PDA

View Full Version : I think the Knicks could rip through the East

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Maybe the whole league.

I've gone on record by saying on paper, they are the most dynamic roster in the NBA. Now that I've basically seen everybody play except their 2nd and 4th best player (Amare and Iman), I'm ready to declare them the best roster on the court. Now that I've seen in particular what Marcus Camby (most importantly), Pablo Prigioni, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace even Chris Copeland can give them.

They basically could start any of these guys and fit them in, and the one that's started the most (Kurt Thomas) is easily the worst and probably won't find minutes when they get Sheed and Amare back. But the beauty of it is they basically have a 3 man backup rotation of players that can play backup 4/5 in Sheed/Camby/Kurt Thomas and all 3 are simply insurance policies for each other and the main 3 man big rotation of Chandler/Amare/Carmelo. Same at pg. They have 3 starter quality pgs, 2 of them are old and are basically insurance policies for the other.

They are the best pick and roll team in basketball, that has 3 pgs that excel in the PnR, plus Melo/JR/Shumpert can run the pick and roll very well. Then they have a plethora of bigs, including Melo, who can finish out of it either by rolling or the jumper. Due to this versatility, they run the pick and roll out of no where, and catch teams by surprise. Amare is arguably the best pick and roll finishing big in the history of the game, and he looks to return next week.

They are a very talented defensive team, and can really turn it on to close games. And once they are able to play bigger and get Shump back, I expect it to get even better.

They have an MVP candidate who has carried their role players to one of the best records in the league so far. I'd expect his scoring to drop a bit once Amare steps in, but that's only going to make him better. They rely on Melo too much to keep their offense flowing, in Amare you basically get another Melo who can do the same thing when he's off the court, and for Melo to play off of from the perimeter.

Amare and JR Smith off the bench will be a scary punch off the bench, included with Novak, Prigioni maybe an all time great scoring punch off the bench. I mean clearly Amare should be one of the best players off the bench in league history, and they really need interior scoring when Melo or Chandler are out.

They play hard and have a lot of fight, and really their roster allows them to play any style. And they actually do play a lot of styles offensively. They have an answer for everything that any team in the league has to offer. 2 defensive first perimeter stoppers in Shumpert and R. Brewer, plus Melo, Felton, JR can lock in (I'm looking at the Heat/Thunder/Spurs as I bring that up). They may be the biggest team in the league and all of their bigs (minus Melo) are athletic enough that they can play both 4 and 5, meaning they can play any of them next to each other (I'm looking at Chicago, Memphis, LAC and LAL here).

If people go into the postseason, thinking the Heat (and I don't care how well they're playing) are going to walk through the East. You'd better think again. As long as Carmelo and Chandler in particular are healthy in the postseason, they're going to be a scary force. A team with no weaknesses, Amazing depth at all positions, with great leadership, with the right coach, all having 1 goal.

I just wanted to create, bookmark, and bring back up this thread later so I can say I told you so.

DaPerceive
12-29-2012, 02:27 AM
http://thingist.com/user_uploads/32136238245958843.gif

mrpibb
12-29-2012, 02:27 AM
You're wrong a lot, aren't you?

livinglegend
12-29-2012, 02:28 AM
i swear i will never read this

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:29 AM

Absolutely not. I'm Y2, nice to meet you

The Nets
12-29-2012, 02:30 AM
:biggums:

chips93
12-29-2012, 02:30 AM
They are a very talented defensive team, and can really turn it on to close games. And once they are able to play bigger and get Shump back, I expect it to get even better.

hes not that guy anymore, he hasnt been that guy for some time now

Marv_Albert
12-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Only things that rips is your underwear after talking so much trash. They will never get past heat, the heat are gonna turn on a whole new gear come playoffs

Patrick Chewing
12-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Didn't read, but I agree with the OP 100%

The Nets
12-29-2012, 02:34 AM
lol just losing to the Sacramento Kings and the Knicks fans are so on top of the world.
:lol

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:40 AM
lol just losing to the Sacramento Kings and the Knicks fans are so on top of the world.

I made this thread tonight, just so I can collect these types of remarks for my future bump.

Knicks have the most dynamic team and complete roster this year. When I look around the league and the Clippers, Thunder, and maybe the Lakers are the biggest threats to be able to acknowledge that...I feel great about my prediction.

Glen Grunwald for Executive of the Year is a done deal

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Only things that rips is your underwear after talking so much trash. They will never get past heat, the heat are gonna turn on a whole new gear come playoffs

What else have you seen with that crystal ball you got? :lol its hilarious that "heat" fans think the heat are just going to turn it on and the basketball gods will anoint them with magical powers of unstoppable defense/offense. Their team just isn't the same from last year and giving the knicks no shot after they completely DOMINATED them twice is just foolish.

The Nets
12-29-2012, 02:42 AM
I made this thread tonight, just so I can collect these types of remarks for my future bump.

Knicks have the most dynamic team and complete roster this year. When I look around the league and the Clippers, Thunder, and maybe the Lakers are the biggest threats to be able to acknowledge that...I feel great about my prediction.

Glen Grunwald for Executive of the Year is a done deal

Knicks ceiling is ECF or maybe the finals if they do beat the Heat, they stand absolutely zero chance against whoever comes out of the Western Conference. Knicks winning a title is something only happens in dreams and NBA 2k.

ScalabrineStan
12-29-2012, 02:43 AM
:biggums:

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:45 AM
What else have you seen with that crystal ball you got? :lol its hilarious that "heat" fans think the heat are just going to turn it on and the basketball gods will anoint them with magical powers of unstoppable defense/offense. Their team just isn't the same from last year and giving the knicks no shot after they completely DOMINATED them twice is just foolish.

The Heat are better than last year, I just think a bunch of teams have passed them. They won last year on talent alone. The lockout killed the season.

They had to go small in order for their offense to improve, and it's hurting them in other places. It worked vs last years Celtics because they're old, and the thunder because they have 0 post threats. The Thunder are a dribble drive team, and rely on jumpshots from that...thats perfect for the Heat to play against.

Kiddlovesnets
12-29-2012, 02:45 AM
Knicks, lol I havent laughed this hard in ages.
:roll:

kNicKz
12-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Knicks, lol I havent laughed this hard in ages.

your team has no coach, they can't beat the knicks, and your payroll is a black hole

:lebronamazed:

Kiddlovesnets
12-29-2012, 02:48 AM
your team has no coach and you payroll is a black hole

Does it matter? Does not change the fact that your team aint winning a title this year.

The Nets
12-29-2012, 02:49 AM
your team has no coach, they can't beat the knicks, and your payroll is a black hole

lol typical Knicks fans, its by far the funniest thing to read on ISH when a Knicks fans talk to other teams 'How many titles your team has won?'. They are acting like their shitty team is the symbol of NBA.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 02:50 AM

Really dont understand how a nets has the audacity to come and talk about the knicks especially with the current situation they are in.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:50 AM
Knicks ceiling is ECF or maybe the finals if they do beat the Heat, they stand absolutely zero chance against whoever comes out of the Western Conference. Knicks winning a title is something only happens in dreams and NBA 2k.

Who in the West is really better than the Heat? No one. The Thunder and Clippers lack post games, but I actually may give the Clippers the title for best in the West based Blake's ability to give them some type of interior game, even if it isn't pretty. I don't think Battier or James could hang with him in the paint a whole game, without trying to front and giving him extra attention.

The Grizzlies aren't coming out the West, and if so, that would be great for the Knicks. Lakers? Nope.

Just read my essay up top...it has everything you need to know about why the Knicks are a matchup nightmare in a playoff series for every team in the NBA.

The Nets
12-29-2012, 02:52 AM
Who in the West is really better than the Heat? No one. The Thunder and Clippers lack post games, but I actually may give the Clippers the title for best in the West based Blake's ability to give them some type of interior game, even if it isn't pretty. I don't think Battier or James could hang with him in the paint a whole game, without trying to front and giving him extra attention.

The Grizzlies aren't coming out the West, and if so, that would be great for the Knicks. Lakers? Nope.

Just read my essay up top...it has everything you need to know about why the Knicks are a matchup nightmare in a playoff series for every team in the NBA.

Well you have a misconception here. The Knicks aint better than the Heat, no way. They simply have a matchup advantage against the Heat, which may win them the series against the Heat. Against teams like Clippers, OKC and Spurs, they do not have any matchup advantage and yet their squad is weaker. For this reason, nope, they stand no chance against Western Champs.

mrpibb
12-29-2012, 02:53 AM
I'm curious as to the interior scoring presence for the Knicks.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Well you have a misconception here. The Knicks aint better than the Heat, no way. They simply have a matchup advantage against the Heat, which may win them the series against the Heat. Against teams like Clippers, OKC and Spurs, they do not have any matchup advantage and yet their squad is weaker. For this reason, nope, they stand no chance against Western Champs.

Elaborate:coleman:

Knicks matchup with everyone.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm curious as to the interior scoring presence for the Knicks.

Melo for one. Amare for 2. Chandler for 3. Felton off the screen for 4. Sheed for a stretch or so.

People say the Knicks live and die by the 3. It's really all from the inside out. Whether Melo's post or drives, or the Felton/Chandler pick and roll. That or transition, is where they get their open looks.

elementally morale
12-29-2012, 02:55 AM
i swear i will never read this

It's a lot more fun typing than reading, eh?

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 02:55 AM

:lol :lol Wouldn't that mean they are better haha, And they havent played okc or the clippers yet for you to claim they dont match up well with them,And they already beat San Antonio.

The Nets
12-29-2012, 02:56 AM
:lol :lol Wouldn't that mean they are better haha, And they havent played okc or the clippers yet for you to claim they dont match up well with them,And they already beat San Antonio.

Well the 06-07 Warriors beat the 67 wins Mavs, are they better than the Mavs? Nope, they just got the matchup advantage against Mavs, and when this advantage was no longer present in 2nd round they got crushed by the Utah Jazz in 5 games.

Sarcastic
12-29-2012, 02:57 AM
Bookmarked and future repped.

mrpibb
12-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Melo for one. Amare for 2. Chandler for 3. Felton off the screen for 4. Sheed for a stretch or so.

People say the Knicks live and die by the 3. It's really all from the inside out. Whether Melo's post or drives, or the Felton/Chandler pick and roll. That or transition, is where they get their open looks.

That's not what I meant at all. Melo is a scorer that will get his points, but I don't have any faith in Amare. Westbrook can get into the paint more easily than Felton, and Chandler and Perkins both only know the post move "Splash."

Honestly, the Thunder have just as much an inside scoring presence as the Knicks in Ibaka. I will not be surprised whatsoever if Bosh goes crazy in a series against the Knicks.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Well the 06-07 Warriors beat the 67 wins Mavs, are they better than the Mavs? Nope, they just got the matchup advantage against Mavs, and when this advantage was no longer present in 2nd round they got crushed by the Utah Jazz in 5 games.

I agree with the match up thing but all im saying is there is no proof that this years heat team is better than the knicks at this time(and the knicks still missing starters)especially after being completely dominated by them on both sides of the floor in their head 2 head games.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 03:13 AM
That's not what I meant at all. Melo is a scorer that will get his points, but I don't have any faith in Amare. Westbrook can get into the paint more easily than Felton, and Chandler and Perkins both only know the post move "Splash."

Honestly, the Thunder have just as much an inside scoring presence as the Knicks in Ibaka. I will not be surprised whatsoever if Bosh goes crazy in a series against the Knicks.

I'm not following you here. Perkins and Chandler can't be compared. Period.

Chandler currently is the best pick and roll big man in the league. He's been 3rd for a number of years, behind Amare (the best all time along with Karl Malone), and Dwight Howard. He vertically stretches the floor, and must be accounted for either allowing an easy basket for 3, or getting an easy basket himself.

Melo's not just a scorer, Melo's a post force that must be double teamed in the post. The Thunder absolutely don't have anyone like him in that department. Amare, can be a midpost/low post threat, and is better than Chandler at what he does.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm just saying people. The Knicks are a super team, and I'm just happy to be the first person smart enough to realize it.

Sarcastic
12-29-2012, 03:20 AM
I'm just saying people. The Knicks are a super team, and I'm just happy to be the first person smart enough to realize it.

You aren't.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Bookmarked and future repped.

Knew I could count on you :cheers:

jdm_dc_fan
12-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Great team. Lets be real though. Miami Plays elite defense in the playoffs. They run a fast pace game when they catch you slipping. They will slow the pace down on defense. Lots of good 3 point shooters. Best player in the world.

As a celtic fan I feel comfortable saying heat are gonna be EC champs. :(

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Great team. Lets be real though. Miami Plays elite defense in the playoffs. They run a fast pace game when they catch you slipping. They will slow the pace down on defense. Lots of good 3 point shooters. Best player in the world.

As a celtic fan I feel comfortable saying heat are gonna be EC champs. :(

The Heat can't turn up their defense enough to shut down the Knicks in a series. They've got too many was to beat you. Plus. The Knicks struggle to defend the 3pt line, especially when they have to defend the paint, and the Knicks make you defend both.

Also, the Knicks play one of the slowest paces in the league, and push it selectively. So slower pacing means nothing.

But aside from the size and the 3pt shooting, the biggest problem the Knicks bring to the Heat is that they are on an all time record pace for not turning the ball over, plus they force turnovers themselves.

el gringos
12-29-2012, 04:44 AM
They can only win when they play this style we have seen a lot and do it with Carmelo at the 3. Once the Bargnani trade is over and they can use shumpert at gaurd you're looking at the next dynasty

28renyoy
12-29-2012, 04:57 AM

the thunder would literally sweep the Knicks

Durant>>>Melo
Westbrook>>>Felton
Ibaka=Chandler
Martin>>>JR Smith
Sefolosha=Kidd
Collison>>Sheed

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 05:20 AM

Durant=Melo
Westbrook>>>Felton
Ibaka=Chandler
Martin>JR Smith
Sefolosha=Kidd
Collison>>Sheed

FIFY, but what you got for Amare/Shumpert/and Marcus Camby?

francesco totti
12-29-2012, 06:32 AM
the heat are better, so is bulls with rose.
And celtics will turn it on come playoffs.

livingby3's
12-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Knew I could count on you :cheers:

Hilarious because you quoted sarcastic.

Sarcastic
12-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Hilarious because you quoted sarcastic.

Future negged :mad:

Burgz V2
12-29-2012, 07:08 AM
i think the heat are better in the long run.

we really are only talking about two teams in the East, the Knicks and the Heat

I think in the season, the Knicks might end up with the better record, but in a 7 game series, after the first two games and all the adjustments are made, the Heat are more of a threat. they play so well off their defence and there aren't really any adjustments you can make against their offense which is really unstructured and and is predicated on dribble drives to the rim. As long as they have two players that can get two the rim and draw fouls at will, I don't know how you can beat them in a 7 game series

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 07:46 AM
i think the heat are better in the long run.

we really are only talking about two teams in the East, the Knicks and the Heat

I think in the season, the Knicks might end up with the better record, but in a 7 game series, after the first two games and all the adjustments are made, the Heat are more of a threat. they play so well off their defence and there aren't really any adjustments you can make against their offense which is really unstructured and and is predicated on dribble drives to the rim. As long as they have two players that can get two the rim and draw fouls at will, I don't know how you can beat them in a 7 game series

At this point yes only the Knicks and Heat. But, the Bulls are a good team now and Rose should be back maybe February, that's more than enough time prior to the postseason for them to prove if he can work his way back to game shape and make them a contender too. They're the best defense in the NBA or at least one of the top 3, they just need a guy that can carry the offense...I doubt that Rose can do it this season, but by playoff time? Who knows.

But that positionless crap, is exactly why the Knicks have the advantage. When the Knicks go small with Melo at the 4, they matchup better than any team in the league with the Heat, because of Tyson in the middle and Melo is physical and more of a true 4 than Lebron for sure, plus they don't turn the ball over. But, they have the ability to go big and take advantage when they need to. The Heat are positionless, because they couldn't sign Marcus Camby.

28renyoy
12-29-2012, 07:52 AM
FIFY, but what you got for Amare/Shumpert/and Marcus Camby?

Durant=Melo

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Durant=Melo

Oh. You're trolling...I'm going to leave you to it.

iDunk
12-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Can't wait to watch this team do work in the playoffs.

PJR
12-29-2012, 08:34 AM
The Heat can't turn up their defense enough to shut down the Knicks in a series. They've got too many was to beat you.

You keep thinking that. :oldlol:

Teanett
12-29-2012, 10:44 AM
:rockon:

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 10:58 AM
You keep thinking that. :oldlol:

And you keep thinking they will :lol their Defense is crap this year and will stay that way, there is no playoff magic that will change that.

Blue&Orange
12-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm gonna just say this...

Knicks just finished their two worst months of their season schedule with a 21-9 record, playing without Amare, Shumpert, Melo, Felton, Camby, Wallace, etc..etc..

Please someone, what other team would have the same record, 2 worst months of their schedule with so many injuries? What team? Heat? :lol OKC? :lol Maybe Clippers maybe Spurs, maybe...

And this one is for the idiot Heat fans that think the Heat is the only team that coasts...

Knicks ranks on the bottom half on opponent scoring through 3 quarters, Knicks ranks number 1, in the 4th quarter.... no one coasts like the Knicks.

So yeah Knicks have a 21-9 playing with the bench and coasting most of the time.

Numbers don't lie, deal with it.

LikeABosh
12-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Heat are just going through the motions right now. They well change gears in the playoffs and kick the Knicks ass.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Heat are just going through the motions right now. They well change gears in the playoffs and kick the Knicks ass.

yeah sure :lol

NA2126
12-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Knicks can beat the Heat come playoff time.. if someone runs LeBron over with their car as he is biking to practice. On a serious note, if Wade comes back to form, he and LeBron are unstoppable. They have leverage in ways other teams don't, the refs are on their side.

DaSeba5
12-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh Knick fans. You always amuse me.

Doranku
12-29-2012, 01:40 PM

Durant>>>Melo
Westbrook>>>Felton
Ibaka=Chandler
Martin>>>JR Smith
Sefolosha=Kidd
Collison>>Sheed

Interesting how "Durant's overrated supporting cast" is better at every position than one of the best teams in the league. :rolleyes:

Nash
12-29-2012, 01:42 PM
yeah sure :lol
Really? You're going down that road? People said the same thing about Chicago beating the Heat and whenever Miami lost against Boston, Chicago or Oklahoma in the regular season people started talking about how they are not enough. If there is anything we've learned about Miami these last 2 years its that they don't really bring their A game in the regular season. They have not even been close to being #1 in the Eastern Conference yet they've made the finals twice.

asdf1990
12-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Really? You're going down that road? People said the same thing about Chicago beating the Heat and whenever Miami lost against Boston, Chicago or Oklahoma in the regular season people started talking about how they are not enough. If there is anything we've learned about Miami these last 2 years its that they don't really bring their A game in the regular season. They have not even been close to being #1 in the Eastern Conference yet they've made the finals twice.

pretty much, I wouldn't be surprised if the heat swept the knicks in the ecf. Knicks have already peaked 2 months into the regular season lol, everyone knows heat peak post all star break going into the post season.

Money 23
12-29-2012, 01:56 PM
pretty much, I wouldn't be surprised if the heat swept the knicks in the ecf. Knicks have already peaked 2 months into the regular season lol, everyone knows heat peak post all star break going into the post season.
This ...

Knicks going Thibs Bulls style and busting their nut prematurely in the regular season.

Relax you silly ass New Yorkers, the Heat got the Eastern Conference on lock. They always elevate their game to another gear in the playoffs.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM

So the heat go from getting blown out by a 50-60% knicks roster twice to sweep a most like fully healthy knicks roster? Man drugs are good. You bron/heat fans are hilarious.You like to bring up how chicago beat them in regular season games but all of those games were close,the bulls did not completely embarrass them like the knicks have.

No ones saying their a lock to beat the heat but some of you stans are giving them no chance at all when this is a different knicks roster, Only setting your selves up to look stupid if your ridiculous expectations dont come true example dallas beatin that @ss in the finals.

BlueandGold
12-29-2012, 03:35 PM
The Knicks are looking more and more complete every day.

They have a wide range of floor/locker-room veterans in Kidd, Felton, Sheed and Kurt Thomas.

They have explosive and athletic talents in Amare, Chandler and Melo.

And finally they have a solid coach that can put it all together in Woodson, will be a scary team for the east come playoff time.

This Knicks team is finally reminding me why I was a Knicks fan in the late 90s: because they aren't in the west.

PJR
12-29-2012, 03:36 PM
You would think followers of a team that has won exactly one single solitary playoff game in 13 years would be a little humble.

I guess not. :oldlol:

We can exchange these grand claims all day, but we all know what the end result will ultimately be.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:03 PM
This ...

Knicks going Thibs Bulls style and busting their nut prematurely in the regular season.

Relax you silly ass New Yorkers, the Heat got the Eastern Conference on lock. They always elevate their game to another gear in the playoffs.

Everyone plays at another level in the playoffs. This logic is ridiculous. And the Heat aren't playing that badly, their only problem is that their defense has suffered due to playing too small. But even then, I see how they can play better in a series with the ability to truly game plan, that's the difference in playoffs, the preparation aspect.

But the reality is, I came into this season thinking the Heat were overrated. They aren't unbeatable. They've never appeared unbeatable. Their weaknesses always show in the postseason, the competition just hasn't been as good as this Knicks team, and some of the other teams in the West this year.

The fact is, their first 2 years they went through a weak Eastern conference. Year 1, the Celtics were old and Wade broke Rondo's damn arm, and well the Bulls didn't have enough scoring, still lost to the Mavs. Year 2, the lockout and lack of free agency ( the underrated aspect of the lockout) killed the competition in the East, and rosters were incomplete. They then matched up with a Thunder team that their small style they switched to in the postseason, matches up with, they took Perkins out of the game, and when OKC goes small...they simply can't do it as well as the Heat because of Durant. Still if Harden didn't simply disappear, it could've been a series.

The type of team they really don't fit well with are the Bulls, but Derrick Rose was their only reliable offense. We never saw how it would look really with Rip and Rose. And the Knicks can play very much like the Bulls as they get their big man rotation back. They can play big, with good defense, and good 3pt shooting and ball movement. The difference is their main scorer is Melo not D Rose (there is a considerable difference) and the Knicks also have more scoring options. They can also play very Mavs 2011 like, only they do that better than them too. In fact they have played very Mavs 2011 like, with Melo in the Dirk role. They're crazy versatile though with their big man rotation, which is what I think their strength ultimately will be. Believe it or not, watching Marcus Camby yesterday and the past few games is what made me want to make this thread. When they get healthy and can either play Sheed or Camby next to Chandler more, I see great things defensively.

Heat have been weak at Center since the Big 3 joined together, but it could be managed better with defensive minded guys like Joel Anthony playing their role, but it killed them offensively. This year as they've decided to go without it, I don't see it being a good thing for them. They've decided to become an offensive team that can get stops when it counts late, and verse teams that actually have a 4 that can take advantage down low, they have no answer. Furthermore, they are weak at pg...struggle to defend them and struggle to make them work on the other end. The Thunder pg killed them last year, the Thunder C got taken out of the game and didn't fit. The Knicks have big advantages at both positions, and at all other positions, they have the talent to compare with the Heat. Last year the Knicks didn't have a pg.

I just think people have this mindset that Lebron (who truly is an all time great talent) is set to go on a tear through the league that will resemble what Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq did, where they had teams that if they went in relatively healthy they're going to breeze through the playoffs no matter what. Well this situation doesn't read that way to me in the least bit... this Heat team has obvious flaws, and Lebron isn't that much better if at all better than guys like Melo/Chris Paul/Durant/and potentially Derrick Rose (maybe next year) as players...who also have championship caliber teams to bring to the table. And overall Melo's team outmatches Lebron's, and these regular season games aren't what I base it off of.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:08 PM
So the heat go from getting blown out by a 50-60% knicks roster twice to sweep a most like fully healthy knicks roster? Man drugs are good. You bron/heat fans are hilarious.You like to bring up how chicago beat them in regular season games but all of those games were close,the bulls did not completely embarrass them like the knicks have.

No ones saying their a lock to beat the heat but some of you stans are giving them no chance at all when this is a different knicks roster, Only setting your selves up to look stupid if your ridiculous expectations dont come true example dallas beatin that @ss in the finals.

I'm pretty close to saying that.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:13 PM
You would think followers of a team that has won exactly one single solitary playoff game in 13 years would be a little humble.

I guess not. :oldlol:

We can exchange these grand claims all day, but we all know what the end result will ultimately be.

I'm a basketball fan, not necessarily a Knicks fan, but I am pulling for them to do it this year.

I just know a good thing when I see one. This team is loaded, and Melo is an assassin.

tpols
12-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Everyone plays at another level in the playoffs. f.
The heat turn it up in ways new york already have or can't control. The heat during the playoffs play much better defense than they do now. In a series where they play the same team over and over they're able to adjust their double teams and on ball pressure to perfection and lock teams down. Every shot becomes contested and they wear you down.

Lebron and Wade also Start attacking the rim more aggressively playing harder than they are now. They wear you down with that shit and it is something you can control.. Aggressively attacking the paint. It's the surest way of getting points.

The knicks on the other hand already are playing defense at their hardest.. They don't have that extra gear or have yet to display it. And the Knicks are a jump shooting team.. You can't turn up your jump showing ability. Shots are either falling or they're not. So they aren't a lock for anything.

This is coming from someone who hates the heat more than the Knicks and would love to see them beat Miami. I like how they're built like the mavs a few years back but even the mavs shouldn't have beat the heat.. They were so fortunate to win. Can't see the Knicks winning unless their three ball is dropping like crazy.

NuggetsFan
12-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm a basketball fan, not necessarily a Knicks fan, but I am pulling for them to do it this year.

I just know a good thing when I see one. This team is loaded, and Melo is an assassin.

You have always been a Carmelo fan. Granted you're not Joyner or 'Bundo. You followed the Nuggets and than now the Knicks, you woulda been following the Nets backing them had Carmelo landed there.

Atleast be honest and call things like they are.

tpols
12-29-2012, 04:36 PM
And you can't compare Dirk to Melo vs the heat because lebron can guard Melo very well and he couldn't guard Dirk. Dirk had Miami's weakest players defending him and he was playing like bird in the clutch. The knicks best offensive weapons are going to have Miami's strongest defenders on them. They'll have a shot but it's gonna be crazy tough

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:45 PM
The heat turn it up in ways new york already have or can't control. The heat during the playoffs play much better defense than they do now. In a series where they play the same team over and over they're able to adjust their double teams and on ball pressure to perfection and lock teams down. Every shot becomes contested and they wear you down.

Lebron and Wade also Start attacking the rim more aggressively playing harder than they are now. They wear you down with that shit and it is something you can control.. Aggressively attacking the paint. It's the surest way of getting points.

The knicks on the other hand already are playing defense at their hardest.. They don't have that extra gear or have yet to display it. And the Knicks are a jump shooting team.. You can't turn up your jump showing ability. Shots are either falling or they're not. So they aren't a lock for anything.

This is coming from someone who hates the heat more than the Knicks and would love to see them beat Miami. I like how they're built like the mavs a few years back but even the mavs shouldn't have beat the heat.. They were so fortunate to win. Can't see the Knicks winning unless their three ball is dropping like crazy.

The Knicks are as much a jump shooting team as the Heat. Well almost. Chandler and Melo are the Knicks current post offense and they both do it very well...Melo happens to also be a great jumpshooter. Felton attacks the paint and creates for his roll guys off the pick and roll. When Amare comes back, talk to me about interior scoring. They're going to have more of it than the Heat.

The Knicks aren't playing defense at their hardest...they're playing it about as hard as the Heat are right now. They coast through the first 3 quarters, HOWEVER, they are the best 4 quarter defensive team in the league.

And I haven't seen the Heat play at a different level defensively than they have in the regular season too much. Like I said, preparation is the only difference and all teams get to do that. The Heat WERE great defensively in the regular season the past 2 years, and they continued it in the postseason. They've always struggled rebounding to an extent vs bigger teams, but now that they've decided to stay small...their defense has become inconsistent and their rebounding has sucked.

That's the problem with people. Message boarders, Analysts, Columnists alike. People like to think that history simply repeats itself...even when things are very different.

People like to think that the Celtics who were on their last legs playing for a last stance through a weak East were simply going to walk to the ECF. Instead of realizing that 3 of their 4 best players are old, and their best player doesn't play like he wants to be a go to guy. They lack size and their defense has slowed down, and these young guys that aren't stars aren't going to carry them.

People like to think that the Knicks couldn't make it work, and that Amare/Melo combo is the problem. Instead of realizing they turned it around last year when they got healthy, found some guard play, and some outside shooting after Woodson took over. Except this year they have excellent guard play, and excellent outside shooting, the reason they struggled to begin last year.

If you think the Heat have a chance of making a series this year look like the Knicks/Heat series last year, then you just aren't paying attention. A million dynamics have changed in those matchups. They didn't have to defend the ball, didn't have to defend the 3pt line, didn't have to defend the drive from guards. They just had to keep Melo from isolating inside and making guys better.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 04:51 PM
The Knicks are as much a jump shooting team as the Heat. Well almost. Chandler and Melo are the Knicks current post offense and they both do it very well...Melo happens to also be a great jumpshooter. Felton attacks the paint and creates for his roll guys off the pick and roll. When Amare comes back, talk to me about interior scoring. They're going to have more of it than the Heat.

The Knicks aren't playing defense at their hardest...they're playing it about as hard as the Heat are right now. They coast through the first 3 quarters, HOWEVER, they are the best 4 quarter defensive team in the league.

And I haven't seen the Heat play at a different level defensively than they have in the regular season too much. Like I said, preparation is the only difference and all teams get to do that. The Heat WERE great defensively in the regular season the past 2 years, and they continued it in the postseason. They've always struggled rebounding to an extent vs bigger teams, but now that they've decided to stay small...their defense has become inconsistent and their rebounding has sucked.

That's the problem with people. Message boarders, Analysts, Columnists alike. People like to think that history simply repeats itself...even when things are very different.

People like to think that the Celtics who were on their last legs playing for a last stance through a weak East were simply going to walk to the ECF. Instead of realizing that 3 of their 4 best players are old, and their best player doesn't play like he wants to be a go to guy. They lack size and their defense has slowed down, and these young guys that aren't stars aren't going to carry them.

People like to think that the Knicks couldn't make it work, and that Amare/Melo combo is the problem. Instead of realizing they turned it around last year when they got healthy, found some guard play, and some outside shooting after Woodson took over. Except this year they have excellent guard play, and excellent outside shooting, the reason they struggled to begin last year.

If you think the Heat have a chance of making a series this year look like the Knicks/Heat series last year, then you just aren't paying attention. A million dynamics have changed in those matchups. They didn't have to defend the ball, didn't have to defend the 3pt line, didn't have to defend the drive from guards. They just had to keep Melo from isolating inside and making guys better.

http://i.imgur.com/JSBTl.gif

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:51 PM
You have always been a Carmelo fan. Granted you're not Joyner or 'Bundo. You followed the Nuggets and than now the Knicks, you woulda been following the Nets backing them had Carmelo landed there.

Atleast be honest and call things like they are.

True. But at the same time I followed Kidd's Nets, before then the Portland Blazers and Sac Kings. Before then Jordan/Pippen's Bulls and Barkley where ever. Then the Big 3 Celtics. I'm originally from Alabama, I have no allegiances to any team.

But while I was following the Nuggets or hoping they won...find one time when I didn't say how incomplete their roster was, and please find another time when I said they'd win anything. I only just started to believe in the 2008-9 squad after they cockslapped the Mavs.

I can follow teams, but I still tell it like it is. And the Knicks are the most dynamic team in the league (when healthy at least). They're still pretty bad ass when they're not though.

RRR3
12-29-2012, 04:55 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/efgeas.png

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/efgeas.png

Lebron and the entire Heat team. Bron can't stop Melo, ****outtahere.

Teanett
12-29-2012, 05:03 PM
. They'll have a shot but it's gonna be crazy tough

well... it's not going to be easy but it's not as hopeless as it was for a decade.

asdf1990
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM

the heat got blown out in game one the ecf that year by the bulls (21 points) and ended up backdoor sweeping them. the heat were like 0-5 vs the bulls at that point that season. Heat make adjustments better than anyone in the league. Can't wait till the heat shit on the knicks in the playoffs that is if they can finally win their first series in 13 years.

Lebron23
12-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Miami Heat in 5 or 6 games. They are a much better defensive team in the playoffs.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 05:24 PM
the heat got blown out in game one the ecf that year by the bulls (21 points) and ended up backdoor sweeping them. the heat were like 0-5 vs the bulls at that point that season. Heat make adjustments better than anyone in the league. Can't wait till the heat shit on the knicks in the playoffs that is if they can finally win their first series in 13 years.

Wrong :lol heat were 2-2 against the bulls that season and all of them were close games go look it up. Yes chicago won by 21 one game but the heat were a different team back then,they are not the same now.

The knicks are not the bulls who were solely dependent on rose to win them games, and the heat have all kinds of matchup problems with this knicks roster. So you keep thinking They are unbeatable in the playoffs, Keep living in the past and set yourself up to look stupid later :lol

PJR
12-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Gonna have to bookmark this thread for future lulz. :oldlol:

kNicKz
12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Does it matter? Does not change the fact that your team aint winning a title this year.

Yes? :roll: Is your team even on pace for the playoffs at this point?

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Gonna have to bookmark this thread for future lulz. :oldlol:

Go ahead bookmark, screenshot, do whatever helps you sleep at night. No one is guaranteeing anything but heat fans.

kNicKz
12-29-2012, 05:55 PM
lol typical Knicks fans, its by far the funniest thing to read on ISH when a Knicks fans talk to other teams 'How many titles your team has won?'. They are acting like their shitty team is the symbol of NBA.

Please quote anywhere in my post where I said anything about winning a title or anything about the knicks being the symbol of the NBA

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Please quote anywhere in my post where I said anything about winning a title or anything about the knicks being the symbol of the NBA

Exactly no one is guaranteeing anything but heat fans in particular are b**c**n crying at people just for speculating that another team can have success besides the heat.

PJR
12-29-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gl4_UDJYic

Just a lil reminder to Knicks fans on what playoff level intesity Miami Heat defense looks like.

Carmelo STRUGGLING just to establish posistion on the wing.

Fronting and backing. Hard closes on shooters. Consistent swarming to the basketball.

Same personnel. Same result.

Ya'll are in for another RUDE awakening.

Hank
12-29-2012, 06:04 PM
the knickerbonkers rip through the east ??

then go ahead and bet on them winning the east.

The only thing that will rip in the end... is you ripping your betting ticket right before you throw it in the trash can.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 06:05 PM

Just a lil reminder to Knicks fans on what playoff level intesity defense looks like.

Hard closes on shooters. Consistent swarming to the basketball.

Hi my name is PJR i like to live in the past. I think the Heat will win 10 championships in a row because they have magical defensive powers in the playoffs and they cant be beat.

Please explain how the knicks have the same personel as last year?

PJR
12-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi my name is PJR i like to live in the past. I think the Heat will win 10 championships in a row because they have magical defensive powers in the playoffs and they cant be beat.

Please explain how the knicks have the same personel as last year?

You sound a lil upset.

You think Raymond Felton, 40 year old Jason Kidd, and Pablo Prigioni are going to close the gap? Because that's basically the only difference. You think those dudes are going to consistently pierce the gaps of an engaged Heat screen & roll defense? Good luck on that.

Humor me as to how the Knicks are going to keep LeBron and Wade out of the paint?

francesco totti
12-29-2012, 06:19 PM
True. But at the same time I followed Kidd's Nets, before then the Portland Blazers and Sac Kings. Before then Jordan/Pippen's Bulls and Barkley where ever. Then the Big 3 Celtics. I'm originally from Alabama, I have no allegiances to any team.

But while I was following the Nuggets or hoping they won...find one time when I didn't say how incomplete their roster was, and please find another time when I said they'd win anything. I only just started to believe in the 2008-9 squad after they cockslapped the Mavs.

I can follow teams, but I still tell it like it is. And the Knicks are the most dynamic team in the league (when healthy at least). They're still pretty bad ass when they're not though.

I would argue that nuggets team with AI/Melo was better then this knicks team.Difference being they were playing in west conference, and now knicks play in the watered down east conference.

This knicks team is like 8 - 6 vs west this year, barely above .500 .San antonio is 10 - 2 vs east, OKC 10 - 3 , Memphis 9 - 2, Clippers 9 - 3...

Knicks are racking up wins in a very easy conference.You put them in west, there record wouldnt be this good.

Only Miami is showing a dominant record out of the east against western teams

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
You sound a lil upset.

You think Raymond Felton, 40 year old Jason Kidd, and Pablo Prigioni are going to close the gap? Because that's basically the only difference. You think those dudes are going to consistnetly pierce the gaps of an engaged Heat screen & roll defense? Good luck on that.

Humour me as to how the Knicks are going to keep LeBron and Wade out of the paint?

Well they sure closed the gap in the 2 head to head match ups thats for sure,and nobody can keep bron out the paint but they can control semi washed up wade. How can you bring up felton when he lit the heat up recently i have no clue, But to think the heat will suddenly dominate a full healthy knicks roster is just baffling. Two different years two different teams.

tpols
12-29-2012, 06:24 PM
You sound a lil upset.

You think Raymond Felton, 40 year old Jason Kidd, and Pablo Prigioni are going to close the gap? Because that's basically the only difference. You think those dudes are going to consistnetly pierce the gaps of an engaged Heat screen & roll defense? Good luck on that.

Humour me as to how the Knicks are going to keep LeBron and Wade out of the paint?
Um.. I think the heat will win because of their amped up defense but this is the wrong argument to make. Kidd had a huge impact in 2011 and watching him now I think he's even better on this knick team. He feeds Melo at the perfect times and spots and makes rhe whole offense gel.. He's literally the bridge between melos selfish isos and the rest of the teams offense. He's so crucial to the team its not funny. And Felton is way better than Tony Douglass and Mike bibby.. Way way way better.

PJR
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Well they sure closed the gap in the 2 head to head match ups thats for sure

If you think two singular game sample sizes in the regular season is a barometer to what is to come in the post-season, then I have some shorefront property I'd like to show you in Compton. :oldlol:

Basically, the only way the Knicks beat Heat is if LeBron somehow completly disengages himself as a threat ala the 2011 Finals. And there's a snowballs chance of that happening ever again.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Um.. I think the heat will win because of their amped up defense but this is the wrong argument to make. Kidd had a huge impact in 2011 and watching him now I think he's even better on this knick team. He feeds Melo at the perfect times and spots and makes rhe whole offense gel.. He's literally the bridge between melos selfish isos and the rest of the teams offense. He's so crucial to the team its not funny. And Felton is way better than Tony Douglass and Mike bibby.. Way way way better.

Kidd helps, but the bridge between Melo's isos and the rest of the team's offense is Felton and the 3pt shooting. Melo's isos are meant for him to either take advantage of one on one or to draw help and allow his teammates to take advantage. The 3pt shooting and ball movement is the outlet for that. But the Knicks 2nd option and actual offense that allows everyone involved are the speed pick and rolls from Felton and Chandler. Kidd's genius is that he just does whatever is needed at the time, and guys like Melo and JR are following suit in that regard. Kidd's also preached ball movement, and whether he's on the court or not...it happens as long as either the pick and roll or Melo breaking down the D happens.

PJR
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM

I'm not denying that Kidd hasn't had an impact on the Knicks this year.

But I'm also saying, it's isn't enough to close the gap.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
If you think two singular game sample sizes in the regular season is a barometer to what is to come in the post-season, then I have some shorefront property I'd like to show you in Compton. :oldlol:

Basically, the only way the Knicks beat Heat is if LeBron somehow completly disengages himself as a threat ala the 2011 Finals. And there's a snowballs chance of that happening ever again.

One thing i have learned is there is no arguing with "heat fans". This knicks team is a least 12 deep but people think the almighty Lebron can defeat them by himself. Im done like a said no one is guaranteeing anything but as it stands present 12/29/12 its knicks 2-0 in dominating fashion on BOTH side of the floor and theres nothing you can say or do about now. In the future that might change nobody knows but thats what it is, deal with it.

Papaya Petee
12-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Wrong :lol heat were 2-2 against the bulls that season and all of them were close games go look it up. Yes chicago won by 21 one game but the heat were a different team back then,they are not the same now.

The knicks are not the bulls who were solely dependent on rose to win them games, and the heat have all kinds of matchup problems with this knicks roster. So you keep thinking They are unbeatable in the playoffs, Keep living in the past and set yourself up to look stupid later :lol

The **** you moron? They lost 1 game in Miami and 2 in Chicago, they were 0-3 coming into the series, the lost game 1 which made it 0-4.

Don't pull stats out of your ass you lost ALL credibility.

If the Knicks take Miami to a game 6 it'll be a miracle, of course if Boston doesn't destroy them first.

kNicKz
12-29-2012, 06:48 PM
You sound a lil upset.

You think Raymond Felton, 40 year old Jason Kidd, and Pablo Prigioni are going to close the gap? Because that's basically the only difference. You think those dudes are going to consistently pierce the gaps of an engaged Heat screen & roll defense? Good luck on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRn0hDc5BtE

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
I would argue that nuggets team with AI/Melo was better then this knicks team.Difference being they were playing in west conference, and now knicks play in the watered down east conference.

This knicks team is like 8 - 6 vs west this year, barely above .500 .San antonio is 10 - 2 vs east, OKC 10 - 3 , Memphis 9 - 2, Clippers 9 - 3...

Knicks are racking up wins in a very easy conference.You put them in west, there record wouldnt be this good.

Only Miami is showing a dominant record out of the east against western teams

The Knicks have had one of the tougher schedules in the league and have had more injuries than any of those teams. They have 3 losses directly related to Melo not playing.

But onto the AI thing....:biggums: AI and that team was a 7 seconds or less Iso team, that had no floor spacing, and too many injuries to the frontcourt. AI was so selfish they had to start Anthony Carter...to try and get some semblance of pg play and defense at the pg position, and it killed them more often than not. The guards refused to play transition D (AI) and were averaging a crazy amount of turnovers. I said it before training camp, this year is the best team built around Melo and that is even without Amare playing. The 3pt shooting and pg play is the difference, and reason I say that. You see unlike certain people...Melo can actually play off the ball and evidently be dominant (same way he did with AI).

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 06:55 PM
The **** you moron? They lost 1 game in Miami and 2 in Chicago, they were 0-3 coming into the series, the lost game 1 which made it 0-4.

Don't pull stats out of your ass you lost ALL credibility.

If the Knicks take Miami to a game 6 it'll be a miracle, of course if Boston doesn't destroy them first.

In the regular season last year?

Sun 29 vs Chicago
American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL
W 97-93

March Opponent Result
Wed 14 @ Chicago
United Center, Chicago, IL
L 102-106

April Opponent Result
Thu 12 @ Chicago
L 86-96

Thu 19 vs Chicago
W 83-72

isnt that 2-2?

Now go outside and go play:lol :roll: :roll:

PJR
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
One thing i have learned is there is no arguing with "heat fans". This knicks team is a least 12 deep but people think the almighty Lebron can defeat them by himself. Im done like a said no one is guaranteeing anything but as it stands present 12/29/12 its knicks 2-0 in dominating fashion on BOTH side of the floor and theres nothing you can say or do about now. In the future that might change nobody knows but thats what it is, deal with it.

I'm sorry if I feel the Knicks aren't that good. I don't.

I don't think relying on 30 three point attempts a game, and one isolation scorer is going to translate to the postseason.

PJR
12-29-2012, 06:59 PM

Sun 29 vs Chicago
W 97-93

March Opponent Result
Wed 14 @ Chicago
L 102-106

April Opponent Result
Thu 12 @ Chicago
L 86-96

Thu 19 vs Chicago
W 83-72

isnt that 2-2?

You must be pretty dense.

Miami didn't even play Chicago in the post-season last year, so why would anyone be bringing that up?

Clearly, the discussion was about the 2010-11 season, where infact Chicago did sweep Miami in the regular season, only to get backdoor swept in 5 games in the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry if I don't feel the Knicks aren't that good. I don't.

I don't think relying on 30 three point attempts a game, and one isolation scorer is going to translate to the postseason.

Its not their fault their able to get alot of open 3's from ball movement.. well i get it is, and they have more than one scorer but you refuse to open your eyes and will believe what ever the media tells you to :lol

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 07:03 PM

Just a lil reminder to Knicks fans on what playoff level intesity Miami Heat defense looks like.

Fronting and backing. Hard closes on shooters. Consistent swarming to the basketball.

I remember....Like I said took the whole team to defend him. But he was basically playing alone....JR Smith basically had to play pg along with Melo...and their only offense was Melo in the post to try and get the shooters open.

Melo adjusted, they put the ball in his hands from the perimeter and he got his points and had some high scoring games. HOWEVER, if the Heat tried to play him like that this year it would be their own undoing. The pg penetration, the pick and roll game, and of course the 3pt shooting is simply good enough to **** them up giving Melo that much attention (perhaps a healthy Amare too). Their court spacing is too good for them to play him that way.

The other difference between last postseason and this year is they actually have a system that allows for counter attacks. When teams front Melo now, they spin him off or give him Hi/Low passes allowing for easy baskets.

Obviously the Heat beat a decimated Knicks team. Totally incomplete. The Heat could've beaten the Knicks on turnovers alone. Why do Felton and Kidd make a difference, as well as the court spacing? Check out the Knicks historic turnover differential, and ask why that won't make a difference vs a team that NEEDS turnovers.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry if I feel the Knicks aren't that good. I don't.

They don't rely on 3s, they're just really good at it. Without Melo, yeah they do rely on it. I think the Knicks could give the Heat trouble without Amare, but it would take a great effort from Melo. However, with Amare (and I don't think he has to be dominant by any means, just a threat) I think they're the favorites in that series.

Papaya Petee
12-29-2012, 07:07 PM

Sun 29 vs Chicago
W 97-93

March Opponent Result
Wed 14 @ Chicago
L 102-106

April Opponent Result
Thu 12 @ Chicago
L 86-96

Thu 19 vs Chicago
W 83-72

isnt that 2-2?

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: they played in the playoffs 2 YEARS ago you moron. Why the **** are you bringing up last years regular season games? You're dumber then I thought.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 07:10 PM
You must be pretty dense.

Miami didn't even play Chicago in the post-season last year, so why would anyone be bringing that up?

Clearly, the discussion was about the 2010-11 season, where infact Chicago did sweep Miami in the regular season, only to get backdoor swept in 5 games in the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals.

Correct i completely got last year mixed with the year before :facepalm but my argument still stands that this knicks team is not the same as that chicago team. All of those games chicago won were very close except game 1, 4 points being the biggest differential, they never dominated the heat like the knicks have.

francesco totti
12-29-2012, 07:14 PM
You talk about floor spacing being main strength of the knicks, infact with amare returning to starting lineup.. that would be thrown out of the window.Both amare, and melo like to play in the high-post area.
Infact some games I seen, Knicks were working perfect with melo at the 4.
There was one game they used rasheed wallace at the 5 ( off the bench)..and all of them were standing on the 3 point line..passing the ball crazy manner..then sheed knocking out a 3.

With Amare/Chandler/Melo I dont see floor spacing they are having now.
If anything their current game plan ( which is successful to them till now) will change with amare returning.

PJR
12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
They don't rely on 3s, they're just really good at it. Without Melo, yeah they do rely on it. I think the Knicks could give the Heat trouble without Amare, but it would take a great effort from Melo. However, with Amare (and I don't think he has to be dominant by any means, just a threat) I think they're the favorites in that series.

Boy stop.

Do you know the Knicks have made Amare avaialble to EVERY team? For nothing.

And I mean every team. You don't believe me?

“This past summer, the Knicks offered Stoudemire to nearly every team in the league,” Howard Beck writes in the New York Times. The team made the 30-year old forward “available for free,” according to a rival executive, but were unable to find any takers thanks to concerns about Stoudemire’s health, production and huge contract.

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-knicks-made-amare-stoudemire-available-for-free-during-offseason-wanted-to-trade-him-for-dwight-howard/

There's a reason for it. Well a couple.

For one, he's a turnstile on defense. Amare is some of the poorest defensive awareness you'll find in a player. Amare is terrible on the screen and roll. I mean horrific. He also has a ticking time bomb in his knee, that can go off at any minute.

The Knicks don't even want him, so what in the world makes you think they're favorites in a series with Miami? Especially considering he didn't do shit last year? I find that to be rather delusional thinking, but you're entitled to your opinion. :oldlol:

Young X
12-29-2012, 07:16 PM
People seriously think this team could beat the Heat in a 7 game series? Really? :facepalm

PJR
12-29-2012, 07:18 PM
You talk about floor spacing being main strength of the knicks, infact with amare returning to starting lineup.. that would be thrown out of the window.Both amare, and melo like to play in the high-post area.

EXACTLY.

The Knicks themseleves don't want Amare anywhere near the court. :oldlol:

Not only does he sucks on defense, but the way he manufactures his offense destroys their spacing. It's hilarious to think he's going to be any sort of difference maker.

jimmy77x
12-29-2012, 07:19 PM
People seriously think this team could beat the Heat in a 7 game series? Really? :facepalm

Great contribution you stated so many facts, i mean how can anyone dispute the evidence you just displayed i guess the knicks really dont have a chance.

Y2Gezee
12-29-2012, 07:26 PM
They offered him for nothing, so they'd be able to spend 20 million dollars. That's not for nothing. That's everything, especially when you know you've got a team that can compete with anyone even without him

That logic doesn't mean Amare can't help this team. They don't have a 2nd option at all. They have a whole lot of scorers, but Chandler/JR/Felton are like great 4th options on a great team...that can pass for 3rd options.

Amare is needed, and for people to say the Knicks need to score in the paint more...but they don't need Amare is silly. He's exactly what they need. However, it's not Melo that he can't play with. Melo and Amare can space the floor for each other if needed as they both can play in the post and shoot the open J. It's Tyson and Amare lacking pick and roll chances that hurts each other's production, as Tyson is useless without being featured there as that's his only form of offense....Amare still can get his in other ways. Amare has been one of the best midrange big man shooters for the past decade...KG like jumpshot. He can still space the floor. Besides, Amare is playing off the bench for much of the game. When he's in there with the other 2, he's a jumpshooter.

2010splash
12-29-2012, 07:43 PM
The Heat would run all over them in a 7 game series. Knicks aren't even better than a healthy Bulls with Rose.

Y2Gezee
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Who's coming with me

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3705293_o.gif

You can hang on to the myth that Lebron is good enough to beat anyone if you'd like. But the Knicks > Heat...Knicks > the Field. I can't recall a team with no weaknesses like this.

It's like the 2011 Mavs on crack. 2 Dirks (Melo/Amare) and a JR off the bench

tpols
02-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Knicks currently hold the 5th easiest schedule in the entire league. :lol

Cannot WAIT for this bump. Bookmarked.

Y2Gezee
02-05-2013, 06:38 PM

No team is coasting to the playoffs like the Knicks are. If the playoffs are about matchups (and they totally are). Who in the hell can matchup with them? The Knicks can matchup with everyone. Can't wait to see Lebron drive into Tyson and Camby

niko
02-05-2013, 06:40 PM

I think you are wrong on all of this btw. Hollinger's stupid formulas which are entirely based on home/away, strength of opponent etc. has the Nets way under the Knicks. I don't see how that reconciles with what you are saying.

LikeABosh
02-05-2013, 06:43 PM
No team is coasting to the playoffs like the Knicks are. If the playoffs are about matchups (and they totally are). Who in the hell can matchup with them? The Knicks can matchup with everyone. Can't wait to see Lebron drive into Tyson and Camby
Just like last playoffs?

niko
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
-Nets have played 1 more home and 1 more game away than Knicks.
-Knicks have played three more games vs. the West.
-We have a better road record than Nets.

Essentially you are taking strength of schedule which has the Nets at about 50% and the Knicks opponents at about 49%.

Knicks have also showed up better in important games than the Nets have. The Knicks are 2-0 vs. the Heat, the Nets 0-3. We beat SA twice, they shitted on you literally. We are 2-2 against each other and the only non competitive game was a Knick victory. We are 1-1 against Lakers, let's see how you do tonight. You've beaten Orlando FOUR freaking times.

The thought the Knicks are ahead because we played a tough schedule and the Nets didn't is stupid. Basically you took the strength of schedule stat and used it like it was the NCAA football as opposed to something where everyone is almost the same.

niko
02-05-2013, 06:47 PM
BTW, despite me shitting on the fact the Knicks record is inflated by schedule (nice try though) i think the premise that the Knicks rip through the East is silly.

tpols
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Essentially you are taking strength of schedule which has the Nets at about 50% and the Knicks opponents at about 49%.
The difference between the team with the hardest schedule and the easiest schedule is under 5 percent with all but four teams outside of the 49-51 percent range. The numbers in SOS will always be close.. It's the nature of a stat that is computing wins(50) and losses(50) with a giant giant sample being taken. Doesn't change the fact that you guys have had a cupcake schedule compared to the rest of the league.

jimmy77x
02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Who's coming with me

You can hang on to the myth that Lebron is good enough to beat anyone if you'd like. But the Knicks > Heat...Knicks > the Field. I can't recall a team with no weaknesses like this.

It's like the 2011 Mavs on crack. 2 Dirks (Melo/Amare) and a JR off the bench

Too early to bump this man, lets the knicks continue to let their playing do the talking. This only gives the haters more ammo.

niko
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
The difference between the team with the hardest schedule and the easiest schedule is under 5 percent with all but four teams outside of the 49-51 percent range. The numbers in SOS will always be close.. It's the nature of a stat that is computing wins(50) and losses(50) with a giant giant sample being taken. Doesn't change the fact that you guys have had a cupcake schedule compared to the rest of the league.
It's all the same, the fact you want to misinterpet a stat that shows nothing but everyone is close in schedule strength doesn't make it more valid. And i'm not going to argue with you because people using stats incorrectly makes for poor discussion. :cheers:

If 50 people are in a room, and 48 are 5'11'', 1 is 6'' and another is 5'10'', does that mean the 6'' person is much much much much taller than the 5'10'' person? Because they are 50 people apart in the ranking!

PJR
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261087

Deja Vu. :oldlol:

niko
02-05-2013, 07:04 PM
It's a stupid thread. Could the Knicks win the East? YES. But it would be hard, and it would involve a monumental upset of the Heat. And i don't want to hear from Nets, Celtics, etc. because we've played better than you. You can argue somewhere else.

But RIP through the East? Based on what? Our uneven play and frequent injuries?

Blue&Orange
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Doesn't change the fact that you guys have had a cupcake schedule compared to the rest of the league.
February will be the easiest month and in no way shape or form March and April will be harder than November December.

So it's safe to say Knicks will be the first team in the history of the NBA to end the season with a cupcake schedule.

Y2Gezee
02-05-2013, 07:26 PM
It's a stupid thread. Could the Knicks win the East? YES. But it would be hard, and it would involve a monumental upset of the Heat. And i don't want to hear from Nets, Celtics, etc. because we've played better than you. You can argue somewhere else.

But RIP through the East? Based on what? Our uneven play and frequent injuries?

Calling Knicks over Heat a monumental upset is stupid.

I know what I'm doing...I don't care about the regular season. IMO the first 2 wins over the Heat are flukes and mean nothing.

I don't think the Knicks have had uneven play much this year. They have probably been the most injured team to start the season in the league and have an elite record. This recent bad stretch missed their starting pg, was a slow recovery for maybe their 2nd best player, and Carmelo was also in and out of the lineup 4 different times since Dec (very underrated), and are still working in their starting 2/3 in Shumpert. Imagine their record without the Carmelo and Felton missed games.

This team is loaded. And the idea that Lebron alone is enough to make this a mismatch is stupid too. Lebron's amazing, consistent and may best player in the world, but Carmelo is right there with him in terms of impact. But the Knicks overall roster has 0 flaws and crazy depth. I make this thread because I think the Heat beating them would be an upset, and just because the Heat won the damn title last year doesn't change that. Nor does the Knicks playoff record in the last 10 years, this is a new team

The Knicks have the best frontcourt in the NBA by far...all can get their points inside. They have one of the best pg situations in the league...best guard situations period. Interior defense, and multiple guys to throw at perimeter superstars, and 2 offensive superstars themselves.

Like I said before, this is a superteam of the highest order, I'm just driving the bandwagon before it gets too crowded. And I'm keeping names of the haters and non believers... you sir are on my list :coleman:

You all know I know my shit

Mr. Incredible
02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
We'll see come playoff time.

Y2Gezee
02-05-2013, 07:30 PM
We'll see come playoff time.

Without a drop of troll in my body, I seriously LOL @ the Knicks not having the best team in the East. They have advantages over the Heat all over the court.

jimmy77x
02-05-2013, 07:35 PM

I know what I'm doing...I don't care about the regular season. IMO the first 2 wins over the Heat are flukes and mean nothing.

I don't think the Knicks have had uneven play much this year. They have probably been the most injured team to start the season in the league and have an elite record. This recent bad stretch missed their starting pg, was a slow recovery for maybe their 2nd best player, and Carmelo was also in and out of the lineup 4 different times since Dec (very underrated), and are still working in their starting 2/3 in Shumpert. Imagine their record without the Carmelo and Felton missed games.

This team is loaded. And the idea that Lebron alone is enough to make this a mismatch is stupid too. Lebron's amazing, consistent and may best player in the world, but Carmelo is right there with him in terms of impact. But the Knicks overall roster has 0 flaws and crazy depth. I make this thread because I think the Heat beating them would be an upset, and just because the Heat won the damn title last year doesn't change that. Nor does the Knicks playoff record in the last 10 years, this is a new team

The Knicks have the best frontcourt in the NBA by far...all can get their points inside. They have one of the best pg situations in the league...best guard situations period. Interior defense, and multiple guys to throw at perimeter superstars, and 2 offensive superstars themselves.

Like I said before, this is a superteam of the highest order, I'm just driving the bandwagon before it gets too crowded. And I'm keeping names of the haters and non believers... you sir are on my list :coleman:

I understand your point man and im confident they could make some noise also but let the knicks do the talking on the court. Dont give the haters any more reason to continue their job in Hating. Even though they are looking like one of the best teams in the league, have to stay humble. Its been a struggle these past 10 years with terrible management so we're not in position to be cocky,but confident.

G-train
02-05-2013, 07:39 PM

The knicks have had injuries - but why?
The fact they have many old and injury prone players is the biggest reason.

You say Melo has same impact as Lebron - I disagree. Lebron's offensive and defensive play style is clearly above Melo for overall impact.
In fact its ARGUABLE that Wade is as good as Melo at the moment.

Thats 2 players potentially in the top 10, plus ARGUABLY a top 3 power forward, and a set of role players designed for playoff success on both ends.

It would be an upset for NY to beat the reigning champion Heat who are experienced and have felt the sting of defeat as a group in the finals, and also success.

Blue&Orange
02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
The knicks have had injuries - but why?
The fact they have many old and injury prone players is the biggest reason.

Melo, Felton, Shumpert, Amare are old? Thanks for the heads up.

G-train
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Melo, Felton, Shumpert, Amare are old? Thanks for the heads up.

Obviously I mean that some players are old and some are injury prone and some are both.
Amare is prone.
Felton was overweight all last season, obviously lost weight but still candidate for injury.
Kidd/Wallace/Camby are old.

Y2Gezee
02-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I understand your point man and im confident they could make some noise also but let the knicks do the talking on the court. Dont give the haters any more reason to continue their job in Hating. Even though they are looking like one of the best teams in the league, have to stay humble. Its been a struggle these past 10 years with terrible management so we're not in position to be cocky,but confident.

Haters gone hate. If I'm wrong I'll take the heat. If you recall I originally started this thread immediately after the first Sacramento loss so I could get as much heat as possible...I'm not being cocky I simply have the upmost belief in this roster. In fact the day they got felton I said that this was the best team in the East. People still were putting them around 6th.

I believe in my ability to analyze rosters, matchups, and what's showing on the court. And as long as the Knicks play defense first and foremost (along with health...that's the biggest factor)...I just think they have waaaaaaay too much on offense for other teams.

Just saying don't be shocked when I'm right.

Nash
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
If knicks can avoid playing Boston in the 1st round they will at least finally get past it.

eliteballer
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
They match up really well with Miami and I don't see another team that would give them a whole lot of trouble besides MAYBE Chicago.

Patrick Chewing
02-06-2013, 12:09 AM
If knicks can avoid playing Boston in the 1st round they will at least finally get past it.

Boston won't make it into the playoffs.

305Baller
02-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Maybe the whole league.

I've gone on record by saying on paper, they are the most dynamic roster in the NBA. Now that I've basically seen everybody play except their 2nd and 4th best player (Amare and Iman), I'm ready to declare them the best roster on the court. Now that I've seen in particular what Marcus Camby (most importantly), Pablo Prigioni, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace even Chris Copeland can give them.

They basically could start any of these guys and fit them in, and the one that's started the most (Kurt Thomas) is easily the worst and probably won't find minutes when they get Sheed and Amare back. But the beauty of it is they basically have a 3 man backup rotation of players that can play backup 4/5 in Sheed/Camby/Kurt Thomas and all 3 are simply insurance policies for each other and the main 3 man big rotation of Chandler/Amare/Carmelo. Same at pg. They have 3 starter quality pgs, 2 of them are old and are basically insurance policies for the other.

They are the best pick and roll team in basketball, that has 3 pgs that excel in the PnR, plus Melo/JR/Shumpert can run the pick and roll very well. Then they have a plethora of bigs, including Melo, who can finish out of it either by rolling or the jumper. Due to this versatility, they run the pick and roll out of no where, and catch teams by surprise. Amare is arguably the best pick and roll finishing big in the history of the game, and he looks to return next week.

They have an MVP candidate who has carried their role players to one of the best records in the league so far. I'd expect his scoring to drop a bit once Amare steps in, but that's only going to make him better. They rely on Melo too much to keep their offense flowing, in Amare you basically get another Melo who can do the same thing when he's off the court, and for Melo to play off of from the perimeter.

Amare and JR Smith off the bench will be a scary punch off the bench, included with Novak, Prigioni maybe an all time great scoring punch off the bench. I mean clearly Amare should be one of the best players off the bench in league history, and they really need interior scoring when Melo or Chandler are out.

They play hard and have a lot of fight, and really their roster allows them to play any style. And they actually do play a lot of styles offensively. They have an answer for everything that any team in the league has to offer. 2 defensive first perimeter stoppers in Shumpert and R. Brewer, plus Melo, Felton, JR can lock in (I'm looking at the Heat/Thunder/Spurs as I bring that up). They may be the biggest team in the league and all of their bigs (minus Melo) are athletic enough that they can play both 4 and 5, meaning they can play any of them next to each other (I'm looking at Chicago, Memphis, LAC and LAL here).

If people go into the postseason, thinking the Heat (and I don't care how well they're playing) are going to walk through the East. You'd better think again. As long as Carmelo and Chandler in particular are healthy in the postseason, they're going to be a scary force. A team with no weaknesses, Amazing depth at all positions, with great leadership, with the right coach, all having 1 goal.

I just wanted to create, bookmark, and bring back up this thread later so I can say I told you so.

wtf does dynamic mean, anyways...

Clutch
02-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Boston won't make it into the playoffs.
Yes they will. Who is going to overtake them ? Suxers :oldlol:
Or maybe Pistons or the Raptors :roll:

Y2Gezee
02-06-2013, 01:23 AM
wtf does dynamic mean, anyways...

In this sense. It means they have more pieces that can impact matchups than any team in the league.

They have one of the biggest teams in the league (well will when either Camby/Sheed get back maybe even the biggest), all their bigs can give strong impactful minutes. And they start Carmelo at power forward, and their pg last year Iman at small forward @ 6'5. And their 2nd best player backs up their 2 all star big men. Meaning they can play anybody's style or force you to play theirs, and out match teams either way.

Big Cheese
02-06-2013, 01:44 AM
as long as woody is their coach i dont see the knicks as much of a playoff threat.

Killbot
02-06-2013, 02:01 AM

Shawn Kemp. :banana:

CHi1PriDe
02-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Rip???? Hahahaha. Do you realize you guys lost to the bulls 3 times this year without Rose? Not to mention jimmy buckets excelling with more playing time. if anything, it'll be the heat :facepalm

Clutch
02-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Rip???? Hahahaha. Do you realize you guys lost to the bulls 3 times this year without Rose? Not to mention jimmy buckets excelling with more playing time. if anything, it'll be the heat :facepalm
Knicks wiped the floor with the Heat twice this season,once without Melo.
I guess that means Knicks would destroy the Heat in a playoff series.

There are some good Bulls fans on the board but then there are people like you :facepalm

Blue&Orange
02-06-2013, 07:40 AM
People keep underrating the Bulls, yes heat beat them 4-1, while scoring 7 more points. The 4-1 is misleading.

Bulls this year seem more solid and with more depth, with a healthy Rose they will be easily a top team in the NBA and instant contender.

As i see it

Heat > Bulls & Knicks > Pacers > Nets

I think all this teams have a chance to reach the finals. Nets may be a reach, they are increible inconsistent and it's not just game to game, even in the same game they go from looking like a contender to looking like the worst team in the NBA.

#1SportsFan86
02-06-2013, 07:50 AM
The Pacers and Bulls should be the main 2 team the Knicks should avoid in the playoffs, I still think the Knicks are a bad mtach up for the Heat because the Knicks are deep with great leadership from J-Kidd and Chandler, also the Knicks don't turn the ball over and that's something the heat live off of.

SilkkTheShocker
02-06-2013, 08:45 AM
I have a hard time seeing them beat Miami, Indy, Chicago, or Boston in a playoff series. They really aren't that good. And lets not forget how their best player is a career loser. 8 one and dones in the playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
02-06-2013, 08:51 AM

Amazing there are stlll people that believe Melo is on LeBron's level. :oldlol:

Y2Gezee
02-06-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't mean to discount the Bulls. Noah IMO is the best center in the NBA this year (not by any large margin and its arguable, but if I had to have a guy, it would be him)...Deng is a legit all star...Boozer is even having an all star type year. Could they be champs this year? Possible. However I believe that they would need Rose to be at that MVP level...even come playoff time its hard to imagine he'll be at that level this year. And even if he does, that places them right there with the Heat...meaning not a better roster than the Knicks.

The Pacers...I'm disregarding. Good team, but Roy Hibbert is who we thought he was before his contract year.

The East is actually really underrated this year in large because of injuries. Injuries to the Pacers (wouldn't make them legit contenders, but them healthy may be as good as the Grizz or so). Injuries to the Knicks with Amare, Shump, Felton, Melo (Would have a OKC type record if not for that month with Felton and Melo missing time alone...not even including Amare/Shumpert). Injuries to the Bulls with Rose specifically. The Hawks were a good team until Lou Williams injury. But also the Sixers....Bynum with that team would be pretty legit. It's not going to be a normal Eastern conference cake walk, and the East by playoff time could be better than its been in over a decade.

But still.....

NA2126
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
As nice as it would be to see the Knicks make it to the ECF, that may not happen if they end up playing the Bulls. Unless, Deng and Rose were both injured.

CHi1PriDe
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Knicks wiped the floor with the Heat twice this season,once without Melo.
I guess that means Knicks would destroy the Heat in a playoff series.

There are some good Bulls fans on the board but then there are people like you :facepalm

We beat the heat too this year without rose, but do I think that we can take them in a 7 game series? Prolly not. Nobody wants to see the heat in the playoffs. I only speak the truth :no:

The Ownage
02-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Only team that are scary at this current moment is the Heat. They're coasting and still the best in the East, so it would be foolish to say Knicks > Heat. I believe Knicks match up VERY well against the Heat, but they still have the advantage until (IF) we meet them in the playoffs. They'll definitely turn it up a notch and not play like they did against the first two games against the Knicks.

Bulls are another team to look out for if Rose gets back to his best form again by the time the playoffs come. They're a dark horse at the moment, but with a healthy Rose, you can't count them out. Top 4 in the East without Rose. Many were claiming last season that Bulls would be fighting for the 8th seed without him.

Knicks and Celtics games have been really close most of the time in the last couple of seasons and it was always Rondo and Pierce who would absolutely sodomise is. Without Rondo, the Knicks have to be the favourites going into a playoff series against them, especially if we are healthy.

I haven't watched enough of the Nets and Pacers to comment on them and every other team is irrelevant. It doesn't look like the Knicks will rip through the East, but they have a good opportunity this season to make it through to the ECF.

Clutch
02-06-2013, 12:10 PM
We beat the heat too this year without rose, but do I think that we can take them in a 7 game series? Prolly not. Nobody wants to see the heat in the playoffs. I only speak the truth :no:
Nobody said the Knicks would be favorites against the Heat.

I'm just saying it's stupid to say "We would beat them in a 7 game series because we beat them in regular season". It doesn't matter if we're talking about Bulls-Knicks , Knicks-Heat or Bulls-Heat.

Personally I think with healthy Rose the Bulls MIGHT eliminate on Miami. But since he's coming back off a serious injury I doubt it will happen.
Rondo is out for the Celtics,Pacers just don't have enough talent (they are like poor Bulls without a player of Rose's caliber).
With that said I think the Knicks are best suited to eliminate the Heat but of course Miami would still be favorites.

I'm not saying Knicks are without a doubt the 2nd best team in the East. I'm just saying they have the best shot at being Miami IMO.

Playoffs are all about matchups. I would certainly want to avoid playing the Bulls,Celtics or even the Nets in the 1st round. Hawks,Pacers and Bucks don't worry me.

Y2Gezee
02-06-2013, 02:36 PM
:facepalm @ Knicks fans.

Lebron23
02-24-2013, 01:31 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/raptorblog/files/2013/02/RudyGay.jpg

Dro
02-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Nobody said the Knicks would be favorites against the Heat.

I'm just saying it's stupid to say "We would beat them in a 7 game series because we beat them in regular season". It doesn't matter if we're talking about Bulls-Knicks , Knicks-Heat or Bulls-Heat.

Personally I think with healthy Rose the Bulls MIGHT eliminate on Miami. But since he's coming back off a serious injury I doubt it will happen.
Rondo is out for the Celtics,Pacers just don't have enough talent (they are like poor Bulls without a player of Rose's caliber).
With that said I think the Knicks are best suited to eliminate the Heat but of course Miami would still be favorites.

I'm not saying Knicks are without a doubt the 2nd best team in the East. I'm just saying they have the best shot at being Miami IMO.

Playoffs are all about matchups. I would certainly want to avoid playing the Bulls,Celtics or even the Nets in the 1st round. Hawks,Pacers and Bucks don't worry me.

:facepalm :facepalm :biggums: :no: :confusedshrug:

How'd it feel being down 40, apparently Mr. Smith couldn't take it anymore...

Human Error
02-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Without a drop of troll in my body, I seriously LOL @ the Knicks not having the best team in the East. They have advantages over the Heat all over the court.
A damn retarded homer. :facepalm

Lebron23
02-26-2013, 08:12 PM
What's the latest update on Derrick Rose' injury? If the season ends today they are going to face the Bulls in the first round. Even if they Beat the Bulls without Rose. I pick the Pacers over the Knicks in the semi finals.

Regular season series (Bulls leads 3-0)

Dec 8, 2012 New York 85, Chicago 93
Dec 21, 2012 Chicago 110, New York 106
Jan 11, 2013 Chicago 108, New York 101
Apr 11, 2013 New York at Chicago

LikeABosh
02-26-2013, 08:27 PM
I think the Knicks are a fraud and first round fodder

Graviton
03-14-2013, 12:57 AM
http://thatsenuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Melo-Stat-laughing-courtesy-yahoo-sports1.jpg

Y2Gezee
03-14-2013, 03:15 AM
Bumping this thread isn't fair lol.

Their roster is/was ****ing sick though.

They finally get in the last key cogs. The ability to play big when Camby and more importantly Kenyon come back/in to the lineups, which would've been the perfect fit next to Amare off the bench filling holes defensively without Tyson on the floor. As well as the other key cog of getting Iman Shumpert to even resemble himself from last year, and he's been playing pretty well the past 2 weeks, notably on the defensive end...shoring up about a month long stretch of ridiculously bad perimeter defense by the Knicks.

Play well all last week after a previous 3 game win streak ended vs the Heat in a close game, that's with or without Melo in the lineup, and again on Saturday without either Melo or Amare. But Amare's injury is the kicker.

It seems Melo should be fine with some rest or whatever, but it's supposed to be a 2 star team. With a bunch of talented role players around them, and that includes Tyson. Amare has basically been missing in action for the season. As soon as he plays up to his potential, he drops again. Even when I created this thread, I never envisioned Amare being a 40 minute player or play like a superstar (though he could be dominant in stretches), but be efficient as a second option in whatever minutes he played and giving the Knicks a true 2nd option. With that, allowing Felton and JR to basically share that 3rd scorer role along with the overall 3pt shooting...they'd be set.

This will end up being a trickle down effect, if Melo doesn't return soon. Having both he and Amare out of the lineup, puts way too much pressure on the older guys to play more than they should be, and they're going to drop too, so by the time Melo returns and IF Amare returns, they won't have a team around them.

no pun intended
03-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Bumping this thread isn't fair lol.

Their roster is/was ****ing sick though.

They finally get in the last key cogs. The ability to play big when Camby and more importantly Kenyon come back/in to the lineups, which would've been the perfect fit next to Amare off the bench filling holes defensively without Tyson on the floor. As well as the other key cog of getting Iman Shumpert to even resemble himself from last year, and he's been playing pretty well the past 2 weeks, notably on the defensive end...shoring up about a month long stretch of ridiculously bad perimeter defense by the Knicks.

Play well all last week after a previous 3 game win streak ended vs the Heat in a close game, that's with or without Melo in the lineup, and again on Saturday without either Melo or Amare. But Amare's injury is the kicker.

It seems Melo should be fine with some rest or whatever, but it's supposed to be a 2 star team. With a bunch of talented role players around them, and that includes Tyson. Amare has basically been missing in action for the season. As soon as he plays up to his potential, he drops again.

This will end up being a trickle down effect, if Melo doesn't return soon. Having both he and Amare out of the lineup, puts way too much pressure on the older guys to play more than they should be, and they're going to drop too, so by the time Melo returns and IF Amare returns, they won't have a team around them.
This.

Plus Kidd hasn't playing up to par as he did in the beginning of the season. I thought Kidd played a very large role for them when they were winning bunches.

Lebron23
03-14-2013, 03:36 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3pt94j.jpg

http://www.easymemes.com/uploads/memes/3404_KSXZDIPjk52T3ge.jpg

http://memecrunch.com/meme/6AA7/melo-no-ring/image.png

mrpibb
03-14-2013, 04:16 AM

filler

Graviton
05-06-2013, 02:48 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1199323.1352439993!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/large-carmelo-smiles.jpg

Y2Gezee
05-06-2013, 03:03 AM
You scared?

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2013, 03:40 AM
You scared?

Will you quit ISH if the Knicks do not win the East or the NBA chip?
:rolleyes:

OldSkoolball#52
05-06-2013, 03:55 AM
What an exquisite bump.

What an asinine original post.

Y2Gezee
05-07-2013, 02:56 AM
Will you quit ISH if the Knicks do not win the East or the NBA chip?
:rolleyes:

Meh....I gotta see Amare before I commit to anything.

Just for the sake of the Heat. Not so worried about the Pacers

willds09
05-07-2013, 02:57 AM
great thread, and i agree:cheers: :applause:

Dro
05-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Interesting....

PJR
05-14-2013, 09:17 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/40276-michael-jordan-laughing-gif-76O3.gif

The-Legend-24
05-14-2013, 09:18 PM
All these old ass threads getting bumped just like the Laker ones. :oldlol:

DaSeba5
05-14-2013, 09:19 PM

lebeast666
05-14-2013, 09:19 PM
http://www.imgur.com/kWHmkfO.png

Graviton
05-14-2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.doubletakedebate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Roy_Hibbert.jpg

imdaman99
05-14-2013, 09:50 PM
lol Knick fan OPs gettin raped. good thing i never made a thread here

Heavincent
05-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Not so worried about the Pacers

:kobe:

:yaohappy:

Askmeificare
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_scmiG7I97Q4/Swq0EDYpfzI/AAAAAAAAAww/WqDE1UY7SEg/s1600/knicks.jpg

ClutchOver9000
05-14-2013, 10:02 PM
lol Knick fan OPs gettin raped. good thing i never made a thread here

:cheers: :lol truth

PJR
05-18-2013, 10:44 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gif

Human Error
05-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Maybe the whole league.

The most terrible analysis I've read in a very long time. :facepalm

Orlando Magic
http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/350x700px-LL-9c4230a9_shaq-laugh.gif

seanclayton
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gif

Orlando Magic
05-18-2013, 10:47 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lol.gif

CelticBaller
05-18-2013, 10:49 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

chosen_one6
05-18-2013, 10:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sJG46sJ.gif

Young X
05-18-2013, 10:59 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Tmuston Beltics
05-18-2013, 11:01 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gifhttp://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

The-Legend-24
05-19-2013, 12:34 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2013, 12:48 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Foster5k
05-19-2013, 12:51 AM
I think the Knicks...
suck.

unbreakable
05-19-2013, 12:54 AM
i dont see the big deal.. they made it to the 2nd round, almost the WCF.. nobody knew amare would be a scrub all year long :confusedshrug:

SewerUrchin
05-19-2013, 01:01 AM
i dont see the big deal.. they made it to the 2nd round, almost the WCF.. :confusedshrug:

... where they lost to the Grizzlies?

Foster5k
05-19-2013, 01:04 AM
OP would make a great ESPN anaylst.

albas89
05-19-2013, 01:05 AM
i dont see the big deal.. they made it to the 2nd round, almost the WCF.. nobody knew amare would be a scrub all year long :confusedshrug:
Knicks... where "winning one playoff series is a success" happens!!:roll:

305Baller
05-19-2013, 01:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YPgG83N.gif

alleykat
05-19-2013, 01:34 AM

i thought you were gonna come back and say i told you so?

Y2Gezee
05-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Expected to see this thread when I got here.

I backtracked a while ago simply because of Amare, but still...I'll eat crow.

Though, I was always an advocate of this team can't win without him. No legit 2nd or even 3rd option. I figured they'd get pass the Pacers, but JR had 8 consecutive worst games of his life.

Ahhh...well. Injuries happen.

SewerUrchin
05-19-2013, 06:08 AM

Though, I was always an advocate of this team can't win without him. No legit 2nd or even 3rd option. I figured they'd get pass the Pacers, but JR had 8 consecutive worst games of his life.

Respect to you, sir. Taking lumps is not an easy thing to do.

K Xerxes
05-19-2013, 06:27 AM

Blaming injuries. :applause: :applause: