PDA

View Full Version : Broussard: Kobe Staving Off Player Mutiny Against D'Antoni

eliteballer
01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Also mentioned Dwight probably won't stay if D'Antoni is coach. Just on Sportscenter.................

CAN THIS MORON.

AlphaWolf24
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
GhandhBE

Cesar ChavBE

MLKBE

how Pieceful is our GAWD...

tontoz
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
I can't believe that they were dumb enough to hire this guy. Did they not see what happened in NY?

TheMarkMadsen
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I can't believe that they were dumb enough to hire this guy. Did they not see what happened in NY?

this was my worst fear when LA hired him.

Did they not see how much improved NYK were literally from the moment D'antoni was fired?

G-Funk
01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
In a way im glad it backfired on Dumbass Jimmy.

crisoner
01-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Jim Buss got to go period.

Give the keys to Jeanie please!!!

andgar923
01-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Mike and Kobe are tight, hell mike basically babysat Kobe when he was a baby. Their ties run deep, he feels he has to be loyal to him.

tpols
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Kobe's only doing it so he can keep chucking for those scoring records! Damn chucker:facepalm

I<3NBA
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Kobe found a puppet. cute.

Batz
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Been a while but:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_500.jpg

konex
01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Mutiny or not, you cannot fire 2 head coaches in one season and retain credibility as an organization. What legitimate coach would accept that job in the near future if they did this?

The negative press around the organization would not be worth it for a roster that just isn't that good anyways. Best case scenario for this season is playoffs and quick exit regardless of the coach...

eurobum
01-25-2013, 03:58 PM
GhandhBE

Cesar ChavBE

MLKBE

:roll: :roll:

niko
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Mutiny or not, you cannot fire 2 head coaches in one season and retain credibility as an organization. What legitimate coach would accept that job in the near future if they did this?

The negative press around the organization would not be worth it for a roster that just isn't that good anyways. Best case scenario for this season is playoffs and quick exit regardless of the coach...

Anyone as long as you paid them the amount they wanted. People said the same thing as soon as Avery got fired. It might at worst make you overpay.

You want people to reject the job? Drive all the good players away.

eliteballer
01-25-2013, 04:03 PM

...because the Lakers have never before been known to be disfunctional or a circus right?

You just have to tell them one thing: We're the Los Angeles frickin Lakers. The premier franchise in the NBA.

Kobe2lamar...

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM

it works if you take the power away from jim while also firing mike d.

Dbrog
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
If this is serious (which a doubt it is; probably just Dwight), it just shows how pathetic these "great" players are. The coach can't make you play better defense. It's an effort thing and anyone who has picked up a basketball knows that. If you're getting beat in transition or man-to-man, that's on you. No one else. Their offense is ugly (which will happen if you run through Kobe even though you have dominant bigs -see 2004 finals) but they still put up enough points to win games. No one to blame but themselves.

And Dwight...I just don't understand. I guess he really didn't want to go to LA (like he said in the first place). Still, surprising to see him like this. ShaqAttack posted some of his stats from just 2 yrs ago and they were Shaq-esc. Either that injury seriously messed him up (doubtful) or he simply isn't trying at all. Doesn't explain how his post-game has actually regressed though. Dwight is an enigma...

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
If this is serious (which a doubt it is; probably just Dwight), it just shows how pathetic these "great" players are. The coach can't make you play better defense. It's an effort things and anyone who has picked up a basketball knows that. If you're getting beat in transition or man-to-man, that's on you. No one else. Their offense is ugly (which will happen if you run through Kobe even though you have dominant bigs -see 2004 finals) but they still put up enough points to win games. No one to blame but themselves.

And Dwight...I just don't understand. I guess he really didn't want to go to LA (like he said in the first place). Still, surprising to see him like this. ShaqAttack posted some of his stats from just 2 yrs ago and they were Shaq-esc. Either that injury seriously messed him up (doubtful) or he simply isn't trying at all. Doesn't explain how his post-game has actually regressed though. Dwight is an enigma...
how many dominant bigs did the lakers have in 2004 finals?

Dbrog
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
how many dominant bigs did the lakers have in 2004 finals?

Just 1 haha...though he might have counted as 2 :P

oh the horror
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Kobe's only doing it so he can keep chucking for those scoring records! Damn chucker:facepalm

Amazing. Kobe is actually being the decent guy here and some of you still manage to be negative. It's just amazing at this point. It's like a mental illness with some of you. It truly is something to see

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Fire Mike D, let Bernie Bickerstaff finish out the season as head coach. go from there.

Sarcastic
01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Fire Mike D, let Bernie Bickerstaff finish out the season as head coach. go from there.

And if they still suck under Bickerstaff, then what?

DuMa
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
kobe stans are in disarray. i can feel the anger and conflict. they have to follow kobe but kobe wants to keep d'antoni.

eliteballer
01-25-2013, 04:20 PM

Then we'll be no worse than we are under D'Antoni

niko
01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
You start shipping off pieces. You make changes understanding it's not the clear and obvious hatred of the terrible coach.

The Lakers have other problems than the coach, but keeping the coach because he's not the only problem makes no sense.

magnax1
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM

Didn't the Lakers fire 2 head coaches once in like 98 or 99?

Sarcastic
01-25-2013, 04:47 PM
As much as I hate D'Antoni and want to see him fail, I don't think firing him will solve the core problem for the Lakers which is that Dwight simply does not want to play alongside Kobe. He does not want to be viewed as a sidekick. I think he likes the idea of being a Laker, but Kobe's shadow is too large for him to operate in. He wants to be the main star there.

AirFederer
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
They should have Shaq take over as HC :lol

Jacks3
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Amazing. Kobe is actually being the decent guy here and some of you still manage to be negative. It's just amazing at this point. It's like a mental illness with some of you. It truly is something to see
he was being sarcastic...

tpols
01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
I should have added /sarcasm.

kushrenada
01-25-2013, 04:54 PM
As much as I hate D'Antoni and want to see him fail, I don't think firing him will solve the core problem for the Lakers which is that Dwight simply does not want to play alongside Kobe. He does not want to be viewed as a sidekick. I think he likes the idea of being a Laker, but Kobe's shadow is too large for him to operate in. He wants to be the main star there.
There's truth to this. But it's not entirely because he wants to be the main focus of the offense.

It's also because Dwight is not a leader. He's not equipped to lead.

Dwight is mentally different than Kobe. It's been discussed numerous times. His ego is sensitive and fragile. He might be a force in the paint when healthy, but he can't take criticism well. He lacks aggression. He doesn't respond. That's just who he is right now.

niko
01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Then trade him. And fire D'Antoni. D'Antoni is a shitty coach. Or fire him and don't trade Dwight and tell him to go to Atlanta if he'd like. He's going to forgo money and go to a smaller market? :lol Dude is a huge attention whore.

Everyone keeps saying BUT X IS ALSO A PROBLEM. Yes, there are many problems. But you can't trade the whole roster, and it makes no sense to do so for a coach you don't like the job he is doing.

eliteballer
01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Kobe is actually perfect for Dwight. Kobe can be the lightning rod for criticism that Dwight can't handle.

Myth
01-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Kobe responsible for Mike Brown firing = Praise from stans

Kobe responsible for keeping D'Antoni = Praise from stans :wtf:

IGOTGAME
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
who thing is just silly. If they fire DAntoni then just hire Bernie back.

fpliii
01-25-2013, 05:17 PM

It's part of the gimmick, I guess.

KembaWalker
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Good guy Kobe :confusedshrug:

http://generatormeme.com/media/created/duyvjn.jpg

Sarcastic
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Kobe is actually perfect for Dwight. Kobe can be the lightning rod for criticism that Dwight can't handle.

I disagree. Dwight wants to be Superman. On this team he's not even Robin. He's more like Aquaman.

Mr. Jabbar
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
I disagree. Dwight wants to be Superman. On this team he's not even Robin. He's more like Aquaman.

Hes more like random henchman

bladefd
01-25-2013, 05:35 PM

Bad comparison. Aquaman is the king of the seas. An outspoken leader and inspirational figure that others group around and listen to. He is a master tactician and great warrior of the seas that leads into battle. :D

FPJ
01-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Laker fans forgetting who pushed for D'antony to be the coach...

Laker fans forgetting who wanted the princeton offense...

Mrofir
01-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Then trade him. And fire D'Antoni. D'Antoni is a shitty coach. Or fire him and don't trade Dwight and tell him to go to Atlanta if he'd like. He's going to forgo money and go to a smaller market? :lol Dude is a huge attention whore.

Everyone keeps saying BUT X IS ALSO A PROBLEM. Yes, there are many problems. But you can't trade the whole roster, and it makes no sense to do so for a coach you don't like the job he is doing.

Lakers should bench him rest of season, then offer him 3 yr\8million just to insult the troll

Mrofir
01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
my question is what side is Nash on regarding D'antoni.

ZenMaster
01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
my question is what side is Nash on regarding D'antoni.

It's driving Nash nuts.

"We're not all committing to what they want us to do," he moans. "We're half stuck in our own, old ways. We have to stop thinking about our pasts and ourselves."

"I just go home at night and lie awake trying to figure it out," says Nash, who says he slept only three hours the night before. "I keep asking myself, 'What am I not doing?'"

"You forget he's only 27," Nash says. "He's trying to figure it out. Figure himself out."

If that sounds like a veiled way to say Howard is immature, that's the vibe you get from other Lakers players, too. As one Lakers staff member said, off the record, "You can't come into a locker room where Kobe is pretty quiet, Nash is pretty quiet, Gasol is pretty quiet, and never shut up. The guy never stops talking."

Nash has told his coach -- hot-seated Mike D'Antoni -- that he's willing to play any role in any offense. He has tried everything up to and including getting healthier food on the team plane, but nothing's working.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8880530/steve-nash-lakers-struggling

Mrofir
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8880530/steve-nash-lakers-struggling

thanks! :cheers:

Ken_Masters
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Losing however many games in a row is not solely on the coach. The players are not holding themselves accountable here.

Kingwillball
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM

They went from a coach who didn't know a lick about offense to a coach who doesn't know a lick about defense.

ispin69
01-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Of course he would defend D'antoni. What other NBA coach would tell him to chuck 30+ shots a game and most of them 3 feet behind the 3pt line?

Smoke117
01-25-2013, 07:08 PM
The main reason he probably won't get fired is because he's guaranteed so much money whether he still has the job or not. The lakers were idiots to sign him for four years. They should have offered him a 2 year contract and if he didn't take it then tell him to **** off. Though in the end if it's between Dwight or him then they will probably eat the money as they can certainly afford to.

NumberSix
01-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Mutiny or not, you cannot fire 2 head coaches in one season and retain credibility as an organization.
Yeah, because keeping an epic failure of a coach that all but 1 player wants gone gives you huge cred.

TylerOO
01-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Lakers wont fire Dantoni. They still owe Mike Brown 5 mill, they will owe 6 mill to Dantoni and still have to pay the new coach.

niko
01-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Lakers have ridiculous money coming from the TWR deal, if D'Antoni is causing lower ratings they can easily justify canning him.

COnDEMnED
01-25-2013, 08:26 PM
I hope they continue to lose just so I can see just how this plays out. It's beginning to be almost as entertaning as winning.

Nick Young
01-25-2013, 08:40 PM
So basically Dwight just drove Stan Van Gundy out of town and then left the team that fired its head coach for him, went to a new team, is leading a mutinee against D'Antoni, and then will leave that team in the summer.

Euroleague
01-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Mike was Kobe's idol growing up. Of course Kobe is going to have his back.

longtime lurker
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Titles should probably read Dwight Howard driving a mutiny against D'Antoni. At this point I don't really blame the Lakers players the coach is the problem, just look at what happened in New York. Every poster needs to read the Grantland article because it completely nails the Lakers problems starting from the coach. Some coaches think 2 7 footers how do I use my advantage, D'Antoni sees 2 7 footers and thinks this is never going to fit my system.

The-Legend-24
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
If Dawhite Howard actually manages to get D'Antoni fired, I MIGHT begin to like his corny ass.

konex
01-28-2013, 04:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35614/lakers-rise-as-dantonis-offense-ditched

Thought Mike D'Antoni's offense was a bad fit for these Lakers? Guess what. They're not running it.

This shouldn't be a huge secret, considering that the person best fitted for running D'Antoni's sets, Steve Nash, has been playing off the ball the last two games.

When the Lakers hit their breaking point this week with a pathetic 0-3 road trip that brought them eight games under .500 at just past the midway point of the season, D'Antoni was taking just as much heat as anybody for being unwilling to change his system.

Well, playing Kobe Bryant, one of the top shooting guards ever to lace them up, at point guard is as drastic a change as they come.

"This isn't necessarily any offense," Nash said after the Lakers' 105-96 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday. "This is bringing the ball down, calling over a pick and playing the game and because we have good players on the floor, when (Bryant) distributes we can make them pay for leaning too much to Kobe. When they lean too much to us, he makes them pay."

Looks like Kobe was part of the mutiny :roll:

The_Yearning
01-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Dwight Howard is a cancer. Dude's career is over.

daily
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35614/lakers-rise-as-dantonis-offense-ditched

Looks like Kobe was part of the mutiny :roll:
That reporter wrote the exact opposite on Saturday after the Lakers beat the Jazz :lol Maybe he should watch the games

Money 23
01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
LookingoutforothersbBE

Deuce Bigalow
01-28-2013, 04:45 PM
LookingoutforothersbBE
Can you tell us how Kobe is copying Jordan on this one? Jordan was the first player ever to support their coach, and Kobe is copying that, like everything else.

Money 23
01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Can you tell us how Kobe is copying Jordan on this one? Jordan was the first player ever to support their coach, and Kobe is copying that, like everything else.
LOL ... why do you sound like SUCH a salty little female. You're not cute, your sarcasm isn't funny. Bringing up Kobe in every thread in total butt hurt fashion. Wipe the sand out of your camel toe. Making mountains out of mole hills. Turning your Kobe insecurities up to full volume. Chill out dude, I was quite the fan of this guy until he turned me off with his play and attitude.

No one was comparing him to MJ on any front here. Get off my tip, and Kobe's.

Side note, the way Kobe has played the past two games is utterly fantastic, and given the roster it is the way he should've been playing the whole season. If he was playing like this too, and the Lakers had a record reflective of their talent, he would've been in legit MVP talks with LeBron and Durant.

TheBigVeto
01-28-2013, 08:21 PM
LOL ... why do you sound like SUCH a salty little female. You're not cute, your sarcasm isn't funny. Bringing up Kobe in every thread in total butt hurt fashion. Wipe the sand out of your camel toe. Making mountains out of mole hills. Turning your Kobe insecurities up to full volume. Chill out dude, I was quite the fan of this guy until he turned me off with his play and attitude.

No one was comparing him to MJ on any front here. Get off my tip, and Kobe's.

Side note, the way Kobe has played the past two games is utterly fantastic, and given the roster it is the way he should've been playing the whole season. If he was playing like this too, and the Lakers had a record reflective of their talent, he would've been in legit MVP talks with LeBron and Durant.

That guy is a Kobe-lovin-phaggit, leave him be.

selrahc
01-29-2013, 02:18 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kobe-youre-welcome.gif