PDA

View Full Version : Dwight: 5 shots a game. Why?

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:09 AM
I need honest answers if possible.

First off, I didn't watch the last couple of Laker games, so I really don't know the answer. All I did was taking a look at the box score. I saw Kobe having had really bad games, too many shots, awful shooting. That's fine, in the sense that I can understand it. It's happened in the past plus he is 34.

What I don't get however, is that with Steve Nash on the team, Dwight Howard took 5 shots in 30 minutes. Meanwhile, another big, Gasol has taken 14 shots in 25 minutes. Dwight also took 8 FTs which translates to 4 more attempts and Gasol 4 FTs for 2 mre attempts. Still, Dwight 9 FGA in 30 and Pau 16 FGA in 25.

Why is that? It's not the first time this has happened in the last few games. It's a trend. With Steve Nash, who is more than capable of getting the ball to literally anybody.

Why is not Howard getting/taking more shots?

Cowboy Thunder
01-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Dwight sucks

imnew09
01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Foul trouble

watch the fken game. :facepalm

bdreason
01-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Teams just foul him when he gets the ball around the hoop. He also seems to turn the ball over a lot when he tries to dribble from the post.

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Dwight sucks

He is not any worse than a 37 year old Shaq was. And Shaq took lots of shots with Nash in the lineup. I honestly don't get it.

TylerOO
Foul trouble

He still played 30 minutes :confusedshrug: He should be getting more than 1 shot every 6 minutes.

Screamingdoom
He gets stripped a lot and I'm not exaggerating. It seems to happen about 3 or 4 possessions down in the post each game. He misses free throws obviously. He also commits offensive fouls quite often. Lastly he seems to be clueless in the post and often gets the ball down there but does nothing with it. But outside of all that I think he should be getting more shots. I don't think they pass it too him enough, but i understand why his team mates would be reluctant to give it to him.

brownmamba00
01-22-2013, 01:13 AM
because he's a blackhole on offense can't pass can't finish can't make his ft's get stripped everytime he attempts a basic postmove

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Foul trouble

I sometimes do (more often than not), but it's 6 AM here and I'm 39 with chilldren. So I cannot watch every game, therefore I ask for some input. I know I'm a sinner though.

Rekindled
01-22-2013, 01:14 AM
thats 5 shots too many . every time dwight gets the ball something bad happens

togaed
01-22-2013, 01:14 AM
He still played 30 minutes :confusedshrug: He should be getting more than 1 shot every 6 minutes.

He gets the ball every 6 minutes and needs an open court to work with. If anyone is near him, he gets stripped or fouled.

imnew09
01-22-2013, 01:15 AM
I sometimes do (more often than not), but it's 6 AM here and I'm 39 with chilldren. So I cannot watch every game, therefore I ask for some input. I know I'm a sinner though.

Sorry for being disrespectful , i was extremely pissed because the Lakers just lost :banghead: but yea, foul troubles prohibited him from playing more minutes

ShaqAttack3234
01-22-2013, 01:16 AM
He looked absolutely terrible tonight. He didn't capitalize on the opportunities he did have, he's not dominating defensively anymore, his athleticism doesn't seem close to where it was, he looks disinterested at both ends, he picked up 5 fouls, and I think all of them were stupid, unnecessary fouls, plus I have no idea what D'Antoni is trying to do with him. He suddenly tries to establish him in the post in the second quarter with very little success. If he wants to get Dwight going, try to establish him early, not in the second quarter when he's barely touched the ball.

I can't believe this is the same player I saw 2 years ago, or even last year. He was completely invisible. The only positive thing he did was get Chicago's front line in foul trouble.

He is not any worse than a 37 year old Shaq was. And Shaq took lots of shots with Nash in the lineup. I honestly don't get it.

Shaq looked much better offensively when he was 37 than Dwight does at 27. He's actually scoring more and outshooting Dwight 61% to 58% and even 60% from the line to 50% with 1 less turnover. Shaq's problem at that point was defense.

Kiddlovesnets
'cause the Lakers aint a good fit for him. Put Dwight in the Nets team and hes averaging 25ppg, 15rpg, 3bpg on 60% FG.

elementally morale
He gets stripped a lot and I'm not exaggerating. It seems to happen about 3 or 4 possessions down in the post each game. He misses free throws obviously. He also commits offensive fouls quite often. Lastly he seems to be clueless in the post and often gets the ball down there but does nothing with it. But outside of all that I think he should be getting more shots. I don't think they pass it too him enough, but i understand why his team mates would be reluctant to give it to him.

OK, his conditioning is not as good as it used to be. He is not that quick. Can't jump that high. Can't run that fast. Coming off a major surgery this I can understand. But why is he getting stripped more than in the past?

He must be doing something really wrong if Clark gets 13 shots in the offense and he gets only 5. Nash is a great passer he is able to get him the ball. So what's going on here?

RidonKs
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
worst part is that of those 9 attempts, probably 6-7 of them came in two spurts, each about two minutes long. rest of the game he was completely invisible at both ends.

first one at the start of the game they gave him the ball for about three consecutive iso's. pretty ugly stuff, showed no iq, no patience, none of em turned into points.

the second one was promising though. well, as promising as anything this squad is showing these days. three straight possessions they got the ball to pau in the high post and had dwight bully his way in side. ball went in there each time, one resulted in a bucket and i think the other two were fouls. that took noah out of the game. this should be pretty routine stuff but my eyes went wide watching it after the mess of the first three quarters

what was he doing the rest of the game? not much. hes a limp dick out there, just ***** footing around, going through the motions, etc. hard to tell when the limitations of his injury stop and where his lack of effort/energy start but its definitely a combination. shit one play in the 1st quarter he jogged back and WATCHED from the ft line as a shot went up and boozer grabbed on offensive board. no excuse for that

Scoooter
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
He just looks done. No post game to speak of, no ability on the pick and roll, some of the most heinous free throw shooting I've ever seen. He's always had a huge athletic advantage and as much floor space as any player in the league. No more. I don't know what they're supposed to do with him.

He needs to stop hanging out with The Dream in the offseason. He's giving the guy a bad name.

chazzy
01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Shaq looked much better offensively when he was 37 than Dwight does at 27. He's actually scoring more and outshooting Dwight 61% to 58% and even 60% from the line to 50% with 1 less turnover. Shaq's problem at that point was defense.
:oldlol: I forgot about that season. OLD SHAQ played with Nash and looked better offensively than current Dwight. It's really sad watching him right now. He shows some flashes here and there but it's never consistent.

Scoooter
01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
OK, his conditioning is not as good as it used to be. He is not that quick. Can't jump that high. Can't run that fast. Coming off a major surgery this I can understand. But why is he getting stripped more than in the past?

He must be doing something really wrong if Clark gets 13 shots in the offense and he gets only 5. Nash is a great passer he is able to get him the ball. So what's going on here?
Because he brings the ball down low every time he gets it. In didn't matter as much in Orlando because they spread the floor better than anyone at the small and power forward spots. The Lakers don't have those shooters.

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:25 AM

Shaq did indeed look a lot better at 37 with Nash than Dwight looks at 27 with Nash. But I don't really understand why. Dwight at 27, even with his limited athleticism as opposed to that of his 3 years ago is still more athletic than Shaq was at 37.

Shouldn't Dwight do a lot better than he does even with his lack of mobility taken into account?

And I never liked Dwight's game, as you may remember. I was often arguing with you over the years about is. I thought you overrated him a lot and I never had him as a top 5 player in the league.

But I'm still puzzled. Dwight is a LOT better than he is playing. Or at least he should be, lack of athleticism notwithstanding.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-22-2013, 01:26 AM
I think dwight has quit on the team. doesn't seem like he's showing any effort at all. at either end.

longtime lurker
'cause the Lakers aint a good fit for him. Put Dwight in the Nets team and hes averaging 25ppg, 15rpg, 3bpg on 60% FG.

Yeah and never wins a championship.....

Scoooter
Shaq never got the credit for the skillset he possessed. Amazing passer. Much better footwork. And even while less athletic, he absolutely dwarfes a guy like Howard.

Howard is 6'10 in his bare feet, maybe. Shaq was every bit of 7'1" and 300+ lbs.

LikeABosh
01-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Unassertive pansy. Looks like he left his nuts at the door into LA

Just2McFly
01-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Dwight has always been a b*tch when he's out of his comfort zone, why do you think that Kobe wants all the pressure on him and Pau?

He knows Dwight cannot take the scrutiny LA gives it players.

Myth
01-22-2013, 01:29 AM
He'd shoot more if Kobe shot less.

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Because he brings the ball down low every time he gets it. In didn't matter as much in Orlando because they spread the floor better than anyone at the small and power forward spots. The Lakers don't have those shooters.

That's a plausible answer.

On the other hand, shouldn't he be able to alley-oop and pick'n'roll himself to at least 12 shots a game with a playmaker like Nash? Gortat, whoo was Dwight's backup in Orlando did just fine with Nash only last year if I recall correctly.

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:31 AM

Pau shot 14 times in 25 minutes. Clark 13 times. Dwight 5 times. Gasol would have got to 20 FGA had he played 33-34 minutes.

hitmanyr2k
01-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Shaq never got the credit for the skillset he possessed. Amazing passer. Much better footwork. And even while less athletic, he absolutely dwarfes a guy like Howard.

Howard is 6'10 in his bare feet, maybe. Shaq was every bit of 7'1" and 300+ lbs.

People got blinded by Shaq's monster jams but didn't appreciate the footwork, agility and explosiveness of the man. A 7 foot, 300 pounder shouldn't have been able to move like him. He was a true freak of nature in his prime. Dwight only wishes he had this kind of coordination...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI85iVU3xkE

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:35 AM
People got blinded by Shaq's monster jams but didn't appreciate the footwork, agility and explosiveness of the man. A 7 foot, 300 pounder shouldn't have been able to move like him. He was a true freak of nature in his prime. Dwight only wishes he had this kind of coordination...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI85iVU3xkE

We all know prime Shaq was a monster and even older Shaq was a very good player. 37 year old Shaq wasn't a better player than 27 year old Dwight is. Or should be. On paper.

Nash has turned everyone around him a scorer. Dwight actually seems to be scoring less with Nash in the lineup. Why?

ShaqAttack3234
He needs to stop hanging out with The Dream in the offseason. He's giving the guy a bad name.

More like he needs to go back and work with him again. When he first worked with Dream in the 2010 offseason, he looked so much more skilled in the 2010-2011 season and was much more effective upping his scoring average from 18 ppg to 23 ppg with very few of these type of quiet offensive games.

:oldlol: I forgot about that season. OLD SHAQ played with Nash and looked better offensively than current Dwight. It's really sad watching him right now. He shows some flashes here and there but it's never consistent.

As a Shaq fan, I actually really enjoyed watching him that year. I never imagined he'd look that good. Had some memorable moments such as the 45/11 game after which he dubbed Bosh Rupaul, followed by a 33 point game vs the Lakers. As amazing as it sounds since Howard was having games like that just last season, it's impossible for me to imagine Dwight having games like that right now.

37 year old Shaq actually outscored Dwight in more than 5 fewer mpg.

Shaq did indeed look a lot better at 37 with Nash than Dwight looks at 27 with Nash. But I don't really understand why. Dwight at 27, even with his limited athleticism as opposed to that of his 3 years ago is still more athletic than Shaq was at 37.

Shouldn't Dwight do a lot better than he does even with his lack of mobility taken into account?

And I never liked Dwight's game, as you may remember. I was often arguing with you over the years about is. I thought you overrated him a lot and I never had him as a top 5 player in the league.

But I'm still puzzled. Dwight is a LOT better than he is playing. Or at least he should be, lack of athleticism notwithstanding.

Shaq was a lot taller and stronger, much smarter, more fundamentally sound, had better footwork and a softer touch, and believe it or not, he looked a lot more motivated than current Dwight. Neither Dwight or Shaq have chemistry with Nash, but Phoenix went to Shaq more, and Shaq didn't need to be set up as much.

Despite the fact that Dwight's post game doesn't look good at all right now, the Lakers are intent on keeping him so I really think D'Antoni has to make a better effort to get Dwight involved early. Give him a few post ups, even if he isn't starting out well, try to see if you can get him going early and get him into a rhythm. He'll probably be more engaged defensively if that happens as well. It just makes sense to me since Kobe can get his anytime he wants and Nash usually hasn't seemed too interested in scoring.

R.I.P.
I

Just2McFly
We all know prime Shaq was a monster and even older Shaq was a very good player. 37 year old Shaq wasn't a better player than 27 year old Dwight is. Or should be. On paper.

Nash has turned everyone around him a scorer. Dwight actually seems to be scoring less with Nash in the lineup. Why?
Higher expectation + no excuses = the most pressure he has ever faced in his NBA career.

This guy folding like a superstar never has.

rhythmic
01-22-2013, 01:36 AM
1) He gets stripped 4-5 times a game it seems.
2) He doesn't finish strong and ends up going to the line on half of his attempts.
3) LA has 3 other stars and a ball-hog Kobe, who has been digging our grave for us as of late.

Howard is putting up 17/13/2.5 on 59% this season; he is FINE, people are just using him as a scape goat for our struggles. Every little mistake he does is magnified because of our struggles. I am not angry at him, but I'll call him out for a crappy game and he has had a few of those this past week. Nash is really the ONLY consistent player out there; he isn't good defensively and sometimes tries to do too much with the ball, but he is still creating shots for players and is very efficient. People are criticizing him for not shooting more, why? He's trying to develop chemistry on the court, he's doing the right thing. Our one-dimensional coach just has no idea about the Xs and Os.

Truthfully, Kobe has been just as bad as Howard these last 3 games, if not worse. We need these two guys to be right there with Westbrook/Durant and James/Wade, and they can be. They need to make better decisions with the ball and Kobe needs to start being our 2nd playmaker out there. Start setting up our bigs for efficient looks.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 01:38 AM
I need honest answers if possible.

First off, I didn't watch the last couple of Laker games, so I really don't know the answer. All I did was taking a look at the box score. I saw Kobe having had really bad games, too many shots, awful shooting. That's fine, in the sense that I can understand it. It's happened in the past plus he is 34.

What I don't get however, is that with Steve Nash on the team, Dwight Howard took 5 shots in 30 minutes. Meanwhile, another big, Gasol has taken 14 shots in 25 minutes. Dwight also took 8 FTs which translates to 4 more attempts and Gasol 4 FTs for 2 mre attempts. Still, Dwight 9 FGA in 30 and Pau 16 FGA in 25.

Why is that? It's not the first time this has happened in the last few games. It's a trend. With Steve Nash, who is more than capable of getting the ball to literally anybody.

Why is not Howard getting/taking more shots?

obviously you were not watching the game...4TO's unlimited times he was striped off

ZERO post moves

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Truthfully, Kobe has been just as bad as Howard these last 3 games, if not worse.

He may have been a lot worse, but it is somewhat besides the point. Bryant took 22 shots today. He may have shot a bit less, sure. But 22 is not 32 or 47. It's not like there weren't enough possessions for Dwight to shine. (I didn't watch the game, it's just an example.)

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 01:43 AM
obviously you were not watching the game...4TO's unlimited times he was striped off

ZERO post moves

And you obviously hasn't read the original post you were answering, in which I explicitly stated that I did NOT watch the game and this is the exact reason I'm asking all this.

The-Legend-24
01-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Because the dude is the f*cking worst on offense.

He has 3 moves:

1. Brick a hook shot
2. Get the ball stripped
3. Get fouled, and brick both free throws.

coin24
01-22-2013, 01:47 AM
He can't get open
He can't put the ball on the floor, gets stripped every time
He can't make simple layups or hook shots
He can't shoot free throws

To sum up, he sucks. Trade his ass..

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
And you obviously hasn't read the original post you were answering, in which I explicitly stated that I did NOT watch the game and this is the exact reason I'm asking all this.

my bad then...apologies

but the reality is his body language is just so horrible these days...not even funny

alleykat
01-22-2013, 01:55 AM
See the thing is....have they tried constantly getting Dwight the ball? Like do they do it consecutive games so that at least he gets a feel for this new offense? No...they don't give him a chance to get used to the team..

Truth is it's different faces, same lakers as last year with a worse coach and terrible D

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 01:56 AM

idiot

selrahc
01-22-2013, 01:59 AM
See the thing is....have they tried constantly getting Dwight the ball? Like do they do it consecutive games so that at least he gets a feel for this new offense? No...they don't give him a chance to get used to the team..

Truth is it's different faces, same lakers as last year with a worse coach and terrible D

yes, they have. do you even watch the games? he just gets stripped every time. the lakers (even kobe) will try to get him involved and throw him the ball coming down every time and he will lose the ball every time so they stop going to him.

elementally morale
01-22-2013, 02:00 AM
my bad then...apologies

It's OK, no biggie. I am REALLY interested though. I never thought Dwight was THAT good to begin with and I always (way before 2009) thought Pau Gasol was the ideal big man for a guy like Kobe (especially in the triangle), I still can't understand how Dwight cannot put up a lote more shots with Steve friggin' Nash in the lineup. Last time I checked Nash was a willing passer. He made a 37 year old Shaq look great and Marcin Gortat look more than decent.

swag2011
01-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Dwight has been exposed on the lakers.

You can't just look at the boxscore and be like kobe shot 25 times, dwight shot 9 times kobe shoot too much, dwight not enough. (not saying you said that OP, but people have said this so many times this season)

Truth is, dwight is complete trash on offense. He has NO post game at all. He gets stripped everytime he gets the ball it seems, or he gets fouled. He missed alot of gimmies as well. Kobe and Nash had tons of turnovers in that Miami game, but that was because they were trying to set Dwight up or get him the ball, but he can't hold onto the ball to save his life.

Sometimes Kobe shoots too much, but it's more on Dwight's inability on offense.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 02:12 AM
It's OK, no biggie. I am REALLY interested though. I never thought Dwight was THAT good to begin with and I always (way before 2009) thought Pau Gasol was the ideal big man for a guy like Kobe (especially in the triangle), I still can't understand how Dwight cannot put up a lote more shots with Steve friggin' Nash in the lineup. Last time I checked Nash was a willing passer. He made a 37 year old Shaq look great and Marcin Gortat look more than decent.

Steve nash is not 100% or he is seriously declining at a rapid pace...i think its the other.

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 02:15 AM

Simply put Dwight needs to just focus on being active and on defense. The offense will come. In no way can Dwight be the focal point of the offense as a post up player.

Mr. Jabbar
01-22-2013, 02:15 AM
I dont understand why 5 either. It should be in the 1-3 range imo, only dunk when alone situation, we've seen how he fares with any sort of opposition.

LebronairJAMES
01-22-2013, 02:21 AM
I suck d!ck and love it!!
:facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Simply put Dwight needs to just focus on being active and on defense. The offense will come. In no way can Dwight be the focal point of the offense as a post up player.

his body language is just pathetic ....when he doesnt get shots...he fcuking has zero post moves...why the fcuk he needs the ball?

tpols
01-22-2013, 02:25 AM
Because that nikka is ass.

Clifton
01-22-2013, 02:31 AM
his body language is just so horrible these days...not even funny
Exactly.

Dwight is a people person. He's a jolly joker not a tough guy. He's not Paul Pierce. He's not Sam Cassell. He can't be immune to bad vibes.

He's having a really bad time because the Lakers are a really shitty team to be on right now. And that's all there is to it. There is 0 team dynamics. Nobody likes each other. Everyone's game is really ugly. The whole thing is totally inorganic and obviously going to self destruct in a year or two when everyone gets old. There's no future and the present is ugly.

And more important than all this is that teams take after their best player. Kobe is not a people person. Kobe hates people. He has an adversarial relationship with all other human beings, fundamentally. Dwight is not the kind of guy who can excel in an environment that is shaded that color. It has nothing to do with the *shots* he puts up.

One thing you gotta keep in mind about all of Dwight's Orlando teams... they were filled with pretty good guys. Nash is a good guy obviously, but he's been out most of the year and his efforts to get guys to like each other and trust each other haven't set in yet. Maybe they will maybe they won't.

But that's what's ailing them, and this team. We'd be foolish to think it was anything else. No bench? F*ck a bench, the Blazers are winning without a bench *or* stars. No defense? They have a 3x DPOY, and two of the best perimeter defenders in recent memory. A bad coach? They have Nash and D'Antoni. A combo that wins and has fun doing it, period.

I'm telling you, the problem is the shadow that Kobe casts. There is no other explanation. Guys like Shaq and Derek Fisher can succeed with Kobe; but there are guys who can't, and Dwight's one of 'em.

Anyone a reader of comics? Batman and the Flash never got along. Same principle.

chazzy
01-22-2013, 02:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoOXMQ6ulIo

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Exactly.

Dwight is a people person. He's a jolly joker not a tough guy. He's not Paul Pierce. He's not Sam Cassell. He can't be immune to bad vibes.

He's having a really bad time because the Lakers are a really shitty team to be on right now. And that's all there is to it. There is 0 team dynamics. Nobody likes each other. Everyone's game is really ugly. The whole thing is totally inorganic and obviously going to self destruct in a year or two when everyone gets old. There's no future and the present is ugly.

And more important than all this is that teams take after their best player. Kobe is not a people person. Kobe hates people. He has an adversarial relationship with all other human beings, fundamentally. Dwight is not the kind of guy who can excel in an environment that is shaded that color. It has nothing to do with the *shots* he puts up.

One thing you gotta keep in mind about all of Dwight's Orlando teams... they were filled with pretty good guys. Nash is a good guy obviously, but he's been out most of the year and his efforts to get guys to like each other and trust each other haven't set in yet. Maybe they will maybe they won't.

But that's what's ailing them, and this team. We'd be foolish to think it was anything else. No bench? F*ck a bench, the Blazers are winning without a bench *or* stars. No defense? They have a 3x DPOY, and two of the best perimeter defenders in recent memory. A bad coach? They have Nash and D'Antoni. A combo that wins and has fun doing it, period.

I'm telling you, the problem is the shadow that Kobe casts. There is no other explanation. Guys like Shaq and Derek Fisher can succeed with Kobe; but there are guys who can't, and Dwight's one of 'em.

Anyone a reader of comics? Batman and the Flash never got along. Same principle.

i stopped right there

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 02:39 AM
his body language is just pathetic ....when he doesnt get shots...he fcuking has zero post moves...why the fcuk he needs the ball?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Dwight should essentially be playing like a super version of Kenneth Faried and should exclusively post up when there's a clear mismatch or against bench players.

DonDadda59
01-22-2013, 02:44 AM

Because the Lakers system is retarded for lack of a better word. Why is a 34 year old SG leading the league by a good margin in FGA when you have two big men who are capable of putting up 20 PPG on high efficiency? They should be running their offense through the post, not chucking from the perimeter. Post ups with Dwight and Pick and rolls with Pau should be their bread and butter. Instead you have Pau chilling at the 3 point line and Dwight taking a handful of shots per game.

And stop with that Dwight sucks bullshit. He never had any issues scoring with a lot less talent around him in Orlando. He has to be put in a position where he is effective. Flashes in the middle of the paint instead of relying on post moves, that's not his strength. The offense being run through him was good enough to get a far less talented team to the finals. Him being marginalized is a huge reason for why they are a lottery team.

BMOGEFan
01-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Because the Lakers system is retarded for lack of a better word. Why is a 34 year old SG leading the league by a good margin in FGA when you have two big men who are capable of putting up 20 PPG on high efficiency? They should be running their offense through the post, not chucking from the perimeter. Post ups with Dwight and Pick and rolls with Pau should be their bread and butter. Instead you have Pau chilling at the 3 point line and Dwight taking a handful of shots per game.

And stop with that Dwight sucks bullshit. He never had any issues scoring with a lot less talent around him in Orlando. He has to be put in a position where he is effective. Flashes in the middle of the paint instead of relying on post moves, that's not his strength. The offense being run through him was good enough to get a far less talented team to the finals. Him being marginalized is a huge reason for why they are a lottery team.
:wtf:

go watch the game and you will know why dwight doesn't and shouldn't get touches.

chazzy
01-22-2013, 02:48 AM
This is a different player from the one in Orlando though. I posted a game, go through that channel for more.. the difference is night and day. I don't get why people are acting like it's the same ol Dwight, just in a bad situation.

DonDadda59
01-22-2013, 02:51 AM
:wtf:

go watch the game and you will know why dwight doesn't and shouldn't get touches.

Yeah because a player who just last season put up 20+ PPG shouldn't get touches. Perfect basketball analysis there. Dude isn't getting touches... how's your team doing right now?

Meanwhile Kobe has been chucking 25-30 times per game lately, shooting 31% the past 3 games (all losses, including to the f*cking Raptors and the Bulls B-squad) and that's working out just great, right? Just keep giving the ball to Bean and watch him chuck 6+ terrible 3s per game, some airballs, instead of looking for smarter, higher quality shots using your HOF PG and the best C in the game and the most skilled PF in basketball. Great f*cking plan.

You clowns need to start living in reality. Sooner or later the delusion has to end.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 02:52 AM
Yeah because a player who just last season put up 20+ PPG shouldn't get touches. Perfect basketball analysis there. Dude isn't getting touches... how's your team doing right now?

Meanwhile Kobe has been chucking 25-30 times per game lately, shooting 31% the past 3 games (all losses, including to the f*cking Raptors and the Bulls B-squad) and that's working out just great, right?

You clowns need to start living in reality. Sooner or later the delusion has to end.

like the other guy said...go fcuking watch some games mutha fcuka...dont act smart here....

all that a$shole does is turn it over.....get stripped...go to the FT line and shoot 50%

BMOGEFan
01-22-2013, 02:52 AM

Meanwhile Kobe has been chucking 25-30 times per game lately, shooting 31% the past 3 games (all losses, including to the f*cking Raptors and the Bulls B-squad) and that's working out just great, right?

go watch a game you fool. Everyone knows dwight is useless.

The-Legend-24
01-22-2013, 02:55 AM
5 shots too many if you ask me. Dude should take the Tyson Chandler role.

If it ain't a dunk or a lay... never mind, if it ain't a dunk this nigguh can't score for shit.

:oldlol:

DonDadda59
01-22-2013, 02:59 AM
like the other guy said...go fcuking watch some games mutha fcuka...dont act smart here....

all that a$shole does is turn it over.....get stripped...go to the FT line and shoot 50%

Yet when he was doing all that in Orlando, they were able to get to the finals with Hedo as his second best player? The Lakers are not using him and they're a lottery team?

OK. I'll go watch the games. I'll keep watching Kobe chuck your team into oblivion while you idiots keep playing the enabling wife to an abusive husband who beats the dog shit out of you. 'But I love him! He doesn't mean it.' :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
01-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Quite simply,Dwight doesn't understand how to get the ball. He doesn't seal his man, he reacts Poorly to the ball and has poor hands. The reason he doesn't get more shots is because these things effect him more now that he isn't some athletic God out there. He just doesn't know how to function on offense without relying on his God given talent.

chazzy
01-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Yet when he was doing all that in Orlando, they were able to get to the finals with Hedo as his second best player? The Lakers are not using him and they're a lottery team?
This isn't Orlando Dwight..

DonDadda59
01-22-2013, 03:16 AM

How do we know that? Guys has no problem getting boards (leading the league) or blocking shots (top 5) or FG% (top 5). He's averaging 3.2 TOPG, same exact # he did last year. Basically the only difference between his Orlando play and now is that the Lakers are playing keep away with the ball so Kobe can take more fadeaway 3s.

It's up to the coach to find the spots on the court that allow Dwight to maximize his offensive impact. But if you're not taking 3s, then you're useless to the Pringles man.

If LA isn't going to use him to his full potential, might as well trade him and let him flourish in Brooklyn or elsewhere. Get some more guys to stand around and watch Kobe chuck in return.

IGOTGAME
01-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Everyone wants to ignore that to fit their agenda.

ShaqAttack3234
01-22-2013, 03:27 AM
He can't make simple layups or hook shots

This is one of the big differences. Not only did Dwight make the short jump hooks very consistently in 2011 and 2012, but he was finishing almost every lay up. Even with contact, he'd usually make the shot. He's missing so many easy shots that he'd usually dunk and bring down the rim with. I do think they need to establish him in the post early, and see if he can get into a rhythm. Not those ill-advised force feeds they tried in the Miami game, but a few real post ups early.

That really didn't have much to do with Nash. He never had much chemistry with Shaq since he was a post player. Shaq's success that season was due to the offense going into him a lot, and him being healthy.

SCREWstonRockets
01-22-2013, 03:28 AM
Dwight will walk at the end of the season. So it's time to trade him. This is the best you will get:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aptmhby

Dwight Howard for Omer Asik, Patrick Patterson and Cole Aldrich

Lakers get a defensive center and a legit backup for Pau and risk letting Dwight walk for 0. Thank me later, Laker fans. And forward this to your GM.

coin24
01-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Everyone wants to ignore that to fit their agenda.

This. Don't even bother, it's just sad pathetic Kobe haters talking shit. Worst part is the retards havnt even been watching the games. Standard box score stat loving only f@ggots:facepalm

eurobum
01-22-2013, 03:37 AM
Foul trouble

FKEN RETARD. OP said he hadn't watched games lately and asked for honest input and you come up with that gem.

:facepalm :facepalm

chazzy
01-22-2013, 03:39 AM
How do we know that?
Just LOOK AT HIM :oldlol: That's like asking why Kobe isn't the same as he was in 08. Dude had back surgery. The difference is obvious even without numbers. I'm telling you.. watch clips of him in 2011 or 2012, he's a different player. The way he got position on the block, secured the ball, made a more fluid motion to score. Finished a lot more when he got fouled going up.

This season there have been ton of plays where old Dwight would normally go straight up and dunk, but instead has to attempt to lay it up over a defender. Lateral movement and pop off the ground isn't nearly the same. The Magic were a top 3 defense with Jameer, VC, Hedo, Lewis etc alongside him. The scheme was better but still, there's no way that Dwight allows a team to be bottom 10th in the league defensively. And that is where the Lakers are truly failing. Excluding this 3 game skid, they have been very good offensively throughout the season, so this claim that feeding Dwight would fix their problems doesn't hold much weight.