PDA

View Full Version : Greatest waste of talent in the League

anthonyRandolph
01-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Just sitting on the bench or wherever my personal favorite has to be Anthony Randolph... the guy came in the league averaging what 11 and 8?

wagexslave
01-19-2013, 06:41 AM
White Mamba

Could easily lead the league in PPG, APG, RPG, BPG, and SPG if this beast was un-chained from the bench more often.

Magic bird
01-19-2013, 06:45 AM
White Mamba

Could easily lead the league in PPG, APG, RPG, BPG, and SPG if this beast was un-chained from the bench more often.

White Mamba :bowdown:

andremiller07
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Jonathon Bender, Eddy Curry and Eddie Griffin from before
as far as right now in the L yeah Anthony Randolph and M Beasley

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Definitely Beasley.

ripthekik
01-19-2013, 01:24 PM
lebron james. Could have led his own team to a championship, but lacked the heart and courage, therefore had to hide himself behind a stacked superteam. what a shame.:(

BuffaloBill
01-19-2013, 01:35 PM
lebron james. Could have led his own team to a championship, but lacked the heart and courage, therefore had to hide himself behind a stacked superteam. what a shame.:(

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9fcf3fd30e110cc0e0c45491956f0197/tumblr_mgmyncnzbM1rea0w6o1_500.gif

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 01:35 PM

By superteam you mean Miami Cavaliers :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah, because Dwyane Wade=Mo Williams, Chris Bosh=Big Z, Ray Allen=Daniel Gibson. :oldlol: Is that how it goes?

BuffaloBill
01-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Yeah, because Dwyane Wade=Mo Williams, Chris Bosh=Big Z, Ray Allen=Daniel Gibson. :oldlol: Is that how it goes?

Don't mind him. He didn't watch basketball before 2010.

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 01:42 PM

Lets not act like all those guys have been consistent.

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Don't mind him. He didn't watch basketball before 2010.

So Miami should have the best record then even if they coasting. Wade cant shoot for shit. Bosh is a little girl most the times. Ray Allen? lol......Not hating just speaking the truth.

KembaWalker
01-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Just sitting on the bench or wherever my personal favorite has to be Anthony Randolph... the guy came in the league averaging what 11 and 8?

This ^ First name that popped into my as soon as I read the thread title, and before I saw the username hahaha

Lebron23
01-19-2013, 02:02 PM

This guy is the biggest idiot in this forum. A rookie Bryant demanded to be traded to the Lakers.

BUffalobill is a F*cking Kobetard. STFU ******.

KG215
01-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Speaking of Beasley...I remember people saying he's going to be another Durant. Granted, it was just a year after Durant got drafted, and no one knew Durant would be this good after his rookie season; but Beasley had a similar overwhelmingly dominant one-and-done college season. Of course he didn't have Durant's measureables or shooting ability; but I even thought he was going to be special. You still see flashes of that potential from time to time, but he's still wasted a lot of talent in my opinion.

no pun intended
01-19-2013, 02:13 PM
http://media.oregonlive.com/blazers_impact/photo/11704447-large.jpg

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Tweeners never really find success in the league, outside of maybe Smoove and Jamison. Which is exactly what Beasley is. I really don't know what position he'd be most suitable for. Too much of a knucklehead to have control of the ball at the 3, too small to be a 4. And why does NBA.com exaggerate the guys height? He's nowhere close to 6'10".

hawkfan
01-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Boris Diaw.
Best offensive skilled center in the league.
Should be an All-Star, but ate his way out of it.

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Boris Diaw.

He's a SF. What is the center thing you speak of? The fact that he's ever played C is the evidence of how he's eaten his way out of it. There's not center about him.

leopoldstotch
01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Boris Diaw.

the guy bloated and went out of shape when he went to Charlotte. Depressing.

no pun intended
01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Wait, how did we all miss this? The greatest waste of talent is easily...

http://bloguin.com/crossoverchronicles/images/RoyceWhiteRockets010313.jpg

EricGordon23
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Al farooq aminu
Demar derozan

KG215
01-19-2013, 03:17 PM
He's a SF. What is the center thing you speak of? The fact that he's ever played C is the evidence of how he's eaten his way out of it. There's not center about him.
I remember his slimmer days in Phoenix he was a SF/PF. He could play PF in D'Antoni's system and even handled some point-forward duties from time to time. About 100x more agile and roughly 100 pounds lighter (exaggeration but he's so much bigger now than he was then) and could do a little bit of everything.

imdaman99
01-19-2013, 04:08 PM
So Miami should have the best record then even if they coasting. Wade cant shoot for shit. Bosh is a little girl most the times. Ray Allen? lol......Not hating just speaking the truth.
so why does lebron james turn superstars into role players so he can consume all the stats? thats what i see :confusedshrug:

BuffaloBill
01-19-2013, 04:12 PM
This guy is the biggest idiot in this forum. A rookie Bryant demanded to be traded to the Lakers.

BUffalobill is a F*cking Kobetard. STFU ******.

I'm a Kobetard for giving credit to Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh?

You Lebron fans have serious issues :lol

BuffaloBill
01-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Anyone who says something good about Lebron's teammates is automatically a Kobetard now

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BuffaloBill
01-19-2013, 04:19 PM

Idk. I guess Lebron makes his teammates worse then :confusedshrug:

Jakeh008
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/JaValeMcGee/1211053700.jpg

Clifton
01-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Boris Diaw.
He would be fine if he could make a ****ing layup ever.

I've never seen a player miss more layups than Diaw.

Also, if he had a good jumpshot.

I am a huge fan of his game, though, if only it weren't so weak-willed when it comes to finishing. He's a top ten passer in the league. Not just vision, but hitting the right guy at the right time.

I actually would still try to trade for him and have him initiate my offense. As a true 7-8 assist per game point-forward.

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
I remember his slimmer days in Phoenix he was a SF/PF. He could play PF in D'Antoni's system and even handled some point-forward duties from time to time. About 100x more agile and roughly 100 pounds lighter (exaggeration but he's so much bigger now than he was then) and could do a little bit of everything.

Yea, he would when Marion was on the bench. I've not problem with him playing PF tho, especially in a system like D'Antoni's. He was fun to watch. Just a true and natural basketball player.

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Idk. I guess Lebron makes his teammates worse then :confusedshrug:

So Lebron is responsible for them bricking wide open shots and fumbling the ball. Aight kool.

kNIOKAS
01-19-2013, 06:00 PM
:wtf: Two of them RIP if I recall it correctly, and Eddy Curry was close to getting messed up and pretty much is

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 06:02 PM
so why does lebron james turn superstars into role players so he can consume all the stats? thats what i see :confusedshrug:

Have you seen the recent games when Lebron is on the bench and Wade/Bosh are out there? Well if you havent seen it, I could tell you what happens, not a whole lot.

Lebron23
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
:wtf: Two of them RIP if I recall it correctly, and Eddy Curry was close to getting messed up and pretty much is

Curry is having a good season in the CBA. I love to see some NBA teams give him another chance.

Cali Syndicate
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM

Next lamar Odom my ass. Don Nelson never gave him any burn though. Probably hurt his learning curve.

Whoah10115
01-19-2013, 06:21 PM
So Lebron is responsible for them bricking wide open shots and fumbling the ball. Aight kool.

You don't do a good job of actually reading and actually using your brain, do you?

lebeast666
01-19-2013, 06:41 PM
You don't do a good job of actually reading and actually using your brain, do you?

Talking to yourself.

poweredbyoats
01-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Javale Mcgee

Magic bird
01-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Wait, how did we all miss this? The greatest waste of talent is easily...

http://bloguin.com/crossoverchronicles/images/RoyceWhiteRockets010313.jpg

this.

Magic bird
01-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Al farooq aminu
Demar derozan

Can't say for Derozan yet, he's playing some inspired basketball this year and he's only 23 years old.

01-19-2013, 07:11 PM

He played center in 2005-2006 for the Stoudemire-less Suns. He was racking close to triple double on a nightly basis. Rebounding, scoring, and passing from the high post.

He even got a contract extension after winning MIP award.

wagexslave
01-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Definitely Beasley.
This thread is about talentED players, not talentLESS players.

Nash
01-19-2013, 09:07 PM
You're being a moron right now.

Sharmer
01-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Jonathon Bender got hurt, had legit excuses.

Noyze
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Tweeners never really find success in the league, outside of maybe Smoove and Jamison. Which is exactly what Beasley is. I really don't know what position he'd be most suitable for. Too much of a knucklehead to have control of the ball at the 3, too small to be a 4. And why does NBA.com exaggerate the guys height? He's nowhere close to 6'10".

This.

Look, tweeners have been overrated since day 1. They either fade away (Danny Manning, Al Harington) or come off the bench for a contender (Kukoc, Odom). If they lead your team then you're probably losing. They provide versatility and fire power but not stability over 48 mins. Beasley is right where I thought he'd be at this point in his career. Eventually he'll get on a good team and provide a spark off the bench and get in everyone's good graces again.

He'll prob get the 6th man of the year award like every other good player who doesn't have a true position. Look who's won it over the last 15 years:

Lamar Odom
Jason Terry
Leandro Barbosa
Ben Gordon
Antawn Jamison
Bobby Jackson
Corliss Williamson
Rodney Rogers
Danny Manning
Tony Kukoc

All Tweeners

no pun intended
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
This.

Look, tweeners have been overrated since day 1. They either fade away (Danny Manning, Al Harington) or come off the bench for a contender (Kukoc, Odom). If they lead your team then you're probably losing. They provide versatility and fire power but not stability over 48 mins. Beasley is right where I thought he'd be. Eventually he'll get on a good team and provide a spark off the bench and get in everyone's good graces again.

He'll prob get the 6th man of the year award like every other good player who doesn't have a true position. Look who's won it over the last 15 years:

Lamar Odom
Jason Terry
Leandro Barbosa
Ben Gordon
Antawn Jamison
Bobby Jackson
Corliss Williamson
Rodney Rogers
Danny Manning
Tony Kukoc

All Tweeners
Wow, this is quite intriguing.

ganja0710
01-19-2013, 10:06 PM
This thread is about talentED players, not talentLESS players.
He's talented, probably just not a hard worker. His confidence has prolly gotten shot down completely as well.

Bandito
01-20-2013, 01:21 AM
This.

Look, tweeners have been overrated since day 1. They either fade away (Danny Manning, Al Harington) or come off the bench for a contender (Kukoc, Odom). If they lead your team then you're probably losing. They provide versatility and fire power but not stability over 48 mins. Beasley is right where I thought he'd be at this point in his career. Eventually he'll get on a good team and provide a spark off the bench and get in everyone's good graces again.

Lamar Odom
Jason Terry
Leandro Barbosa
Ben Gordon
Antawn Jamison
Bobby Jackson
Corliss Williamson
Rodney Rogers
Danny Manning
Tony Kukoc

All TweenersI never noticed this before but you are right. Most of these players were consider stars at one point in their careers but shine the most when playing behind the true superstars.

eliteballer
01-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Javale Mcgee

Agreed...this guy has all the tools and a $50 million contract....wtf

eliteballer
01-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I'll also mention Monta Ellis...this is a guy who Rose said can jump higher than him and has a ton of physical tools but just can't seem to get to that next level.

talkingconch
01-20-2013, 01:42 AM
why isnt this guy banned yet

hawkfan
01-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Andrea Bargnani gets mention as well.

Worst rebounder ever for a regular rotation player in history.