PDA

View Full Version : Source: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight

Salazaar
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.

Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that he still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Nets general manager Billy King has closely monitored the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or complement Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.
Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225723/Source_Nets_Preparing_To_Pursue_Trade_For_Dwight

Here we go again... :facepalm

B-Easy8
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Why would we trade Love for Lopez?

Lopez and Pekovic would be terrible together and Love and Pek are a dominant combination.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Not gonna happen, as a nets fan i am so used to this kind of drama. We better make a trade for millsap instead.

niko
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Why would the Nets trade all their trade pieces to remove Lopez who is killing it, get Howard, instead of trading their pieces for a complimentary piece to Lopez and the team? The Nets entire offense revolves around Lopez. IF you think Lopez is going to get hurt then you do this trade. Otherwise it makes no sense at this point.

Forgetting the point i doubt the Lakers clog their cap with someone when Lebron, etc. is available in two years, how does this improve the Nets?

Go get Milsap.

niko
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Never mind, this is just J.Rudolph passing along his Dwight Brooklyn fantasy. Note to Mr. Rudolph - Nets moved on.

Nick Young
01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Lopez-Nash-Gawdbe, the unstoppable team

DO IT MITCH and get gerald wallace too, perfect fit

F*CK DWIGHT

niko
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
The Nets best player has been Lopez by far. He's been the only consistent piece. He also is the piece that makes their offense go. As a Knick fan at this point i'd be worried if the Nets got a good PF to slide into their rotation. Howard in and Lopez gone makes them a much easier matchup for us. Howard is Chandler's bitch.

Howard trying to ruin the Net's season too.

Kurosawa0
01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bc8f83z

Something like that involving two first rounders to Minnesota? Won't happen, but not really that horrible of a deal either.

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
LMAO Dwight Howard is like heroin for the Nets and they just can't stop chasing the dragon

tpols
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Don't think it's gonna pan out. Although the Nets would beast with Dwight because they play in the east and have it way easier than the Lakers. They could rest and rehab him into prime form for the playoffs.

Millsap+lopez would be a dirty combo though. Deron can't run the pick and roll with reggie well because he has no offense but Millsap would flourish.

NumberSix
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Din't read niqqa

Salazaar
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
I think it's a very long shot too but it was just interesting to see that the Nets may be trying to acquire him yet again :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
If the Lakers somehow get Kevin Love for then make it happen. They still would be horrible on defense but I just want Dwight outta here.

Nick Young
01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Get Dwight out of town, no matter what DO IT MITCH

niko
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Don't think it's gonna pan out. Although the Nets would beast with Dwight because they play in the east and have it way easier than the Lakers. They could rest and rehab him into prime form for the playoffs.

Millsap+lopez would be a dirty combo though. Deron can't run the pick and roll with reggie well because he has no offense but Millsap would flourish.

You'd have no offense. Dwight can't do P&R and you'd be total iso, without the inside out Brook provides.

Reverend Hoops
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
T-Wolves give up their franchise player for Brook Lopez? I'm not seeing it.

talkingconch
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Am i the only laker fan that wants dwight?

kennethgriffin
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Am i the only laker fan that wants dwight?

why would you want a guy who doesnt like playing basketball with another great player

its obvious he hates life on the lakers

he wants his own team but doesnt wanna lose... and theres no way to do that in todays nba. you gotta share the spotlight to have a chance

dwight doesnt understand this and he gives 50% effort

tpols
01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
You'd have no offense. Dwight can't do P&R and you'd be total iso, without the inside out Brook provides.
Nah.. Deron Williams is a more athletic dynamic version of Steve Nash on the pick and roll with Dwight..Who isn't Steve nashs type of player. Wed play it like you guys do..

Deron pick and rolls with Howard rolling to the hoop like Chandler does with Felton.. The occasional iso down low. We still have Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace as scoring options outside that pnr not to mention blatche and Marshon off the bench depending who we end up trading. Howard hates playing for the Lakers and is being overworked on a shit team outside of Nash and kobe.. On Brooklyn he would get eased in and dominate in the playoffs against all those weak front lines. Guarantee it.

Nick Young
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Nah.. Deron Williams is a more athletic dynamic version of Steve Nash on the pick and roll with Dwight..Who isn't Steve nashs type of player. Wed play it like you guys do..

Deron pick and rolls with Howard rolling to the hoop like Chandler does with Felton.. The occasional iso down low. We still have Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace as scoring options outside that pnr not to mention blatche and Marshon off the bench depending who we end up trading. Howard hates playing for the Lakers and is being overworked on a shit team outside of Nash and kobe.. On Brooklyn he would get eased in and dominate in the playoffs against all those weak front lines. Guarantee it.

Too bad Dwight doesn't know how to roll, or catch a pass in a PNR consistently even from the best PnR guard of the past 10 years, and when he does catch it doesn't know what to do with it unless the lane is completely clear.

Do you really think Nash hasnt been trying to run the PnR with Dwight? Watch the games. Nash does try it. D12 consistently blows the easy set ups.

Kurosawa0
01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
T-Wolves give up their franchise player for Brook Lopez? I'm not seeing it.

The only thing that gives me the idea they might move him is it feels like this summer or at the start of next season we'll be getting a Kevin Love trade demand. If you could get Lopez, Marshon Brooks and maybe 2 first rounders for Love... that's not really that bad of a deal.

tpols
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Too bad Dwight doesn't know how to roll, or catch a pass in a PNR consistently even from the best PnR guard of the past 10 years, and when he does catch it doesn't know what to do with it unless the lane is completely clear.

Do you really think Nash hasnt been trying to run the PnR with Dwight? Watch the games. Nash does try it. D12 consistently blows the easy set ups.
Yea but Nash likes playing with a big man that can roll or pop out for a jumper.. Dwight cant do that and yea his hands and overall athleticism have slacked, and when you combine that with his shit attitude it just leads to nothing. But Brooklyn is a very deep regular season team. With a good chunk of rest and a new team culture/change of scenery Dwight could be back in great shape.

niko
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Yea but Nash likes playing with a big man that can roll or pop out for a jumper.. Dwight cant do that and yea his hands and overall athleticism have slacked, and when you combine that with his shit attitude it just leads to nothing. But Brooklyn is a very deep regular season team. With a good chunk of rest and a new team culture/change of scenery Dwight could be back in great shape.
You haven't been watching him, Nash is leading him to the basket. Dwight is so psyched out by the free throws he can't finish and just literally stops. He also doesn't want people to foul him so he's in these little wars with the opposing center that he loses (because you can't fight with worse players).

He'd be hilarious in NY, he 100% does not want to be questioned and is uber sensitive. Him and NYC seems like a perfect match.

I 100% get this LAST year but watching Brook play, the level he plays, and the fact the offense runs through him, the play is a big good 4 next to Brook, not trading that opportunity and all your assets to replace Brook with someone playing much worse. To me, if you think health is an issue with Brook and Dwight only, then i see youir point. If you don't think Brook will get hurt, it makes little sense.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Why would the Nets trade all their trade pieces to remove Lopez who is killing it, get Howard, instead of trading their pieces for a complimentary piece to Lopez and the team? The Nets entire offense revolves around Lopez. IF you think Lopez is going to get hurt then you do this trade. Otherwise it makes no sense at this point.

Forgetting the point i doubt the Lakers clog their cap with someone when Lebron, etc. is available in two years, how does this improve the Nets?

Go get Milsap.

Yeah, Milsap is a better fit for the Nets, especially if we manage to keep Lopez, Wallace, JJ and Deron core. The starting five will be insane.

bagelred
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I said this was going to happen. Nets were going to go after Dwight either at trade deadline or offseason. Everyone was saying no.

All Net
01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Not again

Waking_Life
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
I said this was going to happen. Nets were going to go after Dwight either at trade deadline or offseason. Everyone was saying no.
so what? you want a cookie?

bagelred
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
so what? you want a cookie?

Yes. I want everyone to bow down before me and my greatness.

niko
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM

They can't get him in the offseason. CAN'T. Only now. They'd need to make a ton of salary shaving moves that included enough salary to fit him in under the cap. Not really possible.

I don't think anyone doubted they'd ask about him, it's like breathing to them. I just think we all doubt it can or will happen.

niko
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Milsap is a better fit for the Nets, especially if we manage to keep Lopez, Wallace, JJ and Deron core. The starting five will be insane.

Dwight is a disaster, he's so screwed up mentally over there. It's possible this is what he is. You'd bring him in, sign him for five years and if it is anything like LA, it would be horrific.

The upside is better, yes but there is the downside. I like the Millsap move (Gay move is luckily off the table).

It's funny when Brook sucked, Net fans yelled at me HES JUST AS GOOD AS DWIGHT! HATER HATER! But now he's playing much better and it's DWIGHT IS BETTER! WE NEED DWIGHT!

Waking_Life
01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Yes. I want everyone to bow down before me and my greatness.
All i offered was a cookie.

niko
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
All i offered was a cookie.
Which in ancient cultures is a sign of ultimate weakness.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I am not sure how its gonna work out, but the combo of Lopez + Milsap is way better than just having Dwight at C. The nets need to be realistic on building a team, they are just one step away from becoming a contender.

niko
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I am not sure how its gonna work out, but the combo of Lopez + Milsap is way better than just having Dwight at C. The nets need to be realistic on building a team, they are just one step away from becoming a contender.

Plus you know if you trade for Dwight, or Love for Dwight it will involve a few assets being moved, not just Lopez.

As a Knick fan if you asked me which move the Nets make that worries me, it's adding Milsap to that core. Adding Dwight and removing Lopez makes you an easier matchup because you won't be able to score.

It's A VC3!!!
01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
at the end of the day, Dwight is 5x better than brook. dwight is blocking more shots, rebounding 70% better and averaging just one point less than brook despite playing with Kobe and averaging less fg attempts than Lopez. every net fan is satisfied and extremely pleased with brook Lopez but Dwight turns us into a top 5 defensive team and a championship contender. brook caps us out as a ecf team at best.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
at the end of the day, Dwight is 5x better than brook. dwight is blocking more shots, rebounding 70% better and averaging just one point less than brook despite playing with Kobe and averaging less fg attempts than Lopez. every net fan is satisfied and extremely pleased with brook Lopez but Dwight turns us into a top 5 defensive team and a championship contender. brook caps us out as a ecf team at best.

Of course I know about this. The point is that we can add Milsap without moving Brook, but having Dwight means Brook must be traded. Id say the combo of Brook Lopez + Paul Milsap is better than Dwight Howard + scrub PF.

NumberSix
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Lakers NEED to trade Dwight. The niqqa ain't staying in LA. He's gone. Better get something while it's still possible.

niko
01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

Brook Lopez is playing better than Dwight Howard this season. If you want to say Dwight WOULD be better then i understand that 100%, but you can stat grab all you want, it's just patently false that Dwight is better than Lopez so far this year unless you are talking about Robin. Brook actually has more impact on the defensive end. Dwight doesn't even rebound well, i know you'll toss stats but he doesn't. He only gets rebounds not in traffic. The Lakers just miss a pissload of shots and have no rebounding at all.

Dwight would fit better is a valid argument, will play better is valid but anyone saying Dwight has been better is not watching Laker games.

It's A VC3!!!
01-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Of course I know about this. The point is that we can add Milsap without moving Brook, but having Dwight means Brook must be traded. Id say the combo of Brook Lopez + Paul Milsap is better than Dwight Howard + scrub PF.
I'm for that too.I wanted Millsap a while ago. My desire for Dwight is not crazy. I'm not like 99% of the other uneducated NBA fans. Unlike them, I won't let one year erase the dominance Dwight has displayed for the past 7 years. At the end of the day,Dwight> Brook. Dwight led a SHIT team to the NBA Finals. his talent speaks volumes. I love our team tremendously. Even if we stay the same I won't complain.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm for that too.I wanted Millsap a while ago. My desire for Dwight is not crazy. I'm not like 99% of the other uneducated NBA fans. Unlike them, I won't let one year erase the dominance Dwight has displayed for the past 7 years. At the end of the day,Dwight> Brook. Dwight led a SHIT team to the NBA Finals. his talent speaks volumes. I love our team tremendously. Even if we stay the same I won't complain.

Yeah its true, I am pretty sure Dwight with Nets would have put up numbers like 25/15/3 and lead the team to a record 31-10 at worst. Lakers fans dont see this though, the image of Dwight Howard is already broken for them.
:cheers:

It's A VC3!!!
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Brook Lopez is playing better than Dwight Howard this season. If you want to say Dwight WOULD be better then i understand that 100%, but you can stat grab all you want, it's just patently false that Dwight is better than Lopez so far this year unless you are talking about Robin. Brook actually has more impact on the defensive end. Dwight doesn't even rebound well, i know you'll toss stats but he doesn't. He only gets rebounds not in traffic. The Lakers just miss a pissload of shots and have no rebounding at all.

Dwight would fit better is a valid argument, will play better is valid but anyone saying Dwight has been better is not watching Laker games.
Brook Lopez is just averaging one more point than Dwight despite being the primary option in the offense while Dwight is either the fourth option or the seventh. I don't understand why you're attacking me for saying I prefer that my team to have Howard on it than Lopez.:wtf:

It's A VC3!!!
01-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah its true, I am pretty sure Dwight with Nets would have put up numbers like 25/15/3 and lead the team to a record 31-10 at worst. Lakers fans dont see this though, the image of Dwight Howard is already broken for them.
25/15/3 is exactly what Dwight would average with the Nets. and make us a top 5 defensive team like he made the magic.

niko
01-22-2013, 03:04 PM

What would you be willing to give though? Brook, Brooks, maybe Blatche, some picks? Hump expirer and take back a crappy deal? I get the feeling people think it's Lopez out, Dwight in. That would be ideal but why do Lakers do that? Or Wolves?

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 03:04 PM
25/15/3 is exactly what Dwight would average with the Nets. and make us a top 5 defensive team like he made the magic.

Yeah, and easily top 3 MVP candidate. Its laughable how Lakers fans blame it on Dwight when clearly their team is at fault for not utilizing him properly. Look at how much Melo changed from last year to this year, you get this idea.
:lol

niko
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Brook Lopez is just averaging one more point than Dwight despite being the primary option in the offense while Dwight is either the fourth option or the seventh. I don't understand why you're attacking me for saying I prefer that my team to have Howard on it than Lopez.:wtf:

I'm saying your point on Dwight being better this year based on stats is invalid, anyone who has watched both of them plays can tell you that.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
What would you be willing to give though? Brook, Brooks, maybe Blatche, some picks? Hump expirer and take back a crappy deal? I get the feeling people think it's Lopez out, Dwight in. That would be ideal but why do Lakers do that? Or Wolves?

Oh hey dont ask me that question, I never said the Nets should trade for Dwight. I am all for Paul Milsap and I believe the Nets are better off with two all-star big men than one superstar big man and a scrub PF. I just point out the fact that Dwight would have been way better than hes now if he was traded to the Nets earlier in the offseason. Just to counter some poster's comments on Dwight being useless on LA Lakers.

It's A VC3!!!
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Blatche is untouchable in my opinion. Very few teams have a back up center averaging 11 points and 6 rebounds. I think only the Nets have that luxury. We keep Blatche.

Nick Young
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM

wow you were saying the opposite last week, did you actually start watching laker games and seeing how much Dwight sucks now?

niko
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
wow you were saying the opposite last week, did you actually start watching laker games and seeing how much Dwight sucks now?
No, i said you can't arbitrarily drop Dwight for anything. I still don't think Brook is a good move for you because it kills the FA chase in 2014. A smart trade is not a terrible idea.

From the Nets end i don't get it, and yes i'm dissallusioned because of yesterday. That was just awful. He looked so weak and so lost. He only got rebounds if they fell to him. He'd get mad and couldn't do anything about it. He'd get the ball and STOP. Look around. Then shoot. I mean wtf was that...

coin24
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Good. Get rid of dwight he sucks. How about trying to get some picks and get a decent rookie for a change lakers:facepalm
Or maybe build a half decent bench..

This season is a fu*king disaster anyway.

tpols
01-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Dwight is a disaster, he's so screwed up mentally over there. It's possible this is what he is. You'd bring him in, sign him for five years and if it is anything like LA, it would be horrific.

The upside is better, yes but there is the downside. I like the Millsap move (Gay move is luckily off the table).

It's funny when Brook sucked, Net fans yelled at me HES JUST AS GOOD AS DWIGHT! HATER HATER! But now he's playing much better and it's DWIGHT IS BETTER! WE NEED DWIGHT!
Its also funny how when the nets had a small shot at getting dwight this past year or two you knick fans were scoffing at the notion of us giving up just lopez and now that a trade is completely possible with Dwight wanting to leave LA, OH NOES BROOK LOPEZ IS MUY BUENO!

Brook Lopez is very good basketball player..his defense is coming along great, he spaces the floor, and hes a gifted scorer. But I dont know how hes going to handle miami's swarming perimeter defense. Its gonna be strip city. Dwight is a bit quicker and has that extra superstar gear. Guy can take over games in the right situations. Lopez is more of a steady going player. No extra gear. And his foot giving out with time does worry me which is why his minutes should be monitered.

I wouldnt be mad at getting millsap instead.. he would fit perfectly and make the Nets the most balanced offensive team in the league with brink all stars at positions 1-5.

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah, and easily top 3 MVP candidate. Its laughable how Lakers fans blame it on Dwight when clearly their team is at fault for not utilizing him properly. Look at how much Melo changed from last year to this year, you get this idea.
:lol

Lol crack kills. You think Dwight's going to average 25 a game playing with Deron, Wallace and Joe Johnson? Even when he got all the touches he wanted his best was 22 a game and this was at his athletic peek. Nets can gladly have Dwight and his poison attitude. Just throw the Lakers a shit load of picks in return

niko
01-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Its also funny how when the nets had a small shot at getting dwight this past year or two you knick fans were scoffing at the notion of us giving up just lopez and now that a trade is completely possible with Dwight wanting to leave LA, OH NOES BROOK LOPEZ IS MUY BUENO!

Brook Lopez is very good basketball player..his defense is coming along great, he spaces the floor, and hes a gifted scorer. But I dont know how hes going to handle miami's swarming perimeter defense. Its gonna be strip city. Dwight is a bit quicker and has that extra superstar gear. Guy can take over games in the right situations. Lopez is more of a steady going player. No extra gear. And his foot giving out with time does worry me which is why his minutes should be monitered.

I wouldnt be mad at getting millsap instead.. he would fit perfectly and make the Nets the most balanced offensive team in the league with brink all stars at positions 1-5.

People's opinion has changed because the level of play has changed. Anyone who has the same opinion of both Dwight and Brook today as they did before the season began hasn't been watching any games. It's not logical to still rate Dwight so far above Brook UNLESS you think either one's performance is an abberation.

Note: I don't think you have a chance at Dwight so that's not my motivation. I don't think you were a good fit trade partner before, and i don't think you are now. My opinion of him has just gone done. Did you see him lately?

tpols
01-22-2013, 04:20 PM
People's opinion has changed because the level of play has changed. Anyone who has the same opinion of both Dwight and Brook today as they did before the season began hasn't been watching any games. It's not logical to still rate Dwight so far above Brook UNLESS you think either one's performance is an abberation.

Note: I don't think you have a chance at Dwight so that's not my motivation. I don't think you were a good fit trade partner before, and i don't think you are now. My opinion of him has just gone done. Did you see him lately?
Yea.. Dwights on a team that has horrible coaching, that doesnt know how to get him going and get him the ball(Blame Kobe!)which--->is leading to him giving subpar effort on defense and offense. That and hes being counted on to support the entire defensive framework in LA which is putting extra strain on a body that is already beat up and tired.

A change in culture and extra rest along with a much more balanced and capable offensive team to integrate him in would allow dwight to regain old form. I truly believe that.

bdreason
01-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Lopez > Howard at this point.

Lakers would be lucky if Nets even offered Lopez straight up for Howard.

lakers_forever
01-22-2013, 04:25 PM
The Lakers should only trade him if he demands to leave. Howard is still the best center in the NBA and should be the our first option.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
The Lakers should only trade him if he demands to leave. Howard is still the best center in the NBA and should be the our first option.

which universe you live in?

longtime lurker
Lopez > Howard at this point.

Lakers would be lucky if Nets even offered Lopez straight up for Howard.

Okay let's not be silly here. Once Dwight gets healthy he'll be killing the league again.

Rekindled

lmao @ dwight as a first option. without 4 shooters around him, he gets stripped 80% of the time he gets the ball.

lakers_forever
01-22-2013, 04:30 PM
which universe you live in?

The one where the Lakers are more important than Kobe.

bdreason
01-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Okay let's not be silly here. Once Dwight gets healthy he'll be killing the league again.

You should watch some Nets games. The entire offense is based around Lopez's ability to stretch the floor. Adding Howard would certainly improve their defense, but their offense would take a significant step backwards. The Nets don't have the shooters to play inside-out.

Kingwillball
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Messed Up part is there as a part of me thinking Dwight is "laying down" on purpose to get alienated by Lakers so he can either be Traded or Leave after this season and Fans wont be in an uproar. How P!ssed would Laker Fans be if he came to Brooklyn and Returned to Orlando D12..

lakers_forever
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
lmao @ dwight as a first option. without 4 shooters around him, he gets stripped 80% of the time he gets the ball.

Nash
Meeks
Artest
Jamison
Howard

That's a playoff team. Kobe is my favourite player, but he has to understand he does not have what it takes to lead a team to a title anymore. Times has passed. It's time to do what Shaq could not do (and Kareem could), that is admit that you should pass the torch to the young superstar.

No one (even a veteran like Nash) has the balls to the tell Kobe to stop shooting so much. It's a shame that even Lakers fans don't have them as well.

longtime lurker
01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
You should watch some Nets games. The entire offense is based around Lopez's ability to stretch the floor. Adding Howard would certainly improve their defense, but their offense would take a significant step backwards. The Nets don't have the shooters to play inside-out.

I don't doubt that and the Nets will have games with Dwight about him complaining about touches and blah blah blah. But the Dwight you see now is not the real Dwight because he's still recovering from injury and it seems like he's intentionally tanking.

lakerspng
01-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Nash
Meeks
Artest
Jamison
Howard

That's a playoff team. Kobe is my favourite player, but he has to understand he does not have what it takes to lead a team to a title anymore. Times has passed. It's time to do what Shaq could not do (and Kareem could), that is admit that you should pass the torch to the young superstar.

No one (even a veteran like Nash) has the balls to the tell Kobe to stop shooting so much. It's a shame that even Lakers fans don't have them as well.

problem is, Dwight is not that guy. He's not good enough. He cant's be relied upon to pull a team through when the game is on the line. He's not that guy.

That is not a playoff team. Meeks is barely bench material. Jamison is far beyond done, he's like a red carpet to the basket. Nash is slower than ever. Howard has no post game. MWP think he has the green light and refuses to pass to anyone. The problem is there is no team out there. there is no offensive scheme, there is no defensive scheme. they have no identity. The only thing tat should be laid at Kobe's feet is that. As a team leader he has not been able to get everyone on the same page. But how do you do that when the coach is asking everyone to do things they cannot accomplish.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 05:00 PM
It's time to do what Shaq could not do (and Kareem could), that is admit that you should pass the torch to the young superstar.

What do you mean? Shaq did this perfectly as Wade's robin in 06. If you are talking about 03 and 04 you have to understand that a 32 year old Shaq is still way better than Kobe, why stepping down when you are still clearly better?

lakerspng
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
What do you mean? Shaq did this perfectly as Wade's robin in 06. If you are talking about 03 and 04 you have to understand that a 32 year old Shaq is still way better than Kobe, why stepping down when you are still clearly better?

I know you're working on an anti-Kobe agenda. But Shaq was not as good as Kobe at that point. Shaq's lazy attitude had begun to create consequences for his health and play on the court. There's a reason that their relationship became as rocky as it did then. Shaq didn't want to put in the time or effort, yet refused to facilitate the efforts of the one who was. They both acted pretty immaturely through those couple years, but Kobe was the better player by then, simply because Shaq didn't give a sh!t.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I know you're working on an anti-Kobe agenda. But Shaq was not as good as Kobe at that point. Shaq's lazy attitude had begun to create consequences for his health and play on the court. There's a reason that their relationship became as rocky as it did then. Shaq didn't want to put in the time or effort, yet refused to facilitate the efforts of the one who was. They both acted pretty immaturely through those couple years, but Kobe was the better player by then, simply because Shaq didn't give a sh!t.

Shaq shot 60% from the field in 04 finals, Kobe was like what? 35% lol? Shaq carried the Lakers in game 1 and game 4, still fell short 'cause Kobe kept chucking.

lakerspng
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Shaq shot 60% from the field in 04 finals, Kobe was like what? 35% lol? Shaq carried the Lakers in game 1 and game 4, still fell short 'cause Kobe kept chucking.

Shaq was not great in those finals. Did you actually watch the games or just repeat some old rehashed garbage from some haters' agenda?

Gary Payton was garbage, couldn't play D and couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Malone was injured. Shaq was outplayed by Ben Wallace and Kobe was triple teamed every possession.

I've never seen Shaq muscled out of position as much by one guy as he was in that series, both offensively and defensively. Should never have happened, but I think he was trying to prove a point himself. I think he was letting Kobe hang himself... "you think you can carry the team, go ahead". Problem is, When Shaq was carrying the team, he still got 100% effort every play from Kobe. Like I said, they both handled that situation very immaturely. Unlike Magic and Kareem.

wang4three
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
The Nets best player has been Lopez by far. He's been the only consistent piece. He also is the piece that makes their offense go. As a Knick fan at this point i'd be worried if the Nets got a good PF to slide into their rotation. Howard in and Lopez gone makes them a much easier matchup for us. Howard is Chandler's bitch.

Howard trying to ruin the Net's season too.

I told you Brook would be our main offensive guy since the offseason. Finally buying it?

IGOTGAME
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Nash
Meeks
Artest
Jamison
Howard

:roll:

that is the worst team in the NBA.

Nick Young
01-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Messed Up part is there as a part of me thinking Dwight is "laying down" on purpose to get alienated by Lakers so he can either be Traded or Leave after this season and Fans wont be in an uproar. How P!ssed would Laker Fans be if he came to Brooklyn and Returned to Orlando D12..
Orlando D12 was only good enough for consistent 3rd place in the bad eastern conference and one fluke finals appearance where he got exposed 3 years ago and has only gotten worse since then, so not very pissed.

I'd only be pissed if Bynum winds up staying healthy next year and leads the sixers to glory town.

Doranku
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Too bad we can't trade coaches. Dwight + D'Antoni for Lopez + PJ would be a bigger steal than the Gasol trade. :roll:

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Shaq was not great in those finals. Did you actually watch the games or just repeat some old rehashed garbage from some haters' agenda?

Gary Payton was garbage, couldn't play D and couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Malone was injured. Shaq was outplayed by Ben Wallace and Kobe was triple teamed every possession.

I've never seen Shaq muscled out of position as much by one guy as he was in that series, both offensively and defensively. Should never have happened, but I think he was trying to prove a point himself. I think he was letting Kobe hang himself... "you think you can carry the team, go ahead". Problem is, When Shaq was carrying the team, he still got 100% effort every play from Kobe. Like I said, they both handled that situation very immaturely. Unlike Magic and Kareem.

Shaq outplayed by Ben Wallace, what are you smoking?

Shaq - 26.6ppg, 10.8rpg, 63.1% FG
Ben Wallace - 10.8ppg, 13.6rpg, 47.8% FG

The only thing Ben Wallace did better was rebounding, but you have to take account of Kobe kept chucking and giving Wallace a chance to grab defensive boards. On the other hand, Kobe was clearly outplayed by Rip Hamilton.
:rolleyes:

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Dwight Howard is destined to be a Brooklyn Nets

sooner or later.

If LAL trades for Dwight to BKL, its good for LAL & bad for BKL as they loose Lopez & team chemistry.

If BKL hold out till off season as Dwight become free agent. Dwight & Lopez twin towers can form a dangerous front court next year.

As MIA will be looking for 3-peat & will be worn out for playing in 3 straight NBA finals, WADE will be 32 & be very slow. LBJ & Bosh alone will not get to NBA finals 4th straight year.

MIA will loose to Dwight-Lopez combo in ECF from 2013-2014 onwards regularly, as BKL will be a team to beat from the East for years to come.

Dwight will be 28, Lopez will be 25. BKL can use SAS twin tower system to dominate for next 5 yrs & win 2 rings.

brandonislegend
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Nash
Meeks
Artest
Jamison
Howard

Have you ever seen Nash Meeks and Jamison play defense?

lakerspng
01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Shaq outplayed by Ben Wallace, what are you smoking?

Shaq - 26.6ppg, 10.8rpg, 63.1% FG
Ben Wallace - 10.8ppg, 13.6rpg, 47.8% FG

The only thing Ben Wallace did better was rebounding, but you have to take account of Kobe kept chucking and giving Wallace a chance to grab defensive boards. On the other hand, Kobe was clearly outplayed by Rip Hamilton.
:rolleyes:

okay, you didn't watch the series.

Kiddlovesnets
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
okay, you didn't watch the series.

I watched that series, and all I saw was Kobe ignoring Shaq and bricking shots.
:facepalm

Waking_Life
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
If BKL hold out till off season as Dwight become free agent. Dwight & Lopez twin towers can form a dangerous front court next year.

You must not realize that BK cant sign Howard as a free agent, seeing as they have no cap room.

If the Lakers dont trade him, he wont be going to his desired destinations. Even if he takes less, the teams are tied up with salaries.. meaning BK and Dallas.

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
You must not realize that BK cant sign Howard as a free agent, seeing as they have no cap room.

If the Lakers dont trade him, he wont be going to his desired destinations. Even if he takes less, the teams are tied up with salaries.. meaning BK and Dallas.

I thought if the player desperately wants to play for particular franchise, he'll get their from the front door or the back door.

BKL are completely aware that they will never beat the trio of LBJ-Wade-Bosh without Dwight in front court.

If trade is the only way of landing Dwight, BKL should force this cuz Dwight wants to come to his first choice.

coin24
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM

The guy is healthy, that's the sad part..
Killing the league? When did this happen?

He wasn't much better in Orlando, just surrounded by good shooters. If you ever watched magic games you'd notice they barely went to Howard in the 4th. He's a fu*king liability..
Whoever said he was top5 blatantly didn't watch games:facepalm

Lakers need to trade him while they can..

Waking_Life
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
If trade is the only way of landing Dwight, BKL should force this cuz Dwight wants to come to his first choice.

According to this report BK is looking at the possibility of a trade. Looking at how Howard has been playing and the poor attitude hes been displaying, its not a far off possibility. I would imagine that hes already been spreading word that hes unhappy and would be amicable if a trade happened.

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 05:48 PM
According to this report BK is looking at the possibility of a trade. Looking at how Howard has been playing and the poor attitude hes been displaying, its not a far off possibility. I would imagine that hes already been spreading word that hes unhappy and would be amicable if a trade happened.

Thanks bro.

thats the best news you brought me all day.

I think Dwight is goofing around because he knows LAL are doomed. 17-24 is too low for a franchise to ask for comeback & get the 7th or 8th spot!

If Dwight joins BKL, he'll get all serious IMO just looking at their Top 3-4 teams in the EC record wise.

also, MIA is "the team' to beat. The 3 headed monster of Bosh-LBJ-Wade is just too much for NYK, IND, BOS, BKL without DPOY & big scoring thread like Dwight in the line up.

whoever lands Dwight out of these 4 in the East will have the best chance of beating MIA in the 7th game of the Eastern Conference every year!

I said it first.

dont forget.

ZHAKIDD532
01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
my reaction:

HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ)

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
my reaction:

HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ)

ultimately, BKL must face the reality.

Dwight Howards has been to NBA finals & BKL has never been there!

Yes. Lopez is playing very good

BUT

A serious, sincere Dwight will make #2 NYK, #3 IND, #4 BKL a legit threat to #1 MIA in the EC Finals.

This is the reality. No team can negate LBJ factor in the East.

LBJ is beasting. Dwight combining with Top 4 teams in the east can negate LBJ MVP factor.

this is what I want.

MTing
01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/okj2b1q.jpg

bdreason
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Shaq was outplayed by Ben Wallace and Kobe was triple teamed every possession.

Holy delusional.

netsfan549
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
according to netsdaily #Nets reacted with extraordinary (and unprecedented) speed and aggressiveness in denying RealGM story on Nets pursuing Howard again.

Waking_Life
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
according to netsdaily #Nets reacted with extraordinary (and unprecedented) speed and aggressiveness in denying RealGM story on Nets pursuing Howard again.
Its logical that they would look for ways to improve their situation. What they are more concerned about is getting caught up in another Dwighmare situation. They must deny it anyway since nothing came of the situation seeing as how Love is injured and not likely to be moved at present.

gengiskhan
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Holy delusional.

Those are LAL fanatics for you!

They'll go to extreme lengths to degrade & insult Shaq & his 3 dominant masterful FMVP performances to save kobe's sorry ar$e.

& they complain why everyone hates LAL so much !

el gringos
01-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Lakers get- horford, d Stevenson, l fields, Raymond Felton

Hawks get- Dwight, amare, derozen, d Morris, j white

Knicks get- Bargnani, Calderon, korver, Zaza P

Raptors get- d Harris, morrow, petro, c copeland, ny 1st, atl 1st

Clifton
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Dwight + Brook would totally take one of them out of the game, and it would be Dwight, because Brook is simply a better offensive player. You don't want Brook spotting up like Pau is.

Brook to Dwight is a downgrade, it seems to me, on a roster that has Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans on it.

There is no room for Dwight on this Nets team.

I want him to end up on the Spurs. What Dwight needs is a COACH. I have no idea how that'd be possible, but I'd like to see what Pop could do in the next generation with, say, Dwight, OJ Mayo, and Jeremy Lin. Maybe pick up Jason Terry and keep Boris Diaw and the shooters. But that's a crackpot fantasy, and besides, the Spurs are going to have this same core until they're all 45 or until the NBA disbands. I have no idea where Howard will end up.

Big Cheese
01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
this rumor isnt true. it was made up by someone in dwight's camp

[quote]In an email, received minutes after NetsDaily reported on the rumor, the source wrote,

Waking_Life
01-22-2013, 07:58 PM
this rumor isnt true. it was made up by someone in dwight's camp

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/dwight-howardnets-trade-rumor-shot-down-true-or-not-consider-howard-rumor-season-open/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Supposedly Steven A. Smith is also vocalizing some trade feelings from Dwight.