PDA

View Full Version : Has There Even Been a Player As Protected By The Refs As Durant?

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Shooting as many foul shoots as he does while just being a jumpshooter? Hmmmmm.....

Horde of Temujin
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
You're a Miami Heat fan, correct?

ThatsGame
01-21-2013, 01:13 PM

What if he was? The Heat don't get any more treatment then other teams. Look at the box scores and watch the games for proof. Not to mention, Wade and LeBron aren't jumpshooters.

DirkNowitzki41
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
What if he was? The Heat don't get any more treatment then other teams. Look at the box scores and watch the games for proof. Not to mention, Wade and LeBron aren't jumpshooters.
:applause:

Gotterdammerung
01-21-2013, 01:18 PM
KD is decidedly in Karl Malone territory.

That player had one of the most referee-protected games in league history. :rolleyes:

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:19 PM

Whats it matter if root for the Heat? Wade and LeBron actually will take it to the rack with authority. And LeBron hasn't been getting the calls all season. The refs are starting to give him the Shaq treatment because of how defenders bounce of him. Wade hasn't been getting the calls people b.itch about all the time for the last few seasons. Durant is a jumpshooter. He is amazing at that skill, but there is no way in hell he is earning those calls.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM

Good post. Beat me to it, Game. Wade and Bron are much physical players. Durant, not so much.

ThatsGame
01-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Oh btw, just to put things into perspective.

The Heat are 19th in the league for FTA, and 21st in FT.

OKC? 1st and 1st.

They are getting big-time ref help.

selrahc
01-21-2013, 01:23 PM
and lebron went like what, 8 games without getting a foul called on him :roll:

ThatsGame
01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
In order for the Heat to catch up to the Thunder who is currently at 41 games as opposed to 38 for the Heat, they would have to average 100 Free Throws for 3 games.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Impressive. That how good he is at defense :bowdown:

Heavincent
01-21-2013, 01:29 PM

:roll:

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:31 PM

Isn't Kobe a leader in foul attempts despite being a lesser version of KD? Neither of those two take it to the rack.

KG215
01-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Neither is Durant and especially Westbrook. Durant attacks the rim and gets into the paint a lot more this year than years past. Not saying he does it as often as LeBron or Wade, but he's not just taking 20 jumpers a game.

PJR
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
When I watch Durant, I dont see many dubious calls being made. He pretty much derserves every trip to the foul line.

KyrieTheFuture
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Haters blind on both sides. Such a shame that you idiots can't just enjoy basketball and have to find someone to despise for terrible reasons

asdf1990
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Haters blind on both sides. Such a shame that you idiots can't just enjoy basketball and have to find someone to despise for terrible reasons

whats so enjoyable about watching ft drills?

TMT
01-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Calm down, Heat fans. Once the playoffs come around Bron and D-whistle will get their foul calls like crazy as usual. Btw, you all make it sound like Durant never takes a step in the paint. The kid is much more than just a jumpshooter. Just because that's what he excels at doesn't mean that's all he's entitled to.

BuffaloBill
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
The duo of D-Whistle and LeFlop James

sipitri
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
2006 wade

BuffaloBill
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Calm down, Heat fans. Once the playoffs come around Bron and D-whistle will get their foul calls like crazy as usual. Btw, you all make it sound like Durant never takes a step in the paint. The kid is much more than just a jumpshooter. Just because that's what he excels at doesn't mean that's all he's entitled to.

I agree. People seem to think Durant only shoots jumpshots. It makes me wonder if they ever actually watch him play. :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM
2006 wade

Except he actually drove to the rim a ton. And even lit up Tayshaun Prince and the Pistons elite defense in the ECF. Blame Avery Johnson for overplaying Shaq with those stupid fouls. Dallas was weak on the perimeter when it came to defense and they couldn't stay in front of Wade. Its not Wade's fault Josh Howard is a dumbass or Avery couldn't make adjustments at all.

Blue&Orange
01-21-2013, 01:53 PM
lol it's hard to take the NBA seriously after watching a Heat game.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
"Ref help" :roll:

Coming from LeBron fans. Durants not even leading the league in FTA. Just nit picking because they're the best team record-wise. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
lol it's hard to take the NBA seriously after watching a Heat game.

Than turn off your mother's television and go outside for once, f.atass

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM
"Ref help" :roll:

Coming from LeBron fans. Durants not even leading the league in FTA. Just nit picking because they're the best team record-wise. :oldlol:

Didn't they have the best record and HCA last year in the Finals?

Wha....wha.....what happened? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KG215
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM
When I watch Durant, I dont see many dubious calls being made. He pretty much derserves every trip to the foul line.
That's the thing. Out of the 42 FT's the last two games, I can think of maybe 4-5 calls that were the type that would've made me get at least a little bit upset if I was a fan of the other team; and maybe 1-2 others that were no doubt about it superstar calls. Last night for instance, he shot two technical FT's and got intentionally fouled to prevent a fastbreak when OKC was in the bonus. That's 4 FT's right there. actor in the 6 or so he got from pretty obvious off-ball grabbing and holding, the other 6ish he got from pretty obvious shooting fouls on drives to the basket, and you're down to maybe a couple or three bad calls.

Like has been pointed out by others, Durant's slight frame and weak base leads to more obvious contact than what you see with most other players. He drives and gets bumped, it's a lot more noticeable. I understand why it would be frustrating for fans of the team playing OKC that night, though.

Horde of Temujin
01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Whats it matter if root for the Heat? Wade and LeBron actually will take it to the rack with authority. And LeBron hasn't been getting the calls all season. The refs are starting to give him the Shaq treatment because of how defenders bounce of him. Wade hasn't been getting the calls people b.itch about all the time for the last few seasons. Durant is a jumpshooter. He is amazing at that skill, but there is no way in hell he is earning those calls.

Can you honestly say that there was nothing wrong with games 1 and 2 of last year's ECF with a straight face? That is just one case.

I am a Knicks fan and I was disgusted after that bs call in Pippen on Hubert Davis in game 5 of the 2nd rd in 1994. I didnt not like winning in that manner.
Just because youre a fan of a particular team it does not obligate you to blindly support it. That is just some petty tribalistic bullshit.

KG215
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
These are the posters that you know just to ignore because it's obvious they never watch OKC games.

LakersForlife
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
wade 2007 champioship.lebron,cp3,blake

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Didn't they have the best record and HCA last year in the Finals?

Wha....wha.....what happened? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
We lost to a better team. No shame. Oh wait, did you take it personal when i said they have the best team record-wise? Why? Doesn't mean nothing, even i know that. Insecure little girl. :lol

Now go whine and make a thread about Harden and Howard getting 10 FTA/game. :oldlol:

alleykat
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM
well if it's a foul it's a foul....so if durant gets hit then he should get the foul....
if lbj doesn't get the foul because it doesn't look like he is phased by it then that might be another issue.

durant gets those numbers regardless of fouls, and so does lebron. So i really don't see a problem. i don't see anybody in the NBA complaining.

jimmy77x
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Can you honestly say that there was nothing wrong with games 1 and 2 of last year's ECF with a straight face? That is just one case.

I am a Knicks fan and I was disgusted after that bs call in Pippen on Hubert Davis in game 5 of the 2nd rd in 1994. I didnt not like winning in that manner.
Just because youre a fan of a particular team it does not obligate you to blindly support it. That is just some petty tribalistic bullshit.

The thing is he's not a heat fan, he's a lebron stan who will blindly support any team Lebron is on. If lebron up and said im going to Milwaukee when my contract expires he would instantly become the biggest bucks fan :lol

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
We lost to a better team. No shame. Oh wait, did you take it personal when i said they have the best team record-wise? Why? Doesn't mean nothing, even i know that. Insecure little girl. :lol

Now go whine and make a thread about Harden and Howard getting 10 FTA/game. :oldlol:

If post upset you so much, maybe you should ignore them, princess. :oldlol:

O thats right, you would have nothing to post about if I wasn't here :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
wade gets more phantom calls than anyone especially for and-1's.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
If post upset you so much, maybe you should ignore them, princess. :oldlol:

O thats right, you would have nothing to post about if I wasn't here :oldlol:
Nothing to say, LeBron stan. You've officially run out of material. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
The thing is he's not a heat fan, he's a lebron stan who will blindly support any team Lebron is on. If lebron up and said im going to Milwaukee when my contract expires he would instantly become the biggest bucks fan :lol
:oldlol:

ThatsGame
01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
wade gets more phantom calls than anyone especially for and-1's.

Wade gets 6.1 a game, Durant gets 9.4.

Wade's game is totally focused on athleticism and drawing fouls. Durant is a jumpshooter.

Riddle me that.

raiderfan19
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
The answer is no.

On a side note, Ibaka shoves the shit out of people all the time on rebounds

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Nothing to say, LeBron stan. You've officially run out of material. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Once again, you can't help yourself when it comes to responding. I got you on a leash like dog :oldlol:

chazzy
01-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I actually think the other Kevin on the Thunder gets more frustrating calls and he's not even a star. Good scorer but just annoying to watch.

What's also annoying are all these ESPN board guys polluting this place

KG215
01-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Wade gets 6.1 a game, Durant gets 9.4.

Wade's game is totally focused on athleticism and drawing fouls. Durant is a jumpshooter.

Riddle me that.
Maybe you should actually start watching some more OKC games.

alleykat
01-21-2013, 02:21 PM
i don't get why it's so hard to understand?

lbj/wade are slashers and are in the paint. durant is not...so when he does go in and gets hit (which he does) he gets the foul.

the refs have to make a judgement call, that's why it is called AWARDING a foul. if the refs were to call everything the same and fair, then that means lbj would get 100 fouls a game, and it would be a terrible game.

KG215
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
The answer is no.

On a side note, Ibaka shoves the shit out of people all the time on rebounds

Still bitter about last year's playoff series I see. I guess the 2011 WCF has been erased from your memory. Dirk lived on the FT line that entire series.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Once again, you can't help yourself when it comes to responding. I got you on a leash like dog :oldlol:
Keep thinking that. :lol Ever hear of "trolling a troll"?

raiderfan19
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Still bitter about last year's playoff series I see. I guess the 2011 WCF has been erased from your memory. Dirk lived on the FT line that entire series.
You realize that collison fouls dirk literally every possession he guards him right? Every single one.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Keep thinking that. :lol Ever hear of "trolling a troll"?

Hey look, Fudge is still following like a b.itch :oldlol: If I give you a treat will you go back in your dog house? :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey look, Fudge is still following like a b.itch :oldlol: If I give you a treat will you go back in your dog house? :oldlol:
I'm getting you so furious, aren't I? :oldlol:

red1
01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I actually think the other Kevin on the Thunder gets more frustrating calls and he's not even a star. Good scorer but just annoying to watch.

What's also annoying are all these ESPN board guys polluting this place
everything about kevin martin pisses me off

KG215
01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
You realize that collison fouls dirk literally every possession he guards him right? Every single one.
You do realize Durant has started to get hacked, grabbed, slapped, mugged, and mauled off the ball trying to get open, now, to the same extent Dirk used to get murdered just trying to get open.

You do realize I take nothing you say about the officials seriously, right? You blamed every loss in last year's series on the refs, and said every game was fixed. You're the last person that anyone should take seriously when complaining about officials, because you think every game your team loses is the refs fault. Every single one.

tazb
01-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Durant is a ****ing toothpick that's why when he draws contact the refs can see easily when his skinny ass gets fouled...LBJ is a machine-robot when he draws contact he barely moves so the refs just ignore it.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm getting you so furious, aren't I? :oldlol:

This is a message board. Anyone that gets upset over anything here, needs to turn the damn computer off. Im flattered you take so much concern in how I feel though :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
This is a message board. Anyone that gets upset over anything here, needs to turn the damn computer off. Im flattered you take so much concern in how I feel though :oldlol:
And im also flattered at how i'm the only one you feed your attention too in this thread. You're weak, just like every other LeBron stan. :oldlol: Now stop responding and respond to the other posters waiting for your reply. :oldlol:

raiderfan19
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
You do realize Durant has started to get hacked, grabbed, slapped, mugged, and mauled off the ball trying to get open, now, to the same extent Dirk used to get murdered just trying to get open.

You do realize I take nothing you say about the officials seriously, right? You blamed every loss in last year's series on the refs, and said every game was fixed. You're the last person that anyone should take seriously when complaining about officials, because you think every game your team loses is the refs fault. Every single one.
Iv blamed games on officials but iv never said a game was fixed. I don't think refs fix games, I just think they suck

tazb
01-21-2013, 02:45 PM
And im also flattered at how i'm the only one you feed your attention too in this thread. You're weak, just like every other LeBron stan. :oldlol: Now stop responding and respond to the other posters waiting for your reply. :oldlol:

You're not even from Oklahoma. shut the **** up you bandwagon piece of shit.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
To me, it's not that Durant is getting super preferential treatment (They Are mostly legit fouls from what i've seen), it's more that LBJ is getting no respect AT ALL. Anybody who thinks he is protected by the refs is kidding themselves. i've never seen so many missed calls on one perimeter player. still shooting 55% :bowdown:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Did you get that from my location? Props, I thought I made it pretty clear.

Heres another one who was furious with Durants free throw attempts, whining and crying all game long. :oldlol:

gengiskhan
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Shooting as many foul shoots as he does while just being a jumpshooter? Hmmmmm.....

Yes.

Kobe Bryant :coleman:

RoundMoundOfReb
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
I think OKC will struggle more when playoffs come around because refs try to keep FTA relatively close between teams and that is a huge part of their game.

KG215
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I think OKC will struggle more when playoffs come around because refs try to keep FTA relatively close between teams and that is a huge part of their game.
That must be why they've only been able to make the WCF and NBA Finals the last two years. They're still shooting 84% from the FT line as a team, so if FT's are relatively close, they're still probably going to make more FT's than their opponent.

SilkkTheShocker

Are you going to make me, tough guy? :oldlol: I made my points on the first page. Anyone that had a question, I will do my best to answer. And like the poster said above, you shouldn't be calling anyone a stan. You're a OKC fan living in friggin Canada. Too much of a p.ussy to root for the Raptors :oldlol:

PJR

There was nothing in those games that signaled poor officiating. But you can continue to reach if you'd like.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 02:54 PM

They are going to be in the Finals again, but they won't win it all. Durant can't even guard Chalmers in crunch time.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Yes.

Kobe Bryant :coleman:

He is up there for sure. No idea how he shoots as many as he does by just taking fadeaways. Maybe the refs want to get the Lakers over .500 :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
01-21-2013, 02:57 PM
That must be why they've only been able to make the WCF and NBA Finals the last two years. They're still shooting 84% from the FT line as a team, so if FT's are relatively close, they're still probably going to make more FT's than their opponent.
I still think they'll mAke it out of the west but i don't think they'll be as dominAnt as they are in reg seAson.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Are you going to make me, tough guy? :oldlol:
That's seriously your comeback? What are you, 12?

But continue to do so, I will as well. I'll keep derailing your shitty thread. :oldlol:

I made my points on the first page. Anyone that had a question, I will do my best to answer.
You've answered like one. Don't get ahead of yourself guy.

And like the poster said above, you shouldn't be calling anyone a stan.
Except what you're trying to call me isn't a stan. Try again. I don't look up to Westbrook or Durant, I dont admire one player on the team. I actually give a shit about every player on the team outside of their star players. You cant say the same for yourself.

You're a OKC fan living in friggin Canada. Too much of a p.ussy to root for the Raptors :oldlol:
And you probably dont live in Miami, right? What i thought. :roll:

And too bad i live pretty much on the opposite side of Toronto. You've got nothing on me. Keep going. :oldlol:

TMT
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
They are going to be in the Finals again, but they won't win it all. Durant can't even guard Chalmers in crunch time.

Turning the argument around though, who can stop Durant from putting up 30 a game? No one on Miami could in last year's Finals. He just needs better role player performances, and some of the iffy calls (like the no foul at the end of Game 2 on Lebron) to go their way and a series like that can change dramatically. I would expect a rematch this season to be much different, as long as the refs know their place and don't take control of the series.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Turning the argument around though, who can stop Durant from putting up 30 a game? No one on Miami could in last year's Finals. He just needs better role player performances, and some of the iffy calls (like the no foul at the end of Game 2 on Lebron) to go their way and a series like that can change dramatically. I would expect a rematch this season to be much different, as long as the refs know their place and don't take control of the series.

No one can stop Durant on offense. I will be the first to admit that. But I don't think they matchup well at all with Miami.

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Are you going to make me, tough guy? :oldlol: I made my points on the first page. Anyone that had a question, I will do my best to answer. And like the poster said above, you shouldn't be calling anyone a stan. You're a OKC fan living in friggin Canada. Too much of a p.ussy to root for the Raptors :oldlol:

isn't he a mcgrady and kobe fan too? :oldlol: at this bandwagon piece of s.hit

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:07 PM
That's seriously your comeback? What are you, 12?

But continue to do so, I will as well. I'll keep derailing your shitty thread. :oldlol:

You've answered like one. Don't get ahead of yourself guy.

Except what you're trying to call me isn't a stan. Try again. I don't look up to Westbrook or Durant, I dont admire one player on the team. I actually give a shit about every player on the team outside of their star players. You cant say the same for yourself.

And you probably dont live in Miami, right? What i thought. :roll:

And too bad i live pretty much on the opposite side of Toronto. You've got nothing on me. Keep going. :oldlol:

Derail the thread? The more posts, the better. You can start talking about your favorite Pop Tart flavor for all I care. Like I said, its a message board. Do you know how many threads are derailed on here by Kobe/LeBron debates? Its not anything new. :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:08 PM

Mr. Jabbar
Lebron easily.

When they face each other, you would think Durant f**ked Sterns wife...

ganja0710
I like McGrady, but not a fan of Kobe. Where in the hell would you get that from?

TMT
01-21-2013, 03:10 PM
No one can stop Durant on offense. I will be the first to admit that. But I don't think they matchup well at all with Miami.

Granted they aren't a great matchup against Miami, I think a year of experience will show them how to play them better. With the small lineup that Miami will probably go back to in the playoffs (Bosh at C, Lebron at the 4), OKC will realize they have to eliminate Perkins and go with Ibaka/Collison at the 5 for a majority of the time. I also think they could use an additional piece to help K-Mart off the bench. But if OKC can get their role players going without having to expend Westbrook and Durant so much then it will be more neck and neck than people think.

ganja0710
And this fool tries to call me a bandwagoner for living in Canada but being a fan of OKC, when he's not even from Miami. Bandwagoner and stan written all over you. :oldlol:

LongLiveTheKing
wade 2007 champioship.lebron,cp3,blake
:facepalm

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Derail the thread? The more posts, the better. You can start talking about your favorite Pop Tart flavor for all I care. Like I said, its a message board. Do you know how many threads are derailed on here by Kobe/LeBron debates? Its not anything new. :roll:
You responded to 1/5th of my post. Keep ducking. :oldlol:

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I like McGrady, but not a fan of Kobe. Where in the hell would you get that from?

you sucked his nutz all the time on your "fudge" account. quit being such a pansy and stick wit one team kid. :oldlol:

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
And this fool tries to call me a bandwagoner for living in Canada but being a fan of OKC, when he's not even from Miami. Bandwagoner and stan written all over you. :oldlol:

he's got a point silk. Lol you gonna address this?

ganja0710
It'll take like 2 more Finals series' until Brooks realizes Perk isn't the right fit against the Heat, which will most likely be our downfall. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Legends66NBA7

You live in Vancouver, right ?

Were you Grizzlies fan back in the day ?

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:15 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
you sucked his nutz all the time on your "fudge" account. quit being such a pansy and stick wit one team kid. :oldlol:
Kobe? Thats new. Show me this. :oldlol:

Who are you even? You're like a rat on the forum, lurks around, and chimes in when he gets to.

Michael_Wilbon
01-21-2013, 03:16 PM

U mad :banana:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
You live in Vancouver, right ?

Were you Grizzlies fan back in the day ?
Nope, i'm from Alberta. Never was a Grizz fan. I followed Houston a few years back mainly because of McGrady though.

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Kobe? Thats new. Show me this. :oldlol:

Who are you even? You're like a rat on the forum, lurks around, and chimes in when he gets to.

quality posts >>> quantity, kid. you're like a ph*ggot switching teams and players.

like? wait, you ARE. :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Keep ducking. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Nope, i'm from Alberta. Never was a Grizz fan. I followed Houston a few years back mainly because of McGrady though.

Cool.

I think could bring NBA basketball at Edmonton or Calgary.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
quality posts >>> quantity, kid. you're like a ******* who switches teams and players.

like? wait, you ARE. :oldlol:
Except you have neither. Nobody knows who you are on this forum. Talking about quality. :oldlol:

Who have I switched to? I liked McGrady and became a fan of Durant/OKC? Still waiting on that Kobe part though. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
he's got a point silk. Lol you gonna address this?

LeBron fan, definitely. But I don't throw Wade or Bosh under the bus to make LBJ look good. But im not sure why he is calling people "stans" when the guy was nothing but a Tmac nut-rider until the Thunder got good. Its hilarious hearing an "OKC fan" calling a Heat fan a bandwagoner when most of their fans to begin with are only there because of KD. Real OKC fans can't even read nor afford cable :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
LeBron fan, definitely. But I don't throw Wade or Bosh under the bus to make LBJ look good. But im not sure why he is calling people "stans" when the guy was nothing but a Tmac nut-rider until the Thunder got good. Its hilarious hearing an "OKC fan" calling a Heat fan a bandwagoner when most of their fans to begin with are only there because of KD. Real OKC fans can't even read nor afford cable :oldlol:
:roll: :roll:

Not from Miami. Just what I thought.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
U mad :banana:

:coleman:

Legends66NBA7
01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Except you have neither. Nobody knows who you are on this forum. Talking about quality. :oldlol:

Who have I switched to? I liked McGrady and became a fan of Durant/OKC? Still waiting on that Kobe part though. :oldlol:

He's a Shaq fan.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM

Never said I was. Are you from OKC? No, you live in Canada bro. You jumped on the Thunder bandwagon as soon as they got good :oldlol:

TMT
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Its hilarious hearing an "OKC fan" calling a Heat fan a bandwagoner when most of their fans to begin with are only there because of KD.

The exact same thing can be said of Heat fans with Lebron... :confusedshrug:

This is a dumb debate because Miami and OKC are two of the top new bandwaggons in the last couple of years. But Miami no doubt is the bigger one.

tazb
01-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Fudge I'm curious...what made you decide to bandwagon OKC? Best team in the league? Durant?

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:25 PM

uhm, i'm kind of a BIG deal. recognize greatness when its in front of you, peon.

meanwhile, you're still a shitty fan who hops from one player and team to the next...BUT only when the going gets tough. fickle ph*ggot. :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Cool.

I think could bring NBA basketball at Edmonton or Calgary.
I'm from Lethbridge, so a Calgary team would be pretty cool. I probably wouldn't even mind a Vancouver team, it wouldnt be too long of a drive to get to a game.

And to Silkk, i actually like Toronto, i post in their game threads from time to time because all of their games get televised here. Guess i'm a bandwagoner of theirs as well?

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:26 PM

at least he lives in the country. lmfaooo

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
The exact same thing can be said of Heat fans with Lebron... :confusedshrug:

This is a dumb debate because Miami and OKC are two of the top new bandwaggons in the last couple of years. But Miami no doubt is the bigger one.

I never said otherwise. Just pointing out that ganga aka. Fudge is a big time hypocrite. He was a Tmac nut-rider that jumped on the OKC bandwagon as soon as they good. I agree with your post though.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Fudge I'm curious...what made you decide to bandwagon OKC? Best team in the league? Durant?

He got tired of cheering for a loser like Tmac, so he jumped on the OKC bandwagon as soon as they took off. Call me a bandwagon fan all you want. Just don't be a hypocrite when doing so. Like when an OKC from Canada is calling you a bandwagoner :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Never said I was. Are you from OKC? No, you live in Canada bro. You jumped on the Thunder bandwagon as soon as they got good :oldlol:
But you used pretty much that against me earlier? If i'm a bandwagoner for living outside of OKC, then you are too. You have no argument.

Nope, i started following them when McGrady went down with injuries and right before their 1st rd series against Denver in 2011. They weren't neccessarily "good" then, they were on the come up, or darkhorses.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
uhm, i'm kind of a BIG deal. recognize greatness when its in front of you, peon.

meanwhile, you're still a shitty fan who hops from one player and team to the next...BUT only when the going gets tough. fickle ph*ggot. :oldlol:

Peon?

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm from Lethbridge, so a Calgary team would be pretty cool. I probably wouldn't even mind a Vancouver team, it wouldnt be too long of a drive to get to a game.

And to Silkk, i actually like Toronto, i post in their game threads from time to time because all of their games get televised here. Guess i'm a bandwagoner of theirs as well?

You can bandwagon all you want. Do you think half of these Laker fans actually live in LA? :oldlol:

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
When McGrady went down, I pretty much lost interest in following Houston. Started following OKC before the '11 playoffs and just went with it. Durant then became my favorite player over time.

mehyaM24
01-21-2013, 03:33 PM

Peon?

:confusedshrug:

what are you still doing here? i want cheese on my sandwich...bread toasted.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
But you used pretty much that against me earlier? If i'm a bandwagoner for living outside of OKC, then you are too. You have no argument.

Nope, i started following them when McGrady went down with injuries and right before their 1st rd series against Denver in 2011. They weren't neccessarily "good" then, they were on the come up, or darkhorses.

What don't you get about me not giving a s.hit who you root for? My point is don't be a hypocrite by calling other people bandwagoners.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
You can bandwagon all you want. Do you think half of these Laker fans actually live in LA? :oldlol:
Probably not.

I didn't call you a bandwagoner though, i called you a stan, which means something completely different. Bandwagoner is such an overused term. In actuality, it would mean that everybody that lives outside of the U.S. (europeans, asians, etc) thats a fan of a certain NBA team, is a "bandwagoner".

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
:confusedshrug:

what are you still doing here? i want cheese on my sandwich...bread toasted.
Responding to you. You're about quality posts right? I'm still waiting for that. :oldlol:

KG215
I still think they'll mAke it out of the west but i don't think they'll be as dominAnt as they are in reg seAson.
Hardly any great regular season team is as dominant in the postseason as they were in the regular season.

mehyaM24
Responding to you.

well, that's because you are my b.itch. :oldlol:

TheMan
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Another horrible thread by the OP...just another day at ISH:facepalm

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
........................?:wtf: Is this real life? :biggums: Am I reading this correctly? :roll: So basically you just pick and choose what team to follow. :roll:
Yup, they weren't elite then. I didn't jump ship when they went to the Finals. They were darkhorses and were on the come up. You're gonna use this against me now that they're one of the best teams in the league? Go for it. :oldlol:

KG215
01-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Durant is a jumpshooter. He is amazing at that skill, but there is no way in hell he is earning those calls.
Are you actually watching OKC games, or are you just looking at the boxscores?

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Probably not.

I didn't call you a bandwagoner though, i called you a stan, which means something completely different. Bandwagoner is such an overused term. In actuality, it would mean that everybody that lives outside of the U.S. (europeans, asians, etc) thats a fan of a certain NBA team, is a "bandwagoner".

Im a Lebron fan, obviously. But im not here tearing Wade or Bosh down. Im on record as saying I don't mind anyone on the Heat winning Finals MVP. Just win. Thats all I care about. So if that makes me a stan, so be it. But I could give a s.hit if Mike Miller or James Jones led the team in playoff scoring.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Im a Lebron fan, obviously. But im not here tearing Wade or Bosh down. Im on record as saying I don't mind anyone on the Heat winning Finals MVP. Just win. Thats all I care about. So if that makes me a stan, so be it. But I could give a s.hit if Mike Miller or James Jones led the team in playoff scoring.
I was just talking in a general sense. Just really what i've seen from Heat fans when their team isnt doing so well. Posters that blame Wade for slowing down, and try to use him as trade bait to get a more quality player to help LeBron. If you aren't one of those posters, then my mistake.

Legends66NBA7
01-21-2013, 03:44 PM
The majority of sports fans are bandwagon fans.

In Fudge's case, he's like Durant more now, not just because of his game or that it is somewhat similar to McGrady, but because he's more relevant.

Sports fans like things that are relevant. And they can choose to like whatever they want because it's their choice too. I'm sure the city Houston isn't coming down Fudge's door because he ain't cheering for them anymore.

And yes, Canadian fans not living in Toronto don't have to support the Raptors. Infact, I've talked to this about people in person and on other websites, that some Canadian would rather follow teams like the Heat or Lakers or Thunder or Celtics and so on... because the Raptors organization hasn't done anything to make them relevant or contending wise to make anybody want to watch the product on the floor to give a shit.

SilkkTheShocker
01-21-2013, 03:47 PM
I was just talking in a general sense. Just really what i've seen from Heat fans when their team isnt doing so well. Posters that blame Wade for slowing down, and try to use him as trade bait to get a more quality player to help LeBron. If you aren't one of those posters, then my mistake.

All good. I judge LeBron when he f.ucks up. Especially when pauk makes excuses for him in the 2011 Finals. And as for Wade, I think he is just coasting until the playoffs. Not sure if he will ever be 2011 Wade again, but his regression has been exaggerated. He just can't afford to play all out at his age.

ganja0710
01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
The majority of sports fans are bandwagon fans.

In Fudge's case, he's like Durant more now, not just because of his game or that it is somewhat similar to McGrady, but because he's more relevant.
This was surprisingly part of it as well. I've heard a lot of comparisons before i was even a Durant fan. Just a part of their game that makes it look easy, appeals to me.

Sports fans like things that are relevant. And they can choose to like whatever they want because it's their choice too. I'm sure the city Houston isn't coming down Fudge's door because he ain't cheering for them anymore.
I hope they dont mind haha. I know LKizzle and a few others remembers me being a Rocket fan. Hell, I was even a Rocket forum moderator at one point. Just really lost interest when McGrady left. Guess I was every bit of a stan then. :oldlol:

And yes, Canadian fans not living in Toronto don't have to support the Raptors. Infact, I've talked to this about people in person and on other websites, that some Canadian would rather follow teams like the Heat or Lakers or Thunder or Celtics and so on... because the Raptors organization hasn't done anything to make them relevant or contending wise to make anybody want to watch the product on the floor to give a shit.
I've been watching them a lot now lately. All of their games are televised but i'd usually brush them off because well...they're the Raps. They're winning some games that they normally wouldn't, which is good. They gotta do something about Bargs though.

RRR3
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000309581/polls_can_t_we_all_just_get_along_1609_43611_poll_ xlarge.jpeg

Connor B
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM

You're kidding, right?