PDA

View Full Version : KG is the dirtiest player in NBA History

ReturnofJPR
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
He just elbowed Marco Bellinelli in the head moments after Marco hit the game winning shot. It was off the ball, just past the half court line on the Bulls side of the court. And KG, the coward, just elbowed Bellenelli in the head because Kevin Garnett is a poor sport and cheap shot artist.

What does it take to get a 1 game suspension??

CelticBaller
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
He should've elbowed his head off

Hoiids
01-18-2013, 11:18 PM
He just elbowed Marco Bellinelli in the head moments after Marco hit the game winning shot. It was off the ball, just past the half court line on the Bulls side of the court. And KG, the coward, just elbowed Bellenelli in the head because Kevin Garnett is a poor sport and cheap shot artist.

I saw that too. Damn scumbag.
Throws bows on every screen and is such a wannabe tough guy. Can't stand him

Derka
01-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer want a word with you in private.

Add: I'd probably have tried to knock his f*cking head off.

TaLvsCuaL
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
http://thesuiteworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/facemask-bill-laimbeer-pistons-nba-sports-thesuiteworld.jpg

SCdac
01-18-2013, 11:22 PM
inb4 young fans start incorrectly throwing Bowen's name around

as for who is, I'd say Malone is up there too with the bad boy pistons

http://pictureschat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/karl-malone-and-tim-duncan.jpg

Djarum
01-18-2013, 11:23 PM
After the ridiculously biased bullshit officiating that led to his Kobe shot I can understand why KG elbowed him in the head. Gotta let that frustration out somewhere! :rolleyes:

iDunk
01-18-2013, 11:33 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cxxa2c.gif

oh the horror
01-18-2013, 11:38 PM
http://thesuiteworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/facemask-bill-laimbeer-pistons-nba-sports-thesuiteworld.jpg

:roll: :applause: THANK YOU

Magic bird
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
:roll: :roll:

Magic bird
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Metta World Peace says hello

He would've gave Bellinelli a concussion

Myth
01-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Video?

Whoah10115
01-18-2013, 11:42 PM

http://pictureschat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/karl-malone-and-tim-duncan.jpg

Come on man...Bowen was a dirty player. He kicked TWO different people in the face, like flying across the court. As a Heat and as a Spur. He'd get under your ankles and he was dirty all-around. Nothing incorrect about it. Bowen was a very dirty player, absolutely.

Now, so was Malone. That's a good kick there and it's making me laugh. But he was just nasty. He'd take cheap shots under the basket, would hit little guys in the air (The Isiah one stands out). I was a big fan, but as a kid you don't always recognize dirtiness like Malone's.

atljonesbro
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
hey man he was just trying to get in his head. just like when he makes fun of peoples dead mother and makes fun of people with cancer

ReturnofJPR
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
hey man he was just trying to get in his head. just like when he makes fun of peoples dead mother and makes fun of people with cancer

There was 1 second left

ProfessorMurder
01-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Uh-huh, cowards are notorious for elbowing people in the head. I've always said that.

Jesus Christ... Allegedly saying someone looked like a cancer patient is not making fun of cancer patients.

Magic bird
01-18-2013, 11:50 PM
KG did'nt even call CV a "Cancer patient" He said he was a "Cancer to his team"

Magic bird
01-18-2013, 11:51 PM
League needs to review that jump ball between Noah and Pierce,

Myth
01-18-2013, 11:52 PM

:oldlol:

thefatmiral
01-19-2013, 12:03 AM

i was going to say malone as well, as long as i've been watching ball i can't think of a more malevolent high profile player. KG can play dirty and be a jerk, but i hasn't played to seriously hurt people. maybe he's just too scrawny to be capable of that.

yeaaaman
01-19-2013, 12:25 AM
KG did'nt even call CV a "Cancer patient" He said he was a "Cancer to his team"

Oh yea, that's right, in the spirit of KG trash talk he probably said something like this "you sir, are a cancer to your team, and to society as a whole. Thank you"

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Oh yea, that's right, in the spirit of KG trash talk he probably said something like this "you sir, are a cancer to your team, and to society as a whole. Thank you"

:oldlol:

rmt
01-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Come on man...Bowen was a dirty player. He kicked TWO different people in the face, like flying across the court. As a Heat and as a Spur. He'd get under your ankles and he was dirty all-around. Nothing incorrect about it. Bowen was a very dirty player, absolutely.

Now, so was Malone. That's a good kick there and it's making me laugh. But he was just nasty. He'd take cheap shots under the basket, would hit little guys in the air (The Isiah one stands out). I was a big fan, but as a kid you don't always recognize dirtiness like Malone's.

Bowen's elbow never landed anyone in the hospital with concussion the way Malone did to DRob.

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Bowen's elbow never landed anyone in the hospital with concussion the way Malone did to DRob.

I'm not even saying that Bowen is as dirty as Malone was. I'm just saying he was dirty.

Magic bird
01-19-2013, 01:59 AM

:lebronamazed:

Not really.

tomtucker
01-19-2013, 05:03 AM
that elbow last night did look shtty......has to have a suspension coming

hon
01-19-2013, 05:28 AM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Hon_Leung/GarnettDirty_zps48574c95.jpg

Floppy
01-19-2013, 09:10 AM

21st century basketball. Where an elbow to the head makes you the dirtiest player in history. :roll:

Derka
01-19-2013, 09:51 AM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Hon_Leung/GarnettDirty_zps48574c95.jpg

No worse than Nate Robinson throwing a kick to Jared Sullinger's nuts not too far removed from this.

Better suspend Nate if we're going after KG, too.

nycjeff45
01-19-2013, 10:02 AM
love to watch kg back in the days with minnesota, he seems like a bittered veteran these days...

La Frescobaldi
01-19-2013, 10:17 AM
well i even forgot about that. I was too busy thinking about when he elbow broke nash's nose

Teanett
01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
well i even forgot about that. I was too busy thinking about when he elbow broke nash's nose

karl malone's trail of destruction:

david robinson- concussion
isiah thomas- 40 stitches
steve nash- knocked out tooth
joe klein- broken nose, plastic surgery required
david ramer- career ending, multiple head injuries; depressed cheekbone, fractures above and below his right eye socket and a collapsed sinus

01-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Some of members on here may not remember KG's rookie year in the league. He was drafted June of 1995.

During the preseason and regular season of his rookie year, he was bullied by many veterans. Most notably Cedric Ceballos and Glenn Robinson of all people. :lol

KG was the first of the relatively recent trend of HS kids by passing college ball straight for the NBA. And back then veterans didn't take it well that an unproven kid like KG being drafted so high with little experience compared to the other draft candidates.

So they showed him up and hazed him probably more harshly than a rookie with some college experience.

I guess it traumatized to the point of KG the victim of the bully becomes a bully himself.

Kg has some vendetta with outsiders or people who are different from him (not saying he's racist). But in HS in his home state of SC, he was involved in some brawl and got in trouble because of it and had to move to Chicago before his senior year. He has trust issues with will alienate anyone not from his team or small circle of close ones.

That's my attempt as an armchair psychiatrist. lol.

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Cedric Ceballos?

That's so strange I actually laughed. I'd never guess.

bukowski81
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM

When was that?? The only time i remember Nash vs the Spurs with a broken nose is when he crashed heads with Parker.

Edit: Oh i guess you were talling about Malone, not Bowen

Artillery
01-19-2013, 06:30 PM
karl malone's trail of destruction:

david robinson- concussion
isiah thomas- 40 stitches
steve nash- knocked out tooth
joe klein- broken nose, plastic surgery required
david ramer- career ending, multiple head injuries; depressed cheekbone, fractures above and below his right eye socket and a collapsed sinus

Peter May, columnist for the Boston Globe, noted that "Shawn Bradley was called for a technical after getting kicked in the stomach on one of Malone's 'kick jumpers.' Bradley crumpled to the floor in pain. Said the Mailman, 'When a Volkswagen hits an 18-wheeler, what's the result going to be?'"
----------
After a game in which Malone sent Atlanta Hawk Sidney Moncrief sprawling,
according to Sports Illustrated, fellow Hawk, Dominique Wilkins stung the
Mailman with a rebuke, to this effect: "You're a cheap-shot artist. You're
not a man. You always go out there to hurt somebody smaller than you."
----------
Hakeem Olajuwon said, "You can go all the way back to college. He's always played that way." Olajuwon was playing for the University of Houston when Rice University center Dave Ramer had his career ended by an "inadvertent" Malone elbow. In that incident, which ended Ramer's career, Malone's coach had to force him to apologize to Ramer as he writhed on the floor in agony.
----------
(AP) -- On Tuesday night, Golden State forward Donyell Marshall suffered season-ending broken ribs when he set up to take a charge from Malone, changed his mind at the last second, turned and took Malone's knee in the ribs.
-----------
Malone's latest critic is Phoenix coach Danny Ainge, who waited until he was safely out of the Delta Center before speaking his mind. The day after Malone sent Suns center Joe Kleine to the hospital for 30 stitches, Ainge expressed indignation to the Arizona Republic over Malone's attitude.

"Karl showed zero remorse," Ainge said. "All he's done is bash Joe and Luc Longley. All he does is play dirty and show no remorse for the players he leaves injured on the floor."

"You never know which Karl Malone is doing the talking, anyway," he continued. "Is it the one who says he's never playing in Utah again? Or the one who is crying at a podium after renegotiating his contract for the fifth time? Or is it the one who refers to himself in the third person? You might as well call him Sibyl."

"If this was the first time Karl had done it, you could excuse it," he said. "But after David Robinson, Elliot Perry, Derek Smith, Joe, Luc, there's a pattern."

LONGTIME
01-19-2013, 06:44 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23450000/ngbbs4eb4067de694b.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1024923/bruce_bowen_kicks_wally_szczerbiak_in_the_face-584-1.gif

SCdac
01-19-2013, 07:05 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23450000/ngbbs4eb4067de694b.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1024923/bruce_bowen_kicks_wally_szczerbiak_in_the_face-584-1.gif

stuff like this actually happens more often than you'd think

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/adrumaddict/KentuckyWildcatplayergoesKungFunonanopposingplayer .jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/adrumaddict/KobeBryantkungfukickingMoWilliamsinthehead.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/adrumaddict/GrantHillkicksJJ2010.jpg

The bottom line is Bowen is the only player in history to start 500 consecutive games (you'd think he was in trouble often - he wasn't), and when closely inspected by any serious basketball fan you'd find he's pretty harmless. Pesky as a mother****er... but harmless.

Put Bowen in the 80s and 90s and the guy would blend right in and his defensive pressure would be a non-issue..... but, today's league is soft.

He's reckless at times, not what I'd call "dirty". That's not an excuse (reckless can be dangerous) but it's a big difference than being malicious and deliberately violent (Karl Malone). Bowen straddled the line between Legal D and Illegal D, something players have done for decades, and he did it well. But he wasn't flat out dirty.

Bowen is 1 of only 6 swingmen to make the All-defensive team 7+ times in a row

- Bowen
- Pippen
- Jones
- Havlicek
- Cooper
- Frazier

Very elite company, defense-wise.

niko
01-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Bowen is dirty, not reckless. He intentionally puts his feet under other people when they shoot jumpers so they are afraid to shoot when he comes near them. THat's not reckless, that's dirty. Want to know how you measure? Reckless you get mad, someone pushes you aside, you calm down. Dirty, punch in the head. If someone runs over when you are in the air and sticks their foot out so you land on it, you'd punch them.

The grabbing, clutching, occasionaly hard foul, tangle on the floor, that shit happens. But no one can explain away to me the fact he 'd slide under people. That was ridiculous.

Brujesino
01-19-2013, 07:14 PM
I noticed it too but its not the first time he did that to marco.

While Marco was a warrior he did this to him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc

You cant really tell if actually throws an elbow or just pushes him or atleast i cant tell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuW_puuOc8E

SCdac
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Bowen is dirty, not reckless. He intentionally puts his feet under other people when they shoot jumpers so they are afraid to shoot when he comes near them. THat's not reckless, that's dirty. Want to know how you measure? Reckless you get mad, someone pushes you aside, you calm down. Dirty, punch in the head. If someone runs over when you are in the air and sticks their foot out so you land on it, you'd punch them.

The grabbing, clutching, occasionaly hard foul, tangle on the floor, that shit happens. But no one can explain away to me the fact he 'd slide under people. That was ridiculous.

Eh, out of the 900+ games he played, there's a handful of incidences... that's an indictment to the overreaction of young internet fans who cry foul.

It's no coincidence that the players who complained about him were also getting shut down by him (Allen, Carter, etc). Couldn't take the heat.

Bowen was respected by GM's, DPOY voters, and many people within basketball. He was doing nothing that wasn't going on in Basketball for decades (Stockton used the same tactics). Having watched him play more than just 6 or 7 games, I can tell you he wasn't dirty. But he was relentless and at times reckless... that's the kind of player you want.

Magic bird
01-19-2013, 07:19 PM
stuff like this actually happens more often than you'd think

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/adrumaddict/KentuckyWildcatplayergoesKungFunonanopposingplayer .jpg

Rondo-House kick:applause:

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Eh, out of the 900+ games he played, there's a handful of incidences... that's an indictment to the overreaction of young internet fans who cry foul.

It's no coincidence that the players who complained about him were also getting shut down by him (Allen, Carter, etc). Couldn't take the heat.

Bowen was respected by GM's, DPOY voters, and many people within basketball. He was doing nothing that wasn't going on in Basketball for decades (Stockton used the same tactics). Having watched him play more than just 6 or 7 games, I can tell you he wasn't dirty. But he was relentless and at times reckless... that's the kind of player you want.

Being a San Antonio fan doesn't mean you know this better. You're only defending Bowen because he's a Spur. He was a super dirty player. Those kicks are not the kind of random things that happen. I've seen it happen randomly, in person on a playground...but not like that. That Wally clip was ridiculous. But it's only one of two. He was a dirty player in general. Stockton was dirty but he wasn't dirty to the extent Bowen was.

He wouldn't fit in in different eras. Being physical is not his problem. Amare use to go hog wild on the Spurs, and he complained. It's not just guys who get shut down. And putting up the shortlist of guys who make the All-Defensive Team 7 straight times...how is that anywhere near relevant? Are you trying to tell me that the GM's and coaches wouldn't pick him if he was that dirty? Because Malone made the All-NBA First Team 11 straight times and was 1st Team All-Defense 3 years in a row, while Bowen was in the league. I just don't get the point of that...it does nothing to show Bowen wasn't dirty. He was.

SCdac
01-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Being a San Antonio fan doesn't mean you know this better. You're only defending Bowen because he's a Spur. He was a super dirty player. Those kicks are not the kind of random things that happen. I've seen it happen randomly, in person on a playground...but not like that. That Wally clip was ridiculous. But it's only one of two. He was a dirty player in general. Stockton was dirty but he wasn't dirty to the extent Bowen was. Bowen was a dirty player.

Please man, you're just talking out of your ass. You don't know anything about me. Let's keep this discussion intelligent, instead of some "you're just a Spurs homer, therefor you're opinion is invalid" nonsense. I've watched Bowen hundreds upon hundreds of games, and that does me a credible witness. He was a tough, relentless, defender, but his dirty reputation by far exceeds him. How come there weren't more incidences if he played 900+ games? Simple answer... he wasn't that dirty... No where near the ballpark of the bad boy pistons or malone.

And no offense man, but it seems like this is your first time seeing the Wally clip? How long have you been watching the NBA and the Spurs if I may ask?

SCdac
01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
for the sake of the thread, here's a fun little article from 2001.

Dirty is a matter of interpretation, and in the NBA, dirty isn't necessarily a bad thing. It translates into getting away with whatever you can. Fans who voted in a usatoday.com survey were right to look no further than Utah to find two of the all-time best at getting away with not-so-clean play.

Between them, Karl Malone and John Stockton got 46.4 percent of the vote as the dirtiest player. Malone led the way with 31.9 percent, Portland's Rasheed Wallace was a close second with 29.4 percent and Stockton finished third with 14.5 percent of the vote.

Stockton is my pick. He knows the little tricks -- pulling a defender down as he falls after a shot, slyly jumping into defenders and getting the calls to go his way, slickly grabbing and holding when no referee can see it and just being a physical, tough, no-nonsense guy. I want him on my team, definitely.

Malone is so big and strong. Opponents have a tendency to get knocked out of the way when he wants to rid himself of them. He also protects his teammates. Remember when Isiah Thomas knocked Stockton silly on one play, and the next time they played Malone went upside Thomas's head to the tune of about 20 stitches? He can watch my back.

Wallace: He isn't dirty; he just has a dirty mouth.

Chicago's Charles Oakley (13.2 percent). He is the original enforcer. He sets a mean pick and will call out teammates, opponents and coaches. Remember, he once slapped Jeff McInnis of the Los Angeles Clippers as his team was going onto the floor for a shootaround. But McInnis has company. Oakley also smacked Tyrone Hill, with Philadelphia at the time, in the face before the start of a preseason game last year.

Milwaukee's Anthony Mason (6.3 percent). He gets into more trouble off the court than he does on it.

Philadelphia's Dikembe Mutombo (4.6 percent). He is too awkward and clumsy looking to be dirty. His elbows just flail, and he catches teammates as often as he does opponents.

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/2001-Poll-Jazz-Dirtiest-NBA.pdf

StateOfMind12
01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
KG is the greatest PF of all-time, so who cares?

Mach_3
01-19-2013, 08:47 PM

You should have seen Malone's elbow to Isiah if you wanna see dirty

01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
You should have seen Malone's elbow to Isiah if you wanna see dirty

I guess the level of dirty has to do with the amount of force applied and actual damage to qualify for dirtiest.

Just bc KG doesn't have Malone's power and hence can't do as much damage, it's the intention that counts just as much if not more.

Mach_3
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
I guess the level of dirty has to do with the amount of force applied and actual damage to qualify for dirtiest.

Just bc KG doesn't have Malone's power and hence can't do as much damage, it's the intention that counts just as much if not more.

Actually no one put a link up in this thread so i haven't even seen KGs elbow to tell how dirty it was and since no one did im assuming it wasn't anything serious

and lol at the guy who thinks Bruce Bowen was dirty :roll:

rmt
01-20-2013, 01:38 AM
All this hate for Bowen when every fan would want him on their team. Elite defense against the best perimeter players for 500 games (that's every regular and playoff game from 01 to 08) and led the league in 3pt percentage one year. He'd be the perfect role player for LAL now.

Whoah10115
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
All this hate for Bowen when every fan would want him on their team. Elite defense against the best perimeter players for 500 games (that's every regular and playoff game from 01 to 08) and led the league in 3pt percentage one year. He'd be the perfect role player for LAL now.

People are talking about dirty players. So if someone wants Bowen on his team he shouldn't mention him as a dirty player, even tho he's a player who is dirty?

Whoah10115
01-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Please man, you're just talking out of your ass. You don't know anything about me. Let's keep this discussion intelligent, instead of some "you're just a Spurs homer, therefor you're opinion is invalid" nonsense. I've watched Bowen hundreds upon hundreds of games, and that does me a credible witness. He was a tough, relentless, defender, but his dirty reputation by far exceeds him. How come there weren't more incidences if he played 900+ games? Simple answer... he wasn't that dirty... No where near the ballpark of the bad boy pistons or malone.

And no offense man, but it seems like this is your first time seeing the Wally clip? How long have you been watching the NBA and the Spurs if I may ask?

That Wally clip was just funny. Yes, it was ridiculous, but obviously no one was hurt so I just laugh every time I see it.

I've been watching basketball, regularly, since before I was a teenager. I've been keeping up with the daily stats in the newspaper since the 95/96 season. I've even seen drafts going back to 95/96, remember Duncan as a beast in Wake Forest, remember how Pitino thought Boston would get the #1 pick and take Duncan. David Robinson is one of my 10 favorite players ever.

Fine, I take it back. But I had nothing else I could say when you say that Bowen isn't dirty. I just don't understand the difference in our ideas of dirty.