PDA

View Full Version : What team is dumb enough to offer Dwight Howard a max contract?

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 04:58 AM
This scrubs value must be so low right now. He expects a max contract but I dont think any teams except really desperate small market ones like Toronto or Orlando would offer him one.

wagexslave
01-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Charlotte MJs

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2013, 05:03 AM
Until he improves his overall game, he is not worthy of one.

DirkNowitzki41
01-04-2013, 05:09 AM
dallas, maybe.

although they didnt even max out deron.. so who knows? :confusedshrug:

LoneyROY7
01-04-2013, 05:09 AM
Raptors.

KOBE143
01-04-2013, 05:10 AM
He need to be send in the D-league so that fool will learn..

SacJB Shady
01-04-2013, 05:14 AM
back up on warriors

atljonesbro
01-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Sh1t I want Atlanta to. I'd be happy to take a risk on him.

chains5000
01-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Lakers will

konex
01-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Lakers have no choice but to offer him the max

El Kabong
01-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Sh1t I want Atlanta to. I'd be happy to take a risk on him.
They'd be better chasing Chris Paul.

I'm sure Dallas will chase him, Nets would too if they had the spare cash. Lakers will have to try and re-sign him also.

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 06:18 AM
NO there is an easy choice. Offer him 10 mil and let him walk for nothing, if he does, use the capspace TO SIGN GOOD PLAYERS.

Asik for Howard, doubt rockets would even do this trade if salaries worked, but it would improve the Lakers and make the Rockets worse. Same as Joachim Noah or Anderson Varejao, even guys like that would be upgrades over Howard.

STATUTORY
01-04-2013, 06:20 AM

lakers shouldn't pay 20mil+ for a guy when they can get Java Mgee to basically do the samething at less than half the price and none of the corniness

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm pretty sure even if we replace D12 with Gortat, there would not be a huge dropoff and he would actually help the team because Gortat knows his limitations and doesn't think he's Shaq and drink his own koolaid.

chains5000
01-04-2013, 06:24 AM
NO there is an easy choice. Offer him 10 mil and let him walk for nothing, if he does, use the capspace TO SIGN GOOD PLAYERS.
Lakers won't have any cap space even if Howard leaves.

konex
01-04-2013, 06:28 AM

They can't acquire any stars unless it's via trade and they have no attractive pieces besides Howard. Unless you want an irrelevant team after Kobe leaves, you re-sign the big man..

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Lakers won't have any cap space even if Howard leaves.
don't matter, the payroll will be lower and this bad attitude diva will be off the team.

Asik, Varejao, Marc Gasol, Al Jefferson, Pekavic, Deandre Jordan, Noah, all these guys would be upgrades over D12 and earn less than he does.

This guy has the worst attitude of any 'superstar' in the league and is expected to be the future of the franchise, I'd rather watch 5 years of 20-62 rebuilding basketball then 5 years of corny D12 struggling and failing and smiling on the bench as his team goes out in the second round year after year.

tomtucker
01-04-2013, 06:33 AM
lakers shouldn't pay 20mil+ for a guy when they can get Java Mgee to basically do the samething at less than half the price and none of the corniness
:roll:

STATUTORY
01-04-2013, 06:36 AM
:roll:

the only difference between Mcgee and Dwight is dwight gets his goaltends recorded as blocks and Javale don't

I'm pretty sure even if we replace D12 with Gortat, there would not be a huge dropoff and he would actually help the team because Gortat knows his limitations and doesn't think he's Shaq and drink his own koolaid.

I take gortat right now. better chemistry with nash and that eastern euro bro intimidation

chains5000
01-04-2013, 06:36 AM
don't matter, the payroll will be lower and this bad attitude diva will be off the team.

Asik, Varejao, Marc Gasol, Al Jefferson, Pekavic, Deandre Jordan, Noah, all these guys would be upgrades over D12 and earn less than he does.

This guy has the worst attitude of any 'superstar' in the league and is expected to be the future of the franchise, I'd rather watch 5 years of 20-62 rebuilding basketball then 5 years of corny D12 struggling and failing and smiling on the bench as his team goes out in the second round year after year.
And how are you gonna get any of these players?

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 06:42 AM
And how are you gonna get any of these players?
We can't because no GM would offer a center that is better than Dwight Howard and getting paid half as much.

Colangelo is the only guy stupid enough to want Howard but his team is so talentless, I dont even know what he can do, Bargnani and Lowry for Howard? That seems unfair honestly IMO plus he knows Howard will not resign in Toronto

Dragic+Gortat for Howard? I really wish, but I dont think the suns are dumb enough to do this.

chains5000
01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
We can't because no GM would offer a center that is better than Dwight Howard and getting paid half as much.
Then you must realize why LA must resign Howard.

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Then you must realize why LA must resign Howard.
Nope. it's better for the team to let him walk then to be locked up for years paying a shit player too much money, like what happened to the Knicks with Curry and Marbury.

gasolina
01-04-2013, 06:48 AM
I'd rather watch 5 years of 20-62 rebuilding basketball then 5 years of corny D12 struggling and failing and smiling on the bench as his team goes out in the second round year after year.
As a longtime grizzly fan, trust me you don't.

:coleman:

Laker fans are so spoiled... you sound like those girls in bridezilla

I<3NBA
01-04-2013, 08:26 AM
it's gun be good When LA lets Dwight walks and he beasts on the next team he's on.

Rubio2Gasol
01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Brooklyn.

If you can get Lopez and Gerald Wallace take it. Lopez is developing into a very nice defensive player to go with infinitely smoother and flowing offense,

niko
01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
He's hurt. He's going to get better. And he's the best center in the game. Who is better? Brook Lopez and his non insured contract? Bynum who hasn't even played?

The Lakers will offer him the max, and it will be the right move. As would any team with room. He's coming off a major injury.

niko
01-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Brooklyn.

If you can get Lopez and Gerald Wallace take it. Lopez is developing into a very nice defensive player to go with infinitely smoother and flowing offense,

Yes, those two guys for 4 years at huge dollars makes more sense than offering Dwight the max. Not like Lopez is injury prone and Wallace is getting older.

niko
01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Nope. it's better for the team to let him walk then to be locked up for years paying a shit player too much money, like what happened to the Knicks with Curry and Marbury.

Are you trying to troll or do you really know nothing?

Rubio2Gasol
01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes, those two guys for 4 years at huge dollars makes more sense than offering Dwight the max. Not like Lopez is injury prone and Wallace is getting older.

They have what..2 or 3 years of Kobe and Nash left and they just signed D'Antoni on a multi year deal.

Those 2 guys fit his system perfectly. Is Lopez more injury prone than Howard? I mean he played 3 full seasons, it's not like he's been struggling with injuries his entire career.

I didn't know Lopez was injury prone, I know he broke his leg and missed some games, but I thought that was all it was.

niko
01-04-2013, 09:29 AM
They have what..2 or 3 years of Kobe and Nash left and they just signed D'Antoni on a multi year deal.

Those 2 guys fit his system perfectly. Is Lopez more injury prone than Howard? I mean he played 3 full seasons, it's not like he's been struggling with injuries his entire career.

I didn't know Lopez was injury prone, I know he broke his leg and missed some games, but I thought that was all it was.
Lopez had two stress related foot injuries last year. Basically his foot snapped because it couldn't handle his weight. Does that mean it will happen again? No. Do you trade for someone like that and jettison Dwight? **** no.

And i love Wallace but he's a player who relies on athleticism who is getting older and has a very non friendly contract.

You don't jettison a young franchise player even if he's playing badly for bad contracts, that's just stupid.

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Lopez is a legit second option and great scoring option in the post and younger than Dwight.

Gerald Wallace can play 3 or 4, is a beast on the boards and an athletic defender.

No way Brooklyn trades both of those for Dwight. If they did it would be rape in the Lakers favor.

You obviously arent watching enough lakers games, you dont understand how bad he is when not on the SVG offense.

Dwight Howard is not 'young' he's like 27 supposedly entering his prime though it looks like his athleticism is done.

Dwight relies more on athleticism than Gerald Wallace. Atleast when Wallace's athleticism goes he will have elite hustle and work rate to fall back on. Dwight has shown he has nothing to fall back on.

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Are you trying to troll or do you really know nothing?
Was the money the Knicks spent on Curry and Marbury money well spent in your opinion?

STATUTORY
01-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Dwight Howard is not 'young' he's like 27 supposedly entering his prime though it looks like his athleticism is done.

Dwight relies more on athleticism than Gerald Wallace. Atleast when Wallace's athleticism goes he will have elite hustle and work rate to fall back on. Dwight has shown he has nothing to fall back on.

Exactly, the idea that Howard is young is just cause people aren't paying attention

if you look at Dwight's body when he was 18 it's clear he was one of those guys that bloomed early, probably went through puberty at younger age. that means he's gonna start aging and existing his physical prime earlier too.

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Exactly, the idea that Howard is young is just cause people aren't paying attention

if you look at Dwight's body when he was 18 it's clear he was one of those guys that bloomed early, probably went through puberty at younger age. that means he's gonna start aging and existing his physical prime earlier too.
not necessarily, there are people like Lebron who show no signs of slowing down, or Vince Carter who can still throw down Vinsanity jams on people to this day if he actually cared.

But it doesn't look like Dwight is one of those people.

Adrian Peterson tore his ACL and came back a year later having his best season ever, due to his otherworldly determination during rehab.

One thing we know about Dwight is that determination and hard work are not his strong suits.

This injury is an excuse D12 and D12 fans are going to fall back on for the rest of his career.

bagelred
01-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I'd offer him the max money minus $1. Just to teach him a lesson.

And this way you can say, "hey, at least we didn't give him max money....":cheers:

gasolina
01-04-2013, 10:24 AM
My how things have changed.... last year people were laughing at the Nets offer for Lopez and Humphries contracts

niko
01-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Lopez is a legit second option and great scoring option in the post and younger than Dwight.

Gerald Wallace can play 3 or 4, is a beast on the boards and an athletic defender.

No way Brooklyn trades both of those for Dwight. If they did it would be rape in the Lakers favor.

You obviously arent watching enough lakers games, you dont understand how bad he is when not on the SVG offense.

Your GM is not trading Dwight for Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace. Dwight is hurt. Are you honestly too stupid to understand Dwight is coming off an injury? Lopez stepped wrong and the Nets sat him for three weeks. Do you think he's 100% ok? And Wallace has an awful contract, even for what he does.

THe Lakers would be the ones who would not do Dwight for Lopez and Wallace, not the other way around. I seriously hope you are trolling because if not you honestly know nothing about basketball. Two cap clogging contracts, one player getting older and one coming off stress fractures in his foot. Because you're worried about Dwight's health. :facepalm

Laker fans are spoiled, they deserve this mess they got. it's unfortunate their GM won't panic and **** things up like they are asking him to do.

niko
01-04-2013, 10:29 AM
My how things have changed.... last year people were laughing at the Nets offer for Lopez and Humphries contracts
They still are. It's still a stupid offer. Overreacting fans with no basketball knowledge don't make stupid trades good trades. What would Laker fans be saying if that trade was made the first time Lopez got hurt?

Walker
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Cut the bullshit, STAT got a max deal with substandard play, a long injury history and despite not even being able to get insurance.
Anyone who believes for one second that there won't be a good 10 teams at least tripping over themselves to offer Howard a max deal are dilusional.

Rubio2Gasol
01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
I have no idea what's wrong with Lopez as I was under the impression he suffered an isolated injury and watching him he's moving very well and doesn't seem like an injury prone player.

Assuming there are no red flags about his health I see it as a viable trade because as a player he's developing into a very good one, who is coincidentally a much better fit for a D'Antoni team that's all about trusting their offense.

For reference I never laughed at the Nets trade offer. I just thought that considering Bynum and Lopez overall potential and injury situations at the time, Bynum would have been the better option.

Chapallaz
01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I'd offer him the max money minus $1. Just to teach him a lesson.

And this way you can say, "hey, at least we didn't give him max money....":cheers:Is that Bobby Jackson on crack?

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Your GM is not trading Dwight for Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace. Dwight is hurt. Are you honestly too stupid to understand Dwight is coming off an injury? Lopez stepped wrong and the Nets sat him for three weeks. Do you think he's 100% ok? And Wallace has an awful contract, even for what he does.

THe Lakers would be the ones who would not do Dwight for Lopez and Wallace, not the other way around. I seriously hope you are trolling because if not you honestly know nothing about basketball. Two cap clogging contracts, one player getting older and one coming off stress fractures in his foot. Because you're worried about Dwight's health. :facepalm

Laker fans are spoiled, they deserve this mess they got. it's unfortunate their GM won't panic and **** things up like they are asking him to do.
Dwight did so well in Orlando because
a)SVGs system designed to hide all his weaknesses
b) he played in the east against teams with shitty front courts like Charlotte and Al Horford in Atlanta and Toronto etc etc.

In the west he can't cut it. I knew he was overrated after watching one legged Andrew Bynum shut him down in the 2009 finals.

Even old Shaq used to style on this clown all day.

He is injured and never going back to his full athleticism what part of that don't you understand?

You have a hyped up viewpoint of Dwight because you are used to seeing him dominate your team and other shitty eastern conference teams. You fell for the market and media hype and you judge him based on his 40/20 playoff games, which dont forget, were against teams like Charlotte and Atlanta, once he got to an average center, Kendrick Perkins, he got shut down by him. Even Pau Gasol, by no means a defensive juggernaut, was able to easily defend him.

He's just not very good and now without his athleticism he is even worse.

This combined with his bad attitude and constant jokes and meltdowns in pressure situations, and lack of work ethic shown by completely ignoring freethrow shooting advice from Steve Nash, and Hakeem himself saying that Dwight Howard doesn't use anything that he taught him, leads me to believe he is bad for the franchise, a bad lockerroom presence and not worthy of being the face of the Los Angeles Lakers in the future.

ShaqAttack3234
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
A LOT of trolls around, huh? Anyone who calls Howard's back surgery an excuse needs to educate themselves on back injuries and watch some older Dwight Howard games in Orlando.

Even some of the good centers being tossed around would be terrible in D'Antoni's system. D'Antoni has never liked post up players. Brook Lopez? Not only can't he run, but his strength is his post game, he's not much of a rebounder and he'd pretty much become a jump shooter in that system like Pau.

We don't know if Dwight will ever get back to his Orlando form, but it's obvious that he'll get a max deal. No team is going to pass up on the chance to have Dwight back at 100% or even remotely close, especially in this league. Dwight wasn't supposed to be back until January, I'd wait until at least around the all-star break to guess on how close he'll be back to 100%. Hopefully, D'Antoni will try to utilize him more in the meantime to give him a chance to show what he can do and develop confidence. Not that it's necessarily right, it's true that big men don't stay as focused when they don't get the ball. D'Antoni has to recognize this and not alienate Dwight further. Dwight deserves blame for his attitude at times, but you think Phil would be handling it this way? Dwight should be playing better right now regardless of physical limitations and the system, but before writing his obituary, lets give him more time physically and see what he can still do when he's not underutilized.

Chapallaz
01-04-2013, 11:20 AM
A LOT of trolls around, huh? Anyone who calls Howard's back surgery an excuse needs to educate themselves on back injuries and watch some older Dwight Howard games in Orlando.

Even some of the good centers being tossed around would be terrible in D'Antoni's system. D'Antoni has never liked post up players. Brook Lopez? Not only can't he run, but his strength is his post game, he's not much of a rebounder and he'd pretty much become a jump shooter in that system like Pau.

We don't know if Dwight will ever get back to his Orlando form, but it's obvious that he'll get a max deal. No team is going to pass up on the chance to have Dwight back at 100% or even remotely close, especially in this league. Dwight wasn't supposed to be back until January, I'd wait until at least around the all-star break to guess on how close he'll be back to 100%. Hopefully, D'Antoni will try to utilize him more in the meantime to give him a chance to show what he can do and develop confidence. Not that it's necessarily right, it's true that big men don't stay as focused when they don't get the ball. D'Antoni has to recognize this and not alienate Dwight further. Dwight deserves blame for his attitude at times, but you think Phil would be handling it this way? Dwight should be playing better right now regardless of physical limitations and the system, but before writing his obituary, lets give him more time physically and see what he can still do when he's not underutilized.

Not trolls perse. More a bad case of guys who rarely watch a game and just miss a lot of basketball knowledge/insight overall. Like Nick Young, who basically posts dumb crap all the time.

STATUTORY
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM

this underutilization excuse is just a cop out. great players don't let themselves be underutilized. the reason he's underutilized is because featuring him would only work to the detriment of the team

yea if the lakers fed Dwight every trip down and cleared off after the shot so he can get the rebound he might average 20/10 but the team would be WINLESS

his game is so limited it only works in contrived environment like orlando. anyteam that has dwight as the best player will be irrelevant in the next decade.

niko
01-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Well Laker fans better get used to it because the team paying him max will be the Lakers. He had a serious back injury, he came back to play through the rehabbing rather than sitting out. By end of season he'll look like a different player, and OP will post "DWIGHT HOWARD IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER, I TOLD ALL OF YOU".

I just can't take the stupidty of posting that no team would be stupid enough to sign Howard to max because he's damaged good, but you'd trade for Brook Lopez at max dollars. People talk a lot of shit but don't pay attention to anything.

red1
01-04-2013, 12:37 PM
:facepalm typical nick young thread

ShaqAttack3234
01-04-2013, 12:38 PM
this underutilization excuse is just a cop out. great players don't let themselves be underutilized. the reason he's underutilized is because featuring him would only work to the detriment of the team

yea if the lakers fed Dwight every trip down and cleared off after the shot so he can get the rebound he might average 20/10 but the team would be WINLESS

his game is so limited it only works in contrived environment like orlando. anyteam that has dwight as the best player will be irrelevant in the next decade.

Please, just stop talking about Dwight. He was EASILY the best player on a team that won 59 games back to back seasons and made it to the finals and conference finals. That's not irrelevant. Just imagine if 2011 Dwight had played on the '09 or '10 Magic. Your excuse for why Dwight worked in Orlando makes no sense.

I'm not saying feature Dwight as much/more than Kobe offensively, but D'Antoni is proving to be a jackass once again. He really doesn't care about trying to establish Dwight. D'Antoni is forcing his style on a team that isn't suited for it. Few are, he's an exceptionally stubborn and limited coach. I saw it for nearly 4 years.

There's no reason why they can't run a few more plays for Dwight. Some of it is on him, but you can't expect him to play up to even his current potential without the opportunity. He's played worse since D'Antoni took over.

I'm sure Dwight can still average 20/10 without "clearing out every trip for him" or being the first option. He was averaging 20/11 before D'Antoni took over on just 12 FGA and a bit under 11 FTA.

Whatever D'Antoni is doing is not working, and I'm not surprised. He's well on his way to alienating Howard the way he did Melo. This is the same clown who preferred Jeremy Lin to Melo. Fast forward a season, and Melo has been a top 3 player so far and we're in January.

Dwight needs post ups to establish himself, his coach isn't willing to do that. He can't just dribble the ball up and create like a guard. This wouldn't be a problem with almost any other coach. Most would give Dwight more opportunities, in almost any normal offense, he'd have them.

red1
01-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Statutory you consistently prove that you are a dumbass. I am the first to call dwight an overrated, corny, f*gg*t-ass clown but has it occured to any of you that this is all premature? In the summer noone even expected dwight to be back this early, let's give the guy a little more time before we write him off for being overrated his entire career.

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Raptors.

I'd wish.

BC will be content with riding Bargnani, though.

rmt
01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Some Laker fans are so spoiled. Look around the league - there are not that many good big men and here you are dissing the best center in the league. I swear some of the Kobe fans would be criticizing Prime Hakeem/Duncan if they were on the Lakers.

DH is just being mis-used. The problem is not him - it's D'Antoni and his "system." Give DH time - his back will get better. Those who criticize him need a dose of what other teams have to put up with - scrubs like Bonner and Blair being a major part of the rotation - then you can complain. And lol at no other team offering DH the max - they'll be lining up. LAL will have to re-sign DH and either keep or trade him - no other way to replace him as they're WAY above the cap.

Whoah10115
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
What's sadder than OP are all those who give it credence.

Between 30 and 30 teams would offer him a max.

Nick Young
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Some Laker fans are so spoiled. Look around the league - there are not that many good big men and here you are dissing the best center in the league. I swear some of the Kobe fans would be criticizing Prime Hakeem/Duncan if they were on the Lakers.

DH is just being mis-used. The problem is not him - it's D'Antoni and his "system." Give DH time - his back will get better. Those who criticize him need a dose of what other teams have to put up with - scrubs like Bonner and Blair being a major part of the rotation - then you can complain. And lol at no other team offering DH the max - they'll be lining up. LAL will have to re-sign DH and either keep or trade him - no other way to replace him as they're WAY above the cap.
Best center in the league?

Judge him on this season and not his ESPN manufactured reputation. It's foolish to assume he's going to get his athleticism back completely after back surgery.

Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, and Tyson Chandler are clearly a tier above him.

Varejao, Faried, Asik, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Brook Lopez, Noah all are playing better than Dwight this year.

A few other guys atleast his equals.

He is not the best bigman in the league, not even close, especially if you start looking at PFs.

Athleticism doesn't fix his shitty offensive game and bad touch around the basket. He's not going to get back to full athleticism. Stop judging him based on the past.

red1
01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Best center in the league?

Judge him on this season and not his ESPN manufactured reputation. It's foolish to assume he's going to get his athleticism back completely after back surgery.

Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, and Tyson Chandler are clearly a tier above him.

Varejao, Faried, Asik, Al Jefferson, Gortat, Brook Lopez, Noah all are playing better than Dwight this year.

A few other guys atleast his equals.

He is not the best bigman in the league, not even close, especially if you start looking at PFs.

Athleticism doesn't fix his shitty offensive game and bad touch around the basket. He's not going to get back to full athleticism. Stop judging him based on the past.
Someone posted that dwight's back surgeon said that he will always know that he got the back surgery but that he will be able to get back to 99% of his full athleticism. Right now he is not close to that. April is a long way away, who knows how well he is able to rehab in that time. In the meantime what laker fans need to realize is that dwight is not responsible for most of your teams issues.

red1
01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Laker's offense is actually fine, the problems are all defense related.

Derka
01-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Are you nuts? Teams are going to trip over themselves to throw max money at this guy. Pretty shitty to blame the Lakers' problems on Dwight while the guy's playing hurt and the entire team is adjusting to Mike "Wut Defense" D'Antoni's offense completely on the fly.

I'm not one to stick up for the Lakers but in this case, people thinking Dwight should be traded are just nuts. Plain old nuts.

And brace yourself for a shocker, but Los Angeles Lakers will be one of them. D'Antoni will gone loooong before Howard is, you better believe.

LAL
01-04-2013, 01:37 PM

He's being judged as DH "the superstar" or DH "the best center in the league", and i am not saying that i agree with all the bashing but that's because i always felt he was pretty overrated (offensively) during his ORL days.. And i don't know if it's the back or the system but he does look worse than previous seasons. It's really not that crazy to think they will not give him the max judging by the way he's playing right now.. But too early to talk about it though.

GOBB
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Lakers didnt make a deal for Dwight just to let another team sign him. Dwight wouldnt turn down the extra million Lakers can offer him vs other teams just to go elsewhere. I'd be shocked if Dwight didnt end up a Laker next season. Really no logical reason for him not too. Face it Kobe is getting old by the day and his time in L.A is short. Dwight can be there for years. Its hard to find franchise caliber talents. Lakers have a young big and can go from there post Kobe. Most teams losing a Kobe would fall flat on face. L.A unfortunately wont

Mr Exlax
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
I hope like hell the Rockets get him. He's still the best center in the NBA and he's not even 100% healthy.

STATUTORY
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Statutory you consistently prove that you are a dumbass. I am the first to call dwight an overrated, corny, f*gg*t-ass clown but has it occured to any of you that this is all premature? In the summer noone even expected dwight to be back this early, let's give the guy a little more time before we write him off for being overrated his entire career.
then we are on the same page :applause:

Rysio
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
this scrub is doing nothing on offense and defense. he should be sending in 3 dpoy awards to stan van gundy with an apology for costing him his job. not even the bobcats would sign this scrub.

red1
01-04-2013, 01:49 PM
then we are on the same page :applause:
We are on the same page when you acknowledge that the poor defense of pau gasol, ron artest, kobe bryant, and now steve nash are costing your team wins

red1
01-04-2013, 01:52 PM
dantoni is also responsible for the poor defense, add him to the list too

STATUTORY
01-04-2013, 02:24 PM
We are on the same page when you acknowledge that the poor defense of pau gasol, ron artest, kobe bryant, and now steve nash are costing your team wins

I don't dispute what you are saying about gasol, artest, nash, dantoni, but none of that absolves dwight, who is the topic of this thread.

red1
01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't dispute what you are saying about gasol, artest, nash, dantoni, but none of that absolves dwight, who is the topic of this thread.
If the lakers were winning their games none of this would be an issue. Shaq couldnt hit a freethrow for shit but he is GOAT. Dwights turnovers are not even close to the negative impact of of your sloppy half-assed defense.

I watched the last sixers game and noone on the team was making it hard for spencers hawes to spot up and just wet jumpers. During a decisive possession towards the end of the game while dwight was covering hawes jrue holiday blew past every perimter defender and slammed it home to ice the game. You guys are acting like dwight is responsible for your losses. No. Just stop.

red1
01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I see what you did there f*gg*t. kobe is no better than the rest