PDA

View Full Version : Lets be real here, the Heat already won the title this season

StateOfMind12
01-08-2013, 05:45 AM
nobody is going to beat and stop this team from repeating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738Hbps-zOo

Kews1
01-08-2013, 05:46 AM
false, finals havnt happend yet.

StateOfMind12
01-08-2013, 05:48 AM
false, finals havnt happend yet.
Why does it matter if they have happened yet or not? Everyone knows what the result will be.

It will just be this.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/lebron-james-nba-championship.jpg

Kews1
01-08-2013, 05:49 AM
it could be, but it also might not be, stranger things have happened

Screamingdoom
01-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Lakers will beat them

LoneyROY7
01-08-2013, 05:50 AM
You're right on time.

Fudge
01-08-2013, 05:51 AM
Jeff and RG have got to be friends in real life. :oldlol: How's this kid not perma banned yet?

StateOfMind12
01-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Lakers will beat them
Focus on getting in the playoffs first, kid.

it could be, but it also might not be, stranger things have happened
Injuries is the only thing stopping them but since Lebron is not human and plays every game, it won't be a problem.

Kiddlovesnets
01-08-2013, 06:27 AM
I thought this only happens to the Knicks? These are the fans who claim themselves to have won the title every year before pre-season begins.
:rolleyes:

maybeshewill13
01-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Jeff and RG have got to be friends in real life. :oldlol: How's this kid not perma banned yet?
He must click ads..

wally_world
01-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah of course, this is why we dont play the playoffs and just give out titles to the FOURTH (4th lol) best team in the league a week into new year.

Michael_Wilbon
01-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I thought this only happens to the Knicks? These are the fans who claim themselves to have won the title every year before pre-season begins.
:rolleyes:

:lol so mad :lol

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Lakers will beat them

At what ? Baseball?

alleykat
01-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Lets be really real here.....they didn't

kaiteng
01-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Have the Heat won 4 consecutive playoff series this season yet? If not, then NO. :confusedshrug:

ZeN
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Lakers will beat them
:oldlol:

demons2005
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Have the Heat won 4 consecutive playoff series this season yet? If not, then NO. :confusedshrug:lol i agree with the conclusion but that's a dumb way to phrase it. just say they havne't won the finals yet because that implies they won 4 playoff series because you have to win the first 3 to play the finals

red1
01-08-2013, 03:53 PM
I will laugh if okc gets revenge this year

StateOfMind12
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Have the Heat won 4 consecutive playoff series this season yet? If not, then NO. :confusedshrug:
lol at thinking they won't. who stands a chance? I'll tell you, NOBODY. They already won dude, deal with it.

imdaman99
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
fast forward to june when its the warriors vs pacers in the finals. we all lose :eek:

Kurosawa0
01-08-2013, 04:37 PM
fast forward to june when its the warriors vs pacers in the finals. we all lose :eek:

I'd be alright with the Warriors, but the Pacers? Ugh! :(

TMT
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Ba-da-douche!

That's why they play the games. You can fill them in for the ECF, because the East sucks. But the Knicks will give them a run for their money and exploit them with their size. Boston I don't see making it that far. West will be a test for them this year though.

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Ba-da-douche!

That's why they play the games. You can fill them in for the ECF, because the East sucks. But the Knicks will give them a run for their money and exploit them with their size. Boston I don't see making it that far. West will be a test for them this year though.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

TMT
01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Great intellectual and insightful post. Your basketball intelligence once again amazes us all. :applause: You're a joke.

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Great intellectual and insightful post. Your basketball intelligence once again amazes us all. :applause: You're a joke.

Its going to be an even easier run for Miami this season than it was last year. Other teams should be praying Bosh/Wade get hurt again just so they have a chance. Miami probably sweeps whatever soft teams comes out the west.

StateOfMind12
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Ba-da-douche!

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

mehyaM24
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
after the knicks and celtics(who are old and injury prone), the east is garbage. miami may not even get past the second round if they competed in the western conference. :oldlol:

TMT
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Its going to be an even easier run for Miami this season than it was last year. Other teams should be praying Bosh/Wade get hurt again just so they have a chance. Miami probably sweeps whatever soft teams comes out the west.

You truly are an unintelligent Lebron fanboy, aren't you?
Using your homer opinions to respond to others yet using zero facts to back them up.

Tell me, how exactly do they solve their rebounding issues? They are currently one of the worst in the league.

What happens when their bench inconsistencies continue in the playoffs? The second unit has fallen off this season. Ray is really the only role player they can rely on at this point and has only been playing so-so.

How are they going defend the bigs of other squads? Chris Bosh can't handle the Tyson Chandlers, Al Horfords, Roy Hibberts, Joakim Noahs, and Brook Lopezs through a playoff run.

What happens when calls don't go their way? (Doubtful, but a possibility) When the officials aren't giving them the benefit of the doubt, lately they have been playing down to the levels of other inferior teams such as the Bucks, Magic, Pistons and Bulls. How do they handle this?

A lot of questions to be answered. And I would like to know the opinion of one who seems to have them all, Mr. SilkShocker.

longtime lurker
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM

Yeah just like they've done the past 2 years :rolleyes:

DaSeba5
01-08-2013, 05:08 PM
The sad thing is that this thread will make people hate the Heat more, and they will take it out on us as if we are the ones making these threads.

TMT
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

You and Silk should be best buddies. Your mutual low basketball IQ makes a great match.

longtime lurker
01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
You and Silk should be best buddies. Your mutual low basketball IQ makes a great match.

They're probably the same guy, too bad they've never met each other

TMT
01-08-2013, 09:38 PM
They're probably the same guy, too bad they've never met each other

Figures they have no answers to my questions. No basketball savvy whatsoever. Just kids who turn into sportscenter to checkout the highlights. And Heat/Lebron fans wonder why they get so much crap. :lol

StateOfMind12
01-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Figures they have no answers to my questions. No basketball savvy whatsoever. Just kids who turn into sportscenter to checkout the highlights. And Heat/Lebron fans wonder why they get so much crap. :lol
What is your question? Well, the answer is the Heat already won a title this season, most teams should just save themselves the embarrassment.

Kews1
01-08-2013, 10:13 PM
What is your question? Well, the answer is the Heat already won a title this season, most teams should just save themselves the embarrassment.

you must have a time machine

lilgodfather1
01-08-2013, 10:22 PM
We already won, we already won, and ain't no need to play no more games.

Seriously though it's not even half way through yet. There are ton of teams that could give the Heat a good run for their money, and they're playing one right now.

EasyD
01-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Remember the last time the Heatles believed that they had already won... :pimp:

TMT
01-08-2013, 11:07 PM

You truly are an unintelligent Lebron fanboy, aren't you?
Using your homer opinions to respond to others yet using zero facts to back them up.

Tell me, how exactly do they solve their rebounding issues? They are currently one of the worst in the league.

What happens when their bench inconsistencies continue in the playoffs? The second unit has fallen off this season. Ray is really the only role player they can rely on at this point and has only been playing so-so.

How are they going defend the bigs of other squads? Chris Bosh can't handle the Tyson Chandlers, Al Horfords, Roy Hibberts, Joakim Noahs, and Brook Lopezs through a playoff run.

What happens when calls don't go their way? (Doubtful, but a possibility) When the officials aren't giving them the benefit of the doubt, lately they have been playing down to the levels of other inferior teams such as the Bucks, Magic, Pistons and Bulls. How do they handle this?

A lot of questions to be answered. And I would like to know the opinion of one who seems to have them all, Mr. SilkShocker.

Not to mention their defense is no where near championship caliber right now.

Your a moron. Can't wait to bump this thread when Lebron tears his ACL or something.

PJR
01-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Last time I checked, Miami played a Tyson Chandler and Roy Hibbert in last years post-season, having the the same personnel they do now, and they ended up fairing quite well. Hell, Miami beat Indiana WITHOUT Bosh.

Here's the sobering reality for suckas like you: Teams will have a hell alot of more time containing James & Wade duo, along with another elite 1-1 player for his respective posistion in Bosh for 40+ minutes, then Miami will have trouble keeping those slightly above average bigs from imposing their will consistently

Nuff said.

Cali Syndicate
01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
crazy how big a front runner this dude is. dude was rocking RW and KD avatars all last season then all of a sudden sports Lebron.

And now he's jockin Harden even though he was bashing him hard last season.

Wonder whose fan you'll be if the heat drop the ball?

TMT
01-08-2013, 11:23 PM
The Knicks weren't nearly the team they are this year, even without Amare not even 100%. They lost to the Pacers tonight without Danny Granger.

At this point the Heat are going to have to think about actually defending teams instead of having the mentality of "no one can guard us".

PJR
01-08-2013, 11:56 PM
At this point the Heat are going to have to think about actually defending teams instead of having the mentality of "no one can guard us".

You keeping thinking that. :oldlol:

Meanwhile come April, and Miami's effort and intesity is ratcheted up. And they're playing engaged 5 guys on a string defense, en route to ANOTHER Finals appearance...I'll be here to remind how meaningless those singular game samples in Janurary were.

StateOfMind12
01-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Not to mention their defense is no where near championship caliber right now.

Your a moron. Can't wait to bump this thread when Lebron tears his ACL or something.
Heat always coast, lol at thinking they give a shit about the regular season when they just won a title. Every team that is a dynasty coasts in following seasons.

The only way the Heat won't win it all is if Lebron or Bosh are seriously hurt. They are a lock in any other situation. Deal with it.

jimmy77x
01-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Heat always coast, lol at thinking they give a shit about the regular season when they just won a title. Every team that is a dynasty coasts in following seasons.

The only way the Heat won't win it all is if Lebron or Bosh are seriously hurt. They are a lock in any other situation. Deal with it.

Since when are they a dynasty? dont you have to win multiple chips to be considered that?

Michael_Wilbon
01-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Take it easy on him, he's just a child.

R.I.P
01-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Lakers, Heats, Hawk all lost. Good day so far. :cheers:

Fudge
01-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Hold on hold on, so after 1 ring, this Heat team is now a "dynasty"?

:roll:

red1
01-09-2013, 12:47 AM
op I said the same thing after the decision

red1
01-09-2013, 12:48 AM
most talented team doesn't always win. sure doesnt hurt though :yaohappy:

Mr. Jabbar
01-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Lol theres like 2 teams in the east that can beat them, plus 3-4 teams in the west that can smoke em. Op on drugs, dont let that fluke/ref driven 2012 ring f00l ya.

KOBE143
01-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Lets be real here, OP is a fa*g*t..

Doctor Rivers
04-14-2013, 04:30 PM
nobody is going to beat and stop this team from repeating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738Hbps-zOo

This guy is trolling but it's the truth

Crafty
04-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Lol theres like 2 teams in the east that can beat them, plus 3-4 teams in the west that can smoke em. Op on drugs, dont let that fluke/ref driven 2012 ring f00l ya.

What teams? Miami is 6-0 against the Spurs, Thunder and Denver (top 3 in the West)

bukowski81
04-14-2013, 04:48 PM
What teams? Miami is 6-0 against the Spurs, Thunder and Denver (top 3 in the West)

To be fair Miami and San Antonio basically havent played this season.

longtime lurker
04-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Is Silktheshocker another StateofMind sock puppet account? They're the only two posters that I've seen create idiotic threads about the Heat already winning the title.

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-14-2013, 06:38 PM
tell that to Carmelo, Durant, Pierce, Z-Bo etc

As Westbrook would say WHAT ?!?!? yall n***as trippin

Clutch
04-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Depends on how Bosh will preform at jumpballtip. If teams limit him to under 50% then they have a shot.

jimmy77x
04-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Is Silktheshocker another StateofMind sock puppet account? They're the only two posters that I've seen create idiotic threads about the Heat already winning the title.

Most likely yes, Silktheshocker is a pimple faced loser with 5+ accounts to talk to himself. Like "theman" said silk is waiting out his ban by preparing his knee pads and sharpening his deep throating skills to relentlessly suck lebron's cawk when the playoffs begin.

Salty
04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
After all the shit talking fans from the West has done, it's pretty funny that the East will have the runaway winner, and their only competition will come from another Eastern team.

The Heat will dispose of OKC as easily as they will the Bucks.

Bandito
04-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Is Silktheshocker another StateofMind sock puppet account? They're the only two posters that I've seen create idiotic threads about the Heat already winning the title.That's the consensus opinion of Ish yes.

ripthekik
04-14-2013, 09:58 PM
silkk is correct. Heat already won.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvqvngbLj1qial5vo1_500.gif

Orlando Magic
04-14-2013, 10:25 PM
They've already won next season too barring unforeseen injuries or some major roster moves which are improbable. The assets just aren't out there to propel any contenders from this season to Champions next season besides Miami.

OKC with Harden would have gotten it done but... that ship sailed.

Kurosawa0
04-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Miami probably is going to win it all, but it won't be easy. They will get pushed in at least one or two series.

ripthekik
04-14-2013, 10:29 PM
They've already won next season too barring unforeseen injuries or some major roster moves which are improbable. The assets just aren't out there to propel any contenders from this season to Champions next season besides Miami.

OKC with Harden would have gotten it done but... that ship sailed.
Agreed.
Congrats 3 peat Miami Heat.

Fiz411
04-14-2013, 10:41 PM
might as well forfeit the this season and next season, and award the heat the nba championship.

ripthekik
04-14-2013, 10:55 PM
might as well forfeit the this season and next season, and award the heat the nba championship.
I agree. All those hours of NBA playoffs should be dedicated to something actually useful. Maybe put on some awareness programs for everyone to watch.

HEAT111
04-15-2013, 12:16 AM
I agree. All those hours of NBA playoffs should be dedicated to something actually useful. Maybe put on some awareness programs for everyone to watch.

Yeah, like gone fishing.

T-Time3
04-15-2013, 12:39 AM
lets be real, the heat already guaranteed 3peat since this happened
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/heat/photos/hpg1011_welcome_jameswadebosh2_100709.jpg

russwest0
04-15-2013, 12:40 AM
How many people said they already had the title won once they were going up against the Mavs two years ago?

They are the favorites no doubt, but don't act like it's a lock.

DaSeba5
04-15-2013, 12:41 AM
How many people said they already had the title won once they were going up against the Mavs two years ago?

This isn't a serious thread bro.

TonyMontana
04-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Pat Riley is a legend.

Once he got Chris Anderson it was game over. The first actual center Miami has had since Jermaine O'Neal. Pretty sure they've only lost 3 games since Chris Anderson joined the team at the end of January. Pacers loss before the streak, the Bulls one that ended the streak, and a game vs the Knicks where LeBron/Wade were sitting out.

Feels great being a fan of the best team in pro sports.

Bigsmoke
04-15-2013, 01:44 AM
RG is such a bandwagoner.

why can u be loyal to the team you suppose to support like me?

Doctor Rivers
04-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Miami probably is going to win it all, but it won't be easy. They will get pushed in at least one or two series.

yeah pushed for one quarter in one or two series

RoundMoundOfReb
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Heat are 32-1 in the last 33 games Lebron played :roll:

JerryWest
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM
yeah pushed for one quarter in one or two series
:roll:

ripthekik
04-15-2013, 06:52 AM

It's a lock.
Even back then, the only way for the Heat to lose was for a massive choke to happen. And it happened.

This year it's a free walk for the Heat to the championship.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 07:59 AM
It's a lock.
Even back then, the only way for the Heat to lose was for a massive choke to happen. And it happened.

This year it's a free walk for the Heat to the championship.

But nobody was saying that in 11.

This is what pretty much everyone was saying going into the ECF and Finals...

"doesn't really count for Heat when they win, their team is so good it's unfair for the rest of the league"

Then they lost in 6 in the Finals....ROFL

From so good it's unfair for the rest of the league...to losing in 6 to one of the worst championship teams of the last 30 years. Hahah...

ripthekik
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM

"doesn't really count for Heat when they win, their team is so good it's unfair for the rest of the league"

From so good it's unfair for the rest of the league...to losing in 6 to one of the worst championship teams of the last 30 years. Hahah...
Yeah.. that's just what I said. Everyone expected the Heat to win.

Then the massive choke that nobody even imagined happened.

And nice of you to diss your own team, especially the one that won your only championship. Weird how you can act like a Mavs fan but love Wade and Lebron. Perhaps a front, good one.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Yeah.. that's just what I said. Everyone expected the Heat to win.

Then the massive choke that nobody even imagined happened.

And nice of you to diss your own team, especially the one that won your only championship. Weird how you can act like a Mavs fan but love Wade and Lebron. Perhaps a front, good one.

It's not a diss...just a fact. The Mavs 11 title team was one of the weaker teams talent wise to win.

My point is that it's easy to sit here and say all this stuff before it happens. I was saying the same thing going into the finals when all the agenda driven Lebron haters were saying it wouldn't count.

Hilarious really.

It is you that disses the Mavs. Yes, Lebron did choke, but pretending like the Mavs have nothing to do with it...is the biggest mistake people make on here. Go look up what Lebron had done in the regular season against the Mavs. He struggled. The Mavs put together a great game plan and then executed it to near perfection. Have go give them credit for what they did.

ripthekik
04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
It's not a diss...just a fact. The Mavs 11 title team was one of the weaker teams talent wise to win.

My point is that it's easy to sit here and say all this stuff before it happens. I was saying the same thing going into the finals when all the agenda driven Lebron haters were saying it wouldn't count.

Hilarious really.

It is you that disses the Mavs. Yes, Lebron did choke, but pretending like the Mavs have nothing to do with it...is the biggest mistake people make on here. Go look up what Lebron had done in the regular season against the Mavs. He struggled. The Mavs put together a great game plan and then executed it to near perfection. Have go give them credit for what they did.
Please, I probably have more respect for that Mavs team than you do. Saying Lebron choked is not a diss to them. They made him choke. You're the only one dissing them, saying they're the worst talented team of all time. I haven't even heard this anywhere, so it's even more funny coming from a so-called Mavs fan who brought it out of nowhere. Swept the defending champion, beat the Thunder, beat the Heat.

"one of the worst championship teams of the last 30 years"
:facepalm

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Please, I probably have more respect for that Mavs team than you do. Saying Lebron choked is not a diss to them. They made him choke. You're the only one dissing them, saying they're the worst talented team of all time. I haven't even heard this anywhere, so it's even more funny coming from a so-called Mavs fan who brought it out of nowhere. Swept the defending champion, beat the Thunder, beat the Heat.

"one of the worst championship teams of the last 30 years"
:facepalm

Just because you haven't "heard" it...doesn't mean it's not true.

Have you actually taken the time to look at the championship teams since 1980?

The 03 Spurs, 11 Mavs, 94 Rockets...probably a few more...are the least talented teams top to bottom to win. I think the 11 Mavs probably beat both of them, but it wouldn't be easy.

Why don't you rank all the championship teams from 1980 to present and tell me where the Mavs are.

It's not a diss...just a fact. Not giving them credit (what you were doing) is the actual diss.

Crafty
04-15-2013, 08:59 AM
It was a lock in 2011 to.

Lot of things can happen until the finals.

arifgokcen
04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Nobody was predicting them to win in 2011.Just give it up.They werent absolute favourites until finals.Before boston-miami,7 writers out of 12 predicted miami win even during bulls series there were 3 writers who were predicting miami would lose.

Right now they are much better and absolute favourites against any team and as far as articles goes,no writer is predicting them to lose more than 2 games in a series.

This year is entirely different.

That said nobody can predict championship but as far as recent history goes this is as sure of a bet as you can see since 3peat lakers.

ripthekik
04-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Just because you haven't "heard" it...doesn't mean it's not true.

Have you actually taken the time to look at the championship teams since 1980?

The 03 Spurs, 11 Mavs, 94 Rockets...probably a few more...are the least talented teams top to bottom to win. I think the 11 Mavs probably beat both of them, but it wouldn't be easy.

Why don't you rank all the championship teams from 1980 to present and tell me where the Mavs are.

It's not a diss...just a fact. Not giving them credit (what you were doing) is the actual diss.
Just this decade, the 2004 pistons and 2006 heat come to mind. Anyhow, even if they were one of the debatable weaker teams, why bring it out out of nowhere?

Any Mavs fan would've loved that team. Funny you dissed that team just to defend Lebron and co. When nobody was even debating the topic. Great mav fan you are, sadly there aren't a lot of other Mavs fans here, otherwise they would be ashamed of you. Maybe it's time to just register a new nickname, "MHeat6" and grab a new avatar while you're at it.

RichieW
04-15-2013, 09:54 AM
OP is right, Heat is winning the title.

Memphis could beat them inside, but they won't come out the West. Spurs won't be healthy enough, Thunder aren't built to beat Miami.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Just this decade, the 2004 pistons and 2006 heat come to mind. Anyhow, even if they were one of the debatable weaker teams, why bring it out out of nowhere?

Any Mavs fan would've loved that team. Funny you dissed that team just to defend Lebron and co. When nobody was even debating the topic. Great mav fan you are, sadly there aren't a lot of other Mavs fans here, otherwise they would be ashamed of you. Maybe it's time to just register a new nickname, "MHeat6" and grab a new avatar while you're at it.

Haha. Lose the argument and the again make no sense.

Why bring it up? Because the team that everyone deemed "too good it's unfair for the rest of the league"...lost to one of the weaker title teams since 1980.

It would be one thing if they had lost to the 01 Lakers or 05 Spurs...etc.

Do you really not understand the relevance? And I did love that team. As much as possible. But being a fan of a team or player shouldn't make you so biased that you can't just admit reality.

BigTicket
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
The Heat are certainly the favorites, but nobody is a lock before the playoffs have even started.

Right now, I'd say it's about 50/50 whether Miami wins or not.

They probably have 95% chance to make it past the first two round (only thing that could stop them is a Lebron injury), but after that the Knicks have a shot at beating them, and in the finals both the Spurs and the Thunder are good enough to really challenge the Heat.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Nobody was predicting them to win in 2011.Just give it up.They werent absolute favourites until finals.Before boston-miami,7 writers out of 12 predicted miami win even during bulls series there were 3 writers who were predicting miami would lose.

Right now they are much better and absolute favourites against any team and as far as articles goes,no writer is predicting them to lose more than 2 games in a series.

This year is entirely different.

That said nobody can predict championship but as far as recent history goes this is as sure of a bet as you can see since 3peat lakers.

That is the point. Perception about these teams can change so fast. The Spurs last year were the big favorites 2 games into the WCF...people were questioning the Heat after game 1 of the Bulls series in 11...then a few days later they were overwhelming favorites with people already trying to say that it won't count when they win.

That's the point. Things change...and often very quickly. Hell, in 11, the Mavs were barely favorites to get out of the first round...now they are a juggernaut in retrospect.

People need to calm down and let it play out...

ripthekik
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
That is the point. Perception about these teams can change so fast. The Spurs last year were the big favorites 2 games into the WCF...people were questioning the Heat after game 1 of the Bulls series in 11...then a few days later they were overwhelming favorites with people already trying to say that it won't count when they win.

That's the point. Things change...and often very quickly. Hell, in 11, the Mavs were barely favorites to get out of the first round...now they are a juggernaut in retrospect.

People need to calm down and let it play out...
lol.. be quiet, Heat fan.
Miami Heat got 2013 on lock. There's nothing that changes that fact.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
lol.. be quiet, Heat fan.
Miami Heat got 2013 on lock. There's nothing that changes that fact.

Great argument.

chazzy
04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Nobody was predicting them to win in 2011

Lol what?

russwest0
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Lol, I agree. Some Heat/LeBron fans are so stupid. You think after the LeBron chokejob with massive expectations they'd at least learn to say that the Heat are just "favorites" and not a lock to win it all.

Remember after losing game 1 of the Finals last year when many Heat/LeBron dickriders started acting like it was because LeBron didn't have enough help? I LOL'd. He ended up getting that help from the officials though. Will be interesting to see if the officials are biased towards them again even though it doesn't look like they'll need it this year.

willds09
04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Lets be real here, tha knicks already won tha title this season

jimmy77x
04-15-2013, 12:32 PM

Dude just stop :facepalm Troll comments like that aren't needed, this thread isn't about the knicks.

fpliii
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM

If you sincerely believe this, you should put some money on it.

I don't think Miami is a lock to win it all this season, but if you pick the Knicks you'll get incredible odds. Bovada has them at 14/1, while they're 15/1 on Sportsbook. Depending on how much you're willing to invest (not wager/gamble, since you have them definitely winning this season) you could do quite well.

willds09
04-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Dude just stop :facepalm Troll comments like that aren't needed, this thread isn't about the knicks.
but tha heat have to get pass tha knicks first in order to get to tha finals, so how they already won?:facepalm

tpols
04-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Hilarious really.

You can't really say the heat lost to one of the worst finals teams ever and then in the same post say that they were actually really good, did this and that, etc to win. Which one is it?

The heat choked plain and simple. Of course the Mavs looked good playing.. Because they were winning. Their defense looked way better than it actually was because Lebron wasn't attacking. He wasn't himself at all.

The Bulls were a better defense than the Mavs in every possible sense and Bron destroyed them.

Why? Because the Bulls had a terrible closer in that series, wade was playing like shit, and Lebron had full reigns to be the best player. When Wade took over in he Finals it threw Lebron rythym off and made him passive.. Dirk going ape in the clutch also through a wrench in his confidence.

That will not happen again though.. Freak occurrence.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 12:57 PM
You can't really say the heat lost to one of the worst finals teams ever and then in the same post say that they were actually really good, did this and that, etc to win. Which one is it?

The heat choked plain and simple. Of course the Mavs looked good playing.. Because they were winning. Their defense looked way better than it actually was because Lebron wasn't attacking. He wasn't himself at all.

The Bulls were a better defense than the Mavs in every possible sense and Bron destroyed them.

Why? Because the Bulls had a terrible closer in that series, wade was playing like shit, and Lebron had full reigns to be the best player. When Wade took over in he Finals it threw Lebron rythym off and made him passive.. Dirk going ape in the clutch also through a wrench in his confidence.

That will not happen again though.. Freak occurrence.

Do you not realize that people were saying the exact same thing going into the finals. That Lebron would have a field day after doing so well against the Bulls?

It may have been a freak happening, but these things are not locks. Was the Spurs losing last year up 2-0 a freak happening? I mean, how many times does the stuff have to happen before we all just admit that we can't see the future.

The Mavs were a weak title team...they also played amazing defense on Lebron. You can have both sir.

chazzy
04-15-2013, 01:09 PM
OKC quietly has the 7th highest margin of victory since 1980, and every team above them as won the title. That's random... doesn't feel like they're that good

tpols
04-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Do you not realize that people were saying the exact same thing going into the finals. That Lebron would have a field day after doing so well against the Bulls?

It may have been a freak happening, but these things are not locks. Was the Spurs losing last year up 2-0 a freak happening? I mean, how many times does the stuff have to happen before we all just admit that we can't see the future.

The Mavs were a weak title team...they also played amazing defense on Lebron. You can have both sir.
Theres a few differences between 2011 and now though..

-It isnt their first run together anymore.. it's their third.
-The east is arguably weaker.
-The 2013 team is easily better than the 2011 one. Birdman replacing joel has done more than could ever be imagined. And bron is even better.

This is a team that is developing championship pedigree.. their confidence is much harder to shake now than ever before.

And on top of all that 2011 was still a major fluke. Replay that series 100 times over and you get the Heat on top 90+ times.

DMAVS41
04-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Theres a few differences between 2011 and now though..

-It isnt their first run together anymore.. it's their third.
-The east is arguably weaker.
-The 2013 team is easily better than the 2011 one. Birdman replacing joel has done more than could ever be imagined. And bron is even better.

This is a team that is developing championship pedigree.. their confidence is much harder to shake now than ever before.

And on top of all that 2011 was still a major fluke. Replay that series 100 times over and you get the Heat on top 90+ times.

I agree, never said anything different. I think it's fair to say that making the finals is a lock.

But, beating the Thunder or a healthy Spurs team is not a lock for me. I know the Thunder don't seem as good without Harden, but I really think that series will be a lot closer than people think. And if the Spurs are healthy...I like the matchup for them.

My point was simple and stands. The last time people thought it was a lock...the Heat lost in 6.

TrueRob
04-15-2013, 01:35 PM
If Miami loses, it will be in the Eastern playoffs vs. the New York Knicks. If Miami makes it to the Finals, I see them easily beating whoever comes out of the West.

Graviton
06-12-2013, 12:22 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/2ryzVIrGkDhyvpHphuLbMnyX4V7Zcxb0xh4Sqwc52eOJdrNPqB O-dYcLaLMv9hkiUMxnMEp5MPhgxO0wCyuO9QpnOlXuFLYW/x2_69650dc.jpg

3LiftHeatCurse
06-12-2013, 12:25 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/2ryzVIrGkDhyvpHphuLbMnyX4V7Zcxb0xh4Sqwc52eOJdrNPqB O-dYcLaLMv9hkiUMxnMEp5MPhgxO0wCyuO9QpnOlXuFLYW/x2_69650dc.jpg

brah, you just set yourself up for a counter-bump humiliation.

It's only 2-1......

Graviton
06-12-2013, 12:27 AM
brah, you just set yourself up for a counter-bump humiliation.

It's only 2-1......
Hoping for a reverse jinx lol, dont wanna see HEAT get embarassed so badly. This shit needs to go 7, people forget after this we have no basketball for 5-6 months. :(

Graviton
06-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Hoping for a reverse jinx lol, dont wanna see HEAT get embarassed so badly. This shit needs to go 7, people forget after this we have no basketball for 5-6 months. :(
AHAHA IT WORKED BISHEZ! :cheers: