PDA

View Full Version : Can You Win a Title With Derrick Rose As Your Best Player

SilkkTheShocker
02-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Say he comes back to play like he did pre-injury. Do you feel you can win a title with him as your best player?

Hank
02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/helltotheno_zps4b84feb0.gif

tikay0
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/helltotheno_zps4b84feb0.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mf0tvtSYdP1rbe9qf.gif

Hank
02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mf0tvtSYdP1rbe9qf.gif

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/what-the_zpse37a21d5.gif

BlackWhiteGreen
02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
It obviously depends on who the teammates are. A healthy pre-injury Rose is top 10, but if he has 2 top 20 teammates then they have little excuses for not winning the title. With the team he currently has? No, I don't think he can.

tikay0
02-01-2013, 10:00 AM
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/what-the_zpse37a21d5.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnj2v3rP8E1qm00hqo1_500.gif

Hank
02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnj2v3rP8E1qm00hqo1_500.gif

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/oC0OZ_zpsf5c7b4f1.gif

poido123
02-01-2013, 10:13 AM

SilkkTheShocker
02-01-2013, 10:16 AM
What makes you think they can't? I mean, they are beating good teams without Rose, and they beat the Heat without Rose last time they played. People need to realise this is a much different team to last year, and definately different to the team that played 2 years ago in the finals against the Heat. Noah and Deng are in their prime, guys like butler are making huge strides, Nate and Marco have provided some good scoring punch and Boozer is looking much more comfortable in the system. I think a healthy Bulls team is good enough to take Miami in a series, and alot will depend on how easily Rose gets settled in after long injury layoff. They will need some luck in the matchups in the finals, they do not want to take on a physical pacers team, or even Philly with Bynum...They need an easier run, so they are fresh and ready to take down the Heat, but they will need a good finals run to do it.

Deng might be in his prime, but that guy gets absolutely demolished by LeBron. Like historically, LeBron has owned his soul.

Graviton
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Healthy Bulls can beat any West team, problem is Lebron James and Miami. When you have 3 all-stars that can all score vs 1 all star it doesn't matter if that 1 star is Shaq. Bulls just don't have the fire power to beat the Heat. They may eventually get a championship when Wade declines and Lebron is 30+, but they have little chance now.

Deng can't shoot or create his own shot, and his defense is useless vs Lebron. He has no idea how to guard superstars. Butler is a much better defender.

Hamilton/Bellineli will be slaughtered by Wade, Bulls SG situation is still terrible.

Boozer vanishes in the playoffs vs quick/long PFs like Bosh, bad matchup there too.

Noah/Rose are their only advantages, but Miami has the advantage in other 3 positions. Heat also have better shooters, better bench and just as good a defense on top of better offense with 3pt shooting and fastbreak edge.

Bulls win games by outworking their opponents, problem is everyone plays hard in the playoffs and that edge isn't there.

poido123
02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
It obviously depends on who the teammates are. A healthy pre-injury Rose is top 10, but if he has 2 top 20 teammates then they have little excuses for not winning the title. With the team he currently has? No, I don't think he can.

What makes you think they can't? I mean, they are beating good teams without Rose, and they beat the Heat without Rose last time they played. People need to realise this is a much different team to last year, and definately different to the team that played 2 years ago in the finals against the Heat. Noah and Deng are in their prime, guys like butler are making huge strides, Nate and Marco have provided some good scoring punch and Boozer is looking much more comfortable in the system. I think a healthy Bulls team is good enough to take Miami in a series, and alot will depend on how easily Rose gets settled in after long injury layoff. They will need some luck in the matchups in the finals, they do not want to take on a physical pacers team, or even Philly with Bynum...They need an easier run, so they are fresh and ready to take down the Heat, but they will need a good finals run to do it.

tikay0
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s647/MiamiDpctures/oC0OZ_zpsf5c7b4f1.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzpuwi6oHs1qzikp8o1_400.gif

LoneyROY7
02-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Shout-out to Derrick Rose, man that ni**a nice.

BlackWhiteGreen
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM

Well, for a start, Rose hasn't played a game with this years' team, compared to the efficient machine that is the Heat. He'll need reintegrating, the offense will have to be worked back around him. You're also saying they'll need luck and good matchups to win, which is true, but then that's another variant - at present they'd match up against Atlanta, then New York and Miami without homecourt, and wouldn't have homecourt against the Thunder or Clippers in the Finals. That's a fair amount of luck needed to get an easier run, like Milwaukee then Brooklyn before Miami, and even then, it comes down to the same issues that team had against Miami in 2011 - there isn't a dominant wing scorer, Boozer disappears and it winds up being 1-on-5 offensively and you just can't win 4 games in a series against Miami like that.

If Miami weren't in their path I'd say they have a puncher's chance, although I like NYK to give them a big scare off their insane offensive potential. As it is, they won't get past the conference finals.

poido123
02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Deng might be in his prime, but that guy gets absolutely demolished by LeBron. Like historically, LeBron has owned his soul.

History is meant to be broken. If Deng's soul is owned by Lebron as you say, a strong improvement on that would help Bulls chances immensely right? Let's not forget that series 2 years ago was close, this is a more experienced and cohesive unit now. Key players are playing their best basketball, guys like Marco, Nate, Butler have been great, all that is left now is for Rose to get back and play near his best or better...

MMM
02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I feel Chicago has in place the necessary foundation for an elite guard to win as the best player. However, I don't think they'll be in contention this season because it might be too much to ask for a player to jump right back into it and go through the rigours of a post season.

Rysio
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
of course he can. in this weak era of basketball where all the greats have either retired or are way past their prime this is the time for these fake superstars to get their rings count. it started last year with lebron and looks like it will continue this year.

HylianNightmare
02-01-2013, 11:26 AM
If rose comes back and plays like he did last year and gels with the team,I ****ing hope so

Go Getter
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Of course....but

This current roster need a bit more scoring. I'd like us to get a complimentary scorer at the 2.

Imo a team with a small top player needs a good second scorer. It is too much stress/work for a guy that small to score all the time...

97 bulls
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
He most definitely can. I see him as being another Isiah Thomas. But the Bulls need another player capable of creating his own shot. The FO needs to assembke that team similar to the Bad Boy Pistons of the late 80s

Jasper
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Say he comes back to play like he did pre-injury. Do you feel you can win a title with him as your best player?

NO

that is why they were trying to recruit Lebron and or D-Wade(.)

97 bulls
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
NO

that is why they were trying to recruit Lebron and or D-Wade(.)
GTFO. Then James must not be good enough either right?

guy
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes. Just cause something hasn't happened i.e. a player like Derrick Rose winning a title as the best player doesn't mean it can't happen. Its silly logic when we only have about 60 years of history to go by, not to mention certain players dominating for multiple years. Its not like the NBA has this relatively huge history. Before Magic, Bird, and Jordan no one like them had won before. Shit, just two years ago Dirk won, and there was no one like him before.

nathanjizzle
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
d rose will shut the miami heats window faster than pauk would nut with lebrons dick in his ass.

Jolokia
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
If they could've gotten Jason Kidd instead of Nate Rob, I think that could've put them over the top. His leadership and error-free basketball is exactly what they need imo. Rose would still be the clear-cut #1 option but with a lot less pressure throughout the game. He would still have a bunch of isos, but now have that second option of playing like Wade to conserve energy until the 4th quarter. So basically, Rose would play shooting guard on offense and point guard on defense.

Hinrich and Rip can come off the bench and do what they do. A bench of

Hinrich
Hamilton
Butler
Gibson
Mohammed

Provides just enough scoring and defense...or at least enough defense to keep the game close. If they could've kept Asik, that would've been the icing on the cake. I like their squad as it is though, but I don't think they will win with it. They're missing one player...maybe if they had Bosh instead of Boozer?

Skywalker
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM
yes

Bulls are gonna be a PROBLEM this year

arifgokcen
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Most of the dont realize is as good as bulls is with 100% rose.Their shot at banner is not that much better than denver's.They just dont have the firepower to win it all.Assuming they get past miami(which i highly doubt)they would probably go against OKC.100% is not that much better than rose.Durant is much better than 100% rose.They just cant compete against them on the offensive end.They might take 2 games because of their rebounding and defense.Note OKC is one of the best rebounding teams as well.

stephanieg
02-01-2013, 12:46 PM
No.

Luckily for the Bulls, he's not, so they don't have to run that experiment.

Chicago Brawls
02-01-2013, 12:54 PM
You couldn't win the title with Dirk Nowitzki as your best player for like 10 years.

And then, you could.

nathanjizzle
02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
you couldnt win with lebron as your best player for 7 years

and rose has only played 3 healthy seasons:roll:

ShaqAttack3234
02-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Of course a team could win a title with Rose as the best player. Rose was the best player on the 2011 Bulls. They won 62 games, and despite the 5 game loss were competitive against Miami. Rose had a really poor series, and in most cases will play much better than he did in that series.

Actually winning a title, and being capable of it are two different things. Plus, it's not all about your best player, it's the entire team. The 2004 Pistons won with Ben Wallace as their best player and got right back to game 7 of the finals the next year. If the 2000 Blazers don't blow a 15 point 4th quarter lead in game 7, they enter the finals as the favorites to win a title with Sheed as their best player. And they'd have faced a team whose best player was Reggie Miller. The 2010 Celtics lost a close game 7, and with KG's injury still limiting him, as well as his age, nobody on that team was a first-tier superstar anymore.

Before Rose's injury, he was a borderline top 5 player so he's better than quite a few best players we've seen on recent championship contenders. It remains to be seen how he returns from his injury, but despite an injury-plagued 2012 season and his numbers being down, I thought his playmaking and decision making had improved.

Plus, even going back to college and that 7 game series vs the Celtics when he was a rookie, Rose has always seemed like a winner to me.

KyrieTheFuture
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
You can, but they wont.

imdaman99
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Sure why not. Just a few months ago we found out a team with Lebron James could win one. Albeit a shortened season :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Sure why not. Just a few months ago we found out a team with Lebron James could win one. Albeit a shortened season :oldlol:

http://blog.cakepoker.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/5/lebron-james-knicks-bound.jpg

imdaman99
02-01-2013, 02:38 PM
In the end I'm glad he didn't he come to the Knicks. We'd have you as a bandwagoner.

This is what's become of this fool :roll: she makes a troll thread, I give a proper response only to have her troll some more but off topic. Should have known better :lol

KyrieTheFuture
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Explain why this is significant. By your logic the Knicks have no legitimate titles since it didn't take them 16 playoff wins. See anyone can just put retarded parameters on a championship to discredit teams. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

imdaman99
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Explain why this is significant. By your logic the Knicks have no legitimate titles since it didn't take them 16 playoff wins. See anyone can just put retarded parameters on a championship to discredit teams. Just stop embarrassing yourself.
Every year of a full season, at the end of the playoffs... Lebron looks gassed. Tell me I'm wrong. Last year he was not, in a 66 game season. Stop embarrassing myself because he won a title in a shortened season? Let's see him do it this year, and I will shut up about winning a title in a shortened season. This is a full season, and him having so much wear on his legs from carrying the Heat all year will leave him gassed. 15 games before the 1st round went to a 7 game series is a lot different from 66 and 82, don't you think?

Anyways this is a D-Rose thread, which the f@ggot OP made to troll anyway.

LongLiveTheKing
02-01-2013, 03:20 PM
No, he cant' hit free throws in the clutch. Heat demolished him before and they'll continue to.

kshutts1
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
As most people have said, of course a team can win the title with Rose as their best player.

But this Bulls team doesn't seem to be well-enough constructed. Get them a second reliable scorer, and I'd say they're right up there with the Heat. Without a second reliable scorer, they still have a shot, but Rose has to ball out of his mind, and Lebron has to play like he has in the past, and Wade has to stay hurt.

(e)
02-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Bulls would definitely be contenders if he comes back as we know him.

I think Chicago still needs a 2 guard who can create his own shot, but they do have a capable player in that regard with Nate.

The one team Chicago would need him would be against Miami. And I'd feel comfortable having Nate create against Mario or Cole.

But on the current Bulls team, the X factor in the Playoffs is definitely going to be Carlos Boozer. Every Bulls fan was calling for his head after we lost to Miami in the ECF. He's a guy that should be able to shoulder some of the scoring load, and Chicago becomes a more complete team when he's on his game.

So yes, a Derrick Rose led team can definitely win it all. He's capable of closing out close games and is a clear leader on the floor. Basketball is still a team game though, and nobody is winning a title without relying on a few guys to get the job done. I think the current Bulls roster has enough to get it done, but there are other teams just as capable - if not more capable in Miami and OKCs cases.

kNicKz
02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
In the end I'm glad he didn't he come to the Knicks. We'd have you as a bandwagoner.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt35/uvbeenpotod/CasScared.gif

the thought...

Legends66NBA7
02-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Yes, you can win a title with Rose as the best player. However, since he is coming of a serious injury, it's going to important to see how he plays from here on out.

Even before the injury, there were improvements that I wanted to see from his game, which includes improved shooting and improved defense (I definitely saw that in the lockout season, before he got hurt). Rose should probably return to form and give the Bulls a boost, but it will also be the amazing defense and rebounding around him that will be key.

Doranku
02-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Maybe if LeBron got hit by a bus.

KyrieTheFuture
02-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Every year of a full season, at the end of the playoffs... Lebron looks gassed. Tell me I'm wrong. Last year he was not, in a 66 game season. Stop embarrassing myself because he won a title in a shortened season? Let's see him do it this year, and I will shut up about winning a title in a shortened season. This is a full season, and him having so much wear on his legs from carrying the Heat all year will leave him gassed. 15 games before the 1st round went to a 7 game series is a lot different from 66 and 82, don't you think?

Anyways this is a D-Rose thread, which the f@ggot OP made to troll anyway.

You're right its way easier to play games back to back to back way less tiring thats why old teams performed better and no one got injured right? You're a moron. It's not like the Heat had a 66 game schedule and no one else did. The competition was even. Again why cherrypick this season when most of the seasons in the NBA have had varying amounts of games to win a championship? Don't answer everyone knows its just cause you want to discredit LeBron.

imdaman99
02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
You're right its way easier to play games back to back to back way less tiring thats why old teams performed better and no one got injured right? You're a moron. It's not like the Heat had a 66 game schedule and no one else did. The competition was even. Again why cherrypick this season when most of the seasons in the NBA have had varying amounts of games to win a championship? Don't answer everyone knows its just cause you want to discredit LeBron.
Name-calling. Wonderful. Already means you're at a loss in this argument. 66 games is a lot less than 82. 82 games is 16 games more. Want me to me do more math? Want me to get pauk to figure out how many minutes he played last year as opposed to disappearing against the Mavs and Celtics in 2 previous years? No, because somehow 82 games being more than 66 does not compute in your head. Everyone else also played 66, but not everyone else is built for 66 game seasons like Lebron is. Means he had 16 less games to wear himself out.

82-66=16

That's the math, use a calculator if you do not believe me

a ring is a ring is a ring. whether it has an asterisk or not, it's still a ring :applause:

tikay0
02-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Lebron's title run was probably one of the weakest of this ERA.

imdaman99
02-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Lebron's title run was probably one of the weakest of this ERA.
Don't tell that to lebron lovers. That makes you a hater.

tikay0
02-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Don't tell that to lebron lovers. That makes you a hater.

We know it. They know it. Everyone knows it. It's the elephant in the room. No one brings it up, because they'd look like big time haters.

It's the truth.

nightprowler10
02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
You couldn't win the title with Dirk Nowitzki as your best player for like 10 years.

And then, you could.
This.

Glide2keva
02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
You know Derrick is returning soon when all the random Rose hate threads start popping up.

#SOON

Glide2keva
02-01-2013, 07:38 PM
We know it. They know it. Everyone knows it. It's the elephant in the room. No one brings it up, because they'd look like big time haters.

It's the truth.Funny that no one downs him about that. They didn't face the best competition last year and they know they dodged a bullet. Had Rose and Noah not gotten hurt, it would've been a rematch in the ECF's and it would've been anyone's series.

Heat fans know it and everyone knew when Rose went down that Miami had a clear path to the Finals.

imdaman99
02-01-2013, 07:40 PM
You know Derrick is returning soon when all the random Rose hate threads start popping up.

#SOON
dude its not even a lotta haters. i used to hate rose being a knicks fan, but i want him back already. i wish him well too. its the same trolls over and over creating the same shitty threads. i dont know if its the lack of a neg system, but this guy is non-stop trolling

Glide2keva
02-01-2013, 07:52 PM
dude its not even a lotta haters. i used to hate rose being a knicks fan, but i want him back already. i wish him well too. its the same trolls over and over creating the same shitty threads. i dont know if its the lack of a neg system, but this guy is non-stop trolling
Yeah I know.

I want him back also. But I want him back when he's ready.

tikay0
02-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Funny that no one downs him about that. They didn't face the best competition last year and they know they dodged a bullet. Had Rose and Noah not gotten hurt, it would've been a rematch in the ECF's and it would've been anyone's series.

Heat fans know it and everyone knew when Rose went down that Miami had a clear path to the Finals.

precisely.

GreatGreg
02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes... But he'll need a complimentary All-NBAer to do so.

Glide2keva
02-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes... But he'll need a complimentary All-NBAer to do so.
He's got two all-stars now and Boozer could've been one too. The role players will be the most important piece.

greymatter
02-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Name-calling. Wonderful. Already means you're at a loss in this argument. 66 games is a lot less than 82. 82 games is 16 games more. Want me to me do more math? Want me to get pauk to figure out how many minutes he played last year as opposed to disappearing against the Mavs and Celtics in 2 previous years? No, because somehow 82 games being more than 66 does not compute in your head. Everyone else also played 66, but not everyone else is built for 66 game seasons like Lebron is. Means he had 16 less games to wear himself out.

82-66=16

That's the math, use a calculator if you do not believe me

a ring is a ring is a ring. whether it has an asterisk or not, it's still a ring :applause:

Useless argument. They played a condensed schedule and if anything, it was actually more grueling than the normal 82. In any case, bitching about Lebron having 16 less games to wear himself out as some sort of unfair advantage (nevermind that hes among the most durable and best conditioned guys in the game and everyone else got to play fewer games too) is about as stupid an argument that can be made with regards to his ring being tainted.

knicksman
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
No. never has been in the history of the nba that a score first pg carried his team to a championship. If rich mans version in Lebron needed wade and bosh, how much more for rose.

greymatter
02-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Funny that no one downs him about that. They didn't face the best competition last year and they know they dodged a bullet. Had Rose and Noah not gotten hurt, it would've been a rematch in the ECF's and it would've been anyone's series.

What bullet was that?

Your team sucked balls and just plain choked. With or without Rose there was no excuse losing to Philly. The Bulls won 70 % of their games that Rose sat out with their defense and rebounding.

Youd have to be either ignorant or an imbecile to claim that the Heat had a clear path. Miami got all it could handle when Bosh was out and with Wade struggling most of the time on a bum knee.

Lebron23
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Miami beat a much better Bulls team in the 2011 NBA Playoffs. The Miami Heat beat the Thunder in the NBA Finals. The Thunder beat the Mavericks. Lakers. and the veteran Spurs in the western conference playoffs.

Let's see if Rose can come back from his injury. Bulls are a playoffs team without Rose.

Ikill
02-01-2013, 11:06 PM
It depends on the team and who they play

tikay0
02-01-2013, 11:14 PM
No. never has been in the history of the nba that a score first pg carried his team to a championship. If rich mans version in Lebron needed wade and bosh, how much more for rose.

Someone doesn't understand team philosophy, cohesion, structure and chemistry.

Lebron23
02-01-2013, 11:27 PM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2567507_o.gif

Jasper
02-02-2013, 02:38 AM
GTFO. Then James must not be good enough either right?
explain why your Bull's were trying to recruit Lebron as well as D-wade to come to Chicono ?

HeII they were even trying to get Bosh to play with Rose.... :coleman:

CavaliersFTW
02-02-2013, 02:40 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzpuwi6oHs1qzikp8o1_400.gif
http://th975.photobucket.com/albums/ae239/istoleallthese/th_IceCube.gif

Budadiiii
02-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Absolutely not. Silly question.

Sarcastic
02-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Remember when they said Dirk couldn't win?

Jasper
02-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Remember when they said Dirk couldn't win?
then they got Chandler , top 3 5 and Kidd expert game controler and play maker..

Magic bird
02-02-2013, 03:15 AM
With his current team, I think he can.

Rip Hamilton: Automatic from mid and 3 on a good night. Albeight on the downturn of his career.

Luol Deng: Terrific Defender who is a above average cutter and a deadeye from 3

Joakim Noah: Hustle, Energy, Rebounding, Passing. The four facets of his game that make him a versatile and effective player to be playing alongside rose

Carlos Boozer: Knack for the ball, Good hands, Good back to basket game. Double doubles on a good night. Sometimes inconsistent

Combine this team with a bench with Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, Kirk Hinrich and Marco Bellinelli and you have a championship contender

Whether they ever win is the question.

Pushxx
02-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Healthy Bulls can beat any West team, problem is Lebron James and Miami. When you have 3 all-stars that can all score vs 1 all star it doesn't matter if that 1 star is Shaq.

Prime Shaq is almost single-handedly destroying Miami. Nobody on that team could even think about covering him.