PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones goes bat sh*t crazy on Piers Morgan

TheMan
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Jones vs Morgan on gun control...

Crazy man alert!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/creator-of-deport-piers-morgan-flips-out-on-morgans-show-1776-will-commence-again-if-you-try-to-take-our-firearms/

Then he fears for his life afterwards...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/alex-jones-fears-for-life-after-morgan-interview-blames-nypd-or-bloomberg-if-were-killed-by-crackheads/

Dude is seriously deranged:facepalm

RedBlackAttack
01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I heard this on Howard Stern this morning. Absolutely hilarious... And insane. I especially enjoyed the portion where Jones slipped seamlessly into a hilarious English accent in an attempt to mock Piers.

Surely, having a guy like this running around ranting about the 2nd Amendment is not good for the cause.

daily
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
He's always been nuts. The man is all over the map, has been for years

TheMan
01-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Some of Jones' greatest hits...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-piers-morgan-interview-was-nothing-watch-alex-jones-nine-nuttiest-moments/

Rasheed1
01-08-2013, 06:48 PM
:oldlol: He has a point in some respect... He just totally failed to make it in a sane manner.

Alex Jones isnt a total liar, but he is way too hyperbolic an over dramatic about his views. People gotta be really careful when listening to that guy

knickballer
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
:oldlol: He has a point in some respect... He just totally failed to make it in a sane manner.

Alex Jones isnt a total liar, but he is way too hyperbolic an over dramatic about his views. People gotta be really careful when listening to that guy

He did make several points but his yelling did nothing to promote his cause and probably hurt the cause by making pro-gun supporters look like lunatics.. Piers didn't favor any better as he seemed stunned and he looked like he was going to cry but I'm guessing he allowed Jones to act like that on purpose- to make gun owners look like nuts.

MMM
01-08-2013, 07:06 PM
the road to success in American media is too easy.....just spew crazy, incoherent theories and watch the $$$ flow in. Do guys like Rush, Beck, Jones, etc. really believe the things they say or did they realize there was so much $$$ in giving Americans all the crazy they crave???

LJJ
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
:roll:

That bit at 02:10 :roll:

I love Alex Jones. Dude is crazy.

bdreason
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I actually agree with his general stance. I'm surprised how many people think our government has our best interest in mind. The same government that has sent tens of thousands of lower-class soldiers to die in the middle east for the profit of the elite.

Obviously this guy is passionate, and needs to take a chill pill, but he's right. Placing any type of faith in this government would be a huge mistake. I'm not a "gun guy", I've never even been hunting, but I'm not surrendering my right to own weapons, because I don't trust the government has my best intentions in mind, nor do I think they can adequately protect me against my fellow citizens.

Mach_3
01-08-2013, 07:15 PM
the road to success in American media is too easy.....just spew crazy, incoherent theories and watch the $$$ flow in. Do guys like Rush, Beck, Jones, etc. really believe the things they say or did they realize there was so much $$$ in giving Americans all the crazy they crave???

Hell no they don't. Those guys are brilliant they know that this the type of **** that americans eat up like ****ing american pie

MMM
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
I actually agree with his general stance. I'm surprised how many people think our government has our best interest in mind. The same government that has sent tens of thousands of lower-class soldiers to die in the middle east for the profit of the elite.

Obviously this guy is passionate, and needs to take a chill pill, but he's right. Placing any type of faith in this government would be a huge mistake. I'm not a "gun guy", I've never even been hunting, but I'm not surrendering my right to own weapons, because I don't trust the government has my best intentions in mind, nor do I think they can adequately protect me against my fellow citizens.

I do not have faith in humanity....
we are killing the planet so the same elites can enjoy an inflated lifestyle. Heck the far majority of us in the developed world benefit from the suffering and death of people in the 3rd world and we could not care less.

Edwin
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
So much unintentional comedy here. Alex Jones mocking Piers Morgans accent near the end was one of the highlights for me.

ClutchOver9000
01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
:lol that was priceless. Anyhow, Jones may provide some sensible points but lettuce be cereal... his rant on CNN isn't a good look for the pro-gun community...he's potentially hurting his own cause...

SCREWstonRockets
01-08-2013, 07:39 PM
I heard this on Howard Stern this morning. Absolutely hilarious... And insane. I especially enjoyed the portion where Jones slipped seamlessly into a hilarious English accent in an attempt to mock Piers.

Surely, having a guy like this running around ranting about the 2nd Amendment is not good for the cause.
Love hearing robins laugh :lol

Burgz V2
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
bud

Deuce Bigalow
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Alex Jones is not crazy. He will sound crazy to most people because they do not know the truth.

Batz
01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
They're both a complete joke. I deserve a medal for sitting through that.

Mach_3
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Alex Jones is not crazy. He will sound crazy to most people because they do not know the truth.

Its not that he is crazy its that he passes himself off as being crazy (during that interview) so he might as well just be crazy anyway :oldlol:

I mean when you try to speak over the guy your debating with constantly it makes you seem like a crazy ignorant mophucka

Mach_3
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I do not have faith in humanity....
we are killing the planet so the same elites can enjoy an inflated lifestyle. Heck the far majority of us in the developed world benefit from the suffering and death of people in the 3rd world and we could not care less.

This man gets it

TheMan
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not saying Jones doesn't have some good points but his delivery is insane, he sounds unhinged and prolly does more harm to his cause than good.

My brother is a big Alex Jones fan but he also smokes way too much weed:oldlol: He smokes bud, watches Jones on YouTube and then tells me about the latest conspiracy, like that the Aurora and Sandy Hook gunmen were really CIA agents:facepalm:

Doomsday Dallas
01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
he's potentially hurting his own cause...

It's his purpose.

It's the reason why he's on CNN to begin with.

knickballer
01-09-2013, 12:03 AM
It's his purpose.

Is he doing it for a quicker way for a ban of the second amendment leading to an armed revolution against the Corporate gangsters of USA?

Or is he just a set up man from liberals and anti-gun supporters?

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-09-2013, 12:22 AM
BWAHAHAHHA.

My man going H.A.M. on the brit ****.

MURRICAAA FUKK YEAH COMIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUKKIN WORLD YEAH.

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Patrick Chewing
01-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Jones is crazy, but Piers Morgan is a piece of shit and should leave.

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
The video from his hotel is pure gold. Bloomberg as gangster is particularly precious. I also like how guy who approached him and identified himself as a big fan must have been a cop because he looked crazy and had violence in his eyes. Except that I would assume that looking crazy and having violence in your eyes is a prerequisite for being a big Alex Jones fan.

Is He Ill
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
It's his purpose.

That's also what Glenn Beck said.

Patrick Chewing
01-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Conan O'Brien's Take on the Jones interview: http://teamcoco.com/video/alex-jones-piers-morgan-guns

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

longhornfan1234
01-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Alex made great points, but his delivery overshadow those points.

knickballer
01-09-2013, 01:32 AM

It's probably better that he went batshit or he would have simply been cut off or manipulated in a calm manner. CNN seriously does that in any interview with anyone with opposite views, they did this many times with Ron Paul for example..

**** CNN! **** Piers Morgan and **** the mainsteam media!

Velocirap31
01-09-2013, 01:42 AM

What good points? That Bush caused 9/11? How about that the CIA had something to do with Aurora and Sandy Hook? That the British are burning down their own cities and beating old woman to death because they don't have guns? How about that Piers Morgan is a British spy here to disarm the American people so that they can be taken over?

These are a few of the things he said. Am I missing any other good points? This guy needs psychiatric help, but yet he has thousands of followers and a radio show.

MMM
01-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Do people not realize that gun ownership still exists in countries that don't have the equivalency of the 2nd amendment???

My view is guns are a privilege not a right. However, in the American context, it is constitutional that restrictions can be put on place on the 2nd amendment

Also what evidence is there that the 2nd amendment is preventing your rights from disappearing as a few people like to claim???

the 2nd amendment did not stop the erosion of rights that were as a result of the war on terror/war on drugs.

I genuinely want to know where the fear that the Government will turn on the people comes from. I have not seen similar sentiments in other developed nations with strong democratic principles. Are not the checks, balances, and overall strong institutions already in place to prevent many of those fears from being realistic.

And if you have a legitimate fear about that occurring is gun ownership going to be the most effective way to deal with tyranny???

brantonli
01-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Conan O'Brien's Take on the Jones interview: http://teamcoco.com/video/alex-jones-piers-morgan-guns

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Holy f**k I hadn't seen the real interview, so at first I didn't realise the gun was shopping :lol :lol :roll:

Kews1
01-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Some of Jones' greatest hits...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-piers-morgan-interview-was-nothing-watch-alex-jones-nine-nuttiest-moments/

hes the ultimate troll :oldlol:

MMM
01-09-2013, 02:05 AM
hes the ultimate troll :oldlol:

trolling is a profitable business venture....
so much so that the other loons call him crazy to protect their market share

lefthook00
01-09-2013, 02:09 AM
That was awesome lol. That was way better than the typical bullsh*t you get fed on those shows these shows feed you.

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2013, 02:49 AM
http://www.mediaite.com/online/alex-jones-fears-for-life-after-morgan-interview-blames-nypd-or-bloomberg-if-were-killed-by-crackheads/

Dude is seriously deranged:facepalm

Just got home from work and checked this vid out. I get the feeling this guy is just acting like a lunatic for effect, but -- if so -- he plays a damn good schizophrenic.

Holy sh!t. These guys think they are being chased around NYC by Bloomberg "agents?"

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Piers Morgan is scum.

Glad Alex never gave up frame control.

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Piers Morgan is scum.

Piers may be scum, but he played that interview perfectly. Alex Jones came off looking like a raving lunatic to anyone who is even remotely mainstream and Morgan didn't have to do anything but sit back and watch the trainwreck.

Unfortunately, all I could do for the entirety of the two segments is to think of how Jones fits all of the horrible international stereotypes of an American... Fat, bald, loud, obnoxious, stupid, rude and loaded with guns.

:facepalm

Dolphin
01-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Random thought as I'm about to go to bed....about needing these guns to protect the citizens of America from its gov't.

What if all of this money spent by lobby groups and individuals to promote this gun supporting culture was instead spent to have gov't work the way Americans want it to? Not to support a right or left wing agenda, but to create a framework and to support candidates where you don't have to worry about the gov't attacking its people in the future. Why not spend this money on grassroots political organizations that make it almost impossible for local, state, federal gov'ts to perform in a way that may lead to future gov't aggression against its citizens?

I'm not against the second amendment or believe if certain gun control laws were passed, that they would make a considerable difference. More gun control laws may be a band-aid solution in that they might stop a potential threat here or there, but there will always be that next tragedy......so wouldn't the solution of having more guns to protect citizens from it's gov't also be a band-aid solution?....sure, you're gonna have your guns and put up a fight against this hypothetical evil gov't, but they have tanks and fighter jets and rocket propelled grenade launchers....you might save a family from the evil gov't here or there, but you will eventually lose...you can't beat a gov't with nukes I'm afraid to tell you. lol.....wouldn't all of this money, in relation to protecting the people from the gov't, be better spent making sure the gov't doesn't become that "evil entity"? Wouldn't you rather put the time and money into making the gov't something to be proud of rather than fear?

Why is that never talked about?

Velocirap31
01-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Piers may be scum, but he played that interview perfectly. Alex Jones came off looking like a raving lunatic to anyone who is even remotely mainstream and Morgan didn't have to do anything but sit back and watch the trainwreck.

Unfortunately, all I could do for the entirety of the two segments is to think of how Jones fits all of the horrible international stereotypes of an American... Fat, bald, loud, obnoxious, stupid, rude and loaded with guns.

This is all I kept thinking to. The interview was likely seen by many people worldwide who might even think he is the norm.

Timmy D for MVP
01-09-2013, 03:07 AM
I chuckled.

He just came off as a lunatic, which may have been the intention of both parties involved.

What everyone needs to realize is that these shows are not news shows, they are entertainment shows. This is what happens when you have a 24 hour news cycle, unfortunately people cling to these shows (Morgan, Beck, etc.) as if they were news programs, failing to see that they are opinion and designed in a way to pull in the most viewers possible.

RoseCity07
01-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Just goes to show you how crazy these gun lovers are. The fact that the gun lobby supports these people speaks volumes on them.

bdreason
01-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Do people not realize that gun ownership still exists in countries that don't have the equivalency of the 2nd amendment???

My view is guns are a privilege not a right. However, in the American context, it is constitutional that restrictions can be put on place on the 2nd amendment

Also what evidence is there that the 2nd amendment is preventing your rights from disappearing as a few people like to claim???

the 2nd amendment did not stop the erosion of rights that were as a result of the war on terror/war on drugs.

I genuinely want to know where the fear that the Government will turn on the people comes from. I have not seen similar sentiments in other developed nations with strong democratic principles. Are not the checks, balances, and overall strong institutions already in place to prevent many of those fears from being realistic.

And if you have a legitimate fear about that occurring is gun ownership going to be the most effective way to deal with tyranny???

The problem is this country no longer belongs to the people. The process of electing people to represent our will (representative democracy) has been defiled by corporate america. Politicians win elections by accepting resources (bribes) from special interest groups and corporations, and from the day they are elected, pander to the interests of the groups that helped them get there.

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 03:17 AM

Losing your mind as an effective political tool. This video is going to replayed and replayed as the gun debate goes forward.

Responsible gun owners are not going to want their side represented by the extremists.

RoseCity07
01-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Wow watching this whole thing this guy is every single absurd argument wrapped up in one rant. This is doing nothing for their cause to have this psychotic asshole screaming at a reporter. His desperation and insecurity is palpable. Can you imagine how insecure you have to be to constantly talk over someone else?

The truth is powerful enough that you don't need to shout it. If you are on the right side of an issue you don't need to scream it in someones face. He personally blames Morgan like he's going to get guns banned.

I think the guy must have the smallest dick in the world. He looks like he's about to cry about this issue. He's absolutely hysterical.

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2013, 03:29 AM
This is all I kept thinking to. The interview was likely seen by many people worldwide who might even think he is the norm.
He is every anti-American joke stuffed into one rolly-poly body with mom jeans.

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 03:36 AM

I just clicked on this advertiser's link on Alex Jones' website.
http://www.livingresearchinstitute.com/men/3dangers/index_iw.html

It's amazing. It's all about the conspiracy to rob your testosterone and the marketing it based completely on Jones's paranoia. Ironically it's all delived in a British accent. They pronounce fluoride funny.

It reminded me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

MMM
01-09-2013, 03:43 AM
The problem is this country no longer belongs to the people. The process of electing people to represent our will (representative democracy) has been defiled by corporate america. Politicians win elections by accepting resources (bribes) from special interest groups and corporations, and from the day they are elected, pander to the interests of the groups that helped them get there.

I can agree with this, but what is the best way to address it???

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2013, 03:47 AM

It's amazing. It's all about the conspiracy to rob your testosterone and the marketing it based completely on Jones's paranoia. Ironically it's all delived in a British accent. They pronounce fluoride funny.

It reminded me of this
Holy mother of god. :oldlol:

That is a hilarious, relatively new demographic now being exploited by the same nonsense you see at halftime of any football game. You're fat, old, you have no libido... You don't even have the energy to Rise and Rebel Against the System (loved the random capitalizations throughout the presentation)... Here, take this supplement.

Oh, and btw...

Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking other medications, or have a serious medical condition, we suggest consulting with a physician before using a supplement. The information contained on this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice. The information may not apply to you and before you use any of the information provided on the site, you should contact a qualified medical, dietary, fitness, or other appropriate professional. If you utilize any information provided on this site, you do so at your own risk and you specifically waive any right to make any claim against the author and publisher of this website and materials as the result of the use of such information.

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Holy mother of god. :oldlol:

I don't know if you made it to the end of the video, but the tagline is basically, our product will help you stop being a sheep and be manly enough to stand up to the tyranny of the new world order.

That's not parody. It really does say that.

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2013, 04:08 AM
I don't know if you made it to the end of the video, but the tagline is basically, our product will help you stop being a sheep and be manly enough to stand up to the tyranny of the new world order.

That's not parody. It really does say that.
Yeah, that was the theme throughout. The quote I pointed out above... "You don't even have the energy to Rise and Rebel Against the System."

That was also a direct quote from the video (including the caps). Amazing stuff.

johndeeregreen
01-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Did he actually challenge him to a fight?:oldlol: That's awesome. I'll never understand how people can be so dead-set against any form of firearms regulation.

bdreason
01-09-2013, 04:30 AM
I can agree with this, but what is the best way to address it???

If I had an answer to that question, I wouldn't be a real estate agent. I usually just refer to a quote from Winston S. Churchill,

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Of course, Churchill also has this beauty of a quote, "

MMM
01-09-2013, 04:32 AM

It reminded me of this

:biggums:

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Did he actually challenge him to a fight?:oldlol: That's awesome. I'll never understand how people can be so dead-set against any form of firearms regulation.

I really love the videos Jones made afterwards. He was so courageous to brave the hellscape that is midtown manhattan. He day consisted of flying to New York, taking a limo to a hotel and then to a studio then back to a hotel and back to the airport and he's screaming about Hitler, the mafia, crackheads, white slavery and that evil dictator Mike Bloomberg.

So courageous of him to brave the gauntlet. Far to few have the kind of stones it takes.
http://www.itanas.com/personal/2010-08-20%20New%20York%20-%20Israel/Tourists%20taking%20pics%20at%20Times%20Square.jpg

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 04:38 AM

Yeah, he challenged him to a fight. He said he if they bring out a boxing ring he would show up in the red, white and blue and Morgan could wear....and you see this moment when he realizes the colors of the british flag are red, white and blue. :roll:

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2013, 04:52 AM
You clearly just aren't understanding the dire situation which has befallen this country. There is nowhere you can go without having "eyes" on you, let alone that liberal, communist hellscape that is NYC. You just need the right kind of eyes to really see it.

I've taken the liberty of pointing out the Bloomberg Agents for you. Be more aware next time you post such a frightening photo.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2j10upt.jpg

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 04:55 AM
LOL

knickballer
01-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Let me guess KevinNYC.. You're the typical sheeptard that watches CNN 24/7 and *********es to Piers Morgans british **** sliding down your throat?

Balla_Status
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Alex Jones flat out destroyed Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan is an idiot.

KevinNYC
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Let me guess KevinNYC.. You're the typical sheeptard that watches CNN 24/7 and *********es to Piers Morgans british **** sliding down your throat?

And you would guess wrong. But you're wrong about most things aren't you?

RedBlackAttack
01-10-2013, 01:10 AM
If "destroying" a host means monopolizing the conversation, not allowing the host to speak, refusing to answer any direct questions and spending the last 24 hours being laughed at by an entire country, then yes... He destroyed him.

This has very little to do with what you or I may think of Piers Morgan (I'm not a fan) and more to do with how completely insane Alex Jones came off.

KevinNYC
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM

Balla, I never took you for a flat-out wingnut. Wow. Even though the bolded may be true, Jones came across like a deranged lunatic. Did you think Jones came across well when he was saying portions of our government blew up the WTC on 9/11?

Rasheed1
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
piers morgan is a straight idiot and a clown ass... very hard to have any positive feelings toward the guy...

alex jones is a knucklehead who is waay too overdramatic

just a couple of jerkoffs

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
The same politicians/ tv people screaming for more gun control roll with 5+ armed body guards :roll: :roll:

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Balla, I never took you for a flat-out wingnut. Wow.

Is this your response to everything? Every time someone says something to you its

A. "Watch moar FAUXXX"

B. "Right wing Loon"

c. *insert bitchmade biased NY Times article* then ignore people who point out multiple aspects that it omits :facepalm

You're weak lol, even the crazy conservatives on here expose you for the fake smart guy that you are

TheMan
01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I can't believe there are some people here who actually think Jones won that "debate":facepalm

I guess shouting like a madman at your debate opponent is a winning strategy for some...:oldlol:

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Alex jones challenged him to a fist fight, dude is bout that life

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m53lO2M79i4/Ty33RcyOP_I/AAAAAAAAAKc/dIZEcSkOH0A/s1600/jack.jpeg

Balla_Status
01-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Balla, I never took you for a flat-out wingnut. Wow. Even though the bolded may be true, Jones came across like a deranged lunatic. Did you think Jones came across well when he was saying portions of our government blew up the WTC on 9/11?

Didn't catch that part and I ignored all the other BS. Everything in regards to gun control and gun/crime statistics, Alex Jones destroyed Piers on. He's dead on but you and other anti-gun advocates choose to ignore it. If you can't see the point in him addressing the crime increase in Britain after banning guns, there's no helping you.

This guy kinda sums it up a little better. A lot calmer as well. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0)

daily
01-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I can't believe there are some people here who actually think Jones won that "debate":facepalm

I guess shouting like a madman at your debate opponent is a winning strategy for some...:oldlol:
It's confirmation bias. If the guy even gets close to being coherent once in a 20 minute interview that's good enough for them.

Doomsday Dallas
01-11-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.fox19.com/story/20538164/piers-morgan-vs-alex-jones-and-gun-homicide-rates

Reality Check: Piers Morgan vs. Alex Jones, and the truth about gun homicide rates (good video)

TheMan
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
^^I was about to click on the link then I saw the word FOX:facepalm

MMM
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
In the gun debate I think we need to go beyond just stats. What we need to discuss is the gun culture and how to reduce the unhealthy amount of fear that some have over their government. There is nothing wrong with some fear of the government but with the institutions, checks and balances in place, it seems absurd that people think tyranny can "easily" take root. However, what these same people miss is, that strengthening the institutions, checks, and balances is far more effective in preventing tyranny.

Even if there was no 2nd amendment there would still be gun ownership. For example, Canada has quite a bit of gun ownership but does not have the equivalency of the 2nd amendment. I've said this before but many other nations have produce just as many freedoms as America or actually have freer societies without an equivalency of the 2nd amendment. Yet, there aren't many who have a fear that their government is going to turn on them.

ballup
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Even Bill O'Reilly thinks this man is rude.

JtotheIzzo
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
what a f*cking idiot.

TheMan
01-11-2013, 11:56 AM
In the gun debate I think we need to go beyond just stats. What we need to discuss is the gun culture and how to reduce the unhealthy amount of fear that some have over their government. There is nothing wrong with some fear of the government but with the institutions, checks and balances in place, it seems absurd that people think tyranny can "easily" take root. However, what these same people miss is, that strengthening the institutions, checks, and balances is far more effective in preventing tyranny.

Even if there was no 2nd amendment there would still be gun ownership. For example, Canada has quite a bit of gun ownership but does not have the equivalency of the 2nd amendment. I've said this before but many other nations have produce just as many freedoms as America or actually have freer societies without an equivalency of the 2nd amendment. Yet, there aren't many who have a fear that their government is going to turn on them.
These tyrannical government dudes think that one day they'll wake up to, I'll say Obama as an example because most of those guys are right wing and we all know Obama is a "socialist"...anyways, these doofuses think they'll wake up to see that Obama has thrown all the GOP/opposition/all political foes in prision, now the secret state police is knocking on your door to take your guns away and rush you and your family to the re-education camps. Like this is gonna happen all of a sudden and the only thing between us and that terrible fate is our guns:facepalm

Checks and balances, numbnuts, it works...if Dick "Darth Vader" Cheney couldn't set up a dictatorship here, no one can:oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Didn't catch that part and I ignored all the other BS. Everything in regards to gun control and gun/crime statistics, Alex Jones destroyed Piers on. He's dead on but you and other anti-gun advocates choose to ignore it. If you can't see the point in him addressing the crime increase in Britain after banning guns, there's no helping you.

This guy kinda sums it up a little better. A lot calmer as well. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0)

I live in Britain, and no one I know has been a victim of violent crime (unarmed burglary doesn't count as violent, does it?). I don't know anyone who's been shot, even with an air rifle, or stabbed. Britain, as far as I can tell, is a far safer place to live in than America. But I'm interested to know if there are statistics to show otherwise.

My main point would be: which would you rather be higher, firearm homicides or violent crime? I know what I'd think...

KevinNYC
01-12-2013, 03:15 AM
[QUOTE]The CEO of a Tennessee company that specializes weapons and tactical training is threatening to

KevinNYC
01-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Here's a video from last week where he says he won't give up his assault weapons and talks about his friends are talking about Civil War. Right now he hopes they can handle this at the "ballot box and not the cartridge box." But if "it comes time, we'll do what we have to do."

He starts the video thanking the folks at Monster Energy Drink for the T shirt he's wearing. I bet they are thrilled.:lol :lol :lol :lol

KevinNYC
01-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Also the "Hitler took the guns" argument that Jones was spewing is one those zombie lies you can't kill. It just keeps coming back to life.
If you want the real truth about the history of gun ownership in Germany. You may want to check out these links.

The short version is gun ownership was severely restricted in Germany before Hitler came to power by the Treaty of Versailles under the Weinmar Republic. They may have gone further than the Treaty required and this was primarily because there routine street fighting in Germany by the Crips and Bloods of their day. Except in the case of Weinmar Germany it was the Nazis and the Communists and both would have loved to take over the state.

The laws were relaxed significantly in 1928 and again under Hitler in 1938 and more importantly gun registration played absolutely no part in Hitler coming to power or pursuing any of his programs.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/hitler-stalin-gun-control
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/files/files/harcourt_fordham.pdf

kNIOKAS
01-12-2013, 09:28 AM
He replaced video with another one that edited out his threat to kill people, however Raw Story kept the original. (Raw Story (http://s.tt/1yf6S))

He's tried to talk walk this back a bit, but he just can't help himself (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/01/just_watch_this.php?ref=fpblg) and he sure seems like he wants to shoot people.

And the state of Tennesee has revoked his carry permit. (http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/state-suspends-handgun-carry-permit-of-tactical-response)
:lol :lol
He tried to maintain himself to the best, but still came out as a gunswinger... It was a bit painful to watch, as I see the guy in him that is not that bright or self-disciplined, yet he talks smooth...smooth... and then slips a bit again
uh uh

ballup
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Also the "Hitler took the guns" argument that Jones was spewing is one those zombie lies you can't kill. It just keeps coming back to life.
If you want the real truth about the history of gun ownership in Germany. You may want to check out these links.

The short version is gun ownership was severely restricted in Germany before Hitler came to power by the Treaty of Versailles under the Weinmar Republic. They may have gone further than the Treaty required and this was primarily because there routine street fighting in Germany by the Crips and Bloods of their day. Except in the case of Weinmar Germany it was the Nazis and the Communists and both would have loved to take over the state.

The laws were relaxed significantly in 1928 and again under Hitler in 1938 and more importantly gun registration played absolutely no part in Hitler coming to power or pursuing any of his programs.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/hitler-stalin-gun-control
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/files/files/harcourt_fordham.pdf
The Mao Zedong argument is awfully flawed too. Even if the common Chinese folk had the right to bear firearms, very few would have a firearm anyways because the general population was too poor to afford one for each household.

The "dictators rise from gun control" is a dumb causation argument. Dictators rise because they either have an army, they have a large enough supporting crowd, or the government is extremely vulnerable to be taken over.

MMM
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
The Mao Zedong argument is awfully flawed too. Even if the common Chinese folk had the right to bear firearms, very few would have a firearm anyways because the general population was too poor to afford one for each household.

The "dictators rise from gun control" is a dumb causation argument. Dictators rise because they either have an army, they have a large enough supporting crowd, or the government is extremely vulnerable to be taken over.

just want to add that American constitutions already has checks in place from preventing such take overs. However, if these people were serious about being worried about Tyranny, then why don't they debate ideas to strengthening the constitution instead of scaring Americans to stock pile weapons and ammo.

ballup
01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
just want to add that American constitutions already has checks in place from preventing such take overs. However, if these people were serious about being worried about Tyranny, then why don't they debate ideas to strengthening the constitution instead of scaring Americans to stock pile weapons and ammo.
Culturally, we don't see the Cold War as a bad thing. For the American public, it's kind of those grey areas in US history like the War of 1812. That's part of the reason as to why some people don't see anything wrong with two sides building up arms, but not really fighting.

daily
01-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.

Dro
01-12-2013, 03:40 PM

/thread

ShaqAttack3234
01-12-2013, 03:50 PM
I live in Britain, and no one I know has been a victim of violent crime (unarmed burglary doesn't count as violent, does it?). I don't know anyone who's been shot, even with an air rifle, or stabbed. Britain, as far as I can tell, is a far safer place to live in than America. But I'm interested to know if there are statistics to show otherwise.

My main point would be: which would you rather be higher, firearm homicides or violent crime? I know what I'd think...

It would be impossible to make the USA like England. There's 53 million people in England, there's 315 million people in the USA. The size difference alone makes it impossible to make a comparison. Especially with Mexico right there. There will always be guns in the USA. If we can't stop people from getting in, then stopping guns from being smuggled in is not going to be too successful. Of course, there will also be dirty cops who sell their guns in addition to many guns already on the street, far too many to possibly get them all.

To answer your question, I'd rather be in a place where the law abiding citizens have a chance to protect themselves against the criminals who will potentially break in to your home.

MMM
01-12-2013, 04:02 PM
It would be impossible to make the USA like England. There's 53 million people in England, there's 315 million people in the USA. The size difference alone makes it impossible to make a comparison. Especially with Mexico right there. There will always be guns in the USA. If we can't stop people from getting in, then stopping guns from being smuggled in is not going to be too successful. Of course, there will also be dirty cops who sell their guns in addition to many guns already on the street, far too many to possibly get them all.

To answer your question, I'd rather be in a place where the law abiding citizens have a chance to protect themselves against the criminals who will potentially break in to your home.

Yes you have the right to protect my self should there be a better balance between your personal right and our collective rights???

Irresponsible gun owners and the irresponsible lack of regulation need to be looked at so we can protect the rights of law abiding citizens.

Dro
01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
lol @ the government caring about the rights of law abiding citizens...Really, a lot of us must live in different worlds...

Nanners
01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Cory Booker - Gun violence false debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTB8oZFAJ4)

I think this guy will be president someday

MMM
01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Cory Booker - Gun violence false debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTB8oZFAJ4)

I think this guy will be president someday

Unfortunately, I think he might be too left for most Americans on some issues.

Dasher
01-12-2013, 04:24 PM
This is a cop out. Americans love citing corporate influence in politics to absolve themselves of responsibility in the stewardship of the country.

ShaqAttack3234
01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes you have the right to protect my self should there be a better balance between your personal right and our collective rights???

Irresponsible gun owners and the irresponsible lack of regulation need to be looked at so we can protect the rights of law abiding citizens.

I don't think everyone should have a gun. Particularly people with a history of violent crimes. I also think you should have to take a test under the supervision of someone who determines if you're competent and safe with your gun before you get a permit, similar to a driver's license.

I'm not against some regulations on gun ownership, but making guns completely illegal is just a nonsensical fantasy. And most violent criminals don't own their guns legally. Most don't want it documented, and most have had previous legal problems. Those are the people I'm really worried about. And if the average person isn't allowed to have a gun, many of those types, the people I don't want to have a gun still will.

Look, I hate people who don't look at gun ownership as a serious responsibility and treat it accordingly. There will unfortunately always be those people, just like there will always be drunk drivers.

Deranged nutjobs aren't the norm, though. And many of the times, it isn't their gun. What the gun owners have to do is keep their guns safe where only they can access them. Unfortunately, you can't police that. But what's to stop a deranged person from buying an illegal gun on the street?