know Howard isn't 100%, but it's kind of pathetic that old man Kobe is carrying such a huge load even though 27 year old Dwight Howard is on the team.

A lot of people thought it would be a 1A 1B type of thing before the season, but that seems completely laughable at this point. Hell, if Steve Nash sustains what he has done in the past 3 games, Dwight might be looked at as the 3rd best player on the team.

JohnnySic
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
lol

Take Your Lumps
12-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh, come on. That's not fair.

What did Kosta Koufos ever do to anyone to get compared to Dwight Howard?

Dwight needs to step up his FT shooting if he wants to rise to the level of a Kosta Koufos.

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-27-2012, 04:04 PM
:roll:

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh, come on. That's not fair.

What did Kosta Koufos ever do to anyone to get compared to Dwight Howard?

Dwight needs to step up his FT shooting if he wants to rise to the level of a Kosta Koufos.

:roll: . Love seeing Dwight get shit on. He was a dickhead before the trade to the Lakers and still is. Who the fu** is he to be so entitled? Kobe has won championships and been a career long franchise player for the Lakers so when he makes demands it's justified. Dwight though to come in here pointing the fingers at others for bad games and making a stupid comment two weeks ago about how he will go anywhere to chase rings? Fu** this fool.

stax
12-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Ouch. Stern still lets him wear the black and silver arm sleeves (against league regulations) so an astute observer from another planet might wonder if he's more special than everyone else...

konex
12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Hell, if Steve Nash sustains what he has done in the past 3 games, Dwight might be looked at as the 3rd best player on the team.

Metta has been better than Dwight this year :banghead:

Noob Saibot
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Maybe this should be a separate thread but is Dwight Howard turning into one of the most overrated players ever in basketball?

Nick Young
12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
trade this scrub while he still has some value!

Skywalker
12-27-2012, 04:28 PM
needs to take off the headband and jeff hardy arm sleeves and play ball, is he trying to look like a superhero? looks corny

Imagine how beast he would be if he had KG's attitude.

Darius
12-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm no lover of Dwight but it's pretty lame people knock him when he came back early from an injury to try to help the team.

Nick Young
12-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm no lover of Dwight but it's pretty lame people knock him when he came back early from an injury to try to help the team.
It's pretty lame how many excuses Dwight makes for himself and everyone makes for Dwight

bagelred
12-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey, just read the post quickly....Kostas Koufos is from another planet?:eek: I guess that kinda makes sense. Surprised, but not shocked.

Mr. Incredible
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM
La Baby!!!

STATUTORY
12-27-2012, 04:59 PM
needs to take off the headband and jeff hardy arm sleeves and play ball, is he trying to look like a superhero? looks corny

Imagine how beast he would be if he had KG's attitude.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/502a70deecad048452000001-400-/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers.jpg

http://i.fitperez.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/web-dwight-howard__oPt.jpg

u can't cure corny

ClutchOver9000
12-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Fvck Dwight Howard.

R.I.P.
12-27-2012, 05:08 PM
We are two months into the season almost. I think at this point his conditioning, muscle strength, body and everything that comes with it are what they are. He just doesn

Rysio
12-27-2012, 05:08 PM
lakers should've never let dj mbenga go. pretty much does everything dwight does defensivly. has a pretty good jumper and is a way better free throw shooter. :facepalm

Y2Gezee
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
That surgery is very serious. Amare had it last summer, and just like Dwight he put up his career numbers basically last year, but he was a shell of his former self in terms of activity. He says that he just got back to feeling like himself this offseason...and we haven't really been able to see if that's true yet.

But I don't see how you could call him Kosta Koufas?...He's clearly the best center in the league still. Or amongst them. If he could shoot fts, he would certainly be.

FireDavidKahn
12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Dwight deserves everything that he gets and then some.

Euroleague
12-27-2012, 05:52 PM
That's not accurate. Kosta Koufos (the Greek national team's third string center) is much more skilled than Dwight Howard is.

Spaulding
12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
His back injury (first major) totally fcuked up his head.

He is scared shitless he cannot jump as high, run, etc. as good as he use to.

In that sense I do feel bad for him. You dont wish serious injury on any NBA player.

Xiao Yao You
12-27-2012, 09:19 PM
:roll: . Love seeing Dwight get shit on. He was a dickhead before the trade to the Lakers and still is. Who the fu** is he to be so entitled? Kobe has won championships and been a career long franchise player for the Lakers so when he makes demands it's justified. Dwight though to come in here pointing the fingers at others for bad games and making a stupid comment two weeks ago about how he will go anywhere to chase rings? Fu** this fool.

Kobe was a dickhead before Phil saved him(twice).

andremiller07
12-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Enough with this injury excuse crap the guy is still the 3rd most athletic centre after DJ and Magee with the back injury.

jamal99
12-27-2012, 09:38 PM
That's not accurate. Kosta Koufos (the Greek national team's third string center) is much more skilled than Dwight Howard is.
That actually wouldn't surprise me. What sets Dwight apart from the rest is his athleticism, his basketball skills are mediocre at best...

plowking
12-27-2012, 10:35 PM
That actually wouldn't surprise me. What sets Dwight apart from the rest is his athleticism, his basketball skills are mediocre at best...

This is the type of shit I'm sick of hearing.

Why aren't Gerald Green, James White and McGee the best players in the league then? All some of the best athletes.

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 10:37 PM

Why aren't Gerald Green, James White and McGee the best players in the league then? All some of the best athletes.

Because they aren't the strongest players in the NBA? You're full of shit if you think Dwight at 240 pounds let's say and not very athletic and strong would thrive.

Clippersfan86
12-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Kobe was a dickhead before Phil saved him(twice).

I'm just saying.... Dwight has won nothing and has failed to be the leader who takes responsibility and leads. Therefor it's a joke to talk about ring chasing and always pointing the finger at somebody else. Kobe may not carry himself much differently but at this point he has the hardware and legend status to back it up.

chazzy
12-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I love how people are rewriting Dwight's career based on how he looks after back surgery. Go refresh yourself on some 09 or '11 Dwight

livinglegend
12-28-2012, 12:56 AM
that s an insult to Koufos

jamal99
12-28-2012, 01:37 AM

Because he has more skill and bball iq than them?

Give Dwight average athleticism and he would probably be a bench player, 10 mpg or so.
Give those guys average athleticism and they would not sniff the NBA...

mjokc
12-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Because they aren't the strongest players in the NBA? You're full of shit if you think Dwight at 240 pounds let's say and not very athletic and strong would thrive.

Clippersfan86 speaking logically and making sense? WTF is going on here?

Funnyfuka
12-29-2012, 03:35 AM
I love how people are rewriting Dwight's career based on how he looks after back surgery. Go refresh yourself on some 09 or '11 Dwight
who gives a ****, it was in the past. At the moment, he s a shell of his former self.

chazzy
12-29-2012, 03:36 AM
who gives a ****, it was in the past. At the moment, he s a shell of his former self.
Way to completely miss the point of my post

RoseCity07
12-29-2012, 03:43 AM
It sounds to me like Laker fans want Dwight traded simply because he isn't Shaq. I though Kobe was "the man". Psshhh, what a load of sh*t. It sounds like the team is looking for another superstar to carry Kobe to a title.

Pinkhearts
12-29-2012, 03:57 AM
It sounds to me like Laker fans want Dwight traded simply because he isn't Shaq. I though Kobe was "the man". Psshhh, what a load of sh*t. It sounds like the team is looking for another superstar to carry Kobe to a title.

So full of crap. People want Dwight to be like 09 Dwight. He's not right now

ShaqAttack3234
12-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Way to completely miss the point of my post

Well, in all fairness, it was a VERY complex point. I think the concept of a player's past NOT being worse based on the present is a real mind****. Has ISH been lying to me?!