PDA

View Full Version : James Harden or Carmelo Anthony: Who Would You Rather Have?

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Im personally going with Harden

Budadiiii
01-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Westbrook

Segatti
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Harden.

Skywalker
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Harden of course.

niko
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Harden's only a worse shooter, worse defensively and plays an easier to fill position. Clearly Harden because he's a Rocket.

millwad
01-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Harden's only a worse shooter, worse defensively and plays an easier to fill position. Clearly Harden because he's a Rocket.

Different positions, ypu're comparing forward compared to a guard.
And Harden is a much better playmaker.

KingLeBronJames
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
James Harden is not all that great. I'd take Melo.

TexasBloodMoney
01-10-2013, 02:16 PM
James Harden just drives into the paint and throws his arms up hoping for a foul. He usually gets the calls but if he isn't, he's pretty awful.... and he's a bitch that flops.

I'll take Melo.

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 02:16 PM

Definitely. It isn't even really close either.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-10-2013, 02:19 PM

And Harden is better at getting to the line, finishing around the rim, and playmaking for his teammates.

Donnybrook
01-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Carmelo without a doubt. Harden shows more inconsistency and cannot close out games like we've seen Melo do.

Maybe Harden will surpass Melo as far as consistency and ability, but right now it's all Melo. I mean, we're talking about one guy who isn't in the MVP talks and one guy who arguably is. You tell me why.

2LeTTeRS
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd take Melo still. He's simply a better pure scorer and closer than Harden.

STATUTORY
01-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Carmelo without a doubt. Harden shows more inconsistency and cannot close out games like we've seen Melo do.

Maybe Harden will surpass Melo as far as consistency and ability, but right now it's all Melo. I mean, we're talking about one guy who isn't in the MVP talks and one guy who arguably is. You tell me why.
media? hype? east coast bias? :confusedshrug:

cause it ain't basketball reasons

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 02:23 PM

Harden name is starting to float around the MVP talks. Not top 5 by any means, but he is getting some love. Melo's MVP consideration is dropping faster than a girl's panties on prom night.

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd take Melo still. He's simply a better pure scorer and closer than Harden.

Closer is such a stupid, stupid way to rate players.

LoneyROY7
01-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Expected response from a LeBron stan.

millwad
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM

How is Harden more inconsistent?

Harden just broke the Rockets franchise record when it comes to scoring 25 points or more in a row and he has only been playing for the Rockets for a few couple of months.

And lets not forget that Houston used to have players like Moses Malone, Sampson, Olajuwon and T-mac..

Clutch
01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Melo. It's not really that close.

Rasheed1
01-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Carmelo Anthony

fpliii
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Harden. Even if you think they're close as players (which is arguable, though I think Harden impacts the game more), Melo's 5 years older than Harden.

Melo is the better clutch shooter though.

niko
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
i feel bad for the people who don't see this is a troll thread and are providing detailed analysis.

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Expected response from a LeBron stan.

The same LeBron that led the league in 4th quarter points in the league at one point? The same one that closed every playoff series for Miami last season? I know it may be hard to believe for a fan of loser players like yourself (Melo, Gordon :oldlol: ) but there is more to the game than scoring. Its always the same empty arguements coming from stans like you. The same people that try to say Melo is the best scorer in the league because he is a "flashier" than Durant :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Melo. It's not really that close.

It's not close if you're a Knicks fan, I agree.

Clutch
01-10-2013, 02:46 PM
It's not close if you're a Knicks fan, I agree.
It's not close if you're not a troll. If you're trolling of course Harden is better.

i feel bad for the people who don't see this is a troll thread and are providing detailed analysis.
this

STATUTORY
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
which team will go further in the playoffs this year? rockets or knicks?

LeFraud James
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Somebody call the circus.

One of the chimps escaped and got a hold of a computer.

fpliii
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
It's not close if you're not a troll. If you're trolling of course Harden is better.

I don't consider myself to be a troll, and I'm not a Knicks hater either (I actually live in market). I just don't buy that it's not close, and my personal preference is for Harden.

NumberSix
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Clubber Lang

Sarcastic
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't consider myself to be a troll, and I'm not a Knicks hater either (I actually live in market). I just don't buy that it's not close, and my personal preference is for Harden.

You're definitely a hater though.

fpliii
01-10-2013, 03:01 PM

A Melo hater or a Knicks hater?

Fudge
01-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Give me Melo still.

LoneyROY7
01-10-2013, 03:03 PM
The same LeBron that led the league in 4th quarter points in the league at one point? The same one that closed every playoff series for Miami last season? I know it may be hard to believe for a fan of loser players like yourself (Melo, Gordon :oldlol: ) but there is more to the game than scoring. Its always the same empty arguements coming from stans like you. The same people that try to say Melo is the best scorer in the league because he is a "flashier" than Durant :oldlol:

Eric Gordon's reg. season winning percentage over the last season and a 1/3 = .714

Lebron's reg. season winning percentage over the last season and a 1/3 = .697

pegasus
01-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Melo, of course.

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Eric Gordon's reg. season winning percentage over the last season and a 1/3 = .714

Lebron's reg. season winning percentage over the last season and a 1/3 = .697

How many playoff wins? Exactly. Go watch And 1 hightlights now.

Mr Exlax
01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
You know what, it's gonna sound biased since I'm a Rocket fan, but I would take Harden. I've followed the guy since he was drafted. Melo just lacks that attitude and desire I see in winners.

red1
01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Close but I take melo because he has been doing his thing longer and is more proven. Im noticing that people underrate harden. He is legit and can easily surpass melo

RRR3
01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Shut the **** up, you sound like an idiot. Having a difference in opinion is not "hating", Jesus Christ. There are legitimate arguments for Harden, stop being so biased.

brandonislegend
01-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Harden weirdly enough

Wally450
01-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Harden, buts its closer than the experts think.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
01-10-2013, 03:50 PM
This is ridiculous. Melo is top five in the nba while honestly, Harden isn't even top 10. Harden's a good player but he's not better than Melo especially not this year.

Ikill
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Shut the **** up, you sound like an idiot. Having a difference in opinion is not "hating", Jesus Christ. There are legitimate arguments for Harden, stop being so biased.
:facepalm

ClutchOver9000
01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
lol this exact shit is posted about once every week by the same exact sockpuppet and every time ppl actually respond to it like its totally new... :lol

Like Niko said, toasting in a roll bread....

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
lol this exact shit is posted about once every week by the same exact sockpuppet and every time ppl actually respond to it like its totally new... :lol

Like Niko said, toasting in a roll bread....

This nothing more than the melo/knicks hate agenda of that F@ggot Silk. he post the same threads over and over with 95% of them having to do with the knicks or an agenda to discredit them.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
People acting like this isn't a legitimate debate should watch Harden this year, dude is amazing.

muppets
01-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Melo. Harden isn't in the same league yet.

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Harden

The_Yearning
01-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Houston almost has an identical record to NY with lest talent and playing in the WEST.

They don't get to play the Wizards, Bobcats, and Pistons 4 times a year.

That's 12 free wins.

rezznor
01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Houston almost has an identical record to NY with lest talent and playing in the WEST.

That's 12 free wins.
not to mention the rockets have crushed the knicks this year

DuMa
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Melo still but Harden is not that far. I'll give Melo until the end of the season if he doesnt fufill expectations. and my expectations for him and the Knicks is getting to the ECF and giving Miami at least 6 games while Melo carrying them every game in scoring and possibly rebounding as well

fpliii
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Here are the votes so far (outright stated or directly implied)

Melo
niko*
KingLeBronJames
TexasBloodMoney
Donnybrook
2LeTTeRS
Clutch*
Rasheed1
Fudge
pegasus
red1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk*
ClutchOver9000*
kimmy77x*
muppets*
DuMa

Harden
SilkkTheShocker
Segatti
Skywalker
millwad†
fpliii
Mt Exlax†
brandonislegend
Wally450
TylerOO
StateOfMind12
JellyBean

* Knicks fans
† Rockets fans

Melo has 15 votes, Harden has 11. However, at least 6 of Melo's votes are by Knicks fans, while all of only 2 of Harden's are so far (let me know if I missed anyone from either fanbase). It's 9-8 if you remove those votes. The majority of the Melo votes all claim there's no debate and/or it's not remotely close.

:confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Here are the votes so far (outright stated or directly implied)

Melo
niko*
KingLeBronJames
TexasBloodMoney
Donnybrook
2LeTTeRS
Clutch*
Rasheed1
Fudge
pegasus
red1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk*
ClutchOver9000*
kimmy77x*
muppets*
DuMa

Harden
SilkkTheShocker
Segatti
Skywalker
millwad†
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
fpliii
Mt Exlax†
brandonislegend
Wally450
TylerOO†

* Knicks fans
† Rockets fans

Melo has 15 votes, Harden has 10. However, at least 6 of Melo's votes are by Knicks fans, while all of only 3 of Harden's are so far (let me know if I missed anyone from either fanbase). It's 9-7 if you remove those votes. The majority of the Melo votes all claim there's no debate and/or it's not remotely close.

:confusedshrug:

It's closer than some people think.

I wouldn't rank Harden over Melo, but he does do some things better.

StateOfMind12
01-10-2013, 05:04 PM
James BallSoHarden

Blue&Orange
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I find it funny that rarely there is a knicks thread in the main forum, other than the knicks gamethreads and when there is, 90% of time is made by non knicks fans, while at the same time there are always all kinds of retarded threads by others fanbases, but it's knicks fans that are this and that... :lol

And Knicks gamethreads are often threadcrapped and when knicks lose it's like happyhour, but it's knicks that are this and that... :lol

Jealousy is a bitch.

Sarcastic
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=fpliii]Here are the votes so far (outright stated or directly implied)

Melo
niko*
KingLeBronJames
TexasBloodMoney
Donnybrook
2LeTTeRS
Clutch*
Rasheed1
Fudge
pegasus
red1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk*
ClutchOver9000*
kimmy77x*
muppets*
DuMa

Harden
SilkkTheShocker
Segatti
Skywalker
millwad

Sarcastic
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM

That's 12 free wins.

Melo has already missed 6 games already, and they Knicks have had some of the worst injuries so far this year. But don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

On top of that, Houston went out of their way to overpay our #1 point guard from last year. Houston isn't exactly a talentless team that Harden is carrying on a nightly basis.

fpliii
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
This forum is made up of mostly trolls and haters. Who cares how anyone voted.

Honestly ask yourself, if Houston and NY were talking trade, which turns down the deal first?

Houston. Carmelo is 5 years older...

It's debatable who's better now, but if you're building around a guy, isn't the choice obvious?

StateOfMind12
01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm not a Rockets fan and I doubt Tyler is either.

Sarcastic
01-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Houston. Carmelo is 5 years older...

It's debatable who's better now, but if you're building around a guy, isn't the choice obvious?

Knicks are trying to win within the next 3 years. Melo gives them the better chance for that. They would never trade him for Harden at this point. Maybe when Melo is in his 30s, and Harden is in his mid to late 20s. But now, never do they make that trade.

SilkkTheShocker
01-10-2013, 05:35 PM
I find it funny that rarely there is a knicks thread in the main forum, other than the knicks gamethreads and when there is, 90% of time is made by non knicks fans, while at the same time there are always all kinds of retarded threads by others fanbases, but it's knicks fans that are this and that... :lol

And Knicks gamethreads are often threadcrapped and when knicks lose it's like happyhour, but it's knicks that are this and that... :lol

Jealousy is a bitch.

Thats it. People are jealous of franchise that is on the same tier as the Bucks

JellyBean
01-10-2013, 05:36 PM
James Harden. He is so versatile. When you get a player that is good on both ends of the floor, you have a solid player.

Blue&Orange
01-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Heat could win 10 in a row and they would still be a shitty franchise compared with the Knicks :lol

Knicks would still go to heat arena and feel like they were at home with all the cheering. :lol

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Correct. I'm not a Rockets fan at all. I just recognize greatness

fpliii
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Correct. I'm not a Rockets fan at all. I just recognize greatness

Ah okay, that just furthers my point then. I'll edit the post.

STATUTORY
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Ah okay, that just furthers my point then. I'll edit the post.
:roll: u realize that's the same poster right?

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 05:47 PM
:roll: u realize that's the same poster right?
:facepalm

Heavincent
01-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm not a Rockets fan

Then how come you once had the username RocketGreatness? :confusedshrug:

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Makes sense that you of all posters would say that
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/567/617/287/resized/cry-baby-lebron-meme-generator-4th-quarter-no-thanks-i-am-too-cool-9250b7.jpg

Skywalker
01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
whens the last time someone averaged 29 ppg with only 2 ast lmao

KG215
01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Right now I'd take Carmelo. Going forward I'd take Harden, easily.

che guevara
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
It's debateable who's having a better season, but I will say that Harden right now is clearly superior to any previous version of Melo.

Heat could win 10 in a row and they would still be a shitty franchise compared with the Knicks :lol

Knicks would still go to heat arena and feel like they were at home with all the cheering. :lol
:oldlol: LOL @ this. If a team could win 10 titles in a row and be "shitty", then the word has lost any meaning it could've had.

Let's be real dude, nobody is jealous of the Knicks, they're jealous of real contenders and teams that actually have had recent success (Lakers, Heat, Celtics, Spurs). Not a second teir pretender who has won one playoff game in the last 10 years.

I love how Knicks fans always assume we're somehow "jealous" of them. Uh, of what, exactly? I'd freely admit it if I was, but they're not a historically successful franchise, haven't had ANY recent success, and they're not even real contenders right now.

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=fpliii]Here are the votes so far (outright stated or directly implied)

Melo
niko*
KingLeBronJames
TexasBloodMoney
Donnybrook
2LeTTeRS
Clutch*
Rasheed1
Fudge
pegasus
red1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk*
ClutchOver9000*
kimmy77x*
muppets*
DuMa

Harden
SilkkTheShocker
Segatti
Skywalker
millwad

ChuckOakley
01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Melo is the better player, but if we're taking everything into consideration.. Harden has a lot going for him...

-Much younger
-Locked in for 5.5 years at a smaller cost
-SG is probably the most shallow position in the NBA right now

It also really depends on the team. Do they need a SG or a SF? Are they trying to win it all now, or are they building something? I think Harden makes sense and fits better on more teams, but for the contenders I think they take Melo.

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 06:19 PM
whens the last time someone averaged 29 ppg with only 2 ast lmao

Since when is it a forwards job to average pg like assist? oh right never

Blue&Orange
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
:oldlol: LOL @ this. If a team could win 10 titles in a row and be "shitty", then the word has lost any meaning it could've had.

Reading and comprehension skills are fundamental, i said shitty compared to, not shitty.

brandonislegend
01-10-2013, 06:23 PM

When your top 5 in usage rate you probably should be doing some playmaking be real man.

Skywalker
01-10-2013, 06:24 PM

A natural part of being a good offensive player is setting up other players when that is the right play. Any offensive player putting up 29 ppg and having the ball in their hands that much usually has minimum 4 ast to go along with it. 2.3 is shocking, almost makes me think he doesn't like to pass.

upside24
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Difficult choice.

Both are terrific scorers but Melo has the edge there since he has such versatility. Harden is the better playmaker and passer but Melo is a better rebounder. Defensively they are about the same though Harden is 6th in steals getting 1.9 a game.

I guess I'd go with Melo since he has games where he gets hot and is completely unguardable. That and in the playoffs the game slows down and Melo's ability to score in a myriad of ways makes him better in the halfcourt.

Harden is one of the leaders in fast break PPG and gets a lot of easy basket in transition. In the playoffs a lot of those easy baskets won't be there.

Harden is a monster though.:bowdown:

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 06:27 PM
A natural part of being a good offensive player is setting up other players when that is the right play. Any offensive player putting up 29 ppg and having the ball in their hands that much usually has minimum 4 ast to go along with it. 2.3 is shocking, almost makes me think he doesn't like to pass.

Well its pretty obvious you dont watch many knick games because if you did you would know melo share's the ball alot.

Skywalker
01-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Just dug into it a bit. Gervin and Nique two guys with similar assist stats to Melo while being up around 30 ppg.

All three have something in common in terms of achievements.

2LeTTeRS
01-10-2013, 06:29 PM

You realize that he plays with 2 point guards right? Seeing that Melo has been by far the best scorer on the floor for the Knicks this year, and playing this way has led to his most successful regular season ever why should he playing differently?

Sarcastic
01-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Who should he be passing to? Felton is shooting below 40% for the year. Tyson Chandler can only score off putbacks and alley oops. Jason Kidd is not exactly a scorer. JR Smith comes off the bench which doesn't maximize minutes with him. Novak can't ever get open. Ronnie Brewer is awful. Who are his scorers that he can pass to? He averaged about 4 assists per game when he played with Iverson, and Iverson had by far his most efficient scoring seasons ever playing next to Melo.

upside24
01-10-2013, 06:31 PM
A lot of Melo's passes lead to an assist for the player he passed to. Hockey assist.

When he gets doubled in the post he kicks it out to a nearby player who swings it to whoever is open.

He doesn't get credit for an assist, but he is the reason for another player being open since he drew the double.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Of players who have had a usage percentage of higher than 34 (like Carmelo this year) he has the second fewest assists per game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=usg_pct&c1comp=gt&c1val=34&c2stat=mp_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=30&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ast_per_g

Ikill
Doesn't seem like you have seen many Knicks games this year

Skywalker
You realize that he plays with 2 point guards right? Seeing that Melo has been by far the best scorer on the floor for the Knicks this year, and playing this way has led to his most successful regular season ever why should he playing differently?

Maybe, but when he gets dominated by PP in the playoffs or Lebron or some other SF locks him up for 6-25 FG can he switch it up or flounder and fail to playmake.

upside24
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Just dug into it a bit. Gervin and Nique two guys with similar assist stats to Melo while being up around 30 ppg.

All three have something in common in terms of achievements.
LeBron has always scored well and been near the top in assists yet he didn't win a championship until he joined Wade and Bosh.

Maybe teammates have something to do with a players success, since basketball is a team sport.

Sarcastic
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Maybe, but when he gets dominated by PP in the playoffs or Lebron or some other SF locks him up for 6-25 FG can he switch it up or flounder and fail to playmake.

He didn't get locked up in the playoffs the last 2 years. His teammates just sucked. He put up 26/10 and 28/8 in the last 2 years. The Knicks just had huge injuries both years.

Skywalker
01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
He didn't get locked up in the playoffs the last 2 years. His teammates just sucked. He put up 26/10 and 28/8 in the last 2 years. The Knicks just had huge injuries both years.

mmm 42% FG and 11 assists in 5 games last year vs. Miami

under 40% vs Boston 2 years ago

selective memory?

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 06:40 PM

selective memory?

What does that matter he still scored at will regardless the defender, someone needs to actually watch games instead of box scores.

Ikill
01-10-2013, 06:41 PM

selective memory?
He didn't play good but it was basically Melo vs elite defense in Miami and Boston

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 06:42 PM

New York owns you, and you can't stand it :roll:

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/lebron-james-101107-lg.jpg

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/da76da3b52b57a1197fab5e1fa59e215/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2011/06/yankee-cap-moments/rzd-lebron.jpg

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
What does that matter he still scored at will regardless the defender, someone needs to actually watch games instead of box scores.

Not sure if you know the definition of the term "scoring at will"

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
New York owns you, and you can't stand it :roll:

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/lebron-james-101107-lg.jpg

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/da76da3b52b57a1197fab5e1fa59e215/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2011/06/yankee-cap-moments/rzd-lebron.jpg

Your an idiot. Where is the Knicks hat? Oh right its the yankees franchise that runs NY. Baseball teams are jealous of the Yankees but basketball fans/teams are definitely not jealous of the Knicks. Yanks have like 26 championships, they are actually successful.

Draz
01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I love melo, I love watching him play I'm fine with him on my team.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 06:46 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/efgeas.png

stylesp
01-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Chuckbe.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Knicks have one of the longest stretches of continued playoff success in NBA history 14 consecutive playoff appearances from 1988-2001

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Knicks have one of the longest stretches of continued playoff success in NBA history 14 consecutive playoff appearances from 1988-2001

All the trophies the Knicks have are covered in dust. They haven't done shit lately.

Young X
01-10-2013, 06:56 PM
One playoff win in the last 10 years.

Blue&Orange
01-10-2013, 07:00 PM

selective memory?
Right, because being double and triple teamed by the celtics because he was playing alongside Toney Douglas and Jeffries had nothing to do with it.

Knicks scorers last season were, Shumpert defensive player, Amare, Baron Davids and Lin, they all went down.

It's easy to lockdown someone when there's nobody else... did you saw Novak getting open looks against the Heat?

Melo with the second scoring threat finally back playing 20 minutes and without Felton = 40-6-6.

What passes by playmaking nowadays = holding up the ball, doing absolutely nothing, waiting until someone gets open passing to him and hoping he scores!

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 07:02 PM
One playoff win in the last 10 years.

Please explain what that has to do with this year? or is that the only insult you haters have left?

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Please explain what that has to do with this year? or is that the only insult you haters have left?

Your an idiot. There are Knick fans in here saying how people are jealous of the Knicks franchise and he's pointing out that there is nothing to be jealous about, which is true.

Young X
01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
It has to do with people thinking anyone is jealous of the Knicks when they're basically a glorified version of the Bucks/Warriors.

Blue&Orange
01-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Your an idiot. There are Knick fans in here saying how people are jealous of the Knicks franchise and he's pointing out that there is nothing to be jealous about, which is true.
There aren't? so why the jealousy? I'm just stating obvious behaviors.

I guess Horry >>>> Lebron, Horry is the GOAT! :roll: Lebron have nothing on Horry!

I repeat loud and clear, so that the douchebag that made the 117 thread "Who would you take Melo or <ins>" understands.

THe heat could win 10 titles in a row and would still be a shitty franchise compared to the Knicks.

Heat 2 tainted championships, one gifted by the refs and Stern, D-Whistle on all his glory, the other based on going under the table and over NBA rules and start recruiting players still under contract.

Money 23
01-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Melo is 10x years deep, he is what he is ... Harden has more upside.

DStebb716
01-10-2013, 07:18 PM

So when somebody says that Melo is better you can't compare them because they play different positions... but when you say Harden is better YOU can compare players at different positions? Dipshit.

It's Melo and there is no discussion. Melo is the better shooter, defender and leader. Melo has played at a higher level than Harden is right now for an extended period of time. Harden has only been doing it for under 40 games.

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
It has to do with people thinking anyone is jealous of the Knicks when they're basically a glorified version of the Bucks/Warriors.

Because people like you have showed unconditional hate for the knicks because of their success this year always trying to put them down theres no other explanation. That comes of as being jealous because you were so used to them loosing now that their winning people dont like it for some reason. But it really doesn't matter jealousy or not the knicks will always be relevant and in the news win or loose, glorified bucks or warriors or not, no matter how much you hate that fact DEAL with it :lol :lol

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 07:22 PM
There aren't? so why the jealousy? I'm just stating obvious behaviors.

I guess Horry >>>> Lebron, Horry is the GOAT! :roll: Lebron have nothing on Horry!

I repeat loud and clear, so that the douchebag that made the 117 thread "Who would you take Melo or <ins>" understands.

THe heat could win 10 titles in a row and would still be a shitty franchise compared to the Knicks.

Heat 2 tainted championships, one gifted by the refs and Stern, D-Whistle on all his glory, the other based on going under the table and over NBA rules and start recruiting players still under contract.

*yawn* We're all jealous of the Knicks, happy ******?

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Because people like you have showed unconditional hate for the knicks because of their success this year always trying to put them down theres no other explanation. That comes of as being jealous because you were so used to them loosing now that their winning people dont like it for some reason. But it really doesn't matter jealousy or not the knicks will always be relevant and in the news win or loose, glorified bucks or warriors or not, no matter how much you hate that fact DEAL with it :lol :lol

Yay, the Knicks are relevant for the regular season! Too bad LeBron will smash them in the playoffs again.

millwad
01-10-2013, 07:25 PM
So when somebody says that Melo is better you can't compare them because they play different positions... but when you say Harden is better YOU can compare players at different positions? Dipshit.

It's Melo and there is no discussion. Melo is the better shooter, defender and leader. Melo has played at a higher level than Harden is right now for an extended period of time. Harden has only been doing it for under 40 games.

No, stupid.

He mentioned something as stupid as FG%, Melo is a forward and Harden is a guard and forwards are supposed to shoot with a higher FG%.

And Harden this far is making 45% of his shots, Melo is making 46% of his shots. If someone really wants to make a case for a player due that difference while missing out that Harden averages 3 more assists per game then I don't know what to say.

And I didn't even say that Harden is better or that I'd take Harden over Melo, I replied to a stupid post by Niko.

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Yay, the Knicks are relevant for the regular season! Too bad LeBron will smash them in the playoffs again.

Cheers for knowing the future :cheers: what else do you see in that crystal ball of yours? :lol this exactly why people bring up the word jealousy because some of you are just sheer MAD the knicks are good this year.

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Cheers for knowing the future :cheers: what else do you see in that crystal ball of yours? :lol this exactly why people bring up the word jealousy because some of you are just sheer MAD the knicks are good this year.

LOL define good? No one other than Knick fans see them as a threat :roll: :roll:

blablabla
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Melo

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 08:28 PM
LOL define good? No one other than Knick fans see them as a threat :roll: :roll:

Then why be a hater then at every opportunity? why are there almost 0 knick threads after they win but let them loose a game and we have all kinds of troll threads. Stop fooling yourself people are threatened by this knicks team especially heat fans whether they admit it or not.

bluechox2
01-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Melo

TylerOO
01-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Then why be a hater then at every opportunity? why are there almost 0 knick threads after they win but let them loose a game and we have all kinds of troll threads. Stop fooling yourself people are threatened by this knicks team especially heat fans whether they admit it or not.

It goes both ways. Knick fans brag like they won the championship when they are just a playoff team. And no one is scared of the Knicks.

fpliii
01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Anyhow, bottom line is both guys are great players. My preference (as well as that of a few others here) is for Harden, but some people like Melo. Both are fine...you need a star player to win in this league, so chances are if you have one of them that role/position is the least of your problems.

Breezy
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
It isn't close.....The people who will take one side over the other and claim that it isn't close compared with the people who will admit that it is in fact a legitimate discussion.

So let me be a contrarian and say that It is close but I give the slight edge to Melo because he is a known quantity and he is or is at least one of the most clutch players in the game. Harden has still yet to prove that. But don't mistake me... Harden is ******* ballin right now and his playmaking ability is well beyond that of Anthony.

jimmy77x
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
It goes both ways. Knick fans brag like they won the championship when they are just a playoff team. And no one is scared of the Knicks.

You're just proving my point. who's bragging like they won the championship? are knicks fans suddenly not allowed to be excited because the team is good this year? Theres no talking to a hater with blinders on like you no matter what they do you will always find a reason to hate. How do you know they are just a playoff team? They are as good as any team in the league, exactly who else has a better complete team then them is the east besides the debatable heat?

pnyozzzoo
01-10-2013, 10:09 PM

Melo is a better shooter, however he takes dumb shots which are stupid in a teamsport, no matter it goes in or not, contested 3s and turn around long2s regardless of play and position teammates and clock. He is sec worst shot selection behind Kobe among elite scorers. Harden on the other hand have higher TS%, in fact only lower to KD and lebron among top scorers.
You can see Melo is a Chucker only he is really good at it.

Melo is a better defender this year due to early season success. Melo is slipping though according to advanced stats. Harden is terrible at defense the same way Melo is, They take defensive processions off and do not give effort lots superstars do it and you hate it, at early stage.

Leader? this is the funniest shit ever. Melo is a baby, just because he got early season success now he think he can never loose due to his poor play. Whenever a game is slipping he throw tantrum.

Menphis he went crazy got T, Houston he got T, Bulls he got thrown out, Celtics he got suspended and more. everytime he shoots poorly team is loosing he lost it. In the playoff people can abuse the shit out of it.

Fact is Tyson and Kidd are 10000 times more leader than baby Melo.

While nothing much to know about Harden's leadership as its a new thing, but he at least always keeps his cool.

This year is Melo's do or die, put it or shut it year coz last year's failure. And obviously this is his best career year yet. And he still display so many weaknesses and going forward he is on the wrong side of timetable.

Harden no doubt, Because if you are not Miami, or top3 west team this year you are not winning. Going forward Harden is brighter.

jaydacris
01-10-2013, 10:11 PM
i have both on my fantasy team :kobe:

SilkkTheShocker
01-11-2013, 01:58 AM

Melo has never been a strong leader

Magic bird
01-11-2013, 05:01 AM
Harden is a better Facilitator

I<3NBA
01-11-2013, 06:06 AM
i would rather have the player that makes his teammates better

noob cake
01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Melo is just a pure scorer who can't even touch LeBron in anything. His passing doesn't even sniff Durant. Melo is severely overrated imo.

If your only marketable skill is scoring as a SF, you shouldn't be be shooting the same percentage as a shooting guard with piss poor shot selection like Kobe

Among the top 5 scorers in the league:

Kobe 30.1 on 0.585 TS
Melo 29 on 0.587 TS
Durant 28.1 on 0.651 TS
Harden 26.5 on 0.606 TS
LeBron 26.4 on 0.609 TS

He is lagging behind other superstar SF and is shooting as well as a SG. He is a worse passer and leader than any of the other 4.

wally_world
01-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Melo if i want to win now. Harden if im starting a new team and looking to contend in the next 3-4 years.

Sakkreth
01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
not a fan of either, i'd take melo tho.

Xiao Yao You
01-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Harden