PDA

View Full Version : Lakers need to trade Kobe.....

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 01:42 AM
As a first and foremost Kobe fan, unlike most band wagoners or those who are Lakers fan, I believe the Lakers should trade Kobe.

Since I am a fan, I think it's better served if he goes to a contender and help them win. His time with the Lakers are up and the team is definitely going in another direction. Now is the time to trade Kobe to a contender and in return the Lakers can get some young pieces while they rebuild.

I can think of 20 teams in the league right now, who would be instant contenders with the services of Kobe Bryant.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Kobe has no trade clause, he cant be touched unless hes traded to a title contender that he finds more intriguing than the Lakers.

Trentknicks
01-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Kobe has no trade clause, he cant be touched unless hes traded to a title contender that he finds more intriguing than the Lakers.
Good point even then no team thinks about taking his half the salary cap contract.

Hank
01-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Kobe the stringbean would only help a contender lose, not win

RoundMoundOfReb
01-22-2013, 01:45 AM
As a first and foremost Kobe fan, unlike most band wagoners or those who are Lakers fan, I believe the Lakers should trade Kobe.

Since I am a fan, I think it's better served if he goes to a contender and help them win. His time with the Lakers are up and the team is definitely going in another direction. Now is the time to trade Kobe to a contender and in return the Lakers can get some young pieces while they rebuild.

I can think of 20 teams in the league right now, who would be instant contenders with the services of Kobe Bryant.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kiddlovesnets
Good point even then no team thinks about taking his half the salary cap contract.

Yeah thats another point, doubt whether there is a team with cap space to take Kobe in.

brownmamba00
no

9erempiree
Here are the 20 plus teams that would be instant winners or contenders, no particular order:

1. * Miami --
2. * New York 1.5
3. * Indiana 2.0
4. Brooklyn 2.5
5. Chicago 3.5
6. Atlanta 4.5
7. Milwaukee 5.5
8. Boston 7.0
9. Philadelphia 10.5
10. Detroit 12.0

1. * Oklahoma City --
2. * LA Clippers 0.5
3. * San Antonio 0.5
4. Memphis 5.5
5. Golden State 6.5
6. Denver 8.0
7. Utah 10.0
8. Houston 11.0
9. Portland 11.5
10. Minnesota 13.5
11. Dallas 14.5

These are the teams that would win a title with Kobe or contend deep in the playoffs.

CHi1PriDe
01-22-2013, 01:46 AM
I think the lakers has potential to be great but I truly believe that Pringles is the main problem. He ruined a couple of teams already :facepalm

Myth

That shouldn't be hard, 2/3 of the league have a better chance of winning. Maybe Kobe would like to be traded to Utah or Milwaukie.

TylerOO
Miami doesnt want Kobe lol. He would make them much worse considering they'd have to trade a part of the Big 3.

ihoopallday
The sad part is this troll is being serious. :facepalm How can you sit behind a computer and write such pathetic posts?

9erempiree

It just means he has to approve the trade. It can be any team, as long as he approves.

There are many teams on the brink of contending and Kobe will definitely fit the criteria.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-22-2013, 01:47 AM
He could be 6th man in miami.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 01:48 AM
That shouldn't be hard, 2/3 of the league have a better chance of winning. Maybe Kobe would like to be traded to Utah or Milwaukie.

Milwaukee has got the #7 spot and they would definitely give the Heat and the Knicks a run with Kobe.

I don't mind that trade.

scandisk_
01-22-2013, 01:48 AM
KOBE can jack all day with the Bulls. No need to play defense.

7 Titles Baby

:pimp:

livingby3's
01-22-2013, 01:49 AM
He could be 6th man in miami.

3rd string SG behind Ray Allen

RoundMoundOfReb
01-22-2013, 01:49 AM
3rd string SG behind Ray Allen

:lol

B-Low
01-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Here are the 20 plus teams that would be instant winners or contenders, no particular order:

1. * Miami --
2. * New York 1.5
3. * Indiana 2.0
4. Brooklyn 2.5
5. Chicago 3.5
6. Atlanta 4.5
7. Milwaukee 5.5
8. Boston 7.0
9. Philadelphia 10.5
10. Detroit 12.0

1. * Oklahoma City --
2. * LA Clippers 0.5
3. * San Antonio 0.5
4. Memphis 5.5
5. Golden State 6.5
6. Denver 8.0
7. Utah 10.0
8. Houston 11.0
9. Portland 11.5
10. Minnesota 13.5
11. Dallas 14.5

These are the teams that would win a title with Kobe or contend deep in the playoffs.

Yes, Detroit is just the supporting cast Kobe needs. Forget these scrubs he's playing with now.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Miami doesnt want Kobe lol. He would make them much worse considering they'd have to trade a part of the Big 3.

I'm going to disagree. Miami would instantly do Wade and Kobe straight up.

Kobe's having the better season and not showing the strong decline of Wade. He can actually save himself like what Wade is doing.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM

Kobe's having the better season and not showing the strong decline of Wade. He can actually save himself like what Wade is doing.

Wade is better than Kobe nowadays, time to realize this simple fact.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 01:51 AM
KOBE can jack all day with the Bulls. No need to play defense.

7 Titles Baby

:pimp:

Bulls have the 5th spot and with the addition of Kobe, they will probably get the number 1 seed. He will definitely be an improvement in the back court and when Rose comes back, it will be hell for the East.

Rose and Kobe back court will be sick!

Definitely a championship with them.

Celtic_Pride
01-22-2013, 01:53 AM
It's not possible. For a borderline playoff team to take on Kobe's contract, they have to send back atleast couple of their best players to match the salaries. So how will they be contenders with just Kobe and scrubs?

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Yes, Detroit is just the supporting cast Kobe needs. Forget these scrubs he's playing with now.

Detroit is actually a pretty decent team considering how they are playing together and it's in the weak Eastern Conference. They are young and they play hard.

A player of Kobe's caliber can definitely take them deep into the playoffs.

Not a great team but good enough with Kobe.

Celtic_Pride
01-22-2013, 01:56 AM
Bulls have the 5th spot and with the addition of Kobe, they will probably get the number 1 seed. He will definitely be an improvement in the back court and when Rose comes back, it will be hell for the East.

Rose and Kobe back court will be sick!

Definitely a championship with them.

So who will the Bulls give up? Without Rose in the trade, there is no chance of Lakers entertaining any offers with Bulls and we know Chicago wont do that!

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 01:57 AM
It's not possible. For a borderline playoff team to take on Kobe's contract, they have to send back atleast couple of their best players to match the salaries. So how will they be contenders with just Kobe and scrubs?

Teams don't have to gut their roster to match the trade. The bench will probably be depleted but the starting roster should not have to change much.

This is where the no-trade clause comes in affect. Kobe can veto the trade unless he thinks he can win with the team.

Seeing as how the Lakers organization is ran, they would possibly entertain any offers.

Ken_Masters
01-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Bryant will never be traded under his current salary. No team will gut their entire roster in order to match salaries and trade for a guy who is well past his prime.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Bryant will never be traded under his current salary. No team will gut their entire roster in order to match salaries and trade for a guy who is well past his prime.

A contending team would definitely.

It's pretty much a no-brainer.

Brooklyn, San Antonio and Memphis would need his services.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:05 AM

What would you do to obtain Bryant?

disel
01-22-2013, 02:08 AM
It must be a nightmare playing with the chucker choke cryant. All he does it throw the ball away or throwup bricks.

Celtic_Pride
01-22-2013, 02:09 AM
Teams don't have to gut their roster to match the trade. The bench will probably be depleted but the starting roster should not have to change much.

This is where the no-trade clause comes in affect. Kobe can veto the trade unless he thinks he can win with the team.

Seeing as how the Lakers organization is ran, they would possibly entertain any offers.

How about presenting some possible trade scenarios? I don't think a Kobe trade is possible without a team giving up atleast 2 of their 3 best players.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:10 AM
It must be a nightmare playing with the chucker choke cryant. All he does it throw the ball away or throwup bricks.

He did that to the tune of 5 championships. More players should do that...don't know why since it's so easy just chucking?

disel
01-22-2013, 02:11 AM
A contending team would definitely.

It's pretty much a no-brainer.

Brooklyn, San Antonio and Memphis would need his services.
Think before you talk moron. Spurs offense is all about ball movement and kickout passes to their 3 point shooters or Dncan in the post. Kobe is the anti-team ball. Pop woud tear him apart in one day.

Kews1
01-22-2013, 02:12 AM
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads17/not_this_sheet_again1280023454.jpg

HorryIsMyMVP
01-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Maybe he can go play on T-Macs team?

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Think before you talk moron. Spurs offense is all about ball movement and kickout passes to their 3 point shooters or Dncan in the post. Kobe is the anti-team ball. Pop woud tear him apart in one day.

I disagree. He played within a system to the tune of a 3peat and even fed Shaq the ball.

A ballhog would not be able to play and win a 3peat.

It just seems like he's hogging the ball because he has to do so much this year. He's not carrying scrubs this year....he's freaking carrying Superstars. Superstar's burden weighs more than scrubs.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Maybe he can go play on T-Macs team?

Which ones? Tmac has played for a lot of teams.

He can always do that and do what Tmac has never did with them.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-22-2013, 02:17 AM
Which ones? Tmac has played for a lot of teams.

He can always do that and do what Tmac has never did with them.
I meant his current team because no NBA team wants Kobe.

maybeshewill13
01-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Kobe homer just trying to get Kobe to a contender and get his 6th ring. Too bad he can't carry a team to a ring like all the REAL greats..

Kobe dropping down the all-time list..

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Kobe homer just trying to get Kobe to a contender and get his 6th ring. Too bad he can't carry a team to a ring like all the REAL greats..

We are not talking about carrying scrubs here. Kobe's been carrying freaking superstars all year. It's way harder to do since they are superstars.

I don't even think any greats of the past can carry this Laker team.

Mr. Jabbar
01-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Kobe is no cheap ring chaser a la lebron, he'll play until he can for the lakers then retire as laker

5 > 5+1 tainted

maybeshewill13
01-22-2013, 02:21 AM
We are not talking about carrying scrubs here. Kobe's been carrying freaking superstars all year. It's way harder to do since they are superstars.

I don't even think any greats of the past can carry this Laker team.
Nikka there's a great playing RIGHT NOW who would carry this Laker team.. :sleeping

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Kobe is no cheap ring chaser a la lebron, he'll play until he can for the lakers then retire as laker

5 > 5+1 tainted

He wouldn't be a ring chaser. Ring chasers are guys that couldn't do it. Kobe's already proven.

Also, I wouldn't consider Kobe a ring chaser especially with the great season he's having.

He would actually be a the direct reason why a contender would win it all.

He would win another Finals MVP, that's not ring chasing.

DuMa
01-22-2013, 02:22 AM
no one wants this cancer.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Nikka there's a great playing RIGHT NOW who would carry this Laker team.. :sleeping

Duncan cannot lead anymore.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-22-2013, 02:24 AM

5 > 5+1 tainted
but the Lebron 3 peat is in progress bro. The NBA is rigged Lebron is Jordan. Durant is Dominique Wilkins

Mr. Jabbar
01-22-2013, 02:25 AM
He wouldn't be a ring chaser. Ring chasers are guys that couldn't do it. Kobe's already proven.

Also, I wouldn't consider Kobe a ring chaser especially with the great season he's having.

He would actually be a the direct reason why a contender would win it all.

He would win another Finals MVP, that's not ring chasing.

I like the guy too much, I would just hate to root against him when he plays the Lakers. Besides, loyalty is way overlooked in legacies due to the cheap ass new era superstars. Hopefully Durant can be the exception to this rule.

HardwoodLegend
01-22-2013, 02:29 AM
Kobe isn't proven to carry a team the way Dirk did in 2011.

He's always made the best out of a good situation though. Playing with Shaq Diesel and Pau Gasol & versatile 6th Man Lamar Odom.

maybeshewill13
01-22-2013, 02:30 AM
http://azzmilkgifs.webs.com/lebron%20beats%20up%20kobe.gif

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Joel Anthony, Dexter Pittman, Mike Miller, Picks and Cash for Kobe.:lol

Probably have to throw in Wade because there would be no use for him if Kobe's on the Heat.

Either that or make Wade backup and get rid of Allen.

LONGTIME
01-22-2013, 02:31 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1132648/lakersgm.gif

jrong
01-22-2013, 02:33 AM

LeBron and Kobe would be a match made in hell. The Lakers problems would be drastically reduced by this trade, though, because Wade-- except when he plays with someone who does it better like now-- is essentially a scoring point guard. A Wade/Howard p/r would be unguardale.

The Lakers problem with playmaking is that their point guard can't break people down off the dribble and get into the lane and their shooting guard is a playmaker. Wade is a playmaker who can break people down and get to the basket. Howard and Gasol would feast.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
LeBron and Kobe would be a match made in hell. The Lakers problems would be drastically reduced by this trade, though, because Wade-- except when he plays with someone who does it better like now-- is essentially a scoring point guard. A Wade/Howard p/r would be unguardale.

The Lakers problem with playmaking is that their point guard can't break people down off the dribble and get into the lane and their shooting guard is a playmaker. Wade is a playmaker who can break people down and get to the basket. Howard and Gasol would feast.

Kobe and Lebron would be winning rings all day.

It's sad to see where this crappy Lakers organization is heading with that clown Howard.

NumberSix
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Amnesty him.

NumberSix
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Lol. This dude thinks Miami would trade Wade for Kobe? Lol. Yeah, that just what they need.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Joel Anthony, Dexter Pittman, Mike Miller, Picks and Cash for Kobe.:lol
over payment by heat imo.

PJR
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Lol. This dude thinks Miami would trade Wade for Kobe? Lol. Yeah, that just what they need.

Dwyane Wade embodies unselfishness, quality teammate, and greatness. He doesn't care about labels, or winning it a specfic way like Kobe the wannabe Jordan, needing to be "the man", "go to scorer". Just winning.

Kobe sacrificed for Shaq because he had to(because Shaq was flat out better). But he hated it. Resented it. And he's admitied to as such.

Wade is the sole reason why Bron was comfortable with coming to Miami. Because he knew Wade(his good friend) would go out of his way to sure that it would be a smooth and seemless transistion in the long run. And Wade has done exactly that.

LeBron would never seek out to play with Kobe.

Kews1
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM

lolz but Kobe can, look at their records dipshit

STATUTORY
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Dwyane Wade embodies unselfishness, quality teammate, and greatness. He doesn't care about labels, or winning it a specfic way like Kobe the wannabe Jordan, needing to be "the man", "go to scorer". Just winning.

Kobe sacrificed for Shaq because he had to(because Shaq was flat out better). But he hated it. Resented it. And he's admitied to as such.

Wade is the sole reason why Bron was comfortable with coming to Miami. Because he knew Wade(his good friend) would go out of his way to sure that it would be a smooth and seemless transistion in the long run. And Wade has done exactly that.

that's the gheyest shit i ever heard.

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Kobe and Lebron would be winning rings all day.

It's sad to see where this crappy Lakers organization is heading with that clown Howard.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

funniest stupidest thing I've ever read on ISH.

Wade & LBJ are complimentary players because of Wade's ultimate sacrifises & LBJs ultimate playmaking ability for the betterment of MIA

LBJ + Kobe will be CONTRAdictory.

Only one out of this duo that will sacrifise will be LBJ & that will result in Kobe being being even more SELFISH than he is now!

all it takes is one bad seed (Kobe) in the line up to loose it all. LBJ will go in vain. :coleman:

STATUTORY
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

funniest stupidest thing I've ever read on ISH.

Wade & LBJ are complimentary players because of Wade's ultimate sacrifises & LBJs ultimate playmaking ability for the betterment of MIA

LBJ + Kobe will be CONTRAdictory.

Only one out of this duo that will sacrifise will be LBJ & that will result in Kobe being being even more SELFISH than he is now!

all it takes is one bad seed (Kobe) in the line up to loose it all. LBJ will go in vain. :coleman:

not at all contradictory. Lebron likes to pass, Kobe likes to shoot.

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Its is all contradictory. Lebron likes to pass, Kobe likes to chuck.

There is a difference btw "shooting" & "chucking"

LBJ will always pass to the hottest hand & not the "chucker"

Kobe is the latter (notice the amount of 25 footer kobe chucks).

thats how MJ, Bird, Magic & LBJ, the great play makers always operated.

If it wasnt the Paxon, it was Armstrong or Kerr

If it wasnt the Wade, it was Battier or Mario.

If it wasn't Mchale, it was Ainge.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
It's time for Kobe to get a ring for another team.

The Lakers are in rebuilding and you cannot do that when the man has some good years left.

Ken_Masters
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
What would you do to obtain Bryant?

The only way a team can acquire Bryant is after he is amnestied, which leaves the Lakers on the hook for a large portion of his remaining salary. I don't see any other way.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I admire Kobe's loyalty but he has to force a trade so he can get his.

I know I am selfish but he has got to get his....Lakers rebuilding.

9erempiree
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
The only way a team can acquire Bryant is after he is amnestied, which leaves the Lakers on the hook for a large portion of his remaining salary. I don't see any other way.

It's all about what Kobe's going to want and do.

He still has a couple of Finals MVP left in him.

eddiem4s
01-22-2013, 11:05 PM

Could not have said it better. In time Kobe will be known as the greatest con man to have ever played. Absolutely suckered a franchise into thinking hes one of the greats. The lakers gave kobe 5 rings not the other way around. The sad thing is he cost the lakers at least 2 more championships because other superstars dont want to play alongside this wannabe jordan fake. I a huge laker fan that has never fallen for this clowns smoke screen.

Kews1
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
It's all about what Kobe's going to want and do.

He still has a couple of Finals MVP left in him.

your such a delusional idiot, his careers finished, hell pick up some more records on the way out but hes not winning anymore championships, let alone finals MVPS, first off theres no way he gets past Durant, and second of all theres no way he beats Lebron.

Doctor Rivers
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Could not have said it better. In time Kobe will be known as the greatest con man to have ever played. Absolutely suckered a franchise into thinking hes one of the greats. The lakers gave kobe 5 rings not the other way around. The sad thing is he cost the lakers at least 2 more championships because other superstars dont want to play alongside this wannabe jordan fake. I a huge laker fan that has never fallen for this clowns smoke screen.

lol

oh the horror
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM

Christ some people on this board :oldlol:

DMV2
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
I concur.

Kews1
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM

your join date to post ratio makes you very authoritative

Derka
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
No one's trading that contract.

Heavincent
01-22-2013, 11:30 PM

:roll:

oh the horror
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
No one's trading that contract.

I really don't know why people are discussing it. Even
If Kobe wanted that NO team is taking that on and you'll never acquire equal value back

It's not ever going to happen

eddiem4s
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
your join date to post ratio makes you very authoritative
Its called an opinion. Whether im wrong or right will be determined by time not some kobe stan

daily
01-22-2013, 11:36 PM
I really don't know why people are discussing it. Even
If Kobe wanted that NO team is taking that on and you'll never acquire equal value back

It's not ever going to happen

You got that right, twice. Kobe's 30 mill per year and age is going to stop any team in the league cold in it's tracks.

But if Miami wants to send Lebron and Wade for Kobe I'm sure Mitch would be willing to listen once he got Kobe to waive his no trade clause :lol

Dumb thread. Do people even think things through or just post whatever pops into their heads

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Yeah I'm sure the Lakers wish they didn't have those 5 championships and all those millions of dollars that Kobe brought in :oldlol:

Kews1
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Its called an opinion. Whether im wrong or right will be determined by time not some kobe stan

are you calling me a Kobe stan? haha have you seen my picture? or the post that i made less than 3 comments below yours on the page before. SMH :facepalm

oh the horror
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
You got that right, twice. Kobe's 30 mill per year and age is going to stop any team in the league cold in it's tracks.

But if Miami wants to send Lebron and Wade for Kobe I'm sure Mitch would be willing to listen once he got Kobe to waive his no trade clause :lol

Dumb thread. Do people even think things through or just post whatever pops into their heads

Of course they would. Shit, fans loyalties would go right down the drain with a purposes trade like that. But the reality is, Kobe, due to his age and contract are impossible to move.

daily
01-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Of course they would. Shit, fans loyalties would go right down the drain with a purposes trade like that. But the reality is, Kobe, due to his age and contract are impossible to move.

To be honest even if they could move him through some form of divine intervention with all he's done for the franchise I doubt they would do it. Kobe has always been and will always be a Laker until he retires.

JBrizzy
01-22-2013, 11:47 PM
If they traded him the pieces they get should be able to improve the Lakers record, but Kobe is not going anywhere.

Kews1
Only way Kobe gets traded is if he asks to get traded which i cant see him ever wanting, he also wouldnt want to get called a ring chaser either (even though its exactly the same when you get Nash and Howard to come and join your team).

eddiem4s
Yeah I'm sure the Lakers wish they didn't have those 5 championships and all those millions of dollars that Kobe brought in :oldlol:
Yeah I hear you. The lakers have milked it too but this is the Lakers and they will make the millions with or without Kobe. Thats my point. Lakers made kobe not kobe made lakers. Kobe and his stans think its kobe who made the lakers. Thats the problem.

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Yeah I hear you. The lakers have milked it too but this is the Lakers and they will make the millions with or without Kobe. Thats my point. Lakers made kobe not kobe made lakers. Kobe and his stans think its kobe who made the lakers. Thats the problem.

Let me ask you something. What millions were the Lakers making with no Shaq and no Kobe? They were already losing fans to the Clippers with just Kobe and garbage. You think they get a billion dollar TV deal without Kobe being there? Yeah right.

TheBigVeto
01-23-2013, 12:23 AM

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

red1
01-23-2013, 12:32 AM

dwade :bowdown:

tmacattack33
01-23-2013, 12:35 AM

:oldlol:

9erempiree
01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
It's not about the Lakers getting rid of Kobe because he's the only bright spot this year.

I say Kobe should force a trade and get out of the mess in Los Angeles and go win Finals MVP elsewhere.

Droid101
01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
It's not about the Lakers getting rid of Kobe because he's the only bright spot this year.

I say Kobe should force a trade and get out of the mess in Los Angeles and go win Finals MVP elsewhere.
Kobe for Rudy Gay.

Kobe leads the Grizz to the promise land.

9erempiree
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Kobe for Rudy Gay.

Kobe leads the Grizz to the promise land.

I like it.

Kobe is the one guy that can definitely lead them to a ring.