PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Fans: What realistic trade options do we have for Rondo?

I.R.Beast
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm sick of him, when will he realize that we need him to be more aggressive "SCORING" the ball?.... his assist whoring and passiveness is hurting this team. I don't care what the apologists may say about new team new plays, getting used to the system etc...We have weapons, guys that can run the floor, finish at the rim and shoot the 3, we just need rondo to be the guy assisting adn scoring the ball...he seemingly wants nothing to do with the latter.

What realistic trade scenarios are out there for him?

TheFastOne
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm sick of him, when will he realize that we need him to be more aggressive "SCORING" the ball?.... his assist whoring and passiveness is hurting this team. I don't care what the apologists may say about new team new plays, getting used to the system etc...We have weapons, guys that can run the floor, finish at the rim and shoot the 3, we just need rondo to be the guy assisting adn scoring the ball...he seemingly wants nothing to do with the latter.

I'd love Cousins, especially after he raped us tonight. Just got to keep hold of Bradley then. I feel like we just need an inside presence.

I.R.Beast
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
I'd love Cousins, especially after he raped us tonight. Just got to keep hold of Bradley then. I feel like we just need an inside presence.

Yeh...that would be great...try to get tyreke evans too while we're at it.

elementally morale
12-31-2012, 10:26 AM
You'd better ask for a franchise player in return is all I'm saying.

Purch
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Anything off the Utah roster:coleman:

Rubio2Gasol
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Lin + Forwards of your choice.

Lin seems to be the point guard you're looking for anyway :lol

TheFastOne
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Lin + Forwards of your choice.

Lin seems to be the point guard you're looking for anyway :lol
Please no. Bradley will do fine. We need someone big.

knickscity
12-31-2012, 10:41 AM

What's wrong with racking up dimes if the team has weapons to score?

You can have Felton if youd like, i guarantee you he will shoot.

kurple
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Send him to Denver. We got plenty of assets

Rubio2Gasol
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM

This is an idea.

How about Amare + Felton.

You need to send fillers for the contract to work

JohnnySic
12-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Send him to Denver. We got plenty of assets
Rondo for Lawson + McGee.

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aoerpkb

Trade doesn't work with Jefferson! Need to involve another team or two. Jazz will give you however many draft picks it takes, Tomic(Euroleague player of the week!) and cash! Marvin is a possible expiring contract, Murphy I believe is unguaranteed for another week and a half and Bell could be bought out. Jazz get the other Twin!

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Team is struggling so let's get rid of the young All-Star. Ok. Hey,i heard there is a guy available that got suspended by his own team for being an ass. Fantastic.

I.R.Beast
12-31-2012, 11:22 AM

the problem is consistency they wont get more points than he can get every night...we need Rondo's points plus their points...the heat has weapons but still need lebron's points...same principle here.

I.R.Beast
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Team is struggling so let's get rid of the young All-Star. Ok. Hey,i heard there is a guy available that got suspended by his own team for being an ass. Fantastic.
this team is talented enough to have a much better record than it has, If rondo would score more points it would mean the difference between winning and losing... ROndo is extremely overrated at this point and it is showing....he is not untradeable and he is not a cornerstone for a franchise.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
You still aren't a Celtics fan, all you ever contribute on here is Rondo bashing. he's not playing well and last night was a crap performance but we aren't trading him.

The team is loaded, but in the wrong positions. In my opinion, we have more quality SGs (Bradley, Terry, Lee, Barbosa) than quality bigs (Garnett, Bass, Sullinger). 2 of those 3 big men are undersized, one of which is a rookie and the other is having a horrible season. Trading for a centre is a must, and anyone not named Pierce, Garnett, Bradley and Rondo are available. I'd rather let Terry go at this point than Lee, our problem has not been an offensive one and Lee missed all 6 shots last night and still came away with the best +/- on the team. Either way we don't need to play any more than 3 back court guys, and Rondo and Bradley are locks. I don't want any ****ing about, get Varejao, Gortat or another banger who will fight for boards and play a bit of defence and we're good again. There is no way we can trade both Green AND Lee, though, we need a big wing guy to come off the bench.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
I bet Celtics fans wouldn't even what to do a Rondo for Cousins and Reke trade.

That's how stubborn they are when it comes to Rondo.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-31-2012, 12:34 PM

Show me a game of either of these players which is better than any of these games: 2010 vs Cavs, game 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE), 2012 vs Knicks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnc9ez485vI), 2012 vs Heat, game 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8). Then we might talk about it.

andremiller07
12-31-2012, 12:34 PM

As a Kings fan I would not want to do it ethier, Rondo is a elite PG no doubt top 2-3 but if we were to let both Evans/Cousins go for him he wouldn't have any real help like he does in Boston and I don't think the Kings get better. On top of that there's not a long line of free agents wanting to come to Sacramento in the offseason and Rondo going from playing with 3 hall of famers to playing with a lot of guys who are trying to make a name for themselves as just decent players might not sit well with Rondo.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Show me a game of either of these players which is better than any of these games: 2010 vs Cavs, game 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcbSxu2QrE), 2012 vs Knicks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnc9ez485vI), 2012 vs Heat, game 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8). Then we might talk about it.
:oldlol: That's not how trades actually work. Nobody will find games by Lamar Odom and Caron Butler that is nearly half as good as Shaq. Not remotely close. Yet with a couple of fillers and picks, the trade went down.

You can't find the best games by Kaman, Amino or Gordon that is on Chris Paul's best games level. Yet that trade went down.

It's all based on team needs, potential, prospective picks, etc. If it's all about equal stats and value, we'd see more of LeBron for Durant trades in the league. But that never happens.

Your post pretty much proves my point of how stubborn your fan base is when regarding the almighty Rajon Rondo.

kNIOKAS
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't see how could they be trading Rondo at this point... It would be completely desperate move, and I don't really have faith left in the Pierce and Garnett. They seem to lost their fire. If anything, that should be one or both of them traded, but I don't want this to happen, either.

I'm just hoping somehow magically Celtics can pull it together. They have the roster, don't they? They do. Now lets just play some god damn basketball :mad:

knickscity
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
the problem is consistency they wont get more points than he can get every night...we need Rondo's points plus their points...the heat has weapons but still need lebron's points...same principle here.
The Celtics aren't struggling because Rondo isn't a scorer.

They are missing their Top 5 defenae, they look much older and slow now.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 12:46 PM
As a Kings fan I would not want to do it ethier, Rondo is a elite PG no doubt top 2-3 but if we were to let both Evans/Cousins go for him he wouldn't have any real help like he does in Boston and I don't think the Kings get better. On top of that there's not a long line of free agents wanting to come to Sacramento in the offseason and Rondo going from playing with 3 hall of famers to playing with a lot of guys who are trying to make a name for themselves as just decent players might not sit well with Rondo.
I'm wouldn't do it either. Cousins + Reke trade value is worth more than just getting Rondo to me. Not saying Cousins + Reke are better than Rondo, but for Cousins alone you can prob get a quality back-up big, a back-up guard and late 1st Rounder in return.

Shade8780
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aoerpkb

Trade doesn't work with Jefferson! Need to involve another team or two. Jazz will give you however many draft picks it takes, Tomic(Euroleague player of the week!) and cash! Marvin is a possible expiring contract, Murphy I believe is unguaranteed for another week and a half and Bell could be bought out. Jazz get the other Twin!
GTFO

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
:oldlol: That's not how trades actually work. Nobody will find games by Lamar Odom and Caron Butler that is nearly half as good as Shaq. Not remotely close. Yet with a couple of fillers and picks, the trade went down.

You can't find the best games by Kaman, Amino or Gordon that is on Chris Paul's best games level. Yet that trade went down.

It's all based on team needs, potential, prospective picks, etc. If it's all about equal stats and value, we'd see more of LeBron for Durant trades in the league. But that never happens.

Your post pretty much proves my point of how stubborn your fan base is when regarding the almighty Rajon Rondo.
:facepalm @ the ridiculousness of this post. The Hornets/Lakers were actively trying to get rid of Paul/Shaq because they were on the last year of a contract (CP3)/had problems with the teams other star (Shaq). The Celtics have Rondo locked in for 3 years on a bargain deal, they literally have no reason to trade him unless they're getting (at the VERY least) equal return. The situations aren't remotely comparable.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM

So you decided to choose Shaq to Miami (2 years later, title) and CP3 to Clippers (2 years later, 17 game win streak) as arguments on your side? :roll:
I'll break it down a bit better for you.

Championship winning teams need player who will have "those games" for you (LeBron ECF game 6 last year, almost every Finals game from Dirk in 2011, Pierce game 7 against the Cavs 2008, etc). Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins do not have those games. Rondo elevates himself to another level in the playoffs, untouched by almost every player in the game. That's why you don't trade Rondo for an injury prone former ROY and headcase centre that KG MIGHT be able to sort out. You don't trade him for players that aren't winners.

Team needs? You think the Celtics need a ball hog and a headcase instead of their leader and top 3 PG? OK...

Whoah10115
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Trade your coach.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
:facepalm @ the ridiculousness of this post. The Hornets/Lakers were actively trying to get rid of Paul/Shaq because they were on the last year of a contract (CP3)/had problems with the teams other star (Shaq). The Celtics have Rondo locked in for 3 years on a bargain deal, they literally have no reason to trade him unless they're getting (at the VERY least) equal return. The situations aren't remotely comparable.
I don't care what the situations were with Paul and Shaq, or what it is now with Rondo, but Rondo is your only tradeable asset. They'll trade him in a heartbeat if they see fit. And Rondo isn't a saint in the locker room either either, he's had his issues with Ray, KG, etc.

Again, the stubbornness of Boston fans. I can't wait to see the Celtics miss the playoffs so C's fans can get a reality check that their team isn't good anymore and Rondo is not a franchise player.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't care what the situations were with Paul and Shaq, or what it is now with Rondo, but Rondo is your only tradeable asset. They'll trade him in a heartbeat if they see fit. And Rondo isn't a saint in the locker room either either, he's had his issues with Ray, KG, etc.

Again, the stubbornness of Boston fans. I can't wait to see the Celtics miss the playoffs so C's fans can get a reality check that their team isn't good anymore and Rondo is not a franchise player.

:applause:

"I know nothing of the situation, but I know Ainge will trade him"

Being this stupid is an art form.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:01 PM
So you decided to choose Shaq to Miami (2 years later, title) and CP3 to Clippers (2 years later, 17 game win streak) as arguments on your side? :roll:
I'll break it down a bit better for you.

Championship winning teams need player who will have "those games" for you (LeBron ECF game 6 last year, almost every Finals game from Dirk in 2011, Pierce game 7 against the Cavs 2008, etc). Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins do not have those games. Rondo elevates himself to another level in the playoffs, untouched by almost every player in the game. That's why you don't trade Rondo for an injury prone former ROY and headcase centre that KG MIGHT be able to sort out. You don't trade him for players that aren't winners.

Team needs? You think the Celtics need a ball hog and a headcase instead of their leader and top 3 PG? OK...
First of all, the trade idea was an example to why you guys are reluctant on Rondo's trade value. Secondly, the Celtics aren't a championship team anymore. Stop pretending they are. Tyreke is an injury-prone PG? He played 57 games his sophomore year, his least played games in a season. Of course, Evans and Cousins don't have any playoff experience, they're in a bad situation in Sacramento. I could be wrong be Garnett was in a shitty situation in Minnesota too, other than that one season when he got Spree and Cassell, he didn't do much when it counts either.

"Rondo elevates himself to another level in the playoffs, untouched by almost every player in the game." I can't even comment on how ridiculous this statement this.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
First of all, the trade idea was an example to why you guys are reluctant on Rondo's trade value. Secondly, the Celtics aren't a championship team anymore. Stop pretending they are. Tyreke is an injury-prone PG? He played 57 games his sophomore year, his least played games in a season. Of course, Evans and Cousins don't have any playoff experience, they're in a bad situation in Sacramento.

So why do they trade for inexperienced players? You don't pay KG that big contract to start rebuilding :facepalm

Tyreke is injured now, isnt he?

I could be wrong be Garnett was in a shitty situation in Minnesota too, other than that one season when he got Spree and Cassell, he didn't do much when it counts either.

Not like he had 32 points, 21 rebounds in a must win game 7. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VtZht_8t4) (That has nothing to do with this conversation, just shows your appalling lack of basketball knowledge.)

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
:applause:

"I know nothing of the situation, but I know Ainge will trade him"

Being this stupid is an art form.
Ainge has contemplated on trading Rondo before, and you don't think he'll do it again?

Again, Boston fans and their love for the Almighty GOAT PG, Rajon Rondo. You guys aren't even trolling, yet are the biggest homers and stubborn fans on ISH.
It isn't just the regulars either Real Men Wear Green, a mod, is as stubborn as it gets when it comes to Rondo and the Celtics. Still calling your team a championship team. Thinking Rondo isn't tradeable. Give me a break! :facepalm

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
So why do they trade for inexperienced players? You don't pay KG that big contract to start rebuilding :facepalm

Tyreke is injured now, isnt he?

Not like he had 32 points, 21 rebounds in a must win game 7. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VtZht_8t4) (That has nothing to do with this conversation, just shows your appalling lack of basketball knowledge.)
Reke is on his way back soon. He just has soreness on his knees. And my idea wasn't even Rondo for Reke straight up. It's for Reke + Cousins(who would be the best C in the East if mentored correctly by KG and the Boston coaching staff).

Yeah, that was the season when KG had a reliable supporting cast, which I already mentioned. I only pointed KG's stint in Minnesota because you were disregarding Reke and Cousins' value because they haven't done shit in the playoffs.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Ainge has contemplated on trading Rondo before, and you don't think he'll do it again?

Again, Boston fans and their love for the Almighty GOAT PG, Rajon Rondo. You guys aren't even trolling, yet are the biggest homers and stubborn fans on ISH.
It isn't just the regulars either Real Men Wear Green, a mod, is as stubborn as it gets when it comes to Rondo and the Celtics. Still calling your team a championship team. Thinking Rondo isn't tradeable. Give me a break! :facepalm

If he's trading Rondo it's for an upgrade, ie CP3, Tony Parker, or slightly lesser PG + currently dominant big man. You don't trade him for Tyreke f*cking Evans and DeMarcus Cousins. No more replies from me to someone this ignorant.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
If he's trading Rondo it's for an upgrade, ie CP3, Tony Parker, or lesser PG + big man. You don't trade him for Tyreke f*cking Evans and DeMarcus Cousins. No more replies from me to someone this ignorant.
:oldlol: Rondo for Parker or CP3???

Hey, why not Rondo for LeBron while you're at it. Or Rondo for Durant + Westbrook.

STATUTORY
12-31-2012, 02:17 PM
If he's trading Rondo it's for an upgrade, ie CP3, Tony Parker, or slightly lesser PG + currently dominant big man. You don't trade him for Tyreke f*cking Evans and DeMarcus Cousins. No more replies from me to someone this ignorant.

Reke and demarcus is great value for Rondo. I doubt kings would acquiese to that deal.

Celtics fans completely overestimate the worth of Rajon Rondo.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Reke and demarcus is great value for Rondo. I doubt kings would acquiese to that deal.

Celtics fans completely overestimate the worth of Rajon Rondo.
The sad thing is, they're not even trolls either. Regular Boston fans thinking like this for the past 2 years about Rondo.

Whoah10115
12-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Rondo has been great...somehow he is responsible for this...that's special.

Maybe some rebounding, some cutting and movement, Jason Terry not starting alongside Rondo, KG not playing center (I told you all), playing Sullinger, not starting Bass, giving Pierce space...maybe all these things would help.

But nah...Rondo has to score more..Presti should have sniffed around Rondo for Westbrook..oh well.

Rondo
12-31-2012, 02:22 PM

Only in American sports is loyalty criticised.

Would you prefer every fan was fickle and showed no loyalty at all? You make out like being a "homer" is a bad thing for a fan.

People said we weren't a championship team last year as well yet we ultimately came one game away from the finals and if we're being honest were cheated by the refs in game 2 in Miami. Refs do their job in that game and Boston are in the finals so anything can happen yet but one thing is for sure if we trade Rondo then we'll be even worse.

Some people would be happy to trade him for a better scorer who gets a lot less assists... the outcome will still be the same, but hey, whatever floats some people's boats. I'd love for him to be more aggressive as a scorer but his lack of aggression on that end isn't the biggest problem the Celtics have nor is it a cause for trading him for Jeremy Lin or DMC.

jbryan1984
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
The problem is Boston has gotten old. Its not like they had a bad run by any means. When the team was formed 5 years ago, I don't think anyone expected them to be this big of a threat for this long. I mean, they took the world champs to seven games last year in the ECF and Ray was playing hurt, Bradley was playing hurt, maybe another? But, it eventually has to come to an end. I don't think signing 36 year old KG to a 3 year deal was very smart. I would of kept offering him one years. Same thing when Miami signed Shaq to that huge deal. In 2010, Cavs paid him 20 million at 38 years old. Rondo is the one guy from Boston I would keep. He's a top 5 point guard and has really been the back bone of the team the last 2-3 seasons.

Walker
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
You sir are completely dilusional.
Rondo, a very good PG yes, is by no means a leader and certainly isn't a player anyone would build a team around.
Infact in many ways he's a complete unknown as to how good he actually is. He deffinately isn't a player that you can rely on to win with his scoring and it's a complete unknown wether he actually makes others better (see Nash) or is simply a product of having 3 HoFers to pass to night in, night out.

Not to mention his widely reported hissy fits.

Despite many Celtics fans insistance on treating his stock like a franchise player it simply isn't and no GM in the league other than his own will treat talks as such.

Evans and Cousins for Rondo is a fantastic trade for Boston, one which I highly doubt any other team would even try to top.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Only in American sports is loyalty criticised.

Would you prefer every fan was fickle and showed no loyalty at all? You make out like being a "homer" is a bad thing for a fan.

People said we weren't a championship team last year as well yet we ultimately came one game away from the finals and if we're being honest were cheated by the refs in game 2 in Miami. Refs do their job in that game and Boston are in the finals so anything can happen yet but one thing is for sure if we trade Rondo then we'll be even worse.

Some people would be happy to trade him for a better scorer who gets a lot less assists... the outcome will still be the same, but hey, whatever floats some people's boats. I'd love for him to be more aggressive as a scorer but his lack of aggression on that end isn't the biggest problem the Celtics have nor is it a cause for trading him for Jeremy Lin or DMC.
Nothing wrong with being pride of your team and players, but you can be realistic too. I'm not downplaying Rondo's game in anyway, he's a top 10 PG for sure. BUT he is also Boston's only real trade asset. And not every star's trade are at value; most ain't.

Hell, I'd trade Jefferson, Millsap, and pretty much any 3 or 4 combination of Jazz players for Rondo if I can. But even that wouldn't be enough for Boston fans.

But the idea of trading Rondo is almost equivalent insulting their mothers the way Celtic fans react.

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM

:facepalm If you think the Lakers trading Shaq (who wanted out and had problems with the other star), and the Hornets trading Paul (who was on the last year of his contract and was going to leave for nothing) is in anyway comparable to the Celtics giving away their best player who's on a cheap long term deal for a headcase and an underachiever, you just simply don't know what you're talking about.

Seriously, don't you think if Ainge was so willing to give Rondo up for that little, he'd be gone by now?

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Right, so now we're just gonna pretend that Rondo hasn't been the best player on a Finals team (2010) and a ECF team that was 1 game away from the Finals (2012).

Oh right, I forgot, it's the regular season. This is everyone's opportunity to take shots at Rondo and call him the most overrated player in the league before he shuts everyone up in the Playoffs like usual. Hate away.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:43 PM
:facepalm If you think the Lakers trading Shaq (who wanted out and had problems with the other star), and the Hornets trading Paul (who was on the last year of his contract and was going to leave for nothing) is in anyway comparable to the Celtics giving away their best player who's on a cheap long term deal for a headcase and an underachiever, you just simply don't know what you're talking about.

Seriously, don't you think if Ainge was so willing to give Rondo up for that little, he'd be gone by now?Best player on a team don't mean anything if you're not getting the result you want. Sheed had the same reputation as DMC did, and that didn't stop the Pistons from winning championship with him. Players change; they get better, they decline, they mature, etc. Anybody who's not named LeBron James would be an underachiever if they played with that Sacramento roster.

You seriously, seriously, think Rondo for Reke + Cousins is little for Boston?
It also could be that other teams don't want to give up so many prospect for him.

Walker
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Right, so now we're just gonna pretend that Rondo hasn't been the best player on a Finals team (2010) and a ECF team that was 1 game away from the Finals (2012).

Oh right, I forgot, it's the regular season. This is everyone's opportunity to take shots at Rondo and call him the most overrated player in the league before he shuts everyone up in the Playoffs like usual. Hate away.
I don't think anyone in this thread other than the OP has hated on him.
He's a great PG but he's not a franchise player. It's not a case of underrating him at all, more a case of Celtic fans overrating him and I don't blame them, all fans overrate the players in their team.
A team lead by Rondo as the best player every night will never be a contender, evident by this season, he's simply not a go-to guy. I'd suggest he's probably one of the best complimentary players in the league.

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Best player on a team don't mean anything if you're not getting the result you want. Sheed had the same reputation as DMC did, and that didn't stop the Pistons from winning championship with him. Players change; they get better, they decline, they mature, etc. Anybody who's not named LeBron James would be an underachiever if they played with that Sacramento roster.

You seriously, seriously, think Rondo for Reke + Cousins is little for Boston?
It also could be that other teams don't want to give up so many prospect for him.
I wouldn't consider it little if the Celtics had any incentive to trade Rondo. The guy has proven is value over and over again in the Playoffs while Cousins and Tyreke haven't proven anything. And he's on a cheap contract on top of that.

CelticBaller
12-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Rondo for Lawson + McGee.
this

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think anyone in this thread other than the OP has hated on him.
He's a great PG but he's not a franchise player. It's not a case of underrating him at all, more a case of Celtic fans overrating him and I don't blame them, all fans overrate the players in their team.
A team lead by Rondo as the best player every night will never be a contender, evident by this season, he's simply not a go-to guy. I'd suggest he's probably one of the best complimentary players in the league.
So Rondo wasn't the best player on the Celtics last year when they were a game away from the Finals? He wasn't the best player in 2010 when Pierce was under performing in the Playoffs and KG was coming off of surgery?

Go-to guy doesn't necessarily = best player. But even then Rondo has always stepped up his scoring in the Playoffs.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't consider it little if the Celtics had any incentive to trade Rondo. The guy has proven is value over and over again in the Playoffs while Cousins and Tyreke haven't proven anything. And he's on a cheap contract on top of that.
You know the Kings roster hasn't been playoffs material for year right? Not only that but they got some serious management issues too, especially with their arena and rumors of moving. I doubt Rondo would do much under the same circumstances that Reke and Counsins are in.

Anyways, I'll drop the Reke + Cousins for Rondo idea since Reke + Cousins are only scrubs in terms of value. As the title says, what realistic trade options do we have for Rondo?

DMV2
12-31-2012, 03:02 PM
"Rondo for Lawson + McGee" really ????

Isn't this a downgrade from Reke + Cousins? I mean Lawson isn't that much better than Reke. And McGee can't even beat out Koufos for a starting spot.

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-31-2012, 03:04 PM
You know the Kings roster hasn't been playoffs material for year right? Not only that but they got some serious management issues too, especially with their arena and rumors of moving. I doubt Rondo would do much under the same circumstances that Reke and Counsins are in.
So this means Celtics should trade their best player who is coming off of a ridiculous post season and just hope that Cousins/Evans pan out for them? You're talking as if the Celtics are actively shopping Rondo, the Celtics trading Rondo would be an absolute last resort for them. It's still December for goodness sake, if the Celtics were to trade Rondo at all this season it wouldn't be happening now anyway.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 03:11 PM
So this means Celtics should trade their best player who is coming off of a ridiculous post season and just hope that Cousins/Evans pan out for them? You're talking as if the Celtics are actively shopping Rondo, the Celtics trading Rondo would be an absolute last resort for them. It's still December for goodness sake, if the Celtics were to trade Rondo at all this season it wouldn't be happening now anyway.
No, I'm just going by what the thread topic is about. Which is about what value can Boston get for Rondo. Yes, I'd take a stab at Reke + Cousins in a heartbeat for Rondo.

As far what I think Boston should do, well, Ainge should ride it out like they have the last couple of seasons. Wait and see where they're at around All-Star break. But when they're a 7th seed, or 8th seed or possibly not make the playoffs at all then I think they definitely should look to trade Rondo in the offseason or following season.

Unless there are teams out there who wants a 37-year-old Garnett and 36-year-old Pierce by summer of 2013.

longtime lurker
12-31-2012, 04:24 PM
They should either throw everything they have and the kitchen sink for Cousins or try and get Gortat on the cheap. Celtics are lacking in athleticism and they need a quality big in the worst way.

BGriffin's Dad
12-31-2012, 04:31 PM
bashing Rondo now that you can't bash CP3?

Rubio2Gasol
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
How many times have the Celtics done this?

Coast through the season with a guaranteed playoff spot in the east and once the playoffs get underway the real Boston appears.

knickscity
12-31-2012, 04:55 PM
How many times have the Celtics done this?

Coast through the season with a guaranteed playoff spot in the east and once the playoffs get underway the real Boston appears.
These guys are not "coasting", not this year.

Although I do think they make the playoffs, i seriously doubt there is any magical run in them this season.

They have a much different look, and won't have the "fortunate" matchups like last year in their favor.

UConnCeltics
12-31-2012, 05:15 PM
If Detroit wanted to cough up Knight, Prince, and Drummond I'd be all for it. On a scale of 1 to impossible, I'd rate that impossible.

Bradley/Knight/Barbosa
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Green/Prince
KG/Bass/Sullinger
Drummond/Wilcox/Collins

Winning?

Derka
12-31-2012, 05:15 PM
this team is talented enough to have a much better record than it has, If rondo would score more points it would mean the difference between winning and losing... ROndo is extremely overrated at this point and it is showing....he is not untradeable and he is not a cornerstone for a franchise.

You are batshit crazy if you think this team's problems stem from not scoring the ball.

Sharmer
12-31-2012, 07:52 PM

:bowdown: Rondo is toxic.

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Nothing wrong with being pride of your team and players, but you can be realistic too. I'm not downplaying Rondo's game in anyway, he's a top 10 PG for sure. BUT he is also Boston's only real trade asset. And not every star's trade are at value; most ain't.

Hell, I'd trade Jefferson, Millsap, and pretty much any 3 or 4 combination of Jazz players for Rondo if I can. But even that wouldn't be enough for Boston fans.

But the idea of trading Rondo is almost equivalent insulting their mothers the way Celtic fans react.

According to trade machine Jefferson doesn't work in a trade to Boston. Have to get one or two other teams involved.

jalbert009
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I think this would be a good trade but does not include Rondo.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2yp3ag

Boston gets Gortat and W.Johnson

Jazz gets Lee and Terry

Suns get Al Jefferson.

All teams happy???

JGXEN
12-31-2012, 09:44 PM
I think this would be a good trade but does not include Rondo.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2yp3ag

Boston gets Gortat and W.Johnson

Jazz gets Lee and Terry

Suns get Al Jefferson.

All teams happy???
jazz gets raped.

DMV2
12-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Don't like Terry's and Lee's length on contract. It wouldn't be bad if they were on expiring contracts and add a couple of future 1st Round pick(Suns, C's each).

Jazz want to get younger, not older.

Mach_3
12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
You sir are completely dilusional.
Rondo, a very good PG yes, is by no means a leader and certainly isn't a player anyone would build a team around.
Infact in many ways he's a complete unknown as to how good he actually is. He deffinately isn't a player that you can rely on to win with his scoring and it's a complete unknown wether he actually makes others better (see Nash) or is simply a product of having 3 HoFers to pass to night in, night out.

Not to mention his widely reported hissy fits.

Despite many Celtics fans insistance on treating his stock like a franchise player it simply isn't and no GM in the league other than his own will treat talks as such.

Evans and Cousins for Rondo is a fantastic trade for Boston, one which I highly doubt any other team would even try to top.

Are you drunk? Or are you just trolling?

BallsOut
12-31-2012, 10:08 PM
The way I see it, trade Green, Sullinger and Barbosa. Have Lee and Terry come off the bench. Rondo + Bradley have some nice chemistry in the backcourt. They need a legit big starting at C. Gortat would be perfect.

Green, Sullinger, Barbosa, Wilcox and a 1st round pick for Gortat, Frye and Wesley Johnson.

Celtics:
PG: Rondo | Terry
SG: Bradley | Lee
SF: Pierce | Johnson
PF: KG | Bass | Frye
C: Gortat | Collins | Melo

edit: scratch this idea, the Celtics would be better off with Al Jefferson. They need a consistent low post scoring threat. Same package to Utah for Jefferson and Bell.

SG: Bradley | Bell
SF: Pierce | Lee
PF: KG | Bass
C: Jefferson | Collins | Melo

Mach_3
12-31-2012, 10:13 PM
The way I see it, trade Green, Sullinger and Barbosa. Have Lee and Terry come off the bench. Rondo + Bradley have some nice chemistry in the backcourt. They need a legit big starting at C. Gortat would be perfect.

Green, Sullinger, Barbosa, Wilcox and a 1st round pick for Gortat, Frye and Wesley Johnson.

Celtics:

I'd be willing to do that, although i would like to give Green at least a season to see where he's at with his whole heart (literally and figuratively) condition

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Don't like Terry's and Lee's length on contract. It wouldn't be bad if they were on expiring contracts and add a couple of future 1st Round pick(Suns, C's each).

Jazz want to get younger, not older.

I don't think they need to get younger outside the pg position which again this trade does not address. Getting rid of Al a good thing but ideally they get back something they actually need.

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2012, 10:31 PM

Celtics:

edit: scratch this idea, the Celtics would be better off with Al Jefferson. They need a consistent low post scoring threat. Same package to Utah for Jefferson and Bell.

SG: Bradley | Bell
SF: Pierce | Lee
PF: KG | Bass
C: Jefferson | Collins | Melo

The Jazz or anyone want Green and his contract? What to the Jazz do with Sullinger? D-League fodder I guess?

BallsOut
12-31-2012, 10:43 PM
The Jazz or anyone want Green and his contract? What to the Jazz do with Sullinger? D-League fodder I guess?

Green's contract is a tough sell indeed. That's why I included Boston's 1st round pick. Sullinger backs up whoever you guys start at C. Barbosa makes Mo Williams expendable as well and plus you guys get rid of Bell. :lol

Xiao Yao You
01-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Green's contract is a tough sell indeed. That's why I included Boston's 1st round pick. Sullinger backs up whoever you guys start at C. Barbosa makes Mo Williams expendable as well and plus you guys get rid of Bell. :lol

Barbosa doesn't make Mo expendable. He makes Foye expendable. Bell expires at the end of the year worst case. Sullinger is the 4th big at best behind two other young guys. If the 1st is next year it's not worth much in a very weak draft.

Darius
01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Trading rondo would be foolish. Why trade your best player, your youngest player and your best contract?

Celtics aren't going to win a championship any time soon, let the older pieces fall off and build around rondo

DMV2
12-18-2014, 10:17 PM
So OP, myself and another poster said Rondo for Cousins, Reke would be a steal for Boston.

We got blasted by Celtic fans.

Now they trade him for 3 scrubs, a 1st Round and and 2nd Round.

:oldlol:

Droid101
12-18-2014, 10:25 PM
So OP, myself and another poster said Rondo for Cousins, Reke would be a steal for Boston.

Celtic fans have notoriously small brains.

mans1ay3r
12-18-2014, 10:38 PM

Celtics fans didn't make this trade and Celtics fans don't all agree with this trade. You're upset that some people didn't like your trade idea? Ok.. :confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 10:40 PM

You act like nothing changed. Two years and a torn acl have made things different.

CelticBaller
12-18-2014, 10:43 PM

how long ago was that?

DMV2
12-18-2014, 10:44 PM
Celtics fans didn't make this trade and Celtics fans don't all agree with this trade. You're upset that some people didn't like your trade idea? Ok.. :confusedshrug:
Nah, not upset. Just pointing out how ridiculous you guys were thinking you could get equal value for Rondo.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Nah, not upset. Just pointing out how ridiculous you guys were thinking you could get equal value for Rondo.
It's pretty ridiculous to ignore that Rondo has torn his ACL since you made this thread. Not to mention there are more star pgs.

CelticBaller
12-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Its like getting mad at lakers fans wanting alot for Kobe back in 11, and then lets say in 2013 kobe gets traded for peanuts

Alot shit happened in those 2 years

DMV2
12-18-2014, 10:57 PM
It's pretty ridiculous to ignore that Rondo has torn his ACL since you made this thread. Not to mention there are more star pgs.
Thread made around the same time of his ACL injury.

All I was saying is that through out trade history. Majority of them involving a franchise player never received equal value in return. For some reason you guys thought Rondo was the exceptional.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Thread made around the same time of his ACL injury. Are you serious? The ACL tear happened in late January of 2013. This thread is from New Year's Eve of 2012. Almost a full month. But you were posting with prescient knowledge of the injury, right?

DMV2
12-18-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356435&page=2

A thread 2 months ago....a couple of ya'll said, they're not trading just to get rid of him. Meaning, something of value would be returning to Boston.

A little less homerism but still in denial of Rondo's trade value. Rondo for 1st Rounder is actually of value. You trade for prospects. That's how trades work.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 11:25 PM
One would think you could come back with something better than that if you're going to spend time on research.

CelticBaller
12-18-2014, 11:26 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356435&page=2

A thread 2 months ago....a couple of ya'll said, they're not trading just to get rid of him. Meaning, something of value would be returning to Boston.

A little less homerism but still in denial of Rondo's trade value. Rondo for 1st Rounder is actually of value. You trade for prospects. That's how trades work.
http://www.earthworksaction.org/images/uploads/muhammad-ali-dodging-joe-frazier-bw.jpg

DMV2
12-18-2014, 11:31 PM
One would think you could come back with something better than that if you're going to spend time on research.
Go back through the pages, I've already proven my point in this thread.

This trade confirms that I was right all along and your Boston friends are nothing but a bunch of homers. Your best hope in return for a Rondo trade were prospects, not another all-star PG. I was right!

Just apologize to me on behalf on all Celtic fans in thread and we can just end the discussion.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Go back through the pages, I've already proven my point in this thread.No, you didn't. Going back in this thread I see a bunch of posts from before the ACL tear. From back when Rondo was looking like an ASG starter, averaging 5 more points, shooting almost 8% better from the field and a ridiculous 31% better from the FT line (to be fair, I think the FT thing is mental). Also a full 2 years younger. You want to gloss over these facts. Doesn't work that way.
Just apologize to me on behalf on all Celtic fans in thread and we can just end the discussion.I'm sorry, but you're wrong?

DMV2
12-18-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry, my fellow Boston friends were wrong.
I accept your apology. Wearing green doesn't make you a real man. Apologizing on behalf on your fan base does.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 11:44 PM
I accept your apology. Wearing green doesn't make you a real man. Apologizing on behalf on your fan base does.
This is officially childish. Moving on.

andremiller07
12-19-2014, 04:17 AM

Even more hilarious was when one of them said Sullinger and Fab Melo (due to him having 11 blocks in a NBDL game) was to much for Cousins.