01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Dwight: omega

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
the thread title said superstar not broke back chumps

SpecialQue
01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Lebron became Alpha against the Celtics last season in the playoffs. We all saw it happen.

Mr. Jabbar

not included cause not superstar but deff omega unless theres something lower but thats like z in greek alphabet so omega it is

The Choken One
in wade's defense, he use to be an alpha
This.

Once LeBron went to Miami, he turned alpha besides maybe dem der finals and Wade went beta as fhck.

Money 23
01-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Kobe: Alpha
LeBron: Beta
Durant: Beta
CP3: Alpha
Wade: Alpha
Melo: Beta

plowking
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
You have to remember, Kobe's been the second option the majority of his career, so he automatically receives the beta label.

NBAller
:sleeping

Kobr
Alpha males are the dominant males. Generally, there can be only one present. If two or more occupy the same location, there will probably be conflict. The conflict can be extremely subtle, and you might not even see it if you are not sensitive and/or perceptive. The chance to demonstrate dominance presents itself through establishing zero-sum objectives and then displaying prowess through shows of success. This is often done, in the case of true alphas, unconsciously and unintentionally. It comes from within, and manifests most apparently as overbearing confidence that can even seem offensive at times. The key here is that alphas do not engage in this type of behavior intentionally, it is their nature to behave this way. They can't really see it any other way, and the very thought of engaging life in any other manner would probably seem ignorant or confusing to them.

Betas, by comparison, will display all the above behaviors, but they do so with intention. Life is a competition and they know it, but they don't have the 'built-in' natural sense that they're 'entitled' and that they've already 'won'. Alphas often adopt that attitude by default, whereas a beta feels he has to do something to earn it. Betas are also less competitive because they don't always feel the drive towards achievement for its own sake. They are not as unconsciously driven towards seeking approval and status as an alpha, although they might pursue these things for different reasons. They are often content to allow the alpha his swagger and showmanship, while quietly seeking out the fulfillment of their own agendas, which tend to ignore or circumvent the alpha's intentions. In this way, betas often will either behave in an evasive manner, trying to avoid a confrontation, or they will seek to bond with the alpha and support him, so that he can gain from the alpha's spoils while adding to his own in a symbiotic way.

Omegas, finally, are not interested in status or competition at all. They will avoid even betas, and tend to be the most evasive they can possibly be. They have the least motivation in all respects, and apply themselves with less passion in everything they do. They are content to simply eat and drink last, so long as they get to eat and drink at all. They will take the scraps that are thrown at them because the scraps are all they really want. It doesn't bother them in any way. They are content to simply exist and have what they want without doing anything to earn it. Mating and intimacy might be something they desire, but they are the least likely to exert any necessary effort to change themselves or engage in any behavior that requires them to compete with other people. Omegas are not bothered by social status at all, or how others view them. They will sometimes let themselves go, become fat and lazy, because these things do not bother them. Often, they have a low self-esteem, which they will try and compensate for in many ways. An extroverted omega might be prone to fights and bullying, trying to fill the void inside himself with the admiration of his peers because he feels he must hide the fact that he is weak. Of course, this is not a fact at all, but he will perceive it that way and behave as if it is.

http://google.com

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
People confusing 2nd option for MENTALITY.

Kobe was sidekick to Shaq, but he was absolutely an ALPHA, that's why they butted heads. He wasn't at his core accepting his place on the hierarchy. They were two wolves fighting to lead the pack.

LeBron breaking out in game 6, finally being cold, pissed, and motivated has nothing to do with his NATURAL mentality to be a Beta. He's their best player, sure. That doesn't make him an alpha.

LikeABosh
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Lebron went Alpha as **** last year. It is 100% his team.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2011/01/03/lebron_scream_487_381.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Lebron: Beta
Durant: Alpheta
Wade: Beta

Please don't even entertain the thought of Durant being anything but a beta. Dude trained with the guys that beat his ass in the Finals over the summer.

teddytwelvetoes
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
how is Melo not alpha?

SilkkTheShocker
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
how is Melo not alpha?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Please don't even entertain the thought of Durant being anything but a beta. Dude trained with the guys that beat his ass in the Finals over the summer.
Seriously.

I NEVER would picture an alpha doing that. He'd hide away, refining his game till he was ready to usurp the guy that beat him.

Not train with the guy. Alphas have to much pride to do some stuff like that ...

I'd actually say Westbrook is the Alpha (albeit over emotional) dude on that team.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Crawford went Alpha as **** last year. It is 100% his team.

well, you have a point

STATUTORY
01-23-2013, 09:08 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
westbrook is the real alpha of that team. sometimes I wonder if durant is actually carrying Westbrook's bookbag around like some hoe

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM
westbrook is the real alpha of that team. sometimes I wonder if durant is carrying Westbrook's bookbag around like some hoe

TMNT is alpha but hes no superstar though. Durant has given glimpses of both beta and alpha so he is an alpheta, or betpha

BrickingStar
01-23-2013, 09:19 PM
http://google.com
Then by this definition how is kobe an alpha if he won't even try to guard to lebron while the lebron will. :lol Of course this doesn't actually exist scientifically in males, it's all subjective and only retard believes it can be permanent.

LikeABosh
01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
TMNT is alpha but hes no superstar though. Durant has given glimpses of both beta and alpha so he is an alpheta, or betpha
But Kobe is a "full Alpha" riding Shaq to 3 rings?

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
But Kobe is a "full Alpha" riding Shaq to 3 rings?
Ugh ... read the explanation I gave on the previous page.

There is a difference between talent and mentality.

BrickingStar
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM

Kobe was sidekick to Shaq, but he was absolutely an ALPHA, that's why they butted heads. He wasn't at his core accepting his place on the hierarchy. They were two wolves fighting to lead the pack.

LeBron breaking out in game 6, finally being cold, pissed, and motivated has nothing to do with his NATURAL mentality to be a Beta. He's their best player, sure. That doesn't make him an alpha.
You almost act like this alpha, beta, omega biologically exist or know how people think:lol

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:24 PM
You almost act like this alpha, beta, omega biologically exist or know how people think:lol
Huh?

LikeABosh
01-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Huh?
You almost act like this alpha, beta, omega biologically exist or know how people think

BrickingStar
01-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Huh?
There is no evidence of alpha, beta, omega stigma biologically existing, it's all subjective and you can lose/earn those social traits, you aren't "born" with it.

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:27 PM
You almost act like this alpha, beta, omega biologically exist or know how people think
When males or females get together, biology and instincts take over.

You better believe this stuff exists. It's all around you.

In the office, at the bar, on ISH ... it's innate, it's instinctual. This isn't myth.

LoneyROY7
01-23-2013, 09:28 PM

How the f*** is Wade a beta? :facepalm

He led a team to a championship as a lead dog when he was 25.

BrickingStar
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
When males get together, biology and instincts take over.

You better believe this stuff exists. It's all around you.

In the office, at the bar ...
Educate yourself there is no evidence of such a thing, you actually believe you're born with this and no hope for other to ever acquire such social traits? Please don't mix instincts with social stigmas like you have any idea how it works

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
He led a team to championship as a lead dog when he was 25.
Straight scolded LeBron on national television during the Finals.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 09:30 PM
How the f*** is Wade a beta? :facepalm

He led a team to championship as a lead dog when he was 25.

Joey Crawford Alpha, Wade Beta.

LoneyROY7
01-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Joey Crawford Alpha, Wade Beta.

Fail.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Fail.

facts dont "fail"...

LoneyROY7
01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
facts dont "fail"...

No, but opinions masqueraded as "facts" do.

7secondsorless
01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Considering that athletes are not wolves hunting in pack, this alpha/beta labeling that modern media has decided to fit athletes into--and the obvious, unthinking acceptance by the general public that such distinctions really do exist-- is pretty disingenuous. If you really want to know who is "alpha" and "beta" , then remove the court and stick kobe, durant, Lebron, etc in a room by themselves for a few days with only one plate of food. That's how "alphaness" is determined. That's why there's an alpha male in pack-hunting animals. The alpha eats first and he eats first because he will fight and win the fight to determine who eats first. Alpha is about survival, not about who takes the most shots or who shoots the last shot. It's about who has the first right to survive (I.e. eat) and that right is vested through fights.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
No, but opinions masqueraded as "facts" do.

facts are not "masqueraded opinions"...

LoneyROY7
01-23-2013, 09:35 PM
facts are not "masqueraded opinions"...

You're right, and that's why what you are claiming to be "facts" aren't actually facts.

Budadiiii
01-23-2013, 09:37 PM
The only team with two Alphas is the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Biggest Alpha in the league? Russell Westbrook. :applause:

BrickingStar
01-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Considering that athletes are not wolves hunting in pack, this alpha/beta labeling that modern media has decided to fit athletes into--and the obvious, unthinking acceptance by the general public that such distinctions really do exist-- is pretty disingenuous. If you really want to know who is "alpha" and "beta" , then remove the court and stick kobe, durant, Lebron, etc in a room by themselves for a few days with only one plate of food. That's how "alphaness" is determined. That's why there's an alpha male in pack-hunting animals. The alpha eats first and he eats first because he will fight and win the fight to determine who eats first. Alpha is about survival, not about who takes the most shots or who shoots the last shot. It's about who has the first right to survive (I.e. eat) and that right is vested through fights.
Basically all opinions nothing factual when it comes to determining such traits on humans in a bball court. The mentality doesn't actually exist and is usually determine by brute strength between animals.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
You're right, and that's why what you are claiming to be "facts" aren't actually facts.

What you are claiming not to be a fact, is a fact. fact.

Budadiiii
01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
I can just imagine Westbrook ripping dudes apart in order to survive. The same way he plays the game, He'll do anything to win. A true Alpha :bowdown:

:applause:

Deuce Bigalow
01-23-2013, 09:40 PM

You said Kobe's performance (01 WCF) wasn't alpha. Tell me more about how Kobe's rings are worth half.

teddytwelvetoes
01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:he hasn't won a chip but he plays alpha :confusedshrug:

clutch gene/hero ball = alpha. and I hate the Knicks :pimp:

Money 23
01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
You said Kobe's performance (01 WCF) wasn't alpha. Tell me more about how Kobe's rings are worth half.
Kobe was not his team's best player in 2001. He was 2nd option on the Lakers offense, and the 2nd focal point for the Kings defense (48 pts) and Spurs defense (45 pts) ... those teams worried about stopping Shaq first. Kobe second.

I'm saying Kobe's innate natural MENTALITY is that of an alpha. Thus why he was always butting heads with Shaq. Kobe has ceded many times over that during those years he was verbatim "Shaq's sidekick" and he's also explained before they had a team had two natural alpha males butting heads, while still winning.

Kobe's 3 rings w/ Shaq don't count as the same weight as being your team's undisputed best player and leader. Get the sand out of your ******. Most of the intelligent basketball world would agree with me on this one.

Kobe's got 2 rings as the best player and leader of the Lakers. Those rings way MUCH heavier than being a 2nd option, regardless of how well you played. Kobe was the 2nd best player on the 2000 - 2002 Lakers.

Bandito
01-23-2013, 10:23 PM

interesting way of seeing it. I think the same too but like you said he is possibly the greatest beta ever in the NBA.

alleykat
01-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Being a beta is just as good or sumtimes better than being an alpha if it suits ur team...Downside to being alpha is being stubborn and wreckless, sumtimes compromising ur team...I think rose, Westbrook, and Kobe are under this...

Only one of those alphas on that list has things in check: cp3. He's the only one so far who hasn't compromised his team...

Money 23
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Only one of those alphas on that list has things in check: cp3. He's the only one so far who hasn't compromised his team...
When did Rose compromise his team? The rest, I agree with. CP3 does the best balancing act between being hyper aggressive and getting teammates to respond. His good cop to balance out his alpha dominance is by being a DISTRIBUTING point guard.

But the Rose thing, please elaborate, because I think you're horrendously off base. Unless you consider him compromising the Bulls by not knob slobbing and actively recruiting other players. But rather wanting to be the best player on the team.

alleykat
01-23-2013, 11:18 PM
When did Rose compromise his team? The rest, I agree with.

Did u see how he got injured? Wut was it up by 12, 30 seconds left and he drives in like there's no 2maro?

I guess I kind of misspoke.......he doesn't really put his team in that much trouble. I'm just saying he can be wreckless sumtimes....

But ya u can take rose off that list if u want. He doesn't do much to hurt the team

Bandito
01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
He's talking about mentality not talent. He was 2nd only to Shaq in that year.

Money 23
01-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Did u see how he got injured? Wut was it up by 12, 30 seconds left and he drives in like there's no 2maro?
He just drove the ball to make a play.

Don't you want your players when in the game to play hard, and make plays? LOL ...

Dumb argument. Coach put him in the game. Injuries are freak accidents. They can happen whenever someone is out on the floor.

I don't blame Thibs or Rose for that, it was a freak occurrence. And I still don't see how that injury relates to Rose alpha mentality.

Rose isn't reckless at all. He just has penetrating ability. Westbrook is a wreck-less decision maker and shot jacker.

TheBigVeto
01-23-2013, 11:27 PM

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif

pauk
01-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Jabbar Jabbar Jabbar.... :facepalm

97 bulls
01-23-2013, 11:48 PM
I think this "alpha male" thing is nonsense. Most players roles are a result of situation. And what the coach feels is best for the team. As the other poster stated the alpha male in a pride or pack is solely the one whos strong enough to fight off all challengers.

Money 23
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
I think this "alpha male" thing is nonsense. Most players roles are a result of situation. And what the coach feels is best for the team. As the other poster stated the alpha male in a pride or pack is solely the one whos strong enough to fight off all challengers.
That's why when MJ came back, Pip naturally reverted back to Beta form?

When the season and a half prior, he was so Alpha, that he refused to enter a PLAYOFF game's final game deciding play because the coach didn't draw it up for him.

This things absolutely exist, even more so in HYPER competitive situations and context like team sports.

alleykat
01-23-2013, 11:55 PM
He just drove the ball to make a play.

Don't you want your players when in the game to play hard, and make plays? LOL ...

Dumb argument. Coach put him in the game. Injuries are freak accidents. They can happen whenever someone is out on the floor.

I don't blame Thibs or Rose for that, it was a freak occurrence. And I still don't see how that injury relates to Rose alpha mentality.

Rose isn't reckless at all. He just has penetrating ability. Westbrook is a wreck-less decision maker and shot jacker.

Yes I do want him to play hard, but not drive through heavy traffic with 30 seconds left up by 12.....again take him off the list if u want (read my post first before reacting), I have no problem agreeing with ur argument cuz it's a valid one....

ILLsmak
01-23-2013, 11:57 PM
SIGMA...

-Smak

ClutchOver9000
01-24-2013, 01:48 AM
how is Melo not alpha?

Exactly. Ppl are stupid as shit.

One's instinctual mindset/mentality doesn't necessarily correlate w/ level of talent.

For example, Melo is an alpha by nature, Lebron is not. However Lebron is easily the better player. Same situation w/ CP3 and KD.

97 bulls
01-24-2013, 02:07 AM
That's why when MJ came back, Pip naturally reverted back to Beta form?

When the season and a half prior, he was so Alpha, that he refused to enter a PLAYOFF game's final game deciding play because the coach didn't draw it up for him.

This things absolutely exist, even more so in HYPER competitive situations and context like team sports.
Again,.youre trying to equate human characteristics with that of an animal. Whats worse, is that you contradict your assement. Wouldnt it be Pippens "Alpha Dog" mentality that forced him to sit out that last play? It seems to me that if he were this passive type player, he wouldve gladly did as he was told

If Jordan is an "Alpha Male" why would he threaten to retire if Pippen was traded or Jackson fired? Woildnt he want total supremacy? Wasnt Jordan leading the campaign for Pippen to win the MVP award in 96 before Pippens injury? In essence he felt Pippen was more valuable than him.

If Wade is an Alpha male, wouldnt he had fought to the bitter end to not share the spotlight and then even relinquish his status on the Heat an give it to James?

If Gasol isnt an Alpha male, why is he requesting a trade due to not liking his role with the team?

These are men with big egos. Not dogs. They play a sport and the winners realize they cant win on their own.

PJR
01-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Kobe is the beta of all betas for dry snitching on Shaq like a bitch.

AlphaWolf24
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM

This fool questioning how the universe works...:lol

AlphaWolf24
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Again,.youre trying to equate human characteristics with that of an animal. Whats worse, is that you contradict your assement. Wouldnt it be Pippens "Alpha Dog" mentality that forced him to sit out that last play? It seems to me that if he were this passive type player, he wouldve gladly did as he was told

If Jordan is an "Alpha Male" why would he threaten to retire if Pippen was traded or Jackson fired? Woildnt he want total supremacy? Wasnt Jordan leading the campaign for Pippen to win the MVP award in 96 before Pippens injury? In essence he felt Pippen was more valuable than him.

If Wade is an Alpha male, wouldnt he had fought to the bitter end to not share the spotlight and then even relinquish his status on the Heat an give it to James?

If Gasol isnt an Alpha male, why is he requesting a trade due to not liking his role with the team?

These are men with big egos. Not dogs. They play a sport and the winners realize they cant win on their own.

It absolutletly proves the order correct....

- MJ was the Alpha of the Pack....Pippen was the Beta......when MJ retired it was Pippen's turn to be the Alpha....and he did an amazing job.

- Pippen's naturaul instinct was Alpha...and when Phil F***ed with Nature...Pippen Alpha mentality took over.

- Jordan threatned to leave because him and Jerry Kruase were fueding...Jordan's Alpha mentality took control and threatned the GM ( much like a Alpha Wolf bearing his teeth....)

- Hierarchy's /order of teh pack changes.....Wade was the Alpha, he didn't let go of his role until the '12 Finals.....it was a clear changing of the Alpha, Lebron was better/stronger and showed everyone he deserved to be the Alpha.

- Gasol is not an Alpha......he was a Beta to Kobe's Alpha,......Now that he isn't even a Beta anymore he got pushed to the back.

clearly a Beta still has a little Alpha in them....but not quite all Alpha,

he threatned a little...but he will calm back down before any confrontation hapens.

- Men are Animals...anyone claiming otherwise does not understand the laws of the Universe.

Look around .....Alpha's and the order of the pack are how society works.

nathanjizzle
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
kobe
cp3
wade

are all alphas.

AlphaWolf24
01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Lebron: Alpha est. 2012
Durant: Alpha
Wade: Beta was an Alpha but lost it

IMO

01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Would Dennis rodman be "omega"?

How about Royce White?

OhNoTimNoSho
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
You guys realise this stuff doesnt actually exist? Its all just a bunch of mental *********ion..

Its all completely situational and how you percieve it, a guy can be beta for 90% of his life.. be put in a situation where he is alpha and if you would only see him during that 10% youd think he was a pure alpha. And Vice versa... Ive seen videos of Larry Bird looking shook etc.

Only basement dwelling chodes think these are things in the real world.

OhNoTimNoSho
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
The only team with two Alphas is the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Biggest Alpha in the league? Russell Westbrook. :applause:

David Stern hands down. Aint nobody telling him shit

RoundMoundOfReb
01-24-2013, 04:17 PM
:lol

OhNoTimNoSho
01-24-2013, 04:29 PM
It absolutletly proves the order correct....

- MJ was the Alpha of the Pack....Pippen was the Beta......when MJ retired it was Pippen's turn to be the Alpha....and he did an amazing job.

- Pippen's naturaul instinct was Alpha...and when Phil F***ed with Nature...Pippen Alpha mentality took over.

- Jordan threatned to leave because him and Jerry Kruase were fueding...Jordan's Alpha mentality took control and threatned the GM ( much like a Alpha Wolf bearing his teeth....)

- Hierarchy's /order of teh pack changes.....Wade was the Alpha, he didn't let go of his role until the '12 Finals.....it was a clear changing of the Alpha, Lebron was better/stronger and showed everyone he deserved to be the Alpha.

- Gasol is not an Alpha......he was a Beta to Kobe's Alpha,......Now that he isn't even a Beta anymore he got pushed to the back.

clearly a Beta still has a little Alpha in them....but not quite all Alpha,

he threatned a little...but he will calm back down before any confrontation hapens.

- Men are Animals...anyone claiming otherwise does not understand the laws of the Universe.

Look around .....Alpha's and the order of the pack are how society works.

Yea bro totally.

So theres people that are sort of alpha but are beta? Or beta but inside have some alpha? Wtf are you talking about bro. Find any article on the internet that supports your confused ass "views". I'm thinking you made all this up just to make yourself feel better cus you're a loser but deep down inside think you're alpha. Im sorry im gettiing upset.

And i digress.
Yes society works with statuses, people are above some and below others. What you're talking is nothing more than attitude, believe you're the best etc.. A CEO of a corporation is considered alpha right? He has power over countless people, calls the shots etc... Put him in a room with some all state high school football players where no one knows each other and who'll be alpha then? Alpha is nothing but a situational label.

Keep thinking it actually exists and you will forever be beta

Mr. Jabbar
01-24-2013, 04:36 PM

True, Stern is the Ultimate Alpha-Jew, I like the ring of that , say it guys, Alpha-JEW

Money 23
01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Yea bro totally.

So theres people that are sort of alpha but are beta?
Depend on the other elements of the pack.

All those team leaders combine on all-star teams and national teams ... leaders are spawned from that as well.

LeBron is an Alpha established in 2012, I'd agree with Wolf. Before that he was too clown like and he didn't treat things seriously.

Doranku
01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Wade is only an alpha when Joey Crawford is around.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fd16c7fecad043b4d000001-400-/lebron-james-destroys-celtics.jpg

Alpha est. game 6.