PDA

View Full Version : LakerNation Editor (Howard to ATL in-proress)

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Yeah, the dude with glasss who looks like Harry Potter.
Just said he's expecting a trade with Atlanta; he thinks J.Smith, Korver & Teague are the moving pieces but LA are relunctant without L.Williams being added to the package. World Peace and Darius Morris are part of the deal.

:wtf: :rockon: That's be insane if LA can pull this shit off. BOTH Teague & Williams? Wow...

Hawks must have another deal in place for Horford, or they're thinking of going after Paul in the off-season?

I'm praying it's true, LA with Gasol/Smith/Korver/Bryant/Nash plus L.Williams & Teague off the bench? With Clark, Jamison, Meeks & Blake (plus Hill next season).

Wow... by the way this guy said both Nash & Howard were coming to LA in June. Well before the breaking news of Nash being traded...

qrich
01-23-2013, 04:56 AM
If Hawks do that, it would be a total :facepalm

Taking back Artest while giving up Teague along with JSmoove? Really?

Dwight + Ebanks + Morris for Horford + Korver + Hou/Atl First is the best deal for both sides imo.

maybeshewill13
01-23-2013, 04:58 AM
LA about to rape another team on their way to instant contention again :facepalm

Connor B
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
If Hawks do that, it would be a total :facepalm

Taking back Artest while giving up Teague along with JSmoove? Really?

Dwight + Ebanks + Morris for Horford + Korver + Hou/Atl First is the best deal for both sides imo.

I'd vomit. We essentially trade Bynum to get Hordord/Korver? :rolleyes:
It's J.Smith, Korver & Teague; I'd take this trade totally but if they can get Williams too? I'd be going bananas.

Connor B
01-23-2013, 05:01 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

chazzy
01-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Didn't Williams' knee just explode

link?

qrich
01-23-2013, 05:05 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

HorryIsMyMVP
01-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Because 16/10/3 centers on 53% shooting grow on trees right? Plus, outside of last year, Horford has been durable and has never complained about his role.

That trade is easily much more fair for both sides than Smith (one of the leagues premier defenders), Teague (one of the leagues up and coming point guards) and Korver (probably the second best pure shooter) in exchange for an expiring Dwight who is playing the worst ball of his career and Artest, who has no value anywhere really.
But think of all the MONEY Atlanta would save.

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Because 16/10/3 centers on 53% shooting grow on trees right? Plus, outside of last year, Horford has been durable and has never complained about his role.

That trade is easily much more fair for both sides than Smith (one of the leagues premier defenders), Teague (one of the leagues up and coming point guards) and Korver (probably the second best pure shooter) in exchange for an expiring Dwight who is playing the worst ball of his career and Artest, who has no value anywhere really.

Horford/Korver for Howard is a joke, I know you people are bashing the guy right now but just comprehend what you're saying right now.

Howard led his team to the NBA finals already, he is more valuable then Horford/Korver. I'd trade Dwight for Horford/Korver/Teague though, in an instant.

therammingman
01-23-2013, 05:10 AM
i think we've seen enough times that in the nba, the team that gets the best player in the deal wins.

talkingconch
01-23-2013, 05:12 AM
lmao lakers gonna lake if this happens

TylerOO
01-23-2013, 05:12 AM
Do you guys realize that Lou Williams is not playing again this year?

talkingconch
01-23-2013, 05:13 AM
Do you guys realize that Lou Williams is not playing again this year?

J.Smith, Korver & Teague

TylerOO
01-23-2013, 05:15 AM
J.Smith, Korver & Teague

I know but a couple posters are blowing their load over getting Lou, hes not playing :lol

And I think Im missing something, I also dont see how the Lakers are amazing if this trade happens? Josh Smith can't shoot jumpers or free throws either.

qrich
01-23-2013, 05:16 AM
But think of all the MONEY Atlanta would save.

Both Howard and Smith are expiring contracts, so is Korver, so Atl would actually take on Artest's salary for next year.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Asiantastic
01-23-2013, 05:17 AM
Jesus, this trade would be godly.

And getting Williams would be amazing! Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible. Hopefully the Lakers don't push too much for Williams, that they end up blowing the deal.

marion706
01-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Cali is really stupid

atljonesbro
01-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Dont trade Teague. STILL Smith/Howard combo is OMGGG defensively

andremiller07
01-23-2013, 05:27 AM
Dont trade Teague

Thats what I was thinking to

Asiantastic
01-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Dont trade Teague. STILL Smith/Howard combo is OMGGG defensively

But wouldn't Smith be part of the deal? :confusedshrug:

therammingman
01-23-2013, 05:48 AM
i think we've seen enough times that in the nba, the team that gets the best player in the deal wins.

this.

MMM
01-23-2013, 07:28 AM
LOL Lakers fan still think they can be gifted talent and they wonder why receive so much hate

MMM
01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

sosolid4u09
01-23-2013, 07:56 AM
one thing I don't get.
I'm not sure how the teams are doing cap wise but why would Atlanta do this if they have a chance of getting Dwight in the off-season anyway? Do they not have the cap space or something? How much space would they need to free up?

All Net
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM
The same Williams that's out for the season? Get out of here.

webberz0044
01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
LakerNation editor is a troll looking for attention. It seems as though he has succeeded.

Rubio2Gasol
01-23-2013, 08:27 AM
I would assume Horford and Korver is the real package if there is one.

yeaaaman
01-23-2013, 08:32 AM
1. Howard seems far removed from that level of play and hasn't shown anything close to regaining that form after his injury. Why would a team take on such risk?

2. The East was a joke that season; No KG, Chi wasn't a contender as of yet, Cle was a solid contending team but has some serious flaws, etc.

I'm pretty sure part of him being so far removed from that is the fact that he had major surgery, and second that things just aren't fitting in LA at all. Pau also looks pretty horrible out there too. Can't say Nash necessarily looks great either.

I think you might be a bit naive to think team's aren't going to take a risk on Howard. He's getting the max wherever he goes. That is for sure

disel
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I'd vomit. We essentially trade Bynum to get Hordord/Korver? :rolleyes:
It's J.Smith, Korver & Teague; I'd take this trade totally but if they can get Williams too? I'd be going bananas.
It's official, you are an moron.Do you watch Horford play much?.BTW, stop pulling trades out of your ass

Kiddlovesnets
01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Wait a minute I thought LakersNation is already dead, the forum is inactive for days due to Lakers poor performance.
:sleeping

Chad44
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
No Link? :no:

brownmamba00
01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I'll pass

dwight needs to stay even tho he's a clown

NewYorkNoPicks
01-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, the dude with glasss who looks like Harry Potter.
Just said he's expecting a trade with Atlanta; he thinks J.Smith, Korver & Teague are the moving pieces but LA are relunctant without L.Williams being added to the package. World Peace and Darius Morris are part of the deal.

:wtf: :rockon: That's be insane if LA can pull this shit off. BOTH Teague & Williams? Wow...

Hawks must have another deal in place for Horford, or they're thinking of going after Paul in the off-season?

I'm praying it's true, LA with Gasol/Smith/Korver/Bryant/Nash plus L.Williams & Teague off the bench? With Clark, Jamison, Meeks & Blake (plus Hill next season).

Wow... by the way this guy said both Nash & Howard were coming to LA in June. Well before the breaking news of Nash being traded...

Ive got news for you...Jeff Teague is not that good...

...lou williams is a nice bench scorer...

Josh Smith is a tweener pf with no post game whos relied on being an athletic specimen in becoming an effective player. Entering his 10th season, he will soon be in the same boat as Amare Stoudemire.

In short...your package is not that good...and neither are the Hawks in their totality

PimpinZaZa
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Ive got news for you...Jeff Teague is not that good...

This. Bad fit for LA, needs his shots to have any impact and struggled coming off the bench. Get this done Ferry.

niko
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Doesn't make sense, Hawks would offer Horford, not Smith.

Toizumi
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Doesn't make sense, Hawks would offer Horford, not Smith.

Smith has voiced displeasure and seems like he wants out. He's a FA after this season and he's not resigning with the Hawks..
Atlanta needs to get some value for him and I believe they will work out a trade/sign and trade before the season ends. Makes sense that they offer him.
Horford has a reasonable contract and is one of the better bigs in the league, why would they offer him right now and risk getting nothing in return (if Dwight leaves and Smith as well for instance)?

D-Rose
01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Seems like a fair trade for both sides with some tweaks. Lakers need to do something along these lines. Solid role players and complementary stars are perfect for what they need.

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM

Yes, he emphasized that part on multiple occasions.
You people need to remember this is HIS opinion. They asked him a similar question regarding free agency and he straight out said "I believe we will get Howard and Nash". Before the world even knew Nash (or Phoenix) had any intention of coming to LA. He looks like he's 15 but is concise with his words and is definitely knowledgeable.

The question was "Will the Lakers make any moves regarding Pau or Dwight?"
He said "They shouldn't but if the right deal comes through, specifically, for Pau Gasol; I think they would have to do it as this point."

He then said he is hearing things moving forward with the Hawks and it's not a Josh Smith for Pau Gasol because additional pieces would have to be added by Atlanta and they aren't willing to accommodate the Lakers with extra talent since they believe a straight up swat is more then fair.

He also point out Smith's "detrimental" attitude, and Atlanta considers Horford their current "franchise" player and would rather keep him. They believe he's a natural power forward so playing along-side Dwight Howard wouldn't impact his game negatively.

Regarding Lou, he didn't say much. It sounded like he kind of predicted. He also said because Atlanta would only have Howard, Horford and two other players on the roster this upcoming off-season after this proposed trade and this will allow them to strongly recruit Chris Paul.

Lou Williams has a multiple year deal at 5 million per; so perhaps that's LA's leverage in the deal?

rhythmic
01-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Smith, Korver & Teague all have 1 year left on their contract; same with Dwight. Lou Williams has 3 years left on his contract.

I'd imagine LA would sign all of those players to 2 year contract, until Kobe/Pau/Nash are off the books and re-evaluate the team then.

If it was Horford instead of Smith, I'd take the Korver/Teague/Horford deal probably. But since it's Josh Smith, I don't think I'd do it. I am not sure just how good Teague is and Korver is a one-dimensional shooter. It'd probably improve our team temporary by added depth and having Gasol inside more; but in the long-run? I'd rather build around Horford then Josh Smith.

But Horford & Korver for Howard is a joke to those people who think I don't know anything about Horford. :rolleyes: The guy is a top "center" sure, but is a borderline top 5 in this league, Howard is heads & shoulders #1.

17/12.5/2.5 on 59% yet everyone is making it sound like he's just a nobody this season; everything is magnified when you're playing for LA. Howard's having chemistry issues and is probably still recovering from his injury. He hasn't been consistent at all, but there are many possible reasons for that. But people have cognitive biases, where they think it's easier to just point fingers at a particular one situation or one player instead of proactively analyzing the entire picture.

I feel bad for Dwight and I hope he stays with us for the long-haul.

bigt
01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't get it, isn't part of the reason there were Howard to Atlanta rumours because of his friendship with Smith in the first place? I know he's from Atlanta, but I thought he'd go there so he can play with his buddy in his home town. Kinda pointless when the guy is the one traded to get you there, unless Smith leaves L.A at the close of the season to go back (in which case why the Lakers do this?)

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't get it, isn't part of the reason there were Howard to Atlanta rumours because of his friendship with Smith in the first place? I know he's from Atlanta, but I thought he'd go there so he can play with his buddy in his home town. Kinda pointless when the guy is the one traded to get you there, unless Smith leaves L.A at the close of the season to go back (in which case why the Lakers do this?)
ii dunno, but josh smith was rumored to be on the move after his suspension last week.

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 01:41 PM

Condolences to your fantasy team....wanna make a trade? I need boards in the worst way

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

joshwake
01-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Lakers fans... No trade is going to put you back into contention. just take your next 5 years of mediocrity and deal with it. It's a hell of a lot less than what most of us have to deal with.

:facepalm

BGriffin's Dad
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
if they get Smith and Teague and get to dump Metta, that's a pretty good trade

Reverend Hoops
01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
No link?

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Lakers fans... No trade is going to put you back into contention. just take your next 5 years of mediocrity and deal with it. It's a hell of a lot less than what most of us have to deal with.

:facepalm

Why settle for mediocrity? The Lakers are still easily a playoff team they just lack the fit and chemistry. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen.

joshwake
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Why settle for mediocrity? The Lakers are still easily a playoff team they just lack the fit and chemistry. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen.
It's coming whether you like it or not. This team has plenty of talent to make the playoffs, but if it happens this year this team won't beat LAC or OKC, and next year there is no way the team is the same. Rebuilding takes time. Honestly I don't see LA in the WCF again until Kobe is retired, because they keep trying to build the team around him, and he is just a shitty leader and teammante. The chemistry problems start and end with him.

Big Cheese
01-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Sounds like BS...

longtime lurker
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
It's coming whether you like it or not. This team has plenty of talent to make the playoffs, but if it happens this year this team won't beat LAC or OKC, and next year there is no way the team is the same. Rebuilding takes time. Honestly I don't see LA in the WCF again until Kobe is retired, because they keep trying to build the team around him, and he is just a shitty leader and teammante. The chemistry problems start and end with him.

Well he's only got one more year until he retires so it's not like the Lakers will be taking on long term salary just to appease him. I mean the 2014 off season is a good target to start from scratch with 1 or 2 all stars and build from there. There's no right way to rebuild and why accept mediocrity and turn into a losing culture?

Nick Young
01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Roughly 1/3 of the possession Dwight turns it over, other roughly 1/3 he gets fouled and shoots roughly 50% from the line, other 1/3 he gets a shot off and shoots roughly 60%(being generous here) from the field.

so calculation, thats 1/3*0+1/3*1+1/3*2*.6= roughly .74 pts per possession.

the league average is .85 pts per possession with postups.

just for some reference, the best players in post up points per possesions(with at least 80 attemps) are :
Kobe and Durant tied first at 1.12 , melo .97, B.Lopez .96

Yet dwight wants more postups :facepalm :facepalm
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Batchoy
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
This Laker mess will become worse unless major changes occur. From the looks of it, Mitch Kupchak is putting the onus on the players, not the coach. Either Dwight Howard is gone, or Pau Gasol, or both with a bunch of role players as collateral damage. And from the way this situation has evolved/devolved, I would trade both Dwight and Pau, but my first scenario is just to trade Dwight...

The Lakers trade:
Dwight Howard
Ron Artest
Steve Blake
Darius Morris

The Lakers get:
Al Horford
Devin Harris
Lou Williams
Kyle Korver
Atlanta's 1st round pick 2013

The Hawks trade:
Al Horford
Devin Harris
Kyle Korver
Lou Williams
1st round pick 2013

The Hawks get:
Dwight Howard
Ron Artest
Steve Blake
Darius Morris

The Lakers lineup:
PG: Steve Nash, Devin Harris, Lou Williams (injured)
SG: Kobe Bryant, Jodi Meeks
SF: Earl Clark, Kyle Korver
PF: Al Horford, Antawn Jameson
C: Pau Gasol, Robert Sacre, Jordan Hill (injured)

The Hawks lineup:
PG: Jeff Teague, Darius Morris, Steve Blake (injured)
SG: Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson
SF: Metta World Peace, DeShawn Stevenson
PG: Josh Smith, Ivan Johnson
C: Dwight Howard, Zaza Pachulia

I believe this is a good trade for both teams. I like Devin Harris as a loaner for the rest of the year and/or until Lou Williams is back from his injury. I like Earl Clark as the SF. He can create match up problems with the smaller SF's in the league and can be big enough to stay with Durant and Lebron.
The Hawks have been a good team, not elite, for a few years now and need something to change it one way or the other. Dwight Howard will do that. Hopefully, playing with friends Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow will help him become the player people think he can be.

Levity
01-23-2013, 03:27 PM
this thread is vaguely reminiscent of crossovers legendary thread...

heres to hoping for a better outcome

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
this thread is vaguely reminiscent of crossovers legendary thread...

heres to hoping for a better outcome

Aren't they the same person? :oldlol:

Levity
01-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Aren't they the same person? :oldlol:

ive had my suspicions, but couldnt tell you for sure.

DuMa
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
OP getting his jollies all rolled up from another laker stan's webpage and opinions. which mean very little in the real world.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Are the Lakers trying to trade Mike D'Antoni too?

Reverend Hoops
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
OP getting his jollies all rolled up from another laker stan's webpage and opinions. which mean very little in the real world.

And he didn't even post a link to back it up.:oldlol:

I can't find anyone on LakerNation talking about this.

Levity

as opposed to everything else posted on this site that means oh so much in the real world?

hawkfan
[QUOTE=rhythmic

DuMa
01-23-2013, 04:15 PM
as opposed to everything else posted on this site that means oh so much in the real world?

all ISH talk is meaningless as well, but at least no one tries to make threads on other forums about it. there is nothing worst than someone who reads the bumblings of another moron and spreads it to the rest of the INTERNET world. that is what you call an idiot savant.