PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard does not get touches...

Kiddlovesnets
01-07-2013, 01:51 AM
I find it funny people were even complaining about him, dude had a solid game 14/26 on 86% FG, what else is he supposed to do? Sure he made one big mistake having that rebound stolen, but I'd hardly consider the so-called assist to Gaillinari as his fault at all since all he was trying to do was to stop opponents from scoring. It was just unlucky, sometimes it happened.

The problem is, you get rusty if you do not get touches. Your guards jack up shots, and you feel little involved in the game. The bad effect is that once you get the ball, you become clueless what to do with it 'cause you havent had the ball for such a long while. I dare to say that Dwight with Magic or Nets would average 25/15. The reason why he underperforms in the Lakers team is that he aint being involved in the offense as he is supposed to, which is unfortunate. Dude shoots 86% from the field, and gets only 7 shots?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Dude had a pretty good first half. Went 6/7 iirc. Why did they stop going to him?

Pointguard
01-07-2013, 01:59 AM
I find it funny people were even complaining about him, dude had a solid game 14/16 on 86% FG, what else is he supposed to do? Sure he made one big mistake having that rebound stolen, but I'd hardly consider the so-called assist to Gaillinari as his fault at all since all he was trying to do was to stop opponents from scoring. It was just unlucky, sometimes it happened.

The problem is, you get rusty if you do not get touches. Your guards jack up shots, and you feel little involved in the game. The bad effect is that once you get the ball, you become clueless what to do with it 'cause you havent had the ball for such a long while. I dare to say that Dwight with Magic or Nets would average 25/15. The reason why he underperforms in the Lakers team is that he aint being involved in the offense as he is supposed to, which is unfortunate. Dude shoots 86% from the field, and gets only 7 shots?

You are right.

Your typo sold him short, he had an outstanding game 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks, along with shooting 86%.

mjokc
01-07-2013, 01:59 AM
This is because Howard almost instantly gets stripped anytime he has the ball and can't shoot.

Kiddlovesnets
01-07-2013, 02:00 AM
You are right.

Your typo sold him short, he had an outstanding game 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks, along with shooting 86%.

Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out, 14/26 not 14/16.
:pimp:

no pun intended
01-07-2013, 02:02 AM
This is because Howard almost instantly gets stripped anytime he has the ball and can't shoot.
This.

Though I have to admit that I don't know why the Lakers don't run more pick and rolls with him rather than having him post down low.

kennethgriffin
01-07-2013, 02:03 AM
I find it funny people were even complaining about him, dude had a solid game 14/26 on 86% FG, what else is he supposed to do? Sure he made one big mistake having that rebound stolen, but I'd hardly consider the so-called assist to Gaillinari as his fault at all since all he was trying to do was to stop opponents from scoring. It was just unlucky, sometimes it happened.

i find it funny how you create a thread about a guy who has zero offensive moves not getting the ball enough

his entire game is built on the greatness of others spoon feeding him. and half the time he can't finish the and 1 he was set up for. then bricks the 2 freebee's

what he needs is to learn some real back down moves and footwork so he can go one on one without tripping over his own 2 feet

The_Yearning

Why didn't he then? I dare say you're a moron.

Rekindled
dwight howard shouldnt get any touches cuz 99% of the times he gets stripped or fouled and miss fts

BMOGEFan
01-07-2013, 02:05 AM
of course this fool has a high percentage. He doesn't make the attempt to shoot because it gets stripped well before he attempts to shoot..

dazzer87
01-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Howard goes 6/7 and 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks and lakers fans still hating on him..........unreal.....:facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
01-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Howard goes 6/7 and 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks and lakers fans still hating on him..........unreal.....:facepalm

Yeah, I find it hilarious tbh. Put him in the Nets and hes a 25/15 player. Seriously, the fact that their team does not know how to use Dwight does not indicate hes a bad player. Remember how Melo stink early last year shooting 38% from the field? Now hes a MVP candidate.

kennethgriffin
01-07-2013, 02:11 AM

you can be efficient. but at the same time a void on the offensive end. his decision making is also pathetic.

i think people are trying to point out that he is never in a position to score unless he's spoon fed.

if bynum played tonight he would be a viable option offensively allong with the great rebounding numbers.

you can just dump it into bynum and he goes to work 1 on 1

howard cant

dazzer87
01-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Like the hate Shaq and Magic gets now from these fans. They call themselves "lakers fans"??? Shaq and Magic = 8 rings......

shadow
01-07-2013, 02:36 AM
^It's not hate he really does keep getting stripped or turning the ball over. It happens a lot. They can't post him up. Someone else suggested PnRs with him and that makes sense, but tell that to the coach.

BMOGEFan
01-07-2013, 02:38 AM
^It's not hate he really does keep getting stripped or turning the ball over. It happens a lot. They can't post him up. Someone else suggested PnRs with him and that makes sense, but tell that to the coach.

you cannot run the PnR with this bumbling idiot.

He can't catch a damn bounce pass...how you gonna set him up for pick and rolls.

shadow
01-07-2013, 03:22 AM
you cannot run the PnR with this bumbling idiot.

He can't catch a damn bounce pass...how you gonna set him up for pick and rolls.
ugh...you're right..he's started fumbling passes too lately. He's turning into Kwame Brown...

pauk
01-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Dude had a pretty good first half. Went 6/7 iirc. Why did they stop going to him?

Ask Kobe and his need for ~30 FGA, no pun intended, i think Kobe is playing great but it is a team game, so he really needs to find out how to complement Dwights (and others perhaps) game the best...

Pinkhearts
01-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Not sure if we're watching the same games. I remember the Lakers game plan is to give Dwight the ball every time and he keeps fumbling it, especially the previous game (I didn't watch the latest game). You can't hardly complain about Dwight not getting touches, he got plenty and isn't doing much with it.

Nick Young
01-07-2013, 06:42 AM
This.

Though I have to admit that I don't know why the Lakers don't run more pick and rolls with him rather than having him post down low.
Nash's bounce passes bounce off Howards hands, or Howard gets the ball and instead of keeping it high, he brings it low and takes an unneeded dribble and gets stripped or fouled. He's good at finished lobs for alleyoops though

Doctor Rivers
01-07-2013, 06:47 AM

agreed.

poido123
01-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Nash's bounce passes bounce off Howards hands, or Howard gets the ball and instead of keeping it high, he brings it low and takes an unneeded dribble and gets stripped or fouled. He's good at finished lobs for alleyoops though

Why isn't the coach getting on him about that? Or even Kobe can give Howard the heads up. No point ignoring Howard on offense, that will certainly ensure Lakers won't win a title.

Nick Young
01-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Why isn't the coach getting on him about that? Or even Kobe can give Howard the heads up. No point ignoring Howard on offense, that will certainly ensure Lakers won't win a title.
They aren't ignoring Howard on offense did you actually watch the game? In the first half they went to him nearly every time down the court. :facepalm

Coaches probably tell him things he's been hearing his whole and he ignores it. For example "Keep the ball up high Dwight!" basic bigmen fundamentals he ignores.

FT advice from Steve Nash Howard said he ignored

Hakeem telling the press that D12 is the only player not using the things he taught him.

Ignoring Bill Russells advice on blocking technique by continuing to swat everything out of bounds.

Howard doesn't listen to anyone, he acts like someone who was never told no in his life and shuts down when he hears it.

Pinkhearts
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Sounds like a guy too dumb to learn new things. Gets confused and stressed when presented with new info so he rejects it and keeps doing what he does. I know many such people

15yearmagicfan
01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Lakers need to scrap everything and change offense to inside out. It works with Dwight, they need to change the system. Its not working. Cant possibly do any worse.

Nick Young
01-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Lakers need to scrap everything and change offense to inside out. It works with Dwight, they need to change the system. Its not working. Cant possibly do any worse.
Dwight ball will never win a title.

SVG's system in Orlando allowed Dwight to get his at the expense of the entire team.

No team will ever win it all with Dwight Howard as the first option.

Magic were never legit contenders, they got out of the east once when KG was hurt. Perennial 3 seed in the east is not a big accomplishment.

Building an offense around Dwight when you have Nash, Gasol and Bryant is the most foolish thing anyone can ever do.

The clown can't even run a basic pick and roll consistently, while playing with one of the best pick and roll guards of all time.

Nick Young
01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a guy too dumb to learn new things. Gets confused and stressed when presented with new info so he rejects it and keeps doing what he does. I know many such people
It's because he believes he's good enough to carry a team to a title, he believes he's an elite scorer, he swallows up the media hype and everyone around him probably does nothing but prop him up too.

Blue&Orange
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM

howard cant
Right, that's why Bynum would literally scream at teammates to pass him the ball :lol

That's why Lakers fans were constantly writing essays on how bynum shouldn't get more touches.

The problem here is that Howard shatted on Kobe publicly and the kobef@ggotts took an issue with it.

Blue&Orange
01-07-2013, 08:57 AM
But yeah keeps bashing howard, rest of the world is laughing knowing you guys traded Bynum for a guy that is going to walk. :lol

15yearmagicfan
01-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Dwight ball will never win a title.

SVG's system in Orlando allowed Dwight to get his at the expense of the entire team.

No team will ever win it all with Dwight Howard as the first option.

Magic were never legit contenders, they got out of the east once when KG was hurt. Perennial 3 seed in the east is not a big accomplishment.

Building an offense around Dwight when you have Nash, Gasol and Bryant is the most foolish thing anyone can ever do.

The clown can't even run a basic pick and roll consistently, while playing with one of the best pick and roll guards of all time.

This would improve the team immensely Title talk is a looooooong away from this team. Comparing is meaningless with completely different team even though they were 2 wins from a title.

Lakers need huge overhaul from current approach and I'm trying to be constructive. You think they should remain the same and hope it turns around?

Nick Young
01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
This would improve the team immensely Title talk is a looooooong away from this team. Comparing is meaningless with completely different team even though they were 2 wins from a title.

Lakers need huge overhaul from current approach and I'm trying to be constructive. You think they should remain the same and hope it turns around?
2 wins from a title, that's one way to put it:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank Stan Van Gundy for that, he made Dwight look like a dominant offensive force and made Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu look like allstars.

Building around Dwight is the opposite of constructive. He is mentally too immature to lead a franchise to a title, plus doesn't have the skill to do it either.

plowking
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Dwight keeps getting stripped? Really?

Hes averaging the second lowest amount of turnovers this year compared to the last 7 hes played. Stop acting as if this is some giant issue, when really it isn't.

ILLsmak
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
dwight howard shouldnt get any touches cuz 99% of the times he gets stripped or fouled and miss fts

Anyone who can get 26 rebounds gets touches. That's why they used to let Rodman shoot 3s. Everyone is so rigid about what can and can't happen. If a player is working that hard, you reward them.

-Smak

Nick Young
01-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Anyone who can get 26 rebounds gets touches. That's why they used to let Rodman shoot 3s. Everyone is so rigid about what can and can't happen. If a player is working that hard, you reward them.

-Smak
He isnt working that hard, his defense has been pretty shit for a 3 time DPoTY. McGee was styling on him yesterday and Lawson was going at him with no fear.

JerryWest
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
He doesn't deserve touches when he always turns the ****ing ball over! :mad:

ShaqAttack3234
01-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Not that this is the same Dwight Howard, but he actually was close to that 2 years ago at 23/14 for the season, probably a little higher after the Gortat trade, I know he did average 26/15 for 2 months that year so the 25/15 numbers were not always much of an exaggeration.

if bynum played tonight he would be a viable option offensively allong with the great rebounding numbers.

You can dump it into Bynum and expect him not to pass no matter what. One of the big complaints I see from Laker fans is that Howard takes the team out of rhythm offensively, but that was also one of the biggest complaints about Bynum. Not to mention that Bynum's post game still wouldn't be featured much in D'Antoni's offense and the defense would still be terrible. Bynum trying to run at the pace D'Antoni is stubbornly insisting on playing at would be a joke.

Scholar
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I loved that the Lakers were going to Pau and D12 in the post in the first quarter, but then they went back to their outside game, which clearly isn't working any more.

STATUTORY
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Not that this is the same Dwight Howard, but he actually was close to that 2 years ago at 23/14 for the season, probably a little higher after the Gortat trade, I know he did average 26/15 for 2 months that year so the 25/15 numbers were not always much of an exaggeration.

You can dump it into Bynum and expect him not to pass no matter what. One of the big complaints I see from Laker fans is that Howard takes the team out of rhythm offensively, but that was also one of the biggest complaints about Bynum. Not to mention that Bynum's post game still wouldn't be featured much in D'Antoni's offense and the defense would still be terrible. Bynum trying to run at the pace D'Antoni is stubbornly insisting on playing at would be a joke.

bynum may be a black hole but he's a productive black hole with ability to score on any bigs in 1 on 1 situation and even against double. Dwight leads the team in turnover rates, constantly gets stripped whenever he tries a move and throws the ball away, like he did in a crucial moment yesterday, when there's pressure.

y u always trying to prop up Dwight by shietting on Andrew? Andrew is an injury prone Mr. Glass but that doesn't mean Dwight's got post game

ShaqAttack3234
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
bynum may be a black hole but he's a productive black hole with ability to score on any bigs in 1 on 1 situation and even against double. Dwight leads the team in turnover rates, constantly gets stripped whenever he tries a move and throws the ball away, like he did in a crucial moment yesterday, when there's pressure.

y u always trying to prop up Dwight by shietting on Andrew? Andrew is an injury prone Mr. Glass but that doesn't mean Dwight's got post game

Dwight's post game hasn't looked very good this year, I'm not claiming that about Dwight this season. He looks worse from a skill standpoint than he has in 4-5 years, and he looks worse than ever from an athletic standpoint making him worse than he's been since his 3rd season as a 21 year old.

But Bynum really isn't that productive as a black hole. He had a good year individually last season, but the best I've seen Bynum as far as effectiveness and impact on the team was after the all-star break in 2011. With Kobe, Pau and Odom, he wasn't a scoring option, just a finisher who focused on defense and rebounding. His post game didn't even come into play during that stretch and it was the biggest impact I've seen him make.

When Laker fans complained about Bynum's inability/unwillingness to pass, it actually was a valid complaint. Phil said the same thing during an interview after last season, that he takes a lot of the other players, especially Gasol out of their game.

And you're missing another point, how would Bynum be productive with THIS team? His main value defensively is the impact his length makes around the rim, although when he was scoring option last year, he didn't make the same difference he's capable of making defensively. And with this team, his lack of speed and effort could potentially make the transition defense even worse, and his inability to defend screen/rolls would be another problem.

Then offensively, he simply wouldn't be getting many touches, certainly no more than Dwight is now, and Bynum would be unhappy about it. He's complained about touches for years.

Here are Bynum's numbers last year vs Dwight's this year.

Bynum- 18.7 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 1.4 apg, 2.5 TO, 1.9 bpg, 55.8 FG%, 69.2 FT%, 35.2 mpg
Howard- 17.3 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 1.8 apg, 3.2 TO, 2.6 bpg, 56.9 FG%, 50.8 FT%, 36.2 mpg

Bynum scored a little more, but with more opportunities to score in the post, overall production is about the same, and Bynum's assist to turnover ratio is the exact same as Dwight's, 0.56.

You wouldn't be able to play through him any more than they are Dwight because of that same problem. Bynum is better at keeping the ball high which is what causes quite a few of Dwight's turnovers, but he's still not getting anyone involved. You can't just catch the ball in the post, and look for your own shot every time. Being able to score is only part of the equation, learning when to pass and how to react to double teams is the other part.

STATUTORY
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Dwight's post game hasn't looked very good this year, I'm not claiming that about Dwight this season. He looks worse from a skill standpoint than he has in 4-5 years, and he looks worse than ever from an athletic standpoint making him worse than he's been since his 3rd season as a 21 year old.

But Bynum really isn't that productive as a black hole. He had a good year individually last season, but the best I've seen Bynum as far as effectiveness and impact on the team was after the all-star break in 2011. With Kobe, Pau and Odom, he wasn't a scoring option, just a finisher who focused on defense and rebounding. His post game didn't even come into play during that stretch and it was the biggest impact I've seen him make.

When Laker fans complained about Bynum's inability/unwillingness to pass, it actually was a valid complaint. Phil said the same thing during an interview after last season, that he takes a lot of the other players, especially Gasol out of their game.

And you're missing another point, how would Bynum be productive with THIS team? His main value defensively is the impact his length makes around the rim, although when he was scoring option last year, he didn't make the same difference he's capable of making defensively. And with this team, his lack of speed and effort could potentially make the transition defense even worse, and his inability to defend screen/rolls would be another problem.

Then offensively, he simply wouldn't be getting many touches, certainly no more than Dwight is now, and Bynum would be unhappy about it. He's complained about touches for years.

Here are Bynum's numbers last year vs Dwight's this year.

Bynum- 18.7 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 1.4 apg, 2.5 TO, 1.9 bpg, 55.8 FG%, 69.2 FT%, 35.2 mpg
Howard- 17.3 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 1.8 apg, 3.2 TO, 2.6 bpg, 56.9 FG%, 50.8 FT%, 36.2 mpg

Bynum scored a little more, but with more opportunities to score in the post, overall production is about the same, and Bynum's assist to turnover ratio is the exact same as Dwight's, 0.56.

You wouldn't be able to play through him any more than they are Dwight because of that same problem. Bynum is better at keeping the ball high which is what causes quite a few of Dwight's turnovers, but he's still not getting anyone involved. You can't just catch the ball in the post, and look for your own shot every time. Being able to score is only part of the equation, learning when to pass and how to react to double teams is the other part.

I'm not saying bynum would been better with dantoni. nor am I saying that lakers shouldn't have made that trade because Bynum's injury concern is always a nagging concern and you can't pencil him in for 70 games a season

what I'm saying is that in a vacuum, ignoring injuries, Bynum is a much more talented offensive big than Dwight Howard. And Dwight Howard has been dissapointing given his hype, regardless of Andrew's production.

I just don't respect Howard's game, flat out. I think he's the serendipitous product of an era where the two guys that should have legitimately dominated the center position, Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden, were both afflicted with terrible injuries.

ShaqAttack3234
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm not saying bynum would been better with dantoni. nor am I saying that lakers shouldn't have made that trade because Bynum's injury concern is always a nagging concern and you can't pencil him in for 70 games a season

what I'm saying is that in a vacuum, ignoring injuries, Bynum is a much more talented offensive big than Dwight Howard. And Dwight Howard has been dissapointing given his hype, regardless of Andrew's production.

I just don't respect Howard's game, flat out. I think he's the serendipitous product of an era where the two guys that should have legitimately dominated the center position, Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden, were both afflicted with terrible injuries.

Ok, fair enough and we're on the same page as far as the first part. I don't agree with everything you said, though because without injuries, we may still be seeing 2011 Dwight. That Dwight was a better offensive player than Bynum, maybe not more skilled, but the huge difference in mobility and athleticism makes up for that, imo. Dwight wasn't only an MVP candidate in 2011 because of his defense, that was the year his offense was pretty close to catching up to his defense.

I would have liked to have seen Bynum and Oden without injuries, both have/had a ton of potential, but you're also forgetting Yao. What we saw from him in early '06-'07 gave a glimpse of a potential MVP center. Yao would still only be 32, and he's essentially been done since his injury in the '09 playoffs.

2010splash
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Dwight isn't skilled or talented enough to average 25/15. His best years were a mere fluke because somebody had to score on marginally talented teams like his Magic. He is now being exposed for the glorified role player that he is. A glorified Mutombo with less shot blocking basically. He ain't no superstar.

STATUTORY
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Ok, fair enough and we're on the same page as far as the first part. I don't agree with everything you said, though because without injuries, we may still be seeing 2011 Dwight. That Dwight was a better offensive player than Bynum, maybe not more skilled, but the huge difference in mobility and athleticism makes up for that, imo. Dwight wasn't only an MVP candidate in 2011 because of his defense, that was the year his offense was pretty close to catching up to his defense.

I would have liked to have seen Bynum and Oden without injuries, both have/had a ton of potential, but you're also forgetting Yao. What we saw from him in early '06-'07 gave a glimpse of a potential MVP center. Yao would still only be 32, and he's essentially been done since his injury in the '09 playoffs.

drew lost a ton of mobility and athleticism following his first injury. Whether that was just a unavoidable result of his anatomy or some freak accident is debatable but he never regained his hops or agility after that.

Yao too, he always played Dwight hard when they matched up. Even an old Shaq was able to give dwight fits.

Anyway I'm very excited about the new generation of bigs in this league, there's an influx of talent at the center position in a way that was missing in the 2000s. Guys like Monroe, Cousins, Drummond, Asik, are all incredibly promising and have the right balance of size/coordination/touch. U should be pretty happy as well since I remember you mention you are a fan of the post game.

ShaqAttack3234
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
drew lost a ton of mobility and athleticism following his first injury. Whether that was just a unavoidable result of his anatomy or some freak accident is debatable but he never regained his hops or agility after that.

Yao too, he always played Dwight hard when they matched up. Even an old Shaq was able to give dwight fits.

Anyway I'm very excited about the new generation of bigs in this league, there's an influx of talent at the center position in a way that was missing in the 2000s. Guys like Monroe, Cousins, Drummond, Asik, are all incredibly promising and have the right balance of size/coordination/touch. U should be pretty happy as well since I remember you mention you are a fan of the post game.

You're right, Drew was much more athletic before his '08 injury. Personally, I think Yao would have been the best of the 4, with his post scoring, soft touch at 7'6" and his improved physicality around the '06 season which resulted in a lot of free throws that he knocked down at 85%. That's just such a unique skill set. Obviously, he had chronic injury problems, but I wonder what would have happened had he not landed on a Clipper player's foot in '06-'07 and played for the Chinese team. That injury that in '06-'07 was actually a freak injury and he did bounce back from it and come back healthy for the playoffs, but prior to that, he was putting up 27/10 and carrying Houston on his back with Van Gundy running so much through him and T-Mac injured and unproductive to start that season. I just hope his injuries don't affect his quality of life too much at this point.

Another thing about Yao is that he was a better teammate and more humble than guys like Howard, Bynum and Cousins. You are right, though, there's some interesting young big men with a lot of potential. A key is health because so many talented big men get injured, or in Cousins case, his head. I have to watch more Piston games. I have liked what I've seen from Monroe the last few years, especially his passing which is no surprise coming from Georgetown. From what I've heard, and the little I've seen Drummond seems to be a lot better than I thought. Based on his play at UConn, I didn't think he was ready to contribute in the NBA.

Purch
01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Nash is really trying to find a balence. He seems to force the ball downlow to Dwight early in the games, run pick and rolsl later in 2nd and third quarter, and try to let kobe fully establish himself later in the game by finding him in post ups.

KingLeBronJames
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
People don't see that Dwight get's stripped of the too much and too easily? That's why he doesn't get enough touches in most games.

BMOGEFan
01-07-2013, 03:26 PM
People don't see that Dwight get's stripped of the too much and too easily? That's why he doesn't get enough touches in most games.

How are people calculating touches? Based on box score FG attempts?

You people need to realize that he gets stripped, fouled, or fumbles the ball before the FG attempt is even able to be recorded. When he fumbles the ball, its a turnover on the other guy.

If you calculate everything, he gets more than 40 touches a game.

Kobe on the other hand, just shoots the ball when he gets it, so he probably gets around 25 touches a game. (Plus a few more with his assists)

andgar923
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
The problem isn't Howard not getting touches, I think the main issue here is how and when he does.

You simply can't just feed him the ball and have him go to work, he's not polished in the post. If he doesn't get good position he's not gonna be as effective.

The Lakers have to run plays that make him more of a threat, plays that the Magic ran, ya'll know, when he was actually considered the best most dominant player in the league. And those are high pick and rolls.

If you put Howard on the top and run pick and rolls with either he and Kobe, he and Pau or he and Nash he'll be hard to stop once he gets a running start to the rim and the defense is on its toes in trying to decide who to cover. The triangle gave its big men these type of looks, it put pressure on the defense and forced them to pick their poison. What this new system does, is force one on one play which is why Kobe is taking so many shots. It isn't Kobe's fault entirely, since the proper sets aren't called. If there isn't high pick and rolls, coming off curls, or other sets called on a consistent basis Kobe will be in more one on one situations and he'll take advantage of that.

They truly need Nash to handle the ball more, have Pau and/or Dwight setting screens while Kobe flashes through. He can read the court the best and make the proper decisions and execute.

The best scenario is a more balanced attack, better ball movement, higher quality shots and a willingness to play cohesive and determined defense, since offense and defense are correlated.

chazzy
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
They truly need Nash to handle the ball more
He's the primary ball handler now

andgar923
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
He's the primary ball handler now

didn't say he wasn't. I said he needs to handle it "more".

chazzy
01-07-2013, 04:01 PM
didn't say he wasn't. I said he needs to handle it "more".
How much more? He had 13 assists last night and is averaging 9 a game in 32 mins. The offense has been fine.

andgar923
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
How much more? He had 13 assists last night and is averaging 9 a game in 32 mins. The offense has been fine.

Depends on the game/moment.

Naturally he's just getting back and the lakers are started to gel together. I didn't watch last night's game, but the Clipper loss was an example in which he should've had more possessions.

coin24
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Why do people comment in here that don't watch games?:confusedshrug:
Omg dwight was 6-8 they should have gone to him more:facepalm
What about the 10 other times u pass it to him, he puts it on the floor and gets stripped. Especially when he tries one of his slow motion post moves..

Rysio
01-07-2013, 04:18 PM
...and thank god he doesnt. :applause:

CAstill
01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I watched the Nuggets players laugh at us and light up with smiles
every time we passed it to Howard last night. It was like free
turnovers and steals 50% of the time he touched it. The other
half he just missed or got fouled and missed the ft's lol.

15yearmagicfan
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
2 wins from a title, that's one way to put it:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank Stan Van Gundy for that, he made Dwight look like a dominant offensive force and made Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu look like allstars.

Building around Dwight is the opposite of constructive. He is mentally too immature to lead a franchise to a title, plus doesn't have the skill to do it either.

yes thats called a fact chief, 2 wins. SVG was a better coach then the two clowns the lakers used this year. I'm not saying that inside/out will lead to a title but atleast a .500 record. The team is awful. Keep doing what they are doing and they won't make the playoffs. Thats another fact.