PDA

View Full Version : Official trade rumors thread

lakerfreak
01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Reported by the one and only, ISH.

You are a laker FO employee. Do you see anyone from the mavericks that can make this team better? Who would you trade for? Who would you offer in return?

Discuss.

fiddy
01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Pau for Dirk. Never gonna to happen.

We need more energy on the defensive end.

lakerfreak
01-16-2013, 04:16 AM
It wouldn't solve our problem of soft power forward. But yes on any given day I would do that trade in a heart beat. Realistically speaking now, It just seems to me that Pau is all but gone.

It doesn't take 5 games to recover from a concussion, as soft as anyone can be. This leads me to speculate Pau might actually start being shopped, if not already. Now that the mavs are open to making moves, I am sitting here thinking about the possible changes that the lakers would consider making. OJ Mayo to me has always been "pretty good"....Could he be an option the lakers are pursuing? What could we get right now?

fiddy
01-16-2013, 07:12 AM
It wouldn't solve our problem of soft power forward. But yes on any given day I would do that trade in a heart beat. Realistically speaking now, It just seems to me that Pau is all but gone.

It doesn't take 5 games to recover from a concussion, as soft as anyone can be. This leads me to speculate Pau might actually start being shopped, if not already. Now that the mavs are open to making moves, I am sitting here thinking about the possible changes that the lakers would consider making. OJ Mayo to me has always been "pretty good"....Could he be an option the lakers are pursuing? What could we get right now?
Salary wise dealing with Mavs there needs to third involved i believe? Pau contract is not that easy to move.

I dont know how Kobe would be affected by such trade. He has always said that he feels Pau like a brother. But tbh i never thought that the twin tower setup worked. Pau plays better as a C imo.

DKLaker
01-16-2013, 11:45 AM
I seriously doubt Mark Cuban would do any deal with the Lakers again after Odom.....and then ex-Laker DFish pulled on him :oldlol:
He would look really dumb if it blew up on him.

lakerfreak
01-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Salary wise dealing with Mavs there needs to third involved i believe? Pau contract is not that easy to move.

I dont know how Kobe would be affected by such trade. He has always said that he feels Pau like a brother. But tbh i never thought that the twin tower setup worked. Pau plays better as a C imo.

Absolutely, and at times Bynum's injury was more of a help than an actual negative. It somehow worked when they were both on the floor at the same time, but that was because Pau was still in the last few stages of his prime.

Now that he's older, and probably more unmotivated, he can't do his same role as efficiently as he used to. Age does it to us all.

lakerfreak
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
I seriously doubt Mark Cuban would do any deal with the Lakers again after Odom.....and then ex-Laker DFish pulled on him :oldlol:
He would look really dumb if it blew up on him.

I was surprised Fish quit on him. I was wondering why too because he wasn't "too bad" of a player on that team. It was nice of Mark though IMO to try and revive Fisher's career. He's always been a good owner.

DKLaker
01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Absolutely, and at times Bynum's injury was more of a help than an actual negative. It somehow worked when they were both on the floor at the same time, but that was because Pau was still in the last few stages of his prime.

Now that he's older, and probably more unmotivated, he can't do his same role as efficiently as he used to. Age does it to us all.

(LMAO that you are talking about aging :oldlol:)
You are right of course but it just struck me as funny......like the U-verse commercials.

lakerfreak
01-19-2013, 02:53 AM
So I've converted this "Mavs open to deals" into "trade rumors" altogether.

The new speculations, by the one and only ISH rumors page, are that Josh Smith is being shopped and that Rudy Gay might be as well.

I don't know about you guys, but if we're going to be serious about running, I would go for Rudy Gay in a heart beat. He would be a superb 3rd option player next to Kobe and Dwight.

He can shoot, play secondary defense, and he can run and jump like the wind (not really sure what that even means lol).

Robster89
01-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Reported by the one and only, ISH.

You are a laker FO employee. Do you see anyone from the mavericks that can make this team better? Who would you trade for? Who would you offer in return?

Discuss.

I've long been an admirer of the Matrix.
He's a little long of tooth now but is still a superb defender, who can guard multiple positions. Don't think we have the assets to acquire him.

I'd call Washington about Ariza. I believe they would move him for simple cap relief (he is due 7.8 next season, which they'd love to get out from under). Duhon is a piece that could help, as he has a million dollar buyout next season (so is like an expiring). Don't know if they'd take Blake (4 mil next season), along with 3 mil cash to help pay his salary, but Blake plus cash along with Duhon would work. Would leave us thin at PG, but address our biggest need, perimeter D.

In the Gasol thread, I suggested getting an expiring from Atlanta, like Morrow, and packaging him with Duhon to the Wiz for Ariza. That way, the Wiz would be completely out from Ariza's deal at years end, and if the Hawks moved Josh Smith, they'd have no problem including Morrow, who sees little PT for them.

4 team deal:

ATL moves JSmith and Morrow, receives Pek, DWilliams, Blake
Minny moves Pek, DWill, Barea, receives Gasol
Washington moves Ariza, gets Morrow and Duhon (expirings)
Lakers move Pau, Blake, Duhon, get JSmith, Barea, Ariza

I'd sign Kenyon Martin, especially with Hill out. I have a feeling his low post D will help come playoff time (if we even get there) with the likes of Blake Griffen, Ibaka, ZBo, Bron etc.

Problems solved. Now just fire D'Antoni and offer Phil a stake in ownership to come back (now that he is family).

New Dynasty.

DKLaker
01-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I've long been an admirer of the Matrix.
He's a little long of tooth now but is still a superb defender, who can guard multiple positions. Don't think we have the assets to acquire him.

I'd call Washington about Ariza. I believe they would move him for simple cap relief (he is due 7.8 next season, which they'd love to get out from under). Duhon is a piece that could help, as he has a million dollar buyout next season (so is like an expiring). Don't know if they'd take Blake (4 mil next season), along with 3 mil cash to help pay his salary, but Blake plus cash along with Duhon would work. Would leave us thin at PG, but address our biggest need, perimeter D.

In the Gasol thread, I suggested getting an expiring from Atlanta, like Morrow, and packaging him with Duhon to the Wiz for Ariza. That way, the Wiz would be completely out from Ariza's deal at years end, and if the Hawks moved Josh Smith, they'd have no problem including Morrow, who sees little PT for them.

4 team deal:

ATL moves JSmith and Morrow, receives Pek, DWilliams, Blake
Minny moves Pek, DWill, Barea, receives Gasol
Washington moves Ariza, gets Morrow and Duhon (expirings)
Lakers move Pau, Blake, Duhon, get JSmith, Barea, Ariza

I'd sign Kenyon Martin, especially with Hill out. I have a feeling his low post D will help come playoff time (if we even get there) with the likes of Blake Griffen, Ibaka, ZBo, Bron etc.

Problems solved. Now just fire D'Antoni and offer Phil a stake in ownership to come back (now that he is family).

New Dynasty.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :rockon:

I cringe every time Matrix shoots the ball.....seriously I really do, its like nails on the chalk board for me. I've even been busted turning my head when he's about to shoot....lol. I remember some people having the same problem with "Silk" and his crazy shot.

$LakerGold
01-20-2013, 10:35 PM
If possible ... I hope they're trying to get Rudy Gay ... We need someone like Trevor Ariza right now. Don't trade my Metta though ,,l,, Hands off.

Maybe trade Earl Clark & Someone for Rudy Gay? Jordan Hill?

DKLaker
01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
If possible ... I hope they're trying to get Rudy Gay ... We need someone like Trevor Ariza right now. Don't trade my Metta though ,,l,, Hands off.

Maybe trade Earl Clark & Someone for Rudy Gay? Jordan Hill?

kk says we should amnesty Metta not trade him :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just having fun with you kk......no hate bro :cheers:

DirtySanchez
01-22-2013, 03:18 AM
I think getting Phil to coach is a pipe dream.
I'm all for getting Josh Smith and keeping Dwight....everyone else is up for trade.
I know Kobe has a no trade clause but if their was a way I'd say thanks for the years of service and don't let the door hit you on your way out. It is time to rebuild and Dwight is the future.

qrich
01-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Dwight, Blake, Ebanks, Morris to Atlanta for Al Horford, Kyle Korver, Rockets 2013 First Round Pick & Hawks 2013 First Round Pick (Top 17 Protected)

Sign Mike Taylor (Athletic point guard who is a one man fast break by forcing a turnover and getting an easy duece) & Paul Davis (Legit 7 footer that can hit jumpers and grab the boards) OR Ike Diogu (Undersized but has a ton of hustle)

Apply for Injury Exception due to Hill being out for the year.

Starting Unit: Nash - Bryant - Artest - Horford - Pau
Bench: Duhon - Taylor - Meeks - Korver - Jamison - Clark - Sacre - Davis/Diogu

Horford plays his natural position at power forward and Pau gets to run the low post. Bench improves as a nice point is brought in to spell Nash while Meeks & Korver hit threes non-stop. Clark becomes a utility guy off the bench, maybe starts at the 3 with Artest being the focal of the bench? Davis/Diogu give a nice backup to Pau in the low-post until the return of Hill, if he is to return.

Even that return is a better one than the Magic got for Dwight.

Now, tell me how much you guys dislike it.

DKLaker
01-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Can't we start by trading 'Antoni to some loser team? We'll even throw in a player or two to sweeten the deal :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
We can just let Bernie finish the season :rockon:

dd24
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
The Lakers getting Rudy Gay is the latest rumor.

According to ESPN's Marc Stein, NBA executives believe the Grizzlies, Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers have had trade discussions that could involve [Rudy] Gay, Paul Pierce and Pau Gasol. The speculation is that Memphis would receive Pierce, Los Angeles would get Gay and Gasol would land in Boston. Memphis Commercial Appeal

That deal could potentially be a good one for all parties involved. I could see Artest and Gay on the court at the same time.

lakerfreak
01-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I thought about this a few months ago when Pau was pissing us all off. But I thought, how could he go back to memphis? Gay is a young, aggressive, and athletic scorer that can possibly be one of our future "core" players.

I wouldn't mind this at all. Maybe if Dwight "Idiot" Howard sees that we're trying to build around him, he will stay.

dd24
01-29-2013, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I definitely don't see Pau going back to Memphis. They're better off with his brother and Randolph. With another team involved it does become an interesting scenario. Pau isn't happy coming off the bench here. As much as we don't like it, we're stuck with 'antoni. I'm sure Gay would fit in well with that small ball mentality he has. Not the greatest outside shooter, but he is a very good scorer, young, and far more athletic than pretty much anyone on this roster. 'antoni was already playing Artest at the 4, so that's why I mentioned they could be on the court together. With the way Artest has been playing I don't want to see him lose any minutes.

I would like to see if what the Lakers have done the past few games can stick though. Pau mentioned they basically just quit running 'antoni's offense and started doing their own thing the past few games. If they can keep doing more of that the Lakers should be able to win with what they have.

DKLaker
01-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I definitely don't see Pau going back to Memphis. They're better off with his brother and Randolph. With another team involved it does become an interesting scenario. Pau isn't happy coming off the bench here. As much as we don't like it, we're stuck with 'antoni. I'm sure Gay would fit in well with that small ball mentality he has. Not the greatest outside shooter, but he is a very good scorer, young, and far more athletic than pretty much anyone on this roster. 'antoni was already playing Artest at the 4, so that's why I mentioned they could be on the court together. With the way Artest has been playing I don't want to see him lose any minutes.

I would like to see if what the Lakers have done the past few games can stick though. Pau mentioned they basically just quit running 'antoni's offense and started doing their own thing the past few games. If they can keep doing more of that the Lakers should be able to win with what they have.

2nd straight season of coaches so bad that the players have to run the team :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: Jimmy Buss shouldn't be allowed to hire anyone, not even a toilet cleaner :oldlol:
They are reverting back to the Triangle or at least elements of it.

lakerfreak
01-29-2013, 06:17 PM
2nd straight season of coaches so bad that the players have to run the team :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: Jimmy Buss shouldn't be allowed to hire anyone, not even a toilet cleaner :oldlol:

I do see some of those elements. What I've been happy with is the extra passing in the halfcourt system. It isn't a team that relies solely on running and fastbreak points. They work around and find great options. Maximizing the talents of each player.

What do you think of the defense the past two games? Holding the thunder and the jazz under 100 points. Not bad for those two teams eh?

DKLaker
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
I do see some of those elements. What I've been happy with is the extra passing in the halfcourt system. It isn't a team that relies solely on running and fastbreak points. They work around and find great options. Maximizing the talents of each player.

What do you think of the defense the past two games? Holding the thunder and the jazz under 100 points. Not bad for those two teams eh?

It was good but.....u know me, I'm not going to get excited yet :D

bladefd
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM

Wow, yes you might be right. I can definitely see that happening in real-time. It does work on O because of the shooters we have. Nash is one of the top 5 greatest shooters in NBA history, Artest is shooting really well, got couple other good shooters off bench.

Nash does fit better in catch-and-shoot role and Kobe fits better in Nash's role because he isnt as great of a shooter as Nash. He still is almost as good of a passer and has similar court-vision to a degree. Kobe just never had to play this role before so he still has to figure out the right balance to make it work consistently. I don't know if it can work for whole season though :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

OldTerp
02-16-2013, 08:07 PM
It doesn't look like we are going to be able to keep Pau and Dwight. Since management seems set on not trading Dwight that means Pau will likely be dealt if Howard resigns. What are thoughts on this trade?

Lakers get - Ellis and Illyasova
Bucks get - Pekovic, Berea, and D. Williams
Twovles get- Pau

dd24
02-16-2013, 08:28 PM
It doesn't look like we are going to be able to keep Pau and Dwight. Since management seems set on not trading Dwight that means Pau will likely be dealt if Howard resigns. What are thoughts on this trade?

Twovles get- Pau

Pau is injured. I don't think any team wants him until after the season. Ellis is a SG. Kobe is a SG. They both shoot a lot. I don't see them co-existing on a team together. Ellis doesn't want to go somewhere to play less minutes.

OldTerp
02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Pau is injured. I don't think any team wants him until after the season. Ellis is a SG. Kobe is a SG. They both shoot a lot. I don't see them co-existing on a team together. Ellis doesn't want to go somewhere to play less minutes.

Ellis is really a PG/SG hybrid. He could take minutes at both positions, but I see what you mean about him not wanting to play less minutes/shots.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-16-2013, 09:09 PM
i'd take this trade regardless. t-wolves are getting absolutely raped in this trade. worse comes to worst, you trade ellis for lebron in the crazy universe the first trade was made in.

DKLaker
02-16-2013, 09:33 PM

Twovles get- Pau

I hope you have a magic wand to make that happen.......but come on man :roll:

crisoner
02-17-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't believe in any of the Dwight rumors right now.
I think he is having a tough time fighting through his injuries and that's it.

If there are any moves before the 21st it will be to trade Pau...and with him inured that would be a stretch.

Like it or not...Howard is the future of this team.
And the FO should get a coach who will bring in a system that will suite Howard's talents.

After next year Kobe, Pau, and Metta's contracts come off the books.

But with the BUSS situation going on right now...who knows what type of role this org will play with free agency.

tamaraw08
02-20-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't believe in any of the Dwight rumors right now.
I think he is having a tough time fighting through his injuries and that's it.

If there are any moves before the 21st it will be to trade Pau...and with him inured that would be a stretch.

Like it or not...Howard is the future of this team.
And the FO should get a coach who will bring in a system that will suite Howard's talents.

After next year Kobe, Pau, and Metta's contracts come off the books.

But with the BUSS situation going on right now...who knows what type of role this org will play with free agency.

What makes you think that Dwight will resign with the Lakers?:confusedshrug:

tamaraw08
02-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Wow, yes you might be right. I can definitely see that happening in real-time. It does work on O because of the shooters we have. Nash is one of the top 5 greatest shooters in NBA history, Artest is shooting really well, got couple other good shooters off bench.

Nash does fit better in catch-and-shoot role and Kobe fits better in Nash's role because he isnt as great of a shooter as Nash. He still is almost as good of a passer and has similar court-vision to a degree. Kobe just never had to play this role before so he still has to figure out the right balance to make it work consistently. I don't know if it can work for whole season though :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

It's pretty obvious that the Lakers biggest problem is their defense but another thing that really bothers me is that Kobe and Metta shoots TOO MANY 3 pt attempts per game and that is NOT their strength. Don't have the numbers right now but it seemed to me they are shooting a combine 20% from that area the past 25 games or so...

dd24
02-20-2013, 01:23 AM
What makes you think that Dwight will resign with the Lakers?:confusedshrug:

I've been saying there's a good chance he resigns too. The Lakers can give him the biggest contract of anybody. Think about the teams with cap space. There's Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Charlotte, Utah, Houston, and Washington. The Pistons wouldn't want him, they've got a front line. Dallas & Houston might make a run at him but I don't see why he would go there instead of the Lakers. The other teams just don't make sense.

There's also a sign & trade, but somebody help me out with how the new CBA works. Didn't that all change with the whole Lebron decision somehow so players couldn't work over the organizations like Lebron did? I still think he would lose quite a bit of money if he wanted to go that route. So basically it would have to be to a team with the cap space, which doesn't make sense. Or it could be to a team like Brooklyn, but the Lakers would have to agree to the trade. If they don't then Dwight doesn't have much power because they don't have the space to sign him.

So really to me it looks like making things work in LA is the best option for him. The organization will surround him with people to make him successful and they can pay him the most money. For a guy who is battling an injury getting an extra year on a contract could mean quite a bit to him. Even if he doesn't like 'antoni it's not like 'antoni is going to make it through his contract. He'll be fired next season if the Lakers aren't performing like they should be.

andredpg
02-20-2013, 06:44 AM
I've been saying there's a good chance he resigns too. The Lakers can give him the biggest contract of anybody. Think about the teams with cap space. There's Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Charlotte, Utah, Houston, and Washington. The Pistons wouldn't want him, they've got a front line. Dallas & Houston might make a run at him but I don't see why he would go there instead of the Lakers. The other teams just don't make sense.

There's also a sign & trade, but somebody help me out with how the new CBA works. Didn't that all change with the whole Lebron decision somehow so players couldn't work over the organizations like Lebron did? I still think he would lose quite a bit of money if he wanted to go that route. So basically it would have to be to a team with the cap space, which doesn't make sense. Or it could be to a team like Brooklyn, but the Lakers would have to agree to the trade. If they don't then Dwight doesn't have much power because they don't have the space to sign him.

So really to me it looks like making things work in LA is the best option for him. The organization will surround him with people to make him successful and they can pay him the most money. For a guy who is battling an injury getting an extra year on a contract could mean quite a bit to him. Even if he doesn't like 'antoni it's not like 'antoni is going to make it through his contract. He'll be fired next season if the Lakers aren't performing like they should be.

It looks like houston is the biggest thread to LA. Altough it is hard to imagine Dwight leaving 30 mio (or so) on the table, to join them...
What i would expect, is that Dwight eventually goes with a max extension and makes a sort of "gentlemens agreement" with Kupchak - if things are still not working well in 2013/14 season, he will be traded smwhere.
That makes sense for both sides - LA will gain some time to make things work (maybe change a coach?), DH will get his max money with a option to "request a trade".

dd24
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
It looks like houston is the biggest thread to LA. Altough it is hard to imagine Dwight leaving 30 mio (or so) on the table, to join them...
What i would expect, is that Dwight eventually goes with a max extension and makes a sort of "gentlemens agreement" with Kupchak - if things are still not working well in 2013/14 season, he will be traded smwhere.
That makes sense for both sides - LA will gain some time to make things work (maybe change a coach?), DH will get his max money with a option to "request a trade".

That actually makes way more sense and sounds reasonable. Lock him up and if it doesn't work next season then you trade him.

dd24
02-20-2013, 01:49 PM
I just heard Kupchak on the Herd on EPSN radio. It really doesn't sound like Dwight is going anywhere. He said Dwight is for sure the future of the Lakers. It sounds like he really wants to keep Dwight around long term and it seems like Dwight is probably going to stay. It even sounded like that over keeping Kobe past the end of his contract. He basically did say that Kobe and Dwight aren't getting along. He really paused when asked about trading Pau, but he basically said Pau won't be traded because he's injured and he's not getting inquiries about him. He was late to his interview which should've been at 9:15 am because another GM called him inquiring about Dwight, but Kupchak told him no. I don't see any scenario where Dwight gets traded and it really doesn't sound like the Lakers will make any move at all.

DKLaker
02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I just heard Kupchak on the Herd on EPSN radio. It really doesn't sound like Dwight is going anywhere. He said Dwight is for sure the future of the Lakers. It sounds like he really wants to keep Dwight around long term and it seems like Dwight is probably going to stay. It even sounded like that over keeping Kobe past the end of his contract. He basically did say that Kobe and Dwight aren't getting along. He really paused when asked about trading Pau, but he basically said Pau won't be traded because he's injured and he's not getting inquiries about him. He was late to his interview which should've been at 9:15 am because another GM called him inquiring about Dwight, but Kupchak told him no. I don't see any scenario where Dwight gets traded and it really doesn't sound like the Lakers will make any move at all.

I normally don't try to read into things BUT........why the hell would you be late for an interview because someone called about a player you say you are definitely not going to trade? That should be a 10 second conversation right?

DKLaker
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
It's pretty obvious that the Lakers biggest problem is their defense but another thing that really bothers me is that Kobe and Metta shoots TOO MANY 3 pt attempts per game and that is NOT their strength. Don't have the numbers right now but it seemed to me they are shooting a combine 20% from that area the past 25 games or so...

The team philosophy is to jack a ton of 3's, that's what they are told to do.
You are 100% right that it makes no sense at all and is frustrating......but hey, they have to do what they are told to do.

dd24
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I normally don't try to read into things BUT........why the hell would you be late for an interview because someone called about a player you say you are definitely not going to trade? That should be a 10 second conversation right?

It's not like he was 20 minutes late. It had to have been a few minute conversation.

DKLaker
02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
It's not like he was 20 minutes late. It had to have been a few minute conversation.

Wasn't he 15 minutes late?

dd24
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Wasn't he 15 minutes late?

I'm not sure if it was quite that. There was also some other talking and a commercial in there too I believe. Maybe they talked about more than Dwight.