PDA

View Full Version : Is Roseanne the greatest sitcom of all time?

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Roseanne = MJ of sitcoms ? :confusedshrug:

I certainty think so.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:25 AM

I certainty think so.

No, but it was a very good show for the first six seasons. Really, it should have been called the John Goodman show because he carried that ****ing thing. Laurie Metcalf was excellent as well.

TylerOO
01-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Its ****ing amazing. I watch it every night from 3am-5am. And yea the later seasons got a little ridiculous.

Legend of Josh
01-05-2013, 05:26 AM
No. Ever heard of something called Step By Step?

TylerOO
01-05-2013, 05:27 AM

Full House was better than Step by Step.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:28 AM

That piece of shit Family Matters was better than Step By Step.

Legend of Josh
01-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Nothing dethrones Step By Step, so step the **** off!

AngelEyes
Seinfeld n1ggaaaaa

Seinfeld and Arrested Development are the greatest sitcoms. The greatest animated series is the first nine seasons of the Simpsons. Dan Conner is however one of the greatest characters ever.

Budadiiii
Seinfeld n1ggaaaaa
weak era

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:32 AM
weak era

Same era

Kews1
01-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Friends

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/47/618x530/ustv_friends_cast_shot.jpg

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Friends

Get that weak shit out of here.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Same era
:facepalm

another reason that show sucks. thought it was shot in the 70's with that shitty dialogue and terrible picture quality

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Friends

Prettiest sitcom, sure. Best? Hell no.

andgar923
01-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Friends

I see we have a female poster.

Btw

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:43 AM
For real though, seinfeld is so much better than everything else that's ever happened, it's crazy

AD is on the same level.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Don't sleep on I Love Lucy folks.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Don't sleep on I Love Lucy folks.

Cheers is better than Lucy.

andgar923
01-05-2013, 05:48 AM
AD is on the same level.

AD is better.

Every single character and moment on AD was gold.

andgar923
01-05-2013, 05:50 AM
I love AD but nah
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8800000/Steve-Holt-arrested-development-8829998-200-200.jpg

bdreason
01-05-2013, 05:51 AM
That show was a game changer in the industry.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I might put AD ahead of Seinfeld but Seinfeld had much better longevity, same thing with The Wire over Deadwood.

andgar923
01-05-2013, 05:52 AM
"Martin" L.Kizzle

Jakeh008
01-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Fresh Prince

andgar923
01-05-2013, 05:55 AM
I might put AD ahead of Seinfeld but Seinfeld had much better longevity, same thing with The Wire over Deadwood.

there wasn't a single weak AD episode. The multiple weaving subplots and frenetic scenes is unparalleled. It takes multiple viewings of each episode to catch something that was missed the first 2 times, and one discovers something new with each viewing.

Kews1
01-05-2013, 06:00 AM
come on guys, you all know friends is the best :no:

Myth
01-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Roseanne was great, but not greatest of all time. It is more like the Dr. J of sitcoms.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 06:06 AM
You fools are blinded by nostalgia. Hell if I'm gonna be nostalgic then I guess Boy Meets World is the greatest ever?

Fact of the matter is, Roseanne is pure quality in all aspects of filmography and has a stellar plot. Think of MJ. Thats what Roseanne is to sitcoms.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Roseanne was great, but not greatest of all time. It is more like the Dr. J of sitcoms.
Absolutely not.

Roseanne = MJ, Dominated strong era

Seinfeld = Larry Bird, ugly and boring but undeniably good

Arrested Development = LeBron, consistent and very powerful

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Scrubs would also have to be high on the list of sitcoms.

Myth
01-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Absolutely not.

Roseanne = MJ, Dominated strong era

Seinfeld = Larry Bird, ugly and boring but undeniably good

Arrested Development = LeBron, consistent and very powerful

Maybe Roseanne was more like Patrick Ewing. The show was larger than life, but ultimately started to go places towards the end that just made it an embarrassment.

Arrested Development is Grant Hill. Great from the beginning, but cut short, ultimately to have a small comeback after a few years.

Seinfeld is the GOAT though. And it all accumulated at about the same time as Jordan ended his Bulls career. Their cameo on Curb Your Enthusiasm was MJ on the Wizards. Was very entertaining and reminded us of what once was, but still not quite the same.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Maybe Roseanne was more like Patrick Ewing. The show was larger than life, but ultimately started to go places towards the end that just made it an embarrassment.

Arrested Development is Grant Hill. Great from the beginning, but cut short, ultimately to have a small comeback after a few years.

Seinfeld is the GOAT though.

Seinfeld changed what a sitcom could be. There was nothing like Seinfeld before it.

Myth
01-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Seinfeld changed what a sitcom could be. There was nothing like Seinfeld before it.

There still is nothing like Seinfeld. I feel like the closest is It's Always Sunny. Not necessarily in quality, but somewhat in style. It is a mix of guys (and 1 girl) without any real storyline (shows about nothing) and they are all essentially selfish, shallow jerks. Always Sunny just makes them bigger, more obvious jerks.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 06:23 AM
There still is nothing like Seinfeld. I feel like the closest is It's Always Sunny. Not necessarily in quality, but somewhat in style. It is a mix of guys (and 1 girl) without any real storyline (shows about nothing) and they are all essentially selfish, shallow jerks. Always Sunny just makes them bigger, more obvious jerks.

I feel like it was more similar to Seinfeld in the first few seasons. As Sunny got more ridiculous it strayed a bit from the Seinfeld idea.

Myth
01-05-2013, 06:28 AM
I feel like it was more similar to Seinfeld in the first few seasons. As Sunny got more ridiculous it strayed a bit from the Seinfeld idea.

True.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 06:28 AM
The Chinese Restaurant episode of Seinfeld is utter genius and it takes place in the same room for the entire episode.

iamgine
01-05-2013, 06:38 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9800000/Three-s-Company-threes-company-9849909-1280-800.jpg

Burgz V2
01-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Seinfeld, Fresh Prince (first 3 seasons), Cosby Show

miller-time
01-05-2013, 06:57 AM

Seinfeld is the GOAT though. And it all accumulated at about the same time as Jordan ended his Bulls career. Their cameo on Curb Your Enthusiasm was MJ on the Wizards. Was very entertaining and reminded us of what once was, but still not quite the same.

All these analogies are Gold Jerry, Gold!

blablabla
01-05-2013, 07:00 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EVM0DNi_I04/R-ly4J0G4tI/AAAAAAAAAEA/cwDG9pYHafk/s400/stacked_l.jpg

easily

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 07:01 AM

Arrested Development = Deadwood

Two brilliant series which never got to see their full potential, AD a comedy, Deadwood a drama.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 07:01 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EVM0DNi_I04/R-ly4J0G4tI/AAAAAAAAAEA/cwDG9pYHafk/s400/stacked_l.jpg

easily

V.I.P.?

blablabla
01-05-2013, 07:04 AM
V.I.P.?
stacked

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Roseanne, seriously? I watched it, but give me Married With Children over it any day.

Just from it's era, it's possibly top ten, but not the best. I'd take Cheers over Roseanne too.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Roseanne, seriously? I watched it, but give me Married With Children over it any day.

Just from it's era, it's possibly top ten, but not the best. I'd take Cheers over Roseanne too.

No, John Goodman alone trumps Married with Children, which was a good show, at least in the beginning, and then turned into shit.

MMM
01-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Not saying it was the best but I did enjoy Frazier when ever I did catch an episode

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Not saying it was the best but I did enjoy Frazier when ever I did catch an episode

Frasier was a great show, really funny, it did get kind of shitty towards the end though. I'd place with Cheers right behind shows like AD and Seinfeld.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 08:15 AM
http://www.cheersboston.com/images/logocheers.gif

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 08:21 AM
No, John Goodman alone trumps Married with Children, which was a good show, at least in the beginning, and then turned into shit.
No he doesn't.

Top 10 sitcoms between 1985 and 1995.

Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Martin
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
A Different World
Family Matters
Who's the Boss

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 08:27 AM
No he doesn't.

Top 10 sitcoms between 1985 and 1995.

Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Martin
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
A Different World
Family Matters
Who's the Boss

Your list just rendered your opinion invalid. Family matters? Really?! That was the biggest piece of shit ever. One of the corniest shows with the worst writing I've ever seen. Who's the Boss? 80's shit. Martin? Ok, fun little show, offered little. Goodman and Roseanne destroy most of those crappy shows. Fresh prince was a terrific show in its first couple years and then got retarded with horrible plots.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Your list just rendered your opinion invalid. Family matters? Really?! That was the biggest piece of shit ever. One of the corniest shows with the worst writing I've ever seen. Who's the Boss? 80's shit. Martin? Ok, fun little show, offered little. Goodman and Roseanne destroy most of those crappy shows. Fresh prince was a terrific show in its first couple years and then got retarded with horrible plots.
Family Matters was great until it's last few seasons when it stopped being about the family and all about Urkel's adventures. With Who's The Boss I was drawing a blank. It was between Punky Brewster or the Boss, lol.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
Who's the Boss

<insert canyon sized gap here>

<and now some shows which shouldnt be mentioned in the same post as the ones above>
A Different World
Family Matters

Martin

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Family Matters was great until it's last few seasons when it stopped being about the family and all about Urkel's adventures. With Who's The Boss I was drawing a blank. It was between Punky Brewster or the Boss, lol.

It was hilariously retarded. Dude, c'mon, you cannot seriously compare this puerile tripe to something like Roseanne, or Seinfeld, or Cheers, or Frasier. All of those shows are fantastic, well written shows. Family Matters could have been written by a mental patient for all I know.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Seinfield
Married With Children
Cheers
Roseanne
Who's the Boss
<and now some shows which shouldnt be mentioned in the same post as the ones above>
A Different World
Family Matters
Martin
Martin must be last because he dressed up as two woman on his show, Shenana and mama Payne.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Family Matters was black full house, Martin was just another cookie cutter sitcom, Who's the Boss was a mediocre 80's sitcom, can't compare this stuff to the true greats.

Seinfeld
AD
Cheers Roseanne Frasier
Scrubs

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Martin must be last because he dressed up as two woman on his show, Shenana and mama Payne.
No, because it was not funny, incredibly overacted, incredibly bad acting, writing, scripting and one of those shows where you could tell what the rest of the episode would be like after 2 seconds. That's why. You tell us why Martin deserves to be ranked with those other shows, please? Why would anybody rank it over The Larry Sanders Show? Heck, there's probably enough reasons to list Step by Step higher than that. Full House deserves to be listed over Martin as well. Didn't like it myself though. The Nanny has a good case here. Frasier actually IS 10x the show that Martin was. Screenplay, acting, plot, overall much better.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 08:52 AM
No, because it was not funny, incredibly overacted, incredibly bad acting, writing, scripting and one of those shows where you could tell what the rest of the episode would be like after 2 seconds. That's why. You tell us why Martin deserves to be ranked with those other shows, please? Why would anybody rank it over The Larry Sanders Show? Heck, there's probably enough reasons to list Step by Step higher than that. Full House deserves to be listed over Martin as well. Didn't like it myself though. The Nanny has a good case here. Frasier actually IS 10x the show that Martin was. Screenplay, acting, plot, overall much better.

People need to stop listing horrible 80's shows like who's the Boss and Step by step and 90's cookie cutter shit like martin. There was a 100 shows like Martin, this one just happened to have Martin Lawrence.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 08:57 AM
People need to stop listing horrible 80's shows like who's the Boss and Step by step and 90's cookie cutter shit like martin. There was a 100 shows like Martin, this one just happened to have Martin Lawrence.

I guess people just turned on the TV to see mediocre actors do exactly what they expected them to do and say what they expected them to say for about 30 minutes, makes it easier to recite among friends over and over to make it a catchphrase. Upon which shows like Martin thrived.

AngelEyes
01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I guess people just turned on the TV to see mediocre actors do exactly what they expected them to do and say what they expected them to say for about 30 minutes, makes it easier to recite among friends over and over to make it a catchphrase. Upon which shows like Martin thrived.

Seriously. Why anyone would ever want to watch some of these shows is beyond me. The actually transcendent shows like AD, Seinfeld, Roseanne, Cheers, Frasier, and Scrubs brought something unique to the table. Seinfeld and AD flipped television on its head, they're both hugely influential. AD's influence is easily seen in television today. Both Cheers and Frasier were brilliantly well written comedies which strayed from formulaic sitcoms. Scrubs was a great show which balanced comedic and heartfelt moments brilliantly.

heyhey
01-05-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm happy to see Roseanne gets its due in this thread even though I don't think it's the greatest sitcom. I always feel it gets overlooked but that maybe cause I'm from a urban environment. Roseanne tackled serious issues and problems often glossed over by other tv programs with bittersweet wit. Still there aren't many shows that feature blue collar white "trash" families without devolving completely to caricature the way Roseanne was able to do.

pauk
01-05-2013, 09:57 AM

I certainty think so.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb3vx7Msmp1r0ufaco1_400.gif

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Still there aren't many shows that feature blue collar white "trash" families without devolving completely to caricature the way Roseanne was able to do.
Martin!

gigantes
01-05-2013, 10:44 AM
newsradio

M*A*S*H

seinfeld

fawlty towers

malcolm in the middle

Legend of Josh
01-05-2013, 11:32 AM
My Step By Step comment was a joke. Someone above showed a .gif of the one, the only, Al Bundy.

:rockon:

It doesn't get much better than Married with Children. A true classic. Ain't nobody ****in' with Al's four touchdowns in one game. Can't no bitch hold a candle to Peggy's orange (not red) head and busty jugs. Kelly, well that's pretty self-explanatory and last but not least, Grand Master B. Damn, that's one hell of a family.

Legend of Josh
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Family Matters was black full house, Martin was just another cookie cutter sitcom, Who's the Boss was a mediocre 80's sitcom, can't compare this stuff to the true greats.

Seinfeld
AD
Cheers Roseanne Frasier
Scrubs

Really! OMG, never thought of it like that! Captain Obvious here to save the day!

... and please dude, if you use the term "cookie-cutter" one more time I'm going to flip out go bat+ape shit.

:oldlol:

Edwin
01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
fawlty towers
This is the correct answer.

Roseanne is far from being the greatest sitcom of all time. I can think of about 20 others better than Roseanne imo.

Fawlty Towers however is way ahead of Roseanne.

The Germans episode maybe the best episode a sitcom has ever had.

I dare you find an episode of Roseanne that is half as funny as the Germans episode.

Here's a segment of the Germans episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=f9BetL3rlZY

“Entschuldigen sie, bitte, k

knickswin
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I really like Roseanne (until it got s**tty toward the end at least, although the very last episode was powerful). great, extremely relatable characters. roseanne, dan, darlene, and jackie are all amazing. great writing. did a good job at keeping it real and not getting corny too much.

seinfeld isn't my cup of tea, but I get that it's good.

arrested development I think brought in an age of greater wit and even sharper writing. I think 30 Rock is comparable to Arrested Development. Arrested Development had better characters and better running jokes, but I think the dialogue and one-liners on 30 Rock are better than Arrested Development's.

Loneshot
01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
If you aren't black, Martin probably wasn't for you. Just like if you aren't white, Roseanne was an awful ****in show. Same with Mash, that shit was awful too.

Seinfeld is the king, and Everybody Hates Chris was really underrated. Fresh Prince was great as well.

knickswin
01-05-2013, 01:36 PM
If you aren't black, Martin probably wasn't for you. Just like if you aren't white, Roseanne was an awful ****in show. Same with Mash, that shit was awful too.

Seinfeld is the king, and Everybody Hates Chris was really underrated. Fresh Prince was great as well.

agree that everybody hates chris is really good. I think fresh prince was kind of corny and the writing wasn't at the level of these other shows most of the time.

Loneshot
01-05-2013, 01:39 PM
agree that everybody hates chris is really good. I think fresh prince was kind of corny and the writing wasn't at the level of these other shows most of the time.

True, i forgot all about Married with Children (looking at the gif), that show as classic. Fresh Prince is good just because of Will Smith and Carlton moments, it really didn't have the depth of other great sitcoms.

knickswin
01-05-2013, 01:44 PM
True, i forgot all about Married with Children (looking at the gif), that show as classic. Fresh Prince is good just because of Will Smith and Carlton moments, it really didn't have the depth of other great sitcoms.

yeah, I can agree with that. will smith and carlton were really good characters, but outside of that the show could be pretty flat. and fresh prince had too many "serious" moments for a sitcom, in my opinion.

Loneshot
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
yeah, I can agree with that. will smith and carlton were really good characters, but outside of that the show could be pretty flat. and fresh prince had too many "serious" moments for a sitcom, in my opinion.

I never forget that episode where he meets his dad and his dad immediately bails on him and he goes crazy with "WHY HE DON'T WANT ME!?" and the episode just ends there with no follow up :oldlol:

iamgine
01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
http://blog.postcardgallery.net/i/pics/all-in-the-family.jpg

knickswin
01-05-2013, 02:02 PM
I never forget that episode where he meets his dad and his dad immediately bails on him and he goes crazy with "WHY HE DON'T WANT ME!?" and the episode just ends there with no follow up :oldlol:

yeah, but they had ridiculous, over-the-top dramatic stuff like that all the time. one time aunt viv went nuts with the dancing or something like that. there were always those "deep," "real" moments with uncle phil. carlton got in a car accident or some nonsense like that. don't even get me started on will and his fiance. that show always had to resort to stuff like that because they just couldn't write enough good, funny plot lines.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 02:05 PM
It's funnier that's why it deserves to be ranked higher.

I've watched all these shows you've named in your rant, and Martin is funnier. I liked Larry Sander Show, Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible. It was cool as a kid growing up, but watch it as a grown man and you might puke.

Why Martin is being listed as a cookie cutter sitcom it beyond me. Martin did what he wanted in his series, that was act a damn fool. It's obviously not for you if you don't like it.

Obviously, Martin is gonna be different from the Cosby Show. They are both gonna be different from Roseanne. All three will be different from Cheers. All four will be different from Larry Sanders, Step By Step and so forth. If you don't like it fine, watch something you don't like.

I could never get into Friends, but I doubt it was a terrible show. I watched it a few times, it just wasn't for me, move on. Martin was not for you, doesn't mean it's terrible, just move on.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
It's funnier that's why it deserves to be ranked higher.

I've watched all these shows you've named in your rant, and Martin is funnier. I liked Larry Sander Show, Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible. It was cool as a kid growing up, but watch it as a grown man and you might puke.

Why Martin is being listed as a cookie cutter sitcom it beyond me. Martin did what he wanted in his series, that was act a damn fool. It's obviously not for you if you don't like it.

Obviously, Martin is gonna be different from the Cosby Show. They are both gonna be different from Roseanne. All three will be different from Cheers. All four will be different from Larry Sanders, Step By Step and so forth. If you don't like it fine, watch something you don't like.

I could never get into Friends, but I doubt it was a terrible show. I watched it a few times, it just wasn't for me, move on. Martin was not for you, doesn't mean it's terrible, just move on.

That's an awful long post just to say you have a wack taste and low standard.

iamgine
01-05-2013, 02:31 PM
With Friends, you have to watch from the first episode otherwise you won't get a lot of the jokes cause a lot of it are continuous.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 02:36 PM
That's an awful long post just to say you have a wack taste and low standard.
WTF is wack taste and low standards?

Martin = low standards
Friends = high standards.

Thanks for letting me know this.

:biggums:

CeltsGarlic
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Just watched roast of her the other day.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
WTF is wack taste and low standards?

Martin = low standards
Friends = high standards.

Thanks for letting me know this.

:biggums:
Ah so when it comes to sitcoms, you're the Guru who decides if something is corny or funny, but we can't judge your standard and taste? Right on.

Sit down and watch another brother dress up as a fat granny and fart. Har-Har-Har! Look at that silly Martin, acting a fool, dressing like his 'ghetto' neightbour girl. Har-Har-Har! Aren't these black folks something? Glad we aren't watching that corny Frasier crap!

LJJ
01-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Frasier was a great show, really funny, it did get kind of shitty towards the end though. I'd place with Cheers right behind shows like AD and Seinfeld.

Frasier is my favorite sitcom. Niles is just fantastic.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Ah so when it comes to sitcoms, you're the Guru who decides if something is corny or funny, but we can't judge your standard and taste? Right on.

Sit down and watch another brother dress up as a fat granny and fart. Har-Har-Har! Look at that silly Martin, acting a fool, dressing like his 'ghetto' neightbour girl. Har-Har-Har! Aren't these black folks something? Glad we aren't watching that corny Frasier crap!
Who said something was corny, you did? You called Martin a terrible sitcom and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Pretty sure I never said the shows you watch were "wack" and "corny" besides Full House, and we both agreed on that one, right?

No_Look604
01-05-2013, 02:57 PM
The Wonder Years!

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 03:07 PM
The Wonder Years!
Wonders Years was great. It still comes on some network along with Dougie Howser.

Droid101
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Pete and Pete.

Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude! close behind.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 03:15 PM
ehm...

Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 03:20 PM
ehm...
Alright, yet somewhat corny does not mean it's terrible. Alright means it's very watchable.

You wrote like 2 separate poat on how Martin is a terrible cookie cutter sitcom with no plots and a bunch of other things. Your Martin rant >>>>> my Frasier statement.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Alright, yet somewhat corny does not mean it's terrible. Alright means it's very watchable.

You wrote like 2 separate poat on how Martin is a terrible cookie cutter sitcom with no plots and a bunch of other things. Your Martin rant >>>>> my Frasier statement.
I dont even know what a cookie cutter is. So wrong again my friend. 2 strikes.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I dont even know what a cookie cutter is. So wrong again my friend. 2 strikes.
My mistake, it was Angel Eyes who described Martin as cookie cutter. With that said, you still spoke about Martin a few times in this thread about it basically being a terrible sitcom.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Damn, Chapallaz what a coincidence I stumbled upon today.
Your boy Kelsey Grammer looks to be dumbing himself down to join Martin Lawrence in a new sitcom. I wonder in Martin will have him wear a dress for the pilot episode?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/martin-lawrence-kelsey-grammer-comedy-series_n_2410249.html

[QUOTE]It would be the biggest star pairing on a TV series in a long long time. Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence are considering pairing up to star in and produce a multi-camera comedy together for Lionsgate TV and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury. We hear it started with a November meeting right before Thanksgiving between Grammer, Lawrence and Lionsgate where the two actors showed great chemistry

Pushxx
01-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Seinfeld is the Michael Jordan and Bill Russell combined.

Myth
01-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Since this is ISH, I had to think of a sitcom analogy for Kobe, and I think I found it: Friends. It is a great show, but it gets overrated by a groups of whiny people and for some crazy reason is often mistakenly referred to as the best show ever.

Chapallaz
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Your boy Kelsey Grammer looks to be dumbing himself down to join Martin Lawrence in a new sitcom. I wonder in Martin will have him wear a dress for the pilot episode?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/martin-lawrence-kelsey-grammer-comedy-series_n_2410249.html
My boy? Hardly. I did enjoy a couple of sitcoms he was in up untill about a decade ago, yes.

tontoz
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
MASH > all

ILLsmak
01-05-2013, 05:33 PM
different eras, so I don't know them all, but the only sitcom that I would watch now and expect to laugh is Frasier.

-Smak

Fallguy20
01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
The Simpsons was only mentioned once in the first 3 pages (might have been again until now... I didn't care to find out).

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100313060353/simpsons/images/b/b1/AllSimpsonsCharacters.png

Its the kind of thing where if you forget all Seasons following the 12th (and that is being generous, as pointed out earlier with the first nine seasons
being tops) you still have some amazing body of work consisting of satire and political commentary wrapped
into something so engaging that you know catchphrases from pretty much everybody seen in the above picture.

Just... brilliant.

Myth
01-05-2013, 06:20 PM

I thought Boss was supposed to be great? Never saw it, but I'm surprised it is over since I have heard nothing but positive stuff about it.

AngelEyes
01-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Really! OMG, never thought of it like that! Captain Obvious here to save the day!

... and please dude, if you use the term "cookie-cutter" one more time I'm going to flip out go bat+ape shit.

:oldlol:

Settle down little man, get back on those meds.

sundizz
01-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Boys Meets World.

Who didn't want to have a super soaker fight, or a teacher like Feeny, or a girl like Topanga, or a friend like Shawn. He also spelled his name the gangsta way, Shawn, not that nonsense Sean spelling.

And of course..Eric

When a crime breaks out,
All the cute girls shout,
Get the good-looking guy! (Good-looking guy!)
When there’s a crime out there,
He’s gonna comb his hair,
‘Cause he’s the good looking guy!

Whoah10115
01-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Scrubs would also have to be high on the list of sitcoms.

Thru 2 seasons it was aiming for the top...the 3rd season was a letdown and got by on its ingrained greatness...after that, it was never the same.

Nick Young
01-06-2013, 02:13 AM
Fresh Prince for me.

Lakers Legend#32
01-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Married...with Children

and Kelly Bundy! :banana:

BuGzBuNNy
01-06-2013, 03:03 AM
Smart guy was so short lived but was pure greatness. So underrated. I have it as my second or third behind The Fresh Prince(#1) and tied with Boy meets world

I love this theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qai7mf2XOXM)

Bandito
01-06-2013, 03:05 AM
I like the Bing Bang theory for the first 3 season but it has turn to sh1t these last few years.

PullupJay
01-06-2013, 03:19 AM
fresh prince
boy meets world
family matters

Myth
01-06-2013, 04:52 AM
Married...with Children

and Kelly Bundy! :banana:

I remember jerking it to Kelly early on in self discovery days.

CAstill
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Married with children
Seinfeld
Malcom in the Middle
Always Sunny
Curb
The League

BlueCrayon
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Arrested Development is consistently funny. Can't wait for the new season :cheers:

Myth
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Malcom in the Middle

After getting into Breaking Bad, I cannot take my eyes off of Bryan Cranston in Malcom in the Middle. Knowing how great of an actor he is now, I just can't look away.

no pun intended
01-06-2013, 10:48 PM
The Office.

Probably not the best, but it never fails to crack me up with its incessant dry humor.

L.Kizzle
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
After getting into Breaking Bad, I cannot take my eyes off of Bryan Cranston in Malcom in the Middle. Knowing how great of an actor he is now, I just can't look away, no homo.
fixed

Lakers Legend#32
01-07-2013, 03:49 AM
What do you think Al Bundy would say about Rosanne?

Myth
01-07-2013, 03:55 AM
fixed

There is a little bit of homo.

Edwin
01-07-2013, 04:20 AM
The Office.

Probably not the best, but it never fails to crack me up with its incessant dry humor.
If you mean the Office UK, then yes, probably.

The Office US was good for about the first 5 seasons, after that it began to drag and the quality has just recently increased again this season which is season 9.

Michael Scott leaving the show was a huge blow to a show that was beginning to drag with him still on it. He was one of the highlights on the show and it really dragged it down once he left.

Gabe was a funny character who popped afterward for a couple of episodes and was funny whenever he was one. Hopefully they bring him back.