PDA

View Full Version : Keep overrating Kobe Bryant

PistolPete44
01-05-2013, 02:30 AM
36 points with the aid of a dominant Center ( 15 rebounds tonight )
and a top PG in this era... still losing to a team composed of immature players ( Blake's post ups, Butler's TO , Barnes inability to defend )

Paul > Kobe anyday

STATUTORY
01-05-2013, 02:32 AM
1/6 MWP
1/6 GAsol
2/12 Meeks

ni99a did u even watch the game?

gtfomyface
lol were u even watching the game and the types of shots that kobe was making

kNicKz
You're underrating the clippers a bit in this post. Give them credit for this win

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Perma ban op.

Noob Saibot
01-05-2013, 02:33 AM
no Jamal Crawford either.

longtime lurker
01-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Please shut the **** up and leave this site.

clayton
01-05-2013, 02:35 AM
At this point of his career, it's all about putting as much points as possible. He didn't care about the loss. 38 points and smiling the whole game. Nash picked the wrong team to ring chase.

rs98762001
01-05-2013, 02:37 AM
There really are some stupid people on this site.

LamarOdom
When Kobe on the floor,

Lakers+6

eat a dick and die.

SyRyanYang
At this point of his career, it's all about putting as much points as possible. He didn't care about the loss. 38 points and smiling the whole game.
That's why he (nearly) locked down Paul in the entire fourth quarter:facepalm

Rooster
01-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Whoever question his performance tonight clearly did not watch the game.

RRR3
01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
That's why he (nearly) locked down Paul in the entire fourth quarter:facepalm
He didn't lock down shit CP3 crossed the fukk outta Kobe like 4 times

longtime lurker
01-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Whoever question his performance tonight clearly did not watch the game.

Dude he's been doing this the whole season. Whoever doesn't acknowledge this is a straight up hater.

DKLaker
01-05-2013, 02:44 AM
and a top PG in this era... still losing to a team composed of immature players ( Blake's post ups, Butler's TO , Barnes inability to defend )

Paul > Kobe anyday

OP = Moron who didn't watch the game and only looked at the stats :facepalm

Draz
01-05-2013, 02:44 AM
You probably didn't watch the game. It was basically Kobe vs CP3 & the Clippers. Kobe did his job. I thought he played really good. This is coming from a Non Laker - Non Clipper fan. Clippers are just more solid, more of a team, they have more composer.

Rooster
01-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Dude he's been doing this the whole season. Whoever doesn't acknowledge this is a straight up hater.

Not really there few games where he was hogging and chucking some poor percentage shots. But for the most part, he is getting good looks especially after Nash came back.

Remix
01-05-2013, 02:49 AM
When Kobe on the floor,

Lakers+6

eat a dick and die.
this.

and im pretty sure kobe played 44 minutes. and they lost by what, 5?

so in the whole 4 minutes kobe was out, the clippers had an 11 point advantage.

NLZ
01-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Kobe was unbelievable tonight... can't imagine the score without him

Levity
01-05-2013, 02:52 AM
wow op. you truly are a terrible poster.

longtime lurker
01-05-2013, 02:53 AM
Not really there few games where he was hogging and chucking some poor percentage shots. But for the most part, he is getting good looks especially after Nash came back.

Honestly as bad as it sounds if it wasn't for Kobe looking to score the Lakers would be getting blown out. Especially when Nash wasn't playing. Sorry but there's no way you can criticize the guy's play play considering how hard he's playing after 17 seasons.

DKLaker
01-05-2013, 02:54 AM

A few games? What is your point? We didn't say he was perfect or could walk on water :facepalm He's having an amazing season and it has nothing to do with Nash.

RRR3
wow op. you truly are a terrible poster.
That boy aint right :lol

schism206
Lets be fair, CP3 was gonna do that to anyone who was guarding him tonight. At least Kobe has the balls to take the challenge. I've never been a Bryant fan, but I'm respecting his game more and more. Sure he chucks and try's to go into hero mode, but the dude comes to play every night and is always guarding one of the best offensive players on the other team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Not the biggest of Kobe fans, but to suggest he deserves blame for tonight's L is laughable. The guys scoring ALONE kept the Lakers in the game.

LA's problem, like it's BEEN this season, lies in their defense. No help defense, terrible switching. Just no communication on that end. Dwight w/ his turnovers/fouls and Pau w/ his bitchass play didn't help.

I love Pau's game, but he's looked like shit ALL year.

RRR3
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Lets be fair, CP3 was gonna do that to anyone who was guarding him tonight. At least Kobe has the balls to take the challenge. I've never been a Bryant fan, but I'm respecting his game more and more. Sure he chucks and try's to go into hero mode, but the dude comes to play every night and is always guarding one of the best offensive players on the other team.
Wtf Kobe often guards the weakest player on the floor to conserve energy. Wasn't the case today but in general the past few years...

Rubio2Gasol
01-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Did anyone see the denial in the passing lanes in the first half? . That was some amazing defense man, clinic .

Rubio2Gasol
01-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Wtf Kobe often guards the weakest player on the floor to conserve energy. Wasn't the case today but in general the past few years...

Because Logic dictates that when you're carrying multiple injuries and you're old as hell you don't waste your energy checking the best opposition player all game long.

I don't even know a single superstar who doesn't do this.

Honestly.

More than that, most of them plain don't try on defense throughout the game because the expound so much more energy on offense.

dazzer87
01-05-2013, 03:12 AM
At this point of his career, it's all about putting as much points as possible. He didn't care about the loss. 38 points and smiling the whole game. Nash picked the wrong team to ring chase.
This. All Kobe care now is that all time scoring title. I do feel sorry for Nash tho. He was better off staying with the Suns

Rooster
01-05-2013, 03:19 AM
A few games? What is your point? We didn't say he was perfect or could walk on water :facepalm He's having an amazing season and it has nothing to do with Nash.

I think my point is he has the ability to get better looks but somewhat settle for tough shots. Tough shots are poor percentage shots. If you by emotion, Kobe is amazing player he can make them. But if you go by numbers, 40% at best.

Bandito
01-05-2013, 03:22 AM
Not a lot of people can't lock him anyways. He still did the better job though after he started defending him he diminished his performance by a lot. It just was too late to do anything. He should've start guarding him the whole last quarter and hope for a miracle...they still lost by 5

TheeBeast
01-05-2013, 03:23 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_04rUOCUAAXeVl.jpg:large

G-Funk
01-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Lebron be doing this his whole career.

Deuce Bigalow
01-05-2013, 03:33 AM
http://i.imm.io/RKgb.png
http://i.imm.io/RKgm.png

Dat face

nayte
01-05-2013, 03:47 AM

Not really on topic but isnt that an offensive foul ?
Ive seen alot of posters claim this when Blake Griffen does it..

IGotACoolStory
01-05-2013, 04:00 AM
You probably didn't watch the game. It was basically Kobe vs CP3 & the Clippers. Kobe did his job. I thought he played really good. This is coming from a Non Laker - Non Clipper fan. Clippers are just more solid, more of a team, they have more composer.

Same here.

Nash, imo, is the most overrated composer in the last decade. He can't create any playable shit for his band of teammates.

longtime lurker
01-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Chris Paul shot 11 for 25. If this had been Kobe shooting 11 for 25 there would be at least 5 threads on the front page about how he's chucking and is such a poor shooter. Kobe did a great job on Paul defensively everything considered, but Paul played his ass off and actually got support from his teammates.

no pun intended
01-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Same here.

Nash, imo, is the most overrated composer in the last decade. He can't create any playable shit for his band of teammates.
:biggums:

Droid101
01-05-2013, 04:37 AM
RRR, don't make me re-ignore you.

Kobe played great tonight. Guess who didn't?

poido123
01-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Please shut the **** up and leave this site.

Even though OP is a little off, your reaction is over the top. Butthurt much? :lol:

poido123
01-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Chris Paul shot 11 for 25. If this had been Kobe shooting 11 for 25 there would be at least 5 threads on the front page about how he's chucking and is such a poor shooter. Kobe did a great job on Paul defensively everything considered, but Paul played his ass off and actually got support from his teammates.

Dude. Difference is, Paul plays within an offense and averages 10 assists a game. Are you that stupid?

Nice try, Paul is also a career 47% from the FG, is more efficient and doesn't have the reputation of shooting his team out of games and ruining team chemistry...:facepalm

poido123
01-05-2013, 07:12 AM
http://i.imm.io/RKgb.png
http://i.imm.io/RKgm.png

Dat face

Dat loss. Still burning? :lol:

rzp
01-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Same here.

Sarcasm? :biggums:

SwayDizzle
01-05-2013, 08:42 AM
OMFGGGGGG I missed this match last night ffs. I just saw this on the replay, made me lose consciousness. DAT's straight up dirty Kobes, you doin em dirty in your 17th season. Paul got SCHOOLED.
DA LAWD :applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

poido123
01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
OMFGGGGGG I missed this match last night ffs. I just saw this on the replay, made me lose consciousness. DAT's straight up dirty Kobes, you doin em dirty in your 17th season. Paul got SCHOOLED.
DA LAWD :applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kobe fan, not a Laker fan.

SwayDizzle
01-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Kobe fan, not a Laker fan.
Why because I'm focusing on a pwner play and not on the loss?
I think it sucks ass we lost, but I choose to focus on the positive ;)

Remix
01-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Dude. Difference is, Paul plays within an offense and averages 10 assists a game. Are you that stupid?

Nice try, Paul is also a career 47% from the FG, is more efficient and doesn't have the reputation of shooting his team out of games and ruining team chemistry...:facepalm
Paul played great last year vs. the Spurs.

Rysio
01-05-2013, 09:04 AM
kobe last night was just beautiful to watch. so many moves so many tough shots that no one else can make. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: too bad his scrub teammates other than nash didnt show up.

TheFastOne
01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Kobe was unbelievable tonight... can't imagine the score without him
Lakers without Kobe = lottery team.

DJ Leon Smith
01-05-2013, 09:36 AM

As opposed to the playoff team they are now?

What team does the 11th seed face in the first round.

eddiem4s
01-05-2013, 09:46 AM
I think Kobe is very overrated but he played a beautiful game last night. Its how I wish he would play every night and not just chucking. Unfortunately we know this usually emboldens Kobe into thinking he is the greatest and once again becomes the chucking machine we all know.

Doctor Rivers
01-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I think Kobe is very overrated but he played a beautiful game last night. Its how I wish he would play every night and not just chucking. Unfortunately we know this usually emboldens Kobe into thinking he is the greatest and once again becomes the chucking machine we all know.

lol

Kiddlovesnets
01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Well people will keep overrating him till he retires.

I<3NBA
01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
:lol

they're lottery team now WITH Kobe. dafuq you smoking?

knicksman
01-05-2013, 11:29 AM
kobe is a dumbass. hes just lucky to play with a great basketball mind in pjax.

Calabis
01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
1/6 MWP
1/6 GAsol
2/12 Meeks

ni99a did u even watch the game?

This mf'er getting only six shots is whats wrong

Segatti
01-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I feel bad for Kobe. He is the only one who can create his own shot in the Lakers. And even then he's being very efficiently. If you're a fan of basketball you're not criticizing Kobe this season.

TheBigVeto
01-06-2013, 07:16 PM

Paul > Kobe anyday

This.
Paul completely pwned Kobe.

The Iron Fist
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM

What sg averages 10 apg?

Nice try, Kobe is also a 5 time champion, 2 x fMVP, MVP, etc and he doesn't have the reputation of never getting to the finals.

The Iron Fist
01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Chucking, not efficiency got him 5 titles.

Efficiency got paul, 0

DonDadda59
01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I feel bad for Kobe. He is the only one who can create his own shot in the Lakers. And even then he's being very efficiently. If you're a fan of basketball you're not criticizing Kobe this season.

False. The way some of these fans describe it, Kobe is out there playing with the same kind of 'talent' Lebron had to suffer through in Cleveland. Dwight, Pau, Nash, and even World Peace are all guys who at one point or another were the focal points of their teams' offense. They can all create their own shot and in Pau and Nash's case, they can create for others. The key is getting them said ball.

upside24
01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Kobe doesn't care about winning? You don't think Kobe is pissed that the Lakers are underachieving?

I've seen some dumb stuff on this site but goddamn.

brandonislegend
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
False. The way some of these fans describe it, Kobe is out there playing with the same kind of 'talent' Lebron had to suffer through in Cleveland. Dwight, Pau, Nash, and even World Peace are all guys who at one point or another were the focal points of their teams' offense. They can all create their own shot and in Pau and Nash's case, they can create for others. The key is getting them said ball.

Um no. The key is utilizing your talent but dantoni is a ****ing tool bag and has gasol standing on the three point line all ****ing game, pisses me off.

upside24
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Um no. The key is utilizing your talent but dantoni is a ****ing tool bag and has gasol standing on the three point line all ****ing game, pisses me off.
Someone on NBA TV said about D'Antoni that he doesn't need to apply his system to his players, but to make a system that allows his players to do what they do best.

Pau should be in the post or high PNR with Nash for a 15 foot jumper. Not spotted up at the three point line like Anderson.

You would think that such a great offensive coach would realize this.

knicksman
01-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Kobe doesn't care about winning? You don't think Kobe is pissed that the Lakers are underachieving?

I've seen some dumb stuff on this site but goddamn.

kobe cares about winning but he doesnt know how to do it. Its pjax who made him a winner.

upside24
01-07-2013, 12:42 AM
kobe cares about winning but he doesnt know how to do it. Its pjax who made him a winner.
:sleeping

Ne 1
01-07-2013, 01:16 AM
The way some of these fans describe it, Kobe is out there playing with the same kind of 'talent' Lebron had to suffer through in Cleveland.

Suffer? :oldlol:

LeBron has a team custom built for him in Cleveland. The 2010 Cavs team were actually great for playing to his strengths and playing style.

They were probably missing maybe one more player from being a real title lock. Even with that being said, he has a ton of talent around him now, maybe it's not a perfect fit as far as skill sets like in Cleveland, but how many players have had a player of Wade's caliber AND a player of Bosh's caliber at the same time?

Pointguard
01-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Suffer? :oldlol:

LeBron has a team custom built for him in Cleveland. The 2010 Cavs team were actually great for playing to his strengths and playing style.

They were probably missing maybe one more player from being a real title lock. Even with that being said, he has a ton of talent around him now, maybe it's not a perfect fit as far as skill sets like in Cleveland, but how many players have had a player of Wade's caliber AND a player of Bosh's caliber at the same time?

Nawww, he never had a consistent shooter, rebounder, finisher, penetrator - or rim blocker - not one year. Lebron always lead the team in assist, points and steals and always his last six years either lead the team in rebounds (twice) or was very close to being the best rebounder, and the last three years he was very close in leading in blocks as well. I'm sure he didn't have an all defensive team player with him either? His best rebounder averaged 8.5 rebounds his last six years there. That's not conducive to winning and that's not the way to construct a team around around any player. Asking for 10 rebounds, 5 assist, 2 block shots, an all defensive teammate, a very good athlete or a consistent shooter isn't asking for much and he never got that. The game is built around quality players and a quality player will get you that. DH alone has proven he can get you 15 rebounds per game and 4 blocks while averaging more ppg than any teammate Lebron has ever had in Cleveland.

In the title run Bosh and Wade were neither healthy or reliable.