PDA

View Full Version : quotes that piss u the fukk off

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-05-2013, 02:06 PM
"There are those who are so poor all they have is money."
= LOL. All due respect to those, but I have yet to personally meet a wealthy individual who is not also somewhat intelligent, somewhat likeable, cultured and so on and so forth. Maybe they don't quite have the breadth of fun experiences as some other live fast die young types do, but they have many intangibles that are rather admirable.

"Great minds think alike."
Yeah, right.

"Don't talk to strangers"
:oldlol: F*ck you. I love strangers more than my fake azz acquaintances.

'There are two things in this world that are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity"
I don't care if it's true. It's demeaning and most self-aware people know that they suck. They hustle to suck less. It takes a sh!tload effort to try to get to the formula or truth. God knows how many hours dudes have spent in labs figuring sh!t out.

"she got a big booty so I call her big booty." - 2 Chainz.
??? I don't understand.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."
Emotional violence has longer lasting effects than physical violence

"when you wish upon a star, doesn't matter who you are."
Crickets can't talk.

"Live, laugh, love"
What the hell's that posed to mean?

"I believe everything happens for a reason."
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh buddy.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, then u sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
You're a fukking human being and not some kind of prize or privilege to be won. stfu.

Go Getter
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
= LOL. All due respect to those, but I have yet to personally meet a wealthy individual who is not also somewhat intelligent, somewhat likeable, cultured and so on and so forth. Maybe they don't quite have the breadth of fun experiences as some other live fast die young types do, but they have many intangibles that are rather admirable.

"Great minds think alike."
Yeah, right.

"Don't talk to strangers"
:oldlol: F*ck you. I love strangers more than my fake azz acquaintances.

'There are two things in this world that are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity"
I don't care if it's true. It's demeaning and most self-aware people know that they suck. They hustle to suck less. It takes a sh!tload effort to try to get to the formula or truth. God knows how many hours dudes have spent in labs figuring sh!t out.

??? I don't understand.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."
Emotional violence has longer lasting effects than physical violence

Crickets can't talk.

"Live, laugh, love"
What the hell's that posed to mean?

"If you can't handle me at my worst, then u sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
You're a fukking human being and not some kind of prize or privilege to be won. stfu.

Lol, you're thinking too hard on the bold one.

I pretty much hate all cliches and quotes that are printed over Drake and Marilyn Monroe pictures.

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Lol, you're thinking too hard on the bold one.

I pretty much hate all cliches and quotes that are printed over Drake and Marilyn Monroe pictures.

Well Drake is a degenerate human being in more ways than one. So I agree.

And Marilyn Monroe is not a human being worthy of much respect, so I double agree.

I gotta ask though, i've found that many people who aren't conventionally successful often times have some pearls of wisdom they could hsare.

Have you met any people in the prison that made you think or go a-ha?

OhNoTimNoSho
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM

I feel like while obviously transparent and idiotic this line has a bit of that 2 chainz genius. Why else would everyone be repeating it and pointing it out if it wasn't clever and creative in its own right?

JohnnySic
02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
""Great minds think alike."
Yeah, right.

Its usually dumbasses that say that too.

rufuspaul
02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Crickets can't talk.

:roll:

"A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush."
:wtf: Why would you want a bird in your hand?

JohnnySic
02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
"There's more than one way to skin a cat"

WTF who does this? :wtf: And why do you need multiple options?

HardwoodLegend
02-05-2013, 02:29 PM
"Be yourself"

"Anything is possible if you put your mind to it."

Came in here to post the 2nd one.

The 1st is pretty dumb too.

-p.tiddy-
02-05-2013, 02:33 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3ry8yt.jpg

fiddy
02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
"Be yourself adequately"

"Anything is possible if you put your mind to it."

Fixed the first one.

Im fine with the second one

CeltsGarlic
02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I dont think you really get that Einstein quote about stupidity. Imagine woman.

MMM
02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Why are you guys taking these quotes so serious or literal???

ILLsmak
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
= LOL. All due respect to those, but I have yet to personally meet a wealthy individual who is not also somewhat intelligent, somewhat likeable, cultured and so on and so forth.

WAT? lol You haven't met enough people. how old are you? What do you mean wealthy? I might even agree with that in terms of upper middle class people, but in terms of rich people that's dead wrong. Cultured? lol. Buying expensive shit doesn't make you cultured. Culture is gained through experience, really. If your only experience is being rich then you're not cultured. You're pretentious.

Not to mention those people that are born into a lot of money and are entitled or those who made a lot of money and think they somehow worked harder than everyone else.

U WRONG BRO. Why are a lot of rich people terrible tippers? They are asswipes. Might even go as far as to say that it's hard to get rich without ****ing other people over.

Also, lol @ why would you want a bird in your hand. It's a joke, I know.

-Smak

-p.tiddy-
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I would think the average wealthy individual is more cultured than the average poor individual...due to traveling money

Most rich people travel...most poor people don't

Balla_Status
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
"I can do all things through christ who strengthens me."

"You can do anything you set your mind to."

rufuspaul
02-05-2013, 03:05 PM
"Don't mess with Texas."
Yeah? Well fukc you Texas. That doesn't even rhyme.

Balla_Status
02-05-2013, 03:06 PM
"Don't mess with Texas."

Yeah...that one quote about north carolina sucks too...oh wait they don't have one that because they're so irrelevant.

Don't mess with Texas.

"Keep Austin Weird" is pretty gay.

rufuspaul
02-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah...that one quote about north carolina sucks too...oh wait they don't have one that because they're so irrelevant.

Don't mess with Texas.

"Keep Austin Weird" is pretty gay.

:oldlol: Last time I was in Austin I saw a sign in a bar that said "Keep Austin Beered." That was a good one.

KevinNYC
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
:roll:

"A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush."
:wtf: Why would you want a bird in your hand?

Um,

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5601098&postcount=107

Yeah, that's why.

HardwoodLegend
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
"Don't mess with Texas."

It does rhyme syllablically in a hip hop sense.

rufuspaul
02-05-2013, 03:41 PM
It does rhyme syllablically in a hip hop sense.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what the originator of that quote was going for.

-p.tiddy-
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
When do people of other states hear the "Don't Mess with Texas" slogan? When does that ever come up?

Here is used as a campaign slogan to stop littering on the Texas highways...that is how it started

rufuspaul
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
When do people of other states hear the "Don't Mess with Texas" slogan? When does that ever come up?

Here is used as a campaign slogan to stop littering on the Texas highways...that is how it started

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/rufuspaul/perry-newsweek_zpsaab794f7.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/rufuspaul/president-george-w-bush-hook-em-horns-hand-gesture_zpsc6c3a30a.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/rufuspaul/dontmesswithtexas_zpsd81f3e1e.jpg

HardwoodLegend
02-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's what the originator of that quote was going for.

I'm positive it was.

It sounds close enough to a rhyme, has a good flow to it and there's an edge of toughness to the vibe.

MichaelCheazley
02-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I AGREE OP! ****ing just an excuse to act like a piece of shit. Stfu.

johndeeregreen
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Not the exact quote, but it does piss me off when people attribute "It's better to burn out than to fade away" to Kurt Cobain.

StroShow4
02-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Hate this shit. Things that happen to you are the result of various decisions you make.

embersyc
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
"It's all part of God's plan." or "God works in mysterious ways."

Usually said right after something horrible happens.

I just want to be like, "Well **** that asshole then."

Tarik One
02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
"Never kick a man when he' s down". Is there a better time?

"The customer is always right". No need to rant about this one.

-p.tiddy-
02-05-2013, 07:47 PM
"money doesn't buy happiness"

complete and utter bullshit on many levels...from a child purchasing a .05 piece of gum to make him happy to a wealthy family who is on average much happier than a family in poverty...it's bullshit no matter how you look at it.

maybe "money doesn't ALWAYS buy happiness" works...but usually it does, at least in the short term.

"money doesn't buy love"

this is closer to truth than the happiness one, but IMO it is also bullshit to a certain degree...Many women legitimately fall in love with men that they wouldn't have even bothered talking to if they were bums...and in that sense money certainly opened up the doors to love, or at least more opportunity for love.

BlueCrayon
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
"money doesn't buy happiness"

complete and utter bullshit on many levels...from a child purchasing a .05 piece of gum to make him happy to a wealthy family who is on average much happier than a family in poverty...it's bullshit no matter how you look at it.

maybe "money doesn't ALWAYS buy happiness" works...but usually it does, at least in the short term.

"money doesn't buy love"

this is closer to truth than the happiness one, but IMO it is also bullshit to a certain degree...Many women legitimately fall in love with men that they wouldn't have even bothered talking to if they were bums...and in that sense money certainly opened up the doors to love, or at least more opportunity for love.

Just remember, "Money can't buy happiness but no money can't buy sh!t".

Go Getter
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Well Drake is a degenerate human being in more ways than one. So I agree.

And Marilyn Monroe is not a human being worthy of much respect, so I double agree.

I gotta ask though, i've found that many people who aren't conventionally successful often times have some pearls of wisdom they could hsare.

Have you met any people in the prison that made you think or go a-ha?
I worked in a youth prison so no, but when I lived in Chicago I would run into a derelict from time to time whom had some wisdom to share.

-p.tiddy-
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Just remember, "Money can't buy happiness but no money can't buy sh!t".
exactly

broke = unhappiness...at least for most

and street bums who are happy being bums don't count because the vast majority of them are mentally ill...and most beg for money anyway

goldenryan
02-06-2013, 02:30 PM
exactly

broke = unhappiness...at least for most

and street bums who are happy being bums don't count because the vast majority of them are mentally ill...and most beg for money anyway
The more correct quote would be "money can't buy you happiness, but not having it can bring you misery."

I think there was a study about happiness from money ending at about 70k a year. After your basic needs are met and you have some leisure cash, what can money really buy you?

-p.tiddy-
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
The more correct quote would be "money can't buy you happiness, but not having it can bring you misery."

I think there was a study about happiness from money ending at about 70k a year. After your basic needs are met and you have some leisure cash, what can money really buy you?
After that it can buy you retirement aka freedom from work if you wish. The saftey net of knowing you don't have to work if don't want to.

I've heard the 70k thing as well but I find it hard to believe there isnt another level after that consisting of those who are set up for life.

rufuspaul
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM
After that it can buy you retirement aka freedom from work if you wish. The saftey net of knowing you don't have to work if don't want to.

I've heard the 70k thing as well but I find it hard to believe there isnt another level after that consisting of those who are set up for life.

I agree for the most part. There are always exceptions. I have a few trust fund friends that have never had to worry about money their entire lives and they aren't happy at all. Also people who are obsessed with money to the point that all other things in life come second are often unhappy and unfulfilled.

goldenryan
02-06-2013, 03:48 PM

Most people who make 70k or more enjoy the responsibility of their job. I never had a job I both loved and made great money at so I can't say from experience but from co-workers I can see the stressfulness of making 30k a year with a family to support while also having no job security. I would argue that it is human nature to want to be productive and have a purpose regardless of how much you have in the bank. There is a curtain pride that comes with knowing you have earned what you have. Even after you feed your dog, he still wants to go outside and hunt.

-p.tiddy-
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I agree for the most part. There are always exceptions. I have a few trust fund friends that have never had to worry about money their entire lives and they aren't happy at all. Also people who are obsessed with money to the point that all other things in life come second are often unhappy and unfulfilled.

Most people who make 70k or more enjoy the responsibility of their job. I never had a job I both loved and made great money at so I can't say from experience but from co-workers I can see the stressfulness of making 30k a year with a family to support while also having no job security. I would argue that it is human nature to want to be productive and have a purpose regardless of how much you have in the bank. There is a curtain pride that comes with knowing you have earned what you have. Even after you feed your dog, he still wants to go outside and hunt.

yes, I bet if there was a legit study between the happiness of trust fund baby millionaires and self-made millionaires that the self-mades would score much higher on the happiness chart. I would bet anything.

Also, if I had to bet on who was happier between the average 70k individual and the average "self-made" millionaire...I am taking the millionaire...that gap might be smaller though

to my knowledge these studies don't exist though...

It is somewhat understandable that a trust fund baby could be unhappy because they don't respect money or anything that they have, they have never really had the great and satisfying feeling of working hard for something and earning it...When I was able to purchase my first condo I had that feeling "yes, I made it!..ALL THIS HARD WORK PAID OFF!!!"...to a trust fund baby my condo is a shack and they will never have that feeling of satisfaction that I got from that.

code green
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM

Oh my God, this. No, you're not special or deserving of anything. It just means you're a ****.

flipogb
02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
"finding a job is not hard"

-an a$$hole

knickballer
02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
"everything happens for a reason"

Jackass18
02-07-2013, 12:31 AM
"No."