01-19-2013, 01:53 AM
:bowdown: MVP MVP MVP

Deuce Bigalow
01-19-2013, 01:55 AM
NBA.com had Lebron #1 in the MVP race today :roll:

Pacers4ever
01-19-2013, 01:56 AM
NBA.com had Lebron #1 in the MVP race today :roll:
this game wasn't even better than lebron's game yesterday :biggums: Westbrook was more impressive.

Lebron made more shots with 39 points too and drove a hell lot more yet only shot 4 free throws in comparison to the durant the shooter with 21 WTF LOL!

brandonislegend
01-19-2013, 01:56 AM
52 points on 13 made field goals I don't understand how thats possible.

BuffaloBill
01-19-2013, 01:57 AM
He didn't have the greatest game. But he showed up at the very end and won the game which is all that matters.

But he hasn't won the MVP just yet. I'd say he's leading right now, but it's still a 3 way race with Durant, James, and Paul. Either could win it depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

The-Legend-24
01-19-2013, 01:59 AM
21-21 FT. :biggums:

This nigguh is too good..

TylerOO
01-19-2013, 02:00 AM
What was LeBron's TS% yesterday? I have no clue what that is or how it works

Dave3
Number 1 reason why TS% is misleading. Durant didn't even have his best game of the year. He was very clutch in overtime, but at the same time he was also 2-11 in the 4th and overall shot poorly.

Yes he is number 1 for MVP and he's arguably as good or better than LeBron, but this game wasn't the best example for that, and a headline of 52 on 65 TS% while true, misleads because it wasn't as good of a game as those numbers.

BrickingStar
Refs are whistle happy to this "humble" star.

THIS GAME PROVES TS% CAN BE COMPLETE BS

PyrrhusX
Durant hit the two shots that counted in the final minute of overtime. He won it for his team and his performance, while somewhat rusty, was MVP calibre.

Is he the second to hit 50 this year?

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 02:01 AM
this game wasn't even better than lebron's game yesterday :biggums: Westbrook was more impressive.

Lebron made more shots with 39 points too and drove a hell lot more yet only shot 4 free throws WTF LOL!

Refs believe LeBron shouldnt have to shoot free throws cause he can take the contact. But Durant, you cant even breathe on him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-19-2013, 02:01 AM

Lebron made more shots with 39 points too and drove a hell lot more yet only shot 4 free throws in comparison to the durant the shooter with 21 WTF LOL!

What did I tell you about Durant? The refs LOVE this kid.

He and Westbrook we're balling out of their mind, though, so props.

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Is he the second to hit 50 this year?
Nope, the first. :applause:

Who hit the first 50 piece last season? Was it Deron?

TylerOO
01-19-2013, 02:03 AM
What did I tell you about Durant? The refs LOVE this kid.

He and Westbrook we're balling out of their mind, though, so props.

When LeBron gets hit, it barely affects him. When some pokes Durant with their pinky its throws him off because he is so skinny. Which is why he goes to the line more. BS. LeBron probably gets hit more than him but it barely affects him so they don't call it.

TylerOO
01-19-2013, 02:03 AM

I think LeBron vs the Magic. That might have been two years ago. But I think it was early last year.

EDIT: Yup two years ago. My bad

Doranku
01-19-2013, 02:04 AM
21 FTs, 31 shots (on only 13 makes), and 1 assist.

Isn't that the definition of chucking? :roll:

BrickingStar
When LeBron gets hit, it barely affects him. When some pokes Durant with their pinky its throws him off because he is so skinny. Which is why he goes to the line more. BS. LeBron probably gets hit more than him but it barely affects him so they don't call it.
LeRock but yeah refs are in love with him and he ain't even that handsome

Hoopz2332
13-31 FG's :rolleyes: with 1 assist? Not impressed

Kingwillball
01-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Number 1 reason why TS% is misleading. Durant didn't even have his best game of the year. He was very clutch in overtime, but at the same time he was also 2-11 in the 4th and overall shot poorly.

Yes he is number 1 for MVP and he's arguably as good or better than LeBron, but this game wasn't the best example for that, and a headline of 52 on 65 TS% while true, misleads because it wasn't as good of a game as those numbers.

LOL.. U can Argue the MVP race but No arguing Who the best Player is unless your blind. :confusedshrug:

LikeABosh
Lebron 39 points while taking 5 less shots, 17 less fts, 8 more assists, far better defense and didn't play an overtime. It's easy to find the morons who don't know shit about basketball when all they look at is points scored :oldlol:

BuffaloBill
21-21 FT. :biggums:

This nigguh is too good..

I thought I was the only one impressed by that. He's a really good FT shooter. It's unfair.

tazb

:biggums: stop posting

Dave3
01-19-2013, 02:06 AM

It was also Durant, when he got 51 in February. Deron's 57 was in March. He had a previous 50 in Europe.

tmacattack33

It's actually very simple. A "true shot" is one shot (either a 2 pointer or a 3 pointer) or one trip to the foul line.

Now, what percentage of those did the player make (two points will count as one make) ?

Dave3
LOL.. U can Argue the MVP race but No arguing Who the best Player is unless your blind. :confusedshrug:

:biggums: stop posting
I'm not blind and I do think LeBron is better, but if it's not close or arguable in your world then I'm not the one being blind.

Kingwillball
01-19-2013, 02:07 AM
I find it Funny how some Laker Fans Now Back Durant in their Fight against Lebron being the Best since they Know the Kobe SHip has sailed with that argument. :rolleyes:

BrickingStar
01-19-2013, 02:07 AM
It was also Durant, when he got 51 in February. Deron's 57 was in March. He had a previous 50 in Europe.
Is europe building a statue?

tazb
01-19-2013, 02:08 AM

LeBron's TS% yesterday was 73%

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201301170LAL.html

Kingwillball
01-19-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm not blind and I do think LeBron is better, but if it's not close or arguable in your world then I'm not the one being blind.

Lebron is Better there is no Argument as far as I'm concerned. If Durant Meets and outplays Lebron in Finals and OKC wins than let the Arguments Begin.. Until than Lebron is the CLEAR CUT #1

Micku
01-19-2013, 02:09 AM

LeBron's TS against the Lakers was 72.9%. You can check it out here:

TS judges an extra point to 3 point shots and FTs. It's good to analysis how good/efficient someone is as a overall scorer, but it isn't good to find out how good he is while the defense is live. Durant didn't really have the best games, but his FTs and 3pt shot boast him up if his TS is really like that.

I'm amazed how often Durant gets on the line.

Dave3
01-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Is europe building a statue?
They retired the jersey after half a season yeah.

tazb
01-19-2013, 02:11 AM

The only thing Durant has over LBJ is shooting/scoring. That's it. It's even arguable that LBJ is a better scorer but that's another story. LBJ is better in rebounding, passing, play making, and most importantly what wins championships - defense.

All Net
01-19-2013, 02:11 AM
:banana: amazing stuff.

LikeABosh
01-19-2013, 02:13 AM
The only thing Durant has over LBJ is shooting/scoring. That's it. It's even arguable that LBJ is a better scorer and not a better shooter but that's another story. LBJ is better in rebounding, passing, play making, and most importantly what wins championships - defense.
I'm done with this argument. It's a lost cause with some of these fools. Apparently shooting>every other facet of the game

BuffaloBill
The only thing Durant has over LBJ is shooting/scoring. That's it. It's even arguable that LBJ is a better scorer but that's another story. LBJ is better in rebounding, passing, play making, and most importantly what wins championships - defense.

Championship*

Dave3
Lebron is Better there is no Argument as far as I'm concerned. If Durant Meets and outplays Lebron in Finals and OKC wins than let the Arguments Begin.. Until than Lebron is the CLEAR CUT #1
LeBron has yet to meet and outplay Kobe in the finals. There's nowhere that it says that's how you eclipse someone as a player. Durant is playing as well as you can this year. 29/8/4/2/1 on 52/41/91 is no joke.

tpols
01-19-2013, 02:14 AM
The new KD-Whistle!!:bowdown:

tmacattack33
FYI, last night Lebron had 39 points on a 72 TS%.

I also am confused as to how Durant had a 65 TS%. My calculations give me a 61 TS%. He had 52 points on 42.5 true shots.

I believe 2 FT's aren't counted as exactly one true shot though, so maybe that is where the discrepancy lies.

creepingdeath
Durant really turned it up in OT. Great, but not one of his best games, he missed shots he usually makes.

In any case, Lebron is visibly the better player, and more deserving of the MVP (which has nothing to do with who the better player is).

Dave3
01-19-2013, 02:15 AM

I also am confused as to how Durant had a 65 TS%. My calculations give me a 61 TS%. He had 52 points on 42.5 true shots.

I believe 2 FT's aren't counted as exactly one true shot though, so maybe that is where the discrepancy lies.
Yeah, 2 FT are counted as .86 shots, not 1.

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Lebron is Better there is no Argument as far as I'm concerned.
There really isn't right now. Durant is the better scorer, but LeBron is almost better at everything else. Coming from a Durant fan.

But KD is the MVP to me right now, atm.

tazb
01-19-2013, 02:16 AM
LeBron has yet to meet and outplay Kobe in the finals. There's nowhere that it says that's how you eclipse someone as a player. Durant is playing as well as you can this year. 29/8/4/2/1 on 52/41/91 is no joke.

Why not the other way around? Why hasn't Kobe met LeBron in the finals? :coleman:

Smoke117
01-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Not really an impressive 50 point game at all and like some others have said...Lebrons game last night was better.

LikeABosh
01-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Last time I'm posting about this.

Rebounding- Close but slight edge to Lebron

Passing- Lebron, not even close

Leadership- Lebron. He's like a linebacker out there. Listen to him when he's mic'ed up

On ball defense- Lebron

Off ball defense- Lebron

Versatility- Lebron, can play or defend at the 1-4.

BrickingStar
01-19-2013, 02:18 AM
There really isn't right now. Durant is the better scorer, but LeBron is almost better at everything else. Coming from a Durant fan.

But KD is the MVP to me right now, atm.
Although this game KD just had shouldn't be enough to topple the game lebron yesterday had which was much better I agree KD should be MVP right now but that doesn't make him the better player not even close.

TylerOO
01-19-2013, 02:18 AM
LeBron's TS against the Lakers was 72.9%. You can check it out here:

TS judges an extra point to 3 point shots and FTs. It's good to analysis how good/efficient someone is as a overall scorer, but it isn't good to find out how good he is while the defense is live. Durant didn't really have the best games, but his FTs and 3pt shot boast him up if his TS is really like that.

I'm amazed how often Durant gets on the line.

LeBron's TS% yesterday was 73%

Thanks guys. :cheers:

swag2011
01-19-2013, 02:20 AM
Why are these Lebron stans insecure? Everyone knows he's the best you don't have to keep whining about it geez. But as of right now, KD is the leader in the MVP race.

If Lebron was the best like you claim he is (which he is), then it's no reason for yall to keep whining and bragging when someone brings up KD or Kobe. Let's his performances and stats speak for itself, which they have

tmacattack33
01-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Why are these Lebron stans insecure? Everyone knows he's the best you don't have to keep whining about it geez. But as of right now, KD is the leader in the MVP race.

If Lebron was the best like you claim he is (which he is), then it's no reason for yall to keep whining and bragging when someone brings up KD or Kobe. Let's his performances and stats speak for itself, which they have

Not insecure, just pointing out what's really happening ...like mentioning that Lebron's TS% was at 73 % against the Lakers the other night...which the OP conveniently left out, or didn't seem to know (otherwise, he woulda known that Durant shooting at 65% and scoring a lot in one game doesn't mean he's the MVP over Lebron).

Also, we didn't bring him up. The first reply in this thread said "LOL at Lebron being number one in the MVP race".

KG215
01-19-2013, 02:26 AM
I can't think of any OKC fans that try and argue Durant as being better than LeBron. However, he does have arguably the best case for MVP right now. This game was so weird. Yes, anytime a player scores 50+ it's impressive. But I feel like Durant has had at least 10 better games this year. It was so frustrating watching him miss open jumpers and other shots he makes more often than not.

Hell, he's probably had two better games than this one in the last week alone. His game against the Lakers last Friday was just as impressive, if not more impressive, than LeBron's last night. He was brilliant against the Suns a few days ago, too. I guess I just have really mixed feelings about Durant's game tonight. People re going to look at how many FT's he shot and his 13/31 shooting line and use it as basis as to why he's not the MVP or something, when the fact of the matter is that he's had plenty of better games this year.

LikeABosh
01-19-2013, 02:27 AM

How is it insecure to see somebody call Durant better than Lebron, and to call him out on it? Isn't that the point of this forum?

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 02:29 AM
How is it insecure to see somebody call Durant better than Lebron, and to call him out on it? Isn't that the point of this forum?
I don't really want to look through the thread right now, but who said that Durant > LeBron? Just wondering.

LikeABosh
I can't think of any OKC fans that try and argue Durant as being better than LeBron. However, he does have arguably the best case for MVP right now. This game was so weird. Yes, anytime a player scores 50+ it's impressive. But I feel like Durant has had at least 10 better games this year. It was so frustrating watching him miss open jumpers and other shots he makes more often than not.

Hell, he's probably had two better games than this one in the last week alone. His game against the Lakers last Friday was just as impressive, if not more impressive, than LeBron's last night. He was brilliant against the Suns a few days ago, too. I guess I just have really mixed feelings about Durant's game tonight. People re going to look at how many FT's he shot and his 13/31 shooting line and use it as basis as to why he's not the MVP or something, when the fact of the matter is that he's had plenty of better games this year.
I will be shocked if Lebron wins MVP this season. If it went to just the best player Lebron would be winning his 5th consecutive MVP this season. This is Durants year for it. No doubt the voters will give it to him.

LikeABosh
I don't really want to look through the thread right now, but who said that Durant > LeBron? Just wondering.
Mostly Kobe fans. :oldlol:

BrickingStar
01-19-2013, 02:33 AM

A lot of the people in his thread calling him out for it aren't lebron stans idiot.

swag2011
01-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Mostly Kobe fans. :oldlol:

are you sure it's kobe fans or are you just assuming? And it's insecure because in every thread that praises Durant or Kobe or even CP3 i see nothing but Lebron groupies making sure to remind everyone that he's the best player in the league, like we don't know that already :rolleyes:

And while Lebron's game yesterday was better than Durant's today, Durant did great against the Lakers last week too.

LikeABosh
01-19-2013, 02:36 AM
are you sure it's kobe fans or are you just assuming? And it's insecure because in every thread that praises Durant or Kobe or even CP3 i see nothing but Lebron groupies making sure to remind everyone that he's the best player in the league, like we don't know that already :rolleyes:

And while Lebron's game yesterday was better than Durant's today, Durant did great against the Lakers last week too.
I saw at least 3 posts with kobe avatars.

KG215
01-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Not insecure, just pointing out what's really happening ...like mentioning that Lebron's TS% was at 73 % against the Lakers the other night...which the OP conveniently left out, or didn't seem to know (otherwise, he woulda known that Durant shooting at 65% and scoring a lot in one game doesn't mean he's the MVP over Lebron).

Also, we didn't bring him up. The first reply in this thread said "LOL at Lebron being number one in the MVP race".
And that's why this game feels so weird to me. Durant scored 42 points and had 8 rebounds and 5 assists against the Lakers on 74% TS%. He's had better games than this, but it's a 50 point game, so it's hard for me to judge how good he was tonight.

Deuce Bigalow
01-19-2013, 02:38 AM
I said Durant is the best player in the league. It's okay, you guys will catch up soon. :cheers:

tmacattack33
01-19-2013, 02:38 AM

...and many of those threads are made with the sole purpose of propping up another player so as to bring Lebron down.

Also, how are you going to talk about the MVP race without talking about Lebron?

28renyoy
01-19-2013, 03:40 AM
LOL at people talking about lebron dropping 39 on 73 TS% against a team durant had 40 against midway through the 3rd a week ago

Thunderstruck
01-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Lebron 39 points while taking 5 less shots, 17 less fts, 8 more assists, far better defense and didn't play an overtime. It's easy to find the morons who don't know shit about basketball when all they look at is points scored :oldlol:
It's the fact he got to the line 21 times and hit them all is what makes this a special performance, something Lebron isn't capable of. Durant has been the more efficient player this season and if he finishes 50/40/90, which he is on pace for, he will be MVP.

GucciBandana
01-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Refs believe LeBron shouldnt have to shoot free throws cause he can take the contact. But Durant, you cant even breathe on him.

this

Kiddlovesnets
01-19-2013, 05:07 AM
He actually had an off shooting night, 13-31 from the field.

pauk
01-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Over-Time, 50 minutes.... 21 FT attempts... its not like he was on fire or something, he shot 13 of 31 (its aight, but by his standards its not), its still very impressive but i think ive seen 1-2 overall better games from Durant this season.

dunksby
01-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Damn so much hate for the first 50+ of the season, LeBronytes at full force :applause:

All Net
01-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Over-Time, 50 minutes.... 21 FT attempts... its not like he was on fire or something, he shot 13 of 31 (its aight, but by his standards its not), its still very impressive but i think ive seen 1-2 overall better games from Durant this season.

KD has certainly had better games..he couldn't buy a shot in the 4th but a 50 point game is still a 50 point game. He took over when he needed to.

coin24
01-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Lebron > durant and it's not close. Do some of you retards even watch games?!?:confusedshrug: :facepalm

All Net
01-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Lebron > durant and it's not close. Do some of you retards even watch games?!?:confusedshrug: :facepalm

Lebron is better but to say it isn't close is foolish.

coin24
01-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Lebron is better but to say it isn't close is foolish.

Really?
I don't even like Lebron and I can see it.. Lebron is all around better. Durant can shoot, and get a ton of phantom whistles that's about it..

All Net
01-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Really?
I don't even like Lebron and I can see it.. Lebron is all around better. Durant can shoot, and get a ton of phantom whistles that's about it..

Yeah he's better but Durant is still averaging 29, 7 and 4 on 52% from the field and 41% from three and over 1 block a game. Durant can take over games like Lebron can...the gap isnt that huge at all.

Nash
01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
LOL at people talking about lebron dropping 39 on 73 TS% against a team durant had 40 against midway through the 3rd a week ago
Without Gasol and Howard, which makes Lakers one of the worst teams in the league and even worse than the team Kobe had pre 2008, but sure.

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah he's better but Durant is still averaging 29, 7 and 4 on 52% from the field and 41% from three and over 1 block a game. Durant can take over games like Lebron can...the gap isnt that huge at all.

lol the guys 6'11, rebounding is something he probably doesnt even have to put much effort into. 4asts with over 3turnovers a game. Lebron has to cover up so many of Miamis flaws that he exerts much more energy. What does KD gotta worry about? shooting the ball.

KG215
01-19-2013, 12:04 PM
That number is probably closer to 10 than 1. This whole thing really does show that we live in a "what have you done for me lately?" world. People are now taking Durant's 50 point game last night, where he needed OT and 21 FTA to get there, and comparing it to LeBron's 39 point game against the Lakers two nights ago. People are using those two games as some sort of vindication or so they can say "told you so."

Durant's 52 point game isn't nor should it be the standard in which all other Durant games this season are measured against. Like I said, he's already had more than a few mre impressive games this year, and I'm sure he'll have even more in the second half of the season.

All Net
01-19-2013, 12:05 PM
lol the guys 6'11, rebounding is something he probably doesnt even have to put much effort into. 4asts with over 3turnovers a game. Lebron has to cover up so many of Miamis flaws that he exerts much more energy. What does KD gotta worry about? shooting the ball.

Adding an extra inch or too to try and help your arguement uh? I don't see why height makes a difference when it doesn't for others. Lopez is 7'1 and can't rebound to save his life.

KG215
01-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Without Gasol and Howard, which makes Lakers one of the worst teams in the league and even worse than the team Kobe had pre 2008, but sure.
I know Howard being in the game gives them a rim protector, but neither of those players would've been guarding Durant. He had 36-9-4 against the Lakers (with Howard) back in December. His team has blown out the Lakers in both games. If his 42-8-5 game last Friday wasn't a 25 point laugher midway through the third quarter, and he was really having to focus and play full throttle in a close game, who knows what he finishes with. He was in a ridiculous zone that night.

DJ Leon Smith
01-19-2013, 01:49 PM
lol the guys 6'11, rebounding is something he probably doesnt even have to put much effort into.

Just like Chris Bosh right?

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Just like Chris Bosh right?
:lol