PDA

View Full Version : Any males here have their ears pierced? Would you?

Draz
01-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey ISH. I have a few questions. Do you have your ears pierced? When did you get them pierced? Do you regret it? Would you get them pierced? Does it affect you getting a job in the long run?

I'm 20, I never got my ears pierced. But, lately I've been feeling like I should get them pierced. I want them for myself because I want a new look. My family is against that for males, which is half the reason why I never got them done. But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.

Curious to know, should I get them pierced, if so, will it leave a MARK on my ear lobe if I do decide to GET RID OF THEM later on? I don't want to leave a permanent mark.

Like I said, I'm debating. Plus, another reason why, is because I believe my girlfriend probably deep down inside wants me to get them done even though she's so called against it. I feel like more girls are into this in males, and perhaps it's just trending? I just want to add a new look on without marks in the long run.

L.Kizzle
01-05-2013, 04:48 PM
But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.
There is your answer right in your own post.

TheMan
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
There is your answer right in your own post.
/thread

millwad
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Hey ISH. I have a few questions. Do you have your ears pierced? When did you get them pierced? Do you regret it? Would you get them pierced? Does it affect you getting a job in the long run?

I'm 20, I never got my ears pierced. But, lately I've been feeling like I should get them pierced. I want them for myself because I want a new look. My family is against that for males, which is half the reason why I never got them done. But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.

Curious to know, should I get them pierced, if so, will it leave a MARK on my ear lobe if I do decide to GET RID OF THEM later on? I don't want to leave a permanent mark.

Like I said, I'm debating. Plus, another reason why, is because I believe my girlfriend probably deep down inside wants me to get them done even though she's so called against it. I feel like more girls are into this in males, and perhaps it's just trending? I just want to add a new look on without marks in the long run.

I have both my ear lobes pierced and I have had them pierced for a couple of years now.

You're worrying for nothing, it's your ears and it's no big deal really.

And if you do it in the ear lobes it will not leave a big mark but some heal better than others but in general it's not that obvious. Before moving I played in the swedish basketball league and we went to play in the northern parts of Sweden and you can't play ball with ear rings obviously so I always took them off but I lost them that time. We got back after 3 days and I was lazy and waited for like 4 more days until I got new ones and after 7 days without ear rings my ear lobes had healed too much to get them in. I had to get them pierced again.

Regarding job opportunities, unless you have many piercings and on weird places it will not make a difference when you look for jobs. I have worked part-time during the last 2 summers at a bank and in Sweden every bank employee have a dress code and for males it is shirt, tie and suit and no one ever made any comments regarding my ear rings.

So yeah, ear piercings won't make any difference for you when you go and look for a job and it will unlikely leave a big mark if you decide to take them out.

But for the love of god, don't go and put in ugly fake bling bling and don't use flashy girly ones. I have a couple of different one's but most of the time I use these two;

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21h1Q816cYL.jpg

And these one's but less shiny;

http://img.tradera.com/images/852/148981852_1.jpg

Styles p
01-05-2013, 05:24 PM
i've had my left ear pierced since i was like 7. i haven't had an earing in it it years though and it never closed up.

Draz
01-05-2013, 05:32 PM
I have both my ear lobes pierced and I have had them pierced for a couple of years now.

And if you do it in the ear lobes it will not leave a big mark but some heal better than others but in general it's not that obvious. Before moving I played in the swedish basketball league and we went to play in the northern parts of Sweden and you can't play ball with ear rings obviously so I always took them off but I lost them that time. We got back after 3 days and I was lazy and waited for like 4 more days until I got new ones and after 7 days without ear rings my ear lobes had healed too much to get them in. I had to get them pierced again.

Regarding job opportunities, unless you have many piercings and on weird places it will not make a difference when you look for jobs. I have worked part-time during the last 2 summers at a bank and in Sweden every bank employee have a dress code and for males it is shirt, tie and suit and no one ever made any comments regarding my ear rings.

So yeah, ear piercings won't make any difference for you when you go and look for a job and it will unlikely leave a big mark if you decide to take them out.

But for the love of god, don't go and put in ugly fake bling bling and don't use flashy girly ones. I have a couple of different one's but most of the time I use these two;

Are those the ones that stretch your earlobes? I see people with those all the time, I don't know how in the world they do it. I can never do that. But yeah, I really want em' pierced. Maybe just a simple diamond.

Stuckey
01-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I had a stud on left ear back in highschool, then i noticed a lot of guys started doing that

so i lost interest

men with earrings is just weird to me now. anything other than a nice time piece and a ring or two is unusual

but it's just ears, just do it and see you feel about yourself

millwad
01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Are those the ones that stretch your earlobes? I see people with those all the time, I don't know how in the world they do it. I can never do that. But yeah, I really want em' pierced. Maybe just a simple diamond.

No, it's only the shape of jewelry that make it look like it's been stretched. The piece that goes through the air is really thin. Most of the people just have the small piercing made and then they go for that kind of style when they get their ear rings.

It's you ear and your decision but fake bling bling looks pretty stupid, no offense.

By the way, if you decide to get your ear pierced, don't even let anyone come close with a piercing gun close to your ears. To start with, they can never be completely sterilized which basically means that they can pass diseases even though it's not very likely, but it's still dirty and not as accurate as a real piercer who uses a needle.

NO:

http://www.fancywebshop.com/catalog/images/piercing%20gun5.jpg

YES:

http://derek.broox.com/photo/jeffteresas-30th-anniversary/10254/pierced-with-a-4-gauge-ho.jpg

Bcogswell
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't have them pierced and don't have any interest in getting it done. However, if you want to get them pierced then go ahead. Don't let someone else make the decision for you. :confusedshrug:

Draz
01-05-2013, 06:33 PM
No, it's only the shape of jewelry that make it look like it's been stretched. The piece that goes through the air is really thin. Most of the people just have the small piercing made and then they go for that kind of style when they get their ear rings.

It's you ear and your decision but fake bling bling looks pretty stupid, no offense.

By the way, if you decide to get your ear pierced, don't even let anyone come close with a piercing gun close to your ears. To start with, they can never be completely sterilized which basically means that they can pass diseases even though it's not very likely, but it's still dirty and not as accurate as a real piercer who uses a needle.

NO:

http://www.fancywebshop.com/catalog/images/piercing%20gun5.jpg

YES:

http://derek.broox.com/photo/jeffteresas-30th-anniversary/10254/pierced-with-a-4-gauge-ho.jpg

Holy shit the second pic looks painful. Thanks for your responses guys. I just wanted to add some bling. I'll start off with a rolex first.

kNIOKAS
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Don't like guys with earrings generally, but I'm not a girl(s) who I suppose you are looking for.
The worse trend is that earrings with a hole in them... I seen guys with it:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2aaj601.jpg

It's like, what are they doing?!?! Does it mean anything? Do they know what it means? It's ewww. Africans do it, but they are primitive in their understanding of beauty... As well as African-Americans, for that matter :lol But yea.

Budadiiii
01-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Can't go wrong with black studs. Go for it.

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Had them pierced with some cheap studs from Claire's when I was like 17.

Had at least 20 compliments the first day back. I guess it looks good on hispanic-y looking guys. Especially with a dark caesar and a modified goatee.

Most of the LBGT, unclassy, trashy stereotypes associated with pierced ears can be refuted if you speak in an articulate, classy manner.

nathanjizzle
01-05-2013, 07:16 PM
i had my ears pierce when i was 14-16. i would never wear earrings now, 22. it looks immature and unprofessional.

Myth
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Seriously, that is so stupid. Then you either have to decide to keep your ears looking like that forever, or have surgery that essentially cuts off the lobe of your ear if you grow out of it. This and face tattoos are terrible decisions and people that have them are the people I dismiss most in life.

Draz
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Don't like guys with earrings generally, but I'm not a girl(s) who I suppose you are looking for.

It's like, what are they doing?!?! Does it mean anything? Do they know what it means? It's ewww. Africans do it, but they are primitive in their understanding of beauty... As well as African-Americans, for that matter :lol But yea.

That's wait I said in the above post. Shit is terrible.:facepalm

NuggetsFan
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I got one pierced when I was like 15-16 and than got the other one done like 5 minutes later because thought it looked stupid with just one. Can relate with the family thing, remember my dad picked me up right after and took me about 5 minutes to get into the car outta fear :lol .. after that tho it didn't affect anything it never even got mentioned and besides my parents I don't think anybody ever really commented on them and at times I'd wear some pretty big flashy earrings. Took them out whenever I'd go into work.

I dunno, getting you're ears pierced really isn't that big of a deal. Don't really regret it but haven't used them in a long time and the hole's probably grown over, I'd say I got my money's worth tho. If you want it done, do it. Unless you're getting those massive holes I don't think it'll change anything, maybe it's different when you're 20 and not 15 in HS tho.

Hardest part for me was keeping the earrings. Wasn't use to wearing "accessories" so I was constantly losing them. Got a nice pair for X-Mas one year and lost one like 2 months later and that was it for me :oldlol:

red1
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Hoes love the single black stud earring. If you don't like it just let that shit close up

Edwin
01-05-2013, 08:01 PM

You crap on fake bling bling and yet you use fake plugs?

I got both my ears pierced, my cartilage pierce and my lip on the left side.

I began expanding my ear piercings for real plugs, I only got up to size 8 though and quite expanding them.

I had a size 12 lipring too.

I got rid of them all.

The ladies actually found my collection of piercings attractive, specially the lipring. I have no idea why they enjoyed biting and pulling on it. I didn't really hurt though.

I've gotten rid of my piercings as I just grew out of them.

millwad
01-05-2013, 08:29 PM
You crap on fake bling bling and yet you use fake plugs?

I got both my ears pierced, my cartilage pierce and my lip on the left side.

I began expanding my ear piercings for real plugs, I only got up to size 8 though and quite expanding them.

I had a size 12 lipring too.

I got rid of them all.

The ladies actually found my collection of piercings attractive, specially the lipring. I have no idea why they enjoyed biting and pulling on it. I didn't really hurt though.

I've gotten rid of my piercings as I just grew out of them.

It's the style of the piece I like, I personally don't really see the need to expand the piercing just to be able to use real plugs.

Don't want my ear to look like this when I take the plugs out;

http://www.turkeltaub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Gauged-Earlobe-LL-Left-pre.jpg

And fake bling is just too silly;

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/147/115257d528734f608fdf343cab04718e/l.jpg

Myth
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/147/115257d528734f608fdf343cab04718e/l.jpg

What poster is this? :lol

Edwin
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I get what you mean.

Plugs are generally used mostly by tattoo enthusiast.

I got a bunch of friends who had them, when they took them off their ears looked horrible.

I'm not crapping on you for having fake plugs, as I wore them for a while before I began expanding mines, but like I said, I stopped at size 8, so they weren't big and closed up quickly. I just think it's funny to crap on one thing that's fake and approve of another.

I haven't worn any of my piercings for like 5 years now, but I've had them for over 10 years I think.

I got my ears and cartilage pierced when I was in like the 9th grade and then got my lip pierced when I was 21.

Ear piercings don't hurt. Cartilage piercing hurts more, but it's not that painful. Lip piercing hurt a lot despite people telling me it didn't hurt that much.

Ear piercings and cartilage piercings heal quickly, in about 2 weeks. They don't close as far as I know, so you can go years without wearing them for years after they've healed and still put in some earrings.

However the lip piercing I do believe closed after not wearing a lipring for a while.

Anyway, yeah, OP you seem motivated and it looks like you've already made your mind up on the topic.

Money 23
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
I had a pierced ear from 18 - 21 then got rid of it once I became a man.

heavensdevil
01-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Yes, I got my ears piecrced in Grade 4. Don't regret it. Wouldn't recommend wearing during job interview, however no problem wearing at work.

miller-time
01-06-2013, 01:22 AM
And fake bling is just too silly;

I used to have those lol. Wouldn't wear them now, but there is some sense to fake ones. It is really really easy to lose earrings, I mean they can even come off when you change your shirt, and you often don't notice until it is too late.

Whoah10115
01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
I have them...I don't always wear them tho and never do when I shave it off.

You can always take them out and put them back in. It won't have any impact on what you can or cannot do with your life.

Seriously, that is so stupid. Then you either have to decide to keep your ears looking like that forever, or have surgery that essentially cuts off the lobe of your ear if you grow out of it. This and face tattoos are terrible decisions and people that have them are the people I dismiss most in life.

Face tattoos are another level...just below your Wife in some sort of neglige/Sanchez jersey.

ClutchOver9000
01-06-2013, 03:01 AM
My ears are pierced but like Whoah said I dont always have em in. I've lost many earrings lately now that I think about it.

Anyhow, go w/ the simple studs, if it suits you a hoop is fine (the small ones that hug your earlobe, not those Shaka Zulu hula hoops...lol)

No gauges/plugs unless you're a heavy metal singer/rock musician or hobo.... :lol.

You're 20 man, do you.

CarlosBoozer
01-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Extremely hard to pulloff looking good with earings but it's your choice anyways.

JohnnySic
01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
I had my ear pierced when I was younger.

The "earings on men" thing is looooong over.

bmulls
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
I had my ear pierced when I was younger.

The "earings on men" thing is looooong over.

Yep, it was over after 1999

Dictator
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Magnet earrings

/thread

bumpyknucks
01-06-2013, 11:56 PM
If you have to think twice about whether you should be wearing them, then you shouldnt. That goes for clothes too.

emsteez forreal
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
lol. i hate when people say that if you stretch your ears they'll never go back.. i got my ears pierced at a 22 gauge (standard piercing size) and took about 2-3 years to stretch them to a 0.. i took them out about 3 weeks ago and my ears are pretty much closed back to normal now. it's all about how fast you stretch.. like another one of my friends had piercings his whole life then jumped from normal 22 to 00 (bigger than 0s) in like 3 months. needless to say, he has floppy ******s for earlobes now.

Burgz V2
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
no ive never had them pierced. Probably never will. Don't care too much for jewellery tbh.

I don't hate on dudes who get them pierced, but that whole spacer nonsense I can't stand.

JtotheIzzo
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
I used to have two in each ear.

The day I graduated college I took them out for good.

Truth is, people take you more seriously without earrings or BS tattoos.