PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Is A GOAT Candidate And Overrated For The Exact Same Reason

detroitdogg
01-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Lets keep it real here, cause I am a Lebron fan (I just prefer Wade and Melo's game visually) but ****** dont even realize the thing that makes Lebron so great also makes him overrated. There has NEVER been a more ball dominant player in the history of sports, let alone the NBA. Lebron James plays the game with intentions to get his numbers, not to win games. I think its amazing that dude can focus so much on his numbers and still be the best in the game, but come on, if you put him with a coach that actually plays TEAM basketball (Spurs) Lebron would be not be putting up historic numbers as he does now with a coach that has no balls at all.

In the 1st year with the Heat, Bron was human, why, cause he had to share the load with Wade who was just as dominant as Bron was that year. I dont think Bron liked that, and you can tell that he and Spo has actually spoken about giving him the same role as he had on the Cavs. How do I know this, cause all of a sudden whenever Wade is having a better game he ALWAYS gets subbed out in order for Bron to get in the game and surpass his numbers (LMAO at a game where Wade was clearly having a better game, they were blowing the opponent out, but yet Bron plays the whole 4th and Wade did not touch the floor). I mean, WTF type of shit is this????? What about the fact that Wade does not even have plays ran for him anymore????? You mean to tell me that the coach thought it was a good idea to completely remove the Wade and whoever P&R.

What about the fact that Lebron always comes to get the ball at the end of quarters, but he never takes the ****in shot. I mean bro, WTF are you coming to get the ****in ball for. I can even understand him not wanting to mess up his FG%, but why the **** are you asking for the ball for when another ***** could get it and actually put a shot up with the possibility of a make, mannnn, GTFOH Lebron james, that shows me how much you care about numbers vs wins. I mean, this shit is not sometimes, watch the end of EVERY 1st quarter and see if you ever see Bron not coming to get the ball. Now look to see if you EVER see Bron actually take the half court shot, *****, you are wasting a ****in posession cause you dont want to miss a shot, so dont you think it would be a good idea to get the **** out of the way and let somebody else get it?????

I have a lot more, but ill wait until I get some replies. This is not a hate thread you bitch ass ******, just pointing out some aggravating shit I noticed.

OhNoTimNoSho
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Lets keep it real here, cause I am a Lebron fan (I just prefer Wade and Melo's game visually) but ****** dont even realize the thing that makes Lebron so great also makes him overrated. There has NEVER been a more ball dominant player in the history of sports, let alone the NBA. Lebron James plays the game with intentions to get his numbers, not to win games. I think its amazing that dude can focus so much on his numbers and still be the best in the game, but come on, if you put him with a coach that actually plays TEAM basketball (Spurs) Lebron would be not be putting up historic numbers as he does now with a coach that has no balls at all.

In the 1st year with the Heat, Bron was human, why, cause he had to share the load with Wade who was just as dominant as Bron was that year. I dont think Bron liked that, and you can tell that he and Spo has actually spoken about giving him the same role as he had on the Cavs. How do I know this, cause all of a sudden whenever Wade is having a better game he ALWAYS gets subbed out in order for Bron to get in the game and surpass his numbers (LMAO at a game where Wade was clearly having a better game, they were blowing the opponent out, but yet Bron plays the whole 4th and Wade did not touch the floor). I mean, WTF type of shit is this????? What about the fact that Wade does not even have plays ran for him anymore????? You mean to tell me that the coach thought it was a good idea to completely remove the Wade and whoever P&R.

What about the fact that Lebron always comes to get the ball at the end of quarters, but he never takes the ****in shot. I mean bro, WTF are you coming to get the ****in ball for. I can even understand him not wanting to mess up his FG%, but why the **** are you asking for the ball for when another ***** could get it and actually put a shot up with the possibility of a make, mannnn, GTFOH Lebron james, that shows me how much you care about numbers vs wins. I mean, this shit is not sometimes, watch the end of EVERY 1st quarter and see if you ever see Bron not coming to get the ball. Now look to see if you EVER see Bron actually take the half court shot, *****, you are wasting a ****in posession cause you dont want to miss a shot, so dont you think it would be a good idea to get the **** out of the way and let somebody else get it?????

I have a lot more, but ill wait until I get some replies. This is not a hate thread you bitch ass ******, just pointing out some aggravating shit I noticed.
if u really think that you are jackass

detroitdogg
01-03-2013, 01:02 PM
if u really think that you are jackass
Explain to me how a ***** who has not scored under 20 points all year and barely at all last year turns into a scrub when his teammate was outplaying him in the Finals. Explain to me why dude would not even take shots, why, cause he was uncomfortable with the fact that Wade would get credit if Miami had won in 2011 and there is no ***** that could convince me otherwise. Bron is still the exact same player he was 2 years ago, dude NEVER has BAD games, so how in the **** at the biggest stage can you barely average 15 shots per game and only 17 points, dude aint give a **** about winning no title unless he was the one who would get the credit for it. Yall can look at the shit however yall want to, but I feel how I feel because Brfon has showed that he plays for numbers his whole career, this shit aint new bruh.

Jacks3
01-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Lebron James plays the game with intentions to get his numbers, not to win games..
:roll:

Rysio
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Lebron James plays the game with intentions to get his numbers, not to win games.
agreed 100%. per titles are more important to him than championship. thats why he will always be a loser in my eyes.

funnystuff
01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
agreed 100%. per titles are more important to him than championship. thats why he will always be a loser in my eyes.
You say this the season after he wins a championship. :facepalm

kennethgriffin
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
are we gonna act like lebron hasnt actually come out and said publically

"i wanna win mvp every year" instead of "only thing that matters is a ring"

and

"my fg% means i could average as many points as i want. but i don't have to" instead of "only thing that matters is wins"

and

"i wanna get a triple double every night" instead of "it doesnt mean anything if we lose the game"

and

"check my stats" instead of "i just wanna win"

and

"lbj mvp" instead of "no i in team"

and are we gonna act like we havent seen lebron wait till the end of the q buzzer before launching a half court shot ( many many times )

its no secret. lebron cares about his stats more than any other player in the nba. i think he'l be worse than iverson if his minutes and shots, time with the ball is cut down later in his career. he'l keep refusing to play or demanding a trade till he retires at age 34

STATUTORY
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
it's easy to accidentally bump into a ring when you are as talented as he is

but you can't deny that lebron cares a lot more about filling that stat sheet and getting those PER titles than just about anybody in history.

He's one of these new school players raised in an era of "advanced" stats who are trying to manipulate their box scores so they can be praised by those standards

I<3NBA
so if he plays for stats and not for wins, how come the Heat are winning and he keeps missing A LOT of triple doubles? you would expect Lebron to have a lot of trip dubs by now if he was playing for stats.

Jax
If dude plays for stats, why does he come out of games instead of getting triple doubles? Why doesn't he play the 4th quarter on blowouts? SMH

STATUTORY
01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
If dude plays for stats, why does he come out of games instead of getting triple doubles? Why doesn't he play the 4th quarter on blowouts? SMH

cause he's trying to maximize his Per 36 numbers brah

Inactive
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
There has NEVER been a more ball dominant player in the history of sports, let alone the NBA. Lebron James plays the game with intentions to get his numbers, not to win games.Any star point guard has the ball more than Lebron. 42% of his shot attempts come from iso/p&r0. The other 58% are from transition, post up, spot up, cuts, mostly plays initiated off the ball. He plays point half the time on offense, because he's by far the most effective on the team.

I think its amazing that dude can focus so much on his numbers and still be the best in the game, but come on, if you put him with a coach that actually plays TEAM basketball (Spurs) Lebron would be not be putting up historic numbers as he does now with a coach that has no balls at all.The Spurs wouldn't play like the Spurs if they had Lebron.

In the 1st year with the Heat, Bron was human, why, cause he had to share the load with Wade who was just as dominant as Bron was that year. I dont think Bron liked that, and you can tell that he and Spo has actually spoken about giving him the same role as he had on the Cavs. If Lebron acted like that, you think Wade, and the Heat organization would tolerate it? Everyone, including Wade was asking Lebron to take a bigger share of the load in 2012.

How do I know this, cause all of a sudden whenever Wade is having a better game he ALWAYS gets subbed out in order for Bron to get in the game and surpass his numbers Wade is Spoelstra's guy, do you really think he'd sabotage him so Lebron's stats could be superior? Do you really think head coaches in the NBA think like that?

(LMAO at a game where Wade was clearly having a better game, they were blowing the opponent out, but yet Bron plays the whole 4th and Wade did not touch the floor). I mean, WTF type of shit is this????? Spoelstra likes to keep one of the big 3 in, even when there's a big lead, because he's afraid of opposing teams making a run, and his stars all being cooled off. Wade plays fewer minutes, because he's injury prone, and has poor conditioning. Lebron is one of the most durable, and well conditioned players in the NBA.

What about the fact that Wade does not even have plays ran for him anymore????? You mean to tell me that the coach thought it was a good idea to completely remove the Wade and whoever P&R.Wade takes 16.5 shots per 36, Lebron takes 17.6. Wade takes 3.4 shots/TO off P&R per game. Lebron takes 3.1. Wade averages 3.6 per 36 min, Lebron averages 2.9. The numbers are slightly skewed by the fact that Lebron passes more often, but the fact is Wade gets to play P&R just as much, or more when he's on the court.

Rysio
01-03-2013, 01:26 PM
the most gifted player in nba history won 1 ring after 10 years in the league. im so impressed. :rolleyes:

funnystuff
01-03-2013, 01:29 PM
the most gifted player in nba history won 1 ring after 10 years in the league. im so impressed. :rolleyes:
Put MJ on that Cleveland roster. Same boat.

Rysio
01-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Put MJ on that Cleveland roster. Same boat.
every single top 15-20 player would've won a ring in 07 and 11 on lebrick teams.

ZMonkey11
01-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Please tell me this guy isn't really from Detroit. I'm so ashamed...:cry: :cry:

funnystuff
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
every single top 15-20 player would've won a ring in 07 and 11 on lebrick teams.
LOL, bookmarked :cheers:

fpliii
01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Big O probably handled the ball equally as much...

tmacattack33
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
1. I remember many times where Lebron would have a 20 point 1st quarter or 35 point first half or something ridiculous like that...and then he'd end up with 44 points for the whole game.

That right there showed us he didn't care about going for 60 or 50 or whatever.

2. And then of course there are also the 32 point/9 assist/ 12 rebound or the 33 point/12 assist/ 8 rebound nights of his that happen all the time...if he really cared about stats he would go for the triple double.

3. ...and oh yeah, there is also the thing that many of you even said yourself when you criticized him... You said that he went to Miami to get any easy ring or two. Well, if he didn't care about rings then why would you have said that? :roll:

longtime lurker
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I came into this thread ready to flame the Op but he has a point about Lebron being ball dominant and when you think about it it relates to why the Cavs were great in the regular season, but never able to get over the hump in the playoffs(among other reasons too) the last thing I would call Lebron is overrated and who cares if he plays for stats as long as he wins rings.

Oh and Dwyane Wade still sucks

crisoner
01-03-2013, 02:06 PM
LeBron is still far off from catching Jordan.

That talk is real premature. He would have to do something crazy like lead this Heat team to say 4 titles in a row...something Jordan never did (because he retired). Or maybe 5....winning Finals and League MVP's each year...then I will call him the GOAT as well.

I will say he has the talent and skills to give him a chance to do it.
Lot of factors play in to this though....and the biggest one is TIME.
He can get injured...how will he adjust his game when he loses his speed etc.
Can he adjust mentally and physically?

Jordan did that well.

lebeast666
01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Lollll have you even watched other players on Miami handling the ball? They're pretty bad. Even wade been turning the ball over at crucial times like in the playoffs.

Sakkreth
01-03-2013, 02:23 PM
His stats doesnt even reflect how impactful he is. He just controls the game. Op isn't LeBron fan which he claims to be, obvious agenda.

Kurosawa0
01-03-2013, 02:24 PM
LeBron handles the ball so much because other than maybe Rondo and Steve Nash, he's the best playmaker in basketball. Anyone that watches Miami knows they're at their best when LeBron is directing things.

red1
01-03-2013, 02:29 PM
LeBron is still far off from catching Jordan.

That talk is real premature. He would have to do something crazy like lead this Heat team to say 4 titles in a row...something Jordan never did (because he retired). Or maybe 5....winning Finals and League MVP's each year...then I will call him the GOAT as well.

I will say he has the talent and skills to give him a chance to do it.
Lot of factors play in to this though....and the biggest one is TIME.
He can get injured...how will he adjust his game when he loses his speed etc.
Can he adjust mentally and physically?

Jordan did that well.
likelihood of lebron catching jordan now is less than 1% but I really do think he will retire #2

alleykat
01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
disagree.....

first off the title alone - james is not a GOAT candidate at this point. potential to be yes, but as of this point he is not.

second- this seems agenda driven, and calling yourself a "fan" is a means to an end. if you would have posted this after the '11 season it would make sense, but now that you post it a year after he wins the championship makes it seem out of context.

you are entitled to your opinion though, but if you are not aiming to win a championship, then why go for a big market team when you could have stayed in cleveland, be a hometown hero without winning anything, not be the reason your team fails, and not be the most hated man in the NBA?

Pointguard
01-03-2013, 02:41 PM
1. I remember many times where Lebron would have a 20 point 1st quarter or 35 point first half or something ridiculous like that...and then he'd end up with 44 points for the whole game.

Well its obvious that Lebron wants the most games with 20 in a first half and then less than 15 in the second half. Its a stat geek thing.

That right there showed us he didn't care about going for 60 or 50 or whatever.

2. And then of course there are also the 32 point/9 assist/ 12 rebound or the 33 point/12 assist/ 8 rebound nights of his that happen all the time...if he really cared about stats he would go for the triple double.

Its obvious that he wants the most games where he just misses the triple double.

3. ...and oh yeah, there is also the thing that many of you even said yourself when you criticized him... You said that he went to Miami to get any easy ring or two. Well, if he didn't care about rings then why would you have said that? :roll:
Its obvious Lebron went to a team where he would lead his team in the playoffs in (points, assist, FG% among starters) rebounding and steals despite Bosh and Wade having previously been better in those two categories. Lebron injured Bosh and Wade to make these things happen. So teams could focus on him primarily and this, in some strange way, would increase his PER.

Of course I agree with you tmacattack33 but its is funny how these conclusions come about. Lebron has that 20 point first half nearly once every five games. And he never pushes the issue.

LikeABosh
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I guess this is what happens when you are just too dominant. Fools start talking about stat padding and shit, lmao. Maybe he's ball dominate because he's the best ****ing player in the world and good things happen when the balls in his hands!

alleykat
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Well its obvious that Lebron wants the most games with 20 in a first half and then less than 15 in the second half. Its a stat geek thing.

Its obvious that he wants the most games where he just misses the triple double.

Its obvious Lebron went to a team where he would lead his team in the playoffs in (points, assist, FG% among starters) rebounding and steals despite Bosh and Wade having previously been better in those two categories. Lebron injured Bosh and Wade to make these things happen. So teams could focus on him primarily and this, in some strange way, would increase his PER.

Of course I agree with you tmacattack33 but its is funny how these conclusions come about. Lebron has that 20 point first half nearly once every five games. And he never pushes the issue.

i like this

pauk
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM

Stopped right there... obvious troll is obvious...

jstern
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Stopped reading in the middle of the second paragraph because of how ridiculous the OP's understanding seemed.

tmacattack33
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM

What's ridiculous is that I thought you were a real Lebron hater after I read your first two points there (about Lebron going for the most 20 point first halves...and the most near triple doubles), because those comments sound like real comments made from people who are so mad about Lebron's success.

For instance, just before entering this thread and reading your post I read this post in another thread about Lebron...

"he is definitely a stat whore. he stole bosh's and wade's stats. so basically everyone will think he himself is a god while they will think wade and bosh are scrubs nowadays. funny how he supposedly had this moniker that he makes everyone around him better, meanwhile he goes to a team and turns everyone worse. go figure"

That quote sounds very similar to your post, and is just as ridiculous as everything you said besides the part where you said Lebron purposefully injured Wade and Bosh.

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't understand why people who clearly know nothing about basketball are so intent on discussing it on the Internet.

LikeABosh
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't understand why people who clearly know nothing about basketball are so intent on discussing it on the Internet.
Because it's the perfect place for them. If morons like the OP spewed their garbage while actually talking to people face to face, they'd be laughed at.

detroitdogg
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
I know everything about basketball and I aint say not 1 thing that was "wrong" or "not true" at all, and I'd bet anything your bball knowlege could not fuyck with mine on any level, especially when it comes to breaking down skills. What I stated was an opinion in which I feel there is a few things there to see where im coming from, ya dig.I guess ****** are gone act like Lebron has not mentioned numerous comments about his numbers in his career. My bad, I may be wrong about him "not caring about winning" (I dont even think I ever said that anyways) but dude does care a hell of a lot about his stats and his coach supports it. There has been about 6 times this season where bron was not over 20pts in the 4th quarter, the Heat were blowing the opponent out, but yet Brfon was in the game until he fulfilled his 20pt mark. Shit does not take a genius to notice that there is a lot of truth to this, get off the ***** dick and look at the facts bruh.

red1
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I know everything about basketball and I aint say not 1 thing that was "wrong" or "not true" at all, and I'd bet anything your bball knowlege could not fuyck with mine on any level, especially when it comes to breaking down skills. What I stated was an opinion in which I feel there is a few things there to see where im coming from, ya dig.I guess ****** are gone act like Lebron has not mentioned numerous comments about his numbers in his career. My bad, I may be wrong about him "not caring about winning" (I dont even think I ever said that anyways) but dude does care a hell of a lot about his stats and his coach supports it. There has been about 6 times this season where bron was not over 20pts in the 4th quarter, the Heat were blowing the opponent out, but yet Brfon was in the game until he fulfilled his 20pt mark. Shit does not take a genius to notice that there is a lot of truth to this, get off the ***** dick and look at the facts bruh.
Bro, bron is ball-dominant but it works to the benefit of the team. Wade cole and chalmers are are all good ballhandlers but when lebron handles the ball it maximizes everyone on the team

detroitdogg
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Because it's the perfect place for them. If morons like the OP spewed their garbage while actually talking to people face to face, they'd be laughed at.
***** what, you think I would not say this shit in person to any of you bitch ass ****** lol, im from the hood bro, dont ever in your life disrespect me my mans, I stated an opinion in which I would stand by in any enviroment you fukk boy. Now, get the **** out of my thread bitch *****. Talking bout saying something to somebody face, I'd beat the **** out of you for even trying to make it seem like I would be worried about any of you lame ass whiteboys, **** outta here *****.

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
You're right he obviously cares more about stats than winning that's why he left a team where he could average whatever the hell he wanted to for a team where he would have to share the ball but win. Come the **** on.

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
***** what, you think I would not say this shit in person to any of you bitch ass ****** lol, im from the hood bro, dont ever in your life disrespect me my mans, I stated an opinion in which I would stand by in any enviroment you fukk boy. Now, get the **** out of my thread bitch *****. Talking bout saying something to somebody face, I'd beat the **** out of you for even trying to make it seem like I would be worried about any of you lame ass whiteboys, **** outta here *****.
Oh my god Internet gangstas :roll:

Yao Ming's Foot
01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Lebron is one of the greatest basketball players of all time but he sure has a hard time releasing a prayer of a shot prior to the end of quarter without the buzzer sounding keeping his precious field goal percentage in tact.

I've seen it numerous times. The slight chance one of those goes in isn't worth the field goal percentage drop for him. :confusedshrug:

LikeABosh
01-03-2013, 03:28 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Are you for real??:yaohappy:

Spaulding
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Obvious troll.

Move along.

detroitdogg
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Are you for real??:yaohappy:
Yeah im for real *****, dont sit up here and act as if I said some shit that there was no truth at all to lil *****. The fukk would I be worried about nyggas opinions on some shit where there is a bunch of proof to. If you feel imn taking it to the extreme then fine, but there is no ****in way you can sit here and say im making this shit up.

LikeABosh
01-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah im for real *****, dont sit up here and act as if I said some shit that there was no truth at all to lil *****. The fukk would I be worried about nyggas opinions on some shit where there is a bunch of proof to. If you feel imn taking it to the extreme then fine, but there is no ****in way you can sit here and say im making this shit up.
Okay. Have fun in detroit. Dont get shot

Money 23
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Okay. Have fun in detroit. Dont get shot
That show Hardcore Pawn is a riot, though.

Bunch of dudes like OP making fools of themselves. Detroit is full of people like that unfortunately.

red1
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
:roll: smh

Money 23
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
:roll: smh
The cuss words and ghetto rant, combined with the meticulously placed commas had me

:roll: :roll: :roll:

KyrieTheFuture
01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
The hood isn't as bad as I thought if they can afford internet

Legends66NBA7
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
There are aspects of LeBron than can be viewed as overrated, but it's mostly negated because of the positives he can bring. OP does bring some valid reasons, though.

I don't view LeBron as a GOAT candidate right now. He probably won't end up the GOAT either.

The hood isn't as bad as I thought if they can afford internet

Hustling to pay for it. :confusedshrug:

Besides, it's not like America is a 3rd world country.

Pointguard
01-03-2013, 03:58 PM
What's ridiculous is that I thought you were a real Lebron hater after I read your first two points there (about Lebron going for the most 20 point first halves...and the most near triple doubles), because those comments sound like real comments made from people who are so mad about Lebron's success.

For instance, just before entering this thread and reading your post I read this post in another thread about Lebron...

"he is definitely a stat whore. he stole bosh's and wade's stats. so basically everyone will think he himself is a god while they will think wade and bosh are scrubs nowadays. funny how he supposedly had this moniker that he makes everyone around him better, meanwhile he goes to a team and turns everyone worse. go figure"

That quote sounds very similar to your post, and is just as ridiculous as everything you said besides the part where you said Lebron purposefully injured Wade and Bosh.

I thought I was being crazy ridiculous. I saw the year when Jordan made it a point to average 8 assist and it was very obvious he was aiming toward that end but the amazing thing about his game was that his scoring was still just as off the hook as it ever was. Whatever else was gravy, but nobody ever brought he was going to ever average that again and that it was part of his natural game, but he could do it and still be efficient was the great thing about him. Lebron always had the all around efficient game. He's been asked to rebound more to help his team and he can do while it doesn't sacrifice the other aspects of his game.

Ikill
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
You make some good points but since you made controversial statements some people are not going to take you seriously if you know what i mean. Lebrons ball dominance can be a negative at times but for now people really don't notice it because he is playing so good. All stars in the nba have annoying things they do but these things are not noticed until the players start playing under expectations.