PDA

View Full Version : Ramona Shelburne/ Marc Stein: Lakers might trade Howard

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-23-2013, 12:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8871264/sources-los-angeles-lakers-growing-concerned-unhappy-dwight-howard

trade this loser ass out of LA

Howard for James Harden/Parson
Howard for noah/butler/taj/ charlotte pick

Ol Dirty Bastard
01-23-2013, 12:42 AM
LOL

I cant stand Ramona anymore

dazzer87
01-23-2013, 12:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8871264/sources-los-angeles-lakers-growing-concerned-unhappy-dwight-howard

Howard for James/Bosh
Howard for Durant/Westbook

brandonislegend
01-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Dwight for Kyrie Irving plus the 9 first round picks the Cavs have in the next couple years

selrahc
Thank God.

Dwight Howard to the Bucks for Ersan Ilyasova, Beno Udrih, and Mike Dunleavy...

Let that bitch play the rest of the season in shithole Milwaukee, and have to deal with two ball hogs in Jennings and Ellis

TylerOO
Dwight for Christina Bosh

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Thank God.

Let that bitch play the rest of the season in shithole Milwaukee, and have to deal with two ball hogs in Jennings and Ellis

lol fcuk no

fpliii
01-23-2013, 12:46 AM

LA would get markedly worse with the first trade, and you're trading down in value in the second (though Noah might be a better fit if you plan on keeping Gasol).

qrich
Dwight, Blake, Ebanks, Morris to Atlanta for Al Horford, Kyle Korver, Rockets 2013 First Round Pick & Hawks 2013 First Round Pick (Top 17 Protected)

Calabis

:wtf: :roll:

red1
01-23-2013, 12:47 AM
bargnani?

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Any team giving Dwight a max contract fails at scouting.

Borat
01-23-2013, 12:48 AM
:wtf: :roll:

value diff between Howard and Noah is minimal.

Reverend Hoops
01-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Just get Horford Lakers fans and be happy. Howard is gonna be a Hawk regardless.

Ol Dirty Bastard
01-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Dwight Howard for Bynum straight up.

Bynum + Pau = 2 Rings

selrahc
01-23-2013, 12:55 AM
lol fcuk no

dude, we can have an all white team around kobe, they will not complain if kobe shoots all the shots.

nash, blake, ilyasova, gasol, dunleavy, udrih

just need to trade earl clark, jordan hill and metta.

Rekindled
01-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Dwight Howard for Odom straight up.

Odom + Pau = 2 Rings

fixed

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Dwight for Horford and Teague. No extra picks involved just a basic trade. Lakers can take on additional salary too and send some expiring contracts.

nashwade
01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Bynum is injured
Odom is currently playing for the better LA team

Let's not forget LAL got swept with those pieces

I'm just shocked the Lakers are not fixed this deep into the season, not that I know what the fix should be

Clutch
01-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Thank God.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

oh the horror
01-23-2013, 01:07 AM
I like how some of you act like Mitch isn't better than your GM. If this is true and LA is exploring a trade then you best believe they're going for value back and Howard is being moved because upper management has come to the conclusion that dude is a bum. LA doesn't trade "franchise" players

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 01:26 AM
I like how some of you act like Mitch isn't better than your GM. If this is true and LA is exploring a trade then you best believe they're going for value back and Howard is being moved because upper management has come to the conclusion that dude is a bum. LA doesn't trade "franchise" players

Ummm remember this guy named Shaq?

D-Rose
01-23-2013, 01:28 AM
I expect him to be traded before the Lakers 7 game road trip before ASW is over.

SevereUpInHere
01-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Said this in the other thread,

For Amare, straight up.

Then let that bitch expire at the end of the season.

D-Rose
01-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Said this in the other thread,

For Amare, straight up.

Then let that bitch expire at the end of the season.
LA has no use for Amare or his nasty contract and injuries.

They need to trade Dwight for youth and talent. I'm liking the Horford and Teague. They have to get something for him, because he will walk no doubt about it.

tazb
01-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Damn that back injury ruined Dwight's career, it happened before though.

oh the horror
01-23-2013, 01:38 AM
Ummm remember this guy named Shaq?

Allow me to rephrase. They won't trade unless they have to choose and judging by the 2 more rings and money made off merchandising off the younger commodity do you think they goofed?

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Allow me to rephrase. They won't trade unless they have to choose and judging by the 2 more rings and money made off merchandising off the younger commodity do you think they goofed?

Lol I was just correcting you. Of course they made the right choice choosing Kobe over Shaq. It's funny that Howard has worse attitude than Shaq with a thousandth of the accolades or game. I think the trade to Miami was hot garbage and they should have made the rumoured trade to Dallas for Dirk and Nash, but I'm more than content with the way things turned out :cheers: to the good times

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 02:37 AM
People are delusional, I'm more frustrated by the stupidity of some people then by the actual struggle of my team.

The only realistic trade is with Brooklyn and Atlanta; why? Because Howard has leverage since he's a free agent. No team will give back a reasonable amount without a guarantee from Dwight first.

I don't want anything from Brooklyn, nothing they have interests me. I would probably trade Dwight for Horford, Teague and Korver. It would give LA pieces for the future and make their team better this season, IMO.

Horford is naturally a PF, which will move Pau to C. They would compliment each other well. Korver adds a shooter which LA desperate needs and Teague is a combo guard. It gives LA flexibility. They can either start Kobe at SF and Teague at SG, or bring Teague off the bench with Korver and Clark. LA's depth becomes immensely improved from this trade.

Atlanta can acquire Howard as their foundation for the future, and since Atlanta is his hometown; he will definitely consider staying. Brooklyn has nothing to offer outside of Williams, Wallace, Johnson and Lopez. I don't want Brooks & Humphries. Lopez I do not want, since he has a 5 year max contract. Basically Brooklyn is out of the picture, IMO.

I don't want to touch anything Dallas has to offer including Dirk, it's not a viable trading partner for our long-term prosperity.

Honestly, I just want LA to keep Dwight. He is our future, and he isn't the reason we're struggling. Have you seen our depth? It's disgusting. Morris, Duhon, Jamison and Meeks? Our stars can't co-exist because our coach isn't a good fit, period!

We keep Dwight, in 2014; we have a superstar on the team plus massive financial flexibility with Pau, Kobe & Nash off the books. We can then pursue guys like Durant, James and Westbrook.

Imagine Howard at 29 and Durant at 27 together? It'd be insane. Plus, people are so quick to quit on this team because of their struggles. Even if this season is a write-off, I think LA's FO will make the necessary adjustments in the off-season. Definitely utilize their MPE and possibly look to trade Pau for added depth, hopefully consider a coaching change.

Right now, the best option we have is trading Pau. A team like Houston or Atlanta (perhaps Milwaukee) would maybe consider giving us some depth in exchange for his services. Pau's struggles begin when we asked him to space the floor at PF. Before Bynum's emergence as a relatively healthy center, the guy was a monster for LA.

Say Milwaukee offers Dunleavy, Udrich & Ilya? LA becomes a far better team instantly, IMO. They get a stretch 4, a reliable backup for Nash and a shooter at the 3 who can start for us.

Trading Howard will be a horrible decision on their part unless they are 100% certain he's walking. If Howard is being dealt, I think the only team that will offer pieces for him that LA would want is Atlanta. No other team is offering much for a 3 month rental.

The-Legend-24
01-23-2013, 02:43 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/23a4711e4402178768ee320023c03fa3/tumblr_mgik2rkq8U1rk0uv7o2_250.gif

longtime lurker
[QUOTE=rhythmic

bdreason
I don't see the motivation for Howard to stay in L.A. outside of money. Lakers are going to suck for the next few years, and Howard will never live up to the legacy of guys like Shaq and Kareem. It's a lose-lose situation for Dwight in L.A., and I would be shocked if he decided to spend the rest of his prime there for a few extra million.

I also don't see why Brooklyn or Atlanta would give up a bunch of assets for Dwight right now, instead of just waiting for Free Agency and signing him instead.

Y2Gezee
01-23-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm just saying. Amare and Nash together again.??

Or Tyson Chandler with Novak?

INDI
01-23-2013, 02:57 AM
I don't see the motivation for Howard to stay in L.A. outside of money. Lakers are going to suck for the next few years, and Howard will never live up to the legacy of guys like Shaq and Kareem. It's a lose-lose situation for Dwight in L.A., and I would be shocked if he decided to spend the rest of his prime there for a few extra million.

I also don't see why Brooklyn or Atlanta would give up a bunch of assets for Dwight right now, instead of just waiting for Free Agency and signing him instead.

Mainly because its too much of a gamble. As of right now Howard can easily go one of three ways in free agency, either back to lakers, Dallas, or atlanta (he can't go Brooklyn because of cap). So that would leave the hawks possibly missing out on him and Brooklyn won't even have a chance.

I agree with trading him to atlanta or Brooklyn, both teams need him in order to be a contender and he would sign an extension in either.

Dwight, meeks, arrest for
horford, Teague, korver

Or for

Lopez, Watson, marshon

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Mainly because its too much of a gamble. As of right now Howard can easily go one of three ways in free agency, either back to lakers, Dallas, or atlanta (he can't go Brooklyn because of cap). So that would leave the hawks possibly missing out on him and Brooklyn won't even have a chance.

I agree with trading him to atlanta or Brooklyn, both teams need him in order to be a contender and he would sign an extension in either.

Dwight, meeks, arrest for
horford, Teague, korver

Or for

Lopez, Watson, marshon

The 2nd trade would require about a million picks to make it worth it

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 03:16 AM
Don't get it twisted there are still teams that would trade for Dwight without an extension. Why? Because he's an expirer and giving up draft picks is peanuts compared to the haul they could get back. And that 3 team trade idea where the Lakers got love was actually decent return for Dwight although probably not realistic. If I were the Lakers I'd do just Horford and Teague in an instant and not think twice about it.

This makes no sense to me. So you're saying there are teams who will give up good assets without a guarantee from Dwight? First off, you need to match contracts to make a trade work; so LA will be either getting a couple of high paid players or half a dozen of players in return. No team will give up an all-star type talent for Dwight. LA gave up Andrew Bynum (2nd best center and a top 20 player in this league) to get Dwight. You honestly think any team will give up more then that or even of similar value right now? They know he's a free agent and they know which teams interest him. Lakers were one of those teams, therefore they gambled to get him. Besides Brooklyn, Atlanta and maybe Dallas; every team is skeptical of going after Dwight. Maybe Houston will gamble, or perhaps a team like Miami or OKC or the Clippers.

In conclusion, it'd be a foolish move to trade Dwight right now unless we can get Teague & Horford in return. It's at least two promising young players who we can build for the future with and still have the necessary cap space to pursue a guy like Durant.

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 03:18 AM
I'd put a gun to my head if LA trades Dwight for Lopez, Brooks and Watson. An absolute moronic move that would jeopardize our team not only for the short-term but also for the long-term.

I don't want nothing to do with Lopez's max contract and fragile feet.

MetsPackers
01-23-2013, 03:26 AM
LMAO @ some of these posts

Lakers would take lopez, brooks, and watson and RUN if that trade was offered
Getting rid of the headache would practically be enough incentive; and if they do trade howard, i garuentee they dont get as much value as that

This fanbase and front office are so obsessed with trying to find a quick fix that theyre just making things worse. If the whole motto of the season had just been to build team unity and find an effective way to play together with future contention in mind, they would have been a lot better off than championship or major bust

Kiddlovesnets
01-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Dwight doesnt want to be Kobe's 2nd hand man, this is getting interesting.
:lol

spiegel
01-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Harden and Parsons?. lol. no thanks Harden hasnt even come close to his prime and chandler bang is a borderline star. . Howard is an overrated bum. No thank you.

maybeshewill13
01-23-2013, 07:51 AM

LMAO Howard isn't worth James Harden, yet alone him AND Parsons!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Dwight for Bass, Green and Terry?

:oldlol:

I'm kidding, but I don't think Dwight would work any better in Boston with KG and Rondo than he does with Kobe. He just doesn't have that killer attitude.

Shepseskaf
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
I cant stand Ramona anymore
She is annoying as hell to listen to.

INDI
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

ZenMaster
01-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Unlike Dwight, Lopez can actually shoot which will open up the lane. He can also hit free throws. IMO Lopez is a better fit for the way the lakers look to play so if the lakers can also get Watson, a tough defender that hits threes, and brooks who has the potential to have a Jamal Crawford kind of career, why not?

Lopez's max contract and fragile feet

INDI
01-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Tbh I think the atlanta trade is more realistic on both sides. The nets though they are not contenders, they are a top tier team in the east and would have to give up a lot for Dwight ( I still think they would do it though).

Atlanta hasn't been relevant since Dominique and desperately needs a big name that can sell tickets. To their advantage they can pitch to Dwight that he can play with his best friend and the fact that he can play for his hometown. They can also pitch that the east is wide open unlike the west and he will be the undisputed first option.

The hawks deal has less of a flare for the dramatic and helps both sides. Horford, Teague, korver for Dwight, artest, and a choice of either Meeks/Morris

3LiftHeatCurse
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm loving this. Dwight did not want to go to LA. Laker organization basically so arrogant that they got him anyway and think they can do no wrong and that dwight will love it so much he will stay.

If they were smart, they would have amnestied kobe's ridiculous 30mil contract and signed deron and traded for dwight last year.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hoahjp.png

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 10:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9zzq4l

Dwight Howard and New York native Ron Artest AKA MWP

FOR

Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez and Mirza Teletovic.

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Harden and Parsons?. lol. no thanks Harden hasnt even come close to his prime and chandler bang is a borderline star. . Howard is an overrated bum. No thank you.
I'd be happy with Lin, Parsons and Smith but salaries don't match up.

Smith basically gives the same thing D12 gives you but he plays with more heart and knows his limitations.

Morey gets Harden paired with Howard, two superstars, the only problem is Dwight's fat stupid salary doesnt allow this trade to happen

b1imtf
01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd be happy with Lin, Parsons and Smith but salaries don't match up.

Smith basically gives the same thing D12 gives you but he plays with more heart and knows his limitations.

Morey gets Harden paired with Howard, two superstars, the only problem is Dwight's fat stupid salary doesnt allow this trade to happen
****ing retard

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Both of those trades are too good to be true.

Parsons+Harden, that is the trade of my dreams, maybe Greg Smith too if possible, he's basically the same player as current D12.

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
****ing retard
watch games.

niko
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9zzq4l

Dwight Howard and New York native Ron Artest AKA MWP

FOR

Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez and Mirza Teletovic.

Essentially you are giving up your chance at a title and FA in 2014. What a stupid trade. Lopez steps wrong and you're done for 4 years. Wallace is a nice role player but he misses 20 games a year and he's getting older.

Why not go for Horford and pieces from Atlanta? Something that isn't stupid.

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Essentially you are giving up your chance at a title and FA in 2014. What a stupid trade. Lopez steps wrong and you're done for 4 years. Wallace is a nice role player but he misses 20 games a year and he's getting older.

Why not go for Horford and pieces from Atlanta? Something that isn't stupid.
Lopez is better than Horford the 6'8 center.

MWP and D12 do not offer LA a "chance at a title". D12 offers no team a "chance at a title" with his quitting attitude and lack of post game and inability to hold the ball above his head, all problems he doesn't look like fixing any time soon.

niko
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Lopez is better than Horford the 6'8 center.

MWP and D12 do not offer LA a "chance at a title". D12 offers no team a "chance at a title" with his quitting attitude and lack of post game and inability to hold the ball above his head, all problems he doesn't look like fixing any time soon.
Lopez and Wallace give you no title chance and are signed for hour years. Taking a mistake that ends this year and trading it for an upgrade that gives you no title shot, closes the window on Lebron FA and locks you in for FOUR years is stupid. I don't care how much you don't like Dwight, you don't **** up your team for four years to get rid of him.

pegasus
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
You guys must have not watched pre-injury Dwight. He was MUCH better than what he has shown in LA. Forget about his offense, he was undisputed the best defensive force in the league, and you could see why every night he was on the floor.

There's definitively something wrong with him still. Either he is trying to force his way out of LA, which I doubt, or he is still not 100% and maybe he needs a full off-season to get there. LA would be stupid to trade him now, unless they know he won't resign.

I think Gasol needs to go. He disappeared in the last two playoffs, and he's not even giving you anything in the regular season this year to consider keeping him. Just thank him for his services, and trade him for a decent PF/C and a good shooter.

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Lopez and Wallace give you no title chance and are signed for hour years. Taking a mistake that ends this year and trading it for an upgrade that gives you no title shot, closes the window on Lebron FA and locks you in for FOUR years is stupid. I don't care how much you don't like Dwight, you don't **** up your team for four years to get rid of him.
You underrate Lopez, he is a potential 27 ppg 50% shooting center if he stays healthy and keeps working hard, how many of those guys come along in this day and age?

niko
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
You underrate Lopez, he is a potential 27 ppg 50% shooting center if he stays healthy and keeps working hard, how many of those guys come along in this day and age?

He's not going to score 27ppg, and you have no guarantee he will stay healthy. And you want to add Wallace to who i guarantee won't be as effective each coming year, it's called aging.

Get someone short term and good, then reboot in 2014. Locking yourself into this Laker team to spite Howard is so ridiculously dumb, and fortunately for you not going to happen because as stupid as your GM has been, he's not that shortsighted.

Godzuki
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
i'm pretty sure Howard has to agree to re-sign with the team he's being traded to, and he already screwed up the first time doing that for Orlando where he will probably be reluctant to commit to anything. which will screw the Lakers if Howard doesn't cooperate with them since i'd think he'd not want to commit to anyone until he is a FA.
\
i'm really surprised they're trading Howard at this point instead of Pau. Howard can at least always get lobbed in positions against anyone even if he is a liability with free throws and a ton of other aspects of his game. Pau will always be wishy washy from game to game. i guess they're just paranoid of losing Howard for nothing where as Pau has another 2 years but i don't get why teams can't just sit them down and ask bluntly where he's at in terms of staying or leaving....is it really that hard to get a decent answer out of these primadonnas?

SilkkTheShocker
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Dwight for Kyrie Irving plus the 9 first round picks the Cavs have in the next couple years

Why would Cleveland add picks? If im Cleveland, I wouldn't even consider trading Irving for Howard.

niko
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
i'm pretty sure Howard has to agree to re-sign with the team he's being traded to, and he already screwed up the first time doing that for Orlando where he will probably be reluctant to commit to anything. which will screw the Lakers if Howard doesn't cooperate with them since i'd think he'd not want to commit to anyone until he is a FA.
\
i'm really surprised they're trading Howard at this point instead of Pau. Howard can at least always get lobbed in positions against anyone even if he is a liability with free throws and a ton of other aspects of his game. Pau will always be wishy washy from game to game. i guess they're just paranoid of losing Howard for nothing where as Pau has another 2 years but i don't get why teams can't just sit them down and ask bluntly where he's at in terms of staying or leaving....is it really that hard to get a decent answer out of these primadonnas?
They're probably trading Pau.

daily
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
They're probably trading Pau.Lakers won't trade Pau. Howard has become to big an uncertainty. They'll keep Pau until they know Howard's on board long term.

If either big man is traded before the deadline it will be Howard.

kshutts1
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Lakers could get a lot for Howard... nteams would definitely take a chance on him without a guarantee, as he's a top 3 player when healthy.

To Minn:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8pjr89
Plus Minn sends a first

To Sac (don't see the Lakers doing a trade this risky):
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=byfpdtd

To Portland (don't see Portland doing this, but then again...):
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6hrllm

To Denver (my favorite):
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d8vke52

To Chicago:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhta4kg
Plus Bulls send a first

In all of these, save Portland, Lakers are receiving multiple pieces with talent and/or potential. With Portland they are receiving star power back (LA) along with one other player (some depth).

Sarcastic
01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
How about Dwight for Tyson Channdler? At least with Tyson you know he won't ask for the ball from Kobe, and is great at putbacks off misses, as well tap outs after misses. Plus he is great at rolling setting a pick for Nash.

3LiftHeatCurse
01-23-2013, 04:36 PM
@stevekylerNBA

Howard also addressed the trade rumors saying
"They feel like I could just walk away. And that is my choice at the end of the season"

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 04:46 PM
@stevekylerNBA

"They feel like I could just walk away. And that is my choice at the end of the season"
He's such a little bitch.

Parsons and Harden for Howard, I'd want this trade but don't think Morey is stupid enough to do it.

Howard for Lopez+CJ Watson also would improve us greatly

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
@stevekylerNBA

EPIC douchebag. :oldlol:

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
@stevekylerNBA

Why don't you post the full quote your ****