01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
link?

tpols
01-08-2013, 02:50 PM
:roll:

Hey fruit loop what's lala taste like?!

JohnnySic
01-08-2013, 02:51 PM
The bad blood is brewing. Gotta love it.

Clutch
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
My wife tastes like Frosted Flakes.

:oldlol:

lilbeastnani
I don't know who spread that dumb rumor but hey it is spreading like wildfire.

Knicks superstar Amar’e Stoudemire would not say what KG told Melo, but hinted that the comment was harsh.

"It was more just talk," Stoudemire told ESPN. "More talk more than anything. Words are pretty sharp, so when you say certain things, it gets under your skin and it gets you a little

SilkkTheShocker
I wonder if KG told McDyess the same thing before he rann away. Or to Peeler before he bitch smacked him in the chin.

Pointguard
01-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Do yall think KG researches opponents like a battle rapper. I really do think its something worse than that.

ZeN
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
KG is all false bravado.. but its always pretty hilarious false bravado..

Blue&Orange
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10t5c_kevin-garnett-vs-antonio-mcdyess_sport#.UOxrgkMs8fI

lilbeastnani
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Do yall think KG researches opponents like a battle rapper. I really do think its something worse than that.
Same here, as if he'd wait by the team bus and shout at the Celtics locker room over something that corny.

CJ Mustard
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
link?

CelticsLife.com:

The rumor is that KG told 'Melo that his wife LaLa tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios. Has anyone confirmed this? What LaLa tastes like that is

Mr. Jabbar
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Someday, before KG retires, a player will land a big punch in his jaw. And I hope its Metta.

Michael_Wilbon
01-08-2013, 03:02 PM
I wonder if KG told McDyess the same thing before he rann away. Or to Peeler before he bitch smacked him in the chin.

:oldlol: This.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www.mlbgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/WeeBeyBriceMindBlown.gif

red1
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
lmao I hope this is true

niko
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
do people get the joke (reference)? I'd hate to explain it and heep more abuse on Melo. Clearly Bill Simmons doesn't get it...

La Frescobaldi
01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
lmao I hope this is true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHuYek-firs

DuMa
01-08-2013, 03:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FhRVO.png

Pointguard
01-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Same here, as if he'd wait by the team bus and shout at the Celtics locker room over something that corny.

Right. I mean Honey Nut taste bad but not like Total. If he went corny, he might have said something like Roses are Yellow, Your shot is off, I heard they call you marsh mello, because you are so soft.

niko
01-08-2013, 03:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FhRVO.png
I want to be angry but this is very funny. I am very conflicted. I want to send this out to my friends.

Again, people don't get the reference do they?

chazzy
01-08-2013, 03:24 PM
I want to be angry but this is very funny. I am very conflicted. I want to send this out to my friends.

Again, people don't get the reference do they?
Explain

Clutch
01-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Right. I mean Honey Nut taste bad but not like Total. If he went corny, he might have said something like Roses are Yellow, Your shot is off, I heard they call you marsh mello, because you are so soft.

Did you make this one up all by yourself ?

FireMcFailPlease
01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
that is awesome. go KG!

niko
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Explain
It's her color, and he came all over her. That's why she is like "honey" nut, she's all sticky, things stick to her. I've actually heard someone use that term before. Which makes me sad and somewhat embarrased that i know that. :facepalm

Or maybe he just meant it as cereal because the reference is so strange.

chips93
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM
KG is all false bravado.. but its always pretty hilarious false bravado..

it clearly works though, he can really take guys out of their game

Bandito
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't get what he is so angry about, Hone nut Cheerios is delicious.

MAC system
01-08-2013, 03:31 PM
do people get the joke (reference)? I'd hate to explain it and heep more abuse on Melo. Clearly Bill Simmons doesn't get it...
i dont get it? explain it

ZeN
01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
oh no doubt, its effective just saying its more a tool than an authentic persona..

Bandito
01-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Again, people don't get the reference do they?*Insert Explanation here.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/scarjo_popcorn.gif

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2013, 03:35 PM

It only works when you are playing on the team he is. It didn't work so great when he was losing in the 1st round or missing the playoffs in his prime.

Clutch
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Honey Nut Cheerios trending on Twitter :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hundreds of commercials couldn't do what KG did in one sentence.

ispin69
01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I can't taste the nut in honey nut cheerios. :biggums:

I didn't even know melo was married, and the lala is the same former disc jockey in LA which I have heard on the radio before.

alleykat
Lol.....kg always talks inappropriately

Apparently back in 99 kg told Duncan happy Mother's Day when he knew Duncan's mom passed away from cancer.....

Sarcastic
KG is a piece of shit. There is a line that you don't cross when it comes to trash talking, and he crosses it constantly. He said Charlie Villanueva looks like a cancer patient, he said "Happy Mothers Day" to Tim Duncan (his mother died when he was 12), and now this. If someone took him out, and ended his career, it would be for the best of the league.

heyhey
01-08-2013, 03:38 PM
It's her color, and he came all over her. That's why she is like "honey" nut, she's all sticky, things stick to her. I've actually heard someone use that term before. Which makes me sad and somewhat embarrased that i know that. :facepalm

:oldlol: damn KG really gets cerebral with this shit. I can imagine him having some sort of cabinet brainstorming disses for every opponent

he's the best in the NBA at getting under player's skin. real life troll

Budadiiii
01-08-2013, 03:40 PM

This.

nikka aint smart enough to throw subliminal jabs on the spot :lol

tpols
KG is a piece of shit. There is a line that you don't cross when it comes to trash talking, and he crosses it constantly. He said Charlie Villanueva looks like a cancer patient, he said "Happy Mothers Day" to Tim Duncan (his mother died when he was 12), and now this. If someone took him out, and ended his career, it would be for the best of the league.
You're more :mad: than Melo was.. Don't let KG affect your workday.

alleykat
:oldlol: damn KG really gets cerebral with this shit. I can imagine him having some sort of cabinet brainstorming disses for every opponent

he's the best in the NBA at getting under player's skin. real life troll

Ya....he should have one of those ama's on reddit....lol it would be interesting to see how he thinks...

ispin69
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I love KG. This is part of the game, Melo sure is MAD. :lol

chazzy
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM

It's crazy how much of twitter is made up of basketball fans. Josh Harrellson was the #1 trending topic the other day

Clutch
01-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
Rondo on Melo & BusGate: "I thought everybody was coming to talk to each other and figure out some things, going to dinner next time."

Rondo trolling the league :roll: :roll: :roll:

heyhey
01-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Ya....he should have one of those ama's on reddit....lol it would be interesting to see how he thinks...
lol if KG was born a 5ft6 white/asian boy he be the most vicious reddit troll to date

Djahjaga
01-08-2013, 03:47 PM
:roll: Bookmarked so I remember to tell my grandkids this.

Pushxx
01-08-2013, 03:48 PM

RUMORED sentence.

Imagine how much it'd be trending if he or Melo actually came out about it.

atljonesbro
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
KG is a scum bag taking shots at dead mothers and calling Charlie V a cancer patient. Dude is pathetic. Anyone defending him a wanna-be thug and condones taking shots and rubbing peoples tragedies in their face. I guess it's ok to make fun of peoples dead mother as long as im trying to get under there skin.

ballup
01-08-2013, 03:59 PM
KG is a scum bag taking shots at dead mothers and calling Charlie V a cancer patient. Dude is pathetic. Anyone defending him a wanna-be thug and condones taking shots and rubbing peoples tragedies in their face. I guess it's ok to make fun of peoples dead mother as long as im trying to get under there skin.
But it's a bar fight out there. :(

Sarcastic
01-08-2013, 04:04 PM
You're more :mad: than Melo was.. Don't let KG affect your workday.

This flu is making me more :mad: :mad: :mad: than anything else. But there's a line you don't cross, and family is included especially spouses.

Djahjaga
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
This just in, KG told Melo that it wasn't worth "wasting [his] money on [Melo]." :lol

http://nesn.com/2013/01/kevin-garnett-to-carmelo-anthony-outside-celtics-locker-room-its-not-worth-wasting-my-money-on-you/

ispin69
01-08-2013, 04:08 PM

You're soft. Implying fans of the opposing teams don't say 10 times worst things. Stick to your church basketball games.

imdaman99
01-08-2013, 04:15 PM
You're soft. Implying fans of the opposing teams don't say 10 times worst things. Stick to your church basketball games.
fans are fans, they aren't get paid to play basketball. him saying that about villanueva and to duncan is downright pathetic. no class whatsoever. and he is soft, talking about wasting his money fighting melo? soft, give a better excuse.

GOBB
01-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Why would anyone believe this? It doesnt even make sense. You guys are so gullible.

GOBB
01-08-2013, 04:20 PM

What did KG did? I didnt run out and buy honet nut cheerios. :confusedshrug:

Oh you're talkin about idiots online who think its cool to run something into the ground. But you call it "trending". Solid. Carry on.

red1
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM

Oh you're talkin about idiots online who think its cool to run something into the ground. But you call it "trending". Solid. Carry on.
who knows if this is true or not but if you dont find it funny its because you WANT to keep a straight face

Hotlantadude81
01-08-2013, 04:24 PM

Too bad he didn't get stuck playing in Minny his whole career.

Salazaar
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM

This x100.. He's such a punk, fake tough guy that would get the crap beat out of him off the court by 90% of NBA players... Would love to see Metta murder him with a pair of vicious elbows...

GOBB
01-08-2013, 04:28 PM
who knows if this is true or not but if you dont find it funny its because you WANT to keep a straight face

If I dont find it funny its because its NOT funny. Do you still laugh at someone making fart noises with their armpits too? My first reaction was I dont get it. Only time I chuckled is at people on the net thinking its funny trying to be the one with the catchy honey nut cheerios joke. You guys make the wackest stuff become popular. Good job, good effort (now this line is funny).

Pushxx
01-08-2013, 04:34 PM
People so salty and soft. It's not just basketball where people trash talk.

red1
01-08-2013, 04:36 PM
If I dont find it funny its because its NOT funny. Do you still laugh at someone making fart noises with their armpits too? My first reaction was I dont get it. Only time I chuckled is at people on the net thinking its funny trying to be the one with the catchy honey nut cheerios joke. You guys make the wackest stuff become popular. Good job, good effort (now this line is funny).
:biggums: You serious? This has nothing to do with the honey nut cheerios. It is funny because kg f*cked melo's shit up so bad with just a little trashtalk.

red1
01-08-2013, 04:37 PM
So let me get this straight KG talked shit to Melo so hard that his game went off track shooting 6-26,

then Melo went to the locker room screaming

then Melo waited in the cold for KG who never came

now Melo might suspended

:roll: I hate KG but that is some funny ass shit :roll:
cmon bro this shit is obviously funny. every joke doesnt need to be a 1 hour hbo comedy special

FireDavidKahn
01-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I love KG:oldlol:

red1
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
lmao when you add in kgs history of abusing charlie v calling him a cancer patient and making blatche cry this shit is TOO FUNNY. LOL chocmelo jamthony

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
People so salty and soft. It's not just basketball where people trash talk.

Shut up. Go f.uck your fat Boston girlfriend

Blue&Orange
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
:biggums: You serious? This has nothing to do with the honey nut cheerios. It is funny because kg f*cked melo's shit up so bad with just a little trashtalk.
His shooting before and after the trash talk was virtually the same. More like you're a idiot trying to justify why you find it funny.

You know what's funny? The money your shitty franchise gave to Fields, now that's really hilarious stuff right there.

red1
01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
His shooting before and after the trash talk was virtually the same. More like you're a idiot trying to justify why you find it funny.

You know what's funny? The money your shitty franchise gave to Fields, now that's really hilarious stuff right there.
dont be salty bro. noone likes an emotional ho

Pushxx
01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Shut up. Go f.uck your fat Boston girlfriend

Saaaaaalty.

Mach_3
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM

This, getting upset at another man's (who means nothing to you) words is something females do :lol

Bano114
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM

Idk if you use twitter but when something is being posted in alot of peoples tweets constantly (such as the frase Honey Nut Cheerios) they put it on the side of the page as a "trend". Thats what its actually called on the website. So technically it was trending.

mans1ay3r
01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
It's amazing how KG still gets into people's heads, including people on ISH. While Melo is still whining, KG is getting back on defense but to people on ISH that's = running away. It's like they expect him to get into a fist fight every time he successfully gets into someone's head.

And if he did get into a fight every time someone couldn't handle his barking, he'd be looked at like an immature moron that can't control himself. You back up your trash talking with your game. I saw Sully talking a lot last night too, hope he's learning from KG.

royalbluecosby
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/96c93m.jpg

bagelred
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Melo is so stupid. This is an OPPORTUNITY. Get General Mills ad agency on the phone.

I feel a Melo/LaLa Super Bowl commercial in the near future. You hear them off camera. You hear Lala moaning. Melo "This tastes so good baby." And then you see Melo eating Honey Nut Cheerios.

At the end of the commercial, KG pops his head in, "Can I try some?"

So simple........

red1
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
I see gobbs point tho. There are many corny f*gg*ts on this board

mehyaM24
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
KG still laughin!! :lol

Salazaar
01-08-2013, 05:08 PM
http://s14.postimage.org/q5mwaw5w1/196970_566402030054992_665111178_n.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

atljonesbro
01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Exactly, you're a wanna be thug. If someone were making fun of your dead family or if you had cancer making fun of you due to that you would not be happy at all, but suck KGs balls some more. KG is apparently above morals since he makes a lot of money and plays basketball :hammerhead:.

Rasheed1
01-08-2013, 05:23 PM

what is Melo wearing a Kufi? NVm, its his headband pulled up. I was about call him AHKI

red1
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
*akhi lmao

upside24
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
I can't stand KG but if he said that :roll:

You got to admire a competitor like KG who will do whatever it takes to get a win. He got in Melo's head and took him out of the game.

Knicksfever2010
01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
I can't stand KG but if he said that :roll:

You got to admire a competitor like KG who will do whatever it takes to get a win. He got in Melo's head and took him out of the game.

whats to admire about someone acting tough but when the other guy tries to fight, you walk backwards. COWARD

iDunk
01-08-2013, 05:41 PM
That's ****ed up. You never go to the family with the trash talk, I guess KG does..

CelticBaller
01-08-2013, 05:43 PM

upside24
01-08-2013, 05:44 PM
whats to admire about someone acting tough but when the other guy tries to fight, you walk backwards. COWARD
I admire the fact that he took one of the most unstoppable scorers out of the game, something that hasn't happened much to Melo this season, and in the process helped a struggling Celtics team without their best player beat what appears to be a championship caliber team in the Knicks.

Didn't Melo punch someone and backpedal 25 30 foot?

Neither are tough guys, neither really want to fight, but both wanted to win and KG won that battle.

Knoe Itawl
01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Exactly, you're a wanna be thug. If someone were making fun of your dead family or if you had cancer making fun of you due to that you would not be happy at all, but suck KGs balls some more. KG is apparently above morals since he makes a lot of money and plays basketball :hammerhead:.

Exactly. Trash talking is all good. Love it. However, crossing the line KG did makes you a POS, as well as anyone defending that. Good to see who is though, because you can tell the scumbag losers on here.

Type of lowlifes that would defend what those fans said to Steve Kerr back at Arizona.

albas89
01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Trash-talking is part of the game, either you want it or not... basketball superstars like Carmelo are paid a shit load of money for a reason, they're not only athletic freaks and skilled as fvck but also they're supposed to be mentally tough guys who can take a lot of shit from the media and stuff! when someone is getting to your head saying random things about your wife/mother/sister like KG did to Melo, then you're not mentally tough enough to deserve those kind of money, you don't want it bad enough, you're not a superstar! What KG had said to Duncan on 1999 Mother's Day was 100 times worse and Timmy didn't react like that... but Duncan has 4 rings now and he's fvckin destroying KG almost every time he plays against him. That's how you treat whoever's trash-talking to you...

So, call KG a punk all you want cause he is... but Melo is a mental midget and stop cutting him any slack...

Rasheed1
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Neither are tough guys, neither really want to fight, but both wanted to win and KG won that battle.

This is kinda where it's at.

I grew up with alot bball players who thought they were elite (or going to be elite) guys who played on teams and were seen as great players.

Most basketball guys are actually whiney pretty boy types, who cry about fouls every five seconds even when you are just at the local court trying to get in a good game of ruff house. or 35.

They aint bout it for real :oldlol: They are ball players, not thugs. Some guys that play ball really do have a crazy mentality... guys like Alvin Robertson or Mad Max.. Guys who really will punch you in the face for stepping over the line. They wont wait until after the game.. They punch the words right back down your throat as you say them...

Its kinda strange seeing people get soo mad about on here... like it was said to them personally.

eh well, thats ISH tho

tpols
01-08-2013, 06:09 PM

I grew up with alot bball players who thought they were elite (or going to be elite) guys who played on teams and were seen as great players.

Most basketball guys are actually whiney pretty boy types, who cry about fouls every five seconds even when you are just at the local court trying to get in a good game of ruff house. or 35.

They aint bout it for real :oldlol: They are ball players, not thugs. Some guys that play ball really do have a crazy mentality... guys like Alvin Robertson or Mad Max.. Guys who really will punch you in the face for stepping over the line. They wont wait until after the game.. They punch the words right back down your throat as you say them...

Its kinda strange seeing people get soo mad about on here... like it was said to them personally.

eh well, thats ISH tho
It's also a joke that this passes for trash talking on a level that gets you classified as a scumbag. Your wife tastes like cheerios? Really? What would Jackie Robinson say to this shit? He'd be:oldlol:.

Mach_3
01-08-2013, 06:10 PM

So you want him to fight Carmelo during a game?

Another guy who doesn't get it :roll:

ispin69
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Yes, what I wrote there makes me a wanna be thug. Me using harsh fans as an example, those fans using harsh WORDS must be wanna be thugs too. Yes, tell me more about morals.

:facepalm

Hamburgers
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I agree with GOBB on this one, I feel like this board is now composed of middle school kids smh. BRB posting 10 rolling smileys.

upside24
01-08-2013, 06:20 PM

eh well, thats ISH tho
I agree.

Personally I don't think what KG said was that bad. It's not nearly as bad as the cancer thing he said to CV.

The point of trash-talking is to take your opponent out of the game, get in their head. Should he have said "Melo you look a little pudgy this season"? Doubt that would have done much. Some may consider what he said out of line and I can understand them thinking that, but trash talk isn't meant to be kind. It is supposed to hurt.

KG isn't out there to make friends unlike the majority of NBA players. Durant and LeBron work out together and Kobe and Melo are good friends. KG isn't about that.

He is a throwback competitor who without Rondo found a way to beat a superior Knicks team with a legitimate MVP candidate. With just a few words.

Sarcastic
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I bet supermarkets sold a lot more Honey Nut Cheerios today.

Blue&Orange
01-08-2013, 06:25 PM
He is a throwback competitor who without Rondo found a way to beat a superior Knicks team with a legitimate MVP candidate. With just a few words.
Knicks without Shumpert, Felton and Wallace. But lets keep talking about Rondo.

Knicks are 6 games ahead with all kind of injuries. If the celtics had the injuries the Knicks had until now they would be next to the wizards, but let's keep talking about rondo and how the celtics were laughing their way to home lol

Blue&Orange
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM

:lol

Rasheed1
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
I agree.

Personally I don't think what KG said was that bad. It's not nearly as bad as the cancer thing he said to CV.

The point of trash-talking is to take your opponent out of the game, get in their head. Should he have said "Melo you look a little pudgy this season"? Doubt that would have done much. Some may consider what he said out of line and I can understand them thinking that, but trash talk isn't meant to be kind. It is supposed to hurt.

KG isn't out there to make friends unlike the majority of NBA players. Durant and LeBron work out together and Kobe and Melo are good friends. KG isn't about that.

right... And the other lesson is that NBA players do anything to win (like you mentioned)..

Guys like Magic and Bird and Reggie Miller did alot of talking.. Miller kicked out the leg to draw fouls.. guys do whatever they can to gain an advantage and the best are masters at their craft.

I remember watching Reggie Miller at his hall of fame inception, and he talked about how Magic and other greats taught him to do whatever he needed to win games. and you could tell that that meant ANYTHING he could get away with.

Not saying that what KG said was Ok. I wasnt there, but I do know that trying to fight him after the game is not the right way to combat it

Wally450
01-08-2013, 06:31 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/23tk26f.jpg

Skywalker
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM

lmfao

tomtucker
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
:lol :roll: ^^

upside24
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Knicks without Shumpert, Felton and Wallace. But lets keep talking about Rondo.

Knicks are 6 games ahead with all kind of injuries. If the celtics had the injuries the Knicks had until now they would be next to the wizards, but let's keep talking about rondo and how the celtics were laughing their way to home lol
Rondo has more of an impact that those players. Lets be honest here. Unless you account for those games where Felton goes chuckmode.

The Knicks are a better team than the Celtics, I think that is obvious. Melo has been amazing and with the injuries you mentioned that makes it even more impressive.

Never said anything about the Celtics laughing home about this win. They may be laughing at Melo, but I never made that assumption. You think I'm a Celtics fan or something? :lol

Don't be so upset. It's just one game.

Blue&Orange
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes i know Knicks injuries don't matter, they are irrelevant, no impact at all. I've been hearing that for 2 years now, since Melo played against the celtics alongside with Jeffries and Toney Douglas, what's new?

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Exactly. Trash talking is all good. Love it. However, crossing the line KG did makes you a POS, as well as anyone defending that. Good to see who is though, because you can tell the scumbag losers on here.

Type of lowlifes that would defend what those fans said to Steve Kerr back at Arizona.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-01/sports/sp-257_1_arizona-state

Charles Harris, Arizona State athletic director, on Monday sent a letter of apology to Arizona guard Steve Kerr, who on Saturday night was taunted by Arizona State fans about the assassination of his father, Malcolm Kerr. Kerr was killed in Beirut in 1984 when he was president of American University.

Shouts of "PLO, PLO . . . " and "Your father's history," and "Why don't you join the Marines and go back to Beirut?" by a small group of students caused Kerr to sit down for a few minutes to regain his composure.

The taunting took place about a half-hour before game time, with only about 1,000 of the eventual crowd of 12,784 at Arizona State's University Activity Center.

Asked about the incident Tuesday after practice, Kerr said: "It was amazing, and, I think, pretty disgusting. It's hard to believe that people would do that, but it had happened to me one other time before, a couple of years ago, also at Arizona State. But that time it was just one or two people, so it wasn't noticed much. Saturday, it was about 10 or 15 people, in unison.

"When I heard it, I just dropped the ball and started shaking. I sat down for a minute. I'll admit they got to me. I had tears in my eyes. For one thing, it brought back memories of my dad. But, for another thing, it was just sad that people would do something like that.

"A couple of my teammates sat down with me. And a couple of their fans came down to apologize. They were embarrassed. They should be. It doesn't give their program a very good image. It can't do anything but hurt their program. I think it would be tough to recruit to a school with fans like that."

Kerr, a fifth-year senior, made all six of his shots from three-point range and finished with 22 points as he led his No. 3-ranked Wildcats to a 101-73 victory.

Kerr said: "It happened long enough before the game that I was able to regain my composure. There's no question they made me play my best. There's no question it got my whole team fired up."

The letter that Harris sent to Kerr reads: "Dear Steve, It is with sincere regret that I write this letter. I would like to extend my apologies to you for the mental anguish that you had to endure because of the disillusioned few at the University Activity Center last Saturday. I refuse to refer to them as fans because they do not dignify the term.

"We do not condone that kind of behavior from our ticket-holders. I certainly hope they will realize from this unfortunate incident that it does affect people in horrible ways.

"Again, please accept my apologies for you and your family, the Wildcat basketball team and the University of Arizona. All of us respect and admire you and hope that this can be a friendly rivalry for years to come."

Copies were sent to Arizona Coach Lute Olson, Arizona State Coach Steve Patterson, Arizona Athletic Director Cedric Dempsey, Arizona State President Dr. J. Russell Nelson, Arizona President Henry Koffler and Arizona Board of Regents President Donald Schropshire.

Pretty ****ed up.

upside24
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
right... And the other lesson is that NBA players do anything to win (like you mentioned)..

Guys like Magic and Bird and Reggie Miller did alot of talking.. Miller kicked out the leg to draw fouls.. guys do whatever they can to gain an advantage and the best are masters at their craft.

I remember watching Reggie Miller at his hall of fame inception, and he talked about how Magic and other greats taught him to do whatever he needed to win games. and you could tell that that meant ANYTHING he could get away with.

Not saying that what KG said was Ok. I wasnt there, but I do know that trying to fight him after the game is not the right way to combat it
Exactly.

He was just trying to save face knowing damn well nothing was going to happen. He had a miserable game and let KG mind**** him so acting like he was going to do something postgame seemed like a good option.

It's funny because I like Melo and dislike KG, so being in the position of defending KG and giving him credit for owning Melo is weird.

Borat
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
So you want him to fight Carmelo during a game?

Another guy who doesn't get it :roll:

No you don't get it.

KG is a dog and a b!tch. And a HoF player. Always has been. No point discussing it. KG wouldn't fight anyone anywhere. The point is on MANY occasions he acts like a total b!tch and completely unsportsmanlike, then back away like a girl. he shouldnt fight, but dont be a b1tch about it.

GOBB also has been riding his nuts for years. GOBB would paint KG's toenails if he asked, amongst other things.

ClutchOver9000
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-01/sports/sp-257_1_arizona-state

Pretty ****ed up.

If KG said that to Kerr, ISHiots here would find great amusement and even defend KG's antics. That I guarantee you...

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
If this is true, that's crossing the line IMO. Sure, there's trash talk, but trash talk about the game, not someone personal.

It is what it is. It will probably happen again and either there's an intervention by the NBA front office to look into the matter or they just leave it alone.

Mach_3
01-08-2013, 06:52 PM
No you don't get it.

KG is a dog and a b!tch. And a HoF player. Always has been. No point discussing it. KG wouldn't fight anyone anywhere. The point is on MANY occasions he acts like a total b!tch and completely unsportsmanlike, then back away like a girl. he shouldnt fight, but dont be a b1tch about it.

GOBB also has been riding his nuts for years. GOBB would paint KG's toenails if he asked, amongst other things.

you sound butthurt as hell ni99a you don't even know this man in real life yet your telling me he won't fight anyone anywhere? You SHOULD be talking about how Carmelo let a few words completely mesmerize him and cause him to play like trash for 48 minutes.

What yall don't understand is Garnett don't give a **** about fighting, all he cares about is winning period. It's not acting like a fake tough guy if you have no intention of fighting in the first place. I swear yall act like yall want this man to meet Carmelo outside and have a fistfight with him over some shit he could care less about :hammerhead:

Glide2keva
01-08-2013, 06:53 PM
If KG said that to Kerr, ISHiots here would find great amusement and even defend KG's antics. That I guarantee you...
You know they would.

tpols
See Kgs comments weren't close to that..

Blue&Orange
KG already made fun of Duncan's dead mother.

[QUOTE]Asked if perhaps all those years battling Garnett have softened his feelings for the man, led to a Magic-Larry type of kinship, Duncan leans back on the couch in his hotel room and grins. There is a pause. A longer pause. Finally he says,

Borat
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
you sound butthurt as hell ni99a you don't even know this man in real life yet your telling me he won't fight anyone anywhere? You SHOULD be talking about how Carmelo let a few words completely mesmerize him and cause him to play like trash for 48 minutes.

What yall don't understand is Garnett don't give a **** about fighting, all he cares about is winning period. It's not acting like a fake tough guy if you have no intention of fighting in the first place. I swear yall act like yall want this man to meet Carmelo outside and have a fistfight with him over some shit he could care less about :hammerhead:

No I have been an NBA fan longer than you have lived.
I have watched KG's entire career.
KG's b1tch status is cemented and these incidents arent surprising.

You can win classy and you can win like a b1tch.

I'm acting like that KG should have grown out of this garbage 10 years back. But he is a sick weird little person.
I dont expect him to ever fight anyone, but to balance that I expect him to shut his childish mouth.

KyrieTheFuture
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Are people trying to make the case that making fun of an assassinated father and making fun of your wife are even in the same category?

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2013, 06:58 PM
See Kgs comments weren't close to that..

Yeah, I just wanted to pop that article in because it interested me when Knoe Itawl brought it up.

Although, KG already mocked Duncan's dead mother.

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Are people trying to make the case that making fun of an assassinated father and making fun of your wife are even in the same category?

No, I never implied that.

The intent is pretty stupid by both parties, though. Why should there be categories, when it's not even about basketball ? Stupidity is stupidity, point blank.

And again, KG mocked Duncan's dead mother.

upside24
01-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah. Crazy huh?

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah. Crazy huh?

It was just brought up and I thought I would check it out. Shared it on ISH. Nothing more than that, bro.

Both these cases are dumb.

upside24
01-08-2013, 07:05 PM
It was just brought up and I thought I would check it out. Shared it on ISH. Nothing more than that, bro.

Both these cases are dumb.
I wasn't referring to you, instead to the poster who brought it up in the conversation like saying your wife's ***** takes like Honey Nut Cheerios is remotely as harmful as making fun of a player's father being assassinated.

You are one of the few good posters here.

KyrieTheFuture
01-08-2013, 07:06 PM
No, I never implied that.

The intent is pretty stupid by both parties, though. Why should there be categories, when it's not even about basketball ? Stupidity is stupidity, point blank.

And again, KG mocked Duncan's dead mother.
KG is a terrible person on the court I have no problem admitting that I'm just saying there are levels of trash talk. You have friendly banter with your homies that you wouldn't do with your co-workers, strangers, in laws etc. Bottom line is Melo got SHOOK and KG is an ***hole but in this case nothing bad was really said. Melo over reacted.

poido123
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
Rondo on Melo & BusGate: "I thought everybody was coming to talk to each other and figure out some things, going to dinner next time."

:roll: :lol :roll: Bahahahahaha!

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I wasn't referring to you, instead to the poster who brought it up in the conversation like saying your wife's ***** takes like Honey Nut Cheerios is remotely as harmful as making fun of a player's father being assassinated.

You are one of the few good posters here.

My bad. I didn't want to steer anything by the link or anything.

KG is a terrible person on the court I have no problem admitting that I'm just saying there are levels of trash talk. You have friendly banter with your homies that you wouldn't do with your co-workers, strangers, in laws etc. Bottom line is Melo got SHOOK and KG is an ***hole but in this case nothing bad was really said. Melo over reacted.

Yeah, Melo did get played out and I actually have seen this tactic in other sports.

If you are familiar with soccer, 2006 World Cup comes to mind with Zinedine Zidane getting taunted about his family by Marco Materazzi (apperantely said his mom "the son of a terrorist whore") and he heat butted him. Got red carded and France lost the World Cup in penalty shoot out. Zidane on his mother: "I didn't talk about his mother, either. I lost my mother when I was fifteen, and even now I still get emotional talking about it."

I guess that's the closest comparison I can think off.

I just think it's dumb that "trash talk" of that sort comes up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Next time he opens his mouth, one of these should suffice:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbb2dr1dP-0sRDfydv8BNacI88MWJqEnK0mqyEFoXasGCz2PjiDZ8vUrdJ

No_Look604
01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Man I like Melo, but everyone hating on KG should STFU!!

KG goes hard like the past generations and frankly causing this sorta thing is good for the sport...a sport that is classified as "soft" by any NFL or NHL fans.

bdreason
01-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Trash talking is cool, but you can't be attacking people's families. As a human being, there is a line of decency you shouldn't cross, regardless of circumstances. I think we've all known KG is a low-class character for a long time.

Chrono90
01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5620/garnettofficials.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/garnettofficials.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

longtime lurker
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Trash talking is cool, but you can't be attacking people's families. As a human being, there is a line of decency you shouldn't cross, regardless of circumstances. I think we've all known KG is a low-class character for a long time.

Seriously but where do you draw the line? Should players not be allowed to say anything about girlfriends, baby mamas, jumpoffs? The NBA already regulates how these guys act emotionally, they going to regulate trash talk next? Let these guys self regulate themselves and saying. People need to stop acting like this is a regular work environment I'm sure a lot worse things have been said than "your wife tastes like honey nut cheerios" I mean who doesn't love honey nut cheerios!

Bandito
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Melo is so stupid. This is an OPPORTUNITY. Get General Mills ad agency on the phone.

I feel a Melo/LaLa Super Bowl commercial in the near future. You hear them off camera. You hear Lala moaning. Melo "This tastes so good baby." And then you see Melo eating Honey Nut Cheerios.

At the end of the commercial, KG pops his head in, "Can I try some?"

So simple........
That's not a bad ad and both players get payed.:bowdown:

Salazaar
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM

Oh lord :oldlol:

bdreason
01-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Seriously but where do you draw the line? Should players not be allowed to say anything about girlfriends, baby mamas, jumpoffs? The NBA already regulates how these guys act emotionally, they going to regulate trash talk next? Let these guys self regulate themselves and saying. People need to stop acting like this is a regular work environment I'm sure a lot worse things have been said than "your wife tastes like honey nut cheerios" I mean who doesn't love honey nut cheerios!

If I'm playing ball, and some guy starts talking about how he fukced my girlfriend/wife, there's going to be trouble. Nothing going on in that game gives him the right to disrespect my family. I don't think the league should regulate it, but that kind of taunting has no place in the game.

mans1ay3r
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1fofD.png

Derka
01-08-2013, 08:42 PM
KG's wife used to sit right next to Ray Allen's mom and wife during Celtics home games and I've seen that lady walk by plenty of times. I'm not gonna lie...if I was out there on the court, I'd say some pretty insulting things about the things I'd do to that woman if I was trying to get in KG's head.

Trash talk happening on a basketball court. Details at 11!

andremiller07
01-08-2013, 08:56 PM
They kissed and made up over a phone call how cute

[QUOTE]Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett spoke on the phone in the wake of their confrontation on Monday, according to a source.

Garnett and Anthony exchanged several verbal jabs during the game, leading Anthony to seek out Garnett after the game.

Garnett told Anthony that his wife "tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios," according to various reports.

"There's certain things that you just don't say to another man," said Anthony on Tuesday. "I felt we crossed the line. But we

Pointguard
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
What was said is still in dispute, so we can't act like we got the verdict. I don't like bringing in things off the court, onto the court. I do know that the guys I worked with for eight years says much wilder things to each other and they weren't in an as aggressive environment. Then you have to factor in these guys (NBA) are living the life of Riley and can't crack about the car they're driving or pretty much anything material. So I know it gets wild on the court. Its not a beauty pageant and if guys are intense its going to get ugly. If you have ever subjected yourself to an intense competitive environment for even weeks at a time you see humanity differently and you realize we're animals. We're raised in a competitive economy, its not a one for all, love all fest. Its a sophisticated jungle where money is superior to morality, at least in the programing.

With all that said it was one of the most competitive games I seen in a while. My Knicks have been caught a couple of times by the refs letting everything go. So the next Boston and Chicago games are circled on the calendar. The Knicks can hang if they are prepared. Of course, the refs will likely call it differently the next game.

Rockets(T-mac)
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
I wonder if KG is just crazy, or the greatest troll of all time. :oldlol:

Trentknicks
01-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Dude it barely counts if you can't back it up when shit hits the fan :facepalm

AlexanderRight
01-09-2013, 12:29 AM
If this is true, that's crossing the line IMO. Sure, there's trash talk, but trash talk about the game, not someone personal.

It is what it is. It will probably happen again and either there's an intervention by the NBA front office to look into the matter or they just leave it alone.
LOL! You guys are so soft. :roll:

hon
01-09-2013, 12:38 AM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Hon_Leung/Garnettcherrios2_zps7d00fab9.jpg

red1
01-09-2013, 12:44 AM
gobb was right lmao

jimmy77x
01-09-2013, 01:13 AM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Hon_Leung/Garnettcherrios2_zps7d00fab9.jpg

gotta admit thats funny :lol

Whoah10115
01-09-2013, 01:27 AM

That's not funny...

:roll:

B-Low
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
My day at work today:

9am-11pm: Read the ESPN boards as people went back and forth about whether or not its ok to say a man's wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios

11:15am: Spent the first 15 minutes of my lunch break driving to Giant Eagle and standing in line to buy a box of Honey Nut Cheerios

Well played Garnett. Well played.

Lebron23
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/article_large/public/2013/01/08/honey-nut-cheerios.jpg

cltcfn2924
01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Someday, before KG retires, a player will land a big punch in his jaw. And I hope its Metta.

Funny, but earlier in the season Metta was trying to give Pierce some s*&t, and he shrunk away from KG like a little boy.

Legends66NBA7
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
LOL! You guys are so soft.

I'm soft by saying it's crossing a line ? Please, you don't even know me to call me anything of the sort.

Garnett wasn't even talking about basketball anymore. Good for him, the tactic worked. People have been saying in this thread it's "trash talk", but I've been saying it's not and that's it's dumb. I never said anything about how Garnett should be battered or should go to death for it.

Whatever he implied to someone personal, should be considered reviewable to the NBA as well. Other sports have done this like hockey (look up the Sean Avery/Dion Phaneuf incident a few years back), cricket, etc.. I doubt it will happen, but you never know.

Money 23
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
This is one of the funniest things I've heard about it quite sometime. I was wondering what got Melo so hot and bothered. KG is ruthless with the trash talk. He definitely crosses a line, what with the "happy mother's day", "cancer patient", and now "your wife takes like honey nut cheerios" bit ... but hey, only Anthony Peeler has made him physically pay for these comments. Well, Peeler and LeBron. I remember KG trying to get in Bron's head last year and he wasn't having it, then he had that game 6 eruption on Boston.

HomieWeMajor
06-29-2015, 12:42 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/20g0aih.jpg

FireDavidKahn
06-29-2015, 02:40 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/20g0aih.jpg
http://www.collectivekicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/carmelo-anthony-sad.jpg
http://www.lasportsanostra.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Sad-Melo.jpg

RightTwoCensor
06-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
My wife tastes like Frosted Flakes.

:yaohappy:

Bimbo Coles
06-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Do yall think KG researches opponents like a battle rapper. I really do think its something worse than that. Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Pointguard
06-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
KG didn't mean any harm, he said Lala soft marsh mellos enjoyed his Lucky Charms.