PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol: The Ultimate Scape-goat

Batz
01-05-2013, 03:33 AM
I'm sorry, but this rant is long overdue.

Watching the end of the 2010 finals, Rondo missing the three, watching Gasol getting the last rebound of the season as he kicks it to Odom, who then throws it ahead as the buzzers sounds with confetti starting to drop - wow was I livid. Watching Pau Gasol burst into tears as he hugs every guy in sight, and I'm shouting at the tv screen "That ****er has passion right there! Bless his soul! Bless his mother****in' soul!" Or something along those lines. I've never been more proud. But wow, have things taken the turn for the worst.

What an abhorrent excuse for a 2x championship this repugnant shit-hole has become.

2011 playoffs, we get our asses dismantled by the eventual champions, and I'm calm, I'm cool, I'm collected. All the fingers were pointed in Pau Gasol's corner. I said no, this guy has had a tough season, he nearly got traded - give him another shot! 2012 playoffs, our behinds were once again ultimately devoured by the eventual conference champions with everyone once again dismally gazing at Gasol wondering, "What is wrong you?" And I return with, "Guys, one more shot! Or atleast get a big-name in return, ya' know. Pau Gasol is still a capable player I tell ya!"

Now here we are, nearly three years later after that amazing championship run by none other than Pau Gasol. Unconditionally dominating the Western Conference in 2010 - to what now has become the ultimate crud scapegoat.

From what has been the reason for 3 finals appearances, and 2 exalting championship runs, has now turned to be biggest scum of them all. Averaging 13/9/4 on 42%, contributing shit-bricks to a 15-17 record as he chucks his way to complete and disappointing insignificance. Pau Gasol, not only after tonights game, has proven his worth. Playing alongside arguably the greatest play-making point guard in History, has proven his immateriality.

The unfortunate part? We're stuck with him. Earning 38 million dollars over the course of the next two seasons, Pau Gasol is at the bottom of NBA trade-track hierarchy. From rumors and offers of likes of Kevin Love, David Lee, Josh Smith to... Maybe some serviceable role players?

Do it. Pull that trigger, and never look back. Thank you for 3 Finals appearances and 2 preeminent banners, Pau Gasol - but you have done nothing there-after. You have to be out of the purple and gold funk to maintain the scant of sanity the Lakers world has left. We have no use for you, and you are simply becoming cancerous at this point. I'm tired of these silly 10/5/5 performances as the opposing bigs are dominating us at both ends - in every category. It's so disheartening to watch, please, just go away. I'm tired of it. Honestly, when Ron Artest fouled out tonight, and Jordan hill was unavailable, I was looking to Robert f*cking Sacre to come in.

The bottom-line? Tldr? Pau Gasols sucks - a lot - and I pray he's traded for anything.

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 03:50 AM

Watching the end of the 2010 finals, Rondo missing the three, watching Gasol getting the last rebound of the season as he kicks it to Odom, who then throws it ahead as the buzzers sounds with confetti starting to drop - wow was I livid. Watching Pau Gasol burst into tears as he hugs every guy in sight, and I'm shouting at the tv screen "That ****er has passion right there! Bless his soul! Bless his mother****in' soul!" Or something along those lines. I've never been more proud. But wow, have things taken the turn for the worst.

What an abhorrent excuse for a 2x championship this repugnant shit-hole has become.

2011 playoffs, we get our asses dismantled by the eventual champions, and I'm calm, I'm cool, I'm collected. All the fingers were pointed in Pau Gasol's corner. I said no, this guy has had a tough season, he nearly got traded - give him another shot! 2012 playoffs, our behinds were once again ultimately devoured by the eventual conference champions with everyone once again dismally gazing at Gasol wondering, "What is wrong you?" And I return with, "Guys, one more shot! Or atleast get a big-name in return, ya' know. Pau Gasol is still a capable player I tell ya!"

Now here we are, nearly three years later after that amazing championship run by none other than Pau Gasol. Unconditionally dominating the Western Conference in 2010 - to what now has become the ultimate crud scapegoat.

From what has been the reason for 3 finals appearances, and 2 exalting championship runs, has now turned to be biggest scum of them all. Averaging 13/9/4 on 42%, contributing shit-bricks to a 15-17 record as he chucks his way to complete and disappointing insignificance. Pau Gasol, not only after tonights game, has proven his worth. Playing alongside arguably the greatest play-making point guard in History, has proven his immateriality.

The unfortunate part? We're stuck with him. Earning 38 million dollars over the course of the next two seasons, Pau Gasol is at the bottom of NBA trade-track hierarchy. From rumors and offers of likes of Kevin Love, David Lee, Josh Smith to... Maybe some serviceable role players?

Do it. Pull that trigger, and never look back. Thank you for 3 Finals appearances and 2 preeminent banners, Pau Gasol - but you have done nothing there-after. You have to be out of the purple and gold funk to maintain the scant of sanity the Lakers world has left. We have no use for you, and you are simply becoming cancerous at this point. I'm tired of these silly 10/5/5 performances as the opposing bigs are dominating us at both ends - in every category. It's so disheartening to watch, please, just go away. I'm tired of it. Honestly, when Ron Artest fouled out tonight, and Jordan hill was unavailable, I was looking to Robert f*cking Sacre to come in.

The bottom-line? Tldr? Pau Gasols sucks - a lot - and I pray he's traded for anything.

Kevin Love would be a huge upgrade and Kahn should be hung by his balls if he were willing to entertain that idea. With no Kwame to offer I just don't see how LA pulls off a deal.. but your sentiments are giving me pause. I have been making the argument D12 is the problem, but -----

pause

Batz
01-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Kevin Love would be a huge upgrade and Kahn should be hung by his balls if he were willing to entertain that idea. With no Kwame to offer I just don't see how LA pulls off a deal.. but your sentiments are giving me pause. I have been making the argument D12 is the problem, but -----

pause
He is a concern without a doubt. His offensively abilities are so lacking, but I can't emphasize enough that it's not entirely his fault. With his back injury, and the fact that this entire team has no clue what's going, he doesn't deserve much of the blame. But he has been slacking.

Pau Gasol is the underlying fault. Not that ultimate blame, don't get me wrong, not everyone is playing to up to par. But one thing consistent about Gasol that 2-3 seasons is his inconsistent basketball play. He has been this bad for a solid three years now, and I feel like an absolute fool for sticking by his side throughout. Two years ago, heck even last season to the recent off-season, the trade offers were coming in. Big names too, and I said no, lets see how things work with Nash and Howard - it can't possibly go wrong!

Everything has gone wrong. Now, trade him for anything and everything. In-fact, we could use some depth, it's one thing we haven't really fixed that three seasons, so approach that. I really hope the front office is thinking the same way. I really do. The sad part? They probably are. Unfortunate how things have turned out, but it needs to be done, and done right now.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2013, 04:02 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with OP.

You can play like a scrub or you can play without soul, but not BOTH of them. And not 3 years in a row.

Get that afeminated b1tch out of my team.

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:06 AM
You can play like a scrub or you can play without soul, but not BOTH of them. And not 3 years in a row.

Great point. I'm sitting here absolutely discouraged, but what is going on in that head of his? He is so disappointing, and he doesn't seem like he genuinely cares.

:facepalm

Pushxx
01-05-2013, 04:06 AM
I'm pretty sure he's sucking ass intentionally to lower his value so some team can get him the **** out.

Even before he choked in the playoffs he was pretty hated. That CP3 trade veto ****ed him in LA.

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 04:08 AM
you make some good points. One thing is clear, this team needs a trade. After some knee jerk moves to start the season (firing brown before nash returned, for example) it would be absolutely ridiculous if they don't pull the trigger on some sort of trade now.

I don't think there is a coach in the universe that can magically invent a game plan that plays to everyone's strengths on this roster. One obvious example is, Nash has led some of the best offenses in the history of the league, and it's not been by feeding the post and letting the bigs go to work. Any offense that is designed to feature post ups will not feature Steve Nash. It's just a decision that has to be made. Nash is probably more capable of playing outside of his comfort zone without whining about it, so I think tonight you saw the D12 experiment. They made a point of featuring him on offense, and it was a disaster, in my opinion.

Phil Jackson might have been different in that he would be more willing to just say f you to one of these big egos, whichever he determined wasn't the right fit, and that player would be traded. D'antoni is "experimenting" but this equation simply doesn't add up. Somebody's feelings are going to get hurt. My main argument is, it should be Dwight because theyre losing him after this season no matter what.

Right now you've got a talented roster full of players whining that theyre not being used the way they'd like. You can make adjustments but it quickly becomes a game of whack a mole, and D'antoni and FO just keep on playing. There is an underlying lack of professionalism there. I think Kobe is a culprit too -- as well as he's been playing, I'm absolutely sure there is no way for him to age gracefully. Once he stops being so damn good, he's going to be a liability, and it's going to happen quick. Anyway, somebody has got to go.

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:15 AM
you make some good points. One thing is clear, this team needs a trade. After some knee jerk moves to start the season (firing brown before nash returned, for example) it would be absolutely ridiculous if they don't pull the trigger on some sort of trade now.

I don't think there is a coach in the universe that can magically invent a game plan that plays to everyone's strengths on this roster. One obvious example is, Nash has led some of the best offenses in the history of the league, and it's not been by feeding the post and letting the bigs go to work. Any offense that is designed to feature post ups will not feature Steve Nash. It's just a decision that has to be made. Nash is probably more capable of playing outside of his comfort zone without whining about it, so I think tonight you saw the D12 experiment. They made a point of featuring him on offense, and it was a disaster, in my opinion.

Phil Jackson might have been different in that he would be more willing to just say f you to one of these big egos, whichever he determined wasn't the right fit, and that player would be traded. D'antoni is "experimenting" but this equation simply doesn't add up. Somebody's feelings are going to get hurt. My main argument is, it should be Dwight because theyre losing him after this season no matter what.

Right now you've got a talented roster full of players whining that theyre not being used the way they'd like. You can make adjustments but it quickly becomes a game of whack a mole, and D'antoni and FO just keep on playing. There is an underlying lack of professionalism there. I think Kobe is a culprit too -- as well as he's been playing, I'm absolutely sure there is no way for him to age gracefully. Once he stops being so damn good, he's going to be a liability, and it's going to happen quick. Anyway, somebody has got to go.
It's got to be Pau Gasol.

Nash, and his offensive play is not the key to this team's absolute success, but the post play is not there as much as people like to believe. Dwight Howard is not that much of a threat in the post. He is fundamentally a liability with his inability to create in the post (try saying that a hundred times). Pau Gasol on the other wing, refuses to be utilized as a post threat. It's a recipe for disaster.

I don't know how to approach this team on the offensive end when it comes down to it, but the paramount understanding is that Pau Gasol is not the answer, and trading him is possibly the answer, and probably the only one.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2013, 04:15 AM
Great point. I'm sitting here absolutely discouraged, but what is going on in that head of his? He is so disappointing, and he doesn't seem like he genuinely cares.

:facepalm

I don't know the real reasons, they maybe even be personal life-related, but he doesn't care for basketball anymore, he looks absolutely HOLLOW out there.

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:19 AM
I don't know the real reasons, they maybe even be personal life-related, but he doesn't care for basketball anymore, he looks absolutely HOLLOW out there.
Pau Gasoft.

Yes, that's the first time I've ever called him that.

Take that in, ISH.

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 04:22 AM
I can be made to agree that Pau should go, but I still think LA offers nothing to keep D12 on the team thru next season, and you bring up good points about his lack of post game. Problem is, Dwight still hasn't got the memo that his post game is garbage. He wants to play for a team delusional enough to feature his post game. Championships, and the pressure that comes with the chase, just not his thing.

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:25 AM
I can be made to agree that Pau should go, but I still think LA offers nothing to keep D12 on the team thru next season, and you bring up good points about his lack of post game. Problem is, Dwight still hasn't got the memo that his post game is garbage. He wants to play for a team delusional enough to feature his post game. Championships, and the pressure that comes with the chase, just not his thing.
Let it be known to the basketball world that Dwight Howard's offensive game is absolutely vomit-worthy.

Spread that around, ISH.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2013, 04:26 AM
Let it be known to the basketball world that Dwight Howard's offensive game is absolutely vomit-worthy.

Spread that around, ISH.

I've been doing my homework: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286034

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 04:35 AM
I've been doing my homework: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286034

that thread is so awesome I'm about to bump it

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:37 AM
:oldlol: :applause:

konex
01-05-2013, 04:40 AM
He should have been traded last season. Not sure what you can get for him now besides another bad contract...

red1
01-05-2013, 04:41 AM
looks like a goat alright

red1
01-05-2013, 04:42 AM
Bargnani for pau. Bargnani is a poor man's ryan anderson, the ideal stretch 4 for dantonis system. Landry fields is included in the trade to make salaries work.

Mrofir
01-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Bargnani for pau. Bargnani is a poor man's ryan anderson, the ideal stretch 4 for dantonis system. Landry fields is included in the trade to make salaries work.

would do this in a heartbeat

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:47 AM
I'm a Raptors fan, but nice try. Shame on you.

KeyNote
01-05-2013, 05:42 AM
If they can't trade him by the trade deadline then he's definitely getting amnestied

red1
01-05-2013, 05:46 AM
I'm a Raptors fan, but nice try. Shame on you.
is that a yes?

Batz
01-05-2013, 04:02 PM
is that a yes?
No silly child.

chazzy
01-05-2013, 04:39 PM
It's pretty sad to see. He's got a ton of talent but his lower body is just shot

Godzuki
01-05-2013, 04:45 PM

pause

actually love and cousin's are the 2 most trade for borderline superstars. at least they're both likely more available than the other top players in the league. Sac i'm sure will ask for the farm but Minny seems really down and disrespectful towards Love where i could see the Lakers pulling a Pau for Love and whatever else trade off if they wanted. it would be perfect timing considering Love playing injured right now with the media and organization down on him and the owner disrespecting his value. also Pekovic's emeergence makes him more expendable.

knickswin
01-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I think pau would kill it on the knicks, too bad there's no way for that to happen

DKLaker
01-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Hey, take it easy on Pau, he's trying to recover from an injury to his V@gina :oldlol:

AirTupac
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Just sad to watch him these days. Pathetic.

The Iron Fist
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Kobe stole his.fmvps

knickballer
01-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Maybe if "your" team didn't use him as a 3pt specialist but instead used him in the post where he belongs we won't be having this issue. He's one of the most skilled low post players but yet he's on the 3pt line or on the perimeter because he's doing what is asked on him. The only fault on Pau's part is not demanding to be used differently in which 80% of the league would do, Pau is just too loyal of a guy to ever complain.

To the OP you are correct and Pau deserves better then shitheads like you.. Trade him to a team where he can be a low post scorer and all the Lakers fans will suddenly be the biggest Pau supporters and will create trade ideas which involve Darius Morris straight up for Pau. J

ust don't forget not too long ago he was dominating in the olypmics and he was being used like he should be.

ProfessorMurder
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Can't wait for Pau to write a tell-all book about how Kobe was behind the scenes.

knicksman
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
pau lost his passion once kobe didnt let him be the 1st option same with phil jackson. So I blame kobe for this. REmember during the start of 10-11 season, he was the mvp at the start of that season, then suddenly kobe started chucking coz he doesnt want to get exposed as having another great teammate in pau.

Derka
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Can't wait for Pau to write a tell-all book about how Kobe was behind the scenes.
I was curious about this. Pau doesn't seem like the guy who would air the laundry like that a la Shaq. But there are people who will totally want to hear the dirt on Kobe and someone will throw money at him for it.

gilalizard
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
A scapegoat is someone being unfairly blamed.

red1
01-05-2013, 07:45 PM
A scapegoat is someone being unfairly blamed.
you shouldn't even post you whiny ho

gilalizard
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
you shouldn't even post you whiny ho

Why so :mad:?

What'd I do to you?

red1
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
why so :mad:?
After the 2012 finals the only :mad: one is you. My god that was funny

ProfessorMurder
01-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I was curious about this. Pau doesn't seem like the guy who would air the laundry like that a la Shaq. But there are people who will totally want to hear the dirt on Kobe and someone will throw money at him for it.

To me, Pau seems like a smart dude who isn't the biggest fan of Kobe talking shit all the time. That's got to wear on him over the years. I'm sure he's just keeping track of everything and 10 years from now when he wants money, he could easily make millions by ghost writing a book about his time on the Lakers.

Think about it... Fishy trades, Kobe, Artest and Bynum behind the scenes, Phil Jackson, etc. That's money in the bank and he's smart enough to do that. I just think he's too nice to do it while he's still involved in the league, unlike Shaq and PJax.

gilalizard
01-05-2013, 07:59 PM
After the 2012 finals the only :mad: one is you. My god that was funny

Huh?

red1
01-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Huh?don't play dumb

deal with it

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Heat-Champion.jpg

Rose
01-05-2013, 11:00 PM
:roll:

u:mad:

Kobe 4 The Win
01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
To an extent I understand why the op would feel that way but I don't agree.

Pau might not be what he was at age 28 but he's still one of the best post players in the league. He's skilled, smart, unselfish, he's a great passer and he's 7 feet tall. Our two championships were really won with Pau at center and Lamar at power forward. Pau and Bynum nevery really fit in together even in 2009 and 2010 but as Bynum emerged it only got worse. The team gradually adjusted Pau's role away from being our primary post player.

After Stern f**ked us over and vetoed the CP3 deal we let go of Lamar and got nothing in return. When we hired Mike Brown I was like WTF? Mike took Pau away from the hoop and put him at the elbow or at the top of the key. He wasn't nearly as effective there. Then we fire Brown and hired D'Antoni. I was happy to see Brown go but when they picked D'Antoni over Phil Jackson I was like :mad: . D'Antoni then took Pau from the elbow to the damn three point line. :banghead:

We brought in an injured Dwight Howard who is obviously trash offensively right now. We are obligated to make him the #2 option behind Kobe even though he's not getting it done. The organization is walking on eggshells with Dwight because they are afraid he won't re-sign. Pau is the odd man out through no fault of his own. He isn't being used properly, he's being disrespected, scapegoated and benched, and he's too classy to speak up about it or demand a trade.

The real problem is that D'Antoni isn't a good fit for the personel that is on this team. We have an old team full of guys who post up and he is trying to push the pace and jack up threes. If I was Pau Gasol I'd stand up and say f**k that, trade me. Hopefully we'll be able to get more for him that a scrub to be named later. With this current team we need to play World Peace at the 4 and trade Pau for a young 3 that can shoot and hopefully defend. I'd rather keep Pau and fire D'Antoni but that isn't going to happen.

knickswin
01-06-2013, 12:02 AM
To an extent I understand why the op would feel that way but I don't agree.

Pau might not be what he was at age 28 but he's still one of the best post players in the league. He's skilled, smart, unselfish, he's a great passer and he's 7 feet tall. Our two championships were really won with Pau at center and Lamar at power forward. Pau and Bynum nevery really fit in together even in 2009 and 2010 but as Bynum emerged it only got worse. The team gradually adjusted Pau's role away from being our primary post player.

After Stern f**ked us over and vetoed the CP3 deal we let go of Lamar and got nothing in return. When we hired Mike Brown I was like WTF? Mike took Pau away from the hoop and put him at the elbow or at the top of the key. He wasn't nearly as effective there. Then we fire Brown and hired D'Antoni. I was happy to see Brown go but when they picked D'Antoni over Phil Jackson I was like :mad: . D'Antoni then took Pau from the elbow to the damn three point line. :banghead:

We brought in an injured Dwight Howard who is obviously trash offensively right now. We are obligated to make him the #2 option behind Kobe even though he's not getting it done. The organization is walking on eggshells with Dwight because they are afraid he won't re-sign. Pau is the odd man out through no fault of his own. He isn't being used properly, he's being disrespected, scapegoated and benched, and he's too classy to speak up about it or demand a trade.

The real problem is that D'Antoni isn't a good fit for the personel that is on this team. We have an old team full of guys who post up and he is trying to push the pace and jack up threes. If I was Pau Gasol I'd stand up and say f**k that, trade me. Hopefully we'll be able to get more for him that a scrub to be named later. With this current team we need to play World Peace at the 4 and trade Pau for a young 3 that can shoot and hopefully defend. I'd rather keep Pau and fire D'Antoni but that isn't going to happen.

agreed. pau needs a change of scenery and then people will remember how good he is. lakers are catering to a lot of egos right now, and pau is the one guy who won't make a stink. he is a better offensive player than dwight. you can legitimately run your offense through pau in the post: he's skilled enough, heady enough, and knows how to pass.

FireDavidKahn
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Breaking news: players decline as they get older.

Mrofir
01-06-2013, 12:07 AM
agreed. pau needs a change of scenery and then people will remember how good he is. lakers are catering to a lot of egos right now, and pau is the one guy who won't make a stink. he is a better offensive player than dwight. you can legitimately run your offense through pau in the post: he's skilled enough, heady enough, and knows how to pass.

agreed and that's why I keep saying get rid of Dwight. If you rent something and it doesnt work, return it

Yao Ming's Foot
01-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Pau has been crying all season about wanting to be in the post. Its old already. He wasn't going to be in the post with Bynum here either. Its irrelevant to the Lakers to his great post skills because the position is already taken by a superior player. No coach in the league is going to favor Pau over Dwight Howard. The reality is hes one of the worst starting 4s in the league and its killing the team. He's a liability defensively and he is inefficient. What is he bringing to the table at this point? Makes a few highlight passes here and there? Didn't we get rid of Luke Walton already?

Yao Ming's Foot
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM

"How Kobe Byrant turned me into a relevant basketball player" written by Pau Gasol... foreword by Smush Parker.

red1
01-06-2013, 12:21 AM
"How Kobe Byrant turned me into a relevant basketball player" written by Pau Gasol... foreword by Smush Parker.
nah smush parker's book would be titled "how kobe hurt my feelings"

Heavincent
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM

This is funny because Kobe has had his back this entire time despite everyone else throwing Pau under the bus. Kobe almost sounds delusional when talking about Pau these days. Like a kid who can't accept the reality that his old dog is dying.

Pau had 2 points last night yet Kobe was standing there defending him after the game.

Pra
01-06-2013, 12:26 AM
nah smush parker's book would be titled "how kobe hurt my feelings"

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8asU1kuFM

Pushxx
01-06-2013, 12:26 AM
This is funny because Kobe has had his back this entire time despite everyone else throwing Pau under the bus. Kobe almost sounds delusional when talking about Pau these days. Like a kid who can't accept the reality that his old dog is dying.

Pau had 2 points last night yet Kobe was standing there defending him after the game.

I don't even follow the Lakers, and I remember Kobe calling Pau the best in the world many times while playing together.

Including even after he started choking two playoffs in a row.

Doctor Rivers
01-06-2013, 12:31 AM
hey a quality thread, please delete.

why so mad?

Mrofir
01-06-2013, 12:33 AM
why so mad?

Because Mitt Romney lost

Doctor Rivers
01-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Because Mitt Romney lost

lol what?

AirTupac
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM

Prof is a Celtic fan / Kobe hater :oldlol:

Kobe 4 The Win
01-06-2013, 12:39 AM
DICTIONARY

scapegoat
scape

Mrofir
01-06-2013, 12:40 AM
lol what?

shrugs I dont know, I'm not really very mad at the moment so I had to figure out some way of answering your question. Im just sitting at my computer

Kobe 4 The Win
01-06-2013, 12:57 AM
From ESPN's Lakers page

POINTS PER GAME

102.8 5th OVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME

45.8 4th OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME

21.2 19th OVERALL

POINTS ALLOWED

100.5 25th OVERALL

tomtucker
01-06-2013, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE=Kobe 4 The Win]DICTIONARY

scapegoat
scape

Batz
01-06-2013, 04:28 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]yeah, i don

kshutts1
01-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Coming in really late, so I apologize if this has been mentioned already (don't have the time to read the whole thread)...

Best way to win NOW: Trade Howard. He has, by far, the highest value of any player on the roster that can be traded, and the Lakers could get a serious haul for him. However, since he's (hopefully) a legit franchise player... this is not a good long-term plan.

Best way to win for the next 3 years (as a whole): Trade Gasol. Still should have legit value, and the Lakers could walk away with one star and 2-3 solid rotation players, and potentially a second round pick. My favorite trade scenario involving Pau is sending him (and any pick the Lakers have left) to Minn for Pek, Williams, Budinger, Barea. I realize that is a lot of GOOD players for Minn to give up, but I still believe that Pau can be GREAT. And Minn has a legit coach with a system that is well suited to Gasol's skill set.

The Iron Fist
01-06-2013, 05:03 AM
What will he talk about? How he had zero playoff wins til Kobe made him a champion?