PDA

View Full Version : So Earl Clark is the new Jeremy Lin??

talkingconch
01-14-2013, 01:10 AM
:eek:

Graviton
01-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Dude has been great with Howard in Orlando, Retardanthoni just ignored him on the bench like he does with every promising prospect. Guy is just a terrible coach.

SpecialQue
01-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Earlsanity!

rhythmic
01-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Hopefully he's our Shawn Marion. :D
Jamison has looked fantastic the last two games too; I hope he continues to produce offensively for us. Morris is gaining confidence as well. He just needs to control himself a little. He's constantly looking to be a factor on the court, and he ends up looking dumb at times.

If Meeks can start hitting his damn open three's, and Blake can return and be an effective outside shooter (career 40% 3 point shooter) with Clark's emergence. We might just be back in business.

OF COURSE WE NEED TO CONTINUE HUSTLING DEFENSIVELY, like we did tonight.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Another decent player Nash will get over paid. :applause:

TaLvsCuaL
01-14-2013, 01:21 AM
No, Lin was a total outsider and Clark was a very good college player and a 14 draft pick.

rhythmic
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Another decent player Nash will get over paid. :applause:

He can hit a shot bro.
He basically can shoot, defend, rebound and pass. Plus he's athletic and quick for a pretty lengthy guy. When it was him and our bench, I visibly saw his presence out there. I don't know if it's just a spurt, or if he's really becoming a good player. He is only 24, a lottery pick and has only play 150 games in this league; only started 1 game and has averaged 9 minutes a game.

Kid has some skills, I just hope he's mentally strong.

Magic bird
01-14-2013, 01:36 AM
No, Lin was a total outsider and Clark was a very good college player and a 14 draft pick.
This

A Roc 23
01-14-2013, 01:45 AM
I am pumped. I've alway liked Earl Clark and thought he'd be a big piece in PHX. He has been a complete bust up until now, when the Lakers really need him. Could be another compelling story. *knock on wood*

livinglegend
01-14-2013, 01:46 AM
I say he is another Sessions.

FKAri
01-14-2013, 01:58 AM
He needs to drop 38 on the Knicks to balance the Universe and complete the cycle.

irondarts
01-14-2013, 02:01 AM
Well, he was a lottery pick for a reason. He's definitely talented. Lin was an undrafted nobody who overachieved.

If you look at where Earl Clark was drafted and what he's done with his career he's actually been an epic disappointment.

Whoah10115
01-14-2013, 02:19 AM
My friend is an Orlando fan and he thought he was good and had something to offer. Maybe he was right.

no pun intended
01-14-2013, 02:26 AM
I am most impressed about how intelligent Clark is. He actually knows what to do with the ball.

longtime lurker
01-14-2013, 02:28 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

andremiller07
01-14-2013, 02:53 AM
In the end of the day in all comes done to getting a chance, Earl Clark in Louisville had all the skills to translate to the NBA he never got a chance to play and no one knew of him for 4 years. There a lot of guys imo who if given a chance can perform guys like Tyler Honeycutt, CDR and Josh Selby they just have not been given a chance or are not in the right situation.

Magic bird
01-14-2013, 02:59 AM
In the end of the day in all comes done to getting a chance, Earl Clark in Louisville had all the skills to translate to the NBA he never got a chance to play and no one knew of him for 4 years. There a lot of guys imo who if given a chance can perform guys like Tyler Honeycutt, CDR and Josh Selby they just have not been given a chance or are not in the right situation.

This. Selby played really well during the Summer league and so did many other players, I wish the Grizzlies would give him more minutes:cry:

red1
01-14-2013, 03:00 AM
no hes black

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Magic bird
01-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Yeah he is a good player who looks great because of Nash. He has done some stuff off the bench but this resurgence has been mostly Nash assisted.
This

no pun intended
01-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Yeah he is a good player who looks great because of Nash. He has done some stuff off the bench but this resurgence has been mostly Nash assisted.
Have you even been watching? He has been playing well when Nash isn't on the floor either. Clark has been making intelligent individual plays on both ends, whether it's making the extra pass or playing excellent help defense.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Have you even been watching? He has been playing well when Nash isn't on the floor either. Clark has been making intelligent individual plays on both ends, whether it's making the extra pass or playing excellent help defense.
Yeah I've been watching. I don't know how many times Nash has gotten this guy a wide open jump shot or open dunk. It's a lot. And you're going to tell me that Clark playing good on his own against the CAVS bench outweighs what Nash has done for him? :facepalm

FKAri
01-14-2013, 03:52 AM
Nash is helping but he's showing to be a serviceable player. It's a combination of those two things as well as how bad the rest of the Lakers bench looks.

wagexslave
01-14-2013, 04:13 AM
He got plenty of chances in Phoenix and he looked terrible every single time. And that was with Nash dishing the ball to him, so I don't even want to hear this garbage about Nash getting credit for making him play better. That's a crock of crap.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 04:27 AM
He got plenty of chances in Phoenix and he looked terrible every single time. And that was with Nash dishing the ball to him, so I don't even want to hear this garbage about Nash getting credit for making him play better. That's a crock of crap.
He played 1 year on the Sun's and never started a game . And it was his first year in the NBA. :confusedshrug: . The one time he starts with Nash this year he had a MONSTER game.

wagexslave
01-14-2013, 04:31 AM
He played 1 year on the Sun's and never started a game . And it was his first year in the NBA. :confusedshrug: . The one time he starts with Nash this year he had a MONSTER game.
He never started a game because every time he got minutes he looked terrible... no confidence, missing wide open shots, nonexistent on defense, etc.

If something finally clicked in his brain and he's more confident and playing up to his potential now, good for him. But let's not pretend that Nash has anything to do with it.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 04:51 AM
He never started a game because every time he got minutes he looked terrible... no confidence, missing wide open shots, nonexistent on defense, etc.

If something finally clicked in his brain and he's more confident and playing up to his potential now, good for him. But let's not pretend that Nash has anything to do with it.
He was given good minutes on the Lakers. Nothing clicked. He is just motivated. Surprising playing 6 mins with the terrible Sun's bench made him depressed.

Go Getter
01-14-2013, 05:07 AM
People overstating Nash's impact once more, Jesus the man (EC) has been working on his game and has matured and it matters not give all the credit to Nash, lol.

Go Getter
01-14-2013, 05:08 AM

:applause:

livingby3's
01-14-2013, 05:26 AM
IMHO I think it got nothing to do with Nash, more on his maturity and growth. Watched him in PHX and he was nothing special, not even worthy of a role player. He always seen to have no confidence what so ever. Dude look like he doesn't know what he want to do on the court, he always look like he overthinks whether to shoot or dribble or do anything with the ball, normally resulting in a no rythme shot or a pass out that does nothing.

I really like it when the Suns drafted him. Good length athleticism and seems like he got potential to be better than decent. But it was always disappointing to watch despite the coach always giving him minutes to show, unlike Marshall. Clark was ok in Orlando. I always been a fan of Clark and am glad he's finally showing something.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 05:36 AM
IMHO I think it got nothing to do with Nash, more on his maturity and growth. Watched him in PHX and he was nothing special, not even worthy of a role player. He always seen to have no confidence what so ever. Dude look like he doesn't know what he want to do on the court, he always look like he overthinks whether to shoot or dribble or do anything with the ball, normally resulting in a no rythme shot or a pass out that does nothing.

I really like it when the Suns drafted him. Good length athleticism and seems like he got potential to be better than decent. But it was always disappointing to watch despite the coach always giving him minutes to show, unlike Marshall. Clark was ok in Orlando. I always been a fan of Clark and am glad he's finally showing something.
lol Earl Clark didn't play a lot of minutes in PHX. He rotted on the Sun's bench.

livingby3's
01-14-2013, 05:42 AM
lol Earl Clark didn't play a lot of minutes in PHX. He rotted on the Sun's bench.

I didn't mean a ton of minutes, at least he gets to play in minutes other than garbage time. Also there was a stretch where the coach give him pretty good play time per game.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 05:53 AM
I didn't mean a ton of minutes, at least he gets to play in minutes other than garbage time. Also there was a stretch where the coach give him pretty good play time per game.
That was an Alvin Gentry year. Nash would have rarely been on the court at the same time as Clark. Nash played limited minutes to conserve his health. He almost never played longer then the other starters. It was Goran Dragic that was playing a ton of minutes.

catquickspider
01-14-2013, 06:05 AM
Yeah I've been watching. I don't know how many times Nash has gotten this guy a wide open jump shot or open dunk. It's a lot. And you're going to tell me that Clark playing good on his own against the CAVS bench outweighs what Nash has done for him? :facepalm

Nash was providing Gasol with the same open looks and open dunks and he was clanking EVERYTHING. You have to give credit to Clark.

He has also been playing good defense and rounding.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 06:21 AM
Nash was providing Gasol with the same open looks and open dunks and he was clanking EVERYTHING. You have to give credit to Clark.

He has also been playing good defense and rounding.
I do give credit to Clark but it isn't surprising to me. The looks he has been getting are really good. I'd say most NBA players should be able to hit an open mid range jump shot. I just never thought Clark got a fair shake in PHX for the most part. Playing with Dragic and Dudley will make people look bad their first year in the NBA.

Burgz V2
01-14-2013, 06:33 AM
smh Lakers fans

Earl Clark is a scrub

that is all.

wally_world
01-14-2013, 06:34 AM
He sucked when he was in Phoenix. His jumpshot is still inconsistent, these few games he's been alright but i doubt he keeps that up. He's a glorified Jared Jeffries.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 06:50 AM
smh Lakers fans

Earl Clark is a scrub

that is all.
A glorified scrub that is under the Nash effect. :applause:

Doctor Rivers
01-14-2013, 07:05 AM
HorryIsMyMVP hates him some Earl Clark

GatorKid117
01-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Clark's best attribute is his hustle. He actually gives a damn out there when he plays. However, his jumpshot is pretty bad. Don't let the small sample size fool you. He falls in love with it as well which is disconcerting.

His rebounding and defense are both solid though and he'll make the occasional athletic play to get you excited about him. However, its been nothing but flashes with him since he entered the league and I don't see that changing.

He's most certainly not a savior but, he should be able to help fill the void Jordan Hill left.

Kiddlovesnets
01-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Lin was undrafted, Clark is a lottery pick and supposedly able to contribute somewhat. On the other hand, Lin was the best player on NY Knicks when Melo and Amare went down, Clark is nowhere close to being Lakers 5th best player.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-14-2013, 08:10 AM
HorryIsMyMVP hates him some Earl Clark
Nah. I just find it amusing that people are shocked that players thrive with Nash. It's been happening for a long ass time now. Were gonna act like Earl Clark is all the sudden an all-star? He isn't. He is an inconsistent player on a good streak because about half the time he is being spoon fed by one of the great PG's of our time.

Burgz V2
01-14-2013, 08:44 AM
its easy to score when no one guards you :lol

are we REALLY talking about Earl Clark?

This is a new low for Lakers fans.

mjokc
01-14-2013, 09:35 AM
its easy to score when no one guards you :lol

are we REALLY talking about Earl Clark?

This is a new low for Lakers fans.
:lol

CeltsGarlic
01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Clark > Lin

mrhoopfan
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
LMAO at the losers saying Nash has made earl Clark. It's a matter of Clark being in thr right system. He is a face up 4. If he didn't get in trouble, the Lakers would've signed Shawne Williams and he'd be playing solid right now like he did last year (no Nash) for the Knicks......how many all stars does Nash have to play with before he reaches an NBA Finals????

zac
01-14-2013, 11:36 PM
I liked when he was in Pheonix and when the Magic traded for him, I thought he could hit his stride with them. Then once he went tot the lakers I expected him to rot on the bench. I'm glad he's getting time.