PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki Questioning Mavs

eliteballer
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
With the Dallas Mavericks' 12-season playoff streak in serious jeopardy, star forward Dirk Nowitzki expressed strong doubt about the front office's plan for the franchise's future, even wondering whether it'd be in the Mavs' best interests to trade him.

Nowitzki, who was admittedly disappointed and frustrated after the Mavs dropped to eight games below .500 with their eighth loss in nine games Saturday night, told ESPNDallas.com that owner Mark Cuban's post-lockout decision to let Tyson Chandler and other key members of the 2011 title team leave could be judged as "a mistake or not" after seeing whether the Mavs are able to make any major personnel moves this summer.

"It's going to be tough now," Nowitzki said after the Mavs' home overtime loss to the Western Conference cellar-dwelling New Orleans Hornets. "I always liked to think you don't want to build your franchise on hope.

"We hoped for Deron last year. We hoped for Dwight. Why would he leave the Lakers? To me, it makes no sense. He's in a great situation. Why would CP3 leave? (The Los Angeles Clippers are) the best team in the league probably right now. They're probably the deepest team. So are you going to hope that we get something?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8819298/dirk-nowitzki-questions-dallas-mavericks-offseason-moves-build-hope

Dirk for Green and Fab Melo, Boston can strengthen their run these last few years and Dallas can begin rebuilding.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Tons of people including me criticized Cuban's decisoon to blow up that team. Where are the people who thought Mayo was the future of this team and 3rd best SG? Dude has vanished into thin air.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Mark did take a huge gamble but this is one of those thing where if Deron and Dwight go to Dallas, he's called a genius. And if they don't, he's called a risk taker. He should have re-signed Terry and Chandler though and kept everyone for another couple of years. Emulate the Spurs and Celtics.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Mark did take a huge gamble but this is one of those thing where if Deron and Dwight go to Dallas, he's called a genius. And if they don't, he's called a risk taker. He should have re-signed Terry and Chandler though and kept everyone for another couple of years. Emulate the Spurs and Celtics.

When coming off a title you NEVER take a risk like that.

guy
01-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Had they brought back everyone last year, the only teams last year that might've been better then the Mavs were the Heat and Thunder, two teams that the Mavs beat on their way to a title in 2011. It was a huge mistake to not bring back Chandler, Barea, and Stevenson last year, and then Kidd and JT this year. They could've also been a contender this year as well.

Borat
01-06-2013, 11:10 PM

Says random bum to championship winning and perennial playoff team owner.

Borat
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Had they brought back everyone last year, the only teams last year that might've been better then the Mavs were the Heat and Thunder, two teams that the Mavs beat on their way to a title in 2011. It was a huge mistake to not bring back Chandler, Barea, and Stevenson last year, and then Kidd and JT this year. They could've also been a contender this year as well.

I'd say its short sighted to match the Chandler and Barea contracts.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Says random bum to championship winning and perennial playoff team owner.

And now they sot out of the playoff picture. Use your head dude. Barea is expendable but Terry, Chandler and Kidd should have been kept.

28renyoy
01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Toronto 1st+PJIII+Perkins+fillers for Dirk

Westbrook
Martin
Durant
Dirk
Ibaka

Good luck NBA

TMT
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Dirk has a no trade clause. And he doesn't seem like the quitting type who will request a trade. He'll just play it out and see what happens.

Borat
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
And now they sot out of the playoff picture. Use your head dude. Barea is expendable but Terry, Chandler and Kidd should have been kept.

This thread will be redundant next season, when Terry and Kidd are useless and Chandler's contract is 14m for 8/8 in 25 mins.
Chandler had one good season and the Knicks threw 50m at him, it is completely plausible to not sign him given his injury history.

Meanwhile the Mavs have a possible lottery pick (not sure if owned or traded away), some good core guys and positioned for Dwight, CP3, Smoove, Jennings, Ellis, Pekovic, Bynum, Evans, Al Jeff, Millsap and a slew of good role players.

Positioned for 3-5 years of success instead of getting bounced by Thunder then 5 years of mediocrity.
Use YOUR head son.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 11:30 PM
This thread will be redundant next season, when Terry and Kidd are useless and Chandler's contract is 14m for 8/8 in 25 mins.
Chandler had one good season and the Knicks threw 50m at him, it is completely plausible to not sign him given his injury history.

Meanwhile the Mavs have a possible lottery pick (not sure if owned or traded away), some good core guys and positioned for Dwight, CP3, Smoove, Jennings, Ellis, Pekovic, Bynum, Evans, Al Jeff, Millsap and a slew of good role players.

Positioned for 3-5 years of success instead of getting bounced by Thunder then 5 years of mediocrity.
Use YOUR head son.

You don't see the idiocy of going from title to rebuild the next year? Sure falling apart means better picks but I think anybody would prefer possibly another ring than rebuilding for the future. I know Dirk would.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM

Deron said he was considering going to Dallas so I guess Mark thought if Deron goes then Dwight would shortly follow. You can't fault him for that. Mark is one of the most intelligent men in the world. If Deron had just said "It's only the Nets" from the start, Mark would've re-signed everyone.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Deron said he was considering going to Dallas so I guess Mark thought if Deron goes then Dwight would shortly follow. You can't fault him for that. Mark is one of the most intelligent men in the world. If Deron had just said "It's only the Nets" from the start, Mark would've re-signed everyone.

You ever hear the very famous saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? In other words.... it's better not to gamble when you already have something good. I just think if I was an owner after winning a championship like that in such a beautiful way the LAST thing on my mind would be the future or saving money... or swinging for a free agent home run.

What's even more troubling is anybody who knows basketball could see the way the Mavs were built they were a matchup nightmare for Miami and OKC both, whom would be the most likely teams they will have to go through the couple years following their title. In other words I truly feel the Mavs could still be a threat for the finals right now if they stayed together for another year or two (so let's say 4 seasons after that title).

Rekindled
01-06-2013, 11:42 PM
boozer+deng+teague+butler+1st for dirk+marion.

Noah
Dirk
Marion
Bellineli
Rose

ispin69
01-06-2013, 11:47 PM
I agree it was kind of a mistake to break up that team but that was A LOT of guys to try and re-sign. It's not like they didn't all want long multi-year contracts as well. That's a ton of commitment and money to the same guys who might fall on their past success and get lazy.

Chandler - 4 year contract worth about $56 million / 14 mil a year
Caron Butler - 3 year contract worth $24 million / 8 mil a year
JJ Barea - 4 year contract worth $18 million / 4.5 mil a year
Jason Terry - 3 year contract worth $15 million / 5 mil a year
Jason Kidd - 3 year contract worth $9 million / 3 mil a year
Deshaun Stevenson - 3 years worth $6.72 million / 2.24 mil a year

36.74 million a year in addition to Dirk's 21 mil a year/Marion's 8 mil a year
Let's not forget most of these guys are role players, hardly the future of the franchise. Cuban put all his eggs in the basket for Deron/Dwight but I'm glad they didn't come to Dallas as they're both having disappointing seasons and have shown to be way overrated.

Now they are stuck in a bad place. CP3 doesn't seem to want to leave the Clippers with the year they are having. Howard's stock is falling and I can't believe they would be interested in him if he wants a max contract. Not many stars left even for this offseason. Iguodala if he opts out? Not many other impact players, I can see Dirk's frustration looking ahead.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
You ever hear the very famous saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? In other words.... it's better not to gamble when you already have something good. I just think if I was an owner after winning a championship like that in such a beautiful way the LAST thing on my mind would be the future or saving money... or swinging for a free agent home run.

What's even more troubling is anybody who knows basketball could see the way the Mavs were built they were a matchup nightmare for Miami and OKC both, whom would be the most likely teams they will have to go through the couple years following their title. In other words I truly feel the Mavs could still be a threat for the finals right now if they stayed together for another year or two (so let's say 4 seasons after that title).

I don't know if it was really a gamble. To me, if he had no clue if he could obtain Deron then it's undoubtedly a gamble. Deron teased him by saying that there is a strong possibility of him going there. That was enough to force Mark to blow everything up and turn Deron's interest into a contract. I do believe that he should have just re-signed everyone but there are zero teams in the NBA that would pass up on D-Will. Except for the teams with established point guards obviously.

And what the Mavericks did in 2011 was astonishing and very difficult to replicate. Jason Kidd was beastly on offense and brilliant on defense. Jason Terry was averaging over 20 points a game in the Finals. Now, he looks nearly retired with the Celtics. And Dirk was crap awful last year and injured for a huge portion of the season. He disappeared in the playoffs as well against the Thunder. Chandler is the only player who has sustained his effort. Asking all of these players I mentioned to get all the way to the Finals and beat the Heat for the second year in a row is very, very improbable.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I agree it was kind of a mistake to break up that team but that was A LOT of guys to try and re-sign. It's not like they didn't all want long multi-year contracts as well. That's a ton of commitment and money to the same guys who might fall on their past success and get lazy.

Chandler - 4 year contract worth about $56 million / 14 mil a year
Caron Butler - 3 year contract worth $24 million / 8 mil a year
JJ Barea - 4 year contract worth $18 million / 4.5 mil a year
Jason Terry - 3 year contract worth $15 million / 5 mil a year
Jason Kidd - 3 year contract worth $9 million / 3 mil a year
Deshaun Stevenson - 3 years worth $6.72 million / 2.24 mil a year

36.74 million a year in addition to Dirk's 21 mil a year/Marion's 8 mil a year
Let's not forget most of these guys are role players, hardly the future of the franchise. Cuban put all his eggs in the basket for Deron/Dwight but I'm glad they didn't come to Dallas as they're both having disappointing seasons and have shown to be way overrated.

Now they are stuck in a bad place. CP3 doesn't seem to want to leave the Clippers with the year they are having. Howard's stock is falling and I can't believe they would be interested in him if he wants a max contract. Not many stars left even for this offseason. Iguodala if he opts out? Not many other impact players, I can see Dirk's frustration looking ahead.

Due to Marion's success they could of easily afforded to let Butler walk. They made it without him anyways. Also Barea is a volume bench scorer which is easy to find and isn't a big loss. Stevenson did amazing in that system but otherwise is a very easily replaceable player. They could have let these lesser players walked and just kept Chandler, Kidd and Terry... in other words, the core of the team. That would have saved a ton of money but also let them contend for more titles IMO.

The Redemption
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't know if it was really a gamble. To me, if he had no clue if he could obtain Deron then it's undoubtedly a gamble. Deron teased him by saying that there is a strong possibility of him going there. That was enough to force Mark to blow everything up and turn Deron's interest into a contract. I do believe that he should have just re-signed everyone but there are zero teams in the NBA that would pass up on D-Will. Except for the teams with established point guards obviously.

And what the Mavericks did in 2011 was astonishing and very difficult to replicate. Jason Kidd was beastly on offense and brilliant on defense. Jason Terry was averaging over 20 points a game in the Finals. Now, he looks nearly retired with the Celtics. And Dirk was crap awful last year and injured for a huge portion of the season. He disappeared in the playoffs as well against the Thunder. Chandler is the only player who has sustained his effort. Asking all of these players I mentioned to get all the way to the Finals and beat the Heat for the second year in a row is very, very improbable.

Okay let's say worst case scenario they have a couple more WCF appearances before Dirk retires. Is that not better than what they are looking at now? Sure in 5 years they will be better obviously due to blowing it up sooner but it was a very bad move.

ALBballer
01-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Letting go of Chandler was the worst move since Top 5-10 centers are hard to come by especially one that fit so perfectly along side Dirk. JET, Barea, Stevenson, Butler are all replaceable.

shortsoptional
01-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Due to Marion's success they could of easily afforded to let Butler walk. They made it without him anyways. Also Barea is a volume bench scorer which is easy to find and isn't a big loss. Stevenson did amazing in that system but otherwise is a very easily replaceable player. They could have let these lesser players walked and just kept Chandler, Kidd and Terry... in other words, the core of the team. That would have saved a ton of money but also let them contend for more titles IMO.

Every one of those guys, including Dirk, played as well as they will ever play. It took Dirk going bonkers in several games to get them where they were. Those guys and that team of the same makeup had been bounced in the first round 3 of the 4 prior years.

The Redemption
01-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Every one of those guys, including Dirk, played as well as they will ever play. It took Dirk going bonkers in several games to get them where they were. Those guys and that team of the same makeup had been bounced in the first round 3 of the 4 prior years.

Wrong about it being the same team... Chandler's only year in Dallas. Dirk said all year long that Chandler was THE biggest change and difference on that team from previous years. Not to mention Marion only arrived 1 season earlier. So it was a different animal than the previous Mavs teams. They actually had great defense. I agree they all kinda played over their heads but that's just an opinion, it deserved a chance to prove us wrong.

miles berg
01-07-2013, 01:35 AM
No way you bring that team. As a Mavs fan that spends quite a bit of money every year on the Mavs product...I'd be pissed as hell right now if we were stuck with Chandlers albatross contract.

I understand Dirks frustration but he is the only loser in this deal, they weren't beating Miami last year with that same team.

The Redemption
01-07-2013, 01:37 AM
No way you bring that team. As a Mavs fan that spends quite a bit of money every year on the Mavs product...I'd be pissed as hell right now if we were stuck with Chandlers albatross contract.

I understand Dirks frustration but he is the only loser in this deal, they weren't beating Miami last year with that same team.

Lakers, Spurs etc have been 20 mill over the cap for this entire decade. It's the price you pay to win rings. Chandler got a hell of a lot but you don't break up a championship team over money, especially when your owner is a BILLIONAIRE.

Shepseskaf
01-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Mark is one of the most intelligent men in the world.
I don't really think so, but he's clearly a shrewd businessman. He outsmarted himself, though, with the decisions after the championship.

If Cuban had to do it again, I'd bet he would opt to keep the core of that team together.

The Redemption
01-07-2013, 01:42 AM
I don't really think so, but he's clearly a shrewd businessman. He outsmarted himself, though, with the decisions after the championship.

If Cuban had to do it again, I'd bet he would opt to keep the core of that team together.

Yes he would!

tpols
01-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Yes he would!
It didn't matter either way.. The thunder got better.. The heat got way better.. The west in general got stronger since 2011. The mavs needed historic performances from Dirk and huge step up games from guys like barea. There's a such a tiny chance they ever would've repeated or won again with that team. Mark did the right thing if he wanted more banners.. Take the risk at getting true superstars on the team.

Shepseskaf
01-07-2013, 01:59 AM
It didn't matter either way.. The thunder got better.. The heat got way better.. The west in general got stronger since 2011. The mavs needed historic performances from Dirk and huge step up games from guys like barea. There's a such a tiny chance they ever would've repeated or won again with that team. Mark did the right thing if he wanted more banners.. Take the risk at getting true superstars on the team.
Are Dwight and DWill superstars?

So, the West got stronger. What matters is that if the Mavs had kept the championship team they would have been in the top tier of competitors.

Cuban outsmarted himself.

DirkNowitzki41
01-07-2013, 02:49 AM
:(

Whoah10115
01-07-2013, 02:52 AM

Use YOUR head son.

You don't even realize Borat is laughing at your stupid ass.

Every one of your posts in this thread is stupid. Yes, Tyson will just randomly fall apart next year and blah blah. Success leads to success. The team should have kept Chandler and gone from there. When Kidd expired, moved for Williams. Cuban didn't move for Deron last year. He gave up once Howard wasn't on his way. He's waiting for a splash.

CF86, you have to get off Mayo. He's very good and that's just it so leave it be. He's stuck in the middle of Cuban's boredom. He's still having a great year. That was a great move but the team has no direction. And they won't.

So maybe people understand what I say when I say "May as well trade Dirk"...it's not that they should trade Dirk, it's that Cuban has sabotaged his team.

The Redemption
01-07-2013, 02:54 AM
My comments on Mayo aren't that he's bad. It's that some people put him on a pedestal as some sort of savior of the Mavs future when Dirk was gone and overhyped him BAD based on 20 games. I think Mayo is a good addition for the team and the Mavs put together a very solid offseason after looking like they might be devastated.

Whoah10115
01-07-2013, 03:02 AM
My comments on Mayo aren't that he's bad. It's that some people put him on a pedestal as some sort of savior of the Mavs future when Dirk was gone and overhyped him BAD based on 20 games. I think Mayo is a good addition for the team and the Mavs put together a very solid offseason after looking like they might be devastated.

There's no very solid with this team...They did a lot of great things but Kaman (who is still very good and playing great) is not the fit for this team, especially with Dirk back...maybe in the Javale role, but the Mavericks should have been going after Omer Asik. Cuban is too busy looking for Dwight again next year.

And Mayo had them doing great for a while. He's not being overhyped. He's been overhyped since he was a kid. His play this year is proof he's got a lot to offer...and the early year from will be back. Had Dirk come back earlier, he'd have been better off.

The Redemption
01-07-2013, 03:04 AM
I would think Collison+Mayo+Brand+Kaman additions would be paying off WAY more. They basically got a legit starting 5 younger than their previous one this summer.

bdreason
01-07-2013, 03:10 AM
That team wasn't repeating and Cuban did the right thing trying to bring in Dwight/Deron/CP3 or whatever legitimate superstar they could get.

And the NBA isn't built on hope, Dirk? Maybe he's never heard of the Draft Lottery. With the new CBA, building a contender through FA is going to be near impossible, which leaves the Draft Lottery as most teams only hope.

The truth is, Cuban should trade Dirk, because he's the one holding the franchise back. In the NBA, you either want to be really good, or really bad... and with a team of Dirk + vets, you almost insure mediocrity. Trust me, coming from a long-time Warriors fan, the last thing you want to do is finish 9th or 10th every season.

TheBigVeto
01-07-2013, 04:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8819298/dirk-nowitzki-questions-dallas-mavericks-offseason-moves-build-hope

Dirk for Green and Fab Melo, Boston can strengthen their run these last few years and Dallas can begin rebuilding.

Dirk, PP and KG frontline?
GOAT.

gasolina
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
People here have very short memories.

1. That Mavs 2011 run was the perfect dream scenario. Nobody expected them to win, nevertheless, make it past the first round. Fact is, they needed Super Saiyan Dirk and Terry + massive chokejobs by Oklahoma City and Lebron to make it. You can't bank on those things happening every time.

2. The Mavs started slowly after the lockout. Even if they got Chandler back, I don't think they can contend.

3. People were shitting their pants of Dallas possibility of having Dirk+Deron+Dwight.

RoboticWang
01-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Let's hope Dirk doesn't fade into retirement being stuck on a mediocre team.

brain drain
01-07-2013, 09:31 AM

1. That Mavs 2011 run was the perfect dream scenario. Nobody expected them to win, nevertheless, make it past the first round. Fact is, they needed Super Saiyan Dirk and Terry + massive chokejobs by Oklahoma City and Lebron to make it. You can't bank on those things happening every time.

2. The Mavs started slowly after the lockout. Even if they got Chandler back, I don't think they can contend.

3. People were shitting their pants of Dallas possibility of having Dirk+Deron+Dwight.

1. is only half true. Sure, people were surprised by the Mavs' success, because their record wan't that great and because the publich perception was they lost their second best player in Butler (which probably was a blessing in disguise).

However, Dallas (with Dirk) had been playing the best basketball throughout the whole season, which was only masked by Dirk missing 9 games. Dallas went 2-7 through those 89 games, so they rushed Dirk back and lost the next one as well while Dirk was still workig back into normal shape (shooting 2-7 against Memphis in 15 minutes of playing time).

So, if you take those 10 games with a 2-8 record off, you get a 55-18 record with healthy Dirk which means winning 75.3 of their games. Which would've been good for about 62 wins - and the best record in the league, tied with Chicago (but in the tougher conference) and one game ahead of the Spurs.

Floppy
01-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Mark is one of the most intelligent men in the world.
In his spare time he works on combining relativity and quantum theory.

Whoah10115
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't understand why this is so complicated. Cuban's reasons for not re-signing Chandler had to do with Dwight Howard. You sign Chandler and if Dwight is available then you look to trade Chandler...and that's assuming Howard shows interest.

Kidd expired this past Summer so he didn't have to re-sign Kidd. Kidd could have expired and Cuban then could have pursued Williams. It was a dream scenario for Dallas but Cuban got more obsessed with having the very thing he stuck his nose up at in Miami.

When they lost Chandler and then lost out on Howard (the minute he signed on for the year) he should have had his sights set on Omer Asik. Cuban knows basketball. He should have been looking in that direction. Sign Asik and you have the perfect guy for Dirk. You know how to build your team. You signed Kaman (who's a very good player and is playing very well) because he took a 1year deal. Did Cuban even go after Deron Williams? No, he did not. I bet if Howard was still available he would have wanted Deron. He sees the bigger splash in getting Paul next year. Chris Paul is not going to Dallas and that's a guarantee. Why would he leave the Clippers? If he does, he's going back home. Not to Dallas.

Collison was a great pickup and he's been good for them. But too much rotating and not enough direction, in a conference that is becoming more and more difficult.

Money 23
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
boozer+deng+teague+butler+1st for dirk+marion.

Noah
Dirk
Marion
Bellineli
Rose
Get it DONE ...

If Rose (god willing) comes back to form, along with Dirk for a season or two ... that team can win a championship IMO

ErhnamDjinn
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Let's hope Dirk doesn't fade into retirement being stuck on a mediocre team.
me too Dirk still has maybe 2-3 years of good play from him.

Y2Gezee
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM

Chandler's earning that contract. It ends in 2 years. I think he can continue at this level for that long. He'll only be 32.

But, I'm not mad at Mark for blowing it up. They had a nice chance to get a superstar last year, and I'm sure will lure someone soon. The truth is, I think he did a fine job building a team this offseason, Dirk's injury simply killed the season.

They had basically a brand new roster, and their superstar still is trying to get into the mix and isn't totally back. They are doomed and were from the start.

The run is over, but it can possibly re-start next year. The only way Mark can be blamed is if he allows himself to be bullied into making a bad move. If he can trade Dirk at the deadline (with Dirk's obvious blessing), that may be a good thing. But, when he decides to spend that money eventually and commit it to a player or 2...just needs to make sure its the right moves.

Y2Gezee
01-07-2013, 05:53 PM

That team had everything it needed to win a championship. It really wasn't as big a fluke as people want to make it out to be. It was a team perfectly built around Dirk.

They had great 3pt shooters, hitting open 3pt shots. Great ball movement spear headed by Dirk drawing doubles, and also JKidd and the 3pg rotation of Kidd/Terry/Barea. And they played good defense, lead by Chandler anchoring their matchup zone. A truly complete team. OKC and MIA were and are jumpshooting teams just like them, they just weren't as good at it or as good defensively that postseason. And give an MVP player like Dirk a lot of single coverage (because of the 3pt threat) and he will kill you.

They weren't some team that came from no where, they were a 57 win regular season team. That's awesome.

gasolina
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
They weren't some team that came from no where, they were a 57 win regular season team. That's awesome.
Yup but my point is that they weren't favorites to win at all. And had they kept Tyson, wouldn't be favorites to repeat in especially coming off a lockout.

Basically Cuban thought the chance to become elite the next 5 yrs >>>>>>>>>>>>> the slight chance to repeat. You can't fault him for that

Y2Gezee
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Yup but my point is that they weren't favorites to win at all. And had they kept Tyson, wouldn't be favorites to repeat in especially coming off a lockout.

Basically Cuban thought the chance to become elite the next 5 yrs >>>>>>>>>>>>> the slight chance to repeat. You can't fault him for that

Oh. Well, the favorites don't win a lot of the time. That's why they play the games. The playoffs are all about matchups, and that team was deep enough to matchup with anyone. The one and only reason that team surprised me by winning the title was because Butler was gone for the playoffs. But going into the Heat series, I won a lot of money betting on them.

The Lakers came into the season the favorites this year along with the Heat, and I don't think either win the title.

gasolina
01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
The Lakers came into the season the favorites this year along with the Heat, and I don't think either win the title.
:cheers:

:D

**** the lakers and the heat

MiseryCityTexas
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Tons of people including me criticized Cuban's decisoon to blow up that team. Where are the people who thought Mayo was the future of this team and 3rd best SG? Dude has vanished into thin air.

Mayo's like the best player on the team though with Dirk hurt.

DirkNowitzki41
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Mayo's like the best player on the team though with Dirk hurt.

Yep. That dude has no idea what he's talking about