PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is still super fast

LBJ 23
02-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Look at this speed by a 265 lbs guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3A6QclmOc

ganja0710
02-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Seen that. Lowry was way ahead of him too before LeBron took off.

Money 23
02-03-2013, 05:50 PM
His speed never took a drop off, we were worried about his quickness and first step.

Velocirap31
No kidding he's super fast. That's exactly what I said after that play. He can just turn it on and sprint quick.

BrickingStar
Not Worthy

Bandito
02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
He's supuer fast but let's not pretend that Lowry was running a full speed either. He was like "fu(k it I am not stopping that tank" :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-03-2013, 05:54 PM
That is one hell of an athlete folks ...

Money 23
02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Now that is one hell of an athlete ...
Absurd.

Now, if only James White had game.

Mr. Jabbar
02-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Not thread worthy.

negged.

BrickingStar
02-03-2013, 05:59 PM
He's supuer fast but let's not pretend that Lowry was running a full speed either. He was like "fu(k it I am not stopping that Freight Train" :lol
fixed, much faster which adds up too more power in impact.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Absurd.

Now, if only James White had game.

Just imagining that isn't fair. :oldlol:

Pretty cool that he's in this years dunk contest though. The guy's hangtime is unreal.

TheCorporation
02-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Bron with the quickness

Money 23
02-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Just imagining that isn't fair. :oldlol:

Pretty cool that he's in this years dunk contest though. Guy's hangtime is unreal.
It is ... and that explosion is ridiculous. There is a point in all his free-throw line dunks, where it seems like in mid-air he jumps AGAIN yet his feet never touch the ground for propulsion. Like he just keeps elevating and elevating. But to be honest, he's not an in game dunker. He's a dunk contest guy.

When I played for DePaul on the practice squad, they used to get us seats right behind the bench. My freshman year we were still in the same conference as Cincinnati. So I got to see this guy from floor level in warm ups doing dunks. And my god, it's un-real. Then as the game started my thoughts shifted to how terrible of a basketball player he was, even though he's an insane athlete.

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 06:32 PM
what's with these retarded over the top numbers that Lebron weighs? He's more like 250lbs if even that.

AngelEyes
02-03-2013, 06:33 PM
what's with these retarded over the top numbers that Lebron weighs? He's more like 250lbs if even that.

He came into the league at 240 lbs....

Money 23
02-03-2013, 06:39 PM
And he probably weighs like 260 now, max. But I've heard people call him 275, etc. It's absurd. He doesn't weigh THAT much.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-03-2013, 06:39 PM
It is ... and that explosion is ridiculous. There is a point in all his free-throw line dunks, where it seems like in mid-air he jumps AGAIN yet his feet never touch the ground for propulsion. Like he just keeps elevating and elevating. But to be honest, he's not an in game dunker. He's a dunk contest guy.

When I played for DePaul on the practice squad, they used to get us seats right behind the bench. My freshman year we were still in the same conference as Cincinnati. So I got to see this guy from floor level in warm ups doing dunks. And my god, it's un-real. Then as the game started my thoughts shifted to how terrible of a basketball player he was, even though he's an insane athlete.

Nice man. You def got more game than me. :oldlol:

You know what's funny? Once White annihilates this years contest, teams are gonna be throwing themselves at him. No game? Broke fundamentals? Who gives a shit. He can dunk the basketball!

iirc, NY only signed him for this year. I could see that moron Jim Buss giving him a multiyear deal.

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 06:46 PM

only problem is that wasn't his real weight. Look at guys like Melo 230lbs, Ibaka 235, Blake Griffin 250lbs, and Josh Smith 225lbs. Now tell me James weight 265lbs. The NBA lies about height and weight like WWE. They want them to be bigger then life to the average person.

BrickingStar
02-03-2013, 06:49 PM
only problem was that wasn't his real weight.
I see so your eyes can determine the weight of a player? Cav fans delusional as always

Money 23
02-03-2013, 06:54 PM
only problem is that wasn't his real weight. Look at guys like Melo 230lbs, Ibaka 235, Blake Griffin 250lbs, and Josh Smith 225lbs. Now tell me James weight 265lbs. The NBA lies about height and weight like WWE. They want them to be bigger then life to the average person.
True. I met Iverson when I had season tickets to the Pistons. Heights claimed he was what? 6'? I met him and he was my height, exactly, only with MUCH longer arms. My pops, who is 6'3 was a solid half a head taller than him.

NBA players in person are very tall, yes, but they are more long than anything else. Long skinny legs, extremely long arms. They aren't very stocky. Ironically why I hate the NBA 2k player models, and prefer the Live player models.

Any NBA cat you see on tv, and they look bulky, subtract 10 pounds. TV adds 10 pounds, which is very visible flesh. In person they are much more sleek and streamlined.

AngelEyes
02-03-2013, 06:56 PM
And he probably weighs like 260 now, max. But I've heard people call him 275, etc. It's absurd. He doesn't weigh THAT much.

You're right, 275 is absurd.

AngelEyes
02-03-2013, 06:58 PM
True. I met Iverson when I had season tickets to the Pistons. Heights claimed he was what? 6'? I met him and he was my height, exactly, only with MUCH longer arms. My pops, who is 6'3 was a solid half a head taller than him.

NBA players in person are very tall, yes, but they are more long than anything else. Long skinny legs, extremely long arms. They aren't very stocky. Ironically why I hate the NBA 2k player models, and prefer the Live player models.

Any NBA cat you see on tv, and they look bulky, subtract 10 pounds. TV adds 10 pounds, which is very visible flesh. In person they are much more sleek and streamlined.

When MJ played baseball you could see how lean NBA players are compared to baseball players. He didn't look right.

red1
02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
His speed never took a drop off, we were worried about his quickness and first step.
Yeah. It was never about full-court speed, it was more about the fact that he seemed to lose the ability to blow by his man with ease going 1on1. I actually agree with that, young bron had a better first step for sure. It isnt too much of a stretch to say that his increased bulk is slowing down his first step.

arifgokcen
02-03-2013, 07:03 PM

Lebron himself said he is 260+ in an interview with magic

Back in cavs days before shaq came.Delonte west in an interview when asked who is the heaviest guy he said lebron.Big Z weighed around 260-265lbs back then.

In a miami report during camp they said he weighed 266lbs and was in excellent shape.

Most people who have seen him live says he is much bigger then they thought.

Lebron is mostly being compared to howard.Their upper body arent that far off.

He is most definitely 260+.I dont know how much exactly but every single detail points to him being 260lbs+.

If you still dont believe it.Thats your idiocy.Nothing more.

Money 23
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah. It was never about full-court speed, it was more about the fact that he seemed to lose the ability to blow by his man with ease going 1on1. I actually agree with that, young bron had a better first step for sure. It isnt too much of a stretch to say that his increased bulk is slowing down his first step.
Absolutely not, bro. In fact, if I was his trainer, I'd ask him to cut his weight down to what he looked like at in 2006 or 2007. It helps the aging process. It would allow him to play his perimeter game at a high level, without excessive need for picks, and he could still play his post game. All that weight he has now, while cutting and trying to change directions as basically a power forward sized POINT GUARD, that takes its toll on your ligaments, knees, and ankles.

MJ lost weight to fight age, Kobe has lost weight to fight age. Bron needs to do the same thing. Unless to extend his career he fully plans to morph into Karl Malone, but a superior passing, athletic version. He's got a long career ahead of him, but I like him playing PG, so I'd advise him if I knew him to cut his weight down to what he was in the 2006 or 2007 seasons.

But ... that Miami club life be killing that weight loss with all the drinking. It's hard to compete with club LIV packed to the brim with fine, smoking, exotic, latina snatch.

:facepalm my life ... these guys have it made.

red1
02-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Absolutely not, bro. In fact, if I was his trainer, I'd ask him to cut his weight down to what he looked like at in 2006 or 2007. It helps the aging process. It would allow him to play his perimeter game at a high level, without excessive need for picks, and he could still play his post game. All that weight he has now, while cutting and trying to change directions as basically a power forward sized POINT GUARD, that takes its toll on your ligaments, knees, and ankles.

MJ lost weight to fight age, Kobe has lost weight to fight age. Bron needs to do the same thing. Unless to extend his career he fully plans to morph into Karl Malone, but a superior passing, athletic version. He's got a long career ahead of him, but I like him playing PG, so I'd advise him if I knew him to cut his weight down to what he was in the 2006 or 2007 seasons.

But ... that Miami club life be killing that weight loss with all the drinking. It's hard to compete with club LIV packed to the brim with fine, smoking, exotic, latina snatch.

:facepalm my life ... these guys have it made.
Lmao true. His perimeter game is going to fall off three years from now if he doesnt lose weight but for some reason I dont think he will go that route and will instead continue what he has been doing the past few seasons learning the inside out game and working on his postscoring.

It sucks that we probably wont be seeing the hyperathletic pointguard lebron covering the whole court but I think in a few years he will be a very different yet equally effective player. I can see 32-33 year old lebron being a defensive force with a well developed postgame. Since duncan is a centre bron will have a chance to be goat at two positions. KG, malone, barkley, dirk - bron has enough time to surpass them all since he already won a chip playing powerforward

Money 23
02-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Lmao true. His perimeter game is going to fall off three years from now if he doesnt lose weight but for some reason I dont think he will go that route and will instead continue what he has been doing the past few seasons learning the inside out game and working on his postscoring.

It sucks that we probably wont be seeing the hyperathletic pointguard lebron covering the whole court but I think in a few years he will be a very different yet equally effective player. I can see 32-33 year old lebron being a defensive force with a well developed postgame. Since duncan is a centre bron will have a chance to be goat at two positions. KG, malone, barkley, dirk - bron has enough time to surpass them all since he already won a chip playing powerforward
Chea, if he doesn't lose weight and continue to the perimeter game. He will probably evolve into a elbow extended PF, akin to Karl Malone, with superior passing ability, and off the dribble capabilities. Him training with Hakeem was him already acknowledging he will need to evolve with age. That's why in 2014 he needs to head back to Cleveland and try and win a ring with Kyrie Irving.

ihoopallday
02-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Cool, another debate about LeBron's weight.

Money 23
02-03-2013, 07:32 PM
When MJ played baseball you could see how lean NBA players are compared to baseball players. He didn't look right.
Absolutely. So lanky, so lean. Their legs, and arms are just so long.

daballa13
02-03-2013, 07:38 PM

Yeah like how Austin Rivers skinny ****in ass came into the league at 200 lbs, get the **** out of here. LeBron is 250 at most he isn't that big, he has big shoulders that give the illusion that he's this monstrous guy.

LBJ 23
02-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Actually I think the main difference with Lebron and other players similarly big(Josh Smith,Griffin, Howard,..) is in the legs not in the upper body. He has extremely massive legs compared to others, especially Dwight who has chicken legs.

So it's not the upper body which makes the difference in weight, it's the lower body.

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 08:06 PM
He is as fast as ever. His quickness and vertical has dipped a bit because of the mass he has put on, but It's a good exchange for his improved inside game

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Actually I think the main difference with Lebron and other players similarly big(Josh Smith,Griffin, Howard,..) is in the legs not in the upper body. He has extremely massive legs compared to others, especially Dwight who has chicken legs.

So it's not the upper body which makes the difference in weight, it's the lower body.
This. his weight gain is looks to be mostly in the legs. http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/lebron-james-past-present-dunk.jpg

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
I see so your eyes can determine the weight of a player? Cav fans delusional as always

What does being a Cavs fan have anything to do with what I said? Just so you know Lebron is my favorite player in the NBA, but you're not going to see me believing some bullshit weight about him. I always question his weight when ppl mentioned even when he played for the Cavs.

Blake Griffin has big legs also. Lebron's legs are not even bigger then Melo's or Smiths. It's an exaggerated weight.

Money 23
02-03-2013, 08:13 PM
LeBron's shoulders and thicker legs than most NBA superstars do give him a bigger, stronger appearance.

arifgokcen
02-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah like how Austin Rivers skinny ****in ass came into the league at 200 lbs, get the **** out of here. LeBron is 250 at most he isn't that big, he has big shoulders that give the illusion that he's this monstrous guy.

What does being a Cavs fan have anything to do with what I said? Just so you know Lebron is my favorite player in the NBA, but you're not going to see me believing some bullshit weight about him. I always question his weight when ppl mentioned even when he played for the Cavs.

Blake Griffin has big legs also. Lebron's legs are not even bigger then Melo's or Smiths. It's an exaggerated weight.

I am gonna have to repeat myself again

The man himself said he is 260+ in an interview with magic.So if you are gonna accuse him of lying about his own weight .........

Back in cavs days before shaq came.Delonte west in an interview when asked who is the heaviest guy he said lebron.Big Z weighed around 260-265lbs back then.

In a miami report during camp they said he weighed 266lbs and was in excellent shape.

He is most definitely 260+.I dont know how much exactly but every single detail points to him being 260lbs+.

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 08:18 PM
I am gonna have to repeat myself again

The man himself said he is 260+ in an interview with magic.So if you are gonna accuse him of lying about his own weight .........

I dont care what you said...since he would never comment on his weight when he played for Cleveland. He's marketing himself if he said that. Thats all I have to say is look at Ibaka and Griffin both have strong builds and weigh less and are even taller. Oh by the way I've seen him live a total of 11 times. If Lebron is 265 then Blake Griffin should be 285-290.

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I dont care what you said...since he would never comment on his weight when he played for Cleveland. He's marketing himself if he said that. Thats all I have to say is look at Ibaka and Griffin both have strong builds and weigh less and are even taller. Oh by the way I've seen him live a total of 11 times. If Lebron is 265 then Blake Griffin should be 285-290.
I think you're confusing being ripped with mass. Ibaka and Griffin are more cut than Lebron, not heavier

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 08:39 PM
I think you're confusing being ripped with mass. Ibaka and Griffin are more cut than Lebron, not heavier

Trust me I'm not confusing anything. You are talking to a guy that is into bodybuilding. Griffin has more mass and is more cut then Lebron, Ibaka body is is a little leaner then Lebrons but he's just taller and more cut.

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Trust me I'm not confusing anything. You are talking to a guy that is into bodybuilding. Griffin has more mass and is more cut then Lebron, Ibaka body is is a little leaner then Lebrons but he's just taller and more cut.
Why would Lebron lie about his weight? He has said it himself that he's over 260.

Money 23
02-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Why would Lebron lie about his weight? He has said it himself that he's over 260.
To give him added mystique, as if he's doing these insane things athletically at an advanced weight.

260 is probably how much he weighs, max. The guy doesn't look 23 - 30 lbs within the 300 mark.

C'mon now. Be realistic.

arifgokcen
02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
It appears you are an idiot.

Repeatedly many other people said he is 260lbs+ if you are gonna just ignore all the facts and the man himself and go ahead believe in that nonsense

BTW i am into bodybuilding too and people just dont weigh what they look.

Lebron (as said before) has some of the biggest joints we have seen and very heavy by nature(bone).

I know from myself most people guess i am around 180lbs at most 190lbs when i say my real weight 214lbs most dont believe it until i step on a scale.I am just heavy by nature.

Another thing a lot of people compare lebron and artest(he was 260 last year) say lebron is just as big if not bigger and lebron has an inch on him and lebron is probably stronger too.

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 08:47 PM
To give him added mystique, as if he's doing these insane things athletically at an advanced weight.

260 is probably how much he weighs, max. The guy doesn't look 23 - 30 lbs within the 300 mark.

C'mon now. Be realistic.
Who said that? He said he's 260 or so and that's how much I think he is. Anyone who thinks he's like 280 is an idiot

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 08:47 PM
BRB 265lbs and look like this while when not wearing basketball gear
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/9bf357a5-b9e8-6635-4988-5ff6955190db-lifestyle_fb_SS0227_LebronJames.jpg

dbk123
02-03-2013, 08:49 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2003&source=All&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

Official draft measurements. /thread

Came in to the league as a 245 lb 17 year old. He is at least 260 lbs.

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 08:49 PM
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/9bf357a5-b9e8-6635-4988-5ff6955190db-lifestyle_fb_SS0227_LebronJames.jpg
Can you rephrase what you'r trying to say?

Money 23
02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Who said that? He said he's 260 or so and that's how much I think he is. Anyone who thinks he's like 280 is an idiot
People have insinuated he's heavier. I'd say the heaviest he's ever been would be 260.

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Can you rephrase what you'r trying to say?

lolz...I was about to edit it but saw your post and said why bother.

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm sure you guys remember this fella
http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/07-atomicdog-025/image005.jpg was big and had thick legs now what was his weight? It was 240lbs. He made Lebron look small next to him when they played together. That's when I knew his weight was off.

Regardless Lebron is a genetic freak. How many ppl his size has his vertiacal? Not many

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 09:02 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/07-atomicdog-025/image005.jpg was big and had thick legs now what was his weight? It was 240lbs. He made Lebron look small next to him when they played together. That's when I knew his weight was off.

Regardless Lebron is a genetic freak. How many ppl his size has his vertiacal? Not many
240 was Wallace's rookie weight.

inclinerator
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM

made him look small eh

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sb-wallace-james-r.jpg

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/LeBron+James+Ben+Wallace+Orlando+Magic+v+Cleveland +Ovefn-1btgHl.jpg

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
240 was Wallace's rookie weight.
that's how much he weighed when he played for the Cavs.

NattyPButter
02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
made him look small eh

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sb-wallace-james-r.jpg

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/LeBron+James+Ben+Wallace+Orlando+Magic+v+Cleveland +Ovefn-1btgHl.jpg

how about looking at video. I watched them live not angled pictures.

inclinerator
02-03-2013, 09:10 PM
i watched them live too, wallace was much smaller than his piston days

Big Cheese
02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
:facepalm you cant just look at someone and can tell how much they weigh dummy. Everyone is different and carry their weight differently.

LikeABosh
02-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Just stop it. This is a ridicules argument. Lebron himself said he is 260+, If you really think he's lying for some reason, how do you explain him weighing in at 245 at the pre draft measurements? You think that's a lie too?

arifgokcen
02-03-2013, 09:19 PM
:facepalm you cant just look at someone and can tell how much they weigh dummy. Everyone is different and carry their weight differently.
Dude every proof we have shown him he just pushed it aside.

Just dont waste your time with this NattyPButter idiot

tazb
02-04-2013, 02:45 AM
LeBron weighs in-between 260-280, no way he would be able to run that fast weighing 285+, that would be insane.

DCL
02-04-2013, 02:51 AM
they're just intimidated when lebron's at full speed, so they just slow down to a jog and don't even try, which makes lebron look faster than he is. but look at lowry. he's like "f--k no, i ain't even gonna try." he's half-ass jogging like it's warm ups.

Round Mound
02-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Kids Of Today Are Trying to Pump Him Up as If He Was a Freak of Nature Like Charles Barkley Was :facepalm Don`t Get Me Wrong He Is Still a Freak of Nature for a Man that Size but Kids Overrate Him and Try to Pump Him Way Too Much.

No Way His Lower Torso is that Heavy. Infact, He Has a Thin Lower Torso (leggs, butt) Compared to Guys like Charles, Shaq, Mahorn etc and his Upper Body is Not That Big: He Aint Karl Malone or Dwight Howard-like

He is at Around 250-255 lbs at most. Still Very Mobile, Quick, Fast, Potent for a Man that Tall.

arifgokcen
02-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Kids Of Today Are Trying to Pump Him Up as If He Was a Freak of Nature Like Charles Barkley Was :facepalm Don`t Get Me Wrong He Is Still a Freak of Nature for a Man that Size but Kids Overrate Him and Try to Pump Him Way Too Much.

No Way His Lower Torso is that Heavy. Infact, He Has a Thin Lower Torso (leggs, butt) Compared to Guys like Charles, Shaq, Mahorn etc and his Upper Body is Not That Big: He Aint Karl Malone or Dwight Howard-like

He is at Around 250-255 lbs at most. Still Very Mobile, Quick, Fast, Potent for a Man that Tall.

Everything points him being 260+.

A lot of players said he is 260+.

The man himself said he is 260+.

I dont understand i am very sensible man.Just show me any proof besides "he cant be 260lbs+"

You just show pictures and compare him to other players which shows that you know nothing about human body.I look 180-190lbs but i am 216 in reality. So just showing a photo is not gonna prove anything and even photos shows he is more than 260lbs.Compare him to artest of last year or howard and dont forget he has unbelievably big joints and his lower body is just as big as his upper body unlike most heavy players.

Magic bird
02-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Wow. Just wow.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

All Net
02-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Most unstoppable force on the break no dout about it. Speed and crazy strength.

DCL
02-04-2013, 06:47 AM
250-260 is not a significant difference...

i'm 4 inches shorter than bron, and i can fluctuate 10 lbs in a week.

SacJB Shady
02-04-2013, 07:16 AM

Lebron looks pretty good shape to me. People are acting like he needs to get on Jenny Craig. I don't understand. If he has muscles, that actually helps you burn a few more calories anyways. It's all about body composition. Looking at the pic above, I don't see any bulging gut, triple chin, or anything like that. i don't see fat period.

Blue&Orange
02-04-2013, 07:36 AM
This is why it's so hard no to troll Lebron fans.

When Lowry started to run, Lebron was already at full speed. Even i would blow by Usain Bolt if i passed by him at full speed while he was just starting.

And to make it worse, when Lowry was side by side with Lebron he stopped running, because he knew he couldn't stop Lebron from scoring, because that was the goal, not getting to the finish line first.

Your knowledge of physics and common sense have to be close to null, to reach the conclusion from that video that Lebron is super fast.

LBJ 23
02-04-2013, 08:03 AM

When Lowry started to run, Lebron was already at full speed. Even i would blow by Usain Bolt if i passed by him at full speed while he was just starting.

And to make it worse, when Lowry was side by side with Lebron he stopped running, because he knew he couldn't stop Lebron from scoring, because that was the goal, not getting to the finish line first.

Your knowledge of physics and common sense have to be close to null, to reach the conclusion from that video that Lebron is super fast.

What the hell? F*** Lowry, look how quickly lebron sprints from one end of the court to the other. Look how quickly he's moving his feet for the guy of his size(remember, bigger guys usually look slower if you're just looking at their feet movement cuz of their tad slower but longer steps compared to smaller guys). So again F*** lowry, I wasn't even watching him to conclude that Lebron is super fast.

Blue&Orange
02-04-2013, 08:20 AM
What the hell? F*** Lowry, look how quickly lebron sprints from one end of the court to the other. Look how quickly he's moving his feet for the guy of his size(remember, bigger guys usually look slower if you're just looking at their feet movement cuz of their tad slower but longer steps compared to smaller guys). So again F*** lowry, I wasn't even watching him to conclude that Lebron is super fast.
plenty of references to Lowry on this thread.

Now just look to when Lebron started to run, ball was not even in Heat possession and he was already sprinting. Lebron always looking for that easy high percentage shot.

It's easy to look fast when everyone else is just standing around... but yeah he is the one coasting through regular season.

LBJ 23
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
OK. He's not way above average fast for a guy of his size. That's why it's sooo stupid to call him super-fast. Hell, Birdman is probably faster than him. There you go, now you're probably happy and you can exit the thread with your irrational hatred :cheers:

DCL
02-04-2013, 08:42 AM
lebron's not the *strongest* nor the *fastest* guy out there.

BUT that don't matter cause lebron is faster than everyone who's as big as he is, and he's stronger than everyone who's as fast as he is. so you put anyone up against him, lebron's gonna have the advantage all day.

Blue&Orange
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
OK. He's not way above average fast for a guy of his size. That's why it's sooo stupid to call him super-fast. Hell, Birdman is probably faster than him. There you go, now you're probably happy and you can exit the thread with your irrational hatred :cheers:
Everyone knows he is fast for his size, that video proves nothing about him being super fast, and is not thread worthy.

You give Lebron's mindset, always looking for easy high percentages shots, for example to Ibaka or Iguodala and you will have tons of videos like that from them.

I leave thread now, ok? :cheers:

LBJ 23
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
I leave thread now, ok? :cheers:

Nah, I'm in a good mood now, I allow you to be in for some more time if you wish. Just don't test my patience with stupid comments...

:pimp:

Blue&Orange
02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Nah, I'm in a good mood now, I allow you to be in for some more time if you wish. Just don't test my patience with stupid comments...

:pimp:
:lol Ok, and just because i'm really annoying. Looking to where he started to run and to where he stopped (on the jump), it's fair to say he covered 3/4 Court. He took ~4 seconds, i would say 3.6\3.8s.

http://speedendurance.com/2010/06/08/usain-bolt-and-basketball-3-4-court-sprint-times/

Derrick favors, 3.25s, Larry freaking Sanders 3.27s.

Not saying it's the ideal comparison, but you get the point.

pauk
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Lebron looks pretty good shape to me. People are acting like he needs to get on Jenny Craig. I don't understand. If he has muscles, that actually helps you burn a few more calories anyways. It's all about body composition. Looking at the pic above, I don't see any bulging gut, triple chin, or anything like that. i don't see fat period.

lol, its maybe because Lebron might look a bit more "heavier" around the waist area on court because many people dont know he wears these massive hexpads (around his stomach & thighs)...
Wade has something similar aswell: http://ariex.battanet.hu/mcdavid/wade2.jpg

LBJ 23
02-04-2013, 09:36 AM
:lol Ok, and just because i'm really annoying. Looking to where he started to run and to where he stopped (on the jump), it's fair to say he covered 3/4 Court. He took ~4 seconds, i would say 3.6\3.8s.

http://speedendurance.com/2010/06/08/usain-bolt-and-basketball-3-4-court-sprint-times/

Derrick favors, 3.25s, Larry freaking Sanders 3.27s.

Not saying it's the ideal comparison, but you get the point.

That was enough! Get out :mad:

On a serious note, Dwight Howard ran 3.14s, Amare ran 3.25s,.... Don't tell me they are also faster than Lebron? You just can't make those assumptions based on a video. You say Lebron is ~0.5s slower than Favors, Sanders, Howard, Amare,... cmon man now you're reaching

OldSchoolBBall
02-04-2013, 09:41 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. People's weights can vary widely based on their bone and muscle density. I know that personally, people can never believe I weigh what I do (whatever weight I'm at at the time) because I always look 30-50 pounds lighter than what I am at any given point. I remember a couple of winters ago when I had put on some weight, I was playing ball with these guys, and one of them was like 6'8" and thick. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and an athletic frame, for comparison. Dude looked WAY bigger/heavier than me. Somehow we were all waiting for next and the topic of weight comes up somehow. So he goes "I'm 260"; so I said "oh, I have a couple of pounds on you" (I was like 262 at that point). He and his friends couldn't believe it - one of them goes "what are your bones made out of - titanium?" :oldlol:

People always tell me I'm 30-60 pounds lighter than what I am. For reference, in high school/college, I was 195 and still had a six pack. So my natural weight is probably in the 195-210 range. So Lebron could very well be heavier than looking at him might indicate. He also has very powerful legs (as I do), and the quads are the body's largest and densest muscle group, and muscle is heaver than fat, so...

plowking
02-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. People's weights can vary widely based on their bone and muscle density. I know that personally, people can never believe I weigh what I do (whatever weight I'm at at the time) because I always look 30-50 pounds lighter than what I am at any given point. I remember a couple of winters ago when I had put on some weight, I was playing ball with these guys, and one of them was like 6'8" and thick. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and an athletic frame, for comparison. Dude looked WAY bigger/heavier than me. Somehow we were all waiting for next and the topic of weight comes up somehow. So he goes "I'm 260"; so I said "oh, I have a couple of pounds on you" (I was like 262 at that point). He and his friends couldn't believe it - one of them goes "what are your bones made out of titanium?" :oldlol:

People always tell me I'm 30-60 pounds lighter than what I am. For reference, in high school/college, I was 195 and still had a six pack. So my natural weight is probably in the 195-210 range. So Lebron could very well be heavier than looking at him might indicate. He also has very powerful legs (as I do), and the quads are the body's largest and densest muscle group, and muscle is heaver than fat, so...

I'm the complete opposite to you in that regard. People remember me as around 205lbs in highschool in my last year, and now I'm approximately 213lbs, but due to body changing so much due to hitting gym hard the last 4 or 5 years I get told I look 245lbs, or there about.
Still a similar weight, just look bigger. I was wondering that about Bron as well. Maybe he actually hasn't gained that much weight, just all the strength training has changed his body.

JerryWest
02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Lebron is huge but he isn't a thick 6'8 athlete, he's pretty slim which is why he is a freak of nature.

shallehalle
02-04-2013, 05:33 PM

butthurt

arifgokcen
02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. People's weights can vary widely based on their bone and muscle density. I know that personally, people can never believe I weigh what I do (whatever weight I'm at at the time) because I always look 30-50 pounds lighter than what I am at any given point. I remember a couple of winters ago when I had put on some weight, I was playing ball with these guys, and one of them was like 6'8" and thick. I'm 6'1" with broad shoulders and an athletic frame, for comparison. Dude looked WAY bigger/heavier than me. Somehow we were all waiting for next and the topic of weight comes up somehow. So he goes "I'm 260"; so I said "oh, I have a couple of pounds on you" (I was like 262 at that point). He and his friends couldn't believe it - one of them goes "what are your bones made out of - titanium?" :oldlol:

Exactly i know what you mean.

I am always told to be 30-35lbs lighter than i actually am.

Blue&Orange
02-04-2013, 06:43 PM
That was enough! Get out :mad:

On a serious note, Dwight Howard ran 3.14s, Amare ran 3.25s,.... Don't tell me they are also faster than Lebron? You just can't make those assumptions based on a video. You say Lebron is ~0.5s slower than Favors, Sanders, Howard, Amare,... cmon man now you're reaching
hum ok, you can keep your perception based on a video where Lebron is running full speed while everyone else is standing still, i keep the facts.

In what game did you see Howard sprint in the court to say he is slower? Where was Lebron super fast speed when he faced a old Shawn Marion?

LBJ 23
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Where was Lebron super fast speed when he faced a old Shawn Marion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgNzBjCk7po

:confusedshrug:

:banana:

Pointguard
02-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Lebron is the biggest version of an super athlete I ever saw (while Shaq was humongous he didn't look like he could necessarily catch you). I saw Lebron in 2009 and he looked to be bigger than 250lbs then. There is nothing small about him. Quentin Richardson looks like a football player up close - his calves are humongous and hes just big in every way. Lebron makes Q look small. Neither Barkley or Shaq give you the impression if you ran behind a brick wall that they could knock it down. With Lebron, you definitely wonder.

Shaq was the first human I saw and thought he could be a different species because of his incredible size and co-ordination but then I saw Yao Ming and he made Shaq look small. Amazingly, Lebron is in their category of overall impressiveness.