PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard: LBJ to Cleveland or Los Angeles in 2014

sixer6ad
01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8849128

He is very careful to state this is his OPINION, and that he has not talked to LeBron.

Miami can now understand the frustration of "Will he stay?" that we dealt with every second he was here.

It's A VC3!!!
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Cleveland seems like the best option but all of this stories should be burned and thrown into a black hole. Nobody on this planet has any clue if LeBron will leave Miami and all this guessing is so stupid. I think it will happen only because the Heat will be washed up by then and LeBron wouldn't mind playing with a mature superstar, at that time, Kyrie Irving. The Nets also seem like a good candidate in my opinion. In 2014, they can waive Joe and Gerald and sign LeBron.

Deron, LeBron, Brook and Mirza.:banana:

Doranku
01-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Chris Broussard

STATUTORY
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
he needs to win at least one more before he leaves MIami or else he will damage his legacy even further.

Budadiiii
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Stopped reading at Chris Brou

All Net
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Multiple sources..

Mr. Incredible
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Not happening.

You know why?

Pat Riley.

Rekindled
01-16-2013, 02:04 PM
imaging the cavs tank the next 2 years, and trade Waiters+their loterry pick for a high pick that nets them wiggins.

trade varejao+thompson+ one of their late picks for cousins

Cousins
Zeller
Lebron
Wiggins
Irving

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Faptastrophe
01-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Multiple sources..
http://i.imgur.com/IK0pB.png

Droid101
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
He's coming to the Lakers. Everyone in the league knows this.

Dwight, Nash, LeBron, Kobe on a minimum contract, fillers.

Championship Spaceship Launch Commence!

SilkkTheShocker
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
He's coming to the Lakers. Everyone in the league knows this.

Dwight, Nash, LeBron, Kobe on a minimum contract, fillers.

Championship Spaceship Launch Commence!

He isn't going to LA. Its Miami or Cleveland. He wants to create his own image. Not interested in sharing it with past Laker greats

red1
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
imaging the cavs tank the next 2 years, and trade Waiters+their loterry pick for a high pick that nets them wiggins.

Cousins
Zeller
Lebron
Wiggins
Irving

irving wiggins lebron and cousins. this is an unrealistic AWESOME fantasy :eek:

Mr. Incredible
01-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Edit: Wrong Thread

HEAT111
01-16-2013, 02:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8849128

He is very careful to state this is his OPINION, and that he has not talked to LeBron.

Miami can now understand the frustration of "Will he stay?" that we dealt with every second he was here.

It wasn't as big as James but from Miami we dealt with Wade...:facepalm

niko
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
He isn't going to LA. Its Miami or Cleveland. He wants to create his own image. Not interested in sharing it with past Laker greats
You're thinking of Dwight. Lebron is a a student of history, not terrified of it.

Mr. Jabbar
01-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Do not send cheap superstars to LA please. Thanks.

NBASTATMAN
01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Cleveland seems like the best option but all of this stories should be burned and thrown into a black hole. Nobody on this planet has any clue if LeBron will leave Miami and all this guessing is so stupid. I think it will happen only because the Heat will be washed up by then and LeBron wouldn't mind playing with a mature superstar, at that time, Kyrie Irving. The Nets also seem like a good candidate in my opinion. In 2014, they can waive Joe and Gerald and sign LeBron.

Deron, LeBron, Brook and Mirza.:banana:

Kyrie is no superstar. He is very similar to S Marbury. His stats have not made his team any better. And the only stat that jumps out at you is his three point shooting. His assist to turnover ratio is horrible

Faptastrophe
01-16-2013, 02:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c9sos.png: Should we take Kobe and Dwight back?

RoundMoundOfReb
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM

You honestly wouldn't want Lebron on your team? :rolleyes: :wtf:

lakerspng
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c9sos.png: Should we take Kobe and Dwight back?

Kobe was a superstar when the Lakers traded for his draft rights on draft day? Really?

Shaq and Dwight may be more accurate.

lakerspng
01-16-2013, 02:56 PM
You honestly wouldn't want Lebron on your team? :rolleyes: :wtf:

not directed at me, but I'll reply.

I didn't like Chris Paul, don't like his demeanor on the court: he comes off as a total prick, but was willing to embrace him if he came to the Lakers.

I'm not a huge fan of LeBron, but his talent speaks for itself. He would make the Lakers better for many years to come. Who wouldn't want that? although if he did come... I fear his best days will have been behind him. he still needs to add a lot to his skill set to age gracefully. If he does not, he won't be nearly as effective as Kobe is at 34 and that's only 6 years away for him. LeBron and Dwight would be a very effective combination, their style would compliment each other pretty well.

Way too early to be talking about this stuff though and I have a feeling Riley will find a way to keep him in Miami regardless.

Sarcastic
01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/217642/multiple-sources.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
01-16-2013, 03:00 PM
not directed at me, but I'll reply.

I didn't like Chris Paul, don't like his demeanor on the court: he comes off as a total prick, but was willing to embrace him if he came to the Lakers.

I'm not a huge fan of LeBron, but his talent speaks for itself. He would make the Lakers better for many years to come. Who wouldn't want that? although if he did come... I fear his best days will have been behind him. he still needs to add a lot to his skill set to age gracefully. If he does not, he won't be nearly as effective as Kobe is at 34 and that's only 6 years away for him. LeBron and Dwight would be a very effective combination, their style would compliment each other pretty well.

Way too early to be talking about this stuff though and I have a feeling Riley will find a way to keep him in Miami regardless.

You seem like a lakers fan, not just a kobe fan.

Kobe fans don't want him to go to LA, i think.

BTW i think lebron will be just fine as he ages. he's improved his jumper and post-game, will always be a great passer and As he gets slower/older i could see him making a switch to pf permanently. It wouldn't be a problem with dwight as the center.

White Mamba
01-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Multiple sources..:roll:

lakerspng
01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
You seem like a lakers fan, not just a kobe fan.

Kobe fans don't want him to go to LA, i think.

BTW i think lebron will be just fine as he ages. he's improved his jumper and post-game, will always be a great passer and As he gets slower/older i could see him making a switch to pf permanently. It wouldn't be a problem with dwight as the center.

Was a Lakers fan long before Kobe and will be a Lakers fan long after Kobe.

Lebron's biggest problems are his footwork and his conscience. If he can work on the first and know when to let go of the second, he will be much better. His jumpshooting form, while not pretty, is effective for him. Trying to change it at this stage of his career, will probably just make it worse and his confidence lower. He's found a way to be effective with it and that's all that really matters, even if it's ugly as hell. He can add a lot of new weapons to his arsenal in the post, but not till he works on his footwork. He would be an effective PF, especially as the number of quality bigs shrinks every year. As Garnet, Duncan, Dirk and a few others retire in 2-3 years, he may be the best big man in the game if he moves down to the 4 spot, playing from that position, but he would have to be willing to give up his ball handling duties... which he may or may not be comfortable doing.

senelcoolidge
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
He's more likely to go to the Clippers than the lakers.

KyrieTheFuture
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Kyrie is no superstar. He is very similar to S Marbury. His stats have not made his team any better. And the only stat that jumps out at you is his three point shooting. His assist to turnover ratio is horrible

:roll: :roll:

The only way you could have made this more obvious would be if you typed "I have never watched a minute of Kyrie playing basketball"

NumberSix
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Let's GO!!

http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/2809.jpg

DukeDelonte13
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM

it's not like Durant's team didn't suck for his first 3 years in the league.

TylerOO
01-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Oh god. this shit is already starting up

Whoah10115
01-16-2013, 04:05 PM
LA lol.

That would be an embarrassment. There's no chance Lebron goes to LA. If someone with his name ends up playing there it's a fraud and I won't even pay attention. Would take a severe lack of testicles and personality.

NBASTATMAN
01-16-2013, 04:08 PM
:roll: :roll:

The only way you could have made this more obvious would be if you typed "I have never watched a minute of Kyrie playing basketball"

9 WINS

THAT MAKES WHAT I WROTE OBVIOUS

KyrieTheFuture
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
9 WINS

THAT MAKES WHAT I WROTE OBVIOUS
You're right that's why so many respected basketball minds think hes gonna be a scrub right? I can't even describe how dumb you sound just admit you made a mistake and move on it's okay were all wrong sometimes.

iDunk
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
No way a player of LeBron's magnitude plays for 3 different teams in his career.

Its either Miami or Cleveland IMO.

Saying that LeBron to join Melo in 2014!?!?!?!?

If Melo doesn't have a ring by 2014 wouldn't it be awesome for LeBron to come to NY & help Melo get one? /endwetdream

NBASTATMAN
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
it's not like Durant's team didn't suck for his first 3 years in the league.

No one was calling Durant a superstar up until his fourth season. And even then people had doubts. Maybe I will be wrong about Irving in time but a small guard who doesn't have a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio in this league just cannot lead a quality team...

NBASTATMAN
01-16-2013, 04:16 PM
You're right that's why so many respected basketball minds think hes gonna be a scrub right? I can't even describe how dumb you sound just admit you made a mistake and move on it's okay were all wrong sometimes.

Dude you act like wrote that Kyrie was a scrub. I wrote he was very similar to Marbury who was a all star level guard when he played but not a superstar.

Whoah10115
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Durant's team won 50 games in his 3rd season. So that's wrong.

Kyrie Irving is a 6'3 PG so he's hardly a small guard.

NBASTATMAN
01-16-2013, 04:24 PM

Dude Irving is still a small guard. He isn't going to be posting anyone up at his size. He doesn't take care of the ball like a pt so he is a small shooting guard with good scoring ability .. YEA STEPHON MARBURY OR STEVE FRANCIS :rockon:

Hope you are right about him longer term but as of now he is not a superstar.. Not even close.

DukeDelonte13
01-16-2013, 04:48 PM

my mistake. But his thunder team did only win 23 games his second season. Point i'm trying to make is is that its hard to gauge the impact of a young player based on win/loss record when the vast majority of his teammates are under 24 years old. The cavs are the third youngest team in the league.

LBJ 23
01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Duke Delonte, Bisk, RBA, Meticode and other Cavs fans what will your reaction be if Lebron really comes back? Will you accept him or still hate/dislike him?

red1
01-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Tbh I could easily see any of cleveland, miami and LA all happening

RoundMoundOfReb
01-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Part of the problem with lebron was that he was too good right away. if the cavs had sucked for 2-3 years and gotten some high picks like the thunder did after getting Durant they would have won a championship imo. with kyrie they have a chance of doing this.

Kiddlovesnets
01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Lakers maybe, Cavs no. They will lose Irving in decision v2.0 in not so distant future, that franchise is cursed.

Clifton
01-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Do you know an admired all-time great who skipped around from city to city to whoever had the hottest team going every time his contract was up? Lebron's not stupid. He knows you can only get away with something like this once in your prime. He has to live and die with the Heat now until he's past-prime. That means he'll have to play till near the end of one more contract extension in Miami. Basically did what Shaq did. That's the most fickleness you're allowed as an all-time great before people think way less of you.

PJR
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
LeBron will be a Miami Heat player for as long as Pat Riley is the president of basketball operations with the Heat. Which basically will be for another 6-8 years. Basically the remainder of his basketball prime.

Next.

brandonislegend
01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Holy **** you're dumb. I am not even going to respond.

TheMarkMadsen
01-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Cousins
Zeller
Lebron
Wiggins
Irving

Varejo and Thompson plus a late pick for cousins?

So a few years from now when the cavs are picking late in the draft a varejo plus Thompson for cousins trade will work?

You think whoever has cousins in a couple years would consider that horrible trade?

upside24
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Chris Broussard
This.

sixer6ad
01-16-2013, 06:13 PM
LeBron will be a Miami Heat player for as long as Pat Riley is the president of basketball operations with the Heat. Which basically will be for another 6-8 years. Basically the remainder of his basketball prime.

Next.

Perhaps the biggest "I'm not listening...in denial" post ever on ISH.

DukeDelonte13
01-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Duke Delonte, Bisk, RBA, Meticode and other Cavs fans what will your reaction be if Lebron really comes back? Will you accept him or still hate/dislike him?

I would love it because Lebron would instantly make Cleveland a legit contender, but i'm not crazy about the guy or anything. I mean i was pretty f'cking pissed he d*cked over the franchise but in the end if he comes back and cleveland wins one it was destiny and it had to happen the way it did.

As another poster pointed out Lebron was too good and it prevented the cavs from securing another high draft pick. (i think they picked 10th the draft after Lebron?) Anyways that draft was blown, and by then Cavs were in the playoffs. And f*ck all the "cavs failed to build a good team around Lebron noise". Who were the cavs going to give up for a legit allstar? a package involving Sasha Pavlovic, over-thirty Big Z and a late first? It's not like they didn't try. Kerr balked two years in a row not pulling the trigger on Amare. (and no, the cavs never refused to trade JJ for Amare, they DID refuse to trade JJ for shaq) No FA wanted to sign not knowing what Lebron was going to do either.

Cleveland has a very decent young core now. Don't let their record fool you. They are very competitive for the majority of the games but struggle closing games out, as you would expect a team full of 21 year olds to do. Kyrie is a legit franchise player. TT is starting to show he can be an elite level defensive and rebounding PF. Dion looks like a legit secondary scoring option. Zeller looks like he is going to be a solid C in the league for years to come.
Plus cavs are going to have another very high pick this year, plus another mid to late 1st.

I believe by 2014 the cavs will be a solid playoff team w/out Lebron. Add Lebron and you have a surefire contender, or add another max FA and you have a possible contender. As a cavs fan how could you NOT want your team contending for a championship?

PJR
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Perhaps the biggest "I'm not listening...in denial" post ever on ISH.

No. That would be you Cleveland dweebs cirica 2008-2010...:oldlol:

But thanks.

Kurosawa0
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Anybody thinking LeBron going back to Cleveland hurts his legacy is crazy. I can understand the argument if he goes to the Lakers, but to Cleveland? Please, sportswriters will be dying to write the "homecoming" stories.

I really think LeBron leaving in 2014 might not be actually kinda what Miami has envisioned. They know keeping the three stars together is unlikely heading into the new cap rules. If LeBron bolts they still can build around Wade and Bosh. That's still probably a relevant team, even with Wade declining.

Miami hasn't been making moves with the idea of contending over the long haul, but right now. They have a chance at 2 titles over the next 2 seasons and they've built that way.

Why I've been a big proponent of the LeBron going back to Cleveland idea is that it really fits. I think LeBron really doesn't like how things ended in Cleveland. Even with winning a title and slaying basically all of his critics, LeBron still has that stain on his legacy. If he could go back and win a title in Cleveland... it makes it all one story. That would be very powerful in placing his career in the pantheon of great players. More so than winning in LA or Miami.

longtime lurker
01-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I wonder if Miami fans will still be stanning for Lebron hard once he leaves another franchise high and dry :oldlol:

LBJ 23
01-16-2013, 06:53 PM
I mean i was pretty f'cking pissed he d*cked over the franchise but in the end if he comes back and cleveland wins one it was destiny and it had to happen the way it did.

I like this sentence a lot

Magic bird
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM

Cousins
Zeller
Lebron
Wiggins
Irving

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

KyrieTheFuture
01-16-2013, 08:00 PM
He wouldn't be anyone's favorite player on the team but no rational human being would ever say no to that. I'd refuse to believe it was true until like 2 weeks into the season. Even then I'd be convinced I fell into a coma and was dreaming. LeBrons return would actually make me lose my grip on reality.

Derka
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Lebraaaaaaahn

Burgz V2
01-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Chris Broussard needs to shut up and go away already. He has based his whole career on getting a few big rumours right but everything in between is just pure speculation

"multiple sources have told me Kobe ate breakfast this morning. As per my opinion and a figment of my own imagination"

chips93
01-16-2013, 08:23 PM
but all of this stories should be burned and thrown into a black hole. Nobody on this planet has any clue if LeBron will leave Miami and all this guessing is so stupid.

:applause:

Y2Gezee
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
I definitely think it's possible. Depends on the Heat's title chances at that time.

He's right, Lebron just left there to win championships. So now that he's won one based on having the most talent alone... he would go and ride Kyrie's talents in his hometown.

Soooooo....bottom line is Lebron's a follower

RRR3
01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
I definitely think it's possible. Depends on the Heat's title chances at that time.

He's right, Lebron just left there to win championships. So now that he's won one based on having the most talent alone... he would go and ride Kyrie's talents in his hometown.

Soooooo....bottom line is Lebron's a follower
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Another terrible post from Airchibundo 2.0.