PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of Seattle stealing a team?

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't know how it feels but since Sonic's fans do, thoughts on doing this to Sacramento?

I think Seattle fans should petition this buyout.

fpliii
01-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I think the celebration of the move back to Seattle is a bit hypocritical, to be honest.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
I think the celebration of the move back to Seattle is a bit hypocritical, to be honest.

Especially with that Sonics Gate documentary. It will be great if Sacramento fans do a documentary on the guy that directed this. Get his opinions on it.

The best thing for Sacramento to do is sell to another city besides Seattle.

Rekindled
01-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Especially with that Sonics Gate documentary. It will be great if Sacramento fans do a documentary on the guy that directed this. Get his opinions on it.

The best thing for Sacramento to do is sell to another city besides Seattle.

imagine if the THunder relocates to Sactown after durant and westbrook retire

west_tip
01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Seattle didn't steal a team - the team will be sold by the Maloofs to Chris Hansen then relocated. The municipalities of Sacramento and Seattle had little say in this deal neither did the citizens of these cities, the whole idea of cities stealing teams is a complete misnomer.

As a fan you have no stake in your team nor a say in how its run, you are just a customer - thats the bottomline.

maybeshewill13
01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Yeah I agree, Seattle fans should be disgusted and ashamed that Sactown had a retard running their organization.

:facepalm

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Seattle didn't steal a team - the team will be sold by the Maloofs to Chris Hansen then relocated. The municipalities of Sacramento and Seattle had little say in this deal neither did the citizens of these cities, the whole idea of cities stealing teams is a complete misnomer.

As a fan you have no stake in your team nor a say in how its run, you are just a customer - thats the bottomline.

The municipalities have plenty to say, such as not passing an arena. The city of Seattle should be the first people to acknowledge this and basically petition or disallow any new arena unless it's a team from scratch and not the Kings.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 03:47 PM
It's a little different scenario... the Sonics were sold to an ownership group who lied and pretended to be interested in keeping the team in Seattle before, during, and after the sale of the team. It was later revealed that they had absolutely no intention of keeping the team in Washington.

I'm OK with the sale and relocation because this ownership group has made it perfectly clear on what their intentions are.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah I agree, Seattle fans should be disgusted and ashamed that Sactown had a retard running their organization.

Maloofs >>>>>>> Schultz

You got two owners that wanted to get rid of their teams. One guy got conned and the team moved to OKC. The other guy is trying to sell his team to Seattle, knowing that they will pay more than what the team is worth just to get a team back.

Both stealing to be honest........now it's just a matter of where the most idiots reside in, Seattle or Sacramento.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 03:50 PM

Bro, were you a Sonics fan b4 Thunder? If so, are you going back to rooting for Seattle?

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Bro, were you a Sonics fan b4 Thunder? If so, are you going back to rooting for Seattle?

A true Sonic's fan would never root for the Thunder...

fpliii
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Oh no, you guys should be ecstatic. I'm saying as an outsider, it seems like the same thing is going on as did with the OKC move (aside from the lying, since this guy is being upfront).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the move. I never really cared for the Kings (the Power Balance building didn't do much for me either time I was there either). It's just that the reaction on the part of non-Seattle fans is a little weird to me.

Killbot
01-10-2013, 03:52 PM
As I said before, I feel ambivalent. Great Sonics players that were loyal to the franchise (Payton, Kemp, etc) finally gets their jerseys raised to the rafters. I feel saddened though that it came at the price of another city with a team.

A true Sonic's fan would never root for the Thunder...

This.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 03:52 PM
It's a little different scenario... the Sonics were sold to an ownership group who lied and pretended to be interested in keeping the team in Seattle before, during, and after the sale of the team. It was later revealed that they had absolutely no intention of keeping the team in Washington.

I'm OK with the sale and relocation because this ownership group has made it perfectly clear on what their intentions are.

It's stealing. Doesn't matter how you sugar coat things. If Seattle was really upset because their team was stolen, they should have compassion by not buying a team and moving it out of there.

Just because they tell you they are going to steal the team and move it, doesn't mean it's any better than a guy that lied and eventually stole the team.

Glide2keva
01-10-2013, 03:55 PM
The Kings have been a team on the move since they entered the league. They were the Rochester Royals, Kansas City Kings, then eventually settled in Sacramento. So them moving again isn't that big a deal.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Can we all at least agree the Maloofs are slimebags?

Killbot
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Yup. On the level of Clay Bennett.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
It's stealing. Doesn't matter how you sugar coat things. If Seattle was really upset because their team was stolen, they should have compassion by not buying a team and moving it out of there.

Just because they tell you they are going to steal the team and move it, doesn't mean it's any better than a guy that lied and eventually stole the team.

I disagree completely, two different scenarios in my mind. Schultz's intention was to sell the team to a group that would keep it here. When that failed, another group stepped in an offered to buy the team just to keep it here. The Seattle community went through great lengths just to keep the team here.

The Sonic's have a rich history, and Seattle is a very large market, unlike the Kings, who have moved several times in their history.

You can call it stealing or whatever you want, but the reason so many of the fans in Washington were upset is because of the way things transpired, not because the team was relocated.

west_tip
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The municipalities have plenty to say, such as not passing an arena. The city of Seattle should be the first people to acknowledge this and basically petition or disallow any new arena unless it's a team from scratch and not the Kings.

Ultimately, the Kings is their team to do what they want with, if they feel its in their best interests to sell to a billionaire investor who intends to relocate the team to Seattle then thats their prerogative. It was Clay Bennetts right to do likewise.

Killbot
01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I disagree completely, two different scenarios in my mind. Schultz's intention was to sell the team to a group that would keep it here. When that failed, another group stepped in an offered to buy the team just to keep it here. The Seattle community went through great lengths just to keep the team here.

The Sonic's have a rich history, and Seattle is a very large market, unlike the Kings, who have moved several times in their history.

Schultz was pretty stupid though for selling to Clay Bennett. He is equally to blame. Not to mention that he was a terrible owner that didn't care for the Supersonics at all.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Ultimately, the Kings is their team to do what they want with, if they feel its in their best interests to sell to a billionaire investor who intends to relocate the team to Seattle then thats their prerogative. It was Clay Bennetts right to do likewise.

I agree that it was his right, but the way that ownership group went about things and the way they lied and deceived the city of Seattle is the reason that there was such an uproar.

9erempiree
I'm just going to see how this plays out and how both cities feel about it. I know Seattle would be excited but Sacramento...not sure.

Niytrus
Schultz was pretty stupid though for selling to Clay Bennett. He is equally to blame. Not to mention that he was a terrible owner that didn't care for the Supersonics at all.

Can't argue with any of that.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Clay Bennett should be proud for what he did....he basically screwed one of the richest man in the world. He made a better business decision than the freaking owner of Starbucks.

I would be bragging that I "one up" the owner of Starbucks.:oldlol:

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm just going to see how this plays out and how both cities feel about it. I know Seattle would be excited but Sacramento...not sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bidding war opened up with Larry Ellison entering the mix.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I remember the consensus of Seattle fans stating that they didn't want a team from another city. They explained that getting another team would mean taking another team from a city and let this be a warning to all fans.

It's like they totally forgot this. I want to hear them chime in on this.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a bidding war opened up with Larry Ellison entering the mix.

The Maloofs will walk away with this as winners. Like I mentioned earlier, they are going to pay a crazy amount for the Kings.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Clay Bennett should be proud for what he did....he basically screwed one of the richest man in the world. He made a better business decision than the freaking owner of Starbucks.

I would be bragging that I "one up" the owner of Starbucks.:oldlol:

Eh, if you say so. All Clay Bennett did was lie about his intentions. Schultz sold the team for $150MM more than he purchased it for. In all honestly Schultz could care less about what happened with the Sonics - he had no interest in that team when he sold it.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
I remember the consensus of Seattle fans stating that they didn't want a team from another city. They explained that getting another team would mean taking another team from a city and let this be a warning to all fans.

I can't speak for those who said that, but I lived in Seattle when the team was sold, and still live in Washington. I've been a Sonics fan since a kid and the reason I was upset with the team moving is the way it happened - there was no reason to move the team. Seattle is a great market and the fan support is amazing. The only reason the team was moved was because the ownership group wanted a team in OKC. Sacremento is a little different situation in my opinion since it is such a small market and can't get any support for a new arena, but as a Seattle fan I'm OK with the Kings moving to Seattle.

west_tip
01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
I agree that it was his right, but the way that ownership group went about things and the way they lied and deceived the city of Seattle is the reason that there was such an uproar.

Thats how businessmen operate, the Maloofs have been equally duplicitious in their dealings with the City over negotiations for a new arena.

The bottom line is though when Bennett bought the Sonics he owed the city of Seattle, the fans nothing, it was his money and his team. Sonics fans had no right to be mad at him just like Kings fans can't be mad at the Maloofs, its not personal just business.

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Thats how businessmen operate, the Maloofs have been equally duplicitious in their dealings with the City over negotiations for a new arena.

The bottom line is though when Bennett bought the Sonics he owed the city of Seattle, the fans nothing, it was his money and his team. Sonics fans had no right to be mad at him just like Kings fans can't be mad at the Maloofs, its not personal just business.

Interesting perspective.

So Seattle fans are all dramatic and emo over this situation.....where Sac fans don't give a crap.

Perhaps Seattle fans are making a big deal over nothing when they moved to OKC and should have cheered for them.

outbreak
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
I thought I read that another group offered more $ for the sonics to keep them in seattle and ballmer offered to help build the arena but they sold to clay anyway. Different situation the kings are a nothinf team and noone seems to be working hard to keep them. Sad for their few fans though

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM

I think the fans have a right to be upset with Bennett - he lied directly to us. If he wouldn't have lied then the Seattle fans would have been upset with Schultz and the hatred for Bennett would be much, much less.
The Maloofs and the ownership group who are trying to purchase the Kings are making no secrets about the fact that they want to move the team to Seattle.

There are good business practices and bad practices. Bennett lied to an entire community and broke the lease with Key Arena.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
I thought I read that another group offered more $ for the sonics to keep them in seattle and ballmer offered to help build the arena but they sold to clay anyway. Different situation the kings are a nothinf team and noone seems to be working hard to keep them. Sad for their few fans though

This was after Bennett already owned the team. Bennett refused to sell, and broke the lease with Key Arena to move the team.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
01-10-2013, 04:18 PM
so do all the fans who go for the Thunder from Seattle now change their team back to the new Seattle one?

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
so do all the fans who go for the Thunder from Seattle now change their team back to the new Seattle one?

Again, no real Seattle fan would ever root for the Thunder.

http://artofmiami.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/beat-okc.jpg

Dr. Cheesesteak
01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Seattle didn't steal a team - the team will be sold by the Maloofs to Chris Hansen then relocated.
qft

qft (I get it!)

yes.

surprisingly, from what I've seen, a decent number of locals are indifferent or actually happy (for whatever reason. I've asked a few why they're happy, no real answer besides "b/c i'm ****ing stupid")...or Laker fans. I'd still say the true fans are quite upset. At least what I can tell via social networking, Kings sites, talking/texting to friends, etc, the sad:happy ratio is about 7:1 for ppl that actually have a say. Of course, quite a few ppl seem to just really not care.

Sac has passionate fans, but not very many smart fans (like I'd bet a lot of sports team have). The casuals most likely think "oh Kings suck, I'm glad they're leaving", which makes ZERO sense in the big picture. We're talking lost jobs, lost city revenue, lost entertainment, etc. The NBA in Sac, whether the team was good or bad, is so great for the city. I honestly don't think the casuals, "haters", or indifferent ppl realize how much this could potentially affect the city - having a major sports franchise leave. *sigh*

9erempiree
01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Sac has passionate fans, but not very smart fans (like I'd bet a lot of sports team have). The casuals most likely think "oh Kings suck, I'm glad they're leaving", which makes ZERO sense in the big picture. We're talking lost jobs, lost city revenue, lost entertainment, etc. The NBA in Sac, whether the team was good or bad, is so great for the city. I honestly don't think the casuals, "haters", or indifferent ppl realize how much this could potentially affect the city - having a major sports franchise leave. *sigh*

I totally agree with this. Losing the Kings will have huge ramifications on they city of Sacramento. The Kings are the only professional team in the market and by them leaving, there will never be another professional franchise there. If the only team you have leaves, it will say a lot about the demographics for sports there.

Niytrus
01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
If there was an ownership group who would actually keep the Kings in SacTown, I would prefer that. But to my knowledge no one wants to keep the team there. Is there any group who has said they would purchase the team and actually keep them in Sacramento? If Stern would allow it I'm sure the Maloofs would have moved that team to Vegas years ago.

Dr. Cheesesteak
01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
If there was an ownership group who would actually keep the Kings in SacTown, I would prefer that. But to my knowledge no one wants to keep the team there. Is there any group who has said they would purchase the team and actually keep them in Sacramento?
There was last time when the Maloofs were || close to taking the Kings the Anaheim, Ron Burkle was interested in buying them and promised to keep them in Sac. I think there was an official offer by someone else, I believe, maybe not by Burkle, but I'm not sure - terrible memory sometimes. But at the time, the Maloofs wanted to keep the Kings for themselves (so they said).

bagelred
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
The Sac Kings aren't exactly a storied franchise, and its amazing that Sacramento had an NBA team in the first place. Seems the team basically HAS to move anyway, so why not Seattle?

west_tip
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
If there was an ownership group who would actually keep the Kings in SacTown, I would prefer that. But to my knowledge no one wants to keep the team there. Is there any group who has said they would purchase the team and actually keep them in Sacramento? If Stern would allow it I'm sure the Maloofs would have moved that team to Vegas years ago.

Ron Burkle (Pens owner I think) made a bid about a year or two ago I believe, his intention was to keep them in Sac but the Maloofs told him to GTFO.

outbreak
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
When the sonics moved there was protests and anger, if any other team were moving id ecpect fans to be ranting but ive seen nothing from kings fans

Dr. Cheesesteak
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
When the sonics moved there was protests and anger, if any other team were moving id ecpect fans to be ranting but ive seen nothing from kings fans
there were protests in 2011. But now, a lot of ppl just seem tired of this ordeal.

west_tip
01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Interesting perspective.

So Seattle fans are all dramatic and emo over this situation.....where Sac fans don't give a crap.

Perhaps Seattle fans are making a big deal over nothing when they moved to OKC and should have cheered for them.

I guess I'm just more cynical/realistic than most people.

No point getting mad about something I have no control over.

west_tip
01-10-2013, 04:53 PM
there were protests in 2011. But now, a lot of ppl just seem tired of this ordeal.

This. Its been like an on again off again relationship - it gets tiring and eventually you are glad when its over.

RoseCity07
01-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I think the fair thing to do would be for the NBA to take Durant off the Thunder and send him to this new Seattle team. Then all would be forgiven.

Legend of Josh
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I will never forgive David Stern and his henchmen for robbing the Kings of a title back in what was it, '02 or '03? That's the real "stealing" that be going on. I will never get over that shit. Rick Fox will burn in hell for Doug Christie's elbow to chin foul; and his wife will throw pitchforks in his a double s.

Purch
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
One less team in California. :confusedshrug:

I mean it's not like they have the Clippers, Warriors and Lakers.

Kews1
01-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Seattle belongs in the NBA, its regretful that Sacramento has to lose a team but if i had to choose between the two i would choose Seattle without hesitation

ballup
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
So that's the new slang these days? Ok then, I stole some headphones. I feel like such a boss.

JellyBean
01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Something to consider here is that we (Seattle fan/new owners) are not stealing a team from Sacramento. The reason we were "robbed" of the Sonics was because when Bennett bought the team we were told he had no intention of moving the team and then slowly began the process of dismantling our stars (Ray Allen trade/Rashard Lewis sign/trade) so that we would be less emotionally attached. Sacramento knows what they are up against and although I feel for them we would be buying a team with them knowing up front that they were going to be moved. No deception there.

But I don't have a problem with Seattle "stealing" a team. This is a business move. I hope this deal goes through. NBA back in the Emerald City!!!:applause:

Wonder Bread Kid
01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
How is it stealing? Seriously. If going by the actual definition of the word, how is it stealing?

It's not.

But anyway, the Maloofs are allowed to sell to whoever they want. If that person or persons has plans for relocation, well that's their right upon ownership.

No city is owed a professional sports team. None. Either you have one or you don't.

And why are Seattle residents getting crap when the Kings themselves were not an expansion team. They relocated from Kansas City to Sac in the 80s. The hypocrisy is with Kings fans getting made at Seattle or its residents.

Miles and Miles
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
It's not over. If you guys in Seattle think this thing is over then you don't know the Maloofs. They will piss EVERYONE off by the time this thing is done.

andremiller07
01-10-2013, 06:13 PM
If it does happend than the only ones stealing are the Maloofs getting 500mil for that roster they put together.

maybeshewill13
01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Wouldn't exactly say that. I was a bit of a nomad up until 5 years ago or so. Mainly due to the extreme lack of any sort of NBA coverage in Australia. I was a big Garnett fan when he was a Timberwolf (still have a jersey sitting around). Then he moved to the Celtics and Durant was drafted (was watching him since Texas, loved his game), so I was half going for the Celtics for Garnett and half the Sonics for Durant. Pretty much decided to stick solely with the Sonics after Garnett got his ring and then they moved to OKC. Been following them since.

Since then I've been to the US though and have a couple of favorite cities (Seattle being one of them), so I've really been rooting for them to get the team back since then. I'll switch to Seattle when the team's back.. I have no real allegiance to the city/state ok Oklahoma. Obviously they will still be like a second team, put too much into supporting the current players to forget them completely.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Wouldn't exactly say that. I was a bit of a nomad up until 5 years ago or so. Mainly due to the extreme lack of any sort of NBA coverage in Australia. I was a big Garnett fan when he was a Timberwolf (still have a jersey sitting around). Then he moved to the Celtics and Durant was drafted (was watching him since Texas, loved his game), so I was half going for the Celtics for Garnett and half the Sonics for Durant. Pretty much decided to stick solely with the Sonics after Garnett got his ring and then they moved to OKC. Been following them since.

Since then I've been to the US though and have a couple of favorite cities (Seattle being one of them), so I've really been rooting for them to get the team back since then. I'll switch to Seattle when the team's back.. I have no real allegiance to the city/state ok Oklahoma. Obviously they will still be like a second team, put too much into supporting the current players to forget them completely.
:cheers: I'm a "nomad" too. Will be until STL gets a team. Che
ered for Magic and Rockets when T-Mac was there, but they were never my team per se. Cheer for the Heat more than other teams because of LBJ and Chalmers, but they're not my team either. Hope STL gets a team:rockon:
KG was a monster on the Wolves :bowdown:

maybeshewill13
01-10-2013, 06:41 PM
:cheers: I'm a "nomad" too. Will be until STL gets a team. Che
ered for Magic and Rockets when T-Mac was there, but they were never my team per se. Cheer for the Heat more than other teams because of LBJ and Chalmers, but they're not my team either. Hope STL gets a team:rockon:
KG was a monster on the Wolves :bowdown:
Ah nice :cheers: STL = St Louis? You follow the Rams at all?

RRR3
01-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Ah nice :cheers: STL = St Louis? You follow the Rams at all?
Yeah. Nah, only MLB and NBA. **** the NFL. Still cheer for the Rams if I actually watch a game, which is never, but if I did I would solely because they're STL's team.

stephanieg
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
The casuals most likely think "oh Kings suck, I'm glad they're leaving", which makes ZERO sense in the big picture. We're talking lost jobs, lost city revenue, lost entertainment, etc.

Economists generally agree that sports teams don't add much to the city they're in, especially since they're usually supported by tax dollars. Can be a net negative in many cases.

DFish
01-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Much like you, he's a flippant bandwagoner who follows players instead of teams. But even worse, a foreigner who bandwagons.

maybeshewill13
01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Much like you, he's a flippant bandwagoner who follows players instead of teams. But even worse, a foreigner who bandwagons.
My number one fan. You follow me everywhere :applause: Why are you always so upset though? :(

RRR3
01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
DFish is a racist and xenophobic piece of shit who just happens to be a fan of the freakin' Lakers (lol @ 15-20 with most stacked team in the league btw) and goes around calling others "bandwagoners", ignoring the fact that the only teams I claim fanship of are from my own goddamn city. Furthermore, he lied about meeting Megan Fox:lol

DFish's fail thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238892

maybeshewill13
01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
DFish is a racist and xenophobic piece of shit who just happens to be a fan of the freakin' Lakers (lol @ 15-20 with most stacked team in the league btw) and goes around calling others "bandwagoners", ignoring the fact that the only teams I claim fanship of are from my own goddamn city. Furthermore, he lied about meeting Megan Fox:lol

LMFAO what a retard. Clearly a lonely boy :lol

sipitri
01-10-2013, 07:50 PM
ITT: people feed the trolls

west_tip
01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Economists generally agree that sports teams don't add much to the city they're in, especially since they're usually supported by tax dollars. Can be a net negative in many cases.

Its probably worth pointing out that the Maloofs currently owe the city of Sacramento $77 million and that all the proposals for a new arena involved significant tax payer subsidy via increases in sales tax.

When you look at the extent of taxpayer subsidy of pro sports teams you have to wonder whether it is it a worthwhile investment for a city to make? Arguably the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Bandito
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM

What a blatant lie, you are a bandwagoner who root for the Heat. Either that or you are a Laker hater, which I would respect more than a bandwagoner.

Also LOL @ the link...what a loser.

RRR3
01-10-2013, 08:01 PM
What a blatant lie, you are a bandwagoner who root for the Heat. Either that or you are a Laker hater, which I would respect more than a bandwagoner.
First of all, stop following me around, it's irritating.
Secondly, don't ever tell me what I am, you don't know shit about me.

Last time I respond to you, going on my ignore list.

crisoner
01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I think the deal hit a huge snag.

Sacramento can now counter offer and the honorable mayor of Sactown former NBA great Kevin Johnson has found a couple of investors who want to buy the team and keep them in Sac.

Sacramento already has state funded money plus a deal already to create a brand new arena for the team.

It probably will now come out to a vote by the NBA owners.
And I don;t think Stern and company do not want bad PR with Seattle getting a team by stealing another.

Derka
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM

Its not stealing.
Nothing is being sugar coated.
What the Maloofs are doing is infinitely better than what Clay Bennett's group, backed up by David Stern, did. They've said all along "Here, someone take this team...we don't want it." Now they've got a buyer. That is the complete and total opposite of stealing.
You are a fool for trying to rationalize it otherwise.

DFish
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM

He's a LeBron stan who doesn't even know whether to call himself a Heat fan or not. Either way, completely fairweather. Limited basketball knowledge.

Bandito
01-10-2013, 08:39 PM
He's a LeBron stan who doesn't even know whether to call himself a Heat fan or not. Either way, completely fairweather. Limited basketball knowledge.
Yeah that pretty much summarizes it. Don't bother with him he's one of the stans. I can deal with people that are stans of their teams but stans of people annoy me. Kobe, Lebron, MJ, etc...

I dislike religious fanatics too. Everytime I speak to one I just walk away before I start insulting them.

I don't even know what he's saying that I follow him when he posts everywhere :lol Is like me not wanting to see Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise but I see him in every ad on the internet...

CelticBaller
01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Bro, were you a Sonics fan b4 Thunder? If so, are you going back to rooting for Seattle?he was also a celtic fan

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
he was also a celtic fan

So this clown was a Celtics, Thunder and now Sonics fan? Wow. Identity crisis? :oldlol:

Myth
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I've heard that Sonic fans are very torn about this. They want a team in the city, but they really want an expansion team. My brother (who is primarily a Blazer fan, but wants the Sonics back since he lives near Seattle), also said that they would rather take the Hornets from New Orleans since they have less history with the Hornets than Sacramento has with the Kings.

maybeshewill13
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238892

NumberSix
01-10-2013, 11:50 PM
How is Seattle stealing a team?

Boston C's
01-11-2013, 12:33 AM
It feels pretty horrible that we have to take a team away to have our own but like others have pointed out at least the owners arent trying to snake their way around as OKC owners did, the buyers are honest about moving the team back to seattle

maybeshewill13
01-11-2013, 01:15 AM
It feels pretty horrible that we have to take a team away to have our own but like others have pointed out at least the owners arent trying to snake their way around as OKC owners did, the buyers are honest about moving the team back to seattle
It hasn't happened yet.. the more this drags on the more likely it is to stay put :(

Boston C's
01-11-2013, 01:19 AM
It hasn't happened yet.. the more this drags on the more likely it is to stay put :(

what the heck is goin on lol i feel like i dont know shit about this situation

Legend of Josh
01-11-2013, 01:44 AM
I've heard that Sonic fans are very torn about this. They want a team in the city, but they really want an expansion team. My brother (who is primarily a Blazer fan, but wants the Sonics back since he lives near Seattle), also said that they would rather take the Hornets from New Orleans since they have less history with the Hornets than Sacramento has with the Kings.

Expansion teams = bad. Look no further than the Charlotte Bobcats.

maybeshewill13
01-11-2013, 02:35 AM
what the heck is goin on lol i feel like i dont know shit about this situation
All I know is the Maloofs are a bunch of ****ing idiots. Apparently the deal is being held up because the Maloofs are trying to get it written to the contract that they have a say in what goes on with the team AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY SOLD IT! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

The Nets
01-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Not really stealing a team, the city deserves a team.

9erempiree
01-11-2013, 03:32 AM
All I know is the Maloofs are a bunch of ****ing idiots. Apparently the deal is being held up because the Maloofs are trying to get it written to the contract that they have a say in what goes on with the team AFTER THEY HAVE ALREADY SOLD IT! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!

Maloofs are better owners than anyone in Seattle. Without the debacle we wouldn't even be talking about Seattle stealing the Kings.

If Maloofs want profit sharing and running the team that's ok with me.

maybeshewill13
01-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Maloofs are better owners than anyone in Seattle. Without the debacle we wouldn't even be talking about Seattle stealing the Kings.

If Maloofs want profit sharing and running the team that's ok with me.

:roll: you are the worst troll.. at least make it less obvious :sleeping

9erempiree
01-11-2013, 04:21 AM
:roll: you are the worst troll.. at least make it less obvious :sleeping

What's wrong with the Maloofs? They have inside tract on what needs to be done for an arena. Their team has been profitable up until this past couple of years.

I don't see anything wrong with part ownership if it doesn't work out in Seattle, he can do a buyout and move them back to Sacramento.

I think that's what the Maloofs really want. Part ownership because Seattle offers them an arena. Sac builds an arena and if it doesn't succeed in Seattle, they can move back.

I think this is pretty fair for both parties considering the situation that Seattle is stealing a team from Sac.

9erempiree
01-11-2013, 04:24 AM
This is a brilliant move by the Maloofs and the ball is in Seattle's court. Lets see how much the city really wants a team.

The truth will come out whether they really got a team stolen from them or they let it go away.

JellyBean
01-11-2013, 08:58 AM
It's not over. If you guys in Seattle think this thing is over then you don't know the Maloofs. They will piss EVERYONE off by the time this thing is done.

So true. I was just reading some where yesterday where the Maloofs, before they sign off on any deal, want a piece of the team and a say in the daily operations of the new "Sonics". That includes trade deals, buidling operations, and other matters related to the team if the move to Seattle.

:rolleyes:

wagexslave
01-11-2013, 09:22 AM
TBQH Seattle did a crappy job of supporting their team before, so what makes people think they're going to do a better job of supporting them now? Maybe Seattle is just a sh1tty basketball city. My brother/nephews live in Seattle and they claim that nobody seems to give a crap about NBA there and it's rare for them to meet people that still care about the Sonics being gone and wanting them back.

west_tip
01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
So true. I was just reading some where yesterday where the Maloofs, before they sign off on any deal, want a piece of the team and a say in the daily operations of the new "Sonics". That includes trade deals, buidling operations, and other matters related to the team if the move to Seattle.

Sonics fans are getting a small insight into the way the Maloofs operate. This is an excerpt from an interview with Joe Maloof last April where he swears they will not sell or relocate the team. The interviewers question is pretty much what happened, albeit they are selling the team rather than filing for relocation.

Question: "So what's different a year later? A lot of people still suspect your plan is to spend next season in Sacramento and then file for relocation in March".

Joe Maloof: "That's not true, that's not true. I swear that is not going to happen. I don't care what rumors are out there. It's our team. We're not selling, and we're not leaving. Our identity is the Sacramento Kings. That's how we're known".

Grey Dawn
01-11-2013, 10:52 AM

This.

Important distinction

UtahJazzFan88
01-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I can't speak for those who said that, but I lived in Seattle when the team was sold, and still live in Washington. I've been a Sonics fan since a kid and the reason I was upset with the team moving is the way it happened - there was no reason to move the team. Seattle is a great market and the fan support is amazing. The only reason the team was moved was because the ownership group wanted a team in OKC. Sacremento is a little different situation in my opinion since it is such a small market and can't get any support for a new arena, but as a Seattle fan I'm OK with the Kings moving to Seattle.

Sacramento had the support for the arena & a deal in place before the Maloofs backed out (I think they only had to pay like 15% of the arena costs and yet they would still be the owner/operating group), Sacramento has done everything they could, the Maloof's are even bigger slimebags than Clay Bennett.

west_tip
01-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Sacramento had the support for the arena & a deal in place before the Maloofs backed out (I think they only had to pay like 15% of the arena costs and yet they would still be the owner/operating group), Sacramento has done everything they could.

Yes, the City approved an arena deal (the vote was 7-2) in March 2012 which the Maloofs had been pushing hard for - at the City hall that night they were there celebrating, I recall watching it live on local news.

Then, around a month later (April 13th 2012, I think) they backed out of the deal. Whatever people say, the City of Sacramento did its part.

Also as aforementioned, in April 2011 Ron Burkle offered to purchase the team and keep them in Sac but the Maloofs said they weren't selling - they have really proven themselves duplicitous through this whole ordeal.

Da KO King
01-11-2013, 11:23 AM

:facepalm Bringing up those facts will not sway people's insistence that something underhanded is going down.

Clay Bennett flat out lied about keeping the team in Seattle. He was sold the team based on that lie. He then did not negotiate in good faith to keep the team in Seattle and took a similar deal in THE WORST MEDIA MARKET IN THE NBA to move to Oklahoma City.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2013, 11:26 AM

The Seattle fans knew the second they were sold they were moving. Last time this came up I posted articles from the first hour the sale was announced with Sonic fans talking about them going to OKC. One of the new ownership group was fined by the league for flat out saying they wanted to move.

It wasnt a shocking move or anything.

daily
01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
The Seattle fans knew the second they were sold they were moving. Last time this came up I posted articles from the first hour the sale was announced with Sonic fans talking about them going to OKC. One of the new ownership group was fined by the league for flat out saying they wanted to move.

It wasnt a shocking move or anything.Sonics fans don't want to hear that. It's not the way they want the story to be remembered.

01-13-2013, 06:22 AM

I'm one of those fans and just like when the Sonics left and the King potentially coming to Seattle, I have almost no say in this.

But I always wanted an expansion given to Seattle.