PDA

View Full Version : McGrady denies ever playing Kobe one-on-one in Germany

LoneyROY7
01-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Per McGrady:

"LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either.."

:lol

Is Mamba telling some white lies?

Noob Saibot
01-18-2013, 02:45 AM
McGrady should challenge Kobe, seriously.

Magic bird
01-18-2013, 02:49 AM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/Firass/orly.gif

miller-time
McGrady should challenge Kobe, seriously.

True. Kobe needs any win he can get these days.

PJR
Kobe making up shit. Pathetic. :facepalm

Velocirap31
01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
Kobe didn't think anyone would verify his story with Tmac I guess. LiarBe

ThaRegul8r
01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
Ah, another ISH no-source report.

Considering the fact that people have made up complete fabrications in the past while pushing them as "news" (oftentimes with it never even occurring to anyone other than myself to question its authenticity), I trust you will be the exception and be able to provide a source that proves the veracity of this claim?

NBASTATMAN
01-18-2013, 02:53 AM
Per McGrady:

"LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either.."

Kobe, armstrong,Manti teo:confusedshrug:

NBASTATMAN
01-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Per McGrady:

Kobe, armstrong,Manti teo:confusedshrug:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21570897/tracy-mcgrady-denies-playing-kobe-bryant-oneonone

selrahc
01-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Per McGrady:

Right, because a reporter would quote McGrady using the term "LOL"

LoneyROY7

Considering the fact that people have made up complete fabrications in the past while pushing them as "news" (oftentimes with it never even occurring to anyone other than myself to question its authenticity), I trust you will be the exception and be able to provide a source that proves the veracity of this claim?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21570897/tracy-mcgrady-denies-playing-kobe-bryant-oneonone

LoneyROY7

ROFL. McGrady tweeted it.

I know you're searching for some way to invalidate it, but you can't.

BrickingStar
01-18-2013, 02:56 AM
Wow LeBron destroying kobe ****ed you up in the head that hard huh? It was on twitter retard

oh the horror
01-18-2013, 02:57 AM

:oldlol: no kidding

DuMa
01-18-2013, 02:58 AM
TMac still owning Kobe after all these years

oh the horror
Anyone ever consider maybe T-Mac is lying or are you going to just run with it because once again it suits the anti-Kobe brigade around here?

lebeast666

How about a tweet from Tmac?

Tracy McGrady (@Real_T_Mac) tweeted at 8:01 PM on Thu, Jan 17, 2013:
@MHeatfan631 LOL Hell no! That's far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..
(https://twitter.com/Real_T_Mac/status/292074183322656768)

LoneyROY7
:oldlol: no kidding

:biggums:

You guys do realize this is 2013, right?

It's...called...T-W-I-T-T-E-R.

Velocirap31
01-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Wow LeBron destroying kobe ****ed you up in the head that hard huh? It was on twitter retard

PJR

That's straight from McGrady's twitter handle, dummy.

Budadiiii
Tracy McGrady has almost zero character. Have zero respect for him and he's flat out lying. Kobe did roast his ass. Someone should ask his bitch ass if hes having fun capping off his career in China as the biggest loser in NBA history, ****ing clown.

Euroleague
Kobe and T-Mac are both proven pathological liars. So either one could be lying about this.

irondarts
01-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Tracy McGrady has almost zero character. Have zero respect for him and he's flat out lying. Kobe did roast his ass. Someone should ask his bitch ass if hes having fun capping off his career in China as the biggest loser in NBA history, ****ing clown.
Damn, salty. :roll: :roll:

Velocirap31
I'll choose to believe the one who isn't a rapist.

General
Like anyone is gonna believe that bum playing in China over Kobe.

selrahc
01-18-2013, 03:01 AM
That's straight from McGrady's twitter handle, dummy.

ok well either way, kobe is obviously the one telling the truth. mcgrady is not even the best player on a losing team in china :confusedshrug:

NBASTATMAN
01-18-2013, 03:04 AM

Dude you taking this shit personal.. Why so salty? :rockon:

LoneyROY7
01-18-2013, 03:06 AM
ok well either way, kobe is obviously the one telling the truth. mcgrady is not even the best player on a losing team in china :confusedshrug:

:kobe:

irondarts
01-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Yeah but Kobe claimed the 1on1 game was 14 years ago, not yesterday, T-Mac's current status today is irrelevant to this story.

AngelEyes
01-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Detective Winters: Okay. Um. I

dazzer87
01-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Not the first time Kobe lie, remember that nite in Colorado in 03

BrickingStar
01-18-2013, 03:43 AM
Anyone ever consider maybe T-Mac is lying or are you going to just run with it because once again it suits the anti-Kobe brigade around here?
Why exactly would lead you to believe that kobe is telling the truth over tmac if anything you should believe neither. But it's not like the rapist hasn't ad a history of lying and delusion

TheBigVeto
01-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Per McGrady:

Like I said before... Makingshitupbe.

stevieming
01-18-2013, 04:20 AM
I do remember Tmac and Kobe going to Europe together when they were both young.

It was France and there was an article in Slam, when they were in Euro Disney on a roller coaster...

Can't remember if they were in Germany as well.

Strangely enough, I do believe Kobe that they played one on one, two young b ball stars, both probably thought they were the best, no doubt they would have played against each other, not like later on when stars are older with more ego to lose...

MMM
01-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Article from 2003 (http://www.fashionwindows.com/beauty/2001/adidas_kwame.asp)

It was TMAC's second European trip, both being in connection with adidas, as he was in Paris for the 1998 adidas EURO abc Camp. He also attended the 1999 adidas Asian Streetball Finals in Taipei, Taiwan and the 2000 adidas Asian Streetball Finals in Manila, Philippines.

:confusedshrug:

MMM
01-18-2013, 05:36 AM

It was France and there was an article in Slam, when they were in Euro Disney on a roller coaster...

Strangely enough, I do believe Kobe that they played one on one, two young b ball stars, both probably thought they were the best, no doubt they would have played against each other, not like later on when stars are older with more ego to lose...

Apparently, T-mac first trip to Germany was in 2003, could Kobe have mistaken Paris for a German city???

AlzheimerBe:confusedshrug:

alleykat
01-18-2013, 05:58 AM
Kobe prolly getting too old.....starting to forget already....

chosen_one6
01-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Apparently, T-mac first trip to Germany was in 2003, could Kobe have mistaken Paris for a German city???

AlzheimerBe:confusedshrug:

:roll:

JohnnySic
01-18-2013, 06:10 AM
LOL @ at this thing, I love stuff like this. :oldlol:

nayte
01-18-2013, 06:18 AM

LOL..WTF .. I dont really care who is lying or telling the truth.
But this logic.....
In saying all that I would put my money on Kobe if these two were playing one on one.Without any hesitation..

ripthekik
01-18-2013, 06:24 AM

yeah.. i remember reading this in the magazine too..
mac trying to erase history :roll: :roll: :roll:

Myth
01-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Well, Kobe also lied when he said that a 1 on 1 series with Jordan would be close, so the integrity of that entire interview should have already been in question.

ThaRegul8r
01-18-2013, 08:04 AM

Ah, very good. Though I don't see why the link wasn't included to begin with. As I said, people have made up stuff before, which is why I'm immediately suspicious whenever I don't see a link included. But as this is confirmed as legit, continue.

STATUTORY
01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
http://www.basketball365.co.uk/adidas180603.htm

T-Mac in Berlin

The ABCD Camp is run by basketball guru Sonny Vacarro and has been the "coming out" party for NBA stars such as Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Stephon Marbury and Jermaine O'Neal.

Darius
01-18-2013, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=AngelEyes]Detective Winters: Okay. Um. I

Calabis
01-18-2013, 11:45 AM

MapQuestBe??

Darius
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM

T-Mac in Berlin

What's this have to do with T-Mac being in Germany w Kobe when he was 19?

In 2003 T-mac was 23 :rolleyes:

Kobe Stans grasping at anything :oldlol:

tazb
HoaxBe making shit up so he looks better :facepalm :facepalm HoaxBe really is a bum.

STATUTORY
What's this have to do with T-Mac being in Germany w Kobe when he was 19?

In 2003 T-mac was 23 :rolleyes:

Kobe Stans grasping at anything :oldlol:

when someone says he was 20, usually they mean around 20, which 23 certainly qualifies for.

not grasping son. Explaining.

Dro
01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Kobe fans reaching like usual...Looks like Kobe is blatantly lying...

Calabis
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
when someone says he was 20, usually they mean around 20, which 23 certainly qualifies for.

Go ahead KobeLawyerBe, take a nap, we already know you been searching the internet all night trying to provide some evidence.....

call these mf'ers maybe they can help

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/cold-case-files.jpg

Deuce Bigalow
01-18-2013, 12:20 PM
@kobebryant: @bojanf @real_t_mac 100% true story.
I love tmac thou always have

Sakkreth
01-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Lol to lie that u beat someone 1v1 when it never happened, pathetic.

SilkkTheShocker
01-18-2013, 12:21 PM
True. Kobe needs any win he can get these days.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Knoe Itawl
01-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Brought Shaq into some ish he had nothing to do with. Probably rapist. Now lying about this?

Scumbagbe

HardwoodLegend
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kobe was a loser player when placed in a similar disadvantaged team situation.

kurple
01-18-2013, 12:45 PM
LieBe is a loser

BlazersDozen
01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
I tend to believe Tracy on this one. Kobe has always done things like this to try and garner respect or cred from people because he's so insecure with growing up in Italy. He picked out Tracy because Tracy is the only SG former star of the 2000s that isn't in the US & Kobe is so delusional, he probably didn't think that an ESPN story could reach China. I mean, he said a game with Jordan would be close...there was evidence of him being delusional within the interview from the start.

This is sarcasm...IDGAF who is telling the truth...they're both divas.

LikeABosh
01-18-2013, 01:02 PM
KoMe trying to inflate his ego because the Lakers are trash :oldlol: :oldlol:

NumberSix
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I actually completely believe Kobe on this one.

kurple
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I actually completely believe Kobe on this one.
he remembers it too well for it to be true

oh the horror
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry but the "anti Kobe brigade" once again on this board parading around pink flags flying

The hate on this board is just pitiful. I'm not even a massive Kobe fan and it looks RIDICULOUS to me at this point.

NumberSix
01-18-2013, 01:30 PM
It's too specific for him to be making it up. I mean, if he's outright lying he would have to know that T-Mac is going to know that he didn't play him 3 games in germany. It's too ridiculous to lie about...... However, people lie about dead people who never existed in the first place.

Meh, whatever. I believe Kobe.

LoneyROY7
01-18-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry but the "anti Kobe brigade" once again on this board parading around pink flags flying

The hate on this board is just pitiful. I'm not even a massive Kobe fan and it looks RIDICULOUS to me at this point.

"Anti Kobe brigade"?

I simply posted T-mac's response to Kobe's claim and questioned the truth in what was originally said. People can decide what they want.

STATUTORY
01-18-2013, 01:31 PM
It's too specific for him to be making it up. I mean, if he's outright lying he would have to know that T-Mac is going to know that he didn't play him 3 games in germany. It's too ridiculous to lie about...... However, people lie about dead people who never existed in the first place.

Meh, whatever. I believe Kobe.
exactly, the relative specificity of Kobe's statement compared to the generalized rebuttal offered by Tmac, i.e. "noone in the NBA plays 1 on 1", clearly indicates Kobe is the more believable one in the situation.

Shih508
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

If kobe was there, he'd be mentioned in the article. Kobe ******gers are dumbest ppl on this planet

OhNoTimNoSho
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I believe Kobe, he might have gotten the city wrong cus they travel so much but im sure he remembers the show down. Im sure he remembers what he was thinking that day even. Thats how competitive he is

KingMichael23
01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
NBA Superstar Tracy "TMAC" McGrady began his offseason with a visit to Germany. He spent the first three days of his trip in Berlin, opening a top European basketball camp, the adidas EURO abc Camp and attending the "Mellowpark Jam", an inner-city event aimed at providing urban Berlin youth with the opportunity to participate in sporting activities. The last two days of his trip were spent in Herzogenaurach, the Headquarters of adidas-Salomon AG.

Tracy was part of the official opening ceremony of the adidas EURO abc Camp. The camp featured top junior players from eight countries and top international coaches from five nations. TMAC was impressed with the level of play at the camp, mentioning the Spanish Junior National Team guard, Sergio Rodriguez, specifically, "Some of these kids have got game, the point guard from Spain has definitely got a future in this sport." He worked out with the kids during a morning and an afternoon session, being both an active participant and an "unofficial coach".

Click to enlarge

Tracy McGrady takes flight in front
of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin
(click on image to enlarge)

The camp is part of the adidas global basketball camp network, which includes the adidas ABCD Camp in Teaneck, New Jersey. The ABCD Camp is run by basketball guru Sonny Vacarro and has been the "coming out" party for NBA stars such as Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, Stephon Marbury and Jermaine O'Neal.

After Berlin, TMAC and his group went to the adidas Headquarters in southern Germany. TMAC and adidas CEO, Herbert Hainer, introduced the new T-MAC 3 (will hit retailers on November 1, 2003) to the crowd. "It is a great feeling to have your own shoe. Each year I have worked with the adidas design team to make the shoe even better. I can tell you that the T-MAC 3 is the best one yet," added TMAC. Both the T-MAC 1 (launched in January 2002) and the T-MAC 2 (launched November, 2002) quickly became the number one selling sports shoe in the US.

Then TMAC put on a basketball show for the adidas employees and the media. A three on three tournament took place at the adidas World of Sports complex. The games featured teams led by TMAC, his brother Chance McGrady and Bob Myers of TMAC's management agency, SFX.

It was TMAC's second European trip, both being in connection with adidas, as he was in Paris for the 1998 adidas EURO abc Camp. He also attended the 1999 adidas Asian Streetball Finals in Taipei, Taiwan and the 2000 adidas Asian Streetball Finals in Manila, Philippines.

TMAC and adidas signed a lifetime contract in April, 2002. The deal, which is for the duration of TMAC's basketball career and beyond, is the most significant contract adidas has ever signed with a professional athlete. "This is an unprecedented deal for adidas," stated Erich Stamminger, Member of the Executive Board of adidas-Salomon AG, responsible for Global Marketing. "Tracy is one of the most exciting and respected players in the NBA and we are impressed by his passion both on and off the court."

TMAC added, "adidas has always been a company that has supported me, as far back as high school through the ABCD Camp. This is an exciting time in my life and I am happy that adidas has the confidence in me both as a basketball player and as a person to make this long-term commitment."

T-Mac forgot that they actually did go to Germany together.

Darius
01-18-2013, 01:45 PM

Where does that say Kobe was there when T-Mac was?

It says Kobe has attended that yearly camp at some point in time. :rolleyes:

brantonli
01-18-2013, 01:46 PM

I'm really interested to hear who is right here, but the article you posted only said the camp HAD players like Marbury, Kobe, O'Neal, not that all of them were there with Mcgrady. Oh well, given the size of the two egos here, we will probably never know the truth.

Soundwave
01-18-2013, 01:47 PM
:oldlol: Kobe's a bit of a dick but he probably wouldn't make up such a specific lie.

But really this is not that big of a deal.

At this time Kobe had already played a couple of seasons in the NBA, T-Mac was just getting drafted, in a 1-on-1 game of course at that age, I would expect Kobe to win.

The gap between an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old is huge.

longtime lurker
01-18-2013, 01:49 PM

This. This board is quickly going downhill you might as well just call it Kobehoops. It's the same usual suspects with the same bullsh!t over and over again. These losers are taking to heart a game of 1 on 1 that did or didn't happen. :biggums:

NumberSix
01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Where does that say Kobe was there when T-Mac was?

It says Kobe has attended that yearly camp at some point in time. :rolleyes:
The niqqa Kobe been gettin his german on. He be out there gettin his hot-carl on.
:roll:

G-Funk
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Pathetic hating prostitutes, Mad cause he be owning their favorite team since 96

AlphaWolf24
01-18-2013, 02:47 PM
A) It's already been proven that TMAC and Kobe were in Germany together when they were in thier very early 20's.

B) Tmac was an absolute beast in his heyday....a perfect combo of LBJ and D Wade ( for teh younger generations)....Both Kobe and Mac got the better of each other a few times ( just like Lebron/wade/Anthony/Durant are still going against Kobe today exchanging games back and forth)....

C) as you get into your mid / late 30's.....teh ages 18 - 28 kind of blend together....deffering betweeen 19 - 22 is practictly impossible.

alleykat
01-18-2013, 02:53 PM

T-Mac in Berlin

It didnt say he went with Kobe tho. It's at a camp where a bunch of stars rolled thru, but what Tracy stated was that he didn't go with Kobe to Germany.

This doesn't really prove much

AlphaWolf24
01-18-2013, 02:54 PM
It didnt say he went with Kobe tho. It's at a camp where a bunch of stars rolled thru, but what Tracy stated was that he didn't go with Kobe to Germany.

This doesn't really prove much

anyone know where this pic is from?

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/BruceBlitz/AlphaWolf-3195451_478_435_zps5fe1a219.jpg

edit: Looks lke Magics mid summer knights dream game

juju151111
01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I dont see why Kobe is bragging about beating a 19 year old Tmac.

miggyme1
01-18-2013, 08:18 PM
does it really matter???? these guys get paid to play TEAM BASKETBALL not one on one.....okay wow kobe beat tmac.....does that make him better than jordan? kobe is a great player but i can name a few people who are MORE talented than him

lebron
kevin durant
jordan

Beating someone one on one aint saying much.......can u make a group of people better???? kobe has never done that.....jordan did......lebron does.....and kevin durant is starting to achieve it....so at the end of the day who gives a fcuk who wins one on one? shit kobe u got yo rings.thats all that matters at the end of the day RIGHT??????????????????

RRR3
01-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Be at it again. :kobe:
Leave T-Mac alone :(

chips93
01-18-2013, 08:49 PM
does it really matter???? these guys get paid to play TEAM BASKETBALL not one on one.....okay wow kobe beat tmac.....does that make him better than jordan? kobe is a great player but i can name a few people who are MORE talented than him

it doesnt matter, but its still interesting

Clifton
01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
It's too specific for him to be making it up. I mean, if he's outright lying he would have to know that T-Mac is going to know that he didn't play him 3 games in germany. It's too ridiculous to lie about......
looks like You Don't Know Sociopaths.

These are people who are lacking the part of the brain that makes it difficult for *most* people to look someone right in the eye and tell them absolutely anything they think will benefit them most, regardless of truth, regardless even of how believable it is.

Then normal people come along and are like, "oh, come on, nobody would say something that ridiculous, it must be true." No.

As for Tmac, I haven't thought about his character much. He's very slick and well-spoken; but on the other hand I can't ever really remember anything about Tmac talking about himself or saying anything noteworthy. I remember one interview for (I think) Slam when he talked about how lazy he could be, but then other people testified that he had been working on his jumper and his body and was overstating his laziness.

Kiddlovesnets
01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Of course you dont let people know your embarrassing stories.
:coleman:

Darius
01-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Damn alot of mad stans in here... love it :oldlol:

oh the horror
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
looks like You Don't Know Sociopaths.

These are people who are lacking the part of the brain that makes it difficult for *most* people to look someone right in the eye and tell them absolutely anything they think will benefit them most, regardless of truth, regardless even of how believable it is.

Then normal people come along and are like, "oh, come on, nobody would say something that ridiculous, it must be true." No.

As for Tmac, I haven't thought about his character much. He's very slick and well-spoken; but on the other hand I can't ever really remember anything about Tmac talking about himself or saying anything noteworthy. I remember one interview for (I think) Slam when he talked about how lazy he could be, but then other people testified that he had been working on his jumper and his body and was overstating his laziness.

so, how do we know between kobe and t-mac who the "sociopath" is?

honestly this is all very silly. kobe haters will believe t-mac, and kobe's fans will believe kobe.

oh the horror
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Damn alot of mad stans in here... love it :oldlol:

imo,there are more mad haters in here.

im more inclined to believe mac wouldnt cop to something like that anyway.

Legends66NBA7
01-18-2013, 09:15 PM
I dont see why Kobe is bragging about beating a 19 year old Tmac.

Kobe was 20 at the time, though.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Kobe was 20 at the time, though.

:oldlol: Guys just say anything nowadays huh?

Clifton
01-18-2013, 10:06 PM
so, how do we know between kobe and t-mac who the "sociopath" is?

honestly this is all very silly. kobe haters will believe t-mac, and kobe's fans will believe kobe.
Kobe is the sociopath, because he has had literally hundreds of affairs, is a known liar, talks himself up all the time, and tells his teammates that they don't have the right to even talk to him. He is never known to have had any friends, and he calls girls back to his hotel whom he hardly knows and bends them over the backs of chairs and f*cks them from behind.

The only reason we don't *know* he's a rapist is because with people like him the difference between rape and really cold, dominating sex with total strangers is really blurry.

Thus he is a sociopath.

Tmac might be too, but if he is, he's way less ambitious and it's not been shown in public.

It is unbelievable what some people think they can get away with. The edifice of fable with which they surround themselves is baffling. As good as Kobe is, and as much of his personal legend is true, he still has no qualms about totally mythologizing his life. It totally wouldn't surprise me if he got carried away and just totally made this up. It is probably related to something true - maybe he played one on one with someone good in Germany, and maybe it's "felt like" he's squared up with Tmac and gotten the better of him, and so he conflated these two things to make a myth for himself because it sounded cool to say. That's how certain minds work.

oh the horror
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Kobe is the sociopath, because he has had literally hundreds of affairs, is a known liar, talks himself up all the time, and tells his teammates that they don't have the right to even talk to him. He is never known to have had any friends, and he calls girls back to his hotel whom he hardly knows and bends them over the backs of chairs and f*cks them from behind.

The only reason we don't *know* he's a rapist is because with people like him the difference between rape and really cold, dominating sex with total strangers is really blurry.

Thus he is a sociopath.

That must make most wealthy athletes sociopaths then dude. IMO....Some of these dudes should have never married young.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM

Thus he is a sociopath.

Tmac might be too, but if he is, he's way less ambitious and it's not been shown in public.

It is unbelievable what some people think they can get away with. The edifice of fable with which they surround themselves is baffling. As good as Kobe is, and as much of his personal legend is true, he still has no qualms about totally mythologizing his life. It totally wouldn't surprise me if he got carried away and just totally made this up. It is probably related to something true - maybe he played one on one with someone good in Germany, and maybe it's "felt like" he's squared up with Tmac and gotten the better of him, and so he conflated these two things to make a myth for himself because it sounded cool to say. That's how certain minds work.

First I was like :oldlol:

Then I was like :biggums: