fpliii
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
"You only need to watch the fourth quarter (all or in part)."

red1
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
kobe is the GOAT and kobe is better than jordan are the ones I hear the most

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
"The regular season doesn't matter, it's only worth watching when the playoffs start"

Y2Gezee
This thread could be a great example of things trolls say to make you laugh.

TheMarkMadsen
"Kevin Durant is better than Lebron"

"Lebron shoots 50% he's the best jump shooter in the game"

red1
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
:roll:

fpliii
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
"The regular season doesn't matter, it's only worth watching when the playoffs start"

this one is brutal too

CavaliersFTW
01-06-2013, 09:55 PM
"Durant is 6-11 / a 7 footer"

fpliii
01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Different permutations of "College players have better defense/fundamentals/effort."

Fudge
01-06-2013, 09:56 PM
"Kevin Durant is better than Lebron"

Who actually believes/said this aside from joyner? :confusedshrug:

Deuce Bigalow
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Only one of those statements means you know nothing about basketball, the one about Lebron. Melo is arguably the best scorer, Kobe is arguably the best player, and you don't have to have ties to a city to be a fan.

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
"College is better than the NBA, the players care more/try harder"

fpliii
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM

:cheers:

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Only one of those statements means you know nothing about basketball, the one about Lebron. Melo is arguably the best scorer, Kobe is arguably the best player, and you don't have to have ties to a city to be a fan.

Melo has NO argument as the best scorer
Kobe has NO argument as the best player
A person from California or Texas has NO business being a Heat fan

TheMarkMadsen
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM

These goons I know on 3rd street

MAC system
Not from CA, lol

red1
I hear this one a lot actually.

SilkkTheShocker
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM

Get real, there is no arguement for Kobe being the best player in the NBA right now.

tmacattack33
01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
I hear a lot of "This team sucks...This team has a bunch of nobodys...who are these guys?" for teams that are actually pretty decent and have some decent players (but no super-stars of course) like Memphis, Atlanta, or Denver.

DMV2
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
This is what they're actually thinking, "College is better than the NBA, the players are a lot whiter." :lol

Deuce Bigalow
Melo is 2nd in scoring right now and has completely dominated games with his scoring. He definitely has an argument. Give me an argument that he doesnt have a case. And Kobe is the leading scorer and is playing efficiently again so how isn't be up there?

fpliii
Get real, there is no arguement for Kobe being the best player in the NBA right now.

sup

it looks like you were right about DWade...he seems fully healthy but he's definitely going to coast

unless LeBron goes down or leaves the team after next year, we're not gonna see another 25/5/5 season from Wade :facepalm

SpecialQue
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Some idiot I met in Vegas actually said that the Showtime Lakers were a "working class" team.

Deuce Bigalow
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
31-5-5 on 59TS. Forget his team record, Kareem won an MVP on a 40-42 team.

RRR3
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Kobe is arguably the best player

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-dog-hits-owner.gif

http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chris-Paul-Lebron-Kevin-Durant-and-Lolo-Jones-copy.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

lbj4kb8
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
- "5>1 therefore he's the better player" :facepalm

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Melo is 2nd in scoring right now and has completely dominated games with his scoring. He definitely has an argument. Give me an argument that he doesnt have a case. And Kobe is the leading scorer and is playing efficiently again so how isn't be up there?

Melo is averaging 29.3 ppg on 21.1 FGA
Durant is averaging 28.3 ppg on 17.7 FGA

Melo is averaging 1.0 more ppg on 3.4 more FGA

Durant is so much more efficient, it's an absolute joke. And if you want to bring clutch play into the equation

Durant in crunch time
37.1 pp36 53 FG% 68 TS%

Melo in crunch time
36.9 pp36 46 FG% 60 TS%

Melo has never had a season near Durant the past 4 years as a scorer, much less this season where Durant is putting up historic numbers.

coin24
Heat "dynasty"

Lebron is clutch.. :lol clutch passer maybe.

Purch
You clearly haven't been around enough casuals.

Here in Ny I deal with a hell of a lot of Melo is better than Lebron

CavaliersFTW
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
"Larry Bird couldn't dunk"

"Modern Nutrition and Training"

SilkkTheShocker
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
31-5-5 on 59TS. Forget his team record, Kareem won an MVP on a 40-42 team.

He has played no defense all season. He isn't playing with Smush and Mihm anymore. There is zero excuse for his team being currently out of the playoffs.

Deuce Bigalow
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Melo is averaging 29.3 ppg on 21.1 FGA
Durant is averaging 28.3 ppg on 17.7 FGA

Melo is averaging 1.0 more ppg on 3.4 more FGA

Durant is so much more efficient, it's an absolute joke. And if you want to bring clutch play into the equation

Durant in crunch time
37.1 pp36 53 FG% 68 TS%

Melo in crunch time
36.9 pp36 46 FG% 60 TS%

Durant has never had a season near Durant the past 4 years as a scorer, much less this season where Durant is putting up historic numbers.
Have you seen some of the Knick games? He goes off on these 20+ point quarters. He can score anywhere at any time.

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Have you seen some of the Knick games? He goes off on these 20+ point quarters. He can score anywhere at any time.

Then why is he only leading Durant by 1 ppg while averaging 3.4 more FGA?

Given Durant's efficiency, if he were to take 3.4 more FGA he would be around 32.2 ppg

Durant at age 21 put up 30.1 ppg on 20.1 FGA. This year Melo's at 29.3 on 21.1 FGA

SilkkTheShocker
01-06-2013, 10:14 PM
sup

it looks like you were right about DWade...he seems fully healthy but he's definitely going to coast

unless LeBron goes down or leaves the team after next year, we're not gonna see another 25/5/5 season from Wade :facepalm

Yea, the Wade going into "decline" threads were a little premature. The guy is coasting and probably won't start to pick it up until sometime after all-star break. We probably won't see the 25-5-5 seasons much anymore. But playing with Bosh/LeBron is going to do wonders for extending his career. Plus, there is not doubt in my mind he can still be a Finals MVP, or carry the team if need be in a playoff series.

RRR3
01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
For once I agree with Joyner. Durant is clearly the best scorer in the league. Melo's shooting percentages will drop by the end of the year, and Durant is shooting better anyways. He's also more unselfish than Melo and doesn't force the issue as much, which is why he may have games where he "only" scores 20 as opposed to Melo chucking his way to 35. This wasn't even a debate last year I might add, Melo was trash last year (for the standards he's held to that is, obviously he was good in general).

Deuce Bigalow
01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
He has played no defense all season. He isn't playing with Smush and Mihm anymore. There is zero excuse for his team being currently out of the playoffs.
http://bkref.com/tiny/rg3v0

9 of the losses were some of his best games

SilkkTheShocker
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
http://bkref.com/tiny/rg3v0

9 of the losses were some of his best games

Deuce, if you replaced Kobe with LeBron or Durant, do you think they would have the same record? And for the record, im not a Kobe fan, obviously, but I haven't been blaming him for all the Lakers struggles. I just think if you replaced him with KD or LeBron, the team would be looking better

chazzy
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Melo has never had a season near Durant the past 4 years as a scorer
He's been a better scorer than 2011 Durant so far

Legends66NBA7
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
That Michael Jordan was the reason good/great players in the 90s didn't have rings. The usual suspects being Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and John Stockton.

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
That Michael Jordan was the reason good/great players in the 90s didn't have rings. The usual suspects being Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and John Stockton.

A great response is always

"The only reason Jordan got rings in the 90's is because Bird's back blew out and Magic got AIDS"

Kellogs4toniee
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
How is having the opinion that college ball is better because of the extra heart, fundamentals, and hustle something that should make one laugh?

I'm not saying I think college ball is better, but I can easily see how a fan can enjoy college ball more because of the intensity and team play. There's a reason why many experts and analysts who live there lives based on basketball consider March Madness the best basketball of the year.

red1
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
First of all that isn't something a casual fan would say, second of all it is indirectly true. Chicago bulls did deny all of those players in the finals. Bulls dynasty f*cked up the legacies of all the players you mentioned.

Ne 1
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Jakeh008
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Shaq isnt that great of a center. Kobe made him look great

Jordan isnt close to kobe. He played in a weak era

Legends66NBA7
01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
First of all that isn't something a casual fan would say,

Nah, I've heard it on more than once from close friends or if I went to school when we decided to talk about past basketball. For me, it's like they didn't really think it through.

second of all it is indirectly true. Chicago bulls did deny all of those players in the finals. Bulls dynasty f*cked up the legacies of all the players you mentioned.

Well Barkley, Malone, and Stockton sure... Ewing 5 times since the Knicks and Bulls can't meet in the Finals. And I get what your saying...

But it isn't entirely true, it's flawed perception. These 4 in general did not face Jordan's Bulls year in and year out.

Malone and Stockton when they became starters together from 87-88 literally lost to every type of team, whether it would be championship level team, a contender, a pretender, or a team that they falt out shouldn't have lost too. In 1999, commentators kept bringing up "this is the year of the Jazz to win the title with no Michael Jordan", so even they were using that argument... only for Malone and Stockton to choke.

Barkley had chances also when Jordan retired and he and Suns blew 2-0 and 3-1 series leads to Hakeem's Rockets.

Ewing is the only one you can feel was because of Jordan's Bulls, but even he had his best chance during Jordan's retirements (second time he was gone from the playoffs with an injury).

So yes, while it can indirectly true, what is the reality of it is completely different and needs context. For example, If LeBron James goes on to win multiple titles and Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, etc... don't win titles... it's going be dumb to hear the casual fan say that James is the reason they didn't win titles.

guy
01-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Nah, I've heard it on more than once from close friends or if I went to school when we decided to talk about past basketball. For me, it's like they didn't really think it through.

Well Barkley, Malone, and Stockton sure... Ewing 5 times since the Knicks and Bulls can't meet in the Finals. And I get what your saying...

But it isn't entirely true, it's flawed perception. These 4 in general did not face Jordan's Bulls year in and year out.

Malone and Stockton when they became starters together from 87-88 literally lost to every type of team, whether it would be championship level team, a contender, a pretender, or a team that they falt out shouldn't have lost too. In 1999, commentators kept bringing up "this is the year of the Jazz to win the title with no Michael Jordan", so even they were using that argument... only for Malone and Stockton to choke.

Barkley had chances also when Jordan retired and he and Suns blew 2-0 and 3-1 series leads to Hakeem's Rockets.

Ewing is the only one you can feel was because of Jordan's Bulls, but even he had his best chance during Jordan's retirements (second time he was gone from the playoffs with an injury).

So yes, while it can indirectly true, what is the reality of it is completely different and needs context. For example, If LeBron James goes on to win multiple titles and Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, etc... don't win titles... it's going be dumb to hear the casual fan say that James is the reason they didn't win titles.

It should really be more like Jordan AND Hakeem stopped these players from getting rings.

Legends66NBA7
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM
It should really be more like Jordan AND Hakeem stopped these players from getting rings.

I guess so, but then I doubt many casual fans know who Hakeem is/was unless they looked him up.

TheMarkMadsen
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
How is having the opinion that college ball is better because of the extra heart, fundamentals, and hustle something that should make one laugh?

I'm not saying I think college ball is better, but I can easily see how a fan can enjoy college ball more because of the intensity and team play. There's a reason why many experts and analysts who live there lives based on basketball consider March Madness the best basketball of the year.

Sure, if watching a bunch of one dimensional players chuck more 3's than a dantoni wet dream while playing with no inside presence the entire time Is your thing then College basketball is the way to go

talkingconch
01-06-2013, 11:15 PM
''Lebron is already in the top 10''

STATUTORY
01-06-2013, 11:16 PM
"kobe gets all the calls"

TeamLAC
01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
"kobe has 5 rings so he is currently a better player than lebron" -dumbass

Ikill
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Then why is he only leading Durant by 1 ppg while averaging 3.4 more FGA?

Given Durant's efficiency, if he were to take 3.4 more FGA he would be around 32.2 ppg

Durant at age 21 put up 30.1 ppg on 20.1 FGA. This year Melo's at 29.3 on 21.1 FGA
Melo averages 3 more points per 36 than Durant thats a pretty big gap. Melo also gets assisted on less of his shots and the Knicks play at a slower pace. If you consider these things there scoring this year has been pretty damn equal this year

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Melo averages 3 more points per 36 than Durant thats a pretty big gap. Melo also gets assisted on less of his shots and the Knicks play at a slower pace. If you consider these things there scoring this year has been pretty damn equal this year

Oh the idiocy. Who cares, Melo takes 4.3 more FGA per 36. That just means Melo chucks more than Durant, who is far more efficient. It's also a total joke that Melo is barely averaging 2 apg while Durant is over 4, yet Durant plays off of the ball much more than Melo.

The assisted % is not a sound argument. That's essentially saying Melo can't score off of the ball, otherwise he would be assisted on a heavier percentage of his shots.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Durant is scoring on 45.9% of ISO possessions, Melo's scoring on 43.2%

And the slower pace argument is a joke. Durant is shooting 50% in the half court, Melo's at 46%.

Flagrant 2
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
"Kobe sucks"

LoneyROY7
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
:roll: :lol

The OP is soooo mad that Melo is killin' it and gettin his deserved shine.

jimmy77x
01-06-2013, 11:55 PM
:roll: :lol

The OP is soooo mad that Melo is killin' it and gettin his deserved shine.

yupp :lol

mrpibb
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
"Kobe sucks"

:oldlol: I hear this a lot at Jazz games when the Lakers aren't even playing. Shit is quite hilarious.

miller-time
01-07-2013, 12:34 AM
"Modern Nutrition and Training"

Before that it was that modern players had "evolved." The funny thing was this was within 5 years of Jordan retiring and Shaq still contending. So it wasn't even a whole generation removed. Let alone 1000s of years :oldlol:

CarlosBoozer
01-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Boozer sucks

CavaliersFTW
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Before that it was that modern players had "evolved." The funny thing was this was within 5 years of Jordan retiring and Shaq still contending. So it wasn't even a whole generation removed. Let alone 1000s of years :oldlol:
:oldlol: yeah players back then (10 years ago+) were more primitive humans who were also malnourished and also didn't receive proper "training" (:wtf: does that even mean!?!?!) :lol my confidence in the longterm survival of our human race just dies a little every time I hear someone use logic like that

Rubio2Gasol
01-07-2013, 01:43 AM
"Melo only got past the first round once."

2 minutes later.

"Chris Paul is the best point guard in the game."

Legends66NBA7
01-07-2013, 01:46 AM
"Melo only got past the first round once."

2 minutes later.

"Chris Paul is the best point guard in the game."

:confusedshrug:

Mr. NBA
01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
I always hear this around here. Bandwagon NBA fan who couldnt tell you crap unless its about super stars

Me: " Who is your favorite team?"

Them: " Miami Heat "

Me:" Foreal?!"

Them: " Yea but I like Miami before Lebron though.

Also, most of these guys says Bosh sucks dadada but if it werent for Bosh they wouldnt gotten past Boston last year. I hate fans that dont knowbasketball.

KOBE143
01-07-2013, 01:53 AM
This season Durant is better than 2008 Kobe's MVP season..

The most funny is.. LeBron is clutch.. :roll:

dunksby
01-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Everything Joyner says.

Mr. Jabbar
01-07-2013, 05:01 AM
"Lebron is clutch" always brings a giggle.