PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph to Houston?

went_worth
01-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Just tweeted by Alex Kennedy.

"Source says that the Memphis Grizzlies may keep Rudy Gay, and instead trade Zach Randolph to the Houston Rockets. Houston loves Randolph."

bluechox2
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
would be a good deal for houston

asik and randolph are both beasts at rebounding and randolph gives them that 2nd go to option after harden and gives lin more options for making plays

Kiddlovesnets
01-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Just tweeted by Alex Kennedy.

"Source says that the Memphis Grizzlies may keep Rudy Gay, and instead trade Zach Randolph to the Houston Rockets. Houston loves Randolph."

Wow the Grizzlies owner really is tearing the team apart in a way that the Suns owner was doing. Well this is even worse, the Suns at least kept the team until offseason.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
They gotta trim that payroll, I think they are trying desperately to avoid that repeater tax.

Haymaker
01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
I'd rather trade Gay. Randolph is crucial if they want to contend for the title.

went_worth
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
That sounds great if Houston won't include their core in the trade.

Asik, ZBo, Parsons, Harden, and Lin. ZBo will give a legit 2nd or 1st option together with Harden.

Not sure how it looks financially, though.

brantonli
01-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Hmm, Randolph has 3 years at 16.5 million per year left on his contract. That actually makes good financial sense for the Rockets, because if they do trade for Randolph and keep Lin and Asik, then they have 3 big contracts coming off the books by 2015 while still having Harden for 2 more years. Definite downside of being old, but the Rockets literally have zero inside presence right now, even our PF Patrick Patterson shoots more threes than he posts up.

roffie
01-20-2013, 10:39 AM
yes pls. marc gasol stats will become godly for fantasy owners

QuebecBaller
01-20-2013, 10:40 AM
What would Houston give for him? Pat-Pat, Donatas and White? Not good for Memphis

I<3NBA
01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
why memphis? why?

Rudy Gay is more expendable than Zbo.

miles berg
01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Houston would give them relief.

Memphis doesn't want an equal player and sLaty returning.

All Net
01-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Salary dump?

Kiddlovesnets
01-20-2013, 10:57 AM
why memphis? why?

Rudy Gay is more expendable than Zbo.

Horrible team owner, hes so out of mind now that he wants to save money.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Horrible team owner, hes so out of mind now that he wants to save money.
He doesn't want to pay that repeater tax, I understand that view fully.

Small market with a top 10 payroll with no shot of a title? Bad mix.

eliteballer
01-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Poopsworld is not a reliable source.

QuebecBaller
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2012/11/23/1124_MASP_griz_sat13_t607.jpg

Come on Justin, help the majority owner to keep good players in Memphis

niko
01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Has to be something wrong with Zach that they'd move Zach and not Gay. Zach gets moved every few years like clockwork. It's not a coincidence.

It's A VC3!!!
01-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Its funny how after hollinger joins the grizzlies that there are so many leaks. hes the one probably leaking all of this to friends.

Kurosawa0
01-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Houston could be really good if they don't give up any of their core to get him.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Its funny how after hollinger joins the grizzlies that there are so many leaks. hes the one probably leaking all of this to friends.
Weren't these guys rumored to be moved last season as well? I know for a fact Rudy was.

Kurosawa0
01-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Weren't these guys rumored to be moved last season as well? I know for a fact Rudy was.

It makes sense to shop Zach if Rudy wasn't getting any bites. Gasol is the true keeper.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 12:26 PM
It makes sense to shop Zach if Rudy wasn't getting any bites. Gasol is the true keeper.
Definitely, he isn't getting any younger, and Rudy is overpaid.

I do see it happening this season though, they seem to be serious about avoiding that tax.

I know fans want to see a team stay together forever because they have a "shot", but lets be serious, the grizzlies are not going to the finals even in tact.

Kurosawa0
01-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Definitely, he isn't getting any younger, and Rudy is overpaid.

I do see it happening this season though, they seem to be serious about avoiding that tax.

I know fans want to see a team stay together forever because they have a "shot", but lets be serious, the grizzlies are not going to the finals even in tact.

They would need Rudy Gay to go on a Paul Pierce 2008 run and he's just not that kind of player.

TMT
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
I'd assume it would be a package of Parsons and bigger contracts to make the salaries match. The Rockets won't break their core to get an aging Z-Bo.

alenleomessi
01-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I'd assume it would be a package of Parsons and bigger contracts to make the salaries match. The Rockets won't break their core to get an aging Z-Bo.
parsons IS the core.. he is a legit SF

SCdac
01-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Has to be something wrong with Zach that they'd move Zach and not Gay. Zach gets moved every few years like clockwork. It's not a coincidence.

what's wrong is he's 31, undersized, and probably peaked out around 5-6 years ago. that and he seems dumb/low basketball IQ. hard to picture him being the best big man on a championship team... having said that, he'd give the rockets some needed post scoring and balance their offense. but I agree, there's no coincidence he's a bit of a journey man.

TMT
01-20-2013, 12:37 PM
parsons IS the core.. he is a legit SF

No doubt, but he's likely to be shipped out first aside from maybe Lin.
Am I right?

CeltsGarlic
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Give Motiejunas some playing time, Mchale, you mfer.

It's A VC3!!!
01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm not certain but I definitely can't recall hearing about the Grizzlies this much before Hollinger got the job. Hollinger probably doesn't know how to keep quiet since it's his first time doing this.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
yet they had no issues trading for Pau Gasol.

People forget that CP3 trade was a done deal.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm not certain but I definitely can't recall hearing about the Grizzlies this much before Hollinger got the job. Hollinger probably doesn't know how to keep quiet since it's his first time doing this.
The Grizzlies have been shopping Rudy ever since they signed him to that deal long before Hollinger.

TMT
01-20-2013, 12:44 PM
yet they had no issues trading for Pau Gasol.

People forget that CP3 trade was a done deal.

That was before they had Harden, Lin or Asik.

knickscity
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
That was before they had Harden, Lin or Asik.
What difference does it make? They wont be giving up those three anyway.

Z-Bo would help them tremendously, and lets be honest.

Stars aren't walking to Houston only trades get them there.

Nash
01-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Memphis wants to get rid of their quality players?

knickscity
01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Memphis wants to get rid of their quality players?
It's already in the thread.

Financial responsibility eclipses second round appearances.

They dont wanna pay that repeater tax.

Blue&Orange
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2012/11/23/1124_MASP_griz_sat13_t607.jpg

Come on Justin, help the majority owner to keep good players in Memphis
Is that Jessica Biel without makeup, or it's just her ugly sister?

UtahJazzFan88
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
As stupid as it is to get Z-Bo, his value is still good, but he's getting close or about the point where he's probably going to decline. That's the only reason why it would make sense to get rid of him.

gasolina
01-20-2013, 02:54 PM
what's wrong is he's 31, undersized, and probably peaked out around 5-6 years ago. that and he seems dumb/low basketball IQ. hard to picture him being the best big man on a championship team... having said that, he'd give the rockets some needed post scoring and balance their offense. but I agree, there's no coincidence he's a bit of a journey man.
Damn if you think Zach has low bball iq then Gay must be retarded level.

Last night's game with Chicago just tells what's wrongwith Rudy's game, and at the same time why he's important to us.

Whoah10115
01-20-2013, 03:03 PM
It'd be interesting to see Royce White play with this Memphis team. Obviously that isn't happening, but it would be interesting.

I don't see any of this. He's clearly better with the Grizzlies than he's ever been and it's not close. His IQ is clearly very high. I never heard anyone say that about him. I've heard people call his character into question, call him selfish, say he's not a good defender and doesn't try. I never heard anything about his basketball IQ. If he didn't have one, he wouldn't be able to play. He doesn't have a 20 inch vertical.

Randolph is a great player, a legit 20 and 12 guy who can shoot 50%, hit FT's, is a good passer and is great at working a 2 man game. You give him Asik, then I don't know. He'd have to forge a combination with Harden/Lin/Parsons. It'd be interesting.

NumberSix
01-20-2013, 03:10 PM
That would make Houston a SERIOUS contender in the West

SCdac
01-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Damn if you think Zach has low bball iq then Gay must be retarded level.

Last night's game with Chicago just tells what's wrongwith Rudy's game, and at the same time why he's important to us.

From an intangibles, mental, leader, decision making point of view I don't think Gay is all that. Great for fantasy basketball, fills the stat sheet, but not a player worth building a franchise around as the #1 guy, IMO.

Randolph had an amazing first round a couple years ago and beat up on my Spurs but in the next round shot .41% from the field against the Thunder that lost in the WCF.

In total he's got only 28 playoff games under his belt, and I don't think any team is really afraid of a Zach Randolph-lead front court. Randolph + Asik is no better than Randolph + Gasol.

He wouldn't make them a contender, but he would make them better, that's undeniable.

SevereUpInHere
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Grizzlies main advantage over most teams is their huge frontline, no idea why they would do this.

ZenMaster
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Grizzlies main advantage over most teams is their huge frontline, no idea why they would do this.

It's already in the thread, to save money, more specifically to avoid the repeater luxury tax if I'm not wrong.

andremiller07
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Surely if they are trading Z-Bo they can get a better deal elsewhere than the Rockets. Rockets will not give up Harden or Parsons and Grizz don't need Lin or Asik or any of there bench players.

Suckafree
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Would the Knicks trade amare to the rockets?

Mr Exlax
01-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Who would we have to give up?

UConnCeltics
01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Well it would have to be a 3 team trade if Houston doesn't want to give up its core. Maybe involve the Bobcats?

Houston gets: Randolph

Memphis gets: Diop, Aldrich, Patterson, Douglas, White

Charlotte gets: Montiejunas

Works out $ wise. Charlotte gets talent for Diop, and still saves roughly 5 million. Memphis gets about 12 million in expirers and a couple of young big men. And Houston gets Randolph. Houston gets the best player but once again gives up considerable assets, but they seem willing to do that to be a contender.

Mr Exlax
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Well it would have to be a 3 team trade if Houston doesn't want to give up its core. Maybe involve the Bobcats?

Houston gets: Randolph

Memphis gets: Diop, Aldrich, Patterson, Douglas, White

Charlotte gets: Montiejunas

Works out $ wise. Charlotte gets talent for Diop, and still saves roughly 5 million. Memphis gets about 12 million in expirers and a couple of young big men. And Houston gets Randolph. Houston gets the best player but once again gives up considerable assets, but they seem willing to do that to be a contender.

Ehhh I'm ok with that I guess. We're not winning a ring with these guys and we'd still have money to go get another good player in the offseason.