PDA

View Full Version : John Wall 3 pointer watch.

Jon_Koncak
01-25-2013, 08:19 PM
John Wall hasnt made a 3 pointer since March 26 of 2012.He's averagin a staggerin 0% this season.Let's see when this franchise pg manages the unthikable and makes a 3 point shot.

andremiller07
01-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Why shoot 3's when you can blow by eveyone and set up teammates or finish? Hes better off shooting midrange shots anyhow.

dunksby
01-25-2013, 08:29 PM
He has not made a three yet???????????!!!!!!!!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/Lady_Fukou/Insanity-Wolf-KILL-HIM-BURN-THE-BOD.jpg

Jon_Koncak
01-25-2013, 08:31 PM
it's just sad when a number 1 pick point guard cant shoot at all.

Collie
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Also, he's one the fastest players in the league, but for some reason I always see him blowing easy layups. It's like he can't control or slow down his speed and has to shoot at full speed.

LikeABosh
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Magic Johnson didn't make threes for the first half of his career

La Frescobaldi
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
awful pain of the eyes watching Wiz/Wolves right now
streaming tears from the stench these teams are sooooooooooooooooooo bad.

wolves injured out of their minds and wiz are just.......... what they are.

wall is pretty amazing on his drives tho no doubt!!

La Frescobaldi
01-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Why shoot 3's when you can blow by eveyone and set up teammates or finish? Hes better off shooting midrange shots anyhow.
makes for a mighty short career for Wall. When he loses a step he's done. He better learn to shoot

tontoz
01-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Wall has only attempted 5 on the season. I don't care that he isn't shooting 3s. It does bother me that he is taking over 4 shots per game from 16-23 feet, shooting 26%.

His jumper is just awful, strange for a guy who is a decent foul shooter.

L.Kizzle
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Magic grew up without a 3 point line. HE didn't have one in college or high school. His rookie season in the league was also the debut on the 3 point line.

KevinNYC
01-25-2013, 09:24 PM

Yeah, but unlike Wall, the three pointed wasn't in effect when he was kid and learning to play the game. The three was not a big feature of the game in the early 80's. Coaches simply didn't use it as much.

La Frescobaldi
01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but unlike Wall, the three pointed wasn't in effect when he was kid and learning to play the game. The three was not a big feature of the game in the early 80's. Coaches simply didn't use it as much.
Kiki place in history should be secure for the fact.

he was one of the first to understand and use devastating 3 ball strategy

with mighty Clyde the Glide driving and slashing an Terry Porter dishing and classic Kiki jab step back to 3 line with vengeance. it was rip city

Myth
01-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Glad I traded him for Jose Calderon early in the season for my fantasy league. I debated if it was worth waiting out Wall's injury, and as it turns out, Calderon has been better even once Wall returned.

steve
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Also, he's one the fastest players in the league, but for some reason I always see him blowing easy layups. It's like he can't control or slow down his speed and has to shoot at full speed.

And yet last season he made 62% of his shots at the rim, which is one of the higher conversion rates (if not the highest) among point guards in the league.

rknine15
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
why shoot threes when u can get layups..... half his three point attempts are half court heaves at the buzzer

Cangri
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
So let me get this straight, this guy doesn't take any long shots and he still at 41% from the field?:roll:

FreezingTsmoove
01-26-2013, 02:31 PM
So let me get this straight, this guy doesn't take any long shots and he still at 41% from the field?:roll:

SERIOUSLY! :cheers:

Any guy coming off a serious injury which caused him half his season should be shooting AT LEAST 45% from the field!

And he's shooting 43% you tard

leopoldstotch
01-26-2013, 03:24 PM
6/61 in his last 88 games in a span of 3 seasons.

:biggums:

leopoldstotch
01-26-2013, 03:28 PM
An interesting statistic with John Wall

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=100&c2stat=fg3_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=.25&c3stat=fg_pct&c3comp=lt&c3val=.42&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fg3_pct

ralph_i_el
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
He never takes any spot up threes. almost all of them are late in the shot clock or at the end of the quarter.

His drives create so many thee pointers though he's obviously a net positive if you look at the # of threes the team takes with him on the floor.

started his first game last night and so far his per 36 #'s are 20.5/9.7

noob cake
01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
An interesting statistic with John Wall

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=100&c2stat=fg3_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=.25&c3stat=fg_pct&c3comp=lt&c3val=.42&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=fg3_pct

Great statistics. PG without a shot won't survive in the NBA. Even Rose added a half broke jumper to his game.

wakencdukest
01-26-2013, 04:38 PM
There's plenty of successful point guards who can't shoot 3's; Tony Parker, Andre Miller, Rondo. It took Kidd what? like 12 years to become a good 3 point shooter. Wall is young, hopefully his shot will come around.

Sigmund Freud
01-26-2013, 04:40 PM
There's plenty of successful point guards who can't shoot 3's; Tony Parker, Andre Miller, Rondo. It took Kidd what? like 12 years to become a good 3 point shooter. Wall is young, hopefully his shot will come around.
Parker shot threes earlier in his career, it's more by design that he doesn't rather than an inability to. His percentages are respectable, as opposed to those of Rondo and Miller.

noob cake
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM

And they weren't the first pick of a draft. They dropped because they lacked an element in fundamental basketball.

Sarcastic
01-26-2013, 05:04 PM
The only stat that matter is the Wiz are 5 -28 without him, and 5 -3 with him.

wakencdukest
01-26-2013, 05:16 PM
And they weren't the first pick of a draft. They dropped because they lacked an element in fundamental basketball.

That's true, but Wall was drafted more for his athleticism, speed, and playmaking ability than his shooting.

Pushxx
01-26-2013, 05:22 PM
You don't have to have a 3-PT shot to be an elite guard. It's never been that way.

senelcoolidge
01-26-2013, 09:22 PM
It has to be poor work ethic. He hasn't improved in 3 years. He will never be considered great because of that. Great players work hard and improve/add to their game.

FreezingTsmoove
01-26-2013, 09:44 PM
It has to be poor work ethic. He hasn't improved in 3 years. He will never be considered great because of that. Great players work hard and improve/add to their game.

He just hit 3 mid range jumpers in the 3rd already. Does it matter so much that he doesn't have a 3pt shot

One of the shots including him stepping into a shot from 3pt range to mid range he just doesn't like taking 3's

RRR3
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Bang :pimp:

RRR3
03-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Just hit another one. 2-18

Clyde
03-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Whats the big deal with him not shooting or making 3's.

Young Wade didn't make many 3's. Neither did Jordan. They seemed to turn out fine.

brandonislegend
03-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Whats the big deal with him not shooting or making 3's.

Young Wade didn't make many 3's. Neither did Jordan. They seemed to turn out fine.

Probably because Jordan and Wade are efficient...

RedBlackAttack
03-09-2013, 10:40 PM
The lack of three-pointers is not an issue for Wall, I don't believe. I think it says something positive about him, in fact, that he understands his outside shooting is not where he is going to make hay at this point in his career, so he doesn't take them. That shows some maturity on his part.

That isn't his game and he knows it.

What concerns me when I look at his numbers -- and this is strictly a statistical thing, since I haven't seen much of the Wiz this year -- is his plummeting assist numbers. His playmaking has always been the thing that made up for some of his other offensive deficiencies.

He's averaging just 5.5 assists in 32+ minutes a game over the last 6 games.

In fact, just 7.1 per game since he came back from injury in early January. That would be a nice number for a Steph Curry or Kyrie Irving, guys who are great scorers who can make shots from anywhere on the floor.

But, for Wall, he needs to be better than that.

Maybe Tontoz or one of the other in the know Wizards fans on the board can explain why his playmaking hasn't been there this year... At least statistically.

RedBlackAttack
03-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Btw, I feel that Wall likely will be a very nice player in this league for his career, but I also don't think he has quite the ridiculous ceiling that a lot of fans indicate simply based on his athleticism.

The reason is, while he is a superior athlete when it comes to straight-line speed and jumping to go along with a ridiculously long frame for a point guard, from what I've seen over the years, he loses a lot of that advantage if you make him change direction when he gets to that top speed. He tends to get out-of-control, he is moving so fast and that shouldn't happen for an elite point guard.

Staying within yourself and being able to change directions on a dime can be far more important than track speed or jumping ability.

Rondo is a good example of a guy who has both... Great straight-line speed and wide frame, but also great at changing speed/direction when the defense dictates it.

I'm also not sure Wall has the elite kind of ball-handling skills that would be almost mandatory to become the best PG in the league without a reliable jumper. His handle is OK, but -- again -- I see him lose control sometimes (once again, haven't seen much of him this year). That may be a product of him moving at warp speed so often, but that would just be another reason that ridiculous track speed may not be the best trait for a point guard.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm coming down too hard on him. He can be a very good defender when his head is in it, he is a very good passer and he can get to the lane pretty much when he wants. Those are three things almost any team would love to have in their point guard.

But, I do think his athleticism and how it translates to the position is a bit over-stated.

For a point guard, quickness trumps speed, balance/coordination trumps leaping. That isn't to say he couldn't develop these areas of his game. He is still a very young player.

And, he and Beal seem to be a near perfect match. They fit together like a glove.

ZaaaaaH
03-10-2013, 12:39 AM
He will make some more within 5 games. Wall was very out of shape when he first got back from injury. Due to stamina and not enough Lift he could not make a DAM Jump shot but Past 3 games he made couple including Game winner. He has recovered not sure if he is 100% but soon we will see some improvement on his Jump shot.

My main concern with Wall is,his decision making towards end of the game. ALWAYS A TurnOver which amazes me.

But his Defense also amazes me.

Greg Oden 50
03-10-2013, 07:24 AM

magic can eat u with his post skills :confusedshrug:

RRR3
03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
3 in one half :applause:

RRR3
03-18-2013, 08:03 PM
He's on fire! I guess he remembered how to shoot threes finally.

tontoz
03-18-2013, 08:07 PM
4 point play tonight, i think his first ever.

Sarcastic
03-18-2013, 08:17 PM
4 point play tonight, i think his first ever.

He's on fire. In no time he should be able to get his first 5 point play.