PDA

View Full Version : Let the Josh Smith sweepstakes commence...

niko
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
His agent met with the Hawks today to express his client's "frustrations" over the suspension, other things.

Where does he wind up?

Lakers must be thrilled. Another one bites the dust....

tpols
01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
That bulls game destroyed the hawks confidence Haha.

I feel like the Lakers will pursue him.. Get rid of Paulina

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-16-2013, 06:53 PM
pau/blake/ebanks for Smith/korver/petro

hawkfan
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
His agent met with the Hawks today to express his client's "frustrations" over the suspension, other things.

Where does he wind up?

Lakers must be thrilled. Another one bites the dust....

Fire Larry Drew.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal to Utah for Enes Kanter and Paul Millsap.

Seriously doubt anything happens during the season. Might be after the season ends, he might bolt. Or he may come back.

Please God trade Morrow and get a big like Mozgov or McRoberts.

PJR
01-16-2013, 06:59 PM
He'll be a target for Houston next summer in free agency.

Figlo
01-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Josh Smith & Korver for Kris Humprhies and Marshon Brooks

dbugz
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
We'll offer Jason Collins straight up

longtime lurker
01-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Posted this in another thread. Gasol for J Smoove baby!

niko
01-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Why would the Hawks do that? Shittier player and longer contract?

hawkfan
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Why would the Hawks do that? Shittier player and longer contract?

Exactly.

Pekovic will be a free agent this summer. Can sign him to a max deal.

Magic bird
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
We'll offer Jason Collins straight up
:applause: :applause:

Levity
01-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Pau for smith and morrow?

why atl does it? This gives them a center to pair up with horford, who should be playing a 4. Depending on who you talk to, Pau is much better suited at the 5 then the 4 at this point in his career. And since there arent any real dominating centers back east, pau has a chance to shine. and if after a play off run this season, they decide they dont want pau on the team, then he becomes $20 million expirer/trade chip for next season

why la does it? Pau doesnt fit this team. The pf position in la is reserved for a more mobile/defending power forward, who also has the ability to hit open jumpers and pass the ball. Clark fits that position pretty well, but Josh Smith would most likely do it even better. Also, acquiring jsmoove can be seen as insurance to signing dwight long term. Morrow was added for salary purposes, but in an offense like Mike D's that rewards shooters, he would fit in nicely.

longtime lurker
01-16-2013, 07:14 PM

why atl does it? This gives them a center to pair up with horford, who should be playing a 4. Depending on who you talk to, Pau is much better suited at the 5 then the 4 at this point in his career. And since there arent any real dominating centers back east, pau has a chance to shine. and if after a play off run this season, they decide they dont want pau on the team, then he becomes $20 million expirer/trade chip for next season

why la does it? Pau doesnt fit this team. The pf position in la is reserved for a more mobile/definding power forward, who also has the ability to hit open jumpers and pass the ball. Clark fits that position pretty well, but Josh Smith could most likely do it even better. Also, acquiring jsmoove can be seen as insurance to signing dwight long term. Morrow was added for salary purposes, but in an offense like Mike D's that rewards shooters, he would fit in nicely.

Great post. If I were the Lakers I'd start Clark and Smith bring World Peace off the bench. The versatility on offense would be crazy and you'd have Morrow, Meeks, Jamison and World Peace as shooters off the bench.

fsvr54
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
**** Pau, no one wants his old expensive ass

Rockets(T-mac)
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
So the lakers will have Josh smith shooting 3s instead of Gasol?

flipogb
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
teams like Atlanta shouldn't bet all their chips on cap space as they aren't a prime destination. If they are smart they will not trade Smith for a salary dump but rather for a good player even if they have multiple years left

Borat
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
LOLOLOL at Hawks taking on Pau
Totally the opposite of everything Ferry has done so far. This isnt the nets. This is the opposite.

G-Funk
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Minny:Gasol
Hawks: Williams/Pek
Lakets:Smith

Levity
01-16-2013, 07:39 PM

had love not gone down with a season ending injury, and pek not blown up like he had since the pau/min trade was initially put on the table, then yeah i could definitely see that trade being considered. but now, with love indeed out for what looks like the remainder of the season, i dont think the wolves improve by taking pau and losing pek. but if the wolves have no intention on re-signing pek this summer, then that trade is definitely an option. In my opinion, its a great trade for atl. pek and horford would be one of the better front courts in the east.

hitmanyr2k
01-16-2013, 07:44 PM

why la does it? Pau doesnt fit this team. The pf position in la is reserved for a more mobile/defending power forward, who also has the ability to hit open jumpers and pass the ball. Clark fits that position pretty well, but Josh Smith would most likely do it even better. Also, acquiring jsmoove can be seen as insurance to signing dwight long term. Morrow was added for salary purposes, but in an offense like Mike D's that rewards shooters, he would fit in nicely.

Probably the funniest and most delusional thing I've read in awhile :oldlol:

Levity
01-16-2013, 07:50 PM

Guess you should try reading more often then. The part you isolated may be laughable in your opinion, but the fact remains that josh smith is the type of defending 4 LA could use, and he would be better than earl clark in all facets.

SevereUpInHere
01-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I've been on holidays since he came back and haven't managed to see any games since, but how is Amare looking? I'm guessing that's a pipe dream.

Rubio2Gasol
01-16-2013, 08:30 PM

He would do it much better in D'Antoni's system. Passing from the elbow is his strong point and he shoots open three's in transition a bit better.

But lets not ignore the fact that he would make an unbelievable difference defensively.

Hawks would be stupid to do this trade, despite the fact that I love Gasol, Josh Smith is much much better at this point in time.

Nick Young
01-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Pau Gasol for Josh Smith-FACT AND BOOK IT:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Borat
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Pau Gasol for Josh Smith-FACT AND BOOK IT:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

you are an illogical moron

joshwake
01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Fire Larry Drew.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal to Utah for Enes Kanter and Paul Millsap.

Seriously doubt anything happens during the season. Might be after the season ends, he might bolt. Or he may come back.

Please God trade Morrow and get a big like Mozgov or McRoberts.
Why would Utah even consider that trade?

Magic bird
01-16-2013, 09:37 PM
:cheers:

JohnnySic
01-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Bass, Terry, Melo for Smith.

andremiller07
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM

Yeah I was thinking Boston should go after him as well although imo you might have to replace Melo with Sullinger maybe, although the Hawks got a similar type player in Ivan Johnson to Sully so they might want melo. I don't know if they would want Terry since they got Teauge/Lou/Harris already so maybe Jeff Green straight up for Smith (not sure on the contracts if they match).

Im suprised some moron has not yet called him a "cancer" in this thread cause thats what normally happends.

no pun intended
01-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I actually rather let Smith shoot threes than Gasol. Although Gasol is much more selective with his threes, Smith shoots them better if he has better looks and is as selective as Gasol, and that would be much easier with Nash.

Robster89
01-17-2013, 12:46 AM

EDIT:

Lakers: Smith/Barea

No Evans!
01-17-2013, 12:49 AM

A jump shooter, an old guy, and a project for Josh Smith. Got it.

d.bball.guy
01-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Was thinking of the exact same thing :lol

Crystallas
01-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Gay for Smith.

Big Cheese
01-17-2013, 01:21 AM
Get this guy out of atlanta. He has the worst shot selection in the nba, doesnt like playing in the paint and is soft as shit with a whiny diva attitude that is comparable to wade. Not many people know this because they dont watch the hawks.

When he doesnt play the IQ of our team rises significantly. We are 3-0 without him with wins against Indy,OKC, and Nets.

Whoever he goes to good luck dealing with him taking an enormous amount of long 2's with his foot on the line, touchdown passes, and refusing to pass the ball to the PG because he always want to bring the ball up the court.

We arent taking back garbage and guys with large contracts so kill it laker and celtic fans. Ferry has preached about flexibility.

To the people who think he can shoot LOL he shoots about 26 percent from mid range which is dead last in the nba, a career low 51 percent from the line and his 3 point percentage (currently 32) is plummeting down to his career average of 28 percent

TMT
01-17-2013, 01:30 AM
He'll stay, at least this season, because part of him believes they can land Dwight this upcoming summer. If they don't, he's gone.

G-Funk
01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Hawk guy just described Gasol with better D

Just2McFly
01-17-2013, 01:46 AM
He's not going anywhere.

Magic bird
01-17-2013, 02:52 AM
He'll stay, at least this season, because part of him believes they can land Dwight this upcoming summer. If they don't, he's gone.
This.

bdreason
01-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Smith is a great player, but he's not a max player, and anyone who gives him franchise money is a fool.

hitmanyr2k
01-17-2013, 03:39 AM
Get this guy out of atlanta. He has the worst shot selection in the nba, doesnt like playing in the paint and is soft as shit with a whiny diva attitude that is comparable to wade. Not many people know this because they dont watch the hawks.

When he doesnt play the IQ of our team rises significantly. We are 3-0 without him with wins against Indy,OKC, and Nets.

Whoever he goes to good luck dealing with him taking an enormous amount of long 2's with his foot on the line, touchdown passes, and refusing to pass the ball to the PG because he always want to bring the ball up the court.

We arent taking back garbage and guys with large contracts so kill it laker and celtic fans. Ferry has preached about flexibility.

To the people who think he can shoot LOL he shoots about 26 percent from mid range which is dead last in the nba, a career low 51 percent from the line and his 3 point percentage (currently 32) is plummeting down to his career average of 28 percent

Shhhh...don't tell anyone. Some people actually think this guy can shoot jumpers :oldlol:

Jakeh008
01-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Marion Kaman Mayo for Smith Harris

ATL get a pretty nice lineup of
Teague, Mayo, Marion, Horford, Kaman...Williams, Korver, Pachulia

Dallas loses depth but adds a nice secondary piece that give them more cap space and makes Dallas even more tempting for Howard. Hes already said he consiered going to Dallas. Since him and smith are good friends it would be hard to pass up a Smith/Dirk/Howard combo if the Lakers dont work out

Xiao Yao You
01-17-2013, 06:33 AM
:bowdown:
Fire Larry Drew.

I would. They aren't giving up Kanter for a low basketball IQ. Other expiring contracts maybe.

Good luck finding someone to take Gasol too!

fefe
01-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Nets will also add 3 first round draft picks, and the Hawks can keep Korver too.
If Humphries is not wanted, he can be flipped to a 3rd team for expirers. The Bobcats will probably listen, they were going afer him pretty hard in the summer.

J-Smoove would be the perfect PF for Brooklyn.

hawkfan
01-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Nets will also add 3 first round draft picks, and the Hawks can keep Korver too.
If Humphries is not wanted, he can be flipped to a 3rd team for expirers. The Bobcats will probably listen, they were going afer him pretty hard in the summer.

J-Smoove would be the perfect PF for Brooklyn.

Josh said in the summer he didn't know if he wanted to stay. Then Joe got traded, and Josh said he wanted to stay in Atlanta.

Doubt he wants to go to Brooklyn and deal with Joe's iso-offense again.

He'll be a free agent and he can bolt.

If Sacramento offers Cousins, Garcia (expirer) and something else, the Hawks may listen with seriousness.

fefe
01-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Josh said in the summer he didn't know if he wanted to stay. Then Joe got traded, and Josh said he wanted to stay in Atlanta.

Doubt he wants to go to Brooklyn and deal with Joe's iso-offense again.

He'll be a free agent and he can bolt.

If Sacramento offers Cousins, Garcia (expirer) and something else, the Hawks may listen with seriousness.

Yes it's all true.
Still, Brooklyn will probably make this offer. They really need a defensive minded, quick and athletic PF like him.

Joe doesn't isolate that much on the Nets anyway.
Its true that J-Smoove would only be a 4th option behind Deron, JJ and Lopez there.

El Kabong
01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
LOLOLOL at Hawks taking on Pau
Totally the opposite of everything Ferry has done so far. This isnt the nets. This is the opposite.
Hey, logic boy, using your logic like that, your kind aren't welcome here.

Why would Utah even consider that trade?
Because Hawkfan wishes it to be so. God knows he hit the nail on the head in the billion other trades he's proposed.

La Frescobaldi
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Nets would do great so would Rockets

atljonesbro
01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
I hope the Hawks go after Cousins. Dude is gonna be something serious.