PDA

View Full Version : howard says kobe shooting a lot pissed him off

therammingman
02-05-2013, 04:52 AM
"You play with Kobe Bryant you know, he's going to get them up," Howard said. "But, at the same time, I have to find ways to still be effective. I can't allow that to affect how I play. There were a lot of times early in the season where I would get upset you know, because I felt like he shot the ball a lot. And you know, I wanted some touches down low. Do I want touches, yeah. But, whatever I have to do to help this team win, I have to keep my mind in that area."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8915802/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-remains-focused-season

Bucket_Nakedz
02-05-2013, 05:00 AM
orlando, be thankful this whiny b!tch is no longer the face of your franchise.

9erempiree
02-05-2013, 05:00 AM
That's why Dwight is a career loser. You don't win 5 rings being passive.

It's like telling Kobe to stop shooting is like telling MJ to stop shooting.

White Mamba
02-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Trade this kid

Screamingdoom
02-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Oh well he'll have to cope

Trentknicks
02-05-2013, 05:25 AM
That's why Dwight is a career loser. You don't win 5 rings being passive.

It's like telling Kobe to stop shooting is like telling MJ to stop shooting.
Except that MJ is head and shoulders better than Kobe, and then some.

poido123
02-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Even though it is Howard saying this, there is some truth to it. Ever since Kobe has shot the ball less and looked to pass it, the Lakers have started to win games. Funny that...

Magicbe >>> Iversonbe

White Mamba
02-05-2013, 05:37 AM

nothing to do with this.

I wonder what he will say if he went to brooklyn? Deron shooting too much? comon the guy is just sad and pathetic, even when kobe took just 10 shots he wasn't able to get more touches, his offensive game sucks, its that simple.

Shaq shoot much more while kobe shoot much more too, because Shaq is head and shoulders better than howard, and then some.

trade this loser.

9erempiree
02-05-2013, 05:42 AM

no.

They are pretty much similar players. I know that they played in different eras but Kobe would be putting similar or better stats if he played in MJ's era. Where it was more offense oriented.

Doranku
02-05-2013, 05:52 AM
So why couldn't this babyback BITCH have said this to Kobe when Kobe directly confronted him at the players meeting instead of crying in an interviewer about it?

F*ck this f@ggot. I knew this shit would happen. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

SyRyanYang
02-05-2013, 05:54 AM
I agree with everything he said but he should've said it to Kobe's face: Give me the fucing ball you ball-hogging n1gga
On the other hand he can't be efficient with more touches and will have tons of turnovers.
This team is damned either way

Doranku
02-05-2013, 05:58 AM

I hate when people say stuff like this. MJ was CLEARLY better than Kobe, but that doesn't mean he was "head and shoulders, and then some" better than Kobe.

You have to realize how good these guys are at the game of basketball. All the greats.. Jordan, KAJ, Wilt, Magic, Bird, etc. None of them are "head and shoulders" above any of the others. Such a dumb exaggeration.

Jordan is head and shoulders above guys like Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Vince Carter. Not Kobe, or any of the other greats.

The-Legend-24
02-05-2013, 06:01 AM
:oldlol: Why didn't he say that to Kobe in that one meeting? Instead this punk bitch backed down when Kobe confronted his ass, this dude talks to the media way too much. Fcking clown.

The_Yearning
02-05-2013, 06:06 AM
#bitchmade

arifgokcen
02-05-2013, 06:19 AM
no.

They are pretty much similar players. I know that they played in different eras but Kobe would be putting similar or better stats if he played in MJ's era. Where it was more offense oriented.
Dude you are hypocrite.

You were talking about how lebron couldnt even play because of the physicality of 80s and 90s i dont remember the exact words but you were saying something like he would be 20-5-5 player at best if my memory serves me right and now you come here and talk about how MJ era was more offense oriented.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

9erempiree
02-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Dude you are hypocrite.

You were talking about how lebron couldnt even play because of the physicality of 80s and 90s i dont remember the exact words but you were saying something like he would be 20-5-5 player at best if my memory serves me right and now you come here and talk about how MJ era was more offense oriented.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You must have forgotten.

Wasn't me. I hardly watch Lebron play nor do I really talk about him. He's boring on and off the court.

It was probably Larry Bird who I was talking about not being able to play in today's era.

02-05-2013, 06:39 AM
He is not much better than Tyson Chandler but at least Chandler knows his limitations. He gets his points in other ways. He gladly plays the big man on defense and doesn't fret too much on offense.

Dwight thinks he's as good as Hakeem and wants touches.

He deserve no touches at all but dunks off of misses.

Pinkhearts
02-05-2013, 10:28 AM
He doesn't know Kobe was going to shoot 25 shots a game? He shoots the same every game...you should expect that by now.

This is just an excuse for him to cope with his failures. It's easier for him to blame Kobe for his ineffectiveness than for his ego to accept that he has shortcomings. No touches? Hell the Lakers force fed him the ball, to the point that he had the 2nd highest number of touches down low in the league, but he still cannot do anything with it. But sure, it's easier to blame Kobe for your ineffectiveness right?

Now that Kobe is shooting 12 FGA or less what excuse is he coming up with next? Is he ever going to admit he is limited and should work harder?

kNicKz
02-05-2013, 10:51 AM
LA fans, have fun with this guy on your team

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

chips93
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
He is not much better than Tyson Chandler but at least Chandler knows his limitations. He gets his points in other ways. He gladly plays the big man on defense and doesn't fret too much on offense.

come on guy, dwight is on another level offensively, compared to chandler

G-Funk
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Career attempts: 11.2 with Lakers: 10.3

Plus he's a poor passer(1.5) out of the post and a TO(3) prone player. He can't even get good position and to top it off hes post game is weak. Oh and to add salt to injury dude cant hit a ft for shyt. He works on his passing game, post moves, ft's if he wants more touches

STATUTORY
02-05-2013, 11:34 AM

spot on. guy is an extreme narcissistic and believes he's on a different plane from where he actually is.

andremiller07
02-05-2013, 11:50 AM
He claimed in the interview also that he SHOT 90% FROM THE FREE THROW LINE in Highshool. I don't really hate or like Dwight hes not my cup of tea as far as the way he plays but seriously I just can't beleive he said that.

selrahc
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
ship his ass out

oh the horror
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
While we can all debate on the aspects of his game. One thing is for certain...this guys attitude began to come out last season in Orlando and is still showing here in Los Angeles.

Dwight has officially become a headache league wide

Blue&Orange
02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Kobe shooting pisses everyone but Kobe stans and Kobe haters for diferente reasons.

Rasheed1
02-05-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't see what was soo bad about the interview.. he is always annoying to a certain degree, but he didnt say anything that everybody didnt already know..

Kobe shoots too f*ckin much :confusedshrug: no secret there...

he should just walk at the end of the season, and go to a team where he fits better.. Lakers are dysfunctional..

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Even though it is Howard saying this, there is some truth to it. Ever since Kobe has shot the ball less and looked to pass it, the Lakers have started to win games. Funny that...

Magicbe >>> Iversonbe

He was shooting the ball only 17-18 times early in the season on insane efficiency and the Lakers were still getting thrashed. It's just that guys are making shots now so they can outscore teams since they can't stop anybody.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Remember when Kobe fans said his shooting didn't have ANY impact on the teams play? Or morale?? :oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Remember when Kobe fans said his shooting didn't have ANY impact on the teams play? Or morale?? :oldlol:

But that's how it is. It's no winning with Kobe. He's the only guy who can play well in a loss and his teammates play like crap and it's his fault because he's alienating them. Any other star in that situation is considered to be carrying their team have no help.

But my question is how can you be a 3x DPOY and only want to play defense when you shoot the ball? Considering how much he sucks at FTs and gets stripped, how is that attitude not seen as cancerous?

scm5
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Whatever, at least he finally came out and said it.

Dwight is such a baby, I can't see the Lakers backing this guy up as our star player after Kobe.

SCdac
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
whether howard is 100% or not I don't blame him for being pissed. kobe was clearly aiming for the scoring title despite loss after loss. that would bother any teammate.

KOBE143
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
whether howard is 100% or not I don't blame him for being pissed. kobe was clearly aiming for the scoring title despite loss after loss. that would bother any teammate.

:facepalm

Kobe doesnt care about that cheap title..

Dude is aiming for the biggest one, the championship..

ZeN
02-05-2013, 01:10 PM
:facepalm

Kobe doesnt care about that cheap title..

Dude is aiming for the biggest one, the championship..
People forget how he could have easily won it (last season i think ?) from durant by going all out in the final game of the season.. But since the game was easily won he sat out most of the second half. He wasnt even aggressive or anything like that.

Had he wanted to he could have easily scored the 40 or whatever amount needed to beat Durant. I actually disliked that because it was within his reach and it would have been a great show of competitiveness.

BrickingStar
02-05-2013, 01:14 PM
People forget how he could have easily won it (last season i think ?) from durant by going all out in the final game of the season.. But since the game was easily won he sat out most of the second half. He wasnt even aggressive or anything like that.

Had he wanted to he could have easily scored the 40 or whatever amount needed to beat Durant. I actually disliked that because it was within his reach and it would have been a great show of competitiveness.
Glad he finally realized he doesn't stand a chance against durant this year., Either way the title is pretty stupid to have even been that close when you know KD was a much better scorer last year and it really wasn't close counting the points scored and efficiency. Kobe took 5 more shots a game and still didn't get the title :lol

taucesays
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
"You play with Dwight Howard you know, he's going to miss them," Kobe said. "But, at the same time, I have to find ways to still be effective. I can't allow that to affect how I play. There were a lot of times late in games where I would get upset you know, because I felt like he was costing us the game. And you know, I wanted some touches outside. Do I want touches, yeah. But, whatever I have to do to help this team win, I have to keep my mind in that area."

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM

He didn't even play in that game. It was against the Kings and he could have played but decided to rest for the playoffs since he was coming back from injury.

They lost though because neither Kobe, Bynum nor Pau played in that game :oldlol:

Doranku
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM

It doesn't. The Lakers have won 5 rings with Kobe being Kobe.

This has nothing to do with morale, either. Just because Dwight is a bonafide babyback B!TCH doesn't mean Kobe's shooting affects team morale. What's impacting "team morale" is Dwight's immature, awful, puzzy ass attitude. The dude is a born loser. Mindset of a loser, work ethic of a loser, approach of a loser.

AussieG
02-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Every teammate of Kobe thinks that.. even coaches.. it's just that few rarely ever say it.

Mr. Incredible
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
The future "Man" in Laker Land. Love it.

dazzer87
02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Not surprise by this. Finally someone speaking up on Kome. Kobe going chase another BIG out of LA...:facepalm

ZeN
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
He didn't even play in that game. It was against the Kings and he could have played but decided to rest for the playoffs since he was coming back from injury.

They lost though because neither Kobe, Bynum nor Pau played in that game :oldlol:
Thanks for that. I did forget that he didnt even play. I was having trouble recalling the details.. :oldlol:

But it proves the point that resting or looking at the big picture has always been primary for Kobe. Despite any other issues he has like shot selection and overzealousness at the end of games.

He was more than capable of stealing that scoring title from KD.

AirFederer
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
"You play with Kobe Bryant you know, he's going to get them up," Howard said. "But, at the same time, I have to find ways to still be effective. I can't allow that to affect how I play. There were a lot of times early in the season where I would get upset you know, because I felt like he shot the ball a lot. And you know, I wanted some touches down low. Do I want touches, yeah. But, whatever I have to do to help this team win, I have to keep my mind in that area."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8915802/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-remains-focused-season

What he ment: Kobe is a wan*er but I`ll learn to deal with it :lol

tikay0
02-05-2013, 02:53 PM
nothing to do with this.

I wonder what he will say if he went to brooklyn? Deron shooting too much? comon the guy is just sad and pathetic, even when kobe took just 10 shots he wasn't able to get more touches, his offensive game sucks, its that simple.

Shaq shoot much more while kobe shoot much more too, because Shaq is head and shoulders better than howard, and then some.

trade this loser.

That's not the point he was trying to make. The point is, MJ takes a bunch of shots, but hits most of them. Kobe takes a bunch of shots, but misses most of them. If you're shot jacking, and aren't efficient, you're hurting your team. If you're shot jacking, and making most of them, you're only helping your team.

Ancient Legend
02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Garnett was right, what a clown Howard is. Can't keep his mouth shut for long.

longtime lurker
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Someone needs to just show Dwight the synergy stats of him in the post to shut him up.

longtime lurker
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for that. I did forget that he didnt even play. I was having trouble recalling the details.. :oldlol:

But it proves the point that resting or looking at the big picture has always been primary for Kobe. Despite any other issues he has like shot selection and overzealousness at the end of games.

Of course it has only the dumbass haters would say stuff like "he only cares about the scoring title". Even now that Kobe has switched to a more pass first mode almost to a fault these idiots have gone silent and only show up to hate when the Lakers lose.

jstern
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
He said it upset him, he did not use the word pissed off.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Exactly. Especially against the Kings. He could have easily gotten the 40 or so points he needed to win it but he's already been there and done that. He doesn't have to prove his ability by winning a scoring title.

It's always about winning with Kobe. Don't know why people think that he cares about a scoring title especially at his age. When he was in his early 20s the idea of a scoring title was intriguing to him. But not now.

Mr. I'm So Rad
02-05-2013, 03:39 PM
That's not the point he was trying to make. The point is, MJ takes a bunch of shots, but hits most of them. Kobe takes a bunch of shots, but misses most of them. If you're shot jacking, and aren't efficient, you're hurting your team. If you're shot jacking, and making most of them, you're only helping your team.

Kobe was being very efficient when people started saying he was shooting too much. Remember his 30 point game streak and that whole ridiculous stat about "The Lakers win when Kobe shoots less"? So no, it's not just about efficiency. It's about people always finding a way to blame Kobe even when he's playing great.

clayton
02-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Using the opinion "kobe shooting a lot pissed him off" as fact. :roll:

taucesays
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Kobe was being very efficient when people started saying he was shooting too much. Remember his 30 point game streak and that whole ridiculous stat about "The Lakers win when Kobe shoots less"? So no, it's not just about efficiency. It's about people always finding a way to blame Kobe even when he's playing great.

It's about his team of girls that can't get up to play unless they're scoring. Crappy weak mentality. I expect that from players like Cousins.

SwayDizzle
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Move along.....nothing to see here

Jacks3
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Dwight is a moron. When Kobe was scoring a lot, he was doing it on phenomenal efficiency and the Lakers had a top 6 offense. Why complain if it's working? If the rest of these idiots played just average defense during those games the Lakers would have about 5-6 more wins. :facepalm

ShaqAttack3234
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Someone needs to just show Dwight the synergy stats of him in the post to shut him up.

I would like to know what they count as post touches, though because usually when I watch them, they pretty much just give him touches when he's right under the basket early, and try to establish him in the post in the 2nd quarter when he's had virtually no legit post touches prior to that.

Don't get me wrong, he hasn't looked good in the post this year, but the synergy stats don't fully add up with what I've watched.

JellyBean
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I am sure that Kobe is/was pissed that Dwight keeps missing those free throws as well. Dwight forgets that when he was getting touches, he kept on losing the ball and Kobe had to bail the team out. When you are down 10-15 points, you can't get mad at Kobe for trying to get the team back into a game. Jeez.

Heavincent
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
I can't wrap my head around it. Why does he want more touches? Given his extremely low efficiency in the post, and Kobe's extremely high efficiency in the post, it just doesn't make any sense. Posting up Dwight is such a bailout for the other team, as it usually results in a turnover or FT bricks.

Not to mention he would get more touches if he just caught the damn ball.

STATUTORY
02-05-2013, 05:27 PM
I can't wrap my head around it. Why does he want more touches? Given his extremely low efficiency in the post, and Kobe's extremely high efficiency in the post, it just doesn't make any sense. Posting up Dwight is such a bailout for the other team, as it usually results in a turnover or FT bricks.

Not to mention he would get more touches if he just caught the damn ball.

narcissism. Dwight thinks the court is his stage and everyone needs to clear out for his solo like he beyonce and the rest of team be destiny's children.

Shaq size ego with Tyson Chandler skillset. worst combination.

Godzuki
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
i can't even imagine if he played with Kobe in prior seasons where Kobe chucked like a idiot. at least this season Kobe has been ballin for the most part and making a ton of his shots, its sort of surprising to hear Dwight say that since Kobe was on fire earlier in the season. after reading this lakers might as well try and get what they can for him since i can't see him staying without being a focal point of the offense.